Page 577 of 577 
Username Post: Rockin Scrappin Grans - Part 3        (Topic#1652827)
memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to Tishd

• Tishd Said:
My doctors appointment went well and I will try to explain but will probably not do a good job!

They are going to schedule surgery for me. It will be day surgery. She will go in to the nipple and cut this out, she said think of a pie and taking out a wedge....she thinks it a papilloma in behind the blockage....they will examine for cancer....if cancerous, we will cross that bridge when we get to it. I wish I could explain this better. What she said was reassuring.

ntraductal papillomas of the breast are benign lesions with an incidence of approximately 2-3% in humans. Two types of intraductal papillomas are generally distinguished. The central type develops near the nipple. They are usually solitary and often arise in the period nearing menopause. On the other hand, the peripheral type are often multiple papillomas arising at the peripheral breasts, and are usually found in younger women. The peripheral type are associated with a higher risk of malignancy.

So that is the summary of my issue. I am sure all will be well. I do not like the idea of being put to sleep. She said there were a couple of ways the anesthesiologist might use to put me out. One being like they do for a colonoscopy can't remember the other.

Being put to sleep beats the alternative!!!! You will be fine....I am sure you will have an Anesthetist whos job it is to sit there and monitor you while you are under soooo don't worry. You will be fine as wine!!!! Did not know you had issues that required this kind of surgery. Must have missed that in the many pages I either did not get or did not read. I am sorry about that......but sounds like this will be a good thing!!!! I am not even having Mammo's anymore as I was told to quit. Not necessary after 75 I was told. I have never had a problem.......but now I am wondering.....as you are over 75 and are having some kind of issue. Sigh. Did you find a lump or what.....how did that all come about.???

I got my first refill of my breathing meds today. First time since October. So this is the middle of January so I guess I will get to the middle of October before I need to worry again about not being able to get my meds. Maybe by that time I will have saved up enough to make it through three months with no new Rx. What a mess our system is........no one should have to go without meds due to the cost. I said that when I was 30 and now that I am in the place of living it.....I still say that. What kind of government truly allows this to be the norm. People without meds...due to cost. I think it's barbaric. I can see doing without elective surgery...or even surgery that is not life threatening or meds that don't sustain life...but life saving meds should not be so much $$$$$$ that people cant afford to get them. YES I know it's quite a liberal point of view I guess, but to me, no matter what political party you belong to, people having to stop meds because they can't afford them or the insurance is only good for 9 months is insane!!!!!

but I am beating a dead horse here. In the meantime.......the government is shut down and I should be grateful that my SS check was deposited. LOL

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to memex9

Finding your roots is on PBS so i am going to watch. It's a new one.....yipppee. Love this show. The one with Andy Samberg was riveting........!!!!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to memex9

This is a pocket letter I made for a swap this month:

January Pocket Lettter for Elizabeth By Cdjohnson

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 01-15-19 05:42 PM
In response to ChansGram

Trish, no, but I think soon. They have to get it scheduled and then will call. She went over everything...The risks, procedure etc. I feel comfortable with the breast surgeon. I just want it over, done with and behind me!!!

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 01-15-19 05:51 PM
In response to memex9

Betsey, I think I skipped my mammogram last year. I started having a bloody discharge around the first week of October (right before the crop). My PA said anytime there is a bloody discharge, they get concerned so they set me up for a mammogram. It was the 3 D one....Things looked fine but they still wanted me to follow up with the breast surgeon who examined me and requested a ductogram (that was a procedure to say the least!) This is when a blockage was discovered in behind the duct.....so.....this is why the surgery to remove whatever it is and examine!

I am not really worried. Probably I should be!!!! I guess you missed all this if you were not reading back. No worries, I will be fine...Yes the anesthesiologist will be with me...

I am so tired of insurance... I got a raise in my social security which I assume everyone did. My health insurance went up , my RX monthly premium went down so I am not sure yet if I came out ahead or the insurance company did!

How is your COPD? You haven't said much lately.

I checked your gallery and your layouts were beautiful of the wedding. I have to get into galleries tomorrow to leave some love!

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 01-15-19 05:57 PM
In response to Tishd

Char, do you read or do anything while you have your infusion or do you sleep? I used to just dose and listen to what was going on around me.

I saw your sparkly feet on FB! You will need a room built on just for shoes!

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to Tishd

I’m on the iPad which I don’t like so well if I’m typing a bunch.

I’ll link the lo challenge tomorrow and look at the other cool LOs tomorrow..

Sharon, so sorry to hear that th procedure won’t help D ick. Hugs.

I went to see the movie Vice. Acout D ick Chaney. ......what an awful, power hungry man. And ther is one in office now, worse than him. Wish you all would go see it so we could discuss it. It is very upsetting. ....and his wife is in office!
I came home wanting to move to......I don’t know to what country, but we are a mess!,

Iwhen i go5 home Rum said “ we have a problem” I said tell me and he said later......a bit later I went into our bedroom and screamed. All his clothes were piled so high on our bed that they were ready to topple. He had some closet organizer units in the
closet
Then I looked in the closet. Oh my it needs painting. I told him It had to be painted. He said he knew I’d say that and it would delay him. I could knock it out in the morning if I had paint. But I don’t. I have to get Oakley ay 1:05 . so I doubt if it will get painted tomorrow.nwe really need a dry Waller to come retape the corner where the drywall has pulled away from the metal strip. Oily now I now why people move before their house gets old.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to scrappin 2

Cathe - I would have said "No, YOU have a problem!!" LOL

Page 577 of 577 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics