Page 2 of 5 
Username Post: Bodacious Blinging Divas...        (Topic#1661063)
bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to bonprof

Kim,
enjoy your time!! Thanks for stopping
by my gallery. Stay in touch.
Donna

Kimberly Rae
Diva
Kimberly Rae
In response to bonprof

• bonprof Said:
Kim,
enjoy your time!! Thanks for stopping
by my gallery. Stay in touch.
Donna

Of course Donna. feel free to friend me on FB. My name is Kimberly Rae Cole there...

Kimberly Rae
Diva
Kimberly Rae
In response to Kimberly Rae

Who watched the Oscars tonight? Lady GaGa's performance brought tears to my eyes, and totally surprised at best picture winner.

Kimberly Rae
Diva
Kimberly Rae

Well Divas, it's been a long day for me... quiet but long. Got nothing really planned for tomorrow which is nice. After all the craziness of the past eight months I am seriously due some real down time. All I brought with me was my Heidi Swapp creative planner, some filler paper for it and the hole punch. I've been using that as my creative journal for pages and other projects I think up.

karenstep
Veteran
karenstep

Hi all! Kim hope you are having a great time - sounds very relaxing!

Had a pretty slow weekend, we didn't have much planned which was nice, and the weather was nice so we got outside a little bit. But our spring weather is gone as 6" of snow is expected tonight.

I finished up the road trip layouts and journaling on that book, as well as the Yellowstone book. They are both now up on the shelf and done. I have to pull them down to take photos of the layouts but it's nice to have them completed. So on to other projects now! Not sure what I'll work on next but I have a few stacks of photos sitting here to work on.

I had to go buy a new paper trimmer this weekend. The one I had was literally the very first thing I ever bought to scrapbook with like 12 years ago - an old Fiskars trimmer. It was a pretty basic model back then even. I dropped it as I was bringing stuff to my table and it cracked the slider piece that the blade is on - I couldn't repair it. So I went to the store and bought a similar basic model and wow - it is SO much nicer! It just feels more sturdy, has rubber feet and a guidewire to see where you're cutting! And the blade slides so smooth! As bad as I felt for breaking the old one, I really love this new one!

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean
In response to karenstep

Glad you got a new trimmer! Sometimes its just time for new because products to improve!

I used to buy 2 of everything. I went to a crop every Friday night at a local scrapbook store and they had an area in back where we could all store a big basket of goodies and not have to haul them home every week.

I kept my extra trimmer, ATG, lots of tape and duplicates of everything else I use a lot.

When they closed I pack all my duplicate stuff in my crop wagon so when I went to a crop I just had to add the page kits I had made to work on.

Now I'm doing digital when I go to crops and just gave my son (graphic design college student) my extra trimmer, drink holder that fastens on to the table, extra ATG - and everything else I had a duplicate of, even my extra craft mats and 12 x 12 glass mats (used it with my slice - still have one left to keep at home).

When I gave him all the stuff he looked at the ATG and admitted it was really neat. I said, "Do you love it?" He just said, "I would if it weren't pink!"

Kimberly Rae
Diva
Kimberly Rae
In response to Henri Jean

New tools are always nice, but having a decent trimmer Karen, that is key. I've noticed that when my blade gets old it snags on the lighter scrapbook paper and bunches the thicker cardstock. My favorite trimmer is my Cricut one I got with my Cricut Explore last August. Right now I've been a We R Memory Keepers buying fool. I bought the envelope, box and ribbon cutter and the Cinch.... LOVE LOVE LOVE them. Yet I still have not made anything with them yet.

angel1dot0
Expert
angel1dot0
In response to bonprof

That's a good layout. I liked how you made the blue frame to draw the eye to the portrait on the right. It would have been hidden otherwise.
I will borrow that trick the next time I have a hard time making a detail pop.

Kimberly Rae
Diva
Kimberly Rae
In response to angel1dot0

Hi ladies.... once again hung out with the dudes today, went to the Army Surplus store, aka the land of testosterone. It wasn't all that bad, I was able to find some stuff for my Navy scrapbook and a Navy hat for me.

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

Never thought about things you could use for military scrapbooks at the Army Surplus store. There is one less than a mile from me and I've never been in it. Maybe I should go there when I do my dad's marine scrapbook.

karenstep
Veteran
karenstep

Hi all! Been a pretty quiet week for me - didn't do any scrapping so far - just been cleaning up supplies and organizing. I had ordered a few things last week which came in the mail yesterday and today so that is always fun. I photographed the Yellowstone layouts which took me 2 days to get done but at least that is finished. I have a few more old books that I want to photo so I may work on those tomorrow and Friday.

My new trimmer has worked out great. I do have a Cricut trimmer that a friend gave to me which I do like, but after so many years of using a trimmer that the blade guide flips left/right, I had a really hard time adjusting to a guide that flips up/down. I did use it for a while until the blade got too dull and it was cutting rough, Its good backup trimmer though so I'll have to order some new blades.

Hope everyone is having a great week!

Kimberly Rae
Diva
Kimberly Rae
In response to karenstep

Had a good day, it was girls day. Hung out with my sister in law and niece, we did lunch. Then Nadine and I did a craft store tour of Idaho Falls, and went to Tai Pei Trading which just opened up there, it's a home decor place. Lots of great stuff there to use for decorative craft storage. I got a lot of good ideas while I was out.

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

Sounds like you had a really great day Kimberly! What fun!

Kimberly Rae
Diva
Kimberly Rae

Well my blinging divas.... I'm one pooped person. I'm heading to bed. Right now I think I'm just suffering from creative overload... one of the many things about spring that I love. See you on the flip side.

Kimberly Rae
Diva
Kimberly Rae

Hello ladies!!! I also have a Bodacious Blinging Diva's Page on FB. Feel free to friend me and I will add you. I'm getting ready to shut down for the night and try to sleep. I've been dealing from the nosebleed from hell. When you're on bloodthinners nosebleeds tend to be a little more exciting...ugh. It's after one in the morning and I need to get some sleep. Going to see Deadpool tomorrow with the dudes, then going to see my Lisa for a new do (it's going to be shocking but so revolutionary for me... it's a new me). I've got to get some sleep. Love you ladies, and my full name on FB is Kimberly Rae Cole and I live in Rancho Cordova, CA.

Kimberly Rae
Diva
Kimberly Rae

Happy Friday my blinging Divas! What's on the agenda for the weekend? David and I are heading home tomorrow morning...back to reality.

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

Just trying to get 2014 scrapping done.

My mom asked how the cookbook was coming along I'm making for her - I hate to say it but I haven't touched it this year. I'm having so much fun with digi but I need to break out the trimmer and get going on that again.

Possibly lunch with a girlfriend tomorrow if she comes to town. Otherwise - no plans at all.

karenstep
Veteran
karenstep

Happy Friday all! Can't believe it's Friday already! Not much planned for this weekend, my son has a soccer game on Sunday afternoon and that is our only thing scheduled.

I haven't worked on anything all week - just been kind of out of the groove I guess. Since finishing up the trip books last week I just haven't been able to get back into other photos - that's okay though, everyone needs a break sometimes. I've pulled out supplies and looked at them, but just didn't feel like working on them. I did managed to go and buy a bunch more supplies at the craft store today, in addition to the SB.com order I placed yesterday! I really need to stop shopping.

Kim did you get your hair cut? I noticed the new photo - looks good on you!!

Hope everyone has a good weekend!

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to karenstep

Hi everyone,

Kim, love your avitar.

I'm good. Spending time with daughter
And grandson.

Enjoy your weekend!

Kimberly Rae
Diva
Kimberly Rae
In response to bonprof

Posting from the middle of nowhere RT 93 in NV. Ta king some great Mt. shots. The open road is amazing.

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

As long as someone else is driving... couldn't resist that Kimberly.

Can't wait to see all the new layouts you create - you will have pictures to keep you scrapping for some time!

Kimberly Rae
Diva
Kimberly Rae

Henri Jean, David is driving. The FJ Cruiser is stick and I can't drive stick to due to my right side issues (long story). Anyhow, I'm just getting back from dinner which was awful. We thought we would give the local restaurant our business instead of going to the chain. Sorely disappointed. So I'm back to the hotel and queasy from what I ate . Sorry I'm such a Negative Nellie...I did some internal brainstorming on the way back from the restaurant and thought I might go with one of my dreams...and that's being a food writer/blogger/critic.

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

I was teasing you - I knew you weren't driving!

Sorry dinner was so bad. Sometimes we really get lucky with local places and sometimes we do better with the chains. You never know in advance.

karenstep
Veteran
karenstep

Hope everyone is having a good weekend! Mine has been a little off - just not in the greatest mood, I don't even know why - combination of a bunch of little things. I did manage to get some layouts done - I started on my 2016 pix even though I still have some 2015 to do. I did 7 layouts which I was happy about, but they took me all day yesterday and today and I wandered away from them like a dozen times thinking I was going to be done for the day. But after a couple of hours I went back and finished them up. I have Christmas pics spread around the dining room table right now - hoping I can at least get the papers chosen and layouts set up, and probably finish them tomorrow.

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean
In response to karenstep

Choosing paper is the hardest part for me! I struggle with that.

Right now I'm looking at pictures for the chess club on the 2014 world cruise. I used black and white for the last layout of them so I need something different.

What other colors do you use for a chess club?

Sounds like you had a productive weekend even if your mood was a little off. I am that way sometimes to - can't explain it but nothing seems quite right.

I got a lot of layouts done today but none yesterday. I was busy yesterday - well, most of the day my scanner was down and my son couldn't fix it by just reinstalling the software. It was some kind of bug in the software and he had to use my computer to work on it. So I was computerless most of the day and my current layouts are digital.

I need to get back to paper and trimmer though, but am enjoying the digi so much.

karenstep
Veteran
karenstep

Hmmmm...a chess club. I did a chess layout a couple of years ago when my son learned to play, and I used the colors of the board too - ours is tan and brown since it is wood, and then I used a chunky plaid to mimic the board pattern and an argyle accent piece because I thought the argyle just fit the vibe. If the board is black/white and you don't want to use the same colors, maybe use the colors of the clothes of the players? Highlight the players instead of the chess board itself?

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean
In response to karenstep

I ended up using black and white. I had cute chess embellies and they were black so I went with black and white.

We were on a cruise ship and the guys were all wearing different colors and t-shirts. My husband was wearing fluorescent green in some of them and I thought about pulling those out but just went with black and white.

Next chess layout needs to be different though. The two I did are a little bit to similar. Fortunately I had downloaded a several different chess diecuts which helped.

I didn't like the top all white and the bottom all black - it just kind of look unfinished so I threw it in photoshop and put a black mat around the entire thing and that helped a lot.

Kimberly Rae
Diva
Kimberly Rae
In response to karenstep

Karen, hmmmmmm I'm trying to visualize that whole chess scene. If the chess board is black and white a dark red or burgundy would really be good to use to make the character's pop.

Kimberly Rae
Diva
Kimberly Rae

oh yeah. I'm home now....

flhomeschoolmom
Guru
flhomeschoolmom

It's 2 AM, and I'm awake. So, I decided that I would pop in and

I'm..."ok". I'm still under a lot of stress, still struggling with some things, BUT I do have my meds for the month of March. Getting my DH to get them wasn't quite as hard as I first thought it would be I didn't argue with him, I didn't throw a fit...nope...I calmly looked at him and said, "Do you REALLY want to live with me if I don't have my meds?" He looked at me funny and said, "what do you mean?". I just smiled and said, "Do you remember when I stayed in a ball on the sofa from anxiety attacks? Do you remember what our house looked like when my depression hit rock bottom and I wasn't on meds? Do you remember night after night of frozen pizzas, corn dogs, TV dinners, etc. instead of homemade pot roasts, beef stew, and other things you enjoy?" He said, "We're getting your meds tomorrow" SOMETIMES, you just have to remind a man of WHAT happens when things DON'T go your way

Kimberly Rae
Diva
Kimberly Rae
In response to flhomeschoolmom

Good to see you Ali!!! I've missed you but I completely understand with what's going on.

Well ladies, I'm up and awake. First night back in my own bed and I totally crashed. Felt good to sleep as long as I wanted. I know, I was on vacation, but we were staying with my in-laws and had places to go things to do...that kind of thing. Not like I could sleep past 8. I am SO NOT a morning person. Today is errand day.... go pick up mail from post office and assorted 'fun' stuff. I'll be on later.

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

I am not a morning person either. I do get up around 8:00 or 8:30 so I can have quiet computer time before my husband gets up.

His laptop, phone and ipad instantly turn the office into a mini-Las Vegas and I really hate that. I love my 2 or 3 hours of quiet time before he is up so I can have quiet in the office!

karenstep
Veteran
karenstep

Hi all! I'm totally not a morning person either. Sadly I have to be up to get the kids off to school but once 7:45am is here the house is quiet and I usually work on stuff for a few hours in the morning.

Its been a quiet few days for me - didn't work on much but today I'm organizing my office and going through some old boxes of stuff - some cards, some photos, some old photo albums my mom gave me which I'm going to pull the photos out of and put in a box for now. Just need to declutter today...too much stuff sitting around.

Hope everyone is having a good week!

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean
In response to karenstep

I finished the 2014 World Cruise although its going to take at least a month or more to post them all. I have put them aside for several weeks and then I will take them, a few at a time when they aren't so fresh to me to proofread.

Then put them aside and when I'm ready to post they will go through another proofreading.

Mistakes still get past me but so many are kind enough to let me know!

I'm going to race my husband in a game of Sudoku, get something to us for lunch, and then start working on my England book (s) from 2014. I'm working my way quickly through 2014.

Then most of 2015 is done! Thank goodness! We took the world cruise again in the beginning of 2015 and that generated almost 600 layouts but they are done, were posted on scrapbook.com already.

I number my scrapbooks in chronological order (the 2014 world cruise books are 29, 30, 31, and 32). I don't know how many I will need for England and the other 3 cruises from 2014, since I haven't done them yet.

Until they are complete, I can't get the book numbers for the 2015 World cruise so I can't send those books out for printing yet until I have the book numbers for the covers.

Kimberly Rae
Diva
Kimberly Rae

Henri Jean you're making me tired just reading your post... haha. I'm a happy camper, my stash from SB.com came today and I am like totally in Heaven! I'm going to be doing some faith based cards for a friend of mine who's going on a women's retreat in May. I am so excited! About both. Here's what I got...

Got my stash from SB.com today By Kimberly Rae

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

New stash! How fun Kimberly! New scrap stuff is always exciting! Congratulations! Have fun with it.

Only got one page scrapped today - just spent all day fine-tuning my journaling for England and going through al the pages I wrote to make first corrections.

Struggled with finding the right ideas and paper and finally selected the one for the first page. Now that that is done, maybe the rest of the book will fall in place.

Kimberly Rae
Diva
Kimberly Rae

That's always the problem I have Henri, the first page of any project, but once I get that one page done, like you said, it all falls into place. The UK is on my bucket list, I want to go to Ireland, Scotland, and Wales.

bonprof
Queen
bonprof

I am a morning person...get up at 4 sometimes 3. I scrap every morning before hopping in the shower. I am in bef by 8 or 9.

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to bonprof

Kimberly, I am waiting for my goodies too. So fun to get new stuff.

I'm cleaning my scraproom really well to get ready for a dear friend who is coming to scrap this weekend. So excited!

karenstep
Veteran
karenstep
In response to bonprof

Wow Henri...Congrats on finishing up that cruise! Sounds like once you get those done you'll be able to print quite a few of your albums!

Gotta love it when the new supplies arrive...nice stash Kim! I have an order that should be arriving today too. I don't think I ordered anything that I have immediate need for - just some stuff I had future ideas for. I'm hoping that everyone else also orders their supplies thinking "well if we ever go do such-and-such, then I'll have supplies to scrapbook it." I never used to do this, I used to only buy stuff that I had photos for and knew I would use, but there are so many cute collections out now I don't want to miss out on them so I've been ordering more!

I can't even imagine getting up a 3 or 4 am Donna, but I have been up until 1-2am working on stuff so its basically the same!

Got the office mostly cleaned up yesterday and I'm running to a few stores today to look for albums. I've been looking online but haven't really found anything. I need a couple new ones and I have 2-3 post-bound that I'm thinking about converting into ring-bound. They are my son's sports albums which just continue to grow and grow!

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean
In response to karenstep

I am always buying things for countries that I have no plans of visit when I bought the stuff, but I know that most likely, I seem to end up everywhere! When we went to South Africa last year I had plenty of stuff to scrap with! If I see an embellie I love, I buy it.

I saw some cute things for sky diving a few years ago. I had to have them. I've never jumped out of a plane in my life before but now its on my bucket list so I can use the darling little embellies and diecuts I bought.

I've bought quite a few things over the years for hot air balloons and some day I will go up in one and then I can use the papers and things. My husband actually spent 2 years on a hot air balloon crew after he got out of the army.

It is great to be finished with that cruise. I'm only about 1/4 of the way though on final proof-reading it though. Since all 4 books are digital I'll hold off printing until they are proofed and posted here since there always a few things I missed that are found by other scrapbookers. I just appreciate that so much! Can't wait to get those 4 books printed!

I had trouble rolling into the England book because its the first time I have ever been completely clueless. I start all my travel books with a couple journaling pages. Like for England, it was late in the evening - Saturday night I think and Bill said, "There is a flight to England Monday afternoon - do you want to go?"

I had the next day to do 6 loads of laundry and do everything to get the house ready to be gone for a couple months and didn't start packing until Monday morning and we had to leave the house by 3:00 to make our flight. I had a day and a half to prepare.

Then as we were ready to board - the plane broke! We had to stay in Tampa overnight and try again the next day so they could get the plane fixed. Then the next night when we were ready to leave, there were bad electrical storms that night.

We were on the base and could see the commercial planes taking off from the Tampa airport but we were grounded and I was getting grumpy. I wanted to go to England.

I asked someone on the crew - "Why do they get to come and go from the Tampa airport every few minutes while we sit on the ground and wait out the storm - it isn't even raining anymore?"

He said, "See all that lightening in the distance? It isn't going to hurt them. They may get bumped around a little but it's safe. See our plane over there? Its a tanker. It is used to fuel other planes in flight that don't have capacity to fly long enough distances. We are flying a cylinder completely filled with airplane fuel with a little room for cargo and people. It would not be safe if it was hit by lightening."

Okay, waiting out the storm sounded like a good idea now.

I don't think we were going to be targets for an in-flight explosion, but I think their is a bit more of a risk and they just want to be careful. And I appreciate that!

I write all that stuff and put it in my books and this is all part of the getting ready for the trip so it makes it hard to start a book when it starts with journaling for a few pages.

Finally found a 12 x 12 map of Europe (used it before for Transylvania and the train trip across Europe).

I used it for the first page of this book, digitally circled England, and put my journaling on that page to start and I really am happy with the results.

Once we got on base we stayed at a little inn called "Bird in Hand" across from the base. They had a pub downstairs where we ate several times over the next few days.

Their fish and chips was excellent and they line the bottom of the basket with cute paper which has "Fish and Chips" on it. I scanned it and made 12 x 12 paper on it so that will be used for the next layout as background with that journaling.

Then I get into pictures and it will be much easier.

Its hard to get the first page of a book done Donna because with the travel books, it sets the complete tone of the series. When the first pages are just journaling - its even harder for me to get it done and still, make it grab attention.

At least I journal as I go every night so for the most part, I just copy and paste.

However, I spent about 6 hours a few days ago - going through all of the journaling for the entire trip through England so its ready to just copy and paste. I always have to do that because I have twice as much in my first journaling draft than I actually use.

I need to go to scrapbook.com - I have girft certificates I haven't used yet! I need to get to their digital supplies and see what fantastic new papers they have and I also have to check their diecuts and see what I can buy and then scan and make into transparencies myself.

Kimberly Rae
Diva
Kimberly Rae
In response to bonprof

• bonprof Said:
Kimberly, I am waiting for my goodies too. So fun to get new stuff.

I'm cleaning my scraproom really well to get ready for a dear friend who is coming to scrap this weekend. So excited!

That's what I'm working on to get ready for NSD in May... I am Happy that it's going to be the week before I'm going to work a retreat that a friend is going to be at.

karenstep
Veteran
karenstep

Well Henri that does sound like a very rough start for a vacation! But it sounds like you guys handled it well. I agree that the first page of a travel book sets the tone for the rest of the book and it would be hard starting it with journaling of some not-so-great experiences. But from there you can go into how great the trip ended up being!

My sb.com order came yesterday - such great stuff! I'm super happy with it all - I panicked for a second and thought that I bought a kit that I already had for my son's baseball season but I pulled out what I had and it was not the same kit - it just had one really similar sheet of paper.

I got a coupe of new albums and converted my son's sports pages into those from some old post-bound albums that were about to burst, Yesterday and today I re-organized the layouts in them and made new cover pages for the new albums. So that was fun, it's always fun working on his sports books. Here are the new cover pages:

Soccer Album Cover By Karenstep

Baseball Album Cover Page and Timeline By Karenstep

Not sure what this weekend will bring - hope to get out of the house tomorrow as it is supposed to be nice, but Sunday I'll probably scrap since it is supposed to rain all day. Hope everyone has a good weekend!

Edited by karenstep on 03-11-16 08:32 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean
In response to karenstep

Karen, the bumps the things in travel really don't bother us or put a damper on our trips. We roll with them, and since we fly military Space-A we know there will be things that happen we didn't want but that is part of the travel experience to us. Nothing really rattles us.

We did have to stay a hotel and it was really nice - we spent 3 hours in the pool the next morning and met some awesome people so it was all good.

Kimberly Rae
Diva
Kimberly Rae

Hello my bodacious divas! Happy Friday. I have a horrendous cold and not sure how long I'll be hanging around. It's also a rainy day with flood warnings for my location, which means I'm not going anywhere as I have an itty bitty car which would probably drown if I drove through a puddle. I did get ANOTHER Heidi Swapp memory planner, this one is smaller than the one I currently have and I will use this on a daly basis. Tomorrow I will be celebrating 21 years of sobriety, by staying and home and trying to get over this ick. Ugh. I swear I'm a cootie magnet.

This is my larger planner.

Kimberly Rae
Diva
Kimberly Rae

What is a virtual crop? Well, instead of spending over an hour or more packing up your creative tools and toys to drag halfway across town.... you don't have to do that. You can join Bodacious Blinging Diva's this Saturday starting at 10AM Pacific Time for a virtual crop to meet new paper crafters, share ideas, layouts, cards, and whatever you are working on. Working on getting Skype to work so we can visit in person. PM ME and let me know if you are interested...

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

One of Bills army cadets and his family will be here Saturday afternoon so I'm going be getting things ready for them and they may even be here early. Won't be able to join you.

jaxxan
jaxxan 
Mayor
jaxxan

Well I am not sure I fit the definition of bodacious but I do like bling, even though I live in a house of guys. I do however have a female Australian Shepherd named Olive so I bling out her collar. She is most definitely Bodacious! I am still looking for the zipper in her fur,because I just know she is really a toddler in a dog costume!

Scrapbooking was a given and extra bonus when the industry took off as I had kids. My grandmother keep scrapbooks and noted things my father would say, my mother picked it up and did it as well for us kids. I guess that is why I am big on journaling in my layouts.

I have three boys most of which are the main subjects of my layouts. They keep me laughing and updated on what is going on in the car world technology wise , minecraft, coding and of course best search practices on Google when I have no answer to a two year old's "Why?"

In my scrapping I am definitely going through a growth period as I am trying to stretch my skills. I love all the new options that are being made available in what I am calling paper crafting. Personally I think it is what will keep the industry going strong so I can continue to buy ridiculous amounts of paper, stickers, albums etc.

I am currently trying to figure out how to make a living with my passion for photography. I am constantly thinking about photo shoot ideas, angles and how things look in photographs. However it seems to be competing with this new advocate personality that emerges or I should say roars to life around a particular topic. I am definitely on a journey and a little scared of where it's going.

Anyway, while I see some familiar avatars on this group thread I look forward to connecting more with all of you and those to come. Kimberly thanks for starting this and creating a warm and welcoming atmosphere.

Happy Crafting!

jaxxan
jaxxan 
Mayor
jaxxan

• Kimberly Rae Said:
Tomorrow I will be celebrating 21 years of sobriety.......

Kimberly congratulations! That is a huge accomplishment! I hope you are feeling better, maybe while your home sick this weekend you can shop for more scrapping goodies to celebrate your achievement!

Did I mention I am a huge shopping enabler.........

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean
In response to jaxxan

Jill - how nice to see you here. I see you all over the boards on different threads but I really enjoyed reading your post on this thread - so much I didn't know about you. Thank you for sharing a bit about yourself!

I noticed on one of your comments on my gallery that you said you have been to Tahiti and visited the market we in my layout. I love that market! We've been there 3 times and every time we have gone to that market and even BIll has bought flowers for me and usually a few trinkets too!

I would think that Tahiti would be very romantic for a honeymoon!

jaxxan
jaxxan 
Mayor
jaxxan

Hi Henri,
Thank you for saying such kind things.
Today is actually our anniversary, we were talking about our time in Tahiti especially Bora Bora! Of course back in 1999 it was still very under developed with a ton of construction happening in preparation of the Cruise Ship business starting up. The Paul Gogan cruise ship made its maiden voyage to Tahiti while we were there.
I am sure it has changed a lot.
How romantic to have such exotic flowers in beautiful bouquets bought for you. That market looked like it was amazing, we caught it as it was closing I will never forget the amazing flower bouquet we bought there.
I am glad you go and take lots of pictures. I love looking at your layouts and living vicariously though your travel experience.

Edited by jaxxan on 03-13-16 10:33 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Kimberly Rae
Diva
Kimberly Rae
In response to jaxxan

Hello Ladies!!! Welcome Jill! We are all Bodacious Blinging Divas.... some of us just don't know it. I was feeling better by today, and came home with a nice stash of new Heidi Swapp stuff from M's....

karenstep
Veteran
karenstep

Welcome Jill! I love your layouts of your boys and all of the outdoorsy things you guys do! I spotted many papers and stickers in your galley that I've used myself. And thank you for the nice comment you left on one of my layouts. Great to have you here!

I think we all get to live vicariously through Henri's travel!

It was a quiet weekend here, we went hiking on Satuday after my son's baseball tryouts, and Sunday we did a bunch of housework and projects, then went to his soccer game. I did't even touch my scrapping stuff, but did reorganize my album shelf and made room for the new albums. I'm hoping to pull out the Christmas photos today and finish those up.

Glad you are feeling better Kim and YEAH for new stash!

angel1dot0
Expert
angel1dot0

I just got back from a week of skiing. I'm usually really good at it, but this year I was just horrible because my leg muscles weren't in shape. I face planted so many times that I actually started liking it =)

I had a bit of time to stop by the local creative store and I've bought my first 'liquid pearls'. I'm looking forwards to trying it out.
And because it's easter, they had package with small feathers in different colours, I think I can do something nice with those.

This ski trip was really what I needed to ground myself.
The first thing I did when I got home was a sign a new contract and now I'm really just waiting for the rest of my 30 days to pass at the current company so I can finally leave.

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

Thank you so much, all of you are so sweet! I never left the US and had only seen a handful of states when I married Bill in 2009. Now we are never home it seems.

I love travelling with him, I love being home - am happy either way. He's the one who wants to go all the time.

My husband actually spends at least an hour every night on the computer checking military flights and cruises and coordinating vacations. That is what he loves to do - plan vacations. I don't do any part of the planning at all. He just tells me what he found and asks me if I want to go. He books it and does all the paper work and insurances for travel.

Actually, it works quite well. He plans it and pays for it. I pack for it and scrap it.

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

I have never tried to ski - I have very weak ankles and bad knees so I doubt I ever do. I would be a broken leg waiting to happen. However, Bill had to ski in the army with an 80 pound pack on his back so he can handle it but he is not a great skier.

He was with a lot of people in Utah before we got married and they wanted to go skiing so they went to a ski lodge.

They decided on the diamond slope and Bill told them that was way over his head but he would do it. They all got to the top ready to go down and they said go.

They all knew Bill was competitive and give it all he could which is what he did. When they said go, only Bill and one other guy took off. The rest stayed at the top.

Bill took off nice and easy because he wasn't use to the difficult slope and the other guy took off like a jack rabbit and was gone. BIll said his mouth was just hanging open, the guy was at the bottom of the slope before Bill had even made a good start going down. And the others didn't even try it - they got a lift back down.

When Bill got to the bottom of the slope - finally about 15 minutes behind of the guy he though he would beat, all of them were at the bottom laughing.

They had set Bill up to compete with the Olympic ski team gold medalist from one of the Scandinavian countries.

Bill still laughs about that.

I am not athletic at all so nothing I do watch him a lot - he is still excellent on ice skates and hikes and does all the things he did when he was in special forces, only he does them a lot slower since he's 67 years old!

angel1dot0
Expert
angel1dot0

That is a funny story. And your Bill had some serious courage to go down a diamond hill if he wasn't feeling comfortable with it.

One of my more memorable falls last week was actually on a diamond hill too. I had built up some speed and I slipped, tumbled and slid 30 yards down the hill on my stomach. I was so pumped on adrenaline when it happened that I kept laughing the whole way down.

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

I can't even imagine that! You are a brave soul!

Bill is one of those people who will do anything. I never thought of it as courage, he has always been that way.

Courage I'm not sure. He just believes he can do anything until he discovers for himself that he can't. At least not at his age and now that he has a pacemaker.

We have company now and the 12 year old brought a hoverboard. I'm very pleased he has jump on that yet and tried to go. A few years ago I couldn't have stopped him.

Joanie R
Guru
Joanie R

Kimberly - Congrats on your milestone!

angel1dot0
Expert
angel1dot0
In response to Joanie R

I stay away from anything with the name 'board' in it: surf board, skateboard, hover board, snowboard. It always ends badly for me.
The only 'board' I like is board games. Can't get enough of them =)

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

That sounds like a great policy. Only board games. Prefix board.

But if it ends in board - not for me!

jaxxan
jaxxan 
Mayor
jaxxan

******Random thought*****

As I sit and struggle yet again to try to put together a layout with the same pictures, I can't help but wonder, Is it possible ....could it be....just maybe that one can have too much stash to render one completely useless?????

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean
In response to jaxxan

Never thought about it but you could be right! Does seem like it was simpler when I had less stuff. More stuff does seem to make the decisions of what to do and what to use harder.

angel1dot0
Expert
angel1dot0

I know from database handling that the processing tends to be slower if there is a lot of information stored.
I guess that a large stash could have a similar effect on your decision making. You just have too many options to review before deciding.
I've heard of people in the forums who put together kits with their stuff, maybe that will limit your options somewhat.

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

I think when I'm using paper and trimmer its hard to remember what all my options are - with all the stuff I was wonder if a different paper might have been better that I didn't try (how do you try them all when you have about 3,000 pieces of paper) and the perfect embellie for my granddaugther's layout. Or whatever I'm working on.

I found one in "child" but was there a better choice in "little girl and princess" or the family file with words like "granddaughter" or how about the "animals" file with one of the cute puppy she was playing with on the beach or since we were in "Georgia", I need to look through the "state" collection and then find "Georgia" but we were at the beach in so I should look through "beach and tropical" and since there is a palm tree - I should look in the "Flower, plants and trees" container for something to go with the tree on the beach.

Brads or enamel dots? Silk flowers or paper? Which punch? Stickles - I never remember to use stickles and I always mean too.

And now, slice or Cricket? And what font or which images?

A lot of stash can make it a lot more complicated. And then when the layout is finished, I usually find the exact thing that would have made it perfect. Or better anyway.

karenstep
Veteran
karenstep

I definitely agree that more stash can make it more difficult and slow down the process. I've never been one to have a really large stash - I like to buy supplies to go with what I'm working on rather then try to find something that I can make work in my existing stash since I feel like I "should be" using that.

My mom scrapbooks too and she has about 5x the supplies that I do - it's crazy! She has like 5 drawers of patterned paper alone - takes forever just to find one sheet of paper to use - then she has to go back through them all and find another one to coordinate with that!

I do like to kit stuff together - if I have a couple sheets of paper and embellishments that I like together, I'll store them together so it's all already there when I want to use it. I have a couple of 12x12 bins that I keep that stuff in. Plus, its fun to mix and match stuff out of your stash and see what you can come up with.

Edited by karenstep on 03-15-16 08:01 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean
In response to karenstep

I like mixing and matching stuff out of my stash.

I make kits for particular pictures and pack them for crops but they are kits for specific projects, but I don't make random kits. That would be a good idea but I know I would never get around to actually doing it.

jaxxan
jaxxan 
Mayor
jaxxan

Henri's post about decisions is like she is in my head......quick Henri run for your life! Karen you are so right it takes forever to go through large amounts of paper to find just the ones to work together.
Angel, I agree making kits can help, I do it for overnight crops and layouts get done.. Right now its just a struggle to pull together papers and embellishments.
Its just this set of pictures, I think my expectations are high and my ideas are all over the place. I have started two different two page layouts for this set of pictures since last year's National Scrapbook Day! This one makes my third attempt. Now I feel the pressure to make it a show stopper but instead it will probably be a show ender.

I think may have had an idea while in that great idea place called the shower. I will let you know! Thank you so much for helping and understanding!

Edited by jaxxan on 03-15-16 10:27 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

jaxxan
jaxxan 
Mayor
jaxxan
In response to jaxxan

I just had to say, thinking of paper stashes. We just had the Stamping and Scrapping Expo in Pleasanton. Had the best time especially at the make and take crop. Walked away with loads of cool stuff!

Anyway.....I am cruising through the shopping area before a class and lo and behold what do I see in the back corner? Echo Park with tables loaded down with collection packs, 6x6 pads, embellishments and dies. OMG! Talk about buying what you sworn you wouldn't buy, more paper! It was too hard to resist. Full 12x12 collections for $4.00 yes $4.00. 6x6 pads for $2.00. My shoulder was sore for two days after the expo from the weight of what I bought!

If the expo comes to you, I would recommend the Thursday night make and take crop. If Echo Park is there watch out, crazy things happen around that booth! Money flies out of pockets magically!

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean
In response to jaxxan

That sounds like so much fun!

Kimberly Rae
Diva
Kimberly Rae

Hi all.... I haven't been around these past couple of days because I haven't been feeling good at all. Hopefully I'll be back at it soon. Right now I just need to rest.

Kimberly Rae
Diva
Kimberly Rae

Couldn't sleep last night. Hello ladies. Good morning. How is everyone....?

karenstep
Veteran
karenstep

Good morning! Beautiiul card Kimberly! Hope you are feeling better.

That expo sounds really fun - I looked it up and it is coming to Milwaukee, just about an hour away from me, in April. I'll have to think about going - although by the sounds of it I'll go broke at the Echo Park booth - LOVE Echo Park stuff.

I was hoping to run to the hobby store today and pick up another album to complete my post-bound album conversion to ring-bound, but it is stormy and super windy here today so not the greatest day to go out. Maybe this evening. I haven't worked on much this week - got the last few Christmas layouts done the other day. Now I just need to do lot and lots of puppy pictures and I'll be caught up for 2015.

Edited by karenstep on 03-24-16 03:49 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Kimberly Rae
Diva
Kimberly Rae
In response to karenstep

Hi all.... back form the Dr. I messed up my rotator cuff about 20 years ago, the Navy did a 'quick fix' on it, and I've been in pain off and on since. The past three week have been the worst, and have caused me some sleepless nights. Ugh. No fun at all. So today I'm just going to kick back, watch Netflix and Hulu and drink my healthy smoothies... Thanks for letting me rant. You gals are the best!

jaxxan
jaxxan 
Mayor
jaxxan

Oh Kimberly I am so sorry to hear your not feeling well. Rotator cuff is the worse, we never really know how many different ways our shoulder is affected by movement until its injured! I like your therapy!
Hopefully you will be up and around soon! Love the card and the new AVI.

Karen, just curious regarding your album conversion is it one to one or are you able to fit more into the ring album?
Oh gosh, if you can go over night to the expo I would do it (I only say that because its an hour away) I have never taken classes or participated in one of their crops before this year, but I had a blast. Plus, I came home with sooooo much free stuff.

Edited by jaxxan on 03-16-16 01:19 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

karenstep
Veteran
karenstep
In response to jaxxan

Jill - I'm just converting my son's sports albums. I usually buy ring bound albums for everything else now. I was able to convert 3 post bound into 2 ring bound, but I need 2 more albums for his upcoming sports seasons and for future seasons. I'm trying to plan ahead and get the coordinating albums while I still can!

jaxxan
jaxxan 
Mayor
jaxxan
In response to karenstep

Thanks Karen. I was curious as I recently had someone I cropped with asking about ring binder and if she would have to invest in the same amount as post. When I changed over it was from strap but I keep them just started the next album with a ring.

Kimberly Rae
Diva
Kimberly Rae
In response to jaxxan

• jaxxan Said:
I just had to say, thinking of paper stashes. We just had the Stamping and Scrapping Expo in Pleasanton. Had the best time especially at the make and take crop. Walked away with loads of cool stuff!

Anyway.....I am cruising through the shopping area before a class and lo and behold what do I see in the back corner? Echo Park with tables loaded down with collection packs, 6x6 pads, embellishments and dies. OMG! Talk about buying what you sworn you wouldn't buy, more paper! It was too hard to resist. Full 12x12 collections for $4.00 yes $4.00. 6x6 pads for $2.00. My shoulder was sore for two days after the expo from the weight of what I bought!

If the expo comes to you, I would recommend the Thursday night make and take crop. If Echo Park is there watch out, crazy things happen around that booth! Money flies out of pockets magically!

Hey Jill! I'm in the Sacramento Valley!!! I had thought about doing the bus trip to the Pleasanton Expo but it was the same time I was on vacation. Are you going to come to the Sacramento one in October? Let me know!!!

Kimberly Rae
Diva
Kimberly Rae

Well, for 45 minutes...Thinking of having a virtual crop this Friday night.... anyone interested? Also, I have a Bodacious Blinging Diva's group on FB, friend me, Kimberly Rae Cole and get in on that fun too!

karenstep
Veteran
karenstep

Hi all! Been quiet around here these last few days....is anyone working on anything fun?

Its been a busy last week for me, I haven't worked on any scrapping - got swamped at work the end of last week and it was my son's birthday over the weekend so we had family here over the weekend. This week is spring break so the kids are home so not sure if I'll get much time to work on stuff or not.

They are predicting a possible snow storm for us later this week, so if that hits I will hunker down with a blanket and scrapbook!

jaxxan
jaxxan 
Mayor
jaxxan

HI Kimberly,
Glad your up and around, hopefully your feeling better.
Sacramento is tempting as I hear it's large and tons of fun but I spent a fortune on classes and product in Pleasanton. I am not even sure I will go to Santa Clara which is in my area.

Otherwise I would try to arrange something, but I hope you can go and have as good of time as I did!

jaxxan
jaxxan 
Mayor
jaxxan
In response to karenstep

Oh gosh Karen, you are busy. That is a lot going on in one week and the weather is not helping either.

I am trying to finish a little book I am making to hold all my password notes that are all over my desk. Now I have paper, trimmers and three projects spread out all over my desk, which put me in panic when I couldn't find my little notes with all my passwords! I can't help but feel I am living the statement " chasing my tail"!

Edited by jaxxan on 03-21-16 05:56 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Kimberly Rae
Diva
Kimberly Rae
In response to jaxxan

Posting from my iPhone. In hospital, had bad chest pains, waiting on Dr. to see if they are going to admit me. Prayers please.

angel1dot0
Expert
angel1dot0
In response to karenstep

I'm working on creating a virus that could potentially wipe out all of human kind... Just kidding, I've just got sick.
I've spent my whole scrapping budget on buying airplane tickets for myself so I can visit Stockholm and Paris.
Currently the only thing happening in my art room is my nieces discovering the magic of shrink film.

flhomeschoolmom
Guru
flhomeschoolmom

This might not be my place to share this, but I don't feel too badly about it because it was shared in another post.

Kimberly was admitted to the hospital yesterday into the cardiac care unit. They are doing a heart cath on her this morning. PLEASE keep her in your prayers, she is rather scared about the procedure. If anyone would like to send her a "thinking of you" card or anything, just PM me.

Edited by flhomeschoolmom on 03-22-16 05:01 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Joanie R
Guru
Joanie R

Keeping Kimberly in my prayers too.

Met with my card group Saturday. Pics to follow. My daughter and her boyfriend also visited with their pup this weekend so it's been rather busy at my house. Other than my card group, I haven't had a chance to do anything crafty. Their puppy is little but she's HIGH energy and my poor dog is neurotic so....not a good mix but we made it work.

I'll try to get pics of my cards up soon! Have a great day every one!

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean
In response to Joanie R

Saw on another thread that Kimberly was in the hospital. Please keep us updated and let us know how she is doing!

We are on the road. At least I have 4 days in my room in Vegas to try to get the pages on Hampton Court in England done. Actually, I don't plan to leave my room. I plan to finish England and hopefully get started on the Norway cruise while I'm here.

Have a stack of stuff to scan from Flagstaff yesterday to this is my own one-person crop for the next 4 days!

jaxxan
jaxxan 
Mayor
jaxxan

• Kimberly Rae Said:
Posting from my iPhone. In hospital, had bad chest pains, waiting on Dr. to see if they are going to admit me. Prayers please.

Sending you positive thoughts Kimberly Rae! I am sorry to just catch this now, I am hoping the best for you and we hear from you soon!

Edited by jaxxan on 03-22-16 08:17 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

jaxxan
jaxxan 
Mayor
jaxxan
In response to Joanie R

UH Joanie....I went looking for puppy pictures in your gallery and didn't see any!!!!! When you post can you put them in here too? I love puppy photos!
What kind of puppy did you daughter get?

Henri, How many pictures do you need scrap? Do you go to the gardens when in England? I am impressed you are in your room in Vegas to scrap. I hope you get out a bit!

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean
In response to jaxxan

For England I only have about 300 more to scrap so that isn't bad. All together for all the trips - about 3,250 - goal is to get it done this year.

Won't scrap them all but will scrap some from every port, place or event.

We love to go to gardens when we travel. In England we went through the gardens at Hampton Court Palace - that is Henry VIII's old palace and it is where a lot of the big flower shows are held. They have a buggy pulled by Clydesdales through the gardens so we did that. It was fun.

Also went through gardens at Anne Hathaways House in Straford upon Avon - that's the woman Shakespeare married.

My favorite garden is the Garden by the Bay in Singapore. Have scrapped that twice. That place is amazing!

I scrapped until about 6 this evening when Bill got home from the license plate meet and then we went to one of the other hotels/casinos for dinner. Had a nice steak.

They have the tiny museum in this hotel that has a couple of Bonnie and Clyde's cars - including the one they were killed in - has over 100 bullet holes in it. Tomorrow I need to take a few minutes and walk to the lobby and get pictures of that to scrap although I've scrapped it before.

Not a gambler so the casinos hold very little appeal for me. In fact no appeal.

There is an outlet mall with a shuttle and a monorail to get to it so I may venture over there tomorrow although I really don't need anything. I may go shop anyway.

The license plate meet is here every year and we used to come here for it each year and spend a week. I got burned out on Vegas a long time ago.

Usually I put the Vegas time as when I stay in the room and work on my real estate continuing education but I'm not ready to take it this time. I spend 3 or 4 full days in the room taking care of that when we are usually here. The timing usually works out perfect to meet my Florida renewal requirements and then in 2017 I have to do my Georgia requirements and testing again so if we come to Vegas next year - that is what I will be doing!

Joanie R
Guru
Joanie R
In response to jaxxan

• jaxxan Said:
UH Joanie....I went looking for puppy pictures in your gallery and didn't see any!!!!! When you post can you put them in here too? I love puppy photos!
What kind of puppy did you daughter get?

I definitely can post some pictures of her. Goodness knows we took enough of them in the two times we've visited with her. Hahaha! She is a morkiepoo. Yorkie, maltese and poodle mix. She weighs five pounds right now and is four months old. I'll try to get some up later today. Thanks for asking!

jaxxan
jaxxan 
Mayor
jaxxan
In response to Joanie R

AWWWW, sounds like an adorable puppy. Looking forward to the pictures.

Henri, I went through several pages of your gallery looking for Gardens of England after being side tracked several times by some of your other layouts, I decided to wait to see your more recent uploads. Your travels are so impressive as are your pages. I love the clean format you chose, it makes all your amazing pictures and journaling stand out. They really draw me in to read about them. Hopefully that makes sense.

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean
In response to jaxxan

Thank you so much Jill. What a compliment! I haven't posted any England layouts yet - still working on them. I work on them chronologically and post chronologically. Probably wouldn't do that if they weren't travel layouts - but for travel layouts it is just easier to work them and post them in order.

Right now I'm posting Papua New Guinea and then will move on to the rest of the 2014 World Cruise (I did 2015 world cruise while we were on the cruise on sea days so I posted it last year).

When I get through posting the 2014 World Cruise I will post England pictures.

From there I will do layouts for Norway and the polar ice cap, which I'm working on next. Then Holland, all over Ireland and Scotland, more of England then Iceland and Greenland and then Boston in the US. I think I have Hawaii and Cancun after that and it will bring me through 2014. Our travelling was seriously out of control in 2014.

Fortunately, 2015 is almost done.

Still have Guam, Saipan and a few South Pacific Islands to do for 2015 and another Singapore trip. (Been to Singapore 3 times in the past 2 years so I always seem to have Singapore layouts).

Then I'm caught up! My goal is to catch up in 2016!

Went to McDonalds in the Casino and grabbed a hamburger for lunch today and stopped at the Bonnie and Clyde death car. Got okay pictures - impossible to get good pictures of something like that with slot machines and casino lights all around it. Still, will have fun doing some layouts on Bonnie and Clyde!

By the way - I saw your note that you honeymooned in Tahiti! That is a romantic place for a honeymoon. That market you recognized is awesome - I've been there 3 times now and each time Bill has bought a big flower arrangement for me to put in our cabin.

Were you talking about any gardens in England specifically or just in general? So many gorgeous flowers and gardens in England. Ireland and Scotland too!

flhomeschoolmom
Guru
flhomeschoolmom

I did hear from Kimberly this evening. She was released from the hospital this afternoon and is home now. But she is very tired and is resting. Perhaps she will feel up to visiting the boards in the next few days.

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

Thank you for letting us know! I'm sure she is exhausted! Hospitals always make me tired - the last place in the world to get any rest!

Kimberly Rae
Diva
Kimberly Rae

Henri, where in Vegas are you staying?

Hi girls!!!! I'm baaaaack. Just got up from a nap a little while ago and my wonderful husband is cooking dinner. I didn't have to have the heart cath, long story short the cardiologist on duty thought it would harm my kidneys and it was too soon after my last one. I'll spare you the drama. But I'm home, feeling better and I am resting....and life resumes tomorrow. (read my blog post and you'll see why). Love you ladies and thank you so much for your thoughts and prayers! They worked! Big hugs!

Kimberly Rae
Diva
Kimberly Rae

Yes, I'm using duplicate posts... LOL. I am supposed to rest ya know...haha.

flhomeschoolmom
Guru
flhomeschoolmom

Don't feel bad about using duplicate posts Kimberly, I've been known to do the same thing. Oh, and don't hate me too much for keeping the groups informed about you. We just you

I'm going to before Kimberly throws something at me

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

Hi Kimberly - we are staying in Primm at Whiskey Pete's - part of the Primm Valley chain. On Saturday afternoon we leave for San Diego. Our newest granddaughter is about 4 months and we haven't seen her yet.

Kimberly Rae
Diva
Kimberly Rae

Ali... I would never throw anything at you! LOL. Silly woman!

Henri, nice, I love Vegas for the shows and the pool at the Flamingo... I'm not much of a gambler, I lost $5 the last time I was in Vegas 18 years ago for mine and David's anniversary and I went back to the room, changed into my bathing suit and went and laid by the pool drinking fruity drinks (virgin mind you) and reading fashion magazines.

Well I got busy and made a card for the Cardiac Unit were I stayed this week. As always, I had an amazing staff of nurses that took care of me.

Page 2 of 5 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics