Page 635 of 635 
Username Post: Rockin Scrappin Grans - Part 3        (Topic#1652827)
charK
charK 
Governor
charK
  • charK on 06-14-19 10:50 AM
In response to ChansGram

Hello

Sitting here at infusion. The iv the nurse put in hurts. She had a terrible time getting it in. She was trying to draw blood for labs but it wasn’t cooperating. Ended up with blood all over.

Yesterday was easy peasy.

Betsey your dil and grand are going to Japan in August?? I bet they miss Hannah.

Jojo Noons
Governor
Jojo Noons
In response to charK

Hi everyone!

Char enjoy your trip to Disney! Hope you can see Donna.

Donna, how are you? I haven't been in much. Hope things are going well.

I'm now wearing my knee brace on my right knee. It is doing the same as my left did this past fall/winter. Only thing that happened to it was Brodie fiercely banging into my kneecap. I'm assuming when it was banged, it messed with the tissues which became enflamed. Trying not to do stairs and no bending.

Betsey, hope Karen is doing well.

Jojo Noons
Governor
Jojo Noons
In response to Jojo Noons

Sharon, you're in my thoughts. Happy to hear D ick's kidneys are showing better function. Hope the new care works well.

Tish, where did the sun go?? Hopefully it will show up tomorrow. Today is overcast, yesterday was cool and raw with showers.

Hoping to scrap tonight while waiting for people coming in.

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 06-14-19 02:02 PM
In response to charK

Strange how some nurses, and lab tech's are so good at blood draws and inserting an IV and then there are some that have a terrible time! I am sorry they are having a hard time with you today Char.

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 06-14-19 02:11 PM
In response to Tishd

Lisa and Joel were here a little while ago. They were dropping off father's day gifts for Allen. They gave him a 50 pound back of black oil sunflower seed, a huge bag of thistle seed and a bunch of scratch off tickets. He was happy!

She has been busy trying to get their house ready to put on the market. Their new place is coming along pretty good.

Jojo, the sun has been in and out here all day. I just hope it is a good day tomorrow. There is a birthday party for Paisley tomorrow at my son John's. Doesn't seem possible she will be a year old.

Donna how are you doing today? Thinking of you! Hugs!

Edited by Tishd on 06-14-19 02:16 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

ChansGram
Angel
ChansGram
In response to Tishd

We are done.
We did good with the help we had.
DD and I set up his kitchen before we left.
He will need to wash all his dishes but figured he had plenty of time to do that.
Living room was set in place.
Beds will be worked on after he rests up- they can throw their mattresses on the floor till then.
I only helped once they brought stuff in - I did not climb the stairs more than once each way!
Thankfully the girls were a lot of help with all the boxes and small stuff. DD was able to help the guys with the big stuff.
So glad that’s over.

charK
charK 
Governor
charK
  • charK on 06-14-19 02:59 PM
In response to ChansGram

Trish what a relief it’s all done. It will definitely take getting used to. I hope it all works out for him and Jae.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to ChansGram

Concerned about Donna since she hasn't checked in.

Char- I'm sorry you didn't get a person who was good at taking blood and putting in an IV. When I had my cataracts done, the nurses were great putting in the I V. I still have good veins though.

Trish- glad you got your son all moved in. It's nice your DD and the girls were big help. Is Jae excited or not? Will you still be getting her from school? I think you said no.

Tish- Hope Allen wins some big money on the scratch offs!
Don't feel overwhelmed. Just do the pictures that call to you.

Betsey- I remember tv being free.
I certainly wouldn't try to scrap all those photos---and I'm sure you're not. They get what they get. Hannah will love it since it's from you.

JoJo- sorry the knee is hurting. Hope you get to scrap.

The girl cousin reunion was so nice. There were 11 of us and a cousin's daughter. We had the daughter take a group picture. She used someone's i pad and also was asked to take a shot on a couple of cell phones. My cousin Sandy said she'd send me the photo on her phone.

Gotta go pick up our pizza.
Have a nice evening.

charK
charK 
Governor
charK
  • charK on 06-14-19 03:25 PM
In response to charK

When my infusion was done she tried again to get blood for the doctors tests. She ended up sticking me in a different spot. Still wouldn’t work. I ended up going to the blood draw place across the way. Took her 2 tries in different places. It was a long day.

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to charK

Cathe!!
Don’t worry!!
My body is behaving so much better now.
My doctor had a very interesting way of getting me to cooperate.
Today is much better and I may go home tomorrow.

Im so done with the hospital.
But now I am bag free.
So grateful.

Love you all!

ChansGram
Angel
ChansGram
In response to charK

• charK Said:
Trish what a relief it’s all done. It will definitely take getting used to. I hope it all works out for him and Jae.

Thanks Char.
It will take getting used to for sure.
With him not being here it is more worry for me but I need to learn to let it be- he needs to figure stuff out on his own.
He does know that we don’t want him moving back so maybe he will try harder??

ChansGram
Angel
ChansGram
In response to ChansGram

Char, that stinks that she couldn’t get blood.
Is that a normal thing for you.?
Nice that your infusion is done for the month!

Cathe, how fun to get together with so many cousins!!
And all girls to boot!
Glad they took pics.

Jae was very excited to have her own room and her “stuff” .
Most excited about her wicker desk for some reason!!
She kept going to the desk trying to do things and we had to keep reminding her we had other work to do!!
No on the school runs- I’m done with that .

Donna, glad you’re doing better!
Hope you get to go home if the time is right!!

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to ChansGram

Donna- Glad to hear that all is working!!
Yay on going home!!

I'm watching Caddy Shack with Rum. I really don't like that movie at all. But I kind of think he wants me to watch it with him. I'll play on the Ipad for awhile.

Trish-how sweet that Jae likes her desk. It would make a cute scrapbook page.

Good night.

Sewflake
Queen
Sewflake
In response to scrappin 2

Donna, I can only imagine how you are ready to head for home.
As I was driving into the hospital this afternoon I was thinking "I am getting way too familiar with this place!" I am ready for dh to come home. I have a feeling they will send him home tomorrow even if his functions are not cooperating!
I may need to get your doctors "interesting" way of getting you to cooperate Donna!!
I'm beginning to think I can do just as well at home...the thing I can't do is move him from bed to chair and such although a friend brought over a lift that will help with that!
We are getting closer to finding out what our new normal will be.
One major blessing is his kidneys are back to almost normal!

Char - sorry you had such a rough day today!

Trish - It might take you a bit to get adjusted to your house without DS.
You have such great neighbors a few days of sitting out on the deck with a drink and chatting with them all will go a long way to help.

Shoot, almost bedtime again.
Seems like I go to bed tired, sleep well and wake up tired.
We shall see what tomorrow brings.

Cathe - yea, I too spent some time with hubby this evening watching TV, then as soon as they got him back in bed he went right to sleep!!!
Hope he sleeps well for them tonight!

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to memex9

Betsey, yes it is my daughter with the hot house. they're going to re-address getting central ac. It was 87 upstairs in their home last night and everybody slept in the parent's room due to having a window ac.

Jojo, sorry about the knee. It's hard to wear braces.. Today, I'm wishing I had one for my right knee.

Tish, are the seeds for Allan for planting? I hope he won big money from a ticket. You are going to Paisely's party?

Trish; that's so nice that the move went well and there was a lot of help.. rest up. It's cute Jae likes her desk. I wish them well in their new home.

Char, that's a lot of sticks.. so sorry.

Sharon, you've been on my mind. You are right in that your new normal will come about. I hope dDick can go home soon.

Donna, glad you checked in. Maybe you can go home after the weekend.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to Sunnydi

We both worked outside most of the day and now are both laying down, ready for naps.. I did a booboo out front. I broke the round piece of glass that sits on the little porch table. Dale is now carrying the measurements incase he sees one at a garage sale. I still want to use the frame if possible.

last night I took the laptop to bed and watched TV on it thru our Xfinity app. I can access our saved shows and set something for taping if want to. I just have to do for my sanity. I cannot watch my saved shows with Dale around anymore, he jsut won't be quiet... of course if he's picked the show.. all's quiet.

We havve a glass club meeting tomorrow afternoon.. I like the afternoon meetings better than the evening. Especially in the winter. It's a 22 mile drive one way

ChansGram
Angel
ChansGram
In response to Sunnydi

Good morning.
Up so early- I’m guessing I fell asleep early.

Sharon, hope you slept well and are rested.
I can imagine all of this wears on you physically and mentally.
Yes, a new norm to get used to.

Di, working outside is hard work!
It’s nice to see things completed tho.
Mel and I are on the search for a small round table top too. Lol.
Have fun at the glass meeting today.

I will head back over to DSs today to see if I can help with anything - mostly to help Jae in her room.
Things were in storage for 2 yrs so I’m sure most of her clothes won’t even fit and any toys she had packed won’t be needed.
I instructed her when I left to have a box for trash and a box for goodwill- we’ll see how she did.
She was so into that desk that I doubt much else got done- lol!

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to ChansGram

Good morning!

I hope everyone slept well.

Seems like life is hard for so many of our group right now........plus I know many others struggling with children who need help, illnesses, jobs, or lack of good jobs. I count my blessings.

Sharon- hugs, I don't know how you will handle transferring D ick if he can't help. Life sure has thrown you both a curve.

Donna- hoping you can go home!

Trish- How long does it take to get to the apartment?
It will be interesting to see if Jae was able to part with things.

Di- I bet most people are happy the glass meeting is in the afternoon. Once evening hits I think most people --especially if you're over 60 want to stay home---or if you work outside the home.
When we were little, we 3 kids (before Jean) slept in Mom and Dad's room on mattresses because their room had an AC window unit.

I'm made at myself for not speaking up yesterday at the reunion. Someone decided we'd stand in front of a window. The blinds were shut, but the photo turned out awful. I knew it wasn't a good place to stand. Of course the faces are all washed out.

Rum can't decide what he wants to eat tomorrow. I want to shop for it today. Really I want to stay home all day and scrap.

I got my new baby papers from sb.com. I have to decide if I want to make 12x12 or 8x8 sized layouts. I'm leaning toward 12x12.
Found out that one of the twins is a boy. That's nice as he'll carry on the family name. My cousin Melissa has a brother named Jack and he has a son Todd. But Todd is .................not right. He doesn't have a diagnosis that I know of, but he must have Asperger's or something. He is 55. The family name won't be carried on through him. I guess there is hope for my nephew Luke to marry and have a boy. He is 40. He has a girlfriend.

Enough of family. LOL

Tish- I hope you get to go to Paisley's party.

Sewflake
Queen
Sewflake

Quick wave and I am off to the hospital to see what today brings.
Hope the weekend goes well for everyone.
already 80 here as is Betsey.
A good day NOT to work outside!

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 06-15-19 05:50 AM
In response to charK

If I remember right the blood draw people are only allowed two pokes and if they do not get blood then, they have to get someone else. (that may just be where I go though).

Trish, I am glad the move was a success! Hopefully you can relax today.

My daughter, Jill, is coming soon. She is going to Paisley's birthday party with us. Whoopie it is a nice sun shiny day! I am not sure if Jill will end up spending the night. Chip is on a fishing trip.

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 06-15-19 05:55 AM
In response to Sunnydi

Di, I often like watching TV alone too, especially anything sad! Allen loves to be a critique during TV shows and he is forever complaining about the commercials!

Good morning to everyone.

Thinking of Donna and D ick today and hope they are doing better!

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to Tishd

Tish- rum complains about the commercials too.
Have a great day. It's nice Jill is going with you.
How far away is your Grandson's home?
Will Jill drive?
I think it's a rule around here too, that after two tries they have to go get someone else to draw blood or put in an IV........remembering that when Mom was a patient.

Sharon- at least the hospital has AC.

Hope everyone's worries are few today!

Going to the grocery store for food tomorrow. Going early in hopes that it isn't busy.

ChansGram
Angel
ChansGram

Good morning, again!
I sat with my iPad, YouTube’d and fell back to sleep.

Tish, hard to believe that Paisley is one already.
Have fun at her party.

Sharon, hope your day goes smoothly.

Cathe, sorry about the photo- I hate when that happens.
What did you decide for dinner tomorrow?
DSs apartment is about 10 minutes from us.
I’m sure Jae had no problem parting with toys- she doesn’t play with stuff anymore.
The only thing she will be keeping is art type stuff.

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 06-15-19 08:14 AM

• scrappin 2 Said:
Tish- rum complains about the commercials too.
Have a great day. It's nice Jill is going with you.
How far away is your Grandson's home?
Will Jill drive?
I think it's a rule around here too, that after two tries they have to go get someone else to draw blood or put in an IV........remembering that when Mom was a patient.

Sharon- at least the hospital has AC.

Hope everyone's worries are few today!

Going to the grocery store for food tomorrow. Going early in hopes that it isn't busy.

Cathe, John is about 15 minutes from us. Jill is driving down from Bar Harbor so it is a bit of a hike for her. She was going to meet us here and follow Allen and I over but she is running late so will probably have to meet us there. I do drive still but prefer to be chauffeured. When Allen has his knee done, I will probably have to chauffeur him around for a few weeks!

His knee surgery isn't until September 5th.

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 06-15-19 08:16 AM
In response to Tishd

Trish, I am looking forward to seeing Paisley. Her mommy said last night she fell and cut her ear somehow. They took her to ER thinking she needed stitches but no stitches needed.

Sewflake
Queen
Sewflake
In response to Tishd

Cathe - you are not the only one that doesn't say anything about the angle when taking photos!! It happens often as the people being photographed do not like facing the light!! They don't like sun in their eyes and there is not always shade around to get the best lighting.

Being at the beach and taking pictures is a trial when the shore line is south (for the most part) so the sun is always either to your left or right you usually have to be facing the sun to get pictures of people and the water, OR the subject is squinting into the sun!!!

Trish - sounds like moving day was a big success with being able to get it done in one day. Sweet for DS that you are able to help get his place in order. I am sure Jae will like having you that close when she is visiting her dad.
Maybe she can find a friend close by like she did at the last place.
Has Jae meet DS's new lady friend?

Sewflake
Queen
Sewflake
In response to Sewflake

Tish - what a treat to have great weather for the birthday party today. Glad Jill will be going with you, that will be good company for the trip.

It always seems to happen when little ones are having a photo opportunity event they have a boo boo on them somewhere!!

Cathe - I know getting out early on a Saturday was nice that there was not so much traffic....I could easily find a place to park too!!!

Hope your grocery shopping is quick!

I have been doing a lot of fussy cutting while here at the hospital. That makes it much easier to sit and "watch" a program with DH. I don't have to pay attention to the show - can still make comments once in awhile - plus have the benefit of getting something done to use for later.
In reality dh has not been watching as much TV here as he did at home. ??? Maybe one of the new normal's??

The last I asked they did not have any new orders for him as far as getting his system to start working. Being the weekend I have no clue what comes next... I need to ask if the doctors even come around on weekends......think I will go now as ask just what the current orders read!!

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to Sewflake

hi all... good luck today Sharon.

I too have to speak up about photos when at Danielle's. Many times she goes to take our photo with the kids and we're sitting on the sofa.. well there is a huge window behind it and the lighting never works. I have dozens of photos where you can't see us.

Hubby is off to grocery store for just the basics. I'll stop later for dinner stuff for tomorrow. I have yet to decide what it will be. Hubby doesn't care.

bbl

bears99
Diva
bears99
In response to Sunnydi

Hi Grans

I had quite the day yesterday. The latch on my dishwasher door wouldn't work....not sure why but wouldn't latch shut to run. Then my vacuum cleaner has a short that has gotten worse and it will have to go to town on Monday when we make the trip to North Platte. Add to that the foot rest part of my recliner has quite latching into a down position. I was cranky!! i know that they are all little things and nothing to get upset about but by the time noon came yesterday I just wanted to go back to bed and start over!

Tish...enjoy the party and some snuggles with your little DGD.

Trish...glad the move was accomplished. I will be curious to hear if Jae has her desk organized yet! LOL

Sharon....I remember those long days at the hospital. The worst for us is that whenever one of us ends up there we are soooooo far away from home that we can't go back and forth. The caregiver is just stuck there with the patient! LOL

Jojo...we have sunshine here today and 80 degrees. I am chuckling because they said our humidity is 85% today. That NEVER happens here in the hills!! We had freezing temps at night just a week ago and now it is 80. Our bodies are not acclimated to this huge change and everyone is tired and HOT! Wasn't too long ago we were cold!! We got another 1/2 inch of rain night before last so everything is green and growing. Kari finally got her garden plants in. Things are very very slow here. My yellow roses are just now blooming, over 2 weeks past what they are in a regular year.

I am still working on the memory book for our Pastor. His last Sunday with us isn't until the 23rd but I really needed it completed this weekend. I will be gone Monday to the doc. and then Thursday and Friday next week to a training. I am doing it all digital on 8.5 x 11 and putting the pages in sheet protectors into a 1/2 inch 3 ring binder. I think it is going to be nice, but I am tired of it!!

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to bonprof

They are releasing me today.
I will be on a full liquid diet until tomorrow and then a a soft one for 2 days. No driving for 3 weeks.
Lots of quiet time for scrapping.

Trish,
Glad everything is settled with the new place.

Char,
Hope your day is better.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to bonprof

I've been as busy as a fox in a hen house!!

First I stopped at Home Depot for more annuals. My pots looked sparse. I got one daisy perennial.
On to Woodman's. I ran into Casey.She said, "oh I just texted you that brats would be ok." I said, "Well we are having chicken tacos, it's all in my cart." She said, that was fine.
I bought more than I went in for. 70 bucks.
Then got myself home.

Had a sandwich.
Made Spaghetti sauce.
Planted the flowers.
Put the sheets in the dryer.
Started to make Father's Day cards and
Rum says "want to walk the dog?" So we did.
Came home and finally got to make 3 Father's day cards.
I burnt the bottom of the spaghetti sauce, but caught it in time so it wasn't ruined.
Made up our bed.
Now I get to sit.

Donna- so glad you are getting to go home.

Jo- all those little things are VERY annoying. Sure hope the vacuum can be fixed.
The weather is crazy here too.
On the way to Streator I couldn't believe all the fields that aren't planted, or even turned over. Rum's cousin down the road doesn't have his field plowed either.
I saw someone had cut their hay and it was in those big rolls. They were set under trees, but they might have gotten wet this afternoon.

Sharon- good idea to take some fussy cutting along. Hospitals are so boring. I dislike weekends at hospitals, seems like no one cares you're in there, you want a doctor, answers, and want out.

charK
charK 
Governor
charK
  • charK on 06-15-19 05:13 PM

Hello

I’m fighting a headache today. This is one thing about ivig that I hate. Happens every time.

Tomorrow we’re going out to my uncle Fred’s for Father’s Day. Taking him and his wife out for lunch. All of my sisters are going and Peter. I’ve not seen him in probably over a year. He’s 80 now and my dads last surviving brother.

Today’s is baby sister Lori’s 60th birthday. Geez we’ve gotten old. She took us on a cruise for her 50th birthday. We had so much fun.

I’m very melancholy today. On the verge of constant tears.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to charK

Good morning!!

Char- Sorry you get a headache from the ivig.
Hope your it goes away.--or is gone by now. Seems to me like they hang on for awhile. How long do they usually last?
It's nice that you are taking your Uncle Fred out to eat.
I have one uncle left on my mom's side. He lives in Maryland--former Navy.
Happy Birthday to Lori.

Donna- hope you are home!

I texted Doug and Sonny to wish them Happy Father's day. Doug and family are on the plane. Ozzy will be so happy to see them.
I'm making chicken tacos for dinner. If they are too tired to stay for dinner they can take some home. Sonny is not coming, he is going golfing. He hasn't golfed since his back surgery. I wonder how his back will hold up.

Edited by scrappin 2 on 06-16-19 05:50 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

bonprof
Queen
bonprof

Morning,

Happy Father’s Day to all the dads.

It felt so good to sleep in my own bed last night.
My goals today are to take a shower, open some mail, and then walk around the culd de sac.
Taking it slow and steady.

Hugs Char. xoxoxo

ChansGram
Angel
ChansGram
In response to bonprof

Good morning and happy Father’s Day to all the dads.

Sewflake
Queen
Sewflake
In response to ChansGram

Happy Father's Day to the dads!
Hubby got home this morning at 7:30, 12 hours after he was released from the hospital.
EMS was busy with transports.
Sleeping now...probably be awake tonight???

Yea Donna for a good nights sleep and a walk around the cul-de-sac!!

ChansGram
Angel
ChansGram
In response to Sewflake

Sharon, glad DH got home and on Father’s Day !
Hope he does well.

I went out and watered all my plants- we never know what mess the dang squirrels make- so it’s always a surprise.
Today was a good day- no plants dug into by “chuck” .
The guy on the corner feeds the squirrels peanuts so they are always digging to bury their nuts.

DH wanted Olive Garden- I ordered online and will go pick up in a few minutes.
DS didn’t want to come over to eat- when I said Olive Garden he replied “gross”- so I guess he doesn’t like Olive Garden!!
His loss.
We love it.

Hope everyone is enjoying their day.

Sewflake
Queen
Sewflake
In response to ChansGram

Olive Garden is kind of a cr ap shoot around here, sometimes it is good and some times not. I just wish they would quit changing their recipes!!! I use to LOVE the chicken Marsala but no more!!! Their salads are always good and so is the soup...

I am making Cathe's Chicken stew...it is cooking now. I don't expect dh to like it as this tastes seem to change from meal to meal but there is always a PB&J. He also does not seem to be eating as much anymore.

DS said Peggy is doing well with trips out and about as well as PT. They are coming for supper on Friday so I will see her for the first time in a couple of weeks, then.

Trish - how does the house "feel" with ds gone?
Are you going to like it?
Did you go visit yesterday or whatever day it was, and help Jae with her room?

Sounds like you have your place pretty well in hand, inside and outside!

Sewflake
Queen
Sewflake
In response to Sewflake

Jo - hope your days are going better than yesterday.
Sometimes you just have to give up and go craft!!!

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to Sewflake

• Sewflake Said:
Olive Garden is kind of a cr ap shoot around here, sometimes it is good and some times not. I just wish they would quit changing their recipes!!! I use to LOVE the chicken Marsala but no more!!! Their salads are always good and so is the soup...

I am making Cathe's Chicken stew...it is cooking now. I don't expect dh to like it as this tastes seem to change from meal to meal but there is always a PB&J. He also does not seem to be eating as much anymore.

DS said Peggy is doing well with trips out and about as well as PT. They are coming for supper on Friday so I will see her for the first time in a couple of weeks, then.

Trish - how does the house "feel" with ds gone?
Are you going to like it?
Did you go visit yesterday or whatever day it was, and help Jae with her room?

Sounds like you have your place pretty well in hand, inside and outside!

Boy do I ever agree with that...even the soups have changed and don't seem to stay the same. I have been getting the salad and breadsticks and sticking to the soup I know is good. And that's my meal. LOL

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9

• scrappin 2 Said:
Concerned about Donna since she hasn't checked in.

Char- I'm sorry you didn't get a person who was good at taking blood and putting in an IV. When I had my cataracts done, the nurses were great putting in the I V. I still have good veins though.

Trish- glad you got your son all moved in. It's nice your DD and the girls were big help. Is Jae excited or not? Will you still be getting her from school? I think you said no.

Tish- Hope Allen wins some big money on the scratch offs!
Don't feel overwhelmed. Just do the pictures that call to you.

Betsey- I remember tv being free.
I certainly wouldn't try to scrap all those photos---and I'm sure you're not. They get what they get. Hannah will love it since it's from you.

JoJo- sorry the knee is hurting. Hope you get to scrap.

The girl cousin reunion was so nice. There were 11 of us and a cousin's daughter. We had the daughter take a group picture. She used someone's i pad and also was asked to take a shot on a couple of cell phones. My cousin Sandy said she'd send me the photo on her phone.

Gotta go pick up our pizza.
Have a nice evening.

Well that's just it. It's really not from ME!!!! Its what Kim asked me to do for a gift from her and Jeff to take to Japan when she and Sarah go in August I think. Maybe I didn't mention it but she actually called me and asked me to do a wedding album for them that she would pay me for. I of course said NO I was thinking of making one for them for Christmas........she said...." come with me to Walmart and pick the prints you want for the album." I said I would and we did. However she ordered 300 prints most of which are not scrapable.......if that's a word.....they are too far away etc. etc. So I am using the best shots that I picked and edited and filling in with some of the ones that she picked that aren't so good. They turned out dark, and just anren' ones I would scrap all by myself. LOL I think this is why it's become a job and not fun. I remember Pam and someone else who tried to seel their album work and found out very quickly that it become work and no longer fun. that's is kind of what this feels like.....some or most of the time. I have already scrapped the best photos and that is about 12-15 PAGES.........and not what she had in mind I am pretty sure. Also I have to be careful and get as many of his family as hers. Not as easy task......LOL SIGH. I am doing the best I can but struggling with a lot of the pages. When I have enough I will stop...and just put the rest into fphoto sleeve pages for the 12 x 12 albums. And that, as they say, will be that!!!!!!

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to Tishd

• Tishd Said:
Strange how some nurses, and lab tech's are so good at blood draws and inserting an IV and then there are some that have a terrible time! I am sorry they are having a hard time with you today Char.

Boy I know how she feels.......They always have a hard time with me as it has to be in the back of my hand. The older I get the more difficult that becomes. This last one was touch and go from the start......and it's what caused the swelling and heat in my right arm after I got home. The last morphine I got through that port ran everywhere but into my vein. LOL And it could have turned into a real issue but thankfully did not. The surgeon looked at it and said it was fine. Lucky Me!!!! Could have been a mess I understand.

Char I know how you feel......I have always had trouble with them being able to find veins in my arms even as a younger person. But the older I get the worse it gets.

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to Tishd

• Tishd Said:
Trish, I want you and Mel for neighbors! I have neighbors up the road, down the road and across the road, but none are close in distance. Audrey and Clair are across the road, but have a long driveway and lots of trees that give them privacy.

Josie, good luck in getting the album done for your pastor. It would help if others contributed. How is everyone in your household?

Me too....I really need help in my back yard. I am able to keep the front pretty well...but the back gets away from me most of the time. It's already a mess and the kids just cleaned it out in March!!!!

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to ChansGram

• ChansGram Said:
Betsey, glad Karen’s surgery went well.
Boy they sure send them home fast- lol!
Hope her recovery goes smoothly and is uneventful!

Di, I think I remember you saying your DD doesn’t have air conditioning (?)
That is way to hot.
Aren’t they miserable at times?

She is doing fine.........she had a surgery where most of the stitches are on the inside....only a small incision on the abdomen/tummy. So the worst of that surgery is not existent these days. No stitches across the tummy. Anyway...she has her belly pad like mine......and seems ok......just trying not to do much as it takes awhile for the inside stitches to heal.....kind of like mine. (the one I had in 1976, ) I have to say that it's waaaay easier than what I hear about the old style surgery.

Our friend Amanda B. had her baby Friday night after 27 hours of labor they did a Cesarean........the baby was not breathing right so into NICU it went. They did not get to hold him until late last night. She nor the doctors were expecting any problems and so this was all quite scary and we are all glad that she is ok and baby is here. She is having trouble with feeding........and in fact for a girl who had a totally uneventful pregnancy her birthing experience has been a nightmare. She went to the hospital Thursday night dialated with contractions and it's not until Saturday night that she even got to hold her baby.........I did not tell Rachael any of this........she is already nervous enough. I swear......between Carols two daughters and now Amanda B......I have never heard such terrible, scary birthing stories..........I am hoping that Rachael has a normal birth like the rest of her family. LOL

I went to Karen's for Father's Day Brunch that Rachael and Ally made for David, Robby and Nate. Mandy wasn't there as it's Matts weekend with Mackenzie...so of course she has to be with him. This is a very messed up family these days...and nothing seems right anymore. Lilly asks where Mackenzie is..........I don't know what they tell her.....we are quickly turning into the Jerry Springer family for Real. Sad but true.

That's all I have been up to. other than moving my living room furniture around......and getting my kitchen floor clean and shiny again.......nothing new here. I am doing pages........did not do the last challenge and dont even know what the new one is....going to the first page to see and write them down right now. LOL I am sure I will get inspired.......at least I hope so. LOL

Happy Fathers Day to all the Dad's, Grandads, and Uncles out there and those of you who are both. Dad, Grandad and who knows what.........Peter, Rum, Allen, and all of the rest of the Dad's and Grandads!!!!!

oh yes and to Donna...hope things are better by now....don't worry, my friend Bonnie had lots of trouble in the beginning of her reconnection but she is doing well now and she is my age. So it will all be ok........follow directions and use your own common sense...and try to not worry...worry affects all parts of our body...so Turn it over and know that it will be ok.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to memex9

Hi all;

I'm eating lunch and then have to go to the grocery store.

Char; hope the headache is gone

Donna; so so happy for you that you got home. I like your day's plans.

Sharon, is hubby mobile at all? can he transfer himself? If not hire help; that's too much for you to take on by yourself. PBJ used to be my favorite.

We won't have Stephen and Daelen here today as he's off to his parent's home in Shelton. His sister's hubby just graduated with his MBA and they're having a party for him. Danielle/Dori stayed home as Dori has a dress rehearsal today.. they'll be over at 4:30.

bye for now

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to Sunnydi

Whew I get to sit down.
I won't bore you with all that I've done.
But come on over, I have enough chicken taco meat to feed an army.

Happy Father's Day to all our Hubbies.

Rum was sweet and vacuumed for me.
Casey thought Oakley reacted to the dog dander last time they were here. We'll see. I'm sure he's been told not to sit on the carpet.

I stopped after church and picked up some more kenetic sand at M's. They didn't have colors only the brown. Maybe that's better as I have brown and it would have all ended up together anyway.
I also picked up another thing that was on sale. It is called Morphe. Maybe someone has heard of it?
I really don't know what the boys are going to do all day. It's going to be too cold to swim.

Donna- I bet it felt good to be in your own bed.
I guess you're between take it easy and walk.
The journey is almost over. Hugs.

Betsey- Oh I see, Kim asked you to make this album. Is Hannah getting a professional album? Casey and Sonny didn't. I didn't make her a wedding scrapbook. I do have a lot of photos in an album for her. I don't think she cares. What I was going to say is that if you use a 3 ringed binder you could use some of those sectioned off page protectors. (I have some I could send to you) But if Kim is taking it on the plane I imagine you aren't doing a 3 ringed as it would get so heavy?
I'm sure glad Amanda B. is ok and her baby is too.
I'm surprised the doctor's let her labor so long. I hope they had a heart monitor on the baby during that time.

I wanted to get Sonny and Doug a couple of scratch off lottery tickets. I rarely buy tickets. At the grocery store they have machines where you buy the tickets. I did not get what I wanted. I got two games........they are big tickets so they won't fit into the cards I made AND the game is so confusing. They're young hope they can figure it out.

Doug and family are at home. They were going to chill out and start laundry and then come over. The had an early flight out of Florida.

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 06-16-19 12:02 PM
In response to memex9

• memex9 Said:
  • Tishd Said:

Boy I know how she feels.......They always have a hard time with me as it has to be in the back of my hand. The older I get the more difficult that becomes. This last one was touch and go from the start......and it's what caused the swelling and heat in my right arm after I got home. The last morphine I got through that port ran everywhere but into my vein. LOL And it could have turned into a real issue but thankfully did not. The surgeon looked at it and said it was fine. Lucky Me!!!! Could have been a mess I understand.

Char I know how you feel......I have always had trouble with them being able to find veins in my arms even as a younger person. But the older I get the worse it gets.

Betsey, my veins are tiny but I hate having blood taken out of the back of my hand and avoid it if possible. There are some that are such experts at drawing the first pick, the ones that have trouble pick the back of the hand I think. Also the ones that listen to the patient seem to have the best luck! I have had so many blood draws that I know where my best spots are!

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 06-16-19 12:10 PM
In response to Tishd

I am happy to hear you are home Donna and in your own comfy bed! Be a good girl and don't be trying to digest steak for a few weeks!

It has been a quiet day, other than calls to Allen from the kids for Father's Day.

The birthday party yesterday was a lot of fun and Paisley was a little doll! So good and so sweet. She doesn't see me often and yet she just loved my snuggles and would put her little hand in mind and we would walk around. Jill brought her doggie and Paisley loved the dog more than her gifts. There was a big crowd there and they had three small tents which was a good idea because of our freaky weather! The only bother was ticks, black flies and mosquitoes!

I did get some good photo's to scrap. I did not get her album done....sigh.

Busy week coming up.....I have an eye appointment Thursday, our anniversary is Friday and then a celebration for Logan's 30th birthday the 23rd.

Last night I went to bed at 8:00...my legs were so tired.

It was fun to have Jill yesterday. Chip is fishing with his buddies until tomorrow.

I hope you can find out some reports on D ick Sharon.

Edited by Tishd on 06-16-19 12:11 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to Tishd

It’s been a good day,
I had a nice nap and then walked with Kerry. I get tired very easily.
That’s normal I think.
Michelle is here.
We are having a little visit.
I hope everyone had a great day.

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to bonprof

Thank you Betsey.
I have the whole summer to heal.
My body has been through a lot.

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to Tishd

• Tishd Said:
If I remember right the blood draw people are only allowed two pokes and if they do not get blood then, they have to get someone else. (that may just be where I go though).

Trish, I am glad the move was a success! Hopefully you can relax today.

My daughter, Jill, is coming soon. She is going to Paisley's birthday party with us. Whoopie it is a nice sun shiny day! I am not sure if Jill will end up spending the night. Chip is on a fishing trip.

Scary to mr that they have to have a rule like that at all. If the people were trained correctly. According to my gal who is a phlebotomist if you have to poke more than twice you don’t pass. The test. I have never heard of all of this until that’s ten years. I never had trouble in the years before that but I was told it has more to do with the experience of the sticker. Lol

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to memex9

That’s sorry to hear bb..........

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to bonprof

Tish. I have always had trouble with blood draws since I moved here. But had them rarely so it was no big deal. I don’t have tiny veins. Just deep and the back of my hand they use the butterfly. It’s painless and at least they can get blood to flow. I have had this issue for years.

ChansGram
Angel
ChansGram
In response to memex9

I just scrapped my LO for the challenge!
Will try to get it uploaded tomorrow.

Page 635 of 635 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics