Page 615 of 615 
Username Post: Rockin Scrappin Grans - Part 3        (Topic#1652827)
Jojo Noons
Governor
Jojo Noons
In response to scrappin 2

Morning!!

Mom and Dad got home fine yesterday. I was a bit concerned because their usual route to go over to I91 was flooded. They go home traveling south through VT. They had to go back into Whitefield then over to Littleton and picked up I91 in VT that way.

Cathe congrats on all the new additions to family. Saying a prayer for the couple wanting to adopt.

Cheryl, how is Karyol doing? I hope he is stronger and his BP is holding steady. So happy to hear your mammo is OK. I'm sure that is a great relief to you.

Josie, read about your results. Hope this one leison on the hip is an "easy fix", I say this not lightly, but for the lack of a better term.

Sharon, exciting to hear about your new home. It is quite the process to pack up years of things accumulated. Then to downsize on top of it isn't easy. Too many desicions. Best to start early as you have, the process seems longer, but makes it much easier...

Trish, it's getting closer the DH being home. You'll have to think of projects to keep him busy. Maybe he is one to do that on his own. Many guys have to "tinker" the day away. Bill is that type. My problem is he is always finding projects of "pleasure", and not completing the projects which NEED to be done. Trying to steer him into those projects is difficult.

Bill worked on the road to the campground yesterday. He'll have to do more.

Today I really need to buckle down and get some necessary housework done. The cabin has been neglected with everyone here. Hopefully I'll make some headway before the day is done.

Well guess this is my cue to get going... The cabin isn't going to clean itself!

Well we she's to all!!

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to Jojo Noons

I'm taking a break.
I washed the floors with my Hoover Floor mate.
I have some wash going.
Thought I did more. LOL

I made myself some BBq (or sloppy joes to some of you). It need to simmer.

I talked to Nancy and Carole.

Trish- You tube put you to sleep. Perhaps I should have tried that last night.
I admire you for all your outdoor work.
I probably won't clean out my two big pots until I go to plan annuals in them.

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to ChansGram

JCI it has been a zoo around here this morning!!!
I have not had a minute to my self since I got up this morning!!!
Barely got my shower in!!!

bbl

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to Sewflake

• Sewflake Said:
OK ladies, I am going to have to pick out new appliances. The range/oven is going to be the hardest to choose!!
I am looking for something that might have two ovens with one as a replacement for using a counter top toaster-oven. One oven larger with a smallish oven for cookies and pizza and such without heating both ovens!!!
I have heard that some of those double builtin oven ranges heat both at the same time??

Any thoughts or experience or heard of anyone that has had experience??
Still doing some investigative work so I know what I want when we find the best price!

I know very little about the newer appliances. I did buy a glass top stove.....since we don't have the option for gas, I chose that. Would have chosen Gas if I could have. I don't know about the oven situation but would love a small oven the size of the toaster oven so I could rid my counter top of that. I am afraid I am no longer up on new appliances. I do know, however, that the side by side refrigerator that i have I would NEVER buy again. It's very big but seems to hold very little. You would think that just with two of us...Carol and I , that it would be fine but it;'s NOT. I think I would opt for the freezer on the bottom and the two door full width top.

this one is hard to keep anything very large in the fridge side. Good luck and what fun to be picking out all of these new things at this time in life. When I moved into this house and had to remodel the kitchen etc. I got to pick everything from cabinets to sink to floor and so on. It was great. I had never had an entire new kitchen in my adult life. I am still happy with all that I picked except for the refrigerator so I guess finally I was old enough to really know what I wanted, needed and got to buy that!!! But that was waaaaay back in 2003. LOL

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to memex9

Lilly's flower seeds are really doing well. I am so surprised. I should take a picture so you can see the toilet paper rolls as seed starters. She is soooo excited. She keeps asking when she can plant them at her house. Karen has a nice timber framed raised bed in the front of her house that will be perfect for these zinnias and marigolds.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to memex9

I need to get Dori some seeds Betsey.. she'll love watching them, as Lily is. Thanks for the reminder.

Trish; Wow that has to be some wind to pick up a swing. In the old days we had several patio umbrellas get hung up on the close fence.. hubby finally grounded a new one down.

Mouth is better... whine whine....

Jojo, I was encouraged about the talk your mom did about moving.. I'm sure you are too. Let's hope it happens but will be in their time sense.

I'm heading over to stay with Daelen at 1.. Dori has an orthodontist appt. Daelen will probably be down for a nap or close to going down. I'm taking a book.

I've lost my scrapping mojo.... scary

bbl

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to Sunnydi

Well, what a day. Already 3 pm and I feel like I still have lots to do!!!
I started off early (for us) this morning with dDick all set bu 9 am with breakfast and everything!
Then the social worker called...came over...has to stay for at least 30 minutes.
That goes on twice a month and I don't even need him (anything) once a month!!
I jumped in the shower as soon as he left then took out the recycling (after getting dressed of course) and as I was walking in the door Annette called to see if I could come over to help move stuff.

She is the one who's hubby left after 43 years, actually Annette told him to leave as she did not want to live as house-mates...too much stress and worry with his drinking.
Once he left I (silly me) suggested she rearrange her house the way it suits her and her needs and it would also eliminate her having to see his bedroom as soon as she walked in the door.
We have been taking out furniture and changing two of the bedroom. She is making the middle room her office only, and the front room moving the bigger bed (from room hubby was using) into that space for a guest room.
Now when she sees that room her H was using it will look totally different - as an office!!!

Anyhoo, I got two calls while I was helping clean out the garage where some of the furniture in the house was moved to. I made an appointment for one final meeting with the architect to change as few things in the house and have new plans printed so I can be sure I get the changes I have talked with the contractor about twice. It has to be on paper ON SITE or it seems to be forgotten what I want changed!! To me it is a big deal if I don't have the cabinet space I need and it requires only 6 inches added in two directions of the L shape counter.
There are couple of other things to be done that will be TOO BAD SO SAD after the fact!

The Chaplin was the second call to come over at the noon hour, I said fine and went home from Annette's and waited and waited and he called again and hour later to see if he could come by...I explained he had already called. Long story shorter, we decided on another day as I had been delaying lunch until after he left and it as already 1 pm by then.

I did manage to get a layout finished today...that waiting

Di- I was afraid I had lost my mojo for a long spell but now that I have been working with some of the new products I got I am on a roll.
Also packed a couple more boxes from my scrap room. Small one well marked in case I need the vinyl out to use before Christmas!!!

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to Sewflake

Trish - love that you like working outside. One of those areas that I have absolutely no interest in!!!
It could be that I find it just too darn hot for that and dh did all the landscaping years ago and I don't do upkeep!!! Like weeding!
I can see where it would be beneficial to anchor that swing down before the winds start!!

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to Sewflake

Here is a page from my visit to NJ in 2000 when Brooke was born.

Some Bunny Loves You By Sewflake

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to Sewflake

Sharon- You sure have had a busy day. It was so nice of you to help Annette. Yes, "silly you" for offering. I bet she is really happy that she doesn't have to see his room.
So are you to be in the new house by Christmas?

Di- if Daelen saw you--- did he have a hard time going down for his nap?

Betsey- You're such a good Meme encouraging Lilly to garden.

My lack of sleep is starting to hit me.
I'd better not nap or I might have a repeat.

I have a LO going. I used my Stampin Up flower stamps----that I've had a long time and never have used----to make a flower field. I can hardly wait to show you gals.

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to scrappin 2

Looking forward to your field of flowers Cathe!!!!

I don't feel bad about offering to help her (Annette) move things, after all she is the one that will come and sit with dDick anytime I need to run out.

I certainly hope we are in the house before Christmas.
I plan on October but will probably end up being between Thanksgiving and Christmas!!

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 04-24-19 02:47 PM
In response to Sewflake

I have some new scrappy papers and pictures that have motivated me to scrap.

I will be so glad when the weather cooperates so I can work outside. It has been rainy!

Trish, when Your husband retires, you will each find your own space and rhythm! If the weather ever breaks here, Allen will be in the shop most of the time and that is good. At least you have your scrappy space you can go to!

How are your hives? I hate to even mention hives for fear it will make you break out!

JoJo I am trying to figure out the route your parents took home. What part of MA do they live?

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Tishd

Good evening!!!

Jojo - Karyol has good days and bad days.

Cathe - Sorry you didn’t sleep.

Trish - I have been working outside the last coup,e of afternoons when I get home. I already found 2 ticks on me. Ughh

charK
charK 
Governor
charK
  • charK on 04-24-19 06:10 PM
In response to cdjohnson

Hello

Exhausted after Easter. It all went great. Takes me forever to recover. This ******** headache is still not going away. I’m taking different medication during the day to try and help. I don’t like taking the imitrex because it makes me feel weird.

I got up last night to take lulu out and almost passed out from the pain. Almost woke Peter to take me to the ER. I’m scaring myself thinking about it.

The light of any kind is really bothering me. I’m on my phone now.

ChansGram
Angel
ChansGram
In response to charK

Char, that is awful.
I hate to say this but has your doc thought about a scan to see if there is something causing these horrible headaches?
Be kind to yourself.

Jojo Noons
Governor
Jojo Noons
In response to charK

Char, I'm still recovering from having everyone here. Mom and Dad went home yesterday. I got nothing done and only minor stuff done today.

Another raw and rainy day here... on and off showers. Wish the sun would shine!

Betsey, wonderful you have embedded the seeds on the toilet paper/ or paper towels for Lily! What fun she must be having watching them come to life. If my DGSs were here...that's something Id love to do with them! Soon I need to start in my garden! I cant wait...

ChansGram
Angel
ChansGram
In response to ChansGram

JoJo, glad your parents made it home safely.
Sounds like you had a good but busy Easter visit with everyone.

Cathe, if I don’t do the yard work no one will.
So if I want things to look nice I have to do it.
DH always did the mowing at the old house- here we pay Clint to do it. He only charges me $10 because our yard is small and easy.
I don’t have things in the yard that is in his way so he probably spends 5 minutes cutting my lawn.
Now Mel’s yard is a whole different story!
It’s a lot bigger and she has stuff all over for him to move or cut around.

Now I wish I’d just be happy with how I have things and not make any more work for myself!
I got this grand idea that I wanted an Adirondack chair to set out in my rock by the tree.
Well I went to ARC (thrift store ) yesterday and found a plastic rocking chair - for $12 !,
I couldn’t pass it up, had to have it ( getting it home is a whole other story-lol) well obviously it’s not going to rock well on rocks.
So there I go today - off to Home Depot to buy bricks .
So I decided I didn’t like it by the tree so put it by the deck, by my swing area. So all the rocks had to be moved, leveled out the dirt as good as I could, laid the bricks, Which is never a one shot thing- takes a few tries before it sits level, then pushed back all the rocks around the bricks, hosed everything off- looks good!!
Also, did my swing, more rock moving, dug small holes, poured cement in the holes, let that sit a bit, set the swing in and poured more cement, pushed the rock back around the legs to cover the holes. Didn’t hose that area down yet because I’m waiting for the cement to cure.
I am exhausted.
I swear tomorrow I am doing NOTHING !!!

Tish, I haven’t mentioned anything about the hives because I am almost afaird to....but I haven’t seen a single hive in about 2 weeks. And even stranger is that I stopped taking my nighttime dose of meds - which included the prescription Dapsone.
I am still on 10mg of prednisone in the morning tho.
I am tempted to stop taking it and see if I have a show of hives.
It’s just so strange to wake up and not feel or see any at all.
Makes me feel like they are gone.
BUT this has happened before when I was on 2.5 prednisone daily and never saw a hive then all of a sudden...wham, there they were.
Blah!!

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to ChansGram

Trish - sounds like a very productive day even it is does not sound "fun" to me but then if I worked in low humidity it might be a different story!
Makes me think of my morning vacuuming my neighbors garage carpet after we moved boxes of 18 inch tile and other debris from the door leading into the house.

I had to chuckle when reading about you realizing that a rocking chair does not rock well on rocks!!!
I bet your yard is the pride of the neighborhood!

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to Sewflake

I have dh all settled for the night and I am ready to head off to bed myself.
nite all

bears99
Diva
bears99
In response to Sewflake

Hi Grans.....

have been trolling/spying on you all even though I haven't been posting. I'm all caught up with you all and talk to you daily in my head! LOL If only I had a voice recorder that would translate all of that to typing and I would be in good shape!

I have been so sick. I still have a horrible cough and part of the time my ears are plugged (how are your's Jojo?) I am finally getting better but now Roy, Kari, Gracelyn, Griffyn, and Greyden have caught it. Everyone but Nathan!! We are a miserable bunch around here!!

We had to pay the first half of our property taxes here before the end of April. As you probably know, Nebraska is one of the worst states for taxes. We own over $16,000 in property taxes this year. It's killling us. We ended up losing 33 calves, 1 yearling, and 4 cows because of the storms this past month. It has been awful.

It has been nice seeing you once in a while, Donna. Praying the end of the year goes well for you.

Betsey...love the gardening tales about Lilly. Give her an extra hug from this gran who has taught children like her and it makes me just want to gather her in and tell her teacher to modify what she is doing in the classroom and adjust to LILLY! Unfortunately in our education system in the public schools....if the shoe doesn't fit, we tend to cut the child's foot off instead of changing the shoe. Hugs to Lilly!!

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to bears99

Hi Josie, enough sickness already.. you and your poor family. Sorry for the loss of calves (income)..

Char; oh I remember that problem with light when I had migraines. Are you off the botex shots?

Cathe, Daelen had just gone down for nap so he didn't see me. I read the whole 2 hours there. Dorina had her impressions today and next week will get braces on. She was going to get clear with gold wire, I think.

ni ni all

Page 615 of 615 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics