Page 578 of 578 
Username Post: Rockin Scrappin Grans - Part 3        (Topic#1652827)
scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to scrappin 2

Betsey- Very nice wedding LOs.

Sharon- Good thing I went back a bit, I missed your LOs. I love the stamped carousal horse.

ChansGram
Angel
ChansGram

Warning.....this LO may give some a headache.

Ky’s 8th bday By ChansGram

It did not start out this way but it took a turn- to the point of no return.
Dunno what happened?!!

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to memex9

• memex9 Said:
  • Sunnydi Said:
TRish; that strikes me as an odd question he asked your husband. I hope the new guy continues to be good. I love how you named your outside chair...

Cathe, I lol over Rum's comment... haha just too funny. He reminds me so much of my Dale. The same wit. Poor Van. I never had braces so can't imagine. He'd be happy with jello and ice cream for meals....

Josie, oh boy... a crop all weekend. That's wonderful.. Does everyone scrapbook or do sewers bring machines to work on stuff? I go to a winter retreat that is labeled "crafting"... sewers, quilters, one painter and some of us scrappers there.. very fun to see what everyone else is doing. Lots's of the ladies say to someone "how do you have the patience for that?" and they say it back to them and all laugh.

Donna, I'm glad you doctor is supportive. Are you still going to tomorrow's appointment for anxiety?

Betsey, your description of a lot of the people living there not caring about the local government or needs sounds good to me. How nice Nate loved the wedding album. He appreciates the time and talent you put into it.

I wished I'd photoed the album I did for my son two years ago.. lots of pictures and journaling so very little 'artist' work to it. He likes it.

Cathe, my son's knee needs surgery but he's putting it off. He wears a brace on the job when he knows he'll be walking around a job site. In the office, he doesn't. He does have limitations though.. He still has bitter memories of all that trouble last February. So much happened to him.

Tish and Jojo, more snow huh? I do hope we get one good snowfall soon. It's very rare to snow here after mid February..

Sharon, thanks for telling me about that FB scrap challenge group... it's fun and I'm determined to do all 52 weeks... might not all be 'on time' but they'll be done. There are now a lot of people in that group..... gosh if they all posted layouts it would be over 800 each week... mind boggling.

I am doing our challenge next week at the crop I'm attending.. it's kitted up already.

ok, bbl

Now you have me interested....Why does that sound good to you???? It's terrible........no one does anything....no volunteers for library, river bank clean ups etc........and no one also wants to spend money for anything that involves kids. It took them almost 10 years to get approval to remodel the rec center pool and all. The interesting thing about that is.......all of the free or reduced senior classes are full and have waiting lists......! Sometimes people can be very exasperating.....they won't vote money for anything....hate change........but once it finally gets done then the are on it like flys on honey!!!!! ROFL....that silver sneakers class I have been trying to get into for two years is still full....and I am still on the waiting list. This rec center is two blocks from my house and is Free or reduced rates to city residents.........the class fees are cheap......(for Seniors) one of the water arobics is $4 a class but there are two a week which comes to $32 a month. I truly don't even know if that would be good for me or not........my issues are breathing...not sure water arobics is for me.

ah; the wrong written word: I didn't mean good as in oh goody, that's good... I should have written better. meant probably accurate.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi

Cathe, did Nev and Van get there yet? I'd worry also. You and Trish have a layout circulating thru the "featured" layouts today. Your's is the one about passing out gifts.. 'Can We Sort Yet'.. Trish I think has two. Would you like that FB group link?

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to ChansGram

Trish; ha... you must be thinking of me.... but I still admire your work and creativity.

I need to get off here and do some badly needed tidying.....

ChansGram
Angel
ChansGram
In response to Sunnydi

Yes Di I was kind of thinking of you- LOL !!
All that busyness can make ones head hurt.
All the "color" on the bg is from stamps.

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to ChansGram

Di,
Yes I have my appointment tomorrow with Dr. K for my anxiety.
I have chemo brain too. Eventually I will snap out of it.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to bonprof

Well, Karyol’s fistula is trying to clot off so he has to have surgery Monday to go in and clean it out. I don’t feel like chatting.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to cdjohnson

so so sorry Cheryl. Take care of you.

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to Sunnydi

Cheryl, hugs!

Jojo Noons
Governor
Jojo Noons
In response to Sewflake

Busy day with puppy arriving.
Will be gone tomorrow from 11:00 a.m. on till about 5:00 p.m.
The race is tomorrow.
Hannah will be home with Ebby and Brodie.
Ebby won't even look at the pup. If he goes near her she snarls... She needs time. Giving her encouragement to be a good girl. Puppy is surprisingly accommodating and giving her space. Just a matter of time... It may take a while, she's ruled the roost for a while.

Tired...love to all!

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to Jojo Noons

Many hugs Cheryl!!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to bonprof

Good morning!!

Jojo - I saw Brodie on Facebook. He is so cute!!

Donna - I hope you can relax and unwind this weekend.

It is supposed to rain here all day. I will be doing laundry and playing in my scrap room today. I might try yo get the Kiltz on the walls in the bedroom I am working on.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to cdjohnson

Good morning!!

Cheryl- Hugs dear friend. I feel so badly for Karyol and you. Prayers for you and him going up.
Painting might help keep your mind off Monday. Wish I could be there and help you.

Snow, snow and snow.
Kids are sleeping.
When I woke up Rum was out shoveling and wiping off Nev's car. He shouldn't have gone out before I was awake. I'll go see how much he thinks we got.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2

Rum thinks there is about 6 inches out there. nIt's 16*

Trish- I love the lines in the background of your LO. Not too busy for me at all. , but we know you were thinking of Di.

Di- I never check the featured LOs . Thanks for letting me know some of ours made it. Was Trish's on FB?

It will be hard keeping the kids busy. I know they'd rather be at home. I almost changed plans and told them I'd go out there and stay with them, but I didn't really want to. I mentioned perhaps they could scrapbook and Nev seemed up for it. We can always make cookies, watch a movie and play board games.

Rum took Ozzie out to P. Rum said he came in and Ozzie put his wet nose on Van. I don't know if Van went back to sleep or not. Van's on the couch. Nev got the twin bed. There is the bedroom in the basement but I don't like them down there. There's only one way out. Of course Doug stayed down there for many years and Casey did after college for a summer. --oh and Sonny, Casey and Rayn stayed down there when their house was being built. I didn't like them down there then, but it happened anyway.

JoJo- poor Ebby, yes it will take time.
Have fun at the race.

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9

Oh My...have to go back and read to see how the snow people are doing. some big storm it appears. I hate to say this but its a beautiful sunny day......at about 56 so not terrible at all. Beats the heck out of most of the rest of you. LOL Although in all honesty I could stand to be in one snow storm again.....I do miss the snow sometimes.....!!!

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi

good rainy Saturday.

Cathe, no Trish's were in this site in the Featured. I look there for inspiration... I need inspiration... enjoy today with the kids.

enjoy the day Cheryl.

bbl

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to Sunnydi

• Sunnydi Said:
Trish; ha... you must be thinking of me.... but I still admire your work and creativity.

I need to get off here and do some badly needed tidying.....

I always think of you when I use busy backgrounds...which I do quite often....LOL It's amazing how different yet the same we all are!!!!

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to memex9

Cheryl.....I am so sorry for your struggles with Karyol's illness. I know how frustrating and sad you must be. Thinking of you and praying for you both.

I agree with Cathe....painting is just the thing for you today. At least it works for me. Painting walls is calming and quiet....unless of course you are working in new construction with other laborers there yelling etc. But painting is quiet and calming....at least for me. Good idea!!!

Edited by memex9 on 01-19-19 09:01 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to memex9

Sharon....I bought the die cuts to the Bo Bunny Christmas paper you got at TM. How funny. They had the paper too and I picked it up and then sanity took over and I put it back........just got the pack of die cuts. LOL

I truly love TM for Scrapping stuff........while they sure don't carry alot of different items......they do have things that one gets to see in person rather than deciding on line. This time they had lots of Echo Park paper pads.....Bo Bunny, DCWV, Recollections, and even Martha Stewart. I don't ever remember seeing Martha Stewart paper before. Its a pad of pretty pinks greens etc...very tropical with lots of different flamingo papers. It's perfect for the many beach photos I do......LOL I did buy that one and it's double sided which is pretty much all I buy anymore. It gives one double the ideas and mixes and matches.........it's also always a nice thickness too.

ChansGram
Angel
ChansGram
In response to memex9

Good morning.
We got a few inches of snow yesterday- IDK, maybe 4 inches
But our yard is still full from the last snow we got.
That’s unusual for us.

Cathe, would they not let Nev and Van home alone?
I don’t blame you for wanting to be home.
I always had to be home when I babysat- you want free daycare you come to me- lol!!

Cheryl, sorry your DH is having more issues.
Hope you can find some enjoyment throughout the weekend.
Are you off Monday?

JoJo, how exciting to get the pup earlier than expected.
I haven’t been to FB to see him but I will.
Enjoy him and take lots of pics.
Have fun with the race today!

Donna, how are you feeling today?
Any plans?
Hope the doc has a plan today.

Char, finally the weekend!
Rest and relaxation.

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to ChansGram

I am with Trish on the Day care thing.......if you want me to watch the kids....bring them here. LOL

However, when I watched Lilly every day back when she was two....and three...it was easier to go to her house where all of her stuff was, etc. But up until that time, they always brought the kids to me. LOL

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to memex9

Char...hope you are feeling a little better today.......I am sure this is taking it's tole on you in every way possible.....I think of you so many times a day.....wish I could just drop in and visit or help with stuff. Hugs to you !!!!!

ChansGram
Angel
ChansGram
In response to memex9

Betsey, I had everything at my house that they would have had at their own, they even had a bedroom at my house so I don’t think they’d of known the difference.
But it was grandmas house- what more could they ask for!!
Actually I had more at my house because we had the backyard with swingset, pool, slide , teeter totter, sandbox and trampoline
( when they got a bit older )
So yeah- who wouldn’t want to go there?!!

ChansGram
Angel
ChansGram
In response to ChansGram

That is the only thing DH has ever said about me buying things.
STOP buying things for the girls for the backyard!!
He had to move it all when he mowed- lol!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to ChansGram

Trish - Yes I am off Monday.

I got the wall painted, have sausage spinach soup cooking and laundry going.

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to cdjohnson

Saw my doctor today.
He’s putting me back on my original regime.
Lithium, abilify, and lexapro.
This is what I was on before chemo.
I just couldn’t swallow all those pills at the time.
Praying it works fast.

Char, I think of you all the time.
Hugs and prayers...

Jojo, how sweet your puppy is!!

Trish, today my goal is to clean up my scraproom.
I haven’t scrapped much lately.. haven’t felt like it.
But Im forcing myself to get in there and play.
Thinking that may help.

Cheryl, you sound good for all that’s going on.
You are a strong woman and I admire you.
Sending hugs!!

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to bonprof

hi Donna, I hope the 'old' meds work now. good luck. I think it's good to sit in your room even if not scrapping/crafting.. sit and admire all the pretty work on your walls.

TRish; I'd have come play at your house also.You all know I go to Danielles because it's 1.8 miles away and the baby naps great in his own crib. I have no room here for baby gear.

bbl

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to Sunnydi

ahhhh, look what I had in the featured gallery layouts today... three of you on one screen shot: Donna, Sharon and Cathe... and I can say 'I know them'...

Friends Featured By Sunnydi

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to Sunnydi

Thanks Di for pointing out the featured layouts.
I haven’t checked those out in awhile.

Glad you live so close to your grandchildren!!

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to bonprof

I have some moments to myself right now.
It's amazing how many more dishes one has feeding two more people. LOL I really don't mind.

It is really cold here and going to be colder tomorrow. I know Van would like to go to a movie, but why go out if you don't have to?
I'll probably bite the bullet and go tomorrow.

I hope the kids have memories of staying with us.

Cheryl- Yay on getting the painting done. ---or did you just get the Kilz on the wall?

Donna- hope the meds kick in and you feel better.

Betsey- I'm really jealous of your 50* weather right now. I love to paint walls. I like the sense of accomplishment when it's all done and has a new look.

Di- thanks for taking a screen shot of the "featured" LOs.

Trish- yes Doug and Charity would leave the kids alone, after all Nev is an adult, but the kids wanted to come here. I think they would have been a bit lonely at home. Plus they'd have to get their own meals. LOL

Bo Bunny stuff at TM??? I am going to google the nearest one now............actually I have googled it before, I think there is one near Schaumberg (Chicago burb)

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2

Ok, one Tuesday Morning is an hour away and another an hour and 14 min. None close.

ChansGram
Angel
ChansGram

Cathe, that’s quite a ways to go for a TM.
I don’t think I’d be traveling that far!

Donna, I sure hope being back on your old meds helps- and fast!

Jojo Noons
Governor
Jojo Noons
In response to ChansGram

Hello...

Crazy night followed by crazy day...

We made it out alive... over 150 cars in the race... way too many! Should of broke down into two races.

Anywho… pup cried and howled in his kennel. Billy gave in, pup slept with us. Tonight Hannah's turn... Yes, we are crazy! But that face... Honestly... when Hannah and I put him in his crate and started walking around shutting off lights, he sat there, perfectly upright, nice and tall, his toy Lambchop hanging out of his mouth, looking up with those puppy dog eyes. Hannah headed downstairs, muttering, I can't I just can't, he's so sad. I went to bed, Brodie whined for a bit. Ebby on the floor of our room staring out at the pup. Then he started to howl... that woe is me howl. Billy was quiet for a while, we listened to it for a bit longer... Then Billy said, do you think he'll sleep between the two of us? Guess where Brodie ended up. He between us two and once in the bed, Ebby of course had to jump up too. We were all hugga-mugga. Miracously we all fell right to sleep, slept straight through till 6:30. Bill had to be up and ready to leave for 7:30 and head to the race pits. I got up with the dogs... put on coffee … so my day started,

Was -4 at the race track... flippin cold! Made a long day... came home, made dinner and worked on emails, then crocheted for a bit. I'm ready for bed. Wanted to chime in and say hello.

Snow started at 4:00 p.m. lightly snowing, will pick up and heavy at times through the night. Will continue all day tomorrow. We're estimated 18-24". It will be what it will be...

Bill did well in the race... much banging going on! theres a story Im too tired to tell... maybe tomorrow.

Wishing everyone well!

Page 578 of 578 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics