Page 1 of 5 
Username Post: Bodacious Blinging Divas...        (Topic#1661063)
Kimberly Rae
Diva
Kimberly Rae

Hi all. Starting a new group here, I'm on the West Coast of the USA, so I may be up a little late for your East Coasters, but that's all good. All are welcome here, newbies, oldies (not age...but how long you've been on sb.com... ). I've been a member of sb.com for ten years, took a short break for personal reasons, now I'm back and looking to meet new crafters and have some fun. No rules for this group, no requirements...well one, that you have fun. Take a few and introduce yourself and look forward to this new and exciting thread here on Scrap Chat.

Kimberly Rae
Diva
Kimberly Rae
In response to Kimberly Rae

Well... I'll start off, my name is Kimberly and I'm from Northern California (born and raised in FL). I'm a Navy veteran. Married to my Navy sweetheart since 97. I've been paper crafting for about 13 years now (actually since 79, that's when I made my first scrapbook, but that was with Elmer's glue and non acid free paper)... anyhoo. I'm a pretty laid back person and look forward to meeting you.... or welcoming you back.... Ahem.... Ria....

Joanie R
Guru
Joanie R

Hey there, Kimberly! I'm Joanie! I've been paper crafting since about 2000, got into scrapbooking in 2003 and went to my first crop in 2007! I LOVE paper! I work here at sb.com, have been for almost three years now. I work in Merchandising which is to say, when all the product comes in, it comes across my desk for me to get the product on the website. The fact that I hoard and love paper makes for an occupational hazard, if you know what I mean! I also manage the forums here and have met so many amazing and fun people!

I've was born and raised in Milwaukee, Wisconsin and have lived in the Phoenix area for about 24 years! (Wow, has it been that long?! ) My hubby and I have been married for almost 23 and we have a 22 year old daughter and a 15 year old son. Oh, and a fur baby too, named Ollie!

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean
In response to Joanie R

I love the name of this group!

I'm Henri. My daddy was Henry with a "y" and I'm named after him, only with an "I" on the end. Its been a life of confusion.

Thank your for your service with the navy - and to your sweetheart-husband too! My husband is retired Army - a 20-year green beret/special forces. And, he has the attitude to go with it.

I was born in Mobile but was taken to Miami when I was very young where I grew up until I was 21. Then I married my first-husband moved to Tustin in southern California and then to San Jose in the mid-northern part of California. Its taken a long time, but have found my way back to Florida - we live in Ocala now.

I dated my husband and almost married him when we were older teens and very early 20's. Then I got decided he wasn't the right one for me and broke up and for 38 years he called, kept in touch with family and friends and never gave up on me. In fact I later learned that he was outcross the street from the church where I couldn't see him when I got married the first time and he saw me in my wedding gown when my daddy walked me down the isle and the church doors were opened and he saw me leave with my new husband. That breaks my heart.

First husband and I divorced after 9 years and BIll and I finally got married in 2009 and its been a good 7 years.

Our passion is travel and we seriously over-do it!

I do both manual scrapping with paper and scissors - and bling! I also do digital layouts which is getting me through my backlog of travel layouts that have stacked up.

Kimberly Rae
Diva
Kimberly Rae
In response to Henri Jean

Henri! Hello! Long time no see! I remember you. I used to live in Melrose, just up 301 from Ocala... but you already know where that is. Beautiful horse country up there. Great to have you here!

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

Oh my gosh - I didn't put that together! It is indeed a very small world.

flhomeschoolmom
Guru
flhomeschoolmom

Hello Kimberly! I'm Ali I think we have met somewhere before....

I have been scrapbooking since 1995. Before that, I kept sticker albums and GOBS of journals. Last year I got into "junk journaling", "smash booking" and "art journaling". But, not knowing exactly how to juggle those with my traditional journaling...I just made a "journal" to hold all 4

Cards are something that I have made from time to time over the years, but I'm getting more into them this year.

I am an admitted paper addict I LOVE paper, especially pretty paper or unique paper For this reason, I make paper. I'm also a "binder queen". I love 3 ring binders.

If there is anything else you want to know, just ask

Kimberly Rae
Diva
Kimberly Rae
In response to flhomeschoolmom

Welcome Henri and Ali, Joanie.... did I miss anyone? Well I've been asleep today and then out shopping and dinner with the hubby. Now up here for the rest of the night to play.

Kimberly Rae
Diva
Kimberly Rae

Hi ladies... it's after one AM and I'm gonna crash for the night. I might be on tomorrow but will most likely be prepping for the night's activities... hubby got us two VIP tickets to the movie and live action event Rocky Horror Picture Show 'Valentine's Edition'... I haven't been in over 25 years. I used to go and dress up and do silly things like throw toast and other random craziness. I'm not dressing up this time... for one thing, my Columbia costume is like 8 sizes too small and I'd much rather be the casual observer and go...ahhh, back in the day.

flhomeschoolmom
Guru
flhomeschoolmom

It's 5 AM and I'm up I'm thinking that while my DH is asleep, I'm going to try to get his Valentine's Day card made. I need to work on more paper work today, but I also need to get some cards made. While going through my "card stash" I discovered that I'm completely out of "thinking of you", and "get well soon" cards......need to remedy that. I've also got gobs more Easter cards to get done.

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

I remember the old "Rocky Horror Show" days when the theater ran it at midnight every Friday night and everyone dressed up. That is one weird move but it is fun.

I liked Tim Curry a lot as the clown in Stephen King's "IT" - he did a good job on that one too!

My big project the alst few daylasts was to scrap "Thailand" and I finished it last night. Now its put aside for a couple weeks - then I will pull it out and proofread it again. I found that is the only way I can catch the majority of the mistakes - to put it away for a while and ocme back to it and I've forgotten what I wrote.

Have a loose 1 page cruise layout to tackle today and then will start Sri Lanka. I did not like Sri Lanka in 2014 and liked it even less in 2015 but I want them in my cruise book so I have to force myself to do it.

My main problem with Sri Lanka were the snake charmers and they were on every corner with their baskets. I never wanted to get out of the van because you had to walk past snake charmers on the sidewalks with their King Cobras in baskets with rocks on top of the baskets so the snakes couldn't just pop out. As soon as the rocks or big stones were removed, the cobras came right out.

One woman on our cruise stepped out of a cab and didn't realize there was a snake charmer and cobra about 10" from where she stepped out! She nearly stepped on this man's cobra!

Nope. Don't like Sri Lanka at all.

Kimberly Rae
Diva
Kimberly Rae

Henri, I can understand about the snake charmers.... My momma is deathly afraid of snakes. Terrified.

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

Me too. We are in Florida. We have snakes. I'm told they aren't poisonous but I don't care. They are snakes.

Twice I've gone out to the pool to find one in the pool dome!

Whenever I see one I yell, "SNAKE! KILL IT!" and Bill kills it because he knows I don't want them around the house.

One day I was on the back patio taking layout photos and when I turned around one had crawled onto the patio. Bill had a pair of Crocs on the picnic table and I threw them at the snake.

Later Bill asked me why his crocks were thrown off the patio. I told him that was the fastest thing I could grab to throw at a snake.

flhomeschoolmom
Guru
flhomeschoolmom

We do have poisonous snakes in Florida. We have rattlesnakes, moccasins, and coral snakes in the state Cats are a very good way of keeping them away though

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

Yes, Florida does have poisonous snakes! Hopefully not in our yard - all we have seen are the black snakes but I don't like them at all.

Bill found a coral snake in the yard of a house he owns across town. The not-so-bright guy next door was playing with it (he was in his 20's, maybe early 30's) and had no idea that the coral snake was not an acceptable playmate. Bill killed it and suggested he get a dog next time he wants to play with a pet.

My son has 2 cats but they don't go outside at all, strictly indoor cats. However, the man on one side of us has several cats - not sure how many and they seem to think our yard is their yard.

I still see about 1-2 snakes a year in our yard although in a good year I don't see any.

angel1dot0
Expert
angel1dot0

Hi everyone, I'm just gonna jump right in uninvited.

I had a snake in the car once. It was sorta resting in between the door and the frame of the car so it wasn't really inside the actual car.
When my better half and I arrived to our destination and I opened the door, I thought some of the insulation foam on had come loose and then I realized it was a snake.
I closed the door on the poor thing and exited the car from the driver's side instead.
My guy looked at me and asked me what on earth I was doing. When I told him there's a snake in the door, he didn't believe it until he saw it. And then he told me to remove it. He's about as fond of snakes as Indiana Jones is.
I honestly felt sorry for that snake though. I used a stick of wood to swipe it off its perch on the door and it slithered off.
That was my one and only (and hopefully last!) close encounter with a snake.

flhomeschoolmom
Guru
flhomeschoolmom
In response to angel1dot0

Good morning everyone! Happy Valentine's Day! I hope that everyone has a wonderful day no matter how you decide to spend it

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

Oh my - I can't imagine opening your car door and finding a snake there. I get goosebumps just thinking of it!

Welcome to the group!

Happy Valentine's Day Ali (and everyone else too).

angel1dot0
Expert
angel1dot0

Happy valentine's day to you too!

Kimberly Rae
Diva
Kimberly Rae

• angel1dot0 Said:
Hi everyone, I'm just gonna jump right in uninvited.

I had a snake in the car once. It was sorta resting in between the door and the frame of the car so it wasn't really inside the actual car.
When my better half and I arrived to our destination and I opened the door, I thought some of the insulation foam on had come loose and then I realized it was a snake.
I closed the door on the poor thing and exited the car from the driver's side instead.
My guy looked at me and asked me what on earth I was doing. When I told him there's a snake in the door, he didn't believe it until he saw it. And then he told me to remove it. He's about as fond of snakes as Indiana Jones is.
I honestly felt sorry for that snake though. I used a stick of wood to swipe it off its perch on the door and it slithered off.
That was my one and only (and hopefully last!) close encounter with a snake.

Astrid my dear, you and everyone else are never uninvited.... feel free to just jump right in. I certainly won't be offended.

Kimberly Rae
Diva
Kimberly Rae

Ok gals.... It's Monday evening here in Sunny CA. I didn't get much done this weekend in the way of crafting, except my husband's Valentine's day card. It was and will be for the next couple of days rather quiet with the upcoming biopsy tomorrow. I'll spare you the drama until there is any.... i.e. I'm not going to freak out all over the place because I might have the big C.... I'm just going to leave it in the hands of my higher power and then freak out if I need to. As in the biopsy would come back cancerous. So I'm just gonna kick back here with you fine folks and see if I can get some more scrapbooking ideas.

angel1dot0
Expert
angel1dot0

Whatever the outcome of the test will be, I'm sure it's very unpleasant to have this kind of worry on your mind.
I admire your refusal to let this stress you, and I hope you will get the results from the biopsy quickly.

flhomeschoolmom
Guru
flhomeschoolmom

Well, I spent yesterday working on portfolio paper work, and I plan on spending today doing the same.

I hope that everyone has a wonderful Tuesday

Kimberly, while compiling "work samples" for my oldest son's portfolio yesterday, I found a scripture that I wanted to share with you. I will try to log onto my FB tonight and post it for you I think it will help

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

Been scanning everything, even all my printed and patterned papers and die cuts so I can use them for digital. What a project!

I have about 3,000 papers (not counting or scanning the solid cardstock since I can buy it in digital format cheap and with Photoshop and My Memories I can change it to the color I want with 1 click!).

I am also converting die cuts and overlays into png or transparency files so that is time-consuming.

Got up on Valentine's Day and worked on that all day until I went to bed late that night. Didn't do much of anything but got a lot accomplished.

Got up Monday morning and worked on scanning and editing papers and about 4 hours and then got a phone call from Dillards (like Macy's but I like it better) that patio dresses came in. I have been waiting for that phone call because I'm tired of running in to check every couple days!

Anyway, bought 2 new patio dresses (that is all they had in the florals) and will wait for another phone call that more have come in. I'd like to get about 6 this year.

They are come in around January-February and they never get more than 4 or 5 different patterns each year which fly off the shelves. The past two years we were out of the country when they come in and I didn't get new patio dresses - and I had to throw 4 away because they were completely worn out.

They are what I wear more than anything else on the cruise ships and in tropical ports or over my bathing suit. I even wear them in Mexico and rode an elephant in Egypt in a patio dress. Very comfortable and very casual. And the ones I like are very hard to find.

Today I'm really trying to scrap Sri Lanka. Just having a block about what papers to use. Once I tackle that, then I'm ready to get it done and it will go quickly. I edited the journaling for it last night.

flhomeschoolmom
Guru
flhomeschoolmom

Well, I'm checking in before hitting the paper work again. Yesterday was a "blah" day for me and I didn't get much accomplished except sleeping. I'm not sure WHY I kept falling asleep yesterday, but I did.

Later today I've got to run to the grocery store and pick up a few items....so I think I'm going to do something simple for dinner tonight.

I hope that everyone has a wonderful Wednesday!

Joanie R
Guru
Joanie R

Hi all! I haven't checked in in a few days and just wanted to comment about the snakes. It's unseasonably warm here in AZ. The high today is suppose to be 93! And it's February! Needless to say, the rattlers are coming out of the desert because of the heat, so sightings are starting earlier. I've never had an encounter with one, thank goodness! Astrid, I cannot even IMAGINE your encounter with the one in the car. Unreal! I HAVE, however, had encounters with more than my share of scorpions. Ugh! Makes my skin crawl just thinking about them.

Onto happy things, I got cards done for my swap this next weekend. I haven't taken a photo but will and post some time this week. I also need to work on some power layouts for a crop coming up at the end of the month. I hope to put a decent dent into my Volume Challenge goal.

Happy Hump day All!

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean
In response to Joanie R

Joanie, my mother lives in Alabama where there are a lot of rattlesnakes and they start crawling in the spring. I can still hear my mother saying over and over, watch the kids every minute - its spring and snakes are crawling! To this day I associate spring with snakes crawling.

Anyway my brother was in his early 20's and told my kids all the time - if you go in the yard and see a snake, turn around and run in house as quickly as you can so one of us can get outside and shoot it.

We really thought this was sinking in and I guess it did in a way, but not like my brother meant.

He questioned Johnny one day (he was about 3, maybe 4) "Johnny what are you going to do if you see a snake in the yard?"

John said, "I'm going to turn around and run back in the house as fast as I can"... at this point we are all smiling - the message had sunk in... then he added, "and get my squirtgun and run back outside and shoot it."

NO! he wasn't getting it at all.

My mother has a huge laundry room in the back of the house and has a laundry basket she uses to stack things to be mended. She rarely mends things anymore, stuff just stacks up and once every couple years she will go through it to see if anything is worth keeping. She is 88 and rarely sews anything anymore.

Anyway, she was going through her laundry basket and found a 6' snakeskin! A snake had come into the house and hibernated for the winter, shed its skin in her laundry basket and exited the house.

People came in and checked every inch of her house and it wasn't in the house anymore, most likely gone for several years. They covered, sealed and patched up every tiny crack where one could get back in.

Chose the papers for Sri Lanka and got the title page done. My next project (after figuring out all the property taxes so Bill can go pay them), is to find a nice map showing the location of Sri Lanka for the layouts.

Kimberly Rae
Diva
Kimberly Rae

• Henri Jean Said:
Been scanning everything, even all my printed and patterned papers and die cuts so I can use them for digital. What a project!

I have about 3,000 papers (not counting or scanning the solid cardstock since I can buy it in digital format cheap and with Photoshop and My Memories I can change it to the color I want with 1 click!).

I am also converting die cuts and overlays into png or transparency files so that is time-consuming.

Got up on Valentine's Day and worked on that all day until I went to bed late that night. Didn't do much of anything but got a lot accomplished.

Got up Monday morning and worked on scanning and editing papers and about 4 hours and then got a phone call from Dillards (like Macy's but I like it better) that patio dresses came in. I have been waiting for that phone call because I'm tired of running in to check every couple days!

Anyway, bought 2 new patio dresses (that is all they had in the florals) and will wait for another phone call that more have come in. I'd like to get about 6 this year.

They are come in around January-February and they never get more than 4 or 5 different patterns each year which fly off the shelves. The past two years we were out of the country when they come in and I didn't get new patio dresses - and I had to throw 4 away because they were completely worn out.

They are what I wear more than anything else on the cruise ships and in tropical ports or over my bathing suit. I even wear them in Mexico and rode an elephant in Egypt in a patio dress. Very comfortable and very casual. And the ones I like are very hard to find.

Today I'm really trying to scrap Sri Lanka. Just having a block about what papers to use. Once I tackle that, then I'm ready to get it done and it will go quickly. I edited the journaling for it last night.

Wow! You're a very busy lady! I just threw a load of laundry in and then I'm going to work on designing some cards for another thread I belong to. Whew! I can't wait to see the pictures and pages of all your travels.

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

I didn't know if you wanted us to post layouts here or not so I haven't been doing it. I post a lot so people may not want me to! I posted 3 today going through the Panama Canal and 4 yesterday of Costa Rica. I just started posted another tip this week. I put them on other threads but didn't put them here because it doesn't look like everyone is posting layouts here.

Kimberly Rae
Diva
Kimberly Rae

Post away ladies post away! Oh heck.... it's a party here!

Kimberly Rae
Diva
Kimberly Rae

Where are ya ladies? I'm going to be checking out for a few, going to my weekly women's AA meeting...

Mitca By Kimberly Rae

Found this while organizing my craft room. That's my momma.

angel1dot0
Expert
angel1dot0

That's a beautiful piece. I like the idea with strings. I should try it sometime.

I got my blood results back yesterday. I've been falling asleep a lot during the day lately. Now I know why: iron shortage.
There were some other stuff in there that I couldn't explain to myself though, so I googled. That was a mistake. Googling blood results always turns up horrifying results.
I'm sure my doc will have a much better explanation than broken bones and liver failure =)

Edited by angel1dot0 on 02-18-16 12:49 AM. Reason for edit: Stupid phone keyboard

Kimberly Rae
Diva
Kimberly Rae

• angel1dot0 Said:
That's a beautiful piece. I like the idea with strings. I should try it sometime.

I got my blood results back yesterday. I've been falling asleep a lot during the day lately. Now I know why: iron shortage.
There were some other stuff in there that I couldn't explain to myself though, so I googled. That was a mistake. Googling blood results always turns up horrifying results.
I'm sure my doc will have a much better explanation than broken bones and liver failure =)

Astrid, the internet is your worst enemy when it comes to self-diagnosis, it will keep you up at night. As for the strings, That is the frame that I use to hang up my pages to take pictures with and to keep up out of the way of kitten paws when drying Stickles.
Products Referenced in This Post:

angel1dot0
Expert
angel1dot0

Ah yes, speaking of stickles, are they really that different from the glitter glues of the 80's?

Kimberly Rae
Diva
Kimberly Rae

Astrid, oh yeah. Stickles are a finer glitter in the glue, better chemistry....just got to beware of bubbles sometimes. Shaking it up makes it so much better. It's wonderful stuff. Just don't let it get old and screw the lid on tight.

Joanie R
Guru
Joanie R

Henri - Holy Toledo! I think I would have freaked out if I was in your mom's shoes.

Kimberly - I hope the doctor has some better news for you.

Happy Thursday, ladies!

angel1dot0
Expert
angel1dot0
In response to Joanie R

Oh yeah, my weekend is finally here!
Sitting in my art room, nursing a long island ice tea that my personal bartender whipped up. I have a sick stamping idea that I just have to try.
My week may have been nerv-wrecking, but nothing is going to be allowed to kill my weekend.

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

One of my girlfriends is moving so Bill helped her get her stuff out of her attic today and then she took us both out for pizza. After that she came over here for most of the evening. She seems to like hanging out with Bill and me. Bill really makes her laugh with his silly sense of humor.

We have been going to play trivia on Thursday nights but we have gotten tired of playing on a small team when the team who wins every week has 27 players. No other teams have a chance! That just isn't fun!

Here is one of the questions from last week (I knew the answer) - when the first Corvette's were rolled off the assembley line in the early 50's (1953 I think) - they were offered in only one color - what was that color? No fair looking it up.

Got a good bit of Sri Lanka done - at least half of it I hope. Mostly now it is just temple pictures to scrap for Sri Lanka and the currency. Will be glad to finish that port.

Not sure what port is to scrap after that.

Kimberly Rae
Diva
Kimberly Rae

Hi ladies. As the clock strikes midnight I get ready to sign off until around Sunday night. I have a prayer retreat this weekend and as most of you know I am in need of a serious spiritual battery charge. It has been a very rough eight months for me and next week I'll be preparing for vacation with the hubby. Still no results yet. But I think that no news is good news. I'll be doing lot of picture taking and journaling this weekend. Where the retreat is being held I used to work there as the administrative assistant.... 15 years ago.

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

Enjoy your retreat - it sounds wonderful. We all need our batteries charged sometimes and this sounds like the key.

And a vacation after that! Where are you going?

Joanie R
Guru
Joanie R

Kimberly, I hope your retreat does wonders for you. Time away to decompress and find your center, so to speak! Have a great time and see you next week!

Kimberly Rae
Diva
Kimberly Rae

Henri Jean, we're going to Idaho, Utah, and WY. David's brother lives in Idaho, we're going there to visit with family. I love that part of the country.

Well I can officially do the happy dance. Pathology report in. Just talked to my doctor and the result was granuolas. He said they're like kidney stones in your lymph nodes. The RI Dr. removed them all. No wonder I was in such pain and a miserable person. I've been feeling so much better since the biopsy. Yay GOD!!

angel1dot0
Expert
angel1dot0

That's wonderful news! I'm so happy to hear that you're okay.

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

That is such awesome news Kimberly! So happy to hear that!

You are going to some gorgeous states. I think Utah is one of the most beautiful states in the country - especially around the Moab area! Love Arches national park and the river ride where they show you where different tv shows and movies were filmed.

Idaho - I fell in love with Wallace Idaho. I don't know how close you are going to Wallace but there is a neat old silver mine to tour and I loved touring the old brothel that is on main street. That was a fun and entertaining tour! Felt sorry for the girls who used to work there though. If you don't have kids with you, I do recommend that tour if you are in the Wallace area.

Beautiful national and state parks in Wyoming! Another gorgeous state. You are going to have a great vacation!

Just take a lot of pictures!

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva

• Kimberly Rae Said:
Well I can officially do the happy dance. Pathology report in. Just talked to my doctor and the result was granuolas. He said they're like kidney stones in your lymph nodes. The RI Dr. removed them all. No wonder I was in such pain and a miserable person. I've been feeling so much better since the biopsy. Yay GOD!!

I'm so happy for you, Kim. I have been praying for your health. I hope you have a relaxing vacation and you so deserve it!

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva
In response to jellyziva

Hello, everyone! I'm Kim's friend. Used to 'live' here on the forum too, but the kids have kept me very very busy so I hardly have time to scrap. Only a few cards here and there...

I did just finish my last *sob sob* Basic Grey calendar using the kit. I am happy that I finished it in Feb (yes, it's for 2016, so I'm just 1 little over a month late), I'm sad I will probably not do another calendar again without a kit.

My goal this year is to finish my 2013 52-week smashbook. Yup. Life happened. If I have the luxury I may finish the acrylic album that I started 3 yrs ago..

Wishing everyone a great weekend!

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean
In response to jellyziva

I'm playing catch-up too.

I finished 2013 last month and now am in March of 2014. I have the rest of 2014 and there are at least 4,000 photos! I don't scrap every photo but I do scrap every event. I have 3 big cruises to do that I haven't even started and 2 weeks in England still to do for 2014.

Fortunately, I started really well in 2015 so most of 2015 is done. Just have some fill-in stuff. Big trips are done for 2015, just the family stuff in between has to be done.

My goal is to be completely caught up this year and it is doable by doing both paper and trimmer and lot of digital which I enjoy more every day.

bonprof
Queen
bonprof

Hi, I just found this group...great name!!
My name is Donna and I start scrapping in 2003. I've been here at sb.com for 3 years. I really love it here!! I try to stick my big toe in everything. Lol. My passion is 12 x 12 layouts, but I also make tags, atcs, etc. I recently discovered swaps. Very fun and I am meeting so many new friends. So nice to hang out with all of you!

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to bonprof

I hope everyone is having a great weekend. Yesterday, I started a deep clean in my scraproom. I'm just doing a little at a time. Feels good!

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to bonprof

I don't mean to hog the thread, just wanted to mention I live in Southern CA near Disneyland. We are in a really bad drought; always praying for rain.
Oh yes, I have a partner. Her name is Kerry and weve been together 10 yrs. She is amazing!!
Ok enough from me!!!

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean
In response to bonprof

Hi Donna - so good to see you here! I love it when I run into you on the threads!

I love the name of this group too. My layouts aren't very blingy except there is a bit of bling on the granddaughters layouts sometimes.

karenstep
Veteran
karenstep

Hello everyone! I'm Karen and I've been on SB.com for a while as an avid shopper, and but just started using the gallery and forums. I had known they were here and peeked in once and a while, but I'm trying to get back into scrapbooking more so I've been spending more time on the site. I've been scrapbooking for about 15 years - the last 12 I've scrapped pretty consistently, although I've sometimes had breaks of a few months here and there. I stay pretty current with my pictures now though.

It's been great reading about everyone's experience with scrapbooking and I've peeked in at many of your galleries! I started posting to my gallery a month or so ago - I've never shared any layouts before so it was kind of hard and scary having others look at my work. I love to look at other people's layouts to get new ideas. My style is not too blingy either - probably the opposite! (Life with my husband and 2 boys does not offer too many blingy moments!) I guess I consider my layouts more simplistic, but that is how I like them.

I'm really looking forward to getting to know other fellow scrappers here, especially since I don't really know anyone near me who scraps anymore. I hope everyone is having a good weekend, I hope to work on a bunch of scrapping on Sunday!

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to karenstep

Hi Karen! Hi Henri!
Good to see everyone.

I use bling on my vintage layouts. And also like
Those blingy flourishes. But quite often I get them tangled up! Lol

angel1dot0
Expert
angel1dot0
In response to bonprof

Shirley, I looked at your smashbook pages, and they're so neat.
I'm not doing one smashbook per year, but I fill a page when I feel like it. I enjoy how they feel less formal than scrapbooks and that I can really do as many stupid mistakes as I want with them.
Is anybody else here into smashbooks?

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

HI Karen - I had to laugh at your post. I have a husband an 2 sons so I understand about not having too many blingy moments!

I did a layout of my husband and son on their Segways a few years ago and the paper had a row of grass across the bottom so I added flowers growing out of the grass. You would think I had tried to bury them under the flowers. My husband said, "That isn't very manly" and my son just raised his eyebrows like, "Oh mom, you didn't!"

I also put a flower or two of one in my husband in Las Vegas. They went with the colors of the layout! My husband also let me know that wasn't very manly.

If I were to add bling to one of their layouts I'm afraid they would think about planting me under the flowers!

Nearly 100% of my layouts are travel layouts and I really get into the journaling and its hard for me to mix bling and journaling. Not been successful with that.

However, the granddaughters' layouts - I can bling away to my hearts content. Problem is I don't do that many of my granddaughers'. No one gets pictures to me.

Edited by Henri Jean on 02-21-16 07:00 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva

Hello, Henri, Donna, Karen and Angel

Thanks, Angel! My smashbook of that year was the first one I tried. I have a few friends who like it... and there are a lot of inspiration on Pinterest too.

As for catching up, I'm up to about 2005, I think? I know... LOL! I'm way behind but I have a feeling in a couple years time, once my DD has gone to college I will have more time since DS doesn't require as much time and commitment to his sport as hers.

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean
In response to jellyziva

As I get older Shirley, I have plenty of time to scrap and I worked so much of my life that I have a work and goal mentality.

I actually set goals every morning of how much I want to accomplish and I almost always make it.

My goal today is to do 4 digital pages, proof and correct 4 pages I did a little earlier and get them ready to post and convert 4 jpg files of die cuts I scanned into usable png files or transparencies.

bonprof
Queen
bonprof

Hi everyone,

I'm making ATCs for Marci's swap. Anyone out there make ATCs?

Hope you are all having a great day!!

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean
In response to bonprof

I got 2 pages done today - one about the piracy drill on the ship where we all had to sit in the hallway while the ship practiced light evasive maneuvers.

Also, the one on St. Patrick's Day on the ship.

Getting papers picked for the Seychelles. Want to get at least 2 pages of that done today.

I'm enjoying all this scrapping - really want my travels books caught up!

Kimberly Rae
Diva
Kimberly Rae

I'm back.... I actually never left yesterday. Long story. Anyhow, welcome Donna, Shirley, and Karen! Great to have you ladies here! Haven't even started packing yet for Idaho. Got to finish some more laundry. So looking forward to a week of nothing and a great road trip with the hubby.

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

Sorry your retreat didn't work out like you hoped - or that is how it sounds.

A week of nothing is always wonderful and a great road trip with hubby is even better!

karenstep
Veteran
karenstep

Hello! Pretty good weekend here - got to some scrapping today and was really happy to finish up 10 2-page layouts on my Yellowstone book. I hope to finish up the albums this week, have about 6 more layouts and a cover page to do. Then I have to go back and add some embellishments and journaling. But the end is in sight!

Donna - I had no idea what ATCs were so I had to google it!...very cool! I had never heard of them before but it looks fun.

Kim - hope you have a great road trip! We were in WY and western MT this summer - never made it to Idaho but it is a beautiful area. Road trips are the best.

Henri - I love that you do so many travel pages - I love travel pages too, I scrap anything but travel pages are my favorite. I've been working on our Glacier and Yellowstone trip since Sept. I like how you set goals for each day - I don't get to scrap every day but I do at least a couple of days a week.

I've never done any Smashbooks or any of the new planner books. I'm busy trying to keep up with regular pages!

I spent 2 hours tonight editing photos that I need to print by tomorrow - have some free prints and credits that expire tomorrow that I need to use up. Got through about 150 of the pix and have about 100 more to go. My eyes are killing me but I want to try to get through them. So I better get back at it! Hope everyone has a good week! What is everyone working on this week?

Edited by karenstep on 02-21-16 07:25 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

bonprof
Queen
bonprof

Kimberly,

Forgot to mention how glad I am that you're feeling better.

I tried to do a smash book. It just didn't work for me, but I think they are so cool!!

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean
In response to bonprof

Karen - I hope you are going to post your Yellowstone book here and your other travel pages you are working on! I really have a ball looking at travel layouts!

Got Port Victoria in the Seychelles done tonight. Now its put away for a couple weeks, then I will go back and proof read it again. If I do a final proof right now I will still overlook the same mistakes so in a few weeks I can look at the journaling more objectively.

I loved Yelllowstone - we saw Old Faithful and so many animals. I was disappointed that we didn't see any bears though!

angel1dot0
Expert
angel1dot0

Donna, I have previously never made ATCs, but I've seen so many fabulous ones here on the site that I want to try it out. I even bought an ATC-size die so I could get the base card stuck cut properly.

bonprof
Queen
bonprof

Very cool!!

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean
In response to bonprof

Today I will post 3 or 4 more pages of Lima - need to quickly look over them one more time to see if any thing else jumps out at me.

I will do a heavy proof read of Moorea, French Polynesia which is 6 pages but only 1 pages has a little bit of journaling - the rest are photo pages. Then that port will get put aside for a couple weeks and I will proof it again before posting it - I always catch a few more typos then.

Then I will make the last 2 pages of the Seychelles. We bought a beautiful big clam shell and I need to take a picture of it and edit it for one of the pages.

Then I will make pages for Mauritius where the dodo birds were from. The dodo birds are even on their currency. Its a short port - maybe 4 pages.

Then I will transfer 5 diecuts (already scanned) into pngs to make transparencies of them.

I have about 550 photos form the 2014 word cruise to scrap. I won't do every picture of course but I will do every port and a few photos of each event.

Then there are a few family layouts after the cruise (don't know if I will do digital or manual for them) and then on to the 2 weeks in England, and the cruise around Norway into the polar ice cap and then the cruise around Italy and then the cruise from Holland to Boston. There are almost 1,800 pictures in that file so I'm not trying to scrap them all - just a few of each port or event.

I just checked all my files and I have approximately 2,950 photos waiting to be scrapped. A lot of them won't be scrapped but still need to be dealt with.

That is my 2016 goal - to get through the 2,950 photos!

And we are looking at and considering more cruises!

Edited by Henri Jean on 02-22-16 06:12 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

karenstep
Veteran
karenstep

Wow Henri! That is a lot of photos! I feel like i'm reading about myself when I read your post - our Glacier/Yellowstone road trip I took about 2600 - I ended up printing/scrapping 1300 - about 550 from each park and about 200 more from the rest of the road trip and other stops we made - Mt Rushmore, Devils Tower, etc. I also like to set my pages aside for a few weeks once they are done - then go back and see if there is anything I want to change or add. I rarely change anything, but sometimes will add something to a page that looks a little bare. I will add the Yellowstone books to my gallery once done and I photo them. My Glacier books are out there now, as well as layouts from our Disney trip a few years ago. I think all I have in my galley so far is travel stuff!

Today I finished up getting the layouts done for the Yellowstone book! I have to go back and add some embellishments, and label and journal a bunch more things, but all of the photos are in the books! Feels good and a little sad at the same time - I even kind of procrastinated getting it done today! I had it all layed out and read to go, then I went and did a bunch of other stuff for a couple of hours and let it sit there. It's not like I have nothing to work on once this is done, but I don't know, I was still a little sad to finish it.

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean
In response to karenstep

I will go to your gallery and look at them Karen. I haven't had a chance to do that yet and now my husband wants to watch a video with one of our tv programs on it.

Did get the last 3 pages of the Seychelles done today and I'm happy with them.

WIll get the first 2 pages of Maratious (at least) done today. I got sidetracked though. The dodo bird was only found on the island of Maritious and I decided to research to find out more about the dodo bird and why he became extinct. Printed out 6 pages. Now I have to condense it into a paragraph or two but I think it is important because that is the only claim to fame I can find for Maritious, they have a Dodo bird museum and the dodo bird is even on their currency.

Then I have to proof read Moorea which will be quick and easy. Just leaves a little jpg to png editing which shouldn't take long at all tonight. On schedule today!

Except I may meet one of my girlfriends for dinner tonight so I need to get busy and do the first two pages of Maritious.

Kimberly Rae
Diva
Kimberly Rae

Henri Jean, be thankful you didn't see any bears, they are big and deadly up in the West.

I probably won't be crafting at all this week.

Kimberly Rae
Diva
Kimberly Rae

Karen, went to Yellowstone for the first time two years ago. AMAZING! We went camping with my brother in law and his family it was great. We're heading back to Idaho this week to visit them.

Kimberly Rae
Diva
Kimberly Rae

Not sure whether I want to go upstairs and play with paper or look for recipes for SF cookies to pack for road trip.

Kimberly Rae
Diva
Kimberly Rae

ATC's.... love them. Haven't made one in a long time....

karenstep
Veteran
karenstep

Yellowstone is amazing! We did 3 days at Glacier then 3 at Yellowstone. Glacier was like our dream trip we had talked about for like 15 years, so we were just in awe the entire time we were there. Yellowstone is amazing in a completely different way, it is such a unique park. We didn't see any bears at YS but saw several at Glacier - all from the relative safety of our vehicle and a red bus. Most were on the mountainside but one grizzly and cub were right on the side of the road. It was very nerve-wracking when we hiked though, always being on bear alert.

Today I'm just working on adding embellishments and some journaling. Probably won't do much today, PT appointment this afternoon which cuts into everything. I got my photo order in last night so my next batch of 200 pictures is on it's way, so I can start pulling papers out for those.

Edited by karenstep on 02-23-16 06:06 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean
In response to karenstep

That is what I want Karen - I want to see them from the safety of our car! And I want pictures!

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

Met my goals yesterday! Today - I will post 4 on Lima Peru here on scrapbook.com, make digital layouts for La Possession, Reunion (off the coast of Africa) which will be 4-5 pages, and proof read one more port (Bora Bora) to get it ready for posting and convert 5 more jpg diecuts to png transparencies which has been going fast - only a few minutes each. But, I had several thousand to do and now I'm down to the last 22. Then I need to scan more but that is a "do as I have time".

Yesterday I ended up doing a ton of research that took hours on the Dodo bird which only lived on Mauritius (off South Africa), the port I scrapped yesterday. Also spent about an hour searching the net for a map that showed were Mauritius is located. The map is okay, which Mauritius wasn't all the way on the edge where the map cut off but it will work.

Kimberly Rae
Diva
Kimberly Rae

You gals are on fire. In the mean time I'm prepping to make scrapbook memories.

bonprof
Queen
bonprof

Haven't been to Yellowstone since I was a small child. Must go!!!

Stopping by to say hi. Started a vintage lo today..anyone see the paper called Habdashery from Hobby Lobby?

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean
In response to bonprof

I haven't seen it Donna but I haven't been to Hobby Lobby in months either.

karenstep
Veteran
karenstep

I was just at Hobby Lobby and must have missed it! I was a bit tunnel-visioned when I was there, looking for some specific papers.

Yesterday I journaled about a dozen journaling cards for Yellowstone - I had forgotten how many I put in the books and was surprised to find one every couple of pages! I'm really not a journaler at all, but I'm trying to do more. I like journaling cards since you can write a little something and they add a nice touch. Travel pages seem easier for me to journal on than just day-to-day photos.

Today is odds and ends - I worked on a couple of layouts for the rest of the road trip book, and did some journaling and embellishments on some pages I had previously done, and photographed a bunch of layouts to upload.

Kim - when do you leave for your trip?

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean
In response to karenstep

My best friend here in Ocala is moving to the Orlando area tomorrow (really bad marriage breakup) and we helped her get a few more thing done. Tomorrow morning Bill will pick up the truck and we will help her move.

Very sad for her, she loves the man she married and wants him back but despises the man he has become. He is not the same man and she is very unhappy. She's leaving a lot of happy memories tomorrow as well as the house she loves but I understand why she is doing it.

I feel so badly for her but I agree with her, she has to get out. Mental abuse is still abuse and she's taken enough.

Got 4 pages scrapped for Durban and think I have one or two more so that meets my scrapping goal for today.

Have one port to proof read and 5 jpgs to convert to pngs which won't take long. I'm way ahead today!

Sticking with it though because I want everything completed by the end of the year! Next year I can focus on my mothers cookbook and actually cook and clean house again!

bonprof
Queen
bonprof

Where did you find that die? I'm dying to have one. Lol! Seriously, need one.

Kimberly Rae
Diva
Kimberly Rae
In response to bonprof

Henri, I agree. im off to bed, been a long day where I got nothing done. Off to bed.

bonprof
Queen
bonprof

Hi everyone,

Work was good. Resting now and will play in my scraproom.

Kimberly Rae
Diva
Kimberly Rae
In response to bonprof

Well it's after one AM. We're leaving at 9... don't think that's going to happen.

Kimberly Rae
Diva
Kimberly Rae

Good morning my blinging sisters in creativity... I couldn't sleep so I'm up working on my creative planner and blogging and adding stuff to my gallery... I won't flood the thread... I had 22 entries. Went a little insane. I've been away for almost three years and I've created stuff off and on but I had never submitted it to gallery.

Joanie R
Guru
Joanie R

Better late than never! I hope you have a good time on your trip.

karenstep
Veteran
karenstep
In response to Joanie R

Hope you have a great trip Kim!

I spent my morning so far playing with supplies - going though my kits and papers to see if I have anything I can use for our next trip. We don't go until July but with my other albums winding down I'm starting to think ahead. I spent about 3 hours last night on SB.com looking at supplies and new things that are out but I'm still not sure what I want to use.

I have 2 Theresa Collins kits that I think I can use together, but I'll need way more than just those 2 kits, so I'm looking for more that will coordinate with them. We also might do a short road trip in August and I have a WER stack I'd love to use for that, but need all of the other stuff - journaling cards, emebllishments. Both the TC and WER are discontinued now, so I'm on a search for coordinating pieces. I'll probably be on my computer all day looking at stuff.

I'll probably scrap some this weekend - I'm trying to finish up the last few road trip layouts and then I'll be done with that. Hope everyone has a good weekend!

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean
In response to karenstep

Isn't it fun to get scrapbook stuff together and plan for trips?

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva
In response to karenstep

Have a great trip, Kim!

I love traveling and I love traveling albums too. I started one (usually make a mini-album) and not finished that one yet.. together with my 2013 smashbook , collecting dust but I will return to them someday.

Used to make ATCs for swapping with a group of friends I make here. STill keep them in a binder. They are fun to make and swap.

I have a 5K this Sunday that I'm totally not ready for because I haven't been running. Work has been so so busy and my daughter's gym meet took us out of town 3 weeks in 2 months. Anyway... can't believe I run/walk a half marathon a month ago but now can barely do 5K!

Hope you all have fun crafting this weekend

Edited by jellyziva on 02-26-16 11:04 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva
In response to bonprof

• bonprof Said:
Where did you find that die? I'm dying to have one. Lol! Seriously, need one.

I think I've seen AccuCut and Sizzix ones... SpellBinders? for the smaller size 2.5 x 3.5?

The larger project life size (I think it's 3x4).. I think Becky Higgins has a punch and We R Memory also has one too.

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to jellyziva

Thanks!

Hope everyone is doing well.

Kimberly Rae
Diva
Kimberly Rae
In response to bonprof

Just passed the Idaho state line. Hi girls!

karenstep
Veteran
karenstep

Hope everyone's weekend is going well.
Kim - hope you are having fun on your trip! And good luck Shirley on your 5K - if you just did a half a month ago you'll do great!

Yesterday I decided on the supplies I'm going to use for those upcoming trip books, and placed a few orders for a few items I wanted to get. I'm really trying to use up supplies that I have and not buy too much new stuff. I calculated out how much I spent on these last trip books and it was a bit much, so I'm feeling guilty and want to try to keep the cost down on the next ones. It is just so much fun buying new supplies!

Today I finished up the rest of the road trip layouts, and put in a few last embellishments. So I'm considering that book done now as well. It's a really strange feeling to be done with the albums just 6 months after the trip - it usually takes me about a year or more to get them done. Luckily, my photo order came today so I have about 200 more photos to work on, in addition to some stragglers from last year that are sitting here.

My goals for the next couple weeks are to finish up anything from 2015 - I think I just have Christmas and about 150 puppy pictures from last Jan/Feb that just came in this order. So not to much and I'll be caught back up. and my office really needs a clean out, should probably organize it before getting started on the next batch of stuff. Always more to do!

flhomeschoolmom
Guru
flhomeschoolmom
In response to karenstep

Hi everyone...I'm just "checking in" and leaving a notice for everyone on all of my "regular" forums. If no one sees or hears from me for the next week or so, here's why.

I have decided to take some "down time". It's not necessarily "craft time"...just "down time". My stress levels are unimaginably high right now and getting worse with each passing day. There's the stress of home school evaluations, the stress of loosing my insurance, and the daily stresses of trying to run my home and keep things "functioning". But in the last 3-4 days, I've had even more stressful things come up. My DH's pain and arthritis is getting worse, all he does now is sit in a chair on his laptop, his PS4, or watching movies. If he isn't doing that, he's sleeping. But, despite the pain issues, he refuses to go and get on pain management...so. My 15 yr. old son is currently grounded due to "attitude issues" and back talking his dad and I. He has suddenly got this impression that the "house rules" don't apply to him! It's funny, but he's had those rules since he was 2 and learned to walk and talk...at 15 he should understand those rules Yesterday I was informed by my oldest son that my DH promised both of the boys a $10 raise in their allowance for March. I told my oldest son, "well, we may or may not be able to give you guys a increase in your allowance because without my insurance, I have to pay for my medications so I don't know if we'll have the extra money." My oldest son said that he understood and that it was important for me to get my meds. Today, I talked to my DH about what he had promised the boys and I told him, "honey, I'm not sure that we're going to have the extra money to increase their allowance for March because as of March the 1st I won't have my insurance and on March the 11th I will run out of one of my medications. That medication is a little over $20." I thought he would say, "ok, we'll get your meds". But, that wasn't what he said...instead he talked about the promise he made the boys, things he wanted to get....and told me "You just need to get your insurance back"....I'm friggin trying!! But I do not see having this issue resolved by March 11th. And even if I do get it resolved, the reinstatement of my insurance won't happen until April 1st...so either way...I won't have insurance for March. I've done all I can do....I've gotten every prescription of mine filled that CAN be filled while I still have the insurance (but that's only my asthma inhaler). IF I suddenly run out of my Effexor, then between the 11th and 12th I'll be dizzy and "spacey", by the 13th my eyes will begin messing up and my moods will radically go from one extreme to another. And somewhere between the 14th and 15th, is when the risk of seizures sets in. These "effects" last between 7 and 14 days, and they gradually taper down from days 6-14. How do I know this? This same thing has happened before but then there wasn't a generic that I could afford and the brand name was over $200 a month.

bonprof
Queen
bonprof

Ali, take care of yourself!! Praying for you!

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean
In response to bonprof

Oh Karen - I can't wait until I'm within 6 months of being caught up! I can't wait to find out what that feels like!

I'm in April, 2014 although I do have part of 2015 done, I have a lot of 2014 to do yet.

But - I can see daylight. The only way I'm catching up all this travel stuff is by doing them digital! My digital layouts are really simple so I'm making my way through the stack. I had 4,000 photos and think I'm probably at 2,500 but I don't scrap them all but I do scrap every event or place so I will remember it.

Best of all - ALL of the journaling is done! I do that every night at the end of the day when travelling so I just have to copy paste. Helps me when making the pages.

Kimberly Rae
Diva
Kimberly Rae

Hello ladies, made it to Idaho Falls safe and sound and exhausted. Just getting settled in. Found one local scrapbook store and not sure whether they're open or not. I'll give them a call tomorrow.

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

Hope they are open. Would be cool to find local scrap supplies.

Glad you are there safely - now have fun!

bonprof
Queen
bonprof

The History of A Woman By Bonprof

Page 1 of 5 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics