Username Post: Fasteners        (Topic#1659541)
TFCasper
Veteran
TFCasper

I have a two sided question. Primarily, Do any of the stapler type scrapbook fasteners use non-standard size staples?

Reason for the question: I have a very cool older stapler that uses a smaller, as in narrower, staple than the current standard size. I can't find any staples to fit it. I have looked everywhere I can think of and no luck. I even placed a special order at Staples for staples, with the assistance of an associate there. Yes, I special ordered staples from Staples. And they were the wrong size.

I have also tried the TOT 50 size staples and they are too small. I have been using that mini stapler in my office for a little while now because it is the only one I have. If the scrapbook stapler/fasteners staples are narrower than office staples, I might be in luck. Thanks everyone for your input.

don1
don1 
Expert
don1
  • don1 on 11-11-15 02:57 PM
In response to TFCasper

Have you googled the brand of stapler you have? Is there a model number?

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to don1

I'm sorry....I have to laugh at the Staples staple debacle. It is sad if Staples can't help you!!

I haven't much to offer other than I have a Tim Holtz stapler. I don't know if it holds regular staples, because I've always bought the TH replacements. Is it possible that you have been using a Tim Holtz stapler, or some other craft stapler? Maybe a trip to M's or J's might help.

TFCasper
Veteran
TFCasper
In response to Luvmyfam

The stapler I have is an Aceliner 502. It is a cool art deco style in light green. Mine is a first run, but there are later made staplers of the same model that take standard staples. I have googled it but can't find good source for staples. They still sell the Aceliner 502 on Ebay and Etsy but I suspect they are standard size versions.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&am p;q=&es...

don1
don1 
Expert
don1
  • don1 on 11-11-15 11:06 PM
In response to TFCasper

I would call them for information.
Contact Information
Tony Puccio President [email protected]
Claude Davis Sales [email protected]
Amy Kelly Customer Service [email protected]
Office Hours: 8:30AM-5:00PM (Eastern Standard Time)
Phone: 856-964-1160
Fax: 856-964-1162
Address: Ace Fastener & MFG. INC.
900 Liberty Street
Camden, NJ 08104
Email: [email protected]

don1
don1 
Expert
don1
  • don1 on 11-12-15 02:53 PM
In response to don1

Trudy, did you call them?

TFCasper
Veteran
TFCasper
In response to don1

Don, I did cal but I didn't have time until after 5:00 so they were closed. Have to try again tomorrow. Meanwhile I'm searching ebay again for narrow staples. You never know when something weird will show up.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics