Page 603 of 603 
Username Post: Rockin Scrappin Grans - Part 3        (Topic#1652827)
Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to Sunnydi

I'm doing too many different things to day before going away.. I did want to type up jornaling for the cities we visited, and some places, so I've been doiong that.. took hours. Then I designed on my Cricut program titles to be cut, at the crop...

also planning the Schafer family reunion picnic.. just got a place reserved, paid for..

I need to pack...

bears99
Diva
bears99
In response to Sunnydi

I am actually working on my own challenge too. Have to get it finished and posted!!

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to ChansGram

Checking in.
Tish, thank you for the thoughts.
Doing a bit better.
Hope to go back to work April 1st.

Kerry’s run with workmen’s comp is winding down,
The company refused to get her the treatment she needs for her hands. Her regular benefits have ended and now she has Cobra. It’s the extended coverage that costs an arm and a leg.
We are getting married next Thursday at the courthouse! We planned on doing this all along, but now it will really be helpful. Kerry can go on my benefits.
We will have a party late Spring to celebrate.
So that’s what happening.

I hope everyone is doing well.
xoxoxo

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 03-21-19 01:59 PM
In response to ChansGram

I have never heard of a license with Microsoft Windows either. Strange! I no longer have Microsoft Office. It was on my computer that crashed. Now that does need a license.

I really miss Office!

Betsey can you send what you need printed to some one in your family via email and they can print it out for you.

Sharon, I forgot to tell you I am sorry to hear about your dil. Things like that scare me. I hope she is going to be ok.

My family just left. It is kind of good to have them here for supper/dinner two nights a week because it forces me to cook a nice meal!

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 03-21-19 02:00 PM
In response to bonprof

• bonprof Said:
Checking in.
Doing a bit better.

The company refused to get her the treatment she needs for her hands. Her regular benefits have ended and now she has Cobra. It’s the extended coverage that costs an arm and a leg.
We are getting married next Thursday at the courthouse! We planned on doing this all along, but now it will really be helpful. Kerry can go on my benefits.

xoxoxo

Wonderful, Donna that you and Kerry will be getting married! It will be good to be able to add her to your health insurance policy.

I hope you are feeling better. You sound good! Well your written words sound good!!!

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 03-21-19 02:07 PM
In response to bears99

Jo, I need to get your challenge finished too! I know what I want to do, but to get it together is another thing!

Trish is it peace and quiet in your house yet?

As much as I loved having the grandchildren come when they were little and rambunctious, I always breathed a sigh of relief when they went home! LOL

charK
charK 
Governor
charK
  • charK on 03-21-19 02:19 PM
In response to Tishd

Caitlin went grocery shopping. She’s making beef stroganoff for dinner. Her dad used to make it and he taught her how. Chloe loves it. She also cleaned out the refrigerator.

Sure hoping after 2 coats of primer the paint goes on and covers nicely.

charK
charK 
Governor
charK
  • charK on 03-21-19 02:21 PM
In response to charK

Donna how exciting. Will Kerry go back to work at the same place?

What are you going to wear??

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to charK

Yhea Donna, it's so good to hear from you!!
Thanks for letting us know of you marriage plans. I'm excited for you and Kerry.
Sorry to hear her hands aren't completely recovered. Can she look for a different job?

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to scrappin 2

Char- Have the girls gotten closer to their Dad? You mentioned he taught Caitlin how to make beef stroganoff.
Caitlin earned some gold star in heaven for cleaning the refrigerator for you. Do you think she realized you need help and came home because of it?
I sure hope for Caitlin and Arthur's sake that two coats of the primer will hide the old color.

Tish- yes it's good to have more than one to cook for every now and then. Since we had a big lunch, I'm not hungry and it is about the time I make dinner. I could make Rum some rice and he could have the left over chop suey. I don't know what I'll have.

Jo- Glad to hear you are working on your challenge.

Di- time for the reunion..........again?? It seems like just last year you had one. Yes, I know it is a yearly reunion. That is wonderful.
Your titles are always so detailed and wonderful.

Trish- oh 30 min one way isn't bad. I thought it was further.
I bet they will take memories home with them.

charK
charK 
Governor
charK
  • charK on 03-21-19 03:13 PM

Cathe no they haven’t. He doesn’t live far from her college so she did see him more. He hasn’t seen Chloe since November.

Caitlin said my blood pressure is going down because she is home. It sure is nice. She hugs me everyday. Chloe gives me a fist bump 👊🏽

I’m going to watch the Gonzaga game. They are upstairs painting. Peter and the girls. Arthur had to work for his dad today.

I’m going to ride my chair upstairs and get some pictures.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to charK

Char- Glad to hear your BP is going down!
I think the chair lift is a wonderful invention.
I hope Gonzaga goes far. I picked them to win the tournament. Then Dale said he didn't think they would win so I changed my bracket. If they win Dale will owe me 2 bucks!
I'm doing badly in the basketball pool already!
I should just pick the lower seated team. I always root for them.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to bonprof

Donna; so good to hear from you. Happy marriage day to you Kerry. It will help for sure. hugs.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Sunnydi

Donna - Congrats on you two getting married!!

I am tired and don’t feel like chatting. I watched the end of the Murray State game and watching Kentucky now.

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to cdjohnson

Congrats on you two getting married Donna.
What a wonderful way to end the month.

Jojo Noons
Governor
Jojo Noons
In response to Sewflake

Hello

Donna, how wonderful for you and Kerry to be getting married! Very happy for you two!

Josie... You and everyone in NE. have been in my prayers. Love hearing about the calving season. Praying for healthy, vibrant, strong little ones. Silly Mama cows wanting a calf that isn't theirs... But then again it works on the other end when one rejects the calf. Interesting about matching up and putting in pasture by age... Makes sense and a long day of hard work. I tip my hat to you all for the stamina of doing that day in and day out. Love to hear about your experiences on the ranch.

Cathe, I did get some moon pics. Not too happy with how they turned out. The moon rose during twilight. To get a sharp pic of the moon was difficult. The more I zoomed in, the darker the sky got for some reason. Pics taken further away blurred with the different layers of trees. Hard to explain, may post them in our FB page.

My ears are worrying me. Every morning I pray to wake up with my hearing and yet I don't. When I sit on the porch with my coffee I can actually feel the pressure build. I'm still congested. I should go to the doctor for the 3rd time. I'm am shuffeling my feet because I don't want to go. I know it sounds silly, but I'm afraid of what they may say. Tomorrow is Friday, if still plugged I'll have to call. My first appointment was 2/27. Took myself back on 3/6, and had the chest x-ray. Finished the antibiotics I think on the 9th. These ears have been plugged for a good 3 weeks. I've NEVER had my ears plug up, not in all of my 58 years... So yes, I'm worried and honest in saying I'm reluctant to go. The congestion, I can tell is getting a bit less and less each day, but still bothersome, still coughing. I'm out of my Codine syrup as well. I've been taking Muscinex...but stopped it because I didn't like the way it made me feel. It made me feel as though my BP rose, giving me a headache and irritable. This cold is crazy... Unlike any cold I've ever had. The hot showers, drinking so many clear fluids of apple juice, cranberry juice, orange juice, ice tea... Sleeping away every afternoon. I can't even take a phone call, I can't hear. I'm praying this congestion goes away and the ears clear up... Just hasn't worked. My sinuses seem better, just clear mucus. When I blow my nose hardly anything comes out. My chest is congested, but better. No more coughing jags to the point of choking. I seem to be able to talk without spurring on a coughing fit, but still coughing.

I haven't been in today because I'm madder then a queen bee in a hive with drunken drones....
Hubby is on the hit list... Not the sh!t list. I'm so mad, I can't even bring myself to look in his direction.
He clear-cutted a section of pines. We had talked about taking out a few of the bigger pines behind the cabin to allow the sun to come in. My understanding was two trees to the left of the cabin looking at it from the front. They are too big, rubbing against the cabin and a window. Then in the back we talked about taking out a line of trees along the back path leading to the barn. If looking out my sliders downstairs, looking toward the barn, there are 3 big pines which needed to come down. This is what was discussed.
THIS IS NOT WHAT HAPPENED!
This morning the logger showed up. I knew he was coming. He had one if those machines that holds the tree as it is cut. It's like an excavator. It can then pick up the tree and move it where it can then be further cut or laid.
I saw the equipment come in. I of course stayed in the house with the dogs. Hannah had gotten up and was having breakfast when this was going on. I told her to text her father if she should keep the horses in the barn because of these few trees coming down. She texted him and was told they were to stay in till they were finished. It would be about an hour. Sounded right, they could only do the 3 trees out back and not the two in front because of the snow being plowed from the driveway. I heard the machine start up and heard it moving. I heard a tree being cut, then another and another, and another, and another, and another. I went out on the porch to see what the hell they were doing... Only to see this #[email protected]*#$ machine in the middle of the pine Grove clear cutting everything I wanted left alone! The flipping 3 trees I wanted cut are still standing. I have this huge empty spot where beautiful 14" diameter pines we're. I'm pizzzzzzed. I can't even begin to tell you how pizzzzzzed I am. I started screaming like a mad woman over the buzzing of the machine. I now can see clear over to Archie's cabin. The privacy in my back yard is now gone. This cannot be fixed. This is my ******** of a husband doing the easy way out. He just took out the best little pine grove we had. He just wrecked the yard. He took out young trees that helped buffer our privacy and not only that but helped buffer the other trees from strong winds. We have trees up in the campground that are dead and NEED to come down. I have asked for those to be taken out for 6 years now and they haven't been touched. Three of those dead trees have snapped during strong winds. I am out for blood. I came in the house balling my eyes out. I have been sick to my stomach all day. I want to snap that Jack arse hubby of mine in two.
I have a mess, there are trees laid down, stumps everywhere the size of half an acre. I really don't know what tomorrow will bring.

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9

• scrappin 2 Said:
Wish I was going to go to a crop.............preferably with all of you!

I tried cutting a title with the silhouette 4 different times adjusting the blade and double cut, or just using a deeper blade. It would NOT cut!! I shut the darn thing off.

Tonight when I get in the shower I'm going to squirt the doors with 8 oz of vinegar and 8 oz of Dawn mixed together to see if it will cut through the scum. Maybe I'll only mix 4 oz of each. I don't want to waste my Dawn if it doesn't work.

Di- have a great time at the crop.
Our backyard is too muddy to let anyone walk on it. It's ugly.
I bet Dael loved being outside. He's too young to remember last year's nice weather, all he knows is rain and cold. LOL

Sharon- good thing you got off of here and I hope you got some kits together.
So you got a new table and chair but you're getting the legs cut down? guess I forgot what you are doing.

Char- How's the painting going?

If that doesn't work try hydrogen peroxide. Just tested it out on my oven door, inside and out....and VOILA! Stuff that would not come off previously came off like a champ. Saw it on FB. LOL

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to ChansGram

• ChansGram Said:
Tish, well darn it on the car but at least the guy came in to tell.
Not everyone would do that.

Betsey, sure don’t know what the answer would be but if what they’re doing is working, why not stick with it.
It is very sad when mothers get jealous when their kinds love their grandmother so much. And why wouldn’t she when Gigi has helped to raise her.

Sharon, glad you’re going to a crop!
You need to get away and get some “me” time.

Di, nice that you got a room.
I wouldn’t want to bunk with strangers either.

Jo, such a busy time for you all.
Hope things settle down and no more babies are lost.

JoJo, I had wondered the same thing- if someone takes something do you take it out of their deposit?
I’m going to go ck out Hannah’s room.

Exact;ly. !!!!!!!! The sad thing is that Lilly is fully aware of all of it and is not very nice to her Mom at times......she is still very angry........she is the one that is the biggest loser in this whole nightmare. Karen just walks away now and goes outside or into her room.....just not to argue in front of Lilly...but that's not right either......after all it's HER HOUSE that Lilly and Ally have been living in since Lilly was THREE. And she was there every day for me to watch from two to three......years. And before that....we all took turns watching her.......OMG I want to slap Ally.....and whisk her forward about 10 years or so when she realizes how much her Mom and Dad gave up to help her. Not to mention the $$$$$cost.
Ahhhhhh family! Can;'t live with em and can't shoot 'em!!!!

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to memex9

Tish....unless you have an Apple Mac computer you have licensed windows in your desk top. I don't know about lap tops but figure it's the same. Apparently it's licensed and expires every so often...and you have to re license or sosmething. I am assuming it costs money. But I really don't know what more there is to it. But without windows I can only go to stuff I can get through my Chrome browser and I am afraid to shut down my computer because it's powered by windows. It won't come back on again is how I see it. So any day I will be out of computer. LOL

I am tired and really sick of stuff like this....I just get ahead, well not ahead, but everything is caught up, my Insurances are paid, my property taxes are paid, and all that's left is my $50 tag renewal for my car. And now this!!!!!! I have lived without my favorite channels on TV ........and a thousand other little things that I have eliminated from my life that cost money......like hair cuts, etc......(unless its absolutely necessary) but this seems like a lot for me to have to give up. And yes....I guess I am whining again....sorry!!!!!!

Just so you know if I disappear one day...it will be because I can no longer get on here. and I will be done with this form of communication.

My dgd tells me I have Windows 7 and they will not renew it to that one they will force me to get 10 or newer which of course this computer is not able to handle. It's 11 years old and and Emachine from walmart. SOOOOOO unless some bright star shines in the east...I will have to deal with buying a new computer at some point. or learn to live without. Getting old really truly sucks. Just thought I would mention it. HOWEVER, it sure beats the alternative and the sun is out the sky is blue, I am going to see Lilly perform at Dance Camp this morning at 11:30 and bringing her home with me until Karen picks her up after her day at the "farm".

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to Jojo Noons

Sooooooo very sorry about the trees!!!! What the h......was he thinking???? I don't blame you for being mad....this is not a mistake that one can fix. Are you allowed to cut down as many live trees as you wish in your state???? Here we have to have a permit...from the city, county or wherever...and it used to be there could not be any green growing on the tree........or.....there was a nother permit you got if you were clearing a lot for building but then had to leave any trees that did not encroach on the floor plan of the house. I am surprised that Florida is so concerned with their trees......and NOT New Hampshire. LOL I would have been in tears....I was intears watching them cut down six big oak trees across the street for NO GOOD REASON other than the guy who bought the house has a bug fettish and apparently wants nothing other than grass growing in his yard. (He just pulled out and "trashed" six big beautiful Azalea bushes this week.) I know truly just how you feel..........I am so very very sorry.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to memex9

Good morning!!

Cheryl- thinking of Karyol and praying things go well.

Sharon- any news about Peggy? How is she feeling?

Jojo- I'd be mad too!! What was he thinking????
My sister's ears are still plugged since the end of February. She doesn't have the congestion and coughing tho. Were you swabbed for flu type A? You'd better get back to the doctor.

Betsey- we DO have license Window on our computers, but you don't renew a license !!!!! I accidentally update a year or two ago. I was asked on the computer to update and I said yes. Mark told me how to reverse it. Rum said even when Microsoft now longer supports Windows 7 the things I use like email will still work. Don't buy anything.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2

Not sure what I'll do today.
I didn't wake up til 8:30.
Lynn hasn't been texting me to walk. Maybe she gave up on me.

Today would have been Mark's birthday.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi

Cathe, well... happy birthday to Mark.. it's hard, hugs.

Jojo, on Bill

I'm off in two hours..... internet there is sketchy so I'll try to come in and say hi

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 03-22-19 06:35 AM

and I have never had to renew a license on my computer for Windows either. I guess I don't understand! When the new hard drive was put in my computer after the other crashed it had Windows 10. Not crazy of it yet but it works.

Good morning! A messy one here. Rain mixed with snow and a dreary gray day.

Jojo, I don't blame you for being mad about your trees. And like you said, it can't be fixed! We are missing two of our beautiful big oak trees down by the road but only because of big winds that blew down big branches etc. I really miss them and do not like seeing that empty spot.

What does Bill have to say ab out the trees or are you even talking to him!

Your poor ears! I can understand your reluctance to go to the doctors. I am always afraid when they want a test done they will find something. That is why I was so nervous about my heart tests. All was well though.

I hope you feel better soon.

Betsey, I don't know what to say about your computer. Ten years ago or more, I had some techie sense. Not so much now that I am older.

I keep thinking you can go on line and download Windows for free but I am not sure!

ChansGram
Angel
ChansGram
In response to Tishd

Good morning.
Cloudy and gloomy here- ugh.

DH on his way to doc appt.

JoJo, oh my.
What was he thinking.

Sharon, how is your DIL today?

Di, have fun!

ChansGram
Angel
ChansGram
In response to memex9

Betsey, have fun at Lilly’s performance!
Sorry about the computer- hopefully there’s a solution that will work for you.

Donna, congrats to you and Kerry!

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to ChansGram

I do not have windows on my computers but I do purchase Microsoft word to download.
It is so frustrating that computers become obsolete around 10 years or so.
Companies continually update their software to the point that the older drives will no longer function with the new stuff.
The companies are not going to waste their time and money on supporting all of the older operating systems so we have to keep spending money to keep up!!

I have come to the conclusion that ANYTHING with electronic components are not going to last more than a decade or two at the very most, but when is the last time you have bought any appliance that lasted 20 years or more???
You have to have an handyman in the house to keep those things running for decades!!!
Very little is built to last anymore!

I have lots more but will write in Word then post here.....I keep losing what I write when I push the wrong button!

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to Sewflake

Jojo, my stomach started to clench as I was reading your post about the trees.
Like has been said, that is one “mistake?” that can not be fixed!! Not for at least 30 years!
It will also be one sight that greets you every morning!
Did Hurricane Billy have anything to say?

You need to head back to the Doctors office to find out what you are dealing with…then you can make your choice as to what and how you deal. Not knowing does not change what is going on and what you have to deal with, it only gives you NO choice by waiting too long.

Cheryl, hope all goes well today with Karyol….I pray they find something that will work for him.
Take care of your self too.

Cathe, how come you are not wanting to walk or is it that you have had so many other commitments and actives that you can’t work in everything!!

Tish, Hope you have a wonderful day in the dreary weather! Sunshine and warm will be coming soon!

Betsey, have fun with your Lilly day!

Trish, what are you going to do today?

Peggy is doing ok, the nurse or someone (tech) said they saw an anomaly in her artery (can’t remember which one Brian said) from the MRI. That was all they could say until the doctor came in to talk with her today. Whatever artery it was she has a family history of the same thing. It was good that she caught it early and now we wait to see what the doctor recommends.
Brian thought she would be coming home today sometime and if everything goes well they will come over tomorrow so I can crop a little or at least get away.
Peggy is feeling fine and symptoms have passed, all they are waiting on is what the doctor recommends from here.

Jojo Noons
Governor
Jojo Noons
In response to Sewflake

Sharon, sending prayers for Peggy! Good to hear the symptoms passed and the anomaly found. Pray it can be controlled with the least invasive treatment.

You are right, I do need to get myself to the doctors. This has been going on since mid February...and the plugged ears since around 2/20? So a month is too long without results. Going to call and schedule an appointment ASAP. Can't be today, I'm not going anywhere in this weather. Hope I can be seen Monday. Up here there isn't too much back up for appointments... But again, I'm sure I'm not the only one with a stubborn cold. Fingers crossed I can get in soon. We don't have walk in clinics up here.

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake

Busy time here right now, dDick has been hearing from several of his Navy buddies that he served with year and years ago...
Peggy called and she has two brain aneurysms that need surgery and talks to the surgeon on Thursday of next week. She will be on home care and can not return to work until further notice with moderate activities and noting strenuous.
dDick of course is still having Hospice people coming 4 days a week.
There is just too much going on now to keep up, I will come and go say hi and chat as I can.

Hugs to all.
Even hurricane Billy!

ChansGram
Angel
ChansGram
In response to Sewflake

Sharon, so glad they caught Peggy’s issue early.
Very scary to say the least.
I hope they get it taken care of soon.
You have a lot going on- ck in when possible.

ChansGram
Angel
ChansGram
In response to ChansGram

DHs visit to the doc was uneventful.
Was told he had the flu, it was passing through so no meds to help him as it was at the end.
Advice was to got get Sudafed and Flonase.
A nasal wash if he wants.

ChansGram
Angel
ChansGram
In response to ChansGram

Went to Target to get his meds and picked up Wendy’s on the way home.
I feel better already- I think because I take my meds right away when I get up, then a cup of regular coffee and no food it makes me not feel good.
You’d think I was a child who didn’t know better.

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to ChansGram

Thank you everyone!

Kerry will not be going back to her old job.

Not sure what we’re wearing at the courthouse.
Figuring everything out.

Cheryl, thinking of you and Karyol today!!

ChansGram
Angel
ChansGram
In response to bonprof

Derm doc just called- wants me to see an allergist
I guess this means she doesn’t have a clue how to help me and is sick of me and my issue!!
Peace out lady.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to ChansGram

Sharon- Thank heavens Peggy didn't have a more serious stroke.
I hope you got out for a little while.
I mainly haven't walked because I don't get up till 7:30 or 8:00. Lynn leaves our subdivision at 8:15. Too early for me.
Soon it will be nice to walk outside. Lynn will come home from the mall and walk with me.

Jojo- hope you called for an appointment.

Trish- Haven't you seen an allergist already?
Sorry your doctor is stumped.

Hi Donna- So glad to see you!!!

I took Carole to lunch for her birthday which was yesterday. Being Friday and not eating meat, we went to our favorite local joint called Johnny Pamcake. We get egg salad sandwiches and I get a cup of clam chowder.

I came home telling myself to get that mixture of vinegar and Dawn and clean the shower door. ............but here I sit. LOL

bears99
Diva
bears99
In response to ChansGram

Cheryl....thinking of you and your DH today. Sure hope some more permanent answers can and will be found and settled. This going to surgery every little bit is NOT good!! Be kind to yourself as well.

Betsey...have a great day watching Lilly. I understand just what sort of a child she is...have one here as well. If they can use an adult or the trouble between adults, to their own advantage, they will. That is just being a kid trying to figure out their world. I feel bad for her as you are right, she is the one who has lost the most in all of this.

Di....have a fun time at your crop. I hope to get to Ogallala for the weekend crop in April but we will have to wait and see.

Cathe....have you quit walking completely? You did so very well for so long....what's up? Hugs on Mark's birthday.

Char...did the two coats of primer cover? How is that room coming along. Sure good of Caitlin to cook supper. good for her!!

Tish...yes, I received your birthday card!! Thank you. We only got mail one day last week due to the storms so it might have taken extra time to come, but I did get it! I got one from CATHE just yesterday as well. Thank you much.

Trish....I have noticed that how I feel really depends upon when I take my morning meds as well. I cannot take them on just a cup of coffee or I am almost sick. Have to eat something and then take the pills. If I don't do it first thing in the morning then I forget to take them!! So.....are you going to go back to the allergist?

Donna....congrats to you and Kerry.

Sharon....wow, you do have a lot going on. We will be watching for you to pop in and say hello. Don't let the stress of everything send you over the edge! You have to take care of yourself as well, just like you were telling Cheryl! Prayers for Peggy.....the words brain aneurysm scare me to pieces.

Jojo...not sure what I might be saying to your Bill if I were you right now. Maybe something along the lines of what in the world were you thinking!!!??? I would be so very upset, as I know you are. This will be one that stares you in the face every day for a very very long time. Did you ever get his reasoning on this?

Yesterday we had 3 cows that had to have help calving. The first one was a calf that came tail first.....and it was dead. The next one the calf was sort of sideways and almost upside down but Roy and Kari got the calf pulled alive and both cow and calf are doing ok. The third one was last night and it was also a tail first calf......got the calf alive but broke the pelvis on the cow. They are both up and moving this morning but it will take a long time to heal. She should heal up, but won't be one that can travel well this spring. It was a long long day. We have never had 3 in one day that were like that! Kari and Nathan are gone today to North Platte to the spine doctor so Roy is out taking care of things by himself. The wind is blowing really hard and it is grey and cloudy. We are supposed to get rain/snow all weekend. Yesterday was almost 70 degrees and the boys were out without coats or shoes. I think the only time they came in at all yesterday was when I heard, "I'm a little hungry!" Of course, that is pretty often with 6 and 7 year old boys who are expending lots and lots of energy outside!! lol

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to bears99

Hoop It Up By Scrappin 2

One I finished up yesterday. Photos are poor, but I had to work with what I had.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2

Jo- oh what an awful day to have trouble delivering 3 calves!!
70 degree temp??? We haven't seen that. It is 50 and sunny so I won't complain. I see a 68 for next Thursday according to the weather app.
You probably read that I haven't walked because I sleep in too late to go with Lynn.

Sorry for those getting rain and snow.

Jojo Noons
Governor
Jojo Noons
In response to Sewflake

Oh Sharon! Sending hugs and prayers for Penny. Did they already send her home? Your son must be a nervous wreck. I don't understand why they don't monitor her and set up surgery asap. I'm so sorry she,.... as well as you all have this to deal with. Id be asking the doctor a lot of questions!

I called in for an appointment. Got a recording if this is an emergency, call blah, blah, blah. Then it continued the office was closed due to weather causing their internet down and bad road conditions. I'll be taking antihistamines all weekend and call first thing Monday morning. There's no vertigo...had it only 3 days. There's no pain, just pressure... BUT if that should change I'll call right away and/or go to the hospital in Lancaster.

At 4:30 p.m. we are up to 8", 2-5 expected overnight into tomorrow morning. I had the scanner on after the electric flickered 3 times in about an hour's time. The whole state has accidents everywhere TT units jackknifed all over the highways and back roads. The roads are treacherous.

Jojo Noons
Governor
Jojo Noons

Oh my Josie!! What an ordeal for those cows...and calves. Hope it doesn't get cold. You said the wind was blowing pretty good. The pics on FB with the ice chunks left in fields is hard to comprehend just how big some of them are. Much infrastructure work as I saw with the railroad tracks. There will be construction if some sort right through the whole summer.

To answer the question for you and Tish... have I talked to Bill or what did I say to him... I haven't said anything. He saw my maddening jumping up and down, fligging my arms every which way and since has gotten the stink eye of DO NOT... DO NOT SAY ONE WORD.
I need to process this and keep my mouth shut. I won't be able to talk about it until I can approach that initial conversation with a solution. A clear understanding of what happens moving forward. I need to calm down and be able to articulate my disgust in a firm but civil manner. I'm having trouble with what I would say... That's not what I'm afraid of... Well I am, but I can control what comes out of my mouth...somewhat. The thing is... It's all going to depend on what he has to say... That will fuel my rebuttal...oh and I just can't do that now... Things wouldn't be good. He asked if I wanted to go out to eat tonight... In a message... I texted back...NOPE! The trick of trying this conversation in public? Oh no,no,no mister... The come-to-Jesus Meeting will be held in our own home. When I'm good and ready.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

Sitting here waiting to go home. Blood pressure is way too high, left arm has a hematoma and is bleeding. Gave him some pain medicine and waiting to see if bleeding stops and blood pressure goes down.

ChansGram
Angel
ChansGram
In response to cdjohnson

Cheryl, one thing after another for your DH.
I sure hope they can get things under control for him.
I’m sure you are at your wits end.
Sorry you’re having to endure so much.

ChansGram
Angel
ChansGram
In response to ChansGram

JoJo, I would have never been able to hold it together this long!
I would have come unglued at the seams.
Good on you lady for holding your tongue till you know you are ready for a civil discussion!!

ChansGram
Angel
ChansGram
In response to ChansGram

I worked in DHs bathroom a bit.
Still need to do a bit of grout but ran out- now I’ll have to buy a new container of it for a tiny bit- I hate doing that but what’s my options?!!
Also put up a row of trim on each end covering things I didn’t like the look of ( the edges ) I actually liked the way this turned out
( didn’t think I would) - while in there I got to cleaning and got madder by the minute.
When and why did I become the designated MAID??
I know I don’t work and cleaning the house is my “job” but I shouldn’t have to clean what others use.
He’s in the dang shower every flipping day.
Use the supplies I have so conveniently supplied.
Nope- just let the grime build build up and look gross.
I tell ya.......men- ugh.

Absolutely cannot wait for him to go on vacation.
Mid April can’t come fast enough.
I booked 7 days- what was I thinking?
Should have pushed for 10.

I know I sound horrible.
But he’s been home way, way, way too much lately.

Jojo Noons
Governor
Jojo Noons
In response to ChansGram

Cheryl, my heart goes out to the two of you. I wish Karyol would get a break and have things go his way. Hope you two can get home soon and get some rest. Sending prayers.

Bill has spent the whole day up in his garage. It's best he keeps his distance. Once I'm provoked, I tend to start with my opinion. Then it's usually quickly emotionally fueled and well my filter... (which usually doesn't work when my emotions and blood boil) causes chaos. All bets are off and I'm in a tirade. Especially with something like this, I now have to live with it. I now have to look at it. I now have to know the other two trees are STILL to come down back there, which will widen the gap further. Wouldn't he sh!t if I went out and hired someone to put an in ground pool in! Oh and I wouldn't tell him. I'd just have it done. THAT'S HOW MAD I AM.

Of course we all know the burden of cleaning the da m n thing would fall on me. So it's unlikely I'd do it.

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 03-22-19 03:43 PM
In response to Sewflake

How nice that D ick's Navy buddies got in touch with him. My son , Tony, still keeps in touch with some of his Marine buddies. He is younger than your husband but has been out of the service since 1987 if I remember right.

I hope the doctors can fix your dil's aneurysms without to much trouble. Anything like that always scares me. Prayers for her.

You have a lot on your plate Sharon. Thinking of you.

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 03-22-19 03:48 PM
In response to ChansGram

Trish, I sure know the feeling. Allen is good to me and I am sure your husband is good to you, but it is hard having men around seven days a week! Probably he feels the same way about being around me!

That goes with retirement I guess. I guess we didn't plan for retirement right. Many of my friends go traveling once they retire but we never seem to have the funds. Always something comes up to take the money. A couple of weeks ago it was furnace cleaning and a part. I think the guy charged $125.00 an hour! Makes me ill.

Where in Florida are you going on vacation? If you have already said, I am sorry to ask again!

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 03-22-19 03:51 PM

Jojo, I know the tree situation is not the least bit funny but the way you put things made me chuckle.

Can you plant something there in that space or put a nice arbor, trellis or something? I really feel bad about the situation and would not want to be Bill.

You got a lot of snow. Luckily we didn't....yet. Of course it is possible that it could move in tonight. I hope not. I am so sick of winter.

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 03-22-19 03:54 PM
In response to ChansGram

Trish, I meant to say I am glad you are going to see an allergist. At least this might rule out an allergic reaction to something or confirm one way or the other!

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 03-22-19 04:00 PM
In response to Tishd

Jo, glad the card made it. Sounds like a busy day yesterday delivering calves!

I don't know about any of the rest of you but I watched April the giraffe deliver her baby Saturday. I love giraffe's and followed her last delivery with Taj. I tune in to them on Youtube off and on just to see the new baby. He is so feisty and cute.

It is always such a miracle to me to see them plop, mommy clean them off and then their first attempts at standing. This little guy was up and going in no time. So darn cute.

Thinking of you Cheryl and hope things settle down for you and Karyol soon. I know it is hard on both of you.

Betsey, I think I saw where you had a day with Lilly. Hope all went well!

Di, are you getting lots done at the crop!

Cathe, I LOVE your basketball layout!

Hello to you Char and Donna and anyone else I missed today!

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi

See if I can get a post out. Of course I’m having fun.

Sharon, if I was Peggy I’d be panicky waiting for surgery. Good luck to her

Cheryl, praying for Karyol. How frustrating and irritating that that is happening.

Josie, I printed out the long post you did, probably Thursday, for Dale to read. He’s fascinated.

TRish, I get tired of my hubby being home all the time also. I’m thinking you’ve been to an allergist??

K bye

ChansGram
Angel
ChansGram
In response to Tishd

• Tishd Said:
Trish, I meant to say I am glad you are going to see an allergist. At least this might rule out an allergic reaction to something or confirm one way or the other!

Tish, I’m guessing you’ve missed the post where I said I had already been to an allergist for 9 months.
That’s what was so funny about the dermatologists recommendation.

ChansGram
Angel
ChansGram
In response to ChansGram

Di, I’m happy you are having fun!
I wonder how the retired ladies handle their husbands home all the time. I’m guessing some don’t mind.
But I’ve never been one that needed him by my side all the time.
His retirement really worries me .
And yes, I’ve been to an allergist, my regular doctor, a dermatologist and also an endocrinologist.
I am not looking for answers at all - just meds to keep me sane.

I don’t think I will be going to my allergist again.
He has nothing to offer that my reg doc can’t give me.
I have been reading a lot and I’m thinking I may try the endo doc again and see if they can do further testing on my thyroid and see if there isn’t other issues.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to ChansGram

Good morning!!

Cheryl- I hope you and Karyol both have a good day.

Sharon-Thinking of you, Peggy and Brian.
I hope you get to go out for a bit today.

Trish- I think you're plan to see the endo Doc might be your best bet
I get upset that I'm the only one who cleans and cooks.
Is DH going on vacation in April? Where is he going?

It's funny that Rum's being home doesn't bother me. I think it's because on weekdays he's on his computer all day. He does go to walk at the hospital 2 times a week. That will stop tho because the hospital administration is changing how you sign up and pay. Rum said people are really mad. Some were flippin' off the nurses and it's not their fault. They are all upset too.
Come Spring and Summer he'll be off golfing a lot.
Of course I'm not home everyday so perhaps that helps.

Jojo- I chuckled that you considered putting in a pool and not telling Bill. But you're right, it's one more thing for you to take care of.
Glad the vertigo is gone. Now to get the rest of the crud gone! Hope you are better today.

Tish- I haven't seen the baby giraffe being born. I know you've mentioned it before. Is it on You tube?
When I was about 12 I saw my cat have kittens. It was sure an eye opener. LOL

Di- Sure glad you are having fun.

Jo- Happy to hear my card arrived and the cows didn't hijack it.

Nev and I are going to brunch at 10:30. Then we are going to Van's Science Olympiad thing at the Community College. Last year was the first time his school was in it.They didn't know what to expect and are better prepared this year. I don't know if he has the same woman Science teacher or not. Her DD and Van were partners last year. There are hundreds of kids doing this thing.
Nev is leaving Sunday - Friday to go with her friend and her family to TN. Her BFF is from RKFD. They were in high school together.( I know I've told you that I taught the friend's mom) I bet Doug and Charity are sad she'd not staying home.

Betsey and Jo- You'll like this. The high school Nev attended has an annual tradition. On the first day of Spring all the kids who live on farms bring their tractors to school. They are all lined up on display. Doug sent me a picture.

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to ChansGram

• ChansGram Said:
Di, I’m happy you are having fun!
I wonder how the retired ladies handle their husbands home all the time. I’m guessing some don’t mind.
But I’ve never been one that needed him by my side all the time.
His retirement really worries me .
And yes, I’ve been to an allergist, my regular doctor, a dermatologist and also an endocrinologist.
I am not looking for answers at all - just meds to keep me sane.

I don’t think I will be going to my allergist again.
He has nothing to offer that my reg doc can’t give me.
I have been reading a lot and I’m thinking I may try the endo doc again and see if they can do further testing on my thyroid and see if there isn’t other issues

That sounds like a great plan to me. I kind of feel the same way about my car as I do my bodyl When someone tells me that they can't figure out why my check engine light keeps coming on, but they have checked everything and just keep driving it anyway...it makes me wonder. I kind of feel that way about why I am taking Dilantin and have for almost 20 years. They could never give me a sound diagnosis...all the tests came back inconclusive but the brain/sleep guiy said he was putting me on seizure meds anyway. I never felt right about that. Then a bout six weeks later I was in the hospital ER hooked to an EKG after a fall that cut the back of my head, and my heart stopped for 12 seconds. The heart guy just happened to be there and he told me what was causing the blackouts.....was that, and they took me to surgery and installed the pacemaker. YET.....they tell me to continue with the dilantin too. So the truth is they really don't know which thing or what causes the blackouts but since the pace maker, and the taking of dilantin I have not had any. So which thing don't I need???? OR what the hell was going on....and do I still have it. ??? No one is able to answer those questions for me. They really tell me that the tests are inconclusive but that I should just keep doing what I am doing. I guess so...it's worked for 18 years, but I really still don't know or understand what is wrong. LOL Kind of like my car. The Check Engine light is still on, .......I am still driving it....it seems to be fine....so what the heck????

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9

• scrappin 2 Said:
Good morning!!

Cheryl- thinking of Karyol and praying things go well.

Sharon- any news about Peggy? How is she feeling?

Jojo- I'd be mad too!! What was he thinking????
My sister's ears are still plugged since the end of February. She doesn't have the congestion and coughing tho. Were you swabbed for flu type A? You'd better get back to the doctor.

Betsey- we DO have license Window on our computers, but you don't renew a license !!!!! I accidentally update a year or two ago. I was asked on the computer to update and I said yes. Mark told me how to reverse it. Rum said even when Microsoft now longer supports Windows 7 the things I use like email will still work. Don't buy anything.

So what do I do. They have already shut down windows. I can no longer use my printer, or a zillion other things. The only reason I am still on is that I do not shut my computer off every night, I just put it to sleep. If I shut it off it will not power up again as windows is what does that. I am using Chrome and that is the only thing that is keep mye still operational according to one of my granddaughters. Do any of you have a desk top that is more than 10 years old???? apparently the windows license is only good for 10 model years. They have somehow truly shut me down. So I don't know what else to do but call them . But it will requre me to do something I am pretty sure. If they don't support 7 then that's why I am shut down and my computer wont support 10 so now what???? I truly HATE ciomputers and the entire idea of it. Kind of like how I feel about TV. The fact that we have to PAY $$ to have TV just really rankles me. I lived most of my life with free radio and TV and now they both cost money....and even then if you don't buy the biggest package you don't get all of the channels available.

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to Sewflake

• Sewflake Said:
I do not have windows on my computers but I do purchase Microsoft word to download.
It is so frustrating that computers become obsolete around 10 years or so.
Companies continually update their software to the point that the older drives will no longer function with the new stuff.
The companies are not going to waste their time and money on supporting all of the older operating systems so we have to keep spending money to keep up!!

I have come to the conclusion that ANYTHING with electronic components are not going to last more than a decade or two at the very most, but when is the last time you have bought any appliance that lasted 20 years or more???
You have to have an handyman in the house to keep those things running for decades!!!
Very little is built to last anymore!

I have lots more but will write in Word then post here.....I keep losing what I write when I push the wrong button!

Wellllll I certainly agree with everything you said........I guess I will just use this the way it is until it collapses...entirely. I can't even imagine the trying to learn windows 10 or whatever the newest windows is at this point. I know nothing about computers....I know how to do the stuff I need to do and that's it. And that I learned by self teaching. Bad idea...wish I had taken a class years ago and then I might mot be in this mess.

So if they will even renew this license it will be to windows 10 I assume. This computer can't support that I am pretty sure. So basically you are telling me what I think is almost right. I am done on this desktop. ********!!!!

At least I am glad I understand what's happening....... just have no idea how to fix it. And I have so much stuff on this one that I want...I bank by computer, I do everything by computer....********!!!!!OMG it's always something.

Remember a few pages back when i said, I finally have things under control money wise. I have paid my yearly taxes and things, and the bills are all current and I have food, etc...???? WEllllllll I should NEVER have said that. Now my check engine light is on and my computer is bascially shut down for good. LOL But I did enjoy the few days of thinking all was well.

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to Tishd

• Tishd Said:
Jo, glad the card made it. Sounds like a busy day yesterday delivering calves!

I don't know about any of the rest of you but I watched April the giraffe deliver her baby Saturday. I love giraffe's and followed her last delivery with Taj. I tune in to them on Youtube off and on just to see the new baby. He is so feisty and cute.

It is always such a miracle to me to see them plop, mommy clean them off and then their first attempts at standing. This little guy was up and going in no time. So darn cute.

Thinking of you Cheryl and hope things settle down for you and Karyol soon. I know it is hard on both of you.

Betsey, I think I saw where you had a day with Lilly. Hope all went well!

Di, are you getting lots done at the crop!

Cathe, I LOVE your basketball layout!

Hello to you Char and Donna and anyone else I missed today! (quote)

Tish....at Karen's weekend job, Mc Micky's Farm, they have had a new calf, new goat, new bunnies, chickens, and various other babies born in the past two weeks. She posted a photo inviting people to the Farm as it's a petting farm and the babies are all out and about to be seen. She really loves this job. I think she likes it better than the crossing guard job.....but it IS on weekends...and that she doesn't like. LOL She says the babies are all just soo darn cute......!!!

Edited by memex9 on 03-23-19 07:08 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to bonprof

• bonprof Said:
Checking in.
Doing a bit better.

xoxoxo

nOT SURE i understand why she is unable to get the treatment she needs. Are they saying it's not work related???? Hmmmmm I am assuming you have your own workers comp lawyer.......so I hope this gets fixed sooner rather than later. What good is workmans comp if they don't pay for work related treatment. I know it's harder and harder to get....makes me kind of ill.

But...happy that you two are finally getting married.......and happy to know that she will then be able to be on your health care plan. How long (if any) is the waiting period for pre existing conditions??? Hopefully there is none.....Sigh. But you will cross that bridge when you get to it I am sure. Happy for both of you.....many hugs my friend!!!!

Page 603 of 603 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics