Page 614 of 614 
Username Post: Rockin Scrappin Grans - Part 3        (Topic#1652827)
cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to bonprof

Donna - It is a rare Sunday that I stayed home because I was waiting to here about my grandfather. I also do not have to babysit tonight at the other grandmother wanted them for an Easter get together this evening. So I have been able to scrap most of the afternoon. I have thoroughly enjoyed myself!!!

Tish - The photo of Lauren with the separate children. Those are her children which are Maddie and Brayden my two oldest. The photo with all of them include Ryan and William which are her step children and my two "middle" grandchildren.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to cdjohnson

Lil’ Darlings By Cdjohnson

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to cdjohnson

Hello, Happy Easter!
First chance I’ve had to check in. I’m on the ipad.

The day was perfect. I couldn’t have ordered mor perfect weather!

Cheryl - hope your Grandfather will be ok.

Jojo sounds like you enjoyed having everyone together. Hope everyone g95 home safely and didn’t have to detour.

Nev’s on the road as I speak.

Char I think it’s. Hard for the grown up kids to give up their childhood traditions, but to me it doesn’t seem like your family knows how sick you are. I don’t see how you did everuwith your headaches

Tish I didn’t think you were snippy. What birth order is Jack?

Edited by scrappin 2 on 04-21-19 04:51 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to scrappin 2

On the iPad excusthe typos.
We are watching the tribute to Motown, Lovw that music. Of course that was our era, Rum and my song is “My Girl”
Do any of you have or had songs with your honey’s?

Edited by scrappin 2 on 04-21-19 04:53 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

ChansGram
Angel
ChansGram

JCI.
I had quite the busy day.
I am seriously just now sitting down since my coffee/Rosita time this morning.
Lots of yard stuff and other misc things done.
I feel accomplished- lol!
I have had a good day and now I’m in bed and hurting- lol!

Cathe, I love Motown music and “My Girl” was the song played at my DSs wedding.
Not the song walking down the aisle but the song played as they finished their nuptials and walked back- what is that called - the recessional?

Yes, DH and I have a song but doubt many would even know it!

I am watching a 2 hr docu on Jim Jones.
I pretty much know all there is about it - or at least what has been published- but I still watch any show on it because I like to see some of the few that escaped.
There were not many.

Jojo Noons
Governor
Jojo Noons
In response to ChansGram

Kids got home ok. River is almost at the point of flooding the street, another 15 yards and it will!

Mom and Dad will be here till Tuesday. Wish the kids could stay longer. But I'm tired. A lot of running back and forth from cabin to cabin... And cooking!

Hannah got all my live and devotion for Easter. Other than a scrumptious meal yesterday and a large breakfast this morning. No chocolate, no jelly beans... She's not a kid anymore!

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to Jojo Noons

Ready to head to bed, it was a good day with beautiful weather and great food. Kevin and Carmel went home about 4 pm which gave me plenty of time to sit and relax with movies.
Hubby is all set for the night and I need to get to sleep as it will be time to get up with him before I know it!

One of these day I really need to get back at scrapping or maybe I will just clean my scrap room, that always seems to bring on the creative juices!!!

Tish, they are ready to lay the blocks on the footings for the foundation to be poured. Hope we have some good weather the rest of this spring!

Sounds like everyone had a good day.
Nite all.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Sewflake

Good morning!! I am going in early today since I have to leave early for tests. Have a good day!!

ChansGram
Angel
ChansGram
In response to cdjohnson

Up early.

Cheryl, good luck on your tests.
How long till they know results?

ChansGram
Angel
ChansGram
In response to ChansGram

Heard the door pinging as the guys left for work- one right after the other- thought I’d just get up.
It’s supposed to rain all day- so DHs first day back to work and he’ll be coming back home soon.
He already told me he’d be making potato soup.

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to charK

• charK Said:
Tish the term you used is familiar to me only because I lived in Pennsylvania. I had never heard it before. My friends husband used to do their driveway every year. We don’t do it in the PNW.

Interesting. You called it that in PA. I lived right next door in Maryland and never heard it called that. I only ever heard it called Black top and have a whole new insight into the fact that one has to maintain that yearly wit a new coat. I have only had concrete or dirt. People across the steet have Black top. It’s a circle drive so a lot to maintain. “Learn something everyday “ my grandmother used to say , keeps you young! I guess that’s mine for the day!!! Lol

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to memex9

Good morning to all the Grans!! I had a nice Easter. Went to Karen’s for breakfast with all the kids except Matthew. He did not have Mack so he probably was at Sean’s and out in the boat.

Watched Lilly hunt for her eggs. She had a great day. Very happy and the Lilly I have not seen lately.

I cooked dinner and it was a buffet. “Eat here or carry out” were my instructions. I made potato salad, baked beans deviled eggs, corn bread and a ham. Had store bought carrot cake and everyone enjoyed it. Nate and David brought over my new TV (birthday present). It would not fit my space so they went home and got David’s TV and took the new one for him. BIG tv. I can now read the TV guide without getting up and going to the tv to read the small print. Lol. Nate is going to come this week and fix my computer. Yay!!!

Missed Matt and Mackenzie. But life is full of disappointments. I will get used to this. I have contacted Briana on my own and will go to their house one night this week to see Mack and play with her. I am sorry my family is so estranged but I don’t have to get involved !! At My age I will do what is right for me and just make do. They are welcome to whatever makes them comfortable!!! And that’s that!! I am staying out of the middle of the latest mess. They are all wrong so I am not choosing a side! And that’s my take on the latest ongoing saga! 😄♥️😄♥️

ChansGram
Angel
ChansGram
In response to memex9

Betsey, sounds like you had a nice day!
You are right to do whatever works for you.
I must of missed what happened?

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to ChansGram

• ChansGram Said:
Betsey, sounds like you had a nice day!
You are right to do whatever works for you.
I must of missed what happened?

Maybe you didn't miss it....I might not have posted the last family debacle. It's pretty much that of Jerrry springer variety...suffice to say that karen is no longer able to get mackenzie and she and Matt are totally estranged which means that Amanda is dead in the middle and has chosen her brothers side......but I was not there...only heard Karens side and I am smart enough to know that there is another side...especially if Amanda is on it. SOOOOO I have taken matters into my own hands.....will not choose a side....will see mackenzie when Matt has her and when she is with her Mom.........!!!! I am 80!!! Don't have time to wait out these feuds.........so I will see her when i wish...will stay in touch with all of them and no one will have to choose which of them will see ME! as a result!!!!!

The who thing makes me wonder if maybe I was too quick to judge Briana not on all of her shennanigans but the fact that she was afraid of him...might have been a real thing. Who knows!!!???? I just know that I love them all...and will no longer participate in these on going family uprisings. Tired of all of it!!! We are all flawed people.........therefore one needs to make the best of it....forgive when necessary, apologize when necessary and that is my take on all of it. I have not lived 80 years for NOTHING. I have learned a few things the hard way and that's one of them!!!!!

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to ChansGram

Good morning!!!

Cheryl- I'll be praying for good results for your mammogram.
Is your Grandfather better?

Char- did you enjoy your Easter at all or was it a pain to cook for all those people?

Jo- hope you are feeling better.

Jojo- It's nice you enjoyed your family. It would be tiring running between cabins to see to everyone. (no drama with Maggie?)

Donna- you're back to work today, hope your weekend lifted your spirits.

Trish- oh potato soup Yay! You don't have to cook.

Betsey- Glad the family finally has stepped up and taken care of the TV situation. Now if Nate gets over there to fix the computer everything will be Rosy. (hope it is fixable)

Di- I bet you had fun with the kiddos.

Sharon- I know you didn't have any plans at first so it was nice Kevin and Carmel came over. How exciting that the house will be started.

Tish- how was your Easter?

We had a beautiful day.
Oakley had so much fun playing with Vann Wadley. They hunted for dinosaurs in the backyard. LOL
We got exciting news. Jean and Big Rick's son - Ricky and his wife Laura are expecting a baby. I was shocked because Ricky once told me that they weren't going to have children. I'm glad they changed their minds. Please say some prayers for Ricky. He had a biopsy of a mass in his lower abdomen. They found it when they did a cat scan (or some test) for a hernia.
Later as we women sat on the patio, Annie had news. She and Garth (Vann's parents) finally had their profile chosen by a young women putting her baby up for adoption. They are meeting her (at the agency) on Thursday. They are hoping and praying she likes them.

I didn't lift a finger yesterday to clean up or do dishes. I do have things to put away so guess I'd better get dressed.
It's beautiful outside. I should go work outside.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2

Oh Betsey- I'm so sorry for this turn of family troubles.

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to memex9

Cheryl will be thinking of you and your tests!!!!! let us know what happens as i am sure you will when you can!!! hugs!!!

Jojo...Watching your weather closely as the possibility of flooding seems like a real thing. It has been touch and Go here too along the coast. I don't live close enough for it to affect me.....we would have to have waaaay more than this for it to flood me but it could flood many people as there are lots and lots of homes on the west side of US19 which is the "flood dividing line in these parts".....!!!! Living near the Gulf has it's down side. I live just close enough about two miles as the crow flies and about five using roads. LOL

I love that Trish' son had My Girl played at their wedding. Great song........and I love that choice!!!

I don't remember anyones song that they danced to except Rachaels......first wedding which was " Louis Armstrong...It's a wonderful world" !!!! I was not in the music/dance area of her wedding to Nate, was out on the deck with coffee , Carol, and beautiful weather and scenery. I left that to Lisa and Hillary!!!! I was very happy with my place on the rear deck and while I missed the Father daughter dance...it would have only brought me to tears...so just as well. LOL

Rachael and Nate have narrowed the names list down. the middle name will be David. And acting true to type....our David said...why would you choose that name??? We all laughed and he got mad. and repeated the question, I said, (should have kept quiet) "David...why would you ask that?"......his answer was...."Because I can". So Rachael said" OK Dad ask me again". He did and she said....."Because I love you"!!! I gotta hand it to Rachael....she knows how to put him down without him knowing it. LOL Everyone laughed not just me. ROFL

The choices for a first name are Carter, Joshua, I can't remember the third. LOL I voted for Josh even tho it's a very popular and over used name. Karen asked her why they chose that name..........and she said "with the last name of Hernandez I wanted something easy to say "! She makes me laugh a lot. Nate just rolled his eyes!!! ROFL

Trish.....I also watched the Jim Jones thing....even though I had seen it years ago I was still fascinated how he got 900 people to drink the kool aid.!!!! He was a derraned man and it again just proves that people can be manipulated give the right words and circumstances. Scary!!!!!!!

Cathe...I made little Easter Baskets for my grown children for a long time. Nates family gave them a tiny little Easter basket for the new baby with pink and blue ribbons and stuff........they had not been informed yet of the fact that it was a boy. they were on a crusise and just got back on Thursday so Nate and Rachael told them yesterday....after the basket. LOL It had two little Onsies in it along with just cute little things.........! They are very excited. This will be their first Grandchild.

Jo sorry to hear you are sick again or maybe its Still!!!! It is terrible to not be able to get rid of this "thing" that's going around. don't know how you get this stuff...you are out there in the wild west with no people, stores, etc. I am sorry you are sick again. You need to lay down and let someone else teach and watch those kids for a week. LOL

Donna...so happy to see you here. we miss you and your beautiful pages and other things...but know that your priority is to get better. Know that you are on the road to recovery is a good thing. Think of you often and wish i were there to give you a good AA HUG!!!! LOL

Tish.....your page is wonderful...using ink is the hard way to splatter. I have a lot of trouble with those inks myself. I do mine in the garage with a screen made out of an old box...so that everything in the room is not sprayed. LOL I was imagining everyone would use acrylic paint...or some kind of paint. that's far easier to control. You did a fine job though. Hope your day wwas good......the photos on FB look like you had a good time. I am always amazed at how you get people to pose........I just take a lot of candids and keep the good and delete the bad. LOLI did that with my camera and now with my phone. I am not the photo taker I used to be however. I got very used to having amanda and briana taking pix. they are both so good. Amanda is with a new guy.....the one I told you about for Christmas I think. He's ok.........seems to be a big beer drinker.....don't like that part. AND GOSSIP From the girls is that JAMES has asked Amanda back.......told her he made a terrible mistake and wants her back.........she is over it finally! And has told him NO. In no uncertain terms. He has lived to realize what he lost....and the best part is that karma has reared it's head and I have at least HEARD about it even though I did get to see it at work. YAY!!!!! Too bad ................soo sad!!!!!!

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake

Betsey, I think you are doing the right thing!! If you don't take sides then there will be no need for YOU to be pulled into any drama!! It sounds like most of them are no together at one time anyway so you can have the best of both!!! See them when you want where you want and just don't have a "public" opinion about the persons not in attendance! If people can't get drama from you when visiting then the it drama has no where to go!!!
Sounds like a win win for you!!
I am glad you are getting to see Mackenzie one way or another!!!

I hate to hear that Lilly is so angry (not the right word for not being understood at school) in the works of the school system.
Schools are just not set up for different personalities , everyone has to conform and some just don't!!!!
It's good to know that she can still be her "own/old self" at home.

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9

• scrappin 2 Said:
Oh Betsey- I'm so sorry for this turn of family troubles.

thanks but it is what it is!!! I have no control over any of it.....and David has finally gotten his wish.........He has for the time being at least ........gotten rid of Matt and only has the three girls to "father"!!! He has always been jealous of matt and karen's relation ship as he was/is about karen's and mine. don't understand it. don't want to even know why at this point. But sorry that he can't get his act together. Sigh.

The fact that his daughters cannot seem to sustain a long term relationship is only more for him to gloat about and still be the only Man in their lives. He is truly a different kind of guy. I cease to even try and understand him anymore......He is who he is......and has not a thought that he might need some work on his relationships. LOL I just observe and wonder how long it will be until Karen figures it out if ever!!!!

He hasn't been able to get rid of her two best girl friends but he has managed to get their husbands to say NO to any invitation that includes them......so the ladies meet on their own and it's been that way for years. 2009 was the last time the "husbands" attended anything . Her two closest friends are still hanging in there though and I just spent time with Alison on my birthday and she is a lovely lady. I have known her since they were all in their early 20's. both of them are nurses and used to work together at the same hospital. Family dynamics are interesting if nothing else. LOL

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to Sewflake

• Sewflake Said:
Betsey, I think you are doing the right thing!! If you don't take sides then there will be no need for YOU to be pulled into any drama!! It sounds like most of them are no together at one time anyway so you can have the best of both!!! See them when you want where you want and just don't have a "public" opinion about the persons not in attendance! If people can't get drama from you when visiting then the it drama has no where to go!!!
Sounds like a win win for you!!
I am glad you are getting to see Mackenzie one way or another!!!

I hate to hear that Lilly is so angry (not the right word for not being understood at school) in the works of the school system.
Schools are just not set up for different personalities , everyone has to conform and some just don't!!!!
It's good to know that she can still be her "own/old self" at home.

More on my thing about Lilly. I watched her yesterday and the old wonderful Lilly was there..full of smiles and chatty with everyone, happy and affectionate to her Mom, Dad and Gigi and even gave me a hug..as she was quite excited about her "dollar store" Easter goodies. I got her a "splat" ball, three little craft projects, three jars of glitter slime, a squeeze ball for stress in the shape a decorated like an Easter egg......and three boxes of "Peeps". She loves" Peeps" She got yellow ones, and blue ones....!!!!. She was most excited with the "splatt" ball and glitter slime..as no one else will get her that stuff. LOL I also included a container of four eggs in colors that are sidewalk chalk. She was over the moon.......! My dollar store baskets are always a big hit!!! Little do they know that it's the least expensive way to do Easter, halloween and even Christmas. LOL

Peeps for those of you who don't know what they are:

https://www.google.com/search?q=peeps+candy& amp;source=...

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to memex9

HI Grans

It's 9:15 and I am still in bed. I'm on iPad so will be back later

I will be in a dentist chair today foe 3 hours....

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 04-22-19 08:53 AM

Cathe, Jack is my daughter, Lisa’s father-in-law.

I am glad your day went well! Next year, I will invite my family here for Easter. Hopefully then, no feelings will be hurt. I am still blue over Jill.

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 04-22-19 08:56 AM
In response to Sewflake

It must be so exciting to be building a new home Sharon!

Lisa is stressing a little because the cabinets they picked out are over budget.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to Sunnydi

stoppin in 'cause I need to sit down.

Easter decorations are put away. I'm glad I don't have any more than I do.
I got Easter baskets and that dang grass put in bags. I threw out the grass I got at JA this year. It was the worst to gather up. Now I need to vacuum.
Kitchen us straightened up. Misc. things washed if needed and put away. The clean up crew did a fabulous job, but there is always things I need to take care of.

I'm making ham salad for lunch---my most favorite thing about having a ham. The bone is in a pot of water boiling for bean soup.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2

Tish- I didn't think you had a son named Jack, but with 5 boys in your family, I couldn't recall the five names. Tell me again the names in the birth order include the girls please.

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 04-22-19 09:05 AM

Cathe, my children in birth order:

Dennis,
Julie,
John,
Tony,
Jill,
Lisa
And Tim

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 04-22-19 09:12 AM

Cathe, I can remember when one of the girls I used to work with, Dorene and her husband, had to put a profile together to adopt. They included pictures of themselves, their dog an cat. They adopted Nick about 16 years ago as a new baby.

I hope your nephew and wife get a little one. Was it your nephew?

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 04-22-19 09:28 AM
In response to memex9

Betsey, you are a smart lady to try to stay out of the family drama and not choose sides.

I finally realized that I have to do the same. Well actually I have been avoiding as much as possible, family drama the past few years. Then this thing with Jill hit me and I almost said I am not going anywhere or having anyone hereEaster Sunday. I was feeling sorry for myself! Then it hit me....I am 78, I have done the best I can for my family, now I need to enjoy what time Ihave left!
So, I enjoyed Easter Sunday very much!

I am laying down and typing on my IPad and feel like falling asleep!

I had to get up early this morning and drive the car to the shop in Fairfield for its operation. Allen picked me up with the truck. Now we are down to one vehicle until the repair is done!

Not to be mosey, but did you say what caused the rift between Matt and his mom, or was it Matt and David? I am really sorry, even throw you are not taking sides, I am sure you are torn.

ChansGram
Angel
ChansGram
In response to Tishd

It’s tater soup time!!

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 04-22-19 09:42 AM
In response to ChansGram

Trish! You lucky lady! I was some potato soup! Either the soup or a husband that likes to cook!

Page 614 of 614 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics