Username Post: Rockin Scrappin Grans - Part 3        (Topic#1652827)
scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to Sunnydi

Good morning!!

Cheryl- Thinking of you and Karyol.
Hope you can take a nap this afternoon.

Char- hope you got a good nights sleep and the BP went down!!

Trish- the bathroom is adorable!! I love how the tile goes half way up the wall. Did you purchase that vanity?
I still don't know what to do about the hall bathroom. (mine)
I just want the Property Bros to come do it. LOL---or Joanna.

Di- 3:00 am is WAY to early to be up for the day.
Glad you had fun with Dustin and Anne.

We had 4 new inches of snow yesterday. That was higher than predicted. It's sunny so I will photograph a LO I did yesterday and a couple of cards.

We did get to Menard's to get the kits for my closet organizer. I need to go thru the top shelf and get rid of some things---mostly bags and cards. I'll still keep all the homemade Christmas cards I've received, cards to my kids from their Grandparents and "special" ones. Guess that means I don't thrown anything out.
I also need to go through the clothes, but pretty much what's in there I want. I have 4 flannel shirts. I love them. But do I wear them???? not really.
Those of you who have Netflix---have you seen a gal/program that is about letting go of stuff ?---it has Sparkly in the title I think.---or the gal suggests if some item doesn't give you a "sparkly" feeling, get rid of it.
Casey asked me if I had seen it. I think she was hinting I get rid of stuff. LOL

Jojo Noons
Governor
Jojo Noons
In response to Jojo Noons

Hi Donna!! Happy to see you pop in! Hope you were able to get some rest last night. I'm praying for better days and nights for you! Have you on my mind. How has your weather been in Cali? I haven't heard anything about rains or winds. Hope things are now quiet as for the weather.

I say I need to go...and then think of something else I wanted to say.

Cathe, golf is like watching paint dry... Which I've been doing! (Watching paint dry!) The races are better, a bit more excitement.

Ok got to go!

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to scrappin 2

Glad I went back and refreshed. I hadn't seen Betsey nor Jojo's posts.

Betsey- my tortellini soup is not spicy at all. It's more like a chicken soup.
I used to despise watching golf. Now I can watch a few holes. I like Phil Mickelson. I can watch about the last 20 laps of NASCAR. I can't seem to watch an entire game of anything. I'd rather go scrap.

Jojo- I bet those dogs are so cute in the snow.
Is Ebby better inside the house now and not so territorial?
Hope you got Bill off his duff and got the bigger propane tank hooked up.
Did you find out who went up the road?

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to memex9

Jojo said: Betsey, I bet doing those shows was a wonderful time in your life. What fun that must of been. I'my year sure you were in tip top shape moving all those pieces from parking and unpacking... Did you see my post about the Brimfield flea market? I miss going to that ever

I went back four pages and never did ssee your post about Brimfield. If I lived where you do, I would find a way to go there at least for one day. LOL OMG How I love that place.......it's even better than ROund Top in Texas but both are wonderful. If money were no object I often wonder what kind of stuff I would have in my house. ROFL But truthfully the looking and touching and learing never gets old. The stories are fabulous that come with some of these items and some of the dealers are fun to chat with and hear their experiences.......its a world which I truly loved being in for a few short years.....The first time i ever set up at a flea market was in 1973 with Karen as my helper....Kenny built me a great flat cart on wheels that would hold 8 tubs that we could pull to the set up space. In those days they were inside and far from the vehicle. later on I found markets/shows I could just back up to my space and un load. Much easier....then the real big-time hit...and in Atlanta I had porters that helped me unload for a tip. But Brimfield was my favorite place to go and I would go there now if I could.

Edited by memex9 on 02-18-19 06:32 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to memex9

I just looked up the mileage......it's almost a 20 hour drive to Brimfleld and only 15 hours to Round top. ROFL Obviously I have seen my last antique markets at either of those. LOL

I t truly amazes me even now, how far I traveled each month to do shows and find stuff. Amazing.......thousands of miles I put on that truck. It was nothing to drive to Atlanta...(8 hours) or to Kutztown Pa about 16 hours.......for a show and then to go from there to Vermont or Mass or up state NY for another small show something told me about.....wheew..........what the heck was i thinking????

Edited by memex9 on 02-18-19 06:42 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Jojo Noons
Governor
Jojo Noons
In response to memex9

Threw in another load of laundry. Feel like I accomplished something!

Cathe, Ebby is getting better, but now if I scold Brodie about something, Ebby is right there giving him, HER opinion and reinforcement. On one side it seems motherly, on the other, it's like she wants to disipline him. Sometimes I have to tell Ebby to mind her business... LOL!

Betsey, what's a few couple hundred miles more for a show...right? All part if the adventure. Even Franky and Mike from American Pickers say the best deals are found off the cuff, not planned. That's where you'll get the big buy, or find that one special item!
I would like to plan a trip out there (Brimfield) with Elizabeth. A Mom and daughter day, no kids, so we can just roam at our own pace.

ChansGram
Angel
ChansGram
In response to memex9

Good morning- still snowing.

Cathe, yes we bought the vanity and the wall cabinet from Ikea.
I think that lady you’re talking about is something like Kon Marie.
I think her motto is something about if an item doesn’t “spark joy” then get rid of it- etc.

ChansGram
Angel
ChansGram
In response to memex9

Betsey, Mel’s guest bathroom ( or she refers to it as Madeline’s bathroom- her cat) is burgundy and gray. It’s really pretty and I bet yours with the pink added is very pretty.
Mel had carpet installed throughout the house last year and it’s all burgundy!!!
She told me that her kids were criticizing her choice of burgundy carpet! I said it’s your house, if you like it, go for it.
Now, I could never have burgundy carpet throughout my house but to each their own!

ChansGram
Angel
ChansGram
In response to ChansGram

JoJo, you are getting so much done on the she shed!
By spring you’ll be raring to go.
I’m so excited to see it done!
I’m sure the dogs are adorable playing in the snow.
My labs used to love the snow.

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to memex9

Well Lilly has arrived. No school today and so i am having Lilly for the day!!! She is painting with water colors...can't wait to see how that goes. LOL

Hope the surgery for Cheryls Hubby goes ok....Char....taking it easy I hope........Donna....hopefully you are off today too and taking it easy. Miss seeing you hope everything is ok with you.

Jo....keep forgetting to say how much I enjoyed your posts about the grandkids and your visit. I also know how much fun it is to live near the kids and get to see everything they do......I was lucky enough to live near six of mine........and the other five I know little about these days......!!!

ChansGram
Angel
ChansGram
In response to memex9

Betsey, have fun with Lilly.
Did she already hit you up for scrambled eggs?!!

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to memex9

Will be in and out today as Miss Lilly keeps me on my toes. She is really loving painting...with the water colors and is doing a good job. She loves art....and anything crafty along with her love of worms, bugs, and all things critter.

She tells me she was on the boat with Her Daddy yesterday.....and they went to two islands.......one of them required her to swim from the boat to the island.....she says she did fine.......(wearing a life jacket of course) She said Daddy was really proud of her. He is a water guy...with paddle boards, and all of the fun water things...and he has several friends with boats....so she gets to get the best of Florida life.

She is a hoot....can't wait to hear the rest of her stories......lol

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to memex9

Morning ladies, another slow wake-up morning.
I end up going back to bed once dh is up, then half the morning is gone before I crawl out of bed!!

I see everyone is already up and at it today!
Karyol in surgery are already done.
Pray it all goes well.

Think of Char, hope you were able to get a good nights sleep!

Morning Donna, one more day before heading back to school?

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to Sewflake

Betsey, enjoy your Lilly day!!
She will keep you moving and young!

Jojo- I need to get busy myself with laundry and bathroom cleaning!! It would be more fun cutting out a title for my scrappy layout!!

Trish - working on the bathroom again?
Did DS ever come home?
Any scrappy time in your future?

Cathe - looks like you will be spending the day in your closet!

ChansGram
Angel
ChansGram
In response to Sewflake

Good morning Sharon.
Looks like you will be having a whole new routine.

I would assume at some point we will work on the bathroom but we’re in no hurry.
I need to get to WM for a grocery run at some point- but I don’t want to. I don’t want to go alone and to answer your next question- No, DS still isn’t home.
Which my plan was that he and I would go grocery shopping.

I text with him last night and he said “ looks like I’m staying here again tonight” - I said, looks like it ( it was already getting late) I said, your “shorts” have got to be stinking by now!
He said yeah and probably won’t fit much longer cause man can this girl cook!

And I think it was Di that asked how old she was?
I don’t know how old she is.
All I know is she has a 13 yr old daughter.

I haven’t asked anything about her.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to memex9

I'm in trouble!!
Every thing I own, makes me "Sparkle"!!!!!!!

I have a pretty box from Michael's that I put items that have great meaning to me. I have not been through it in awhile. I've spent way too much time looking through it.
I photographed all my old cut outs--------some are missing.
I can't bear to throw them out.

so far I have a camera that takes film and 3 sweatpants in the donate bag. Help me!!! LOL

bears99
Diva
bears99

Ok. We are on our way home finally. Stayed over extra day because Roy’s tractor tires weren’t in on Saturday but were this morning.

I have my appointments set up in North Platte for the testing. I was going down to stay with Kristi’s kids for a few days the end of Feb so filled the days. I have my last Botox shots Thursday feb 28 and also an MRI that day. The next morning after I get kids off th school and day care I have a bone marrow biopsy at 9:30 and on Monday March 4 I have a PET scan scheduled. Whew! Lots of lie still on my back testing!!

ChansGram
Angel
ChansGram
In response to bears99

Jo, that is a lot to keep straight!
I’m sure by now you know how to make it all work.

DH and I went to lunch and Walmart.
Didn’t do as much shopping as I wanted but enough to get us by.
Neither of us feel like working on the bathroom - so be it.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to ChansGram

DH’s surgery went well but did require a stent to keep the vein open.

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 02-18-19 03:51 PM
In response to cdjohnson

Cheryl, so glad to hear Karyol's surgery went well and he is home.

Supper is cooking so I have a few more minutes to catch up here. I have boneless chicken breasts, peas and mashed potato tonight. I am starved and it is 6:30 already. We eat late.

Betsey, I bet you enjoyed your Lilly day today. How often to you have her now? How is Matt doing? and do you see MacKenzie often too?

That motorcycle on the card that I used on my Max layout was one I picked off the giveaway table at the crop. I thought it would go well on Max's page! Thank you! I picked up quite a few of your things I think. I can't remember who I got the die cuts from!

I think Robbie a wonderful guy the way he takes Lilly so often and he and Ally aren't really an item now are they?

Trish, I love the bathroom! You really have a great eye for decorating. I have been watching Love It or List it lately and can't get over some of the homes that get torn apart because they are outdated according to the owners. My whole house is outdated! They would have fun re-dong this house!

Did your son ever come home? Are your girls on vacation this week? Schools are here but I am sure they are different in other parts of the country.

Di, why were you up at 3:00 am this morning? Couldn't sleep? Did you stay up?

Cathe,I have never made tortellini soup. Can you send me the recipe either here on PM? Betsey said she makes it too.

I do not like car racing on television...I do not like golf and I also do not like boxing! I cringe when Allen has them on!

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to cdjohnson

Cheryl- Glad that is over. Hopefully the stent will keep it open.

Jo- that is a lot of testing. I'll be hoping and praying for good results.

Trish- the bathroom will keep.

I got the top of my closet cleaned off.
I had to run to Menard's for a cover that goes over the paint roller.
I realized I can't paint till I get ALL the stuff out of there, so I started putting my clothes on the twin bed in the scrap room. I had to stop. My thumb hurts and have other aches. I did do some exercises this morning. I was not meant to exercise.

Rayn's dance showcase is at 7:30. I do not want to go, but on Saturday I told her how excited I was to see it. She seemed excited (as much excitement that she shows) that I was going.
It's at a church about 25 minutes away. It will be dark. I don't really want to go............oh I said that.

Char - is the bp down?

Donna- missing you and hearing about Kerry, Bubs and the girls.

Have a nice evening.

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 02-18-19 03:58 PM
In response to Tishd

Josie I do not envy your laying on your back for all your testing. After I had that breast surgery almost two weeks ago, my back killed me for over a week. I am thinking it was because I was lying on my back and out so I couldn't adjust my back to be comfortable. I do remember someone putting a pillow under my knees before I went off to la la land.

I am glad you are able to spend time with your family!

Jojo I can picture Ebby and Brodie now playing and romping in the snow. The other day I was wishing we had another cat for Alpo but with his attitude, he would be a snob I am sure!

Hannah's room sounds like it is coming along nicely. And your she shed too. You will love it when done. A nice little get-a-way spot for you and all your own!

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 02-18-19 04:03 PM
In response to Tishd

Sharon, I also seem to go back to bed mornings and then the day is half gone. I do not have any excuse for going back to bed but I do because I can and because I like too. I love my bed especially this time of year when it is cold and dreary outside.

I wonder if it is ever going to warm up here. Usually in February the days start to warm up. Not so this year...yet.

Oliver gets me up around five am, wants to eat and go outside so I blame him for my going back to bed!

DId you get a chance to scrap today?

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 02-18-19 04:04 PM
In response to Tishd

Char, how are you feeling today? I hope the BP is under control. Are they changing any of your meds?

Donna thinking of you and praying each day is better for you.

ChansGram
Angel
ChansGram
In response to Tishd

Went to American Furniture with Mel.
She is wanting to replace the furniture she bought just a year or so ago. She has her reasons.
We also stopped at the dollar store.

Dinner here was my leftover black eyed pea lunch for him
( chicken strips ) and I am having one of my frozen turkey dinners.
He is putting apple turnovers in the oven for dessert.

And no, DS still not home.
Gosh, I’m starting to wonder??

Tish, no, my girls are not off this week- they will have spring break in March.

Cheryl, glad your DHs surgery went help.
Hope it helps him.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to ChansGram

Hi. I got home from my daughter's house at 2:30 and had to take a nap. Slept for 2 hours. I had fun with the kids. Dorina has been sewing up a storm and we had lots to talk about. Today she refilled a bobbin, put it in the machine and threaded the upper part all by herself, first time. She was pleased. Daelen does not stop babbling.. the only time he wasn't was when he's filling his mouth. He'd tell me a story and laugh, like it was a funny story. darling boy.

Trish; we have burgundy carpet in our bedroom. I love it even though it shows any speck of 'whatever'. I would not want it through the whole house though. It's starting to look a little worn and I will put the same color in again. The bedroom is gold and burgundy.

I'm glad Karyol's surgery went wella nd hope the stent helps. You must be exhausted Cheryl.

Betsey, Lily is so lucky to have Robbie in her life. Gosh what a guy.. The love and responsibility he has for her is amazing.

Cathe, I sparkle also. My daughter has been watching some lady's podcasts about de stashing. If something doesn't give you joy when you hold it, get rid of it.

Josie, lots of tests at the end of the month. You get to see family and get those accomplished.

Tish, I seem to have trouble cooking chicken breasts so they are tender and not dry. What is your trick?

need dinner... bbl

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to Sewflake

Jojo, it's fun to hear about the dogs.. maybe someday Ebby will come to Brodie's defense when you scold him. Hope you get Hannah's room done soon.

Sharon, new schedule, new day for you... is the crop you going to one with the same lady? I haven't decided if I want to go to a crop end of December.. need to make up my mind.

ChansGram
Angel
ChansGram
In response to Sunnydi

Geez- DS finally made it home.
Haven’t seen him since Thursday after work.

Di, I love that Dori is interested in learning to sew from you
Very sweet.
How cute that the baby is a talker!!

charK
charK 
Governor
charK
  • charK on 02-18-19 05:50 PM
In response to ChansGram

Diana your telling us about Daelen and his talking reminds me of my mom. She would sit with a baby in her lap and say tell me a story. Then the baby would babble and she’d talk back to them like she knew what they were saying. Such serious conversations. Lol

charK
charK 
Governor
charK
  • charK on 02-18-19 05:56 PM
In response to charK

Trish I would expect my son to text me if he was not going to be home. Especially for 3 days.

Sounds like this new girl knows how to snag a guy. Through his stomach and shorts. Lol

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to charK

Card I made for a challenge:

Celebrate Today - Sketch #1 Feb. Card Sketch By Cdjohnson

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to ChansGram

Di - I had to giggle over the Daelen story. I can just picture the babbling and laughter at the end of what I am sure he thought was a fun story!!! Ah the days when all it takes to amuse the kiddos is a bit of your time!!

Yes, the crop I am going to is done at Sherrie's store, in fact all of the crops I go to will be at her store. The boys have it worked out where they come and stay with their dad while I am gone.

De stashing is not easy no matter what you are trying to get rid of. In my scrapping I find that I often want to use the item I got rid a few months before!
Clothing seems like such a waste to get rid of it as there is nothing wrong with it and I might wear it. Now if it no longer fits that is another story and easier to discard! Sparkle, do I sparkle with any other possession than scrap supplies?? Guess that is why I keep buying them, I would never sparkle otherwise!!

Trish - glad DS is home, I was getting worried!

Tish- you bet, the bed is still comfy and cozy first thing in the morning. I gt dh set, give him the TV remote the its easy to slip back in for a couple more hours sleep.

Cathe - you are at Rayns dance showcase and probably had a good time. Does Rum ever go with you to these things?

I did get a change to scrap but mostly it is more about being motivated to get it done than having the time to do it!!

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to Sewflake

Here is the page I did. It started off with stamping and cutting the palm tree then I had to find some way to use it... decided on a scrap page instead of a card, then had to find pictures, then a "sketch" that would use 5 photos, then papers. The easy part was the title with three layers. I did ink the edges with ground espresso by Ranger. I love that dark brown that is not quite as stark as using black.
Beach: Summer Paradise By Sewflake

charK
charK 
Governor
charK
  • charK on 02-18-19 06:12 PM
In response to charK

I have felt better today. Very tired. All of my joints hurt.

Last radiation treatment tomorrow. I can’t wait to be done.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to charK

Another card:

Let’s Celebrate - #2 Feb. Card Sketch Challenge By Cdjohnson

ChansGram
Angel
ChansGram
In response to cdjohnson

Char, so happy tomorrow is THE day!
Now on to healing!
DS did text me each day and let me know he wasn’t coming home.

Sharon, great job getting all the parts to make a LO!
Any time I try to find a sketch with X amount of pics I usually give up before I find one I like.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to ChansGram

Good morning!!!

Char- Last day of treatment!!! So glad for you!!!
Now those burns can heal and hopefully you'll start feeling better!

Cheryl and Sharon- great new creations. Love seeing them.

Sharon- Glad to hear the boys have worked out staying with D ick so you can get away and scrap.

No, Rum doesn't go to the kids things------the putz. I think he feels that they are so young that it's not a big deal.
However when Nev got to high school he went to many of her track meets.
He has gone to some of Van's soccer games.
You know it's one of those things you don't know about your spouse when you are dating . If I'd known if he was like this I probably wouldn't have gotten so involved with him.
When we went to a funeral a few month back, the 3 granddaughters talked about all the things their Grandpa did with them. It makes me very sad that Rum doesn't do things with our Grandkids. I don't know what their memories will be.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2

Di- I love how Daelen babbles and tells his stories. How precious.
It's wonderful that Dori has taken up sewing and following in your footsteps.
December is so far off, I'd have a hard time committing to a crop that is that far off.

Trish- Glad your son texted you.
Sounds like things are moving too fast between them. ........yet like you say he's an adult.

I plan on painting my closet today so I better get off my duff.
I guess I need to rest my hands and wrist though. My right hand has been falling asleep at night. It hasn't done that in ages. Rum would tell me "well you're in that scrap room all day". LOL

Jojo Noons
Governor
Jojo Noons
In response to ChansGram

Morning!!

Brodie is sure giving us all great benefits... I am going to bed earlier and getting up earlier. Bill is on morning duties with taking them out in the morning and feeding Brodie. Ebby, as us all are getting out and getting some sort of exercise.

Need to finish up letters today to NH legislators.

I plan on scrapping this afternoon, hopefully.

Bill stepped up and painted the other three top halves of Hannah's walls. Now she and I will do the bottom halves and the trim. Hope to finish this up today as well. I can't wait to get everything back in her room and straighten up downstairs. Bill will do her closet, I need to vacuum her rug properly before moving furniture back in.

Josie, good to hear everything is scheduled, praying for continued good results and a plan of treatment as I said I think before... If not, I prayed for it! Wishing you well as always!

Donna, I'm praying your days seem brighter. Hope everyone else... Ellen, Bubba, Michelle and Kerry are well also.

Bitter cold today, but should warm a bit as we go through the week. Snow coming Wed. night into Thurs., a few inches expected.

Sharon, loved your LO! You do such nice work!

Got go get cracking.... coffee is kicking in...

Have a great day Ladies!!

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake

Morning ladies
I did get up earlier today - had a quick cup of coffee then got dh a shower and dressed then took my shower - Fed dh while I straightened the kitchen and started the dishwasher brought the paper and empty trash can to the house, Now I am ready for my second cup of coffee.
Cloudy and rainy today which it is suppose to be all week.

Jojo- sounds like you are getting a lot done in the house and with your she shed. Even Bill is helping some...yes! It makes all the chores go faster when you have help.

Cathe- I have to give my mom 5 gold stars for her continued involvement in her great grand kids activities. She did that the whole last years of her life. Not so much in her grand kids activities but then we never lived close when they were growing up. Dh goes to all activities as long as he is able, the last one was a football game this last August.
Kids know and remember!!

Char - happy thoughts today as you get thru your last radiation, then time to allow healing of the area.

Cheryl, how is Karyol doing with his surgery?

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 02-19-19 08:58 AM
In response to Sewflake

Good morning ladies!

Char! Today is the last day of radiation - Hooray! I hope the breast area heals soon and you do not have so much pain i n that area.

I go back to the surgeon tomorrow. My breast has looked much worse than it feels. It has been so bruised and black and blue looking and looks awful where the tap has been. I think I have an allergy to the tape!

Cold and windy here again today. So tired of the cold. I can deal with the snow it is the cold I am tired of. The cat goes out and stays a few minutes then scoots back in. Then he runs around looking out all the windows he can get to and then wants to go out again. I get my daily exercise getting up and down for him. Pain in my butt!

Sharon my teal cutting pads came today and also an embossing folder that I forgot I ordered! I have never had any embossing folders. This is a first. It is called Darice. If I like it, I am sure I will get more (that is if I can figure out how to use it!) It looks pretty simple.

I can understand how to use it when making cards but how does one use it on 12 x 12 layouts? or do you? I really need to start watching some Youtube videos!

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 02-19-19 09:10 AM
In response to Tishd

Trish, Allen and I both like the frozen TV dinners for lunch. What kind do you usually get? I like the Stouffers the best. Some I do not care for at all. Yesterday I had one of the Lean Cuisines. It was sweet and sour chicken with rice. I didn't care for the sweetness!

Glad son is home to get clean undies! LOL.....

Di, I think the secret to cooking chicken breasts is not to overcook them. I don't know. Yesterday I just seasoned them well and smeared them with mayo and cooked 45 minutes. They were yummy and not tough. There are so many ways to cook chicken breasts!

We have a mauve carpet in our bedroom. I am so sick of it! I think we had it put down when there seemed to be a blue and mauve craze. I can't remember. If we were younger, we would have it ripped up and sand down the old wide pine boards that are under.

Cathe, I am not good now about going to Max and Abbi's things at school. We used to attend all of our own children's sporting events and school events but now it seems like Allen is the one that goes to Abbi's soccer games. I feel guilty about not getting to her band things and games. Max is not a kid that is in much.

I am sure your grandchildren with have wonderful memories of both you and Rum!!! You are a wonderful Grammie!

Good morning to everyone...It is now noon!

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to Tishd

Tish, I have used it on layouts when using solid card stock as a layer. The embossing give it a little texture and dimension.

The snowflakes on the layering strip.
A Very Merry Christmas By Sewflake

I would use that technique more often but usually forget and wish I had done it AFTER gluing everything down!

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to ChansGram

• ChansGram Said:

Any time I try to find a sketch with X amount of pics I usually give up before I find one I like.

10 years or so, ago, I made a notebook with Tabs: 1 photo, 2 photos, 3 photos, on up to 6. Then When I found sketches or layouts Using so many photos I'd print copy and tape it on paper, filing after proper tab. I use it constantly and still add sketches occasionally.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to Sunnydi

Char, so happy for you to be done with radiation. Whew, what a pain..... Hope your injuries heal fast. What a relief for you.

Tish, I do as Sharon does, use embossed paper on layout. It gives them a 'punch'. Don't feel guilty about not getting to your grandchildren's events. You are still involved and loving.

Cathe, the grands will have their own memories of Rum. Not the ones you'd like to see though. I grew up without grandparents so they're lucky.

Dale is going to watch Daelen today while Dorina goes to the dentist. It'll only be about 1.5 hours. So good for those two. Dale and Dael.

Jojo, how good that Bill helped in Hannah's room. You all will be glad when it's done.

I see a doctor Thursday for my knee. Wish it was today.

Bbl

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 02-19-19 12:20 PM
In response to Sewflake

I understand now Sharon. So you use it on a piece of cardstock that you plan on using as one of your layers? I just watched a youtube video too. Sometimes I am so dense! lol

I laid down and tried to take a nap but couldn't. Don't really feel up to par today for some reason.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to Tishd

Closet is painted.
I ache. knee/neck/wrists

Char- All done!! Yay!!! Now to heal up.

Jojo- It's nice Bill helped getting Hannah's room done.
Dogs do make you walk or get out of the house.
Do you have to worry about snowmobile-rs coming thru and hitting the dogs?
Hope you got to get creative today.

Tish- Well at least when Oliver is inside, you don't have to worry where he is.
Maybe you are allergic to the tape.
I use the embossing folders mostly on cards. It would be fun to incorporate embossing as part of a challenge.........I don't know if everyone has embossing folders though.

Di- you are such an organized person............referring to your tab organization for sketches. I did have a notebook where I sketched ideas , but my sketch wasn't very good and I had a hard time deciphering by drawing. LOL
Sorry your knee is so sore. ugh!

I just look on Pinterest on in the gallery here for ideas.

I'm so tired of my chicken being tough. I hate that they are so large. What are they feeding these birds anyway??? Plus I can't find any with the skin still on the breast.

The name of the gal who does the organizing is Marie Kondo. she's on You Tube.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi

Cathe, now that you mentioned it, I don't see breasts with skin on them anymore either. Interesting. We're being forced to eat healthier. I was never one to eat skin but most of my family did. so sorry you are now sore... hope you heal fast.

I'm cutting out pieces for Dorina's birthday banners... on the cricut of course. While it's running I'm watching reruns of Bob Newhart's show where he owned the in in Vermont.. I love that show.

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9

• Jojo Noons Said:
Threw in another load of laundry. Feel like I accomplished something!

Cathe, Ebby is getting better, but now if I scold Brodie about something, Ebby is right there giving him, HER opinion and reinforcement. On one side it seems motherly, on the other, it's like she wants to disipline him. Sometimes I have to tell Ebby to mind her business... LOL!

Betsey, what's a few couple hundred miles more for a show...right? All part if the adventure. Even Franky and Mike from American Pickers say the best deals are found off the cuff, not planned. That's where you'll get the big buy, or find that one special item!
I would like to plan a trip out there (Brimfield) with Elizabeth. A Mom and daughter day, no kids, so we can just roam at our own pace.

In those days you are right...a couple of hundred more miles was no big deal. ROFL Today...it' s a very big deal.

I hope you get to go and you can send me photos......of some of the booths....there are some that I could just load the whole thing into my truck and be thrilled. ROFL

I really hope you get to go just to go and have a great day.....if they all like old stuff then that's the place to be but you sure can't see all of Brimfield in one day. And in fact I am not sure you can see it all in one weekend......!!!!

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to memex9

100 Days of School By Scrappin 2

Tish --see I lifted your idea using the punch and pattern paper down the left side.

and then there was YOU By Scrappin 2

Betsey--see the little girl you gave me awhile back. I love her so much I hated using her. I thought about making my own in pinks but it wouldn't have been as cute as yours. You have a way with them. Thank you.

Edited by scrappin 2 on 02-19-19 03:08 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2

Baby By Scrappin 2

Momma's Little Man and Daddy's Best Bud By Scrappin 2

Edited by scrappin 2 on 02-19-19 03:10 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to memex9

Well I did enjoy my Lilly day but by 3:3o I was pretty tired. However, Karen and Rachael came and got her about that time which was fine with me. She did a watercolor of one of her LOL bablies......she is really going to be quite good at art I think....she had me help her draw the doll but she did all of the painting and it's truly lovely.......

We went to McD's for a kids lunch and boy she knows just how she wants it....LOL And took it to the park for a picnic and then she played on all of the stuff.....but couldn't find anyone her age...lots of little kids. We thought maybe someone would be there from her school but nope.....she made friends with two girls but then they had to leave...however she plays well by her self anyway. We finally left and came home just as karen called as asked if she and Rachael could come get her.......!

Speaking of Rachael she had big news........she and Nate are expecting a baby in Mid September. Very exciting.....now I know why she quit her job and went to work for PLACE. This should be interesting..........!!!!! At least Amanda will have now two on her side......ROFL

I will be a great grandmother again.........in September. OMG another Sept/Oct birthday...........I swear Karen s family needs to get their months straight. We already have overload beginning August through Nov 12. I think we have 8 or 9 birthdays from Aug 21 through Nov 12. it's crazy. !!!! So now another to be added. She said her due date is September 14. And if that baby knows whats good for him/her he/she will be born on that day. not a day later. ROFL

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to memex9

Tish....Robbie picks Lilly up from school on Wed afternoon, takes her there on Thursday morning........and then gets her again on Friday or Saturday almost every weekend and brings her home Sunday night. So he has ner almost every weekend....always on Sunday if he doesn't get her on Saturday. She basically lives in two houses.....! She seems fine with that.....but she doesn't really know much different. She was only not quite three when they parted...so she has lived that way most of her memory.

Robbie is her DAD......he takes full responsibility for being her Daddy and his family treats her as such also. He helps Ally with things for Lilly like Dance, school fees, or anything extra that she needs......They seem to have worked that all out between them........nothing is legal just an agreement with them and many times they do stuff together......all holidays they are together, her birthday party was at his house......this year... and it's quite the thing to watch. I admire him so much but he truly loves that little girl and so she is very very lucky.

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to Sewflake

• Sewflake Said:
Tish, I have used it on layouts when using solid card stock as a layer. The embossing give it a little texture and dimension.

The snowflakes on the layering strip.
A Very Merry Christmas By Sewflake

I would use that technique more often but usually forget and wish I had done it AFTER gluing everything down!

I use my embossing many times with this type of layout. Especially when its cardstock but have used it on some small pattern papers too and it's always interesting...at least to me. This is a great example....

Darice is the brand of the embossing folder you bought. JoAnns sells that brand here very inexpensive and they have sales sometimes 3 /$8. Cant beat that.......!!!!

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to memex9

Betsey, congrats to Rachel, Nate you the Meme. you made me lol over all the birthdays being so close. I'm sure you were tired by afternoon with Lily. You do a lot with her and she's lucky.

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to Sunnydi

Thanks Diana.......I am wondering if this one will be a boy!!! Lilly is very excited that Auntie Rachie is having a baby....and mostly that she will have another cousin. LOL

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to memex9

Congratulations Betsey on the upcoming Great Grandchild!

It is wonderful that you have so much fun with Lilly.
It is really too bad that Ally and Rob didn't get married.
Does anyone hear from Hannah?

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9

• scrappin 2 Said:
Congratulations Betsey on the upcoming Great Grandchild!

It is wonderful that you have so much fun with Lilly.
It is really too bad that Ally and Rob didn't get married.
Does anyone hear from Hannah?

i DON'T think being married would have changed one thing....he did not want to be involved with her drinking. He grew up with an Alcoholic Dad and I really do think that was the issue. they get along pretty well and seem to truly care about each other.... and have Lilly's best interest at heart. So I truly don't think being married would have mattered in this case. I think he stayed in that as long as he did because of Lilly.........but that's only my opinion. He loves our family and he loves Lilly and who could ask for more????

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to memex9

Good evening!! Karyol seems to be doing ok after surgery. It is raining like crazy here which we do not need. They have put the flood gates up due to the river rising so high.

Char - Hope you start healing from your treatments.

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 02-19-19 05:09 PM
In response to cdjohnson

Another great grandbaby, Betsey! I am so happy for you and the family!

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to Tishd

Good evening it has been a blah kind of day. I don't feel like doing anything.

Yea on a new great grand baby due this year.

Glad Karyol is doing well, hope it continues.
I remember seeing the flood wall with gates when visiting Paducah during a quilt show years back.
I remember the murals they had painted on them.
Hope it is enough to protect the downtown.
Then you will have the melting snow coming too.

You have your little book done and ready to go don't you Cathe?
You might have to take a few pictures and print them while there to get the book started.
I know working with the 8x8 was not your ideal but the new mom will not have to find many pictures to fill each page.

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to Sewflake

Trish, did you get everything done that you wanted to do?

Jojo- how is the bedroom coming.

Jo- how is everything on the ranch? Glad you had some days away but it always seems good to get back home again.

Char- today was the last of radiation...

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Sewflake

I participated in a loaded tag swap that our sweet Donna is hosting for Renae Bouquets. Donna was my partner. Here is what I made for her:

Loaded tag for Donna By Cdjohnson

Tags inside Donna’s loaded tag By Cdjohnson

Base of loaded tag for Donna By Cdjohnson

ChansGram
Angel
ChansGram
In response to Sewflake

JCI.

Betsey, congrats to you on the new grand!
How exciting.

Cheryl, glad your DH seems to be doing ok since his surgery.

Worked on my bathroom today.
Then had the school run pick up.
Came back and worked more on my bathroom.
Sitting now and getting ready to have some bread pudding.
It’s cookiing, baking, whatever, and the house smells wonderful!

ChansGram
Angel
ChansGram
In response to Tishd

We get the bone in chicken breast w/ skin only once in a while.
DDs hubby is a meat cutter so when he sees they are coming in and going on sale he always texts me and asks if I want any.
I usually get 3 big family packs.
Have one in the freezer right now.
Hmm maybe that could be dinner tomorrow.
I fry it with onion then simmer the daylights outta it -
meat gets so tender it literally falls off the bone.
It makes gravy to die for-we have it over rice!
That’s my DDs fave meal and she says she gets the “ gravy sweats” when she eats it!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to ChansGram

Dropping off:

Congrats - #3 Feb. Card Sketch Challenge By Cdjohnson

Jojo Noons
Governor
Jojo Noons
In response to charK

Hello

Cheryl, happy Karyol's surgery went well. Hope the stent does the trick. Good Karyol can get right back to his dyalisis.

Tish, we got a good 4,5 inches today. Dry and fluffy. Which has been the case since the big storm, then it rained and got cold, so everything is an ice slab under this dry snow. Being dry and fluffy, it isn't sticking to the ice, so everywhere is very icy. I went off the bottom step today when taking the dogs out. The days are getting longer, sun sun stronger...3:30 looks much brighter to me as of course 5:00 when the sun is now staring to set... Come on Spring! Weather wise, I'm ready! We are going to have quite the spring thaw with all this snow. I haven't heard of any storms on the horizon... Hope it stays that way.

Head cold is bothersome. Took a 2 hour nap again today. I didn't go to bed early last night and was up early this morning. I so needed it.

Fast forward to 10:29 p.m. OIY! Guess I didn't post. This cold is kicking my butt.

Going to bed. Will chime in tomorrow.

Now... Looking at the preview before I go and post, this might be from yesterday. Totally confused!

Don't mind me... Just feeling Cr a ppy, totally dazed and confused with this cold. If from yesterday, I napped today as well. Today is Tuesday, I think... LOL!

OH disregard. I have no idea. Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake

Jojo - sounds like that cold has kicked you a good one!!
Sleep eat rest repeat til its gone!

More storms on the horizon but it can't last forever!
Just seems like it.

Cheryl, glad you are getting some cards and scrapping done, I just don't have the mojo for it!

I have decided if I don't get any pages done for this crop then I will just cut dies all day!!!

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to Sewflake

Say, if your families like Mexican type food another easy meal is chicken tacos.
You pick up a cooked rotisserie chicken from your favorite store, pull all the meat off the bones and put it in a crock pot.
Take a cup of water and mix in 1 package of Mexican seasoning (envelope of taco seasoning is what I used...McCormick), then pour over the chicken.
Cook on low for several hours, about 3.
Stir about every 45 minutes.
The chicken is tasty and tender, great for tacos, enchiladas, Quesadillas what have you. You can even freeze the leftover meat for later use if there are only two people eating it, like dh and I.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Sewflake

This card is not crooked in person but I am too tired to photo it again and need to get to bed.

Penguin - #4 Feb. Card Sketch Challenge By Cdjohnson

ChansGram
Angel
ChansGram
In response to cdjohnson

Sharon, that sounds good.
I’ll try to remember that.

This dang hives just won’t go away.
I’m even on more prednisone than I’m suppose to be.
Got the itchy and scratchy show goin on here.

ChansGram
Angel
ChansGram
In response to ChansGram

Up early, itching and miserable.
Not going to bother trying to go back to sleep.
Have to get up at 7 anyway for school.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to Sewflake

• Sewflake Said:
Say, if your families like Mexican type food another easy meal is chicken tacos.
You pick up a cooked rotisserie chicken from your favorite store, pull all the meat off the bones and put it in a crock pot.
Take a cup of water and mix in 1 package of Mexican seasoning, then pour over the chicken.
Cook on low for several hours, about 3.
Stir about every 45 minutes.
The chicken is tasty and tender, great for tacos, enchiladas, Quesadillas what have you. You can even freeze the leftover meat for later use if there are only two people eating it, like dh and I.

I make this a lot especially when everyone is coming over. I use boneless chicken breasts because I need a lot. I don't put water on mine. I pour the pkg of seasoning on the chicken and then pour Salsa over it. So easy!!

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2

Good morning!!

We had a bit of snow. But, we're under a winter advisory all day. Freezing rain, will continue all day.
Last night on the weather Candice the meteorologist showed 3 different storm systems coming. One was way out over the ocean. But there was a 40 degree temp on Sat. but the chart shows rain.
Yes, there will be flooding.
I ordered two poles from Home Depot for my closet organizer. One came with a shelf kit, but I need two more, not needing the shelf. The lady on the phone for ClosetMaid was amazing. Great customer service. She told me our Home D had 8 and it would be cheaper to go get them there than ordering from her.
Only if it is freezing rain today I don't want to drive over to HD to get them.

Char- I bet you're a happy camper this morning knowing radiation is done!!!

Donna- if you check in. Hugs. Did you have Monday off?

Cheryl- your loaded envelopes are wonderful. I love that pink fluffy stuff and the cute pink bows.
Cute cards too of course.

TRrish- well those darn hives!! I bet you wonder if they will ever go away!

Sharon- good point that Laura won't have to put many photos in the album with it being 8x8.

Jojo- sleep is a good thing when you don't feel good. Go with it.

My SIL, Andie (Mark's wife) called last night to tell me she's so glad I'm coming. .............and how nice it is that I'll be representing this side of the family. Andie is an only child, no cousins, no parents living. At least daughter Jill and her family are near her. Laura lives in Tx.

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to Sunnydi

• Sunnydi Said:
Cathe, now that you mentioned it, I don't see breasts with skin on them anymore either. Interesting. We're being forced to eat healthier. I was never one to eat skin but most of my family did. so sorry you are now sore... hope you heal fast.

I'm cutting out pieces for Dorina's birthday banners... on the cricut of course. While it's running I'm watching reruns of Bob Newhart's show where he owned the in in Vermont.. I love that show.

I agree we are being forced to eat things the way they want to cut and sell them. no bones in beef cuts anymore and no skin on chicken and it totally pizzzzes me off. I want skin on my chicken because that is what keeps it moist and good, whether I eat it or not should be my choice not some meat butchers....also no more bones in any of the chuck steak, round steak or even sirlonin steaks cuts. The bones are what gives the slow cooking items flavor........There was a cut called "round steak" with a round bone in it.....it's what I used to make my Mom's "swiss steak" with canned tomatoes etc. And it was a slow cook on the top of the stove and the meat could be cut like butter...it was fabulous. I have tried every cut that says its round steak and nothing even comes close to the old ways. I HATE the way meat/poultry is cut these days. A good chuck pot roast always had bone in it...it's what make it so good. And yes I am sure people bitched about having to pay for the bone weight but little did they know it's what has changed the way stuff tastes........at least tha'ts my take on the meat thing. I would love to find a store that cut meat the old way.....and left skin on chicken breasts. And all of it for that matter. Does anyone remember when you could buy the Pix of the Chix package in the meat case? It was frying/broiling chicken pcs with skin on with no back or neck just the good pcs. You got two of everything.........and it was so good.

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to ChansGram

• ChansGram Said:
Up early, itching and miserable.
Not going to bother trying to go back to sleep.
Have to get up at 7 anyway for school.

Me too!!!!!!! My doctor told me to just live with it....as the meds I take are the best and the only ones that will keep me off of oxygen the longest.........as I sit here this morning itching everywhere I wish he were here to see what this is really like........I don't know if this is worth it.....!!!!! Although I love being able to breathe......the price is getting higher and higher. So I totally sympathize with how you are feeling...

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to Sewflake

• Sewflake Said:
Jojo - sounds like that cold has kicked you a good one!!
Sleep eat rest repeat til its gone!

More storms on the horizon but it can't last forever!
Just seems like it

Cheryl, glad you are getting some cards and scrapping done, I just don't have the mojo for it!

I have decided if I don't get any pages done for this crop then I will just cut dies all day!!!

While watching the weather last night or I should say in the middle of the night while itching.....I saw that huge storm moving through the middle of the country and noticed that you are in it's path. I hate to say it but sunny this morning blue skies a few little fluffy clouds and its almost 75 already. So sorry about your weather.......but in a few months you will wish for a day like this. LOL

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to ChansGram

• ChansGram Said:
We get the bone in chicken breast w/ skin only once in a while.
DDs hubby is a meat cutter so when he sees they are coming in and going on sale he always texts me and asks if I want any.
I usually get 3 big family packs.
Have one in the freezer right now.
Hmm maybe that could be dinner tomorrow.
I fry it with onion then simmer the daylights outta it -
meat gets so tender it literally falls off the bone.
It makes gravy to die for-we have it over rice!

That’s my DDs fave meal and she says she gets the “ gravy sweats” when she eats it!

Mine too...........but I am a gravy girl........my mother made gravy with almost everything....it was my DAD who was the gravy person in our house and I inherited that gene for sure.....LOL

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to memex9

Char........so happy your radiation days are over with......YAY!!!!!! Now you can get on with the healing...!!!!

Its almost 9 :30......so here is a coffee break for everyone...

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to memex9

Morning

I wonder if Donna is working?? She's obviously struggling and I pray daily for her.

I'm so so sorry for you itchy grans. After I had shingles on my back I itched there for 6 months.. but it did go away, mostly. It's like I know I have skin back there, always.. weird. anyhow, not your issues but I blabbler

Jojo, not funny but it was to me... your post was so disjointed but so cute.. I'm glad you went ahead and posted it. Hope the head cold leaves soon. I hate those. Again, your moon pictures on FB are the best.

Cheryl; glad KAryol is doing better. Your pocket for Donna is beautiful and I know she'll love it. You do the best cards and having cropped with you I now know how fast you are... I'm jealous. pokey me

My friend Shirley tripped in her hallway yesterday and fractured a shoulder.. she's having surgery today. oh my, awful. I forgot to ask which shoulder.. hope it's her left as she's right handed.. I'll talk to her hubby later today.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi

Cathe, how nice Andie called you.. obvious she's grateful.. Bless you for going. It'll be different without Mark, but a baby is a wonderful thing to celebrate.

Betsey, I remember packages of chicken, packed on real long foam, that had two of everything with skin on.. Mom always bought them and she made good friend chicken.. I never have. She said I didn't have enough patience and had to cook less at a time..

Not much going on today, want to stay off knee as much as possible. I'm going to work on birthday banners and that allows me to sit down. I'm tired of them though. I'm spoiling her, again, and making two: one for her friends party (Parisian theme), and one for small family party (St. Patrick's Day theme). I'm 60% done.

bbl

Jojo Noons
Governor
Jojo Noons
In response to Sunnydi

Up and struggling. Coffee isn't working. May go back to bed...

Betsey, congratulations on a baby coming in September!

Trish, sorry about those d a m n hives!

Di... My mind is NOT functioning AT ALL!

Sharon, I make Hannah the chicken, peppers, onions with enchilada sauce. Wrapped in a tortilla with cheese heated through, all the time. I love them too. Billy doesn't. How do you spell fahita... I just can't. Brain won't work.

Cathe, last I posted there were no storms on the horizon. Guess we are getting 3-6 late tonight into tomorrow. Probably same storm you're getting now...

UNCLE!!!!

I'd comment more, but I just can't.
I'm exhausted

I'm going back to bed...

Have a great day ladies!

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to Sunnydi

Ouch Di your friend must have fractured her shoulder pretty bad to need surgery!

Jojo, I saw photos of Hannah's bedroom, its looking sophisticated and trendy!
Hope you are feeling better each day!

Char, celebrate no radiation day!!!

Cathe, hope you can get out and get the poles you need for your closet! The weather you are having is the kind where you just stay indoors and get projects done!!!

Speaking of doing projects, as soon as I switch laundry I am cleaning my craft room.
I keep saying that but there are always other areas that need to be cleaned and I run out of steam by the time I get to my room!!!

Trish, dang ole hives!!! dang dang dang...

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to Sewflake

Well seems I missed a couple of posts when writing mine.
Sorry you are still feeling so crappy Jojo, bed is a wonderful place to be today!!!

Foggy, cloudy, misty here with rain later today.
UGH...
I'm going I'm going to clean now!

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 02-20-19 09:06 AM
In response to Sewflake

Sorry you are not feeling well Jojo. I hope you can rest.

I am back from doctors office. I had to get up and leave here at 8:00 am and go out in the cold! BRRRRRR, I am beginning to think we need to go someplace warm to live! I told Allen we would be complaining about the heat in a few months!

All is well. Dr. Joyce said no Cancer cells!!! So happy to hear that. I did not really think there were but with the symptoms I was having they had to check. I had what is called a duct hyperplasia. She removed the duct and old blood under the duct. Now I just need to heel. I am bruised because of being on Xarelto and also I guess I have an adhesive allergy! Nice cream will help! No more adhesive or bandages!

I am going to eat an egg salad sandwich for lunch and then take a little nap! I shall return!

charK
charK 
Governor
charK
  • charK on 02-20-19 09:06 AM
In response to Sewflake

Good morning.

Yes no radiation today. But I have appointment with the medication person about the drug I will take. I have to be schooled and sign that I know the risks involved.

Tomorrow I see my rheumatologist. Monday I see my primary care doctor. Tuesday I have Botox. Wednesday I have my echocardiogram.

So needless to say I’m still not able to have any down days to enjoy my recliner. Lol

Jojo go snuggle in your bed.

Trish so sorry to hear the itch is back. Does anti itch powder help?

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to Tishd

Glad all is well Tish, enjoy your sandwich and nap!

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 02-20-19 09:08 AM
In response to Tishd

Trish, as Sharon said....."DANG THOSE HIVES".

Sharon you can come clean my Craft area when done yours!

Hi to you all this brisk day!

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 02-20-19 09:09 AM
In response to Tishd

Char, you sure have a hectic doctor's schedule! I am glad your radiation is done and over with....Feel better.

ChansGram
Angel
ChansGram
In response to Tishd

Char, you have a full appt schedule like Jo.
But at least your rads are over and you can heal.
Anti itch wouldn’t really help much.
The hives not only itch on the skin but it’s also coming from within so that’s a whole other animal to deal with.
I have used a roll on anti itch when it has gotten unbearable in certain spots but it’s so temporary it’s almost not worth it.

Tish, so glad all is well with your “ lady”!!
Now just to get all the bruising to go away.
Never know when playboy mag will be calling for a photo shoot!

JoJo, so sorry you caught the crud.
Guess Hannah was sharing? !!
I need to go look at the pics of the room.

Sharon, good luck cleaning the craft room.
Never ending job.

ChansGram
Angel
ChansGram
In response to ChansGram

Di, I bet the banners will nice!
I think it’s nice to use our supplies on things other than scrapping.
Hope the knee holds up.
Sorry about your friends fall.

ChansGram
Angel
ChansGram
In response to Sunnydi

Betsey, you crack me up!
“Although I love being able to breathe “ !!
Yeah, kind of a big deal!
I don’t like when doctors do things like that- “deal with it”.

I don’t know what will be next for me-
What I’m taking now has worked in the past but for some reason it’s not working as well.
Plus I’m still taking prednisone- before when taking the “Dapsone” I was able to omit the prednisone.
This morning I woke because of the hives but thinking (in my sleep) that my head hurt.
Sure enough when I got up I had a big old goose egg looking spot of hives right at my hairline.
Ugh.

bears99
Diva
bears99
In response to ChansGram

Hi. I am back in North Platte today for my appt with primary doc. I really did not want to come. I am sooo stiff and sore from riding in a vehicle..

Betsey...congrats on new baby!

Char...don’t you hate the continuous doctor appointments?

Jojo...feel better!

Cheryl...take care of yourself!

Thinking of Donna.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to bears99

It's shortly after one pm.

I think the temperature is above freezing so I'm thinking maybe I should go to Home Depot and get my poles.
Poor Rum,my closet unit didn't go in as smoothly as his.

Tish- Yay!! Good news, no cancer!!

Char- ugh on all those doctor appointments! Maybe the week after next you can stay home!!

Di- oh I feel so sorry for your friend Shirley.
Rest your knee.
I've told myself to rest my wrist today, but geeze, how does one do that???

Jo- thinking of you and your sore thumb. Safe travels back home.

Very worried about Donna. I too, wonder if she is trying to teach.

Trish- a hive as big as a goose egg??? OMG!!!

Betsey- sorry you are itchy too.

JoJo- hope you are napping.

Cheryl- did it storm all night down there?

I did a load of wash.
I looked through all my purses looking for a credit card.
I supposedly have a United Airline rewards credit card. I swear I have never seen it or used it. I went through my jewerly box and dresser drawer where I may have put it. I think it's in Rum's drawer. Rum called the credit card co. and yes, we were issued two cards.
I fixed up the happy birthday pages for the baby.
I had to cut Happy birthday three times on the Silhouette.
First it ripped the i. So I dialed the blade down. That didn't cut. So I went back to #4 and it did come out. I had to cut a couple of fuzzy places off of it. GRRRRRR.

bears99
Diva
bears99

Cathe...I think the book you are making is so very cute. And what a thoughtful gift. I am glad you are going and I bet it will mean a lot.

Jojo...hope you are resting.

Di...love the sewing you are teaching Dori. What a Grammie!

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to bears99

Thanks for all the nice comments on the baby album.

Jo- are you spending the night in North Platte?

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi

• scrappin 2 Said:
Thanks for all the nice comments on the baby album.

The book is fabulous and what a loving gift from you.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi

Lots of news from you ladies..

Char, yes busy medical appt week coming up.It's exhausting, I know. I hope your skin heals fast..

Tish; woohoo on no cancer cells

Trish; that's interesting you woke up with a sore head it was hives.. I'm so sorry for you

and Jojo... geez we're quite a group right now.

I'm now cleaning my desk off... mercy

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to Sunnydi

about to shut off the computer, thought I'd make one last check in.
I was hoping we'd hear from Donna.

thank you Di. What did you do all day?

I knew shoe storage would be a problem with the new closet organizer. I won't have as much floor space. I'm going down the basement to see if there is anything I can use. I have about 9 pair of fall/winter shoes. ........more summer.
I have the off season shoes in the computer room closet.

My wrist hurt. I've been typing too much today.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

I had a PM from Donna yesterday to let me know she had received her loaded tag. She is still struggling and needs prayers.

Cathe - It stormed until about 3 a.m. You asked about the little pink bows. I received them in one of the swaps I was in. The pink fluffy you saw on the loaded envelope was actually a feather. I just had stuff glued on top

Trish and Betsey - Sorry you are both itching!!

Char - Hopefully things will start settling down.

Jojo - Hope you feel better.

Di - Hope your friend’s surgery went well.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics