Page 592 of 592 
Username Post: Rockin Scrappin Grans - Part 3        (Topic#1652827)
bears99
Diva
bears99
In response to cdjohnson

I am home!! Kari and I were the only ones in town today. We were thinking we probably hadn’t gone to town alone since before Gracelyn! Kari told her Dad we might just not come home!! Lol. Had a med check at the doc. Increase on one and decrease on another. Trying to find something to help without costing so much I can’t afford it.

Tish...I cried happy tears at the no cancer news!!

Jojo Noons
Governor
Jojo Noons
In response to cdjohnson

Hello,

Checking in while I have chicken noodle soup.
I went back to bed and slept till 7:30 p.m. Crazy! Haven't had a cold hit me this bad in a long time.

Donna, prayers to you hun! Miss your sweet face in here.

Tish, yay on no cancer cells and your girl healing nicely.

Josie, wishing the best for you with the appts.

Char, busy with appts. too. Soon you can rest in your recliner.

Cathe, love your album for the baby shower! Quite thoughtful of you!

Trish, wish the Prednisone was working better for you.

Betsey, loved the pics of Lily... Shes so sweet!

Sharon, I got one of those containers to hold dies. The clear 4 sectioned one. Love it. Can't wait to fill it up. Considering getting a second one.

Di, I think it's wonderful you teaching Dori how to sew. Sounds like she enjoys it very much.

Cheryl, how is Karyol feeling today?

Sorry, just not too chatty...

ChansGram
Angel
ChansGram
In response to Jojo Noons

JoJo, hope the long nap and chicken soup help to heal you.
Maybe some NyQuil and more sleep will kick it out of you by tomorrow.
Feel better.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to ChansGram

Good morning!!

I think I should have tried going back to sleep. I woke up at 7:00 and it's taken me 40 min. to feel like I'm awake.

JoJo- Sure hope you've turned the corner on this cold.

Cheryl- well.............I loved that pink feather!!

Betsey- I enjoyed seeing the pictures of Lilly painting.

Donna- if you check in.............still praying for you.

Jo- How nice you and Kari got to be together for a little bit without kids in tow.

I plan on leaving the house today. I haven't gone out since Sunday!! No snow, sleet, or freezing rain today!!

Now I'm after a shoe rack.
Trish I need you to go shopping with me.
We don't have an IKEA.
I'll try Home Goods and HL. I wouldn't mind finding something that isn't really a shoe rack.
I saw a cool one on Pinterest made of black, industrial pipes, but I'm not handy and it would take Rum forever to make it.
I found a bamboo one online at Penney's last night, but it was too long. I really liked it. It can't be too tall as it is going on the side of the closet that holds longer things (if needed) . Really only my robe is the long thing i own. I have the dress from Laura's wedding but it is going into the computer room closet.

What do I do with a shoebox full of old home movies that my Grandpa took? We did have them put on DVD's several years ago. ..........and I have the big, hunkin' projector.

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to scrappin 2

Morning, rough early night...hard to get to sleep up 5 times but surprisingly I feel like I slept well. It will hit me later that I am tired.

Cathe, do you want to pull out that projector and see if it still runs? Put an old movie in it and having it playing against a wall or old sheet. The kiddos might get a kick out of seeing some of the movies at your next gathering...like having it play in the background.
If the projector does not work and the old film is too brittle to play well then you can get rid of it all with good conscious... if non of the kids want it now will they want it once you are gone?? If not why save it?? Some of the film can be put on a scrapbook page!!! Or you can gift us grans with a reel and we can use it on a page too!!

Wow, I lost a whole day!!! I had no clue it was Feb 20 yesterday!!!
I knew it was Wednesday and February......

Tish - glad for any good news... NO to cancer! Let those mamas heal! For Char too!!!

Jojo- hope you were able to sleep well last night. Taking a cold medication that helps you sleep is ALMOST like a mini vacation if you feel rested the next day. Sleeping is a vacation from feeling lousy.

Trish - what is going on with the hives this morning??
That is sucky that nothing can be found to control them!!

Cheryl - how are you sleeping?

Jo - What a small treat to have the day with your daughter with no kids!! Hope you can find a solution to your medication at a lower cost!

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to Sewflake

Betsey - those are cute photos of Lilly. She is quite the little beauty and looks so earnest doing her painting.

Donna - prayers for your struggles.

I best go fix breakfast...I am going to make taquitos with hash-browns and eggs with cheese.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to Sewflake

Good morning.. sunny and 22 deg. here. brrrrrr

Josie, I lol at Kari's comment to Roy. I can't think of the last time I was out and alone with my daughter... several years ago and I think it was for a pedi. sorry about the dang cost of drugs..

We have a glass show Saturday, tomorrow is set up day. Today we'll load the van up and arrive at complex Friday a.m. 10, to set up.. We didn't do the show last year due to son being critical.. so it's been two years.. my brain is trying to remember 'how' to do it all.. it'll work out. Being my knee is bad Danielle is showing up tomorrow a.m. to help dad unload the van of boxes. She'll also help us pack up Saturday evening.. bless her.

Your talk of old movie films is interesting. we have them also and I've not had them converted. We don't have very many though as we never had a video camera; couldn't afford one. we borrowed one several times to use though. I think I'll do what you suggested Sharon: have a movie night with popcorn.

ok, gotta go

Jojo Noons
Governor
Jojo Noons
In response to Sewflake

Slept well...once I got to sleep. Tossing and turning because the right side would plug up, switch to the left, then flat on my back and the vicious circle continued...until I drifted off.

Got another 4-5 inches of snow last night. The temps are going up I guess. Doesn't feel like it yet.

Sitting in here with a head full of hair color. I've been putting it off... No motivation and the thought of my head upside down in the sink while rinsing... with congested air passages... could be a tumultuous task... LOL!
SO.... I'm living dangerously today...while feeling just as congested, throwing caution to the wind... I'm determined to get this done!
Tomorrow people will leave cabin 2 by noon. I'll need to get in there toot-sweet because I have another party coming in at 3 for a long weekend, they'll be here through Monday. Then they'll leave and once again I'll turn over the cabin because other people rented it for the month of March. Cabin 6 has also rented out for March.
This means all 4 of the 2 bedroom cabins are rented. March should be a great month to get the she-shed settled and get some crafting done. Now to get rid of this cold.

Time to rinse... Wish me luck!

Have a great day ladies!!

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to Jojo Noons

I have just returned from the ER..n YES i dorve myself,,,,,blleeding and all. I was trimming the shrubs at the front door and slipped and cut my index finger left hand...almost an identical cut to the one 4 years ago at school just the opposite index finger. Sooo I got it wrapped but it would not stop bleeding,,,,so I finally just drove myseld down the street to the ER. Its about three blocks. LOL

So this time they glued it ,.,,,piece of cake,,,,,,,its almost an identical cut to my other finger,,,,lol it was 4 years and 11 months since I was there with the other one so a Tetanus shot was needed. OMG how funny. I am home with a splint to keep me from banging it on something........good thing,.,,,just making a sandwich was an adventure one handed typing is not my thing,,,,,,whew!!!! ttyl

ChansGram
Angel
ChansGram
In response to memex9

Oh Betsey, glad that wasn’t more serious- yikes.

ChansGram
Angel
ChansGram
In response to ChansGram

Hives not good this morning- seems like it’s getting worse each day. A few hours after meds I feel ok but morning is rough.

Today after school run I started the chicken- it’s simmering the day away.
Made my and Boos bed.
Vacuumed.
Made a little vase out of coasters, need to get some flowers for it.
I think it turned out cute. I need to stay off of YouTube.
DH got home about an hour ago- just too cold to work- per the inspector.
Resting in my chair till 2 - school run.

ChansGram
Angel
ChansGram
In response to ChansGram

Cathe, can’t believe you haven’t been out of the house since Sunday!!
Hope you find the right shoe rack.
It’ll be nice when you get it all done.

ChansGram
Angel
ChansGram
In response to ChansGram

Di, that is nice of DD to come and help with the lifting.
Hope you have fun at the glass show.

Sharon, sounds like you’ve had a rough night.
You may be napping about now.

JoJo, how’d the hair turn out?

Jo, hope you are able to find the right meds without emptying your pocketbook.

Page 592 of 592 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics