Page 626 of 626 
Username Post: Rockin Scrappin Grans - Part 3        (Topic#1652827)
memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to Sewflake

No. I will never go there again. I am at the big hospital that is about 15- 20 min from home. Much better. But I guess I have to get through another. Night.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to memex9

Betsey- What are they doing to relieve your pain?

I haven't accomplished much.
I started to scrap and didn't get far.

I came to the computer to look for summer/Devil's lake photos. I realized there are none of Devil's Lake from last year on the computer . So I got out the phone and emailed me 16. Then had to go throught the process of getting them into Picasa. It sure was easier when photos were on a camera. I need a 4x6 or either Oakley or Van and a 5x7 of a summery scene for the two summery looking frames I bought. I have so many frames, I had no business buying new ones. LOL
I got caught up looking at photos and here I sit.
I can hardly believe it is almost 4 p.m.
Of course I was gone most of the morning.

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to Sewflake

Thinking of you Betsey.

The kids love their scrapbooks.
Fun day.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to bonprof

Donna- Glad to hear you had a fun day and the kids loved their scrapbooks. I knew they would.
How many Seniors do you have?

bears99
Diva
bears99
In response to scrappin 2

Betsey.....praying for you! I had to have my gall bladder out just after I had my stem cell transplant. I recovered quickly and hope you do as well.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to bears99

Betsey - Prayers!!

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to cdjohnson

Cathe,
I have 4 seniors.
They are very sweet.
I will be with them at graduation rehearsal and graduation.
They are graduating with a certificate of completion, not a diploma.

ChansGram
Angel
ChansGram
In response to bonprof

I just went to close up the curtains in my room and just as I got over to them a big ole “thing” went running by!
Scared the daylights outta me!
I am assuming ( and hoping ) it was a deer.

Donna, congrats to your students!
For sure an exciting time.

Sharon, congrats to your DGD as well!

Di, how are the baby’s ears?
It’s so hard to see little ones sick.

Cathe, good news on the 20/20 !
Seeing is such a wonderful thing!

JoJo, I hold reservation with your new hire.
Hope she doesn’t cause you more trouble than she’s worth.

ChansGram
Angel
ChansGram
In response to Sewflake

Betsey, any news ?
Hope you’re able to handle the pain- do you have anything you can take for the time being?

Donna, I’ve always heard- when loaning money, do it with the intent of not getting it back ( which I don’t agree with ).
I hope Kerry’s friend (?) is able to get the money back to her or at least make payments or something.

Char, sorry about the sick dog and the crabby husband.
At least your DH will clean it- mine wouldn’t even entertain the thought.

ChansGram
Angel
ChansGram
In response to ChansGram

Well I caved and took prednisone this evening.
Darn it.
Strangely, I don’t see any hives- BUT- I am always feeling itchy and my gosh my head has been driving me nuts for a week.
Itching like crazy.
First I thought maybe from the days I spent outside doing the back fence that maybe it got sunburned? Then I thought maybe I have dandruff- have never had it but that doesn’t mean I can’t have it now, right?
Well, no to both of those scenarios.
But even weirder is that I have these huge lumps on my head - like I had when I had the hives.
So I just don’t know what to think !!
So prednisone to the rescue and I already feel better.
Don’t know what I’ll do when my prescription runs out because I know she won’t give me anymore.
Ugh.

DS found an apartment and has started the application process.
What a joke tho.
He either makes too much money or not enough!!
So he may not even qualify when it’s all said and done.
E-gads, when did everything become so complicated?
And I’ve already had tears in my eyes at the thought of him and Jae not being here- isn’t that nuts.
But at the same time I have redecorated my 2 rooms many times in my head! Lol.

charK
charK 
Governor
charK
  • charK on 05-21-19 08:56 PM
In response to ChansGram

How does one make too much money to rent an apartment?

Had my Botox and I have a headache. So crazy.

No appointments tomorrow. I’m thrilled to stay home.

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 05-22-19 04:05 AM
In response to charK

Good morning....am I the first one in this morning? I am wondering if I should spend some money today? I want new kitchen curtains, and I have some gift cards to spend. Decisions,decisions.

Betsey are you having surgery?.?.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to Tishd

good morning!!

Betsey- thinking of you and hoping you are getting good care.

Trish- so sorry to hear you are feeling itchy again--with lumps on your head!
I couldn't believe what Laura and Seth had to do to rent a house. They had to pay $100 for all the background checks.
I hope your son (why can't I remember his name??? Scott?) finds something nice. I can understand your emotions. They break up your day, give you something to do, and you're afraid you'll hardly ever get to see them when they move out.

Tish- If you try and find curtains good luck!
I thought if I changed the valances in the eating area in the kitchen it would give it a new look. But the ones I have are so nice. I'll leave well enough alone. They are Waverly brand I got at Penney's. I'd like to take down the vertical blinds. We don't need them on the sliders. We only shut them in really cold weather. Those doors go out to the 4 season porch. The other window----we do like to close those blinds at night.

Char- enjoy your day home.
I think I can stay home all day too.
Is Charley any better?
Hope your headache is gone.

Cheryl- I didn't realize dialysis was so hard on a person. I feel so badly for Karyol.

Di- Is Daelen improving?

bonprof
Queen
bonprof

Morning,

1 more day!! Today is Senior breakfast and rehearsal.

Thinking of you Betsey. Hope we hear from you soon!

Trish, I am so sorry you are itching.
I sure hope you can get relief.

Di, how is Daelen doing?

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to bonprof

The end of the school year is so close with exciting times and bittersweet as all but one of my grand kids will be done with high school. Then comes the time when you see them less and less.

We missed Grayson's last middle school concert last night... dDick can only do one outing a day (me too) and with 3 outings in one weeks time is going to be about all we can handle. Mattie's graduation is tomorrow night so there is going to be another late night. Usually he is in bed by 8 or 9 PM. Then on the other hand getting out and about is healthier for him.
Wouln't you know this is the week my neighbor that sits with him is out of town!!!

Donna - 1 more day! Happy and sad times for you too as I know how much you love being with the kids when you feel well!

Betsey - What are the plans going forward? Hope they get you out of pain.

Trish - There never seems to be any long term result for you and those itchy bumps!! At least not one that is not harmful!! Makes you want to pull your hair out at the very least!

Tish - Sometimes making the smaller changes in your house can have a big impact! Go for the new curtains!! Then maybe some new decor for the walls?? HL has great prices on that kind of stuff.

I tend to put things on the walls then can "see" them for years and years without really seeing it anymore!!

Another thing you could do is get some of those 12x12 frames to hang some of your layouts on the walls. I love changing up decor from one room to another, it makes it look "new" again!! Plus does not cost anything!!!

Cheryl - That really sucks that while one type of treatment helps for certain things it makes other things worse!!!

Char - glad you can stay home today!!

Cathe - what are your plans for the day?

I have my journaling done for my next layout now I just need to get started on it!!!

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to Sewflake

Jo- how is the branding going? I see the weather has not cooperated at all for you or Jojo! The two people that depend on the weather for their livelihood and it really sucks so far this year!

Jojo- hope you can get out soon to start getting your greenhouse in shape!

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to Sewflake

Di - how are the kiddos today...I know Dorina has been doing well health-wise. What grade will she be in next year, just hearing about her being on the school/student counsel sounds so grownup!! Daelen feeling any better yet?

ChansGram
Angel
ChansGram
In response to Sewflake

Good morning.
This weather is killing me.
DH is home- again, yet, still.

Char, the apartment DS is looking at is one of those that is based on income- but you still have to make 2 1/2 times the rent in income.
It’s all pretty confusing.

ChansGram
Angel
ChansGram
In response to ChansGram

Sharon, too bad you had to miss your DGSs concert.
I’m sure he understands.
Congrats to Mattie- she must be excited!!

You are so good about scrapping , even with all you have going on. I wish I still wanted to scrap, but I rarely do.

As I am thinking about redoing my rooms I have even thought of removing all my scrap stuff. Having a little set up in the shed that would still make it easy to bring things in if I ever got the urge to make something.
But I am hoping that when DS moves and I can get my areas back that I will want to scrap again. Just don’t know??

I have really liked my bed in that back room with the slider and the big deck - I kind of don’t want to go back into my regular bedroom- have thought about switching the 2 rooms.

So many thoughts going through my poor little head.
Maybe that’s why I have all those lumps on my head

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to ChansGram

Trish; putting a slider door in our bedroom is the best change we've made in our home. I love it. I like your thought of changing your room set up/purposes.

Dorina is to be in 4th grade next year. Every classroom from 3 through 5 had an election for a representative on Student council. Dori ran, won and she's finding it interesting. I have no idea what they do.

no word on Daelen this a.m. He's not only got these infections but he's cutting his two lower eye teeth and they're hurting bad.. poor little boy. I'll head over there today so Danielle can work but only if she tells me to come... it's my usual day.

Betsey; praying for you.

Donna, fun day for the seniors...

Char, I cringed when you said you had a headache and had had the Botox shot. darn, it should help.

Sharon, congrats to Maddie and I can see the dilemma you deal with about getting to everything in one week. Is Maddie your youngest grandchild?

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to ChansGram

• ChansGram Said:
Good morning.
This weather is killing me.
DH is home- again, yet, still..

When we had breakfast with cancer brother and his wife last week the guys went off to the salad bar and my sis in-law grabbed my hands and said "help me...I'm going nuts with adjusting to two things: his cancer and his being home all the time." She said she feels selfish and I told her no, that what she's feeling is normal, I think. She asked how long it took for me to adjust to my hubby being home all day and I told her I'm still working on it....

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to ChansGram

There are no rules that say what room you use for a bedroom and what room you use for something else!!
The thing being, which would be the easier way of rearranging your rooms if you keep your scrap room in the house then still don't scrap and decide to move it to the shed?
Or you can make a small scrap area in the room ds is vacating with room for a bed for the girls when they come over. Then if you still don't want to scrap you can move it all to the shed. Having the big door with deck right out your bedroom sounds lovely.
What will your ds think if you make "his room" into another bedroom?? Like, "why did I have to move if it's going to be an "unused" bedroom for the most part?"

Just thoughts that went thru my head!!
Keeps me from thinking about Peggy and Brian.....not sure how much progress she is making after 1 week. Maybe I am expecting too much too fast.

charK
charK 
Governor
charK
  • charK on 05-22-19 08:27 AM
In response to ChansGram

I messaged Betsey’s daughter. She said she’s having surgery today and they are waiting for a time.

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to charK

WOW, Betsey gallbladder must be in bad shape. I know noting about this type of surgery. Hope it all goes well for her!

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to Sewflake

Di - I find that having another outlet really helps with being home with dh all the time, plus having a rooms far enough apart for our activities helps too. I don't hear him (or didn't until now) nor did I have to listen to the TV when he was watching.
Now is a different story but then if we were staying here I could always move my scrap room to another room with the baby monitor to keep and eye on him.

Mattie is not the youngest, Grayson is by 5 years so we have 4 more years to watch Gray in whatever activity he will be in. He is interested in swimming and wrestling although I am not a wrestling fan!!

charK
charK 
Governor
charK
  • charK on 05-22-19 08:49 AM
In response to charK

Betsey is going to surgery now. Karen will let me know what’s happening.

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to Sewflake

Trish - I have my grand kids that keep me scrapping. Autumn and Brooke were here on Sunday (Autumn in town for Brookes graduation) and Autumn took her fiancee in my scrap room to show him what I do then saw the new album I had started for her, since she has the others, and went thru it.
During the course of the conversation I told Brooke all of her albums were packed in boxes (not the senior year album)
she said "I hope you are not getting rid of them"
I said "No, just getting things packed."
She said "Good because as soon as I get a house of my own I want them!"
Makes me a happy camper!!

Speaking of senior album I better get back at the page i'm working on.

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to Sewflake

Prayers going up.
I didn't see any praying hands in the smilies.

ChansGram
Angel
ChansGram
In response to Sewflake

Sharon, sorry, I meant to ask how Peggy was doing, I had thought about it yesterday.
It’s a long road and I think “we” want to see improvement quickly.
That’s how it was for me when my brother had his accident.

Di, I liked your comment “ I’m still working on it”- lol!
I hope Daelen is feeling better today.
Poor little guy, as if the ears wasn’t enough to cause him pain, now his teeth too.

Sharon, I am hoping once my girls all get their own rooms that they will want their albums- then maybe I’ll feel better about it.
I just don’t know- I go back and forth!
Typical Gemini- lol.

Char, thanks for keeping us updated.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to Sewflake

stoppin' in

I cleaned the bathrooms--toilets and sinks.
I have a load of laundry in the dryer.

Sharon- are both Brooke and Maddie graduating?
Going out in the evening is tiring. then to have a physical or mental issue and that makes it doubly hard. I find I don't like to go out at that time of day, but then I never really did. I got home from school and stayed put.

Sharon- I used to switch things around more than i do now. The dining room is locked into yellow and gray because of the rug I bought. I can't switch

Di- isn't it so cute that Dori is on student council? I think Nev started when she was in 5th grade. She was always a go-getter.
She is driving home today from her first year behind her.

It sun was out for a few minutes. It was so good to see it.

ChansGram
Angel
ChansGram
In response to Sunnydi

Di, how exciting for Dori!
She will be a leader for sure!

Cathe, Nev will be done before she knows it- it all goes so fast!
(Well maybe not to the one doing all the studying-lol)
( or for the one paying- lol ).

I have chicken soup going.
Yum!

ChansGram
Angel
ChansGram
In response to ChansGram

Cathe, yellow and gray!
Love it!

I’ll be doing teal for awhile.
I love the color with gray and I wouldn’t want to have to repurchase stuff- so my house will have this color combo for years to come.

Waiting on biscuits and then it’s time to eat.
Monday we had beef stew, yesterday potato soup and today chicken soup- and we wonder why we’re fat!
Well, actually we don’t wonder......we know.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2

Ha ha- I thought I posted that last post hours ago, but didn't.so I just hit submit.

Before I posted that there were 12 chats that I didn't see.

Char- thanks for contacting Karen. While i was folding clothes I was wondering if one of us could contact Karen......and you're our go-to gal for that.

We need a praying hands icon.

Talk about switching stuff.
I brought up an old table lamp that had been Mom's. I tried switching out the wrought iron lamps I have had forever in the family room. It didn't work.Even if I envisioned new shades. I want new lamps. I should have bought the two I saw at Home Goods. I bet they are gone by now.

Rum was quite helpful today. Thought I 'd give him a gold star since I'm usually complaining about him. He planted the perennial I brought home yesterday and he pulled some weeds around the pool. I asked if he picked up the clippings and he looked at me like I was crazy. He didn't go get them out of the rocks. LOL

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2

Cousin Crew By Scrappin 2

Here are Julie, Natalie and Ashley (Zach's) kids. -whom I often mention.
I think the photo sitting on the bike looks weird, but it is what it is.

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake

Yes, Mattie and Brooke are the same age. Just 1 month apart.

I had wanted to make the kitchen eating area a sitting TV eating area for years but hubby was a NO GO on that one. I mean who ever sits in the kitchen and eats now days?? We haul food all over the house to eat in front of a TV when we are home alone!!!
We took the TV out of the kitchen years ago and I often wish we still had one there. I also made the dinning room a sitting room but no one is allowed to eat in there!!!

Your cousin crew page is pretty cool Cathe!

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to Sewflake

Thanks for the update Char,

thinking of you Betsey!!

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 05-22-19 10:59 AM
In response to bonprof

Thinking of Betsey and hope she is in recovery by now! I have heard that the newer way of removing the gallbladder and recovery is easier than it was years ago.

I had a nice surprise getting dressed this morning. Well not so nice! Lol...there was a deer tick embedded in the crook of my elbow and it drew blood. Deer 🦌 ticks are responsible for Lyme disease. I called the doctor and the called in a script for Doxycline. 2 pills! So the are in my tummy and all should be Well!

Sharon we seldom eat in the kitchen unless we have company! Normally we eat in front of the television in the living Room!

I am going to order some new kitchen curtains. Like you suggested, I want to change things up a bit. I had not thought of hanging lo’s In frames. Great idea. I know some of you do!

Did a little shopping at JC Penney’s earlier today in Waterville and picked up some cards for family. I bought three tops and a pair of chino capri’s.

I wanted to go to Bangor to HL and AC Moore but I will save it for another day.

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 05-22-19 11:04 AM
In response to Tishd

Trish, I had to chuckle about to many thought running through your head is probably causing the lumps!

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to Tishd

Tosh, I am guessing Oliver gave you that tick. I'm glad you got new clothes.

I had my gall bladder out 11 years ago by laparoscopy. Easiest surgery I ever had. I worry about Betsey given her copd.

Thanks Char for keeping us updated

charK
charK 
Governor
charK
  • charK on 05-22-19 11:32 AM
In response to Sunnydi

I just heard from Karen. Betsey is in recovery and the surgery went very well.

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 05-22-19 12:10 PM
In response to charK

Thank you Char for updating us on Betsey!

Di, I had heard the same about gallbladder surgery!

I am sure I got the tick from Oliver. He lays on the bed. We have some stuff to put on him for ticks so we need to get it on him!

Oliver decided to throw up some hair Balls! Ugh. Easy to clean so that was a plus!

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to Tishd

Thanks for the update Char... glad it went well!

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to Sewflake

Thank you Char.

Home from school.
Today was graduation rehearsal,
We have over 500 seniors..
Grueling day
- 1 day left!!

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to bonprof

Char- Thank you for the update about Betsey.
I will get a card out to her.

Sharon- How nice Autumn is excited about here albums. I do think my Grandkids like theirs. I know Nev and Van do for sure.

Nev is on the road now. Send up a prayer for safe arrival. Is she is by Madison at this time of day, the traffic will be horrible. There are always so many back ups on that N-S road. I hate it. I'm always afraid of getting rear ended.

I went into town. So much for staying home.
I had to mail a birthday pkg to Rose's Granddaughter Sawyer. She'll be 5 next week.
then I went to Home Goods to see if they still had the lamps I saw that I liked. Nope they are gone.
Had a prescription at Target.
Bought another Beachy vibe frame at HL.
No photo albums to be found at Home Goods-only had wedding, nor at Target-they had 2. not suitable for a little Oakley.
I went to Kohl's--they had hardly any. They used to have a whole isle. I did get one. I didn't go to M's because I was in there the other day and didn't see any.
Ran to Aldi's and got potatoes.

I tried giving up potatoes and pop. I did well for two weeks. LOL

We eat in the kitchen. We have a big tv in there that sits on that vintage looking cabinet. I think I showed you guys that a bit ago.
On Friday's we eat pizza in the family room. LOL

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2

Donna- Yay!! one day to go!!!
Then you can get your surgery out of the way!

Tish- glad you found something you liked at Penney's. I bought that shirt the other day for $7. that I love.
Ugh on the tick. Good thing you saw your bite so you could get on the antibiotic (or whatever it is) I know Lyme disease is awful. I know a lady who has had it.

bears99
Diva
bears99

We are in North Platte. Roy has had a fever for 5 days. This morning it was 102.8. They are running blood tests for 3 different tick borne diseases. Won’t know for a week but they put him on a 10 day antibiotic as a precaution. He also submitted for some back X-rays to hopefully find out why he is in so much pain.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to bears99

Jo- good thing you got him to the doctor. Might as well have the x-rays while you got him there. Ranching is hard enough let alone having back troubles to add to it.

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 05-22-19 03:15 PM

I hope Roy doesn’t have Lyme Josie. I am glad they put him on an antibiotic to be safe. Would you believe I just pulled a tick out of my hair!!!! So strange that Allen, who works outside a lot has not had them on him! I guess Oliver is bringing them in with him!

Cathe, did I tell you I went in your private album and saw your Prom layout? I loved it and my lift it for Abbi’s Prom picture. Right now I am trying to figure out what to use for paper.

Abbi is supposed to get inducted into National Honor Society tomorrow night and is bummed because she can’t get anyone to switch with her at Dairy Queen. I feel bad for her.

ChansGram
Angel
ChansGram
In response to Tishd

Tish, DQ needs to step up and cover her shift no matter what.
School and school functions come first - especially something like this. ( it’s not like she wants off to go to a football game or something)
Congrats to her- huge accomplishment- you must be proud!!

Char, thanks for the update on Betsey.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to Tishd

Tish; that's a bummer no one will trade shifts with Abbi. congrats to her. I wonder if management even knows..

Josie, good thing you got Roy to a doctor. hope the meds help. It will be interesting to find out what's up.

Char, thanks for word on Betsey.

Cathe, I gave up potatoes just two weeks ago.. Carbs really spike my insulin level and I feel awful for about an hour after I eat them. The spiking wears me out.. I am consistent now so feel better. I didn't give them up as a weight loss issue.

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 05-22-19 05:10 PM
In response to ChansGram

• ChansGram Said:
Tish, DQ needs to step up and cover her shift no matter what.
School and school functions come first - especially something like this. ( it’s not like she wants off to go to a football game or something)
Congrats to her- huge accomplishment- you must be proud!!

Char, thanks for the update on Betsey.

I agree Trish! She also mentioned to her dad that she was selected to go to girls state. (this is a week long this summer) Tim told her if they do not give her time off for that she better quit. She can't get these things back and it is an honor to be chosen! I will find out tomorrow if they relented and let her go to the induction. Her boss is a woman and probably doesn't have kids!!!!! I am proud of Abbi, yes!

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 05-22-19 05:12 PM
In response to Tishd

Di, I am sorry you have so many food issues! It has to be hard not to be able to eat potatoes!!!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Sunnydi

Glad to hear Betsey is doing ok.

Josie - Sorry to hear Roy is sick now.

Today is mom’s birthday. We got her 4 hanging baskets of flowers and a gift card to Christopher & Banks. I was bad and bought 3 shirts there BUT they were 50% off today.

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to cdjohnson

Josie, Are you guys going to catch a break this year???
Hope he is on the mend soon!!

Good find on the shirts Cheryl. Happy Birthday to your mom.

For some reason sDick is finding it hard to eat potatoes anymore, at least mashed or baked potatoes. He did eat a few fries tonight.

Tish - hope Abbi gets it worked out where she can go to the induction.

charK
charK 
Governor
charK
  • charK on 05-22-19 06:22 PM
In response to Sewflake

Sharon my dads tastes certainly changed. He ate things he never liked before. He got so he only liked applesauce and pudding, those kinds of textures. We also gave him small amounts. He was very poor growing up and always hated to waste food. If he couldn’t eat all of it he wouldn’t eat any of it.

charK
charK 
Governor
charK
  • charK on 05-22-19 06:29 PM
In response to charK

Give up potatoes???!! That’s my major food group.

I’ve had a headache today. I’m so frustrated. I started the new med last night.

Jo sure hope dh gets some answers.

ChansGram
Angel
ChansGram
In response to charK

Giving up potatoes would be so hard for me.

Tish, I don’t think Abbi should be missing the induction- that to me would be huge. If she doesn’t get it off would her mom or dad call and speak to the manager?

ChansGram
Angel
ChansGram
In response to ChansGram

I am so sad tonight and in tears.
DS text me earlier to tell me that Jaelynn’s mom is taking her out of Heritage and putting her in the school closer to her moms house.
She could not get her other kid in Jaelynn’s school and she can’t get 2 kids to school at the same time when the schools are 10 miles apart.
I don’t know why it has hit me so hard but every time I think of it I cry.
I guess because my girls have never been apart since they were born. They’ve always done everything together.

She did tell Jae and she said Jaelynn was ok with it and even excited because over there 6th grade is middle school- so she was excited that she was going to have classes like Chandler.

I just feel sick over this.
I guess I don’t do well with change.

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to ChansGram

Trish - What is that going to mean for getting Jae to school next year. Will the school be closer to you or further away? If DS moves will you even be taking her to school? I just assumed you would as DS will still have to get to work and if Jae goes to school too far away then it would be hard doing both.
Change is hard but it is only natural that the girls start going their separate ways as they get older.
That makes getting together even more special!!
Grayson started middle school at 6th grade too. That is when he "left" this area to go to another county.
Still it is a sad time when they start growing up!!!

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to Sewflake

Char - I have noticed several things that dh use to eat all the time but now not at all like lettuce salads and of course the potatoes. He seems to fixate on some foods then that is all we wants to eat day after day till he tires of it. It certainly makes it easy to fix breakfast in the mornings....or did for awhile. Now he is not as adamant on having waffles daily! Given a choice it is French Toast now.

I have to get to bed, nite all!

Sorry this is a rough night Trish!

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to charK

• charK Said:
Give up potatoes???!! That’s my major food group.

was mine also.. I've had to give up so much just to have good health so giving up potatoes is not easy.. but now I already know it's worth it.

bears99
Diva
bears99
In response to Sunnydi

We are finally home. Thanks for the update on Betsey. Have been thinking of her.

ChansGram
Angel
ChansGram
In response to Sewflake

Sharon,
Jae will be with her mom during the week so I won’t be doing any of the school stuff that I know of.
You would think being relieved of my school run duties would have me jumping for joy- but it does not.

She may even be taking a bus for school- not sure of all the details yet.

DS didn’t even know when he would be having her.
A lot to figure out still.
I am going to assume that he will now be a weekend dad.
Probably will pick her up Friday and go back to her moms Sunday night or Monday morning.

I know it will work out and be ok but it’s just hard for me.
Something as simple as Chandler’s 6th grade grad pic- I was thinking the other day as I sat and looked at it that soon I’ll have the same pic of the other 2 to go with it- well not anymore because Jae won’t be there and the school she’s going to doesn’t have 6th grade grad.

Maybe once I get past the mind set that they go together then it may be easier for me to handle.

School breaks I’m sure will be different, no more spring breaks together for sleepovers by Ma.
Just all the things I’m used to having with my girls together.
All gone now.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to ChansGram

Oh Trish- I feel so badly for you. change is so hard especially when it involves our Grandkids.

Jo- Glad you are back home, but I supposed that means Roy is working when he should be resting?

Tish- Did you get the flea and tick meds on Oliver?
I noticed Athena doesn't have on a flea/tick collar. I'm surprised.

Cheryl- Happy Birthday to your Mom.
Christopher and Banks has free shipping and 50% off today too.
I'm so afraid that they will be gone soon too. Those ladies have worked there for years. I'm hoping Talbott's will be safe as they are outside the mall.

We had mashed potatoes last night. They were so good. I made ribs. I really am not crazy about ribs. ............too much fat. I made my own sauce, Rum seared on the grill and I put them in the slow cooker. I tried giving up potatoes and pop for two weeks. LOL

Hope Betsey is feeling better.

We have the NCR breakfast today. I best get going.bbl

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to ChansGram

Trish; I feel bad for all the changes also. Gosh, that really is a biggy. hugs dear gran.

Betsey, thinking of you and I doubt you're paying any attention to us which is to be understood.

I'm in a funk and I know it's because I can not make up my mind what color to paint the kitchen... I'm such a chicken when it comes to going bold. I've been reading articles and they say "it's only paint, and you can repaint if you don't like it." well,,, yah but it's not the cost necessarily, it's the physical aspect.. I'm getting old now, my mind thinks like that.

So it's like I'm frozen.. some of you have probably been like that.. But I need to decide.. I'm going to a paint store today....
I want some sample to play with...

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to Sunnydi

Josie, glad you're back home. I hope Roy heals quickly. How are you?

Cheryl; happy birthday to your mom.. makes me miss my mom and second mom today......

I got a text from daughter last night that Daelen was eating a little food and woke up from his nap happier. he's not eaten much in the past two days. Yesterday with me he grazed which is good. Daddy is home and baby is getting better so that's all good. His work is talking to him about his future with the company.. looks like they want him to move to another plant in the not so far off future: 10 years or so. glad it's that far off... I won't have to move before I croak. haha

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to Sunnydi

I hate that word...........MOVE!!!!

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 05-23-19 06:17 AM
In response to cdjohnson

I an always find things at Christopher & Banks, Cheryl, but it has been a long time since I have been to the Mall to the store!

Happy Birthday to your mother!

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 05-23-19 06:20 AM
In response to ChansGram

Trish, I am sorry things are changing for you with the grand's! Chin up Ma, things will work out. They will be begging mom and dad to get them to your house!

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 05-23-19 06:27 AM

Cathe, no we didn't get the flea/tick med on Oliver last night. He went outside so we didn't get to him. Today! The stuff we bought you can only get at the vets and it is really good and lasts for months!

I need a new crock pot. I am going to look on line today. No wonder so many stores are closing. It is so much easier to shop online! Other than clothes, it is easier for me to shop online! It used to be that the Mall was the place to go! Now many stores at the Mall closest to me have closed. Not sure about Christopher and Banks. I hate that Macy's closed in Bangor!

Allen is a meat and potatoes guy. He would be unhappy if I didn't cook him potatoes every so often! We prefer them mashed. Also love sweet potatoes and they are good for you I guess.

I had a message from Betsey, she is going home today. She said it is hard for her to get to everyone on her cell phone. I think she is still having some pain which is understandable!

After I am done here, I should get Abbi's Prom layout done. Actually I will have to do more than one. She had some cute pictures. Choosing papers is always hard for me. I am not sure why!

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 05-23-19 06:31 AM
In response to ChansGram

Trish, I am reading backwards. I am so sorry for the change with the girls. When my grand's started getting older and had friends, different things at school, work, cars, they didn't come to stay with us like they used to. It was so hard on me at first. Withdrawal! I do get to see Max and Abbi every week but it seems different somehow!

I guess this all happens as one ages!!!

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 05-23-19 06:33 AM
In response to ChansGram

• ChansGram Said:
Giving up potatoes would be so hard for me.

Tish, I don’t think Abbi should be missing the induction- that to me would be huge. If she doesn’t get it off would her mom or dad call and speak to the manager?

I thought of this too Trish! I am surprised that Tim doesn't speak to the manager seriously. Her mother is different, I never know with her! It is a big thing in her life for sure. I guess I told you if she can't get the week of Girl's State off, Tim told her she should give up that job and find something else.

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 05-23-19 06:35 AM
In response to charK

• charK Said:
Sharon my dads tastes certainly changed. He ate things he never liked before. He got so he only liked applesauce and pudding, those kinds of textures. We also gave him small amounts. He was very poor growing up and always hated to waste food. If he couldn’t eat all of it he wouldn’t eat any of it.

It seems like my grammie always ate cottage cheese and canned peaches. I can still remember!

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 05-23-19 06:35 AM
In response to Tishd

Glad to hear Daelen is doing a little better, Di!

Good morning to you all. I need to get busy and finish a layout!

Jojo Noons
Governor
Jojo Noons
In response to Tishd

Good morning!

Been up since 7:30...
Cleaned kitchen, only to mess again...
Washing the last comforters
Still need to stock cabins...
Wanda cleaned cabin 1 and 2...
Did a great job... More on this later
I put together meatballs, sausage and sauce (gravy) to munch on (dinner tonight, subs tomorrow?, Whatever). That's going in the crock pot.
Need to take baby ribs out of freezer to thaw, then I'll put on a dry rub and wrap till cooking this weekend. T-bone steaks also on this weekend's menu.
Need to run to the store to pick up various things. Making a cherry torte sometime this weekend.
Will be busy, will chime in when I can.
Love to all!!

Thinking of Betsey! Gosh! Pulled muscle...yeah right! I feel for her!
Trish... Change is tough, hugs!
Donna, enjoy your last day today! You've been on my mind.
Char, hope St. Pete is better (with dramatics), hope doggie is better too!
Di, good to hear Daelen is feeling better
Cheryl, happy birthday to your grandmother. How is your grandfather doing?
Cathe, I hate the word move too!! Scares me...
Tish, having nice weather? Enjoying the sun and warmth. May get thundershowers this afternoon.
Josie, sending hugs and saying a prayer for Roy! Hope your weather is now better. You've been through enough!!
Sharon, funny how tastes change. French toast it is then! Praying for Peggy. Hope improvements show soon and more often. Prayers to Brian too. I hope he is holding up. Hugs to you with all this going on.

Gotta get going to stay on schedule!!

Page 626 of 626 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics