Page 4 of 5 
Username Post: Bodacious Blinging Divas...        (Topic#1661063)
angel1dot0
Expert
angel1dot0
In response to Henri Jean

I'm not sure about the multiplying scrap supplies, but there's definitely a scandinavian troll somewhere in my room that messes up everything when I'm not looking.
Maybe it's looking for the scissors or something.

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean
In response to angel1dot0

When I go to the store and buy 30 sheets of patterned paper, the next day, there are 40. I don't know where it all comes form. It just kind of sneaks up on me. Certainly I don't buy it all!

jaxxan
jaxxan 
Mayor
jaxxan

I agree. I think something is up with my computer because I keep getting deliveries of new scrappy supplies I don't remember ordering.

Edited by jaxxan on 05-15-16 09:01 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

angel1dot0
Expert
angel1dot0
In response to jaxxan

Jaxxan,that's funny =)
I remember making an order and I hope it will show up on my birthday in 2 weeks.

In the meantime I've experimented with a hot glue gun and some silicon cake molds. The only problem with the hot glue is that the surface becomes very shiny.
Flowercrown skull atc

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

My husband always says, "Help - Our cruise control is broken. They just keep booking themselves!"

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

A few nights ago from the wife of a friend of Bills that there was a death but we couldn't tell from the email if it was his friend or his elephant. I'm not making this up. We were completely confused.

A little history. Reed and Bill were in Special Forces together for a lot of years. Reed was stationed a lot in Thailand but Bill never was, although they were in Germany and other places together. I've met Reed once in 2007 when we vacationed together for almost 2 weeks.

Anyway, after Reed got out of the military he missed Thailand and went back to the area where he had lived just to see it again. He went to his favorite old bar and a lovely young waitress was talking to him. The place was pretty empty so they were able to talk.

He told her that he had been stationed here many years earlier and he used to come to this bar. Was glad it was still here. She told him her father was an American soldier and she had always hoped to find him. Reed asked her what her father's name was and she said she didn't know. It was someone her mother had a short relationship with.

She then told him she had a picture, would he see if he knew who the man might be. Reed told her he knew a lot of the men stationed there when he was so he would try.

She left for a few minutes to go home and came back a picture of a young soldier that her mother had given to her. It was Reed! This was his daughter. He had no idea he had a fathered a child!

Since it was his only child and Reed wasn't married, he immediately made the decision to move to Thailand to be near his daughter and they actually developed a very close relationship as a father-daughter.

I think he moved there in the late 90's so the daughter would have been an older teen or around 20.

When he moved to Thailand (a very remote part in the rurual area), he got an elephant which was an old elephant but they live a long long long time! It was already an old elephant when he got it.

Bill used to have pictures of himself playing with the elephant and on his side rolled up in the elephants truck like a circus performer. The elephant would walk around with Bill complete sideways curled up in his trunk - I've seen the pictures but don't know what happened to them (they weren't digital and were never scanned).

The elephant used to pick Bill up with his trunk and set Bill on his back.

Anyway, we got an email from Reed's wife that said, "I'm sorry to have to tell you but Papa died tonight. It happened very peacefully in his sleep."

Bill looked at me and said, "I don't know if Reed died or his elephant died."

I asked him if his wife or anyone ever called Reed Papa and he said they did not, or at least not that he ever heard. But they did call the elephant Papa because it was so old.

We thought that maybe it was the elephant that died then, but if it had been the elephant that died, it would be more likely that Reed would tell Bill, not have his wife unless he was really grieving over the death of his elephant. He had never received an email from Reed's wife before.

Bill still wasn't sure so he responded that he was sorry, to stay in touch and let him know if she needed anything.

He didn't want to come out and ask if it was her husband or his elephant. So he hoped she would reply and give him a clue if one of his best army buddies had died.

She emailed him back and said that burial arrangements had not been made yet. They were waiting on instructions from the embassy.

When she said embassy, we knew it was Reed and not the elephant. The embassy would not have been involved if the elephant had died.

Apparantly Reed and his daughter because very close. Then when Reed married a local woman from Thailand, the three of them became a family and were close for many years. Both his wife and his daughter were with him when he died.

I expected Bill to be a lot more upset than he is. Before Bill and I got back together in 2008, he used to visit Reed and his wife every year in Thailand. They even came to Florida once or twice to see him but I never met Reed's wife. Only met Reed one time for the 2 week vacation in Key West.

To make this story even stranger, Reed had a sister who lived in Seattle, which was why he often came to the United States (once every year or two). She died the day after Reed died.

I guess the elephant is still alive and doing well. It isn't funny, but it is. One of those twisted, perverted kinds of funny.

It was all I could do to keep from laughing when Bill looked at me confused and said, "Either Reed just died or his elephant just died. I'm not sure which one."

Then I saw him smile when he realized how stupid that sounded.

mjmone
mjmone 
Idol
mjmone

Sorry about the loss of your friend, but what a beautiful story about him and his daughter...even though he left Thailand, he sensed he left a piece of his heart there. I'm glad he found it and was made whole again.

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean
In response to mjmone

Thanks. He and Bill were really close in the army - best buddies. However, in the past 9 or 10 years they really lost touch - just a few emails.

I hate finding humor in the situation but there was some humor when Bill was trying to figure out how to answer the email because we weren't sure if Reed or his elephant had died!

When I think about it, when I die, I hope there is something humorous that will make people smile. Or even laugh - that is so good for healing.

When my daddy died my brother's wife's sister drove in about 100 miles for the funeral and wanted to get there early to be with the family before the funeral. She got pulled over for speeding and the police officer asked her what the hurry was. She told him she was on the way to a funeral.

He let her go and she could tell that the officer didn't really believe her but still, let her go on the chance that she was telling the truth but told her to slow down.

When she went to my brother's house for a while before the funeral to help my brother and his wife (her sister).

When she got to the funeral (which was about 50 miles from where she was stopped), the first person she ran into was the police officer. They had a good laugh. He was a friend of my dads and had no idea she was going to the same funeral!

Even in the saddest of moments, there is usually something to make you smile. That is how it should be. Or at least how I want it to be.

Joanie R
Guru
Joanie R

Made some graduation cards this weekend.

Way to Go! Graduation card By Joanie R
You did it! By Joanie R

Have a great day everyone!

Kimberly Rae
Diva
Kimberly Rae
In response to Joanie R

Hi all. I'm back from my retreat, got back last night around 11 PM... I worked in the kitchen at the retreat helping cook meals for 70+ people and I am spent. This Thursday is my surgery consult, tomorrow I'm doing laundry, Wednesday I go help cook our church's monthly homeless/hungry meal... so this week will be hit or miss on creative time. Oh, and the church yard sale is on Saturday for which I'm going to be unloading a LOT of stuff.... time to declutter...

Kimberly Rae
Diva
Kimberly Rae
In response to Kimberly Rae

Had a bit of a setback today in the heart area. I'm home now, but not after a long day at the hospital. I am so tired of this.

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

I'm sorry Kimberly. You've really had a struggle. Hope it gets all better now - I know you are tired of it!

Joanie R
Guru
Joanie R

I saw your FB post. You've been in my prayers. I wish for better days ahead for you.

Edited by Joanie R on 05-18-16 01:51 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Kimberly Rae
Diva
Kimberly Rae
In response to Joanie R

Thanks gals. Home in the comfy chair with my laptop. Surgery consult is tomorrow. Today is supposed to be in the high 90's... finally turned the air conditioning on. I'm just going to veg today, look at Heidi Swapp stuff and blog a little... http://alteredwhimseys.blogpot.com

Joanie R
Guru
Joanie R

• Kimberly Rae Said:
Thanks gals. Home in the comfy chair with my laptop. Surgery consult is tomorrow. Today is supposed to be in the high 90's... finally turned the air conditioning on. I'm just going to veg today, look at Heidi Swapp stuff and blog a little... http://alteredwhimseys.blogpot.com

Checking out the class, Kimberly? It's super cute!

Kimberly Rae
Diva
Kimberly Rae
In response to Joanie R

Joanie, not yet. Going to go up into the craft room to do that. I've been hanging out downstairs having a Netflix bingefest of Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Been playing with my Becky Higgins Project Life app...

Joanie R
Guru
Joanie R

I need to get on that bandwagon. Glad you are resting up. Feel better!

Kimberly Rae
Diva
Kimberly Rae
In response to Joanie R

Hi all... had a bit of a setback again on Thursday. Heart again. Still kind of out of it and exhausted. Home though, resting. Back to cardiologist on Friday.

Kimberly Rae
Diva
Kimberly Rae

Finally back in the studio... and just a reminder ladies...

Kimberly Rae
Diva
Kimberly Rae

Some of you may know from my posts on other threads here that my family has taken my beloved Grams off of life support yesterday. Grams raised me from the time I was four years old until I left home to go into the Navy. She is my best friend and this is killing me being so far away. My mom is working on getting me an airline ticket home as we speak.

Kimberly Rae
Diva
Kimberly Rae

Yesterday I gained another guardian angel... but today and yesterday have just been awash in the deepest darkest parts of my emotions. I've never felt this much grief since I delivered my stillborn daughter Kate. I feel split in two. Things for me right now are on the back burner, and I apologize for the delay in the Blinging Diva Challenge for NSD... life happens. Please request my wishes for privacy at this time. Thank you all in advance for your prayers.

Kimberly Rae
Diva
Kimberly Rae

Hi ladies... amidst all the chaos going on I finally did get busy and do a layout on my Project Life app...

I'm not sure how much I'll be on starting next week, with packing and flying to FL for Gram's celebration of life it's gonna be chaotic city.

Kimberly Rae
Diva
Kimberly Rae

OMG I'm on featured digital... wayyyyy cooool. Thought I would toot my horn here.

Joanie R
Guru
Joanie R

Congratulations, Kimberly!

Joanie R
Guru
Joanie R
In response to Joanie R

Kimberly, it looks like you had a wonderful time visiting your family. I'm glad you were able to get away and relax a little bit.

Since DD got engaged, I made her and Ryan a little somethin' somethin'. I got the inspiration from Prima with the watercolor canvas they have been doing. So much fun! I also had to make them a card with Minnie and Mickey on it, cuz, c'mon, they got engaged at Disney! Thanks for looking!

Engagement present By Joanie R
Mouse Engagement card By Joanie R

angel1dot0
Expert
angel1dot0
In response to Joanie R

Is there anybody else here who likes to art journal?
I made this on the weekend, but I feel like I'm getting stuck in a rut and I could use some tips on new techniques. What are your favorites?

Red right hand

Kimberly Rae
Diva
Kimberly Rae

Hi all, just popping my head in here... to say FL was insane is an understatement. Give me a few days to get back on CA time, upload all my photos, and decompress...

to sum it up...
fun, drama, fun more family drama, fun fun, hospital for four days, home, sleep, girls day out, fun, sleeeeeep, plane ride, home, now I'm wide awake and feeling pretty useless..ugh.

flhomeschoolmom
Guru
flhomeschoolmom

I'm just popping in to say everyone! I'm so sorry that I have been gone for so long. I've had a lot of "personal" and "family" issues to take care of. But, I decided to check in and let everyone who isn't on my FB know that I am alright. It still might be a bit before I'm REALLY active again on the forums, but I'm hanging in there.

Since I've been away, my husband's physical condition has taken a bit of a down turn...but he's coping alright. I wish that there was a good medication for his psoriatic arthritis that didn't run a risk of killing him. The medication his doctor put him on for severe hip and joint pain, was not a good one for him and he had to come off of it due to extreme chest pains. He's back to just using Motrin.

I got the opportunity to spend a little bit of time with my birth mom and my grandma. And I've had to come to the realization that my mother is dying. I don't know how long she actually has left, but I know that she is on a downward decline. It's bitter sweet in a way.

My youngest son has gotten glasses, and most of the time he doesn't want to wear them. He's 15, so it's an "issue". And I have to remember that once upon a time I was also a teenager with an "image" issue, lol.

Over the weekend and coming weeks I am going to be extremely busy because my family is growing. No, I'm not pregnant. I have been helping to look after my husband's grandmother and physically/mentally handicapped great aunt for several years now. But recently, grandma had a mini stroke...it's the 3rd one in about a year and a half and the second one this year. She is no longer able to properly care for her disabled sister and herself. So, my MIL is moving out and moving in with her mom. My duplex is getting converted back into a single family home, and my husband's great aunt is coming to live with us. I have just acquired a full time job that I will be getting paid for. The job is to take care of a lady that I dearly love and the added income will enable my family to pay ALL of the bills on this house. BUT, I will have outside family members making regular unannounced visits to my house to "inspect" that the aunt is being properly cared for. But, my husband's aunt is ecstatic and says "I can't wait to go live with you". I hope I can make her remaining days a joy. But, at the same time I know that she is heading down the road to becoming bed ridden. I sometimes question how to treat her as both an adult and a child because physically she is a 70 yr. old lady...but mentally she is about 9 or 10. All I can say is that I still require the prayers of people that I consider dear friends. I can also say that I decided that this lady is getting back the stuffed animals that her sister took away from her a couple of months back

Kimberly Rae
Diva
Kimberly Rae
In response to flhomeschoolmom

Hello ladies... I haven't fallen off the face of the earth, it's just been a super crazy month. With that said I will let you know that I may not be on in the next few weeks. Thursday, July 7th I will be undergoing open heart surgery to hopefully repair the artery that has been giving me so much trouble. To say I'm a little scared is an understatement, however I know that my God has got me and I have the support of my friends and family all over. I will be posting this to FB as well. David will be posting once I get out of surgery and into recovery and ICU as I will pretty much be zombie girl throughout that whole process. I have missed you ladies and once I get to where I can sit up for long periods of time and move more freely I will be back in the art room. See you soon (online that is).

Kimberly Rae

Joanie R
Guru
Joanie R

Take care, Kimberly! I wish you a speedy recovery!

flhomeschoolmom
Guru
flhomeschoolmom
In response to Joanie R

Kimberly underwent a heart bypass yesterday. Her husband posted an update to FB and said that she came through the surgery well, her doctor was pleased with the results, and she would be in recovery for a while. I am waiting for today's update on her.

If anyone would like to send her a card, PM me.

flhomeschoolmom
Guru
flhomeschoolmom

Kimberly is feeling up to posting a few messages to FB now. She is getting out of ICU today and going into Cardiac Progressive Care. Please continue to pray for her.

Kimberly Rae
Diva
Kimberly Rae

Hi all... I am home... all up in my 'healing fort' and watching my favorite movies...such as Too Wong Foo, Thanks For Everything, Star Wars, the Avengers.

angel1dot0
Expert
angel1dot0

I love the avengers too. Loki is such eye-candy =)

Kimberly Rae
Diva
Kimberly Rae

I'm an Iron Man gal.....

Kimberly Rae
Diva
Kimberly Rae

Finally getting some stuff out there... haven't worked on any 'hard copy' pages yet....

Kimberly Rae
Diva
Kimberly Rae

Where did all my Diva's go?

flhomeschoolmom
Guru
flhomeschoolmom

I'm here, but I'm sort of lurking because I haven't gotten too much crafty things finished. And the 1 card and envelope that I did get finished, I did not scan and upload because I didn't want YOU to see it before it arrived in your mailbox

Kimberly Rae
Diva
Kimberly Rae

Well, I got a card done for David and a batch of four Christmas cards done for my Thursday Preview on my blog http://alteredwhimseys.blogspot.com today.

flhomeschoolmom
Guru
flhomeschoolmom

What an adorable card Kimberly! I really like that lightning bolt. I'm not sure if I'm going to start on Christmas cards tonight or if i'm going to make embellishments for my niece's high school book.

angel1dot0
Expert
angel1dot0

Christmas cards already?
I had a friend who told me last week that she was already planning the xmas presents for her friends. I feel so irresponsible all of a sudden.

Joanie R
Guru
Joanie R

Shaker card I made last weekend, with Bling, of course!
Shaker card By Joanie R

flhomeschoolmom
Guru
flhomeschoolmom
In response to Joanie R

Here's the reality as to WHY I'm planning on starting my Christmas Cards soon, and why I haven't put away my Christmas papers. There is a board that I belong to that does a Christmas card swap, and last year I was unable to participate due to not having enough cards already done and financial issues that prevented me from going out and purchasing a bunch of premade cards, envelopes and stamps. However, several of the ladies were absolutely wonderful and sent me some of the most beautiful cards that I've ever gotten even though I wasn't able to send any to them. This year, I want to mail cards to them too So, if I start making them NOW then I *should* have enough made

However, right now my brain is going into crafty over drive or it has crafty ADD because I keep finding myself bouncing from one crafty idea to another. And even when I'm not sitting down with my craft stuff, my brain is still in over drive with ideas, lol.

Kimberly Rae
Diva
Kimberly Rae

I love that card Joanie! I'm going to be laying low the next couple of days. Think I over did it last week. David went back to work on Thursday and without 'supervision' I think I over did it... LOL. Got cards to make this week, some Halloween ones and some Thanksgiving place cards to put on my website.

Joanie R
Guru
Joanie R

It's not hard to over do it, especially since we are used to doing it all! Slow down and take care. Glad you are feeling well enough to create.

flhomeschoolmom
Guru
flhomeschoolmom
In response to Joanie R

We are all notorious for "over doing it". I managed to come down with a bug over the weekend, and all I want to do today is rest. However, my husband's grandmother and mother have other plans for me...ok, the reality is that they BOTH came in my house without knocking and are both upset that my scrapbooking stuff is in the living room. I have been ORDERED to move my stuff!!!! WTH??????? Ugh...it's Monday again isn't it....lol. Gotta love Monday's!!!

Take care of yourself Kimberly

angel1dot0
Expert
angel1dot0

First days of the week are always the worst.
I can't wait for the weekend. My better half is going away and I plan to have scrapbooking stuff all over the house the moment he's out of the door. I'm going to do my art, eat ice cream for dinner and watch romantic comedies =)

Joanie R
Guru
Joanie R

Angel - That sounds like a wonderful way to spend the weekend!

Kimberly Rae
Diva
Kimberly Rae
In response to Joanie R

Feeling better since the new pain meds started working...

angel1dot0
Expert
angel1dot0

Happy to hear you're better. Nice bear =)

Kimberly Rae
Diva
Kimberly Rae

Angel, sounds like a plan to me... the ice cream and ROM COM's. My favorite ROM COM is Love Actually, then Notting Hill. David brought me the bear when I transferred from ICU to CPC (Cardiac Progressive Care). 44 years old and I still love my bears. I'm just a big kid.

I was going through my pictures on my phone and found this photo/digital layout

Kimberly Rae
Diva
Kimberly Rae

Guess what? I'm sitting up in my office chair in my craft room. Whoohoo! Not sure how long I'm going to be up, but I thought I would at least try to get something done today.

Kimberly Rae
Diva
Kimberly Rae

I am so excited, on Wednesday my sister-by-choice (BFF since Jr. High) called me to tell me she and her man are getting married next month! Unfortunately she is two states away and I am not yet cleared to travel. I am so bummed about that. Her daughter will be skyping it for me so I can be there. So I need to get hot and make a wedding card for her and her honey.

angel1dot0
Expert
angel1dot0

I thought I would check with you ladies for advice, since I imagine that a lot of you have probably had pregnant friends or been pregnant yourselves at some point.
My closest friend will have her first baby towards the end of the year. I was wondering if any of you know what would make a first time mother happy (other than love, peace on earth and good health to her baby).

Kimberly Rae
Diva
Kimberly Rae

A gift certificate for a massage for the mom. I don't speak from experience from myself (no kids), but it was a HUGE hit at a friend's bridal shower.

angel1dot0
Expert
angel1dot0

Thanks. That's a good idea.

flhomeschoolmom
Guru
flhomeschoolmom

Oh my, there are several things. IF she is going g to be nursing, get her some Lansenoe cream...I think that is how it is spelled. Anyways, it heals cracks, etc on mom's tender boobs AND it is safe if it gets in baby's mouth unlike lotion. What I did for family members was to make them a mom gift basket. I got a wicker basket that they could later use for baby's laundry. Inside I put some chocolate candies, some nursing cream, some bath products, a coffee cup, packets of cocoa's and/or tea. I also added a journal and some pens. My SIL, and my sister both fell in love with the baskets.

angel1dot0
Expert
angel1dot0

I'll definitely check out that cream, and I think I've got a basket at home already.
I was thinking about making her one of those 'baby's first year' journals that she can fill in with photos and other mementos. Do people still use those? I know my mom had one.

flhomeschoolmom
Guru
flhomeschoolmom

Yes, mom's still use baby's first year albums. I had a scrapbook for each of my boys. Sadly, my oldest son's got destroyed in a house fire in 2001, and I lost my youngest son's to a tornado in 2005!

That cream is AMAZING...I've used it when nursing both of my boys. And, it is wonderful when it instantly stops the pain from the cracks and tenderness that occurs when you have a miniature hoover vacuume cleaner attached to you multiple times a day for about 30 minutes each time! But, if you can't find that cream, she can also use coconut oil. And, if little baby gets cracked or chapped lips, she can use cooking oil on a cotton swab to rub over the baby's lips and heal the cracks. Things like chap stick, etc is not safe for babies under either 6 or 12 months.

angel1dot0
Expert
angel1dot0

oh wow. the "baby's first year" book should definitely have a page with home-fixes for health like your coconut and cooking oil suggestions.
I'm sorry that you've had to endure bad fortune with tornados and fire. Here's a much belated *hug*.

flhomeschoolmom
Guru
flhomeschoolmom

There are other natural remedies too. A teaspoon of white karo corn syrup in a bottle of breast milk or formula helps if the baby gets constipated. It isn't a laxative, but it helps to move things...that is until baby is old enough for things like prune juice or apple juice. Also, one teaspoon of baby rice cereal in an 8 ounce bottle helps baby keep formula or milk down if they have acid reflux! Both myself and my SIL have had to use the rice cereal trick. My youngest son needed it, and neither of her daughters could hold down feedings without it. Ok, I will stop with the remedies now.

angel1dot0
Expert
angel1dot0

Thanx, I've copied those tips for my 'ideas file'.

Phew, I finished this last night. I don't think I've ever learned so much in one project. Apparently gesso is a must when working with modeling paste, otherwise the dye inks won't stick to it.
Time

flhomeschoolmom
Guru
flhomeschoolmom

Here is the front cover that I made for my niece's high school memories book.

Memory Book Cover By Flhomeschoolmom

Kimberly Rae
Diva
Kimberly Rae

That is so cute Ali. Sorry I haven't been around, been having a bout of depression and still in the healing process. This week marks 4 weeks out of OR, and I'm doing great. I've been told that depression is almost to be expected, especially with women. For me my depression has spawned from an incident that occurred my second night in ICU in which they placed a CPAP mask on me in the middle of the night without my knowledge (I guess I was so out of it) and I awoke in a panic not being able to take it off. It was horrifying and I've been having nightmares and not able to sleep because of it. But I'm not going to go on about my medical stuff... I've finally got started on my Florida travel journal from my trip in June. In spite of the reason I had to go (the passing of my beloved 'Grams' who raised me) and what happened while I was there (small heart attack two days before Grams memorial) I had a great time and made a lot of memories and new friends.

Kimberly Rae
Diva
Kimberly Rae

Here it is.... it's all in one project.

angel1dot0
Expert
angel1dot0

I looked through the travel journal project, it's so simple and fresh. I really like it. Did you bind the book yourself or did you purchase a white notebook for it?

Kimberly Rae
Diva
Kimberly Rae

I bought it at Michael's, it's the smaller version of their brand of art journal.

flhomeschoolmom
Guru
flhomeschoolmom

Umm, I'm just popping in really quick to mention something that I just posted on my "Operation Happy Mail" thread in the Cardmaking and Stamping forum. Anyways, a SB.com member shared a link on a challenge thread that I belong to. I checked it out, and I wanted to cry. BUT...my little group (and anyone else who wants to jump in) can help this kid. Check out my post.

http://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showtopic.php?fid/95/ti...

Oh, one more thing, if you're the praying type then my family could use your prayers. Well, more specifically, I could use your prayers. It has to do with a health insurance issue...

Kimberly Rae
Diva
Kimberly Rae

Prayers on both counts. I'll check out the letter thread you posted.

Diva's doing a bit of a roll call with birthdays.... share yours...

Mine has already passed...

Kimberly Rae - June 8th 1972

flhomeschoolmom
Guru
flhomeschoolmom

Mine is January 20, 1979

angel1dot0
Expert
angel1dot0

Let's not play the birthday game. It makes me feel so ooooold. I think there's moss growing on my elbows.

Has anybody here ever tried selling your works on etsy or something?

Kimberly Rae
Diva
Kimberly Rae

No years Angel..... and you are not old... not by a long shot. Just days, so I can send cards to my Diva's on their special days...

Kimberly Rae
Diva
Kimberly Rae

Well it's a little after two in the morning here in California, I'm covered in silver glitter embossing powder and working on my huge project which is due on August 15th. Annnnd I've been listening to Christmas music, with the air conditioning on...haha. I grew up in FL, so that's not really anything new... but I'm in Northern CA, where it actually does get pretty cold sometimes, and it's August now so yes, it's a little weird, it gets me in the mood for working on some of the projects I'm doing.

angel1dot0
Expert
angel1dot0

Being covered in glitter is what being a blinging diva is all about, no? =)

Kimberly Rae
Diva
Kimberly Rae

True Angel.... so true. To answer your question Angel, I have an Etsy store, it's on my blog....

Well it's a little after five AM, I'm still awake and I had to take a shower to get all the glitter off... ugh. I finished up my cards for this morning, but not for today. I'm going to take a breather and go watch some movies and relax.

Joanie R
Guru
Joanie R

JCI - Here's my birthday, September 4th. True Labor Day baby. I was born on my Dad's birthday.

flhomeschoolmom
Guru
flhomeschoolmom
In response to Joanie R

JCI. This has not been my week...too much ********. But, to make things so much better...NOT....I took a nap today and when I woke up I was burning up with a fever, shaking with chills, coughing like crazy, aching all over and feeling horribly weak. I STILL had to cook supper, so everyone ate breakfast for supper! My dishes aren't washed, my boys look at me like I've lost my map when I say "would you do the dish's tonight"...my DH asked me "will you bring me another glass of tea, and I think I'm almost out of tea so could you make another pitcher too". Umm, when my teapot when flying across the kitchen, the kitten ran like something was after it, my boys said "why did you do that", my husband said "what's your problem". I replied with, "I think it's time for 3 guys I know to get off their a*s and do some sh*t to help out around here. If you can do it yourself, then DO! If you want a different glass to drink out of, wash the da*n thing!". Both of my boys sat with their mouth dropped open just staring at me and my husband said "honey, I really think you need a time out. Why don't you take some Tylenol and curl up in the other living room and watch TV". There is nothing good on TV right now so I'm on my tablet, lol.

Kimberly Rae
Diva
Kimberly Rae

Hi all. I can't begin to keep up right now. Ali, so sorry to hear of your difficulties. I would have snapped long before you did. Considering you're caregiving for his side of the family. Stop doing it. They'll get the picture. If you enable them then they'll think they can get you to be at their beck and call. You're going to run yourself in the ground and not be able to take care of anything, including yourself, and you can't afford to be in the hospital, but that's you said, and you will end up there if you continue to allow their behavior continue. I'm probably overstepping my bounds in advice, I had to grow up too fast and learned to take care of myself, because I couldn't rely on anyone else. As David puts it, I'm painfully independent. I have been very sick since Thursday morning and haven't gone anywhere but Target on the way home from the hospital on Thursday.

You ladies are just more than amazing. the past three days have been difficult. I have a raging UTI and kidney infection, I'm just now able to eat without getting sick, and working hard at detoxing off of the pain meds I was on. That in itself is causing the most cafuffle... as in feeling like I got hit by a truck. The healing from the bypass surgery has been ok, a little bit of wound irritation but that's ok. Hopefully in another month I won't be posting about anything medical but posting all things creative... I haven't done much since Thursday night... Right now I'm watching Disney's Aladdin on my new Blu-Ray (my DVD player kind of died) and just chilling out with my water and almonds. Tomorrow I'm planning on working on cards and taking care....

flhomeschoolmom
Guru
flhomeschoolmom

Kimberly, I have had to deal with the horrendous UTI's. This past November I ended up at the ER with one because I began passing blood in my urine. There are 2 things that I can tell you that can help with the UTI dilemma. 1) Cranberry juice, even if you have to mix it with something else. 2) AZO Urinary Pain Relief tablets They are the same exact medicine as Peridium, which is a prescription. BUT, peridium runs $26 for about 2 days worth. AZO, or the generic version, runs about $6 for 15 doses! My local pharmacist told me about it and pointed out that the OTC medicine was only 10 mg lower in strength than my prescription. He also told me that the 10 mg really wouldn't matter. So, I took his advice and bought the generic AZO (his pharmacy was sold out of the name brand) and oh my gosh what a relief! It will discolor your urine, but it coats everything so that it doesn't hurt to go And after 2 rounds of antibiotics, I got the infection cleared up.

You didn't over step your bounds Kimberly. You actually said some of what has been going through my head. The rest of what has been going through my head I won't mention because it has to do with some of the dark places that my depression can take me. Yeah...my mind went there...I just refused to allow it to STAY there. And the reality is that I can't go to the hospital...heck...I can't afford to go see my PCP or get my asthma inhaler refilled. Yeah, right now I have more bills than money, no health insurance, and I have my kids asking me questions that I refuse to answer...I just smile at them and say, "I'll figure out something". That's just it, MOM is the one to solve ALL the problems. Barbara has been amazing. I don't regret agreeing to take care of her, I genuinely love her. Yesterday she asked me "ewe o tay?" and I told her "no, I'm sick but it'll be alright". Despite her disabilities and the amount of pain that she lives in, every morning she washes the breakfast dishes that she eats off of and every night she does the same with her dinner dishes. She can't even walk without a walker!

It would be nice though if I wasn't under so much cotton picking stress. When I'm under this much stress, my mitral valve prolapse acts up. And when it acts up, I end up with what feels like almost unending anxiety attacks. Yeah, it mimics anxiety attacks I found out from my cardiologist. But, since I also have an anxiety disorder, he was kind enough to tell me how to tell the difference The mitral valve prolapse ones last an hour or longer per episode, and they recur on a regular basis throughout the day...drives me batty!

Well, I'm going to go clean my kitchen because I officially have NO clean dishes, well except for Barbara's! It does not pay for me to get sick, things tend to just pile up.

Kimberly, I sincerely hope that you get to feeling better VERY soon. I do care a lot about you and your well being, and even though I'm currently swamped with a whole lot of cr*p, I do still pray for you every day my friend. YOU amaze me. You handle so much so graciously. I honestly don't know how you do it.

Joanie R
Guru
Joanie R

Hey Chicas, just checking in! I've been mad busy around here so the forums have suffered, I have a lot to catch up on in here. I just wanted to let you know I'm thinking of you both and praying for you. You are both going through a lot and I cannot begin to fathom how you deal with it all! May the Good Lord bless you and keep you in your time of need. Take care!

flhomeschoolmom
Guru
flhomeschoolmom
In response to Joanie R

Kimberly, where are you my little friend I haven't seen you on the boards, and I'm just concerned about you. If you don't pop in soon, I swear I'm going to flood your FB messenger with pokes and hugs! But seriously, I am concerned about how you're doing.

Kimberly Rae
Diva
Kimberly Rae

Hi all.... not to worry. I have been having a bit of a difficult time lately. One of the unique side effects that goes along with open heart surgery is depression, along with anxiety. I've also been struggling on a spiritual level. I've been going through this whole heart ordeal for over a year now, and I'm exhausted and frustrated. In the past few weeks I suffered a bit of a set back and have been reeling from a betrayal of the deepest kind. No worries, David and I are just fine, nothing like that. It's a long story. I'm just trying to get things sorted out and relaxing tonight....

Kimberly Rae
Diva
Kimberly Rae
In response to Joanie R

Oh Ali, I've got the Azo and cranberry juice. I juice my own berries along with apples and cherry tomatoes for added acidity. Because that's all the you need for the UTI, is added acidity so the infection won't 'stick'. It's not my first rodeo with UTI's, I've had them ever since I had my first period.

flhomeschoolmom
Guru
flhomeschoolmom

I'm glad to see you pop in Kimberly. I want to get into doing my own juicing, but I've got to get a juicer. In the meantime, I make smoothies

Joanie R
Guru
Joanie R

Hi gals! Just poppin' in to say "hi'! Miss chatting with you. We are starting to get a large influx of product from the summer show, so I've been concentrating on that and haven't been in the forums much. I need to get back in here! I miss you guys, and I hope you both are feeling better!

Kimberly Rae
Diva
Kimberly Rae
In response to Joanie R

Joanie... you enabler you! LOL! Can't wait to see the new stuff. Hope you guys are going to carry the Holiday Heidi Swapp Lightbox stuff she previewed on Instagram today... Love love love it.

Joanie R
Guru
Joanie R

Don't know yet, but I hope so too! Love her Lightbox!

Kimberly Rae
Diva
Kimberly Rae
In response to Joanie R

Me too. There's a smaller version coming out that's just adorable. Makes me want more windows in the front of my condo to display....

Kimberly Rae
Diva
Kimberly Rae

Inspired by Lindsey Stirling's new album and song Something Wild. My new anthem. Awesome album.

angel1dot0
Expert
angel1dot0

I want to build a matchbox halloween display like the one here:
http://www.igirlzoe.com/3516/matchbox-hallowe en-collage...
I'm so bummed I didn't order that tim holtz matchbox die while I was doing my shopping here in July. I guess I will need to hand-cut them now, and I doubt that I will be able to make them all the same size.

Kimberly Rae
Diva
Kimberly Rae

Well, I got inspired tonight/this morning and did a page about a song that has touched me in so many ways.

Kimberly Rae
Diva
Kimberly Rae

Love that matchbox link, way cool.... I might try doing that for Christmas this year.

Kimberly Rae
Diva
Kimberly Rae

Angel, I went and got one of those Tim Holtz Configuration boxes, the small one. I'm going to make a Christmas one. When I finish it I'll post it. I probably won't get it even started until October. Right now I'm just trying to get my inventory for Etsy taken care of before I leave for camping.

Ok Diva's... where are ya? Slackers... Just kidding... I have no room to talk as I have been gone from here sometimes longer than a week. I'm trying to stay active, helps with the whole mind body and spirit thing I've got going...

angel1dot0
Expert
angel1dot0

I'm very excited to see how your TH configuration box turns out. I'm curious, what's the depth of the compartments? Is it half an inch or deeper?

On my matchbox project, I've decided that since I'm folding the matchboxes manually, I will take the opportunity to make them any measure I want.

Meanwhile, there's a ton of stupid little paper pieces (3" x 6" and smaller) lying around and I just can't bear to throw them away. So I'm using them to make a junk journal. This is my first bind-it-all project, and I'm excited to see what the end result will be... but currently it looks like Frankenstein's monster because of all the little pieces that don't fit together.

flhomeschoolmom
Guru
flhomeschoolmom

Well, this "diva" isn't umm feeling much like a "diva"...more like a witch, but that's beside the point I'm having to be weaned off of my Effexor for my depression and anxiety AND I'm trying to quit smoking. I've found that for the most part, I'm getting along well enough with the 4 other people in my house...but as for "outside influences"...not so much. I chewed the daylights out of a straw today just so I didn't tell my husband's grandmother just EXACTLY where she could shove her opinions of things at my house at the moment

On a more positive note, so far the only casuality due to the Effexor weaning combined with quitting smoking has been...the straw...poor, poor straw.

I hope that everyone has a great evening. I'm currently contemplating making some magazine paper beads tonight after dinner...that will at least keep my fingers occupied Unless I get too annoyed and end up throwing the things across the living room...or poking my piece of Styrofoam that I use to hold the beads full of holes just to vent some frustration.

Joanie R
Guru
Joanie R

Ali, you still have your humor and you are making me laugh! I'm sorry MIL is pushing your buttons. That's gotta feel amplified because of the weaning and quitting smoking. You go, Girl!

angel1dot0
Expert
angel1dot0
In response to Joanie R

I've never been a smoker myself, but some of my friends who have quit smoking said that the hardest thing for them was having nothing to do with their hands while talking to people. So I think making beads is a good idea.

So I got done with my junk journal. It was an education experience so far, and on thursday I will start using it. It has one page for each day of September.
Frankenstein's journal - front cover

angel1dot0
Expert
angel1dot0

Just in time for September I FINALLY got the sb.com shipment I ordered back in July.
I'm so happy!

Joanie R
Guru
Joanie R

Wow, I knew International orders took a while but dang! Glad you got it and you're happy. Happy crafting!

Kimberly Rae
Diva
Kimberly Rae
In response to Joanie R

Ali! That is so awesome, that you are trying to quit smoking, you will feel so much better once you're past the cold turkey craving part. David has been smoke free for 21 years. Well, the thing was, when we met, I told him I don't date smokers. He quit the day after. Kid you not, and has been smoke free ever since.

I'm off to bed. I'll be in later tomorrow. God some stuff to put together.

Page 4 of 5 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics