Page 5 of 5 
Username Post: Bodacious Blinging Divas...        (Topic#1661063)
angel1dot0
Expert
angel1dot0
In response to Kimberly Rae

Joanie, I'm sure the shipment could have been here 10 days earlier if it had taken a straighter route.
As it is now it went bell gardens, ca -> LA -> amsterdam -> LA -> istanbul -> israel.
I think the supplies just really wanted to travel.

Kimberly Rae
Diva
Kimberly Rae
In response to angel1dot0

Well, here I go with the dragons....

angel1dot0
Expert
angel1dot0

I love dragons. I have dragon statues and dragon paintings all over the house =)

Kimberly Rae
Diva
Kimberly Rae

Well Diva's ,I'm going to be off the grid next week... well, not on here, but I'll be posting on FB every now and then when we can get reception. Soooo looking forward to this!

angel1dot0
Expert
angel1dot0

Pretty quiet here this week.
Did I fail to notice some unwritten rule saying nobody posts unless Kimberley Rae is around?
If not: What are you all up to?

Joanie R
Guru
Joanie R

Not much going on, I guess. I'm going to the Scrapbook Expo with a girlfriend this weekend. We're taking a Watercolor class. One of the things we'll get to use are the Tim Holtz Distress Crayons. Can't wait to see these in action. Should be fun. Other than that, I have some cards I need to make. It's always something, I guess.

angel1dot0
Expert
angel1dot0
In response to Joanie R

Joanie, I'm trying to find my way with distress crayons. If you're taking a class, can you find out if there's a way to stop them from interacting with water?
The distress inks heat set (mostly) but I don't manage to do that with the distress crayons.

Joanie R
Guru
Joanie R

Interesting. I'll see what I can find out.

Kimberly Rae
Diva
Kimberly Rae
In response to Joanie R

Angel.... I hope you guys post when I'm not here... cause I can't be on here 24/7... LOL. I just got back from Santa Cruz... Awesome trip. I'll be posting some layouts from the trip later. Right now I'm just trying to not feel overwhelmed by the four loads of laundry from camping and putting everything away.

Any thoughts on getting the Rose Gold MAMBI planner here at SB.com Joanie?

angel1dot0
Expert
angel1dot0

I went to an Andy Skinner mixed media class yesterday and I was blown away. Weee!

Joanie R
Guru
Joanie R

• Kimberly Rae Said:
Angel.... I hope you guys post when I'm not here... cause I can't be on here 24/7... LOL. I just got back from Santa Cruz... Awesome trip. I'll be posting some layouts from the trip later. Right now I'm just trying to not feel overwhelmed by the four loads of laundry from camping and putting everything away.

Any thoughts on getting the Rose Gold MAMBI planner here at SB.com Joanie?

I can find out for you.

Kimberly Rae
Diva
Kimberly Rae
In response to Joanie R

• Joanie R Said:
Not much going on, I guess. I'm going to the Scrapbook Expo with a girlfriend this weekend. We're taking a Watercolor class. One of the things we'll get to use are the Tim Holtz Distress Crayons. Can't wait to see these in action. Should be fun. Other than that, I have some cards I need to make. It's always something, I guess.

Did you get a chance to go see Becky Higgins? I know she was teaching a class there. I wish they would have some big names at the Sacramento Scrapbook Expo....

angel1dot0
Expert
angel1dot0

I wish there even was a scrapbook expo where I live.
Most people here (israel) don't even know what scrapbooking or mixed media is.

Kimberly Rae
Diva
Kimberly Rae

Angel... well you'll just have to come out here to visit!

Joanie R
Guru
Joanie R

The Expo was good, but very small and low-key. I didn't see Becky herself but did see her booth which was big! Went to my watercolor class which was informative. I learned what and how I like to watercolor and what I don't like. I also learned I'm not a big fan of the Distress crayons. I like Gelatos better. More control and you don't have to use as much water. I guess we all have our thing. LOL!

Joanie R
Guru
Joanie R

• angel1dot0 Said:
Joanie, I'm trying to find my way with distress crayons. If you're taking a class, can you find out if there's a way to stop them from interacting with water?
The distress inks heat set (mostly) but I don't manage to do that with the distress crayons.

I found out that there is no way to get Distress Crayons to not interact with water because that is how they were designed to be used. I was not a fan. I found I didn't have enough control, even with water! I would prefer Gelatos. Those are very forgiving and you can use them with or without water. Have you tried those?

angel1dot0
Expert
angel1dot0
In response to Joanie R

That was really valuable input Joanie. I'm a bit on the fence about the distress crayons myself. I'm not sure if I like them or not. They're great for some types of colouring, but the permanent water reactivity is kind of a bummer.

I have been wondering about the differences between the gelatos, distress crayons and prima's oil pastels for a while now. Perhaps scrapbook.com can make an article for it?

And Kimberly Rae, of course I would love to go back to the US for another visit. I wonder if I can go to the CHA next year. Or do they only allow people from the industry in?

Joanie R
Guru
Joanie R

The only way to get the Distress crayons not to react with water is to seal it once your work is done. That was another tip we were given about them. Which makes sense, I usually seal my work on mixed media anyway.

As for the CHA, that is a trade show for suppliers and retailers. They do allow bloggers for them to get the word out on new product. I would investigate it more along the blogger end if you really want to go. And it'll be here in Phoenix the next three years! Yaaay!

Kimberly, the Rose Gold Mambi planner is something in the works for next spring. So we'll have to stay tuned!

angel1dot0
Expert
angel1dot0
In response to Joanie R

Ah, so that's a no for me on the CHA. I'm not a blogger. Well, the idea was fun while it lasted =)

Kimberly Rae
Diva
Kimberly Rae

What!!!! That long!!!!!

flhomeschoolmom
Guru
flhomeschoolmom

I just thought I'd pop in and say hello so that everyone knows that I have NOT fallen off of the planet September has been...crazy...some of it has been cruddy but some of it has been totally amazing. In any case, I'm still lurking around

Joanie R
Guru
Joanie R
In response to flhomeschoolmom

Glad to see you, Ali!

Yes, Kimberly, that long. They said it was only in concept stage right now.

flhomeschoolmom
Guru
flhomeschoolmom
In response to Joanie R

Just thought I'd let everyone know that Kimberly isn't feeling well and is taking some time away from the forums, etc. for a bit. Hopefully she will be feeling better very soon and come back and join us.

angel1dot0
Expert
angel1dot0

At the end of August I said I'd do one picture each day of September. I'm so excited because tonight will be the last one and I will have accomplished what I set out to do.
It will be nice to not have to do anything else after this (except for maybe Halloween cards).

Joanie R
Guru
Joanie R

Good for you, Angel! I'm making cards this weekend for a swap I'm in, plus some to have on hand. I also am going to a crop on Sunday. Not sure how much I'll get done because I haven't seen these gals in quite some time. We may just end up talking the whole time!

Kimberly Rae
Diva
Kimberly Rae
In response to Joanie R

Hi all.... I'm back. Had a brief stint at the laughing academy... seriously... checked myself in on Monday to take care of the depression and mood swings that have been getting the better of me since my heart surgery. I was admitted for four days and released Friday afternoon. I will be attending a day program for the next three weeks to better refine my coping skills. It's been a rough year for me with my heart, the loss of my momma, and a whole other slew of issues... I just got overwhelmed and knew I couldn't do it on my own. I won't be on here as much over the next three weeks... but I'll be around.

angel1dot0
Expert
angel1dot0

Kimberley Rae, I'm sorry to hear about the depression. I hope the day program will help you find strength and peace.

Kimberly Rae
Diva
Kimberly Rae

Thank you Angel.

Joanie R
Guru
Joanie R

Glad you checked in, Kimberly! Feel better soon!

Kimberly Rae
Diva
Kimberly Rae
In response to Joanie R

Joanie! Once again you guys rocked! Got my new Heidi Swapp Christmas stamps in record time.... so guess who's playing tomorrow while doing laundry??? ME!!! That is if I can breathe tomorrow. Been having an awful time with my asthma the past couple of days, don't know what the heck is going on.

Joanie R
Guru
Joanie R

Kimberly, so glad you got your goodies and can play. Can't wait to see what you do!

flhomeschoolmom
Guru
flhomeschoolmom
In response to Joanie R

Kimberly, so glad to see you check in! Depression is never a fun monster to have to contend with! I do hope that the day program is helpful to you. As for the asthma acting up, I think it is something in the atmosphere or something because mine has been being a booger as well. I hope you get to feeling better very soon, I can't wait to see what you make!

Kimberly Rae
Diva
Kimberly Rae

Ali, my ER doctor today said that respiratory therapy has been swamped this past week out here because of all the attacks due to weather change. But I'm out in CA and you're in FL... two totally different climates, you're in humid swamp and I'm in Sierra foothills.

As for all my FL Divas.... thinking of you all and please check in and let us know you're ok.

angel1dot0
Expert
angel1dot0

I got started on my halloween cards this morning. I'm delighted to have a reason to use my queen and country stickers that scrapbook.com gave me last year as a prize.

Hope everybody doing okay with the bad weather and that you haven't got any water damages.
Did you all have time to register for voting?

Kimberly Rae
Diva
Kimberly Rae

Angel, I register to vote in every new district I move into. Well all, I'm headed off to bed.

Kimberly Rae
Diva
Kimberly Rae

I know I haven't been on here much, I've just been concentrating on getting my house back together now that I'm physically becoming able to. It's been over a year since all this heart stuff started to really take a toll of my daily life... now for the first time in a long time I'm reclaiming that life. I have been crafting a lot, only because I've been able to sit up behind my desk. Now that I can move more than I used to (due to sternal precautions), I'm able to really start getting my house back to where I want it... a cozy little nest of love and creativity...

Kimberly Rae
Diva
Kimberly Rae

This is what happens when you can't sleep.

angel1dot0
Expert
angel1dot0

That's a great idea!

flhomeschoolmom
Guru
flhomeschoolmom

I'm still lurking around. ALL of my crafting endeavors have been put on hold because I'M MOVING!!! My DH got the keys to our new house today And we're hoping to get the power turned on in the next couple of days, and phone/internet is scheduled to be turned on next week Once I get moved, I will FINALLY have my own crafting studio that is NOT actually inside my house. However, our realtor apparently still has the keys to our two outdoor buildings (a shed and a shop). Right now I'm so busy, tired, and overwhelmed...but it will get better I think the hardest part for me is deciding to do a VERY MASSIVE declutter before moving.

savvy scrapper amie
Governor
savvy scrapper amie

That's definitely a lot on your plate!! Hope to see you back creating soon!

Kimberly Rae
Diva
Kimberly Rae
In response to savvy scrapper amie

Hi Savvy! Welcome to the Diva's! Please introduce yourself so that we may get to know you!!! The more the merrier!

Hi all... I'm back. Yesterday was fun, I got to go to a new LSS that's a bit of a drive (45 minutes on the freeway), but SOOOO worth it. (Read about it in my blog http://alteredwhimseys.blogspot.com) Anyhow, I got a text yesterday morning from my aunt and my cousin and his wife welcomed baby #2 Elisabeth Marie to the world... and of course I had to make a card!!!

angel1dot0
Expert
angel1dot0

I dislike going to the post office. Their employees take forever to get anything done.
But I'm happy that I went because now I've sent all the Halloween cards out to my friends around the world.

I guess I should get started on the christmas cards, but they are less fun to make.

Kimberly Rae
Diva
Kimberly Rae

Angel, sweet! I've got to get started on Christmas cards as well.

flhomeschoolmom
Guru
flhomeschoolmom

Hi everyone! I *might* can get started on getting my Christmas cards finished within a week. I am officially moved!!! I got my phone and internet today, but I'm still unpacking. My "crafting studio" is out of commission for a bit longer because it needs some MAJOR cleaning and I am NOT moving my fabrics, sewing machine, or scrapbooking/card making supplies in there until EVERY window is shut and I already know that one is stuck open!!! I hope everyone is doing good.

angel1dot0
Expert
angel1dot0

@FlHomeSchoolMom, It's a bummer that the craft area needs cleaning and has a malfunctioning window BUT...
you have your own craft area! It's so awesome! I hope you really go to town on decorating and arranging it once it's 'habitable'. And I want to see pictures =)

This year I've decided to make a bunch of Christmas cards that look the same because I don't have the energy to make individual designs for everyone. I feel like I'm cheating, but then I tell myself that it's still better than sending out store-bought cards.
If anyone is wondering what traditional Swedish Christmas cards look like: http://arcus.a.r.pic.centerblog.net/246c7779.jpg

Anyways I found this nice folded Christmas tree tutorial where you use a semi-circle of double sided paper to fold a tree. I'll use that for my cards.
http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/resources/tutorials/f ...

flhomeschoolmom
Guru
flhomeschoolmom

Well Angel, my crafting studio actually needs a lot of work...it's a shed. On the inside, it does have electricity and two electrical outlets. But aside from that...it's unfinished. The walls on the inside are the wall studs The floor is the wooden subflooring It has 3 windows I think it's going to be a work in progress for a while. But my main objective is to be able to store my stuff in there, and to do that I just need it cleaned out, cleaned up, and the windows shut!

I have seen the Christmas trees made with the circles. I always thought that they were very cute. I've also seen the ones made with paper scraps that are cut into triangles and then stacked. I have to make a card and mail it to Sweden this year Not sure how much the postage on that card is going to be.

Kimberly Rae
Diva
Kimberly Rae

Hi Ali.... there are some great pictures of sheds turned into scrap spaces right here on this blog. I have a couple of money and energy saving suggestions to make your space comfy and damp free... first, insulate your inner walls which is very easy and cost efficient by using used newspaper, also, teach those boys to dry wall up the insulation. Don't forget to weather strip your windows as well, being in FL there is a lot of moisture that can seep in and cause damage to papers. Plus during the winter months it keeps the shed warm. As for flooring, check out your local big box hardware store for tile or carpet remnants. they are cheap and you can install them easily. You're welcome!

flhomeschoolmom
Guru
flhomeschoolmom

Thanks for the advice Kimberly! I found some carpet that was taken out of the house when the previous owners installed new carpet in the living room and hallway. I've contemplated putting that in the shed simply because I already have it I like the newspaper idea, I've also seen people use empty egg cartons to insulate with. I think the previous owner left some weather stripping lying around too (he was a major handyman). He even hooked the hot water heater of the house to a light switch...yeah...took me days to figure out WHY I did not have any hot water, and I was fixing to call out a person to check it out when I noticed two light switches in the master bath that didn't go to anything. When I flipped them, and waited a bit, I suddenly had hot water!

Kimberly Rae
Diva
Kimberly Rae

Oh here's that shed I was talking about... this is amazeballs...

My Crafting Cottage By Ana Illausky

flhomeschoolmom
Guru
flhomeschoolmom

Oh wow! They did an amazing job on that! I do like some of their ideas. I'm so ready to get started on mine I think I'll have to take some pictures of the "blank space" once I get it all cleaned out and cleaned up. And then I'll have to start shopping garage sales and second hand stores to furnish it (got a tight budget, lol).

Kimberly Rae
Diva
Kimberly Rae

'antique road' on HWY 301 is amazing... my mom and I always try to go when I'm in FL. I'm not sure how close you are to that... it's more near Alachua County. I know this sounds morbid, but check the obits for Estate Sales... (I know in FL most of the papers have them on the same page... ) That's how my mother has gotten a ton of her vintage stuff for repurposing.

flhomeschoolmom
Guru
flhomeschoolmom

Just a note to everyone...our dear founder Kimberly Rae has been admitted back into the hospital with chest pains and high blood pressure. I'm sure that she would appreciate all of your prayers and positive thoughts and vibes.

angel1dot0
Expert
angel1dot0

That sucks. I hope she'll feel better soon. Sending good energy her way (might take a bit of time to reach her though).

angel1dot0
Expert
angel1dot0

I'm so hyped. I've volunteered to give my colleagues a very brief introduction to practical art.
Today we went over pencils and pens and how to do shading. Next week we'll do stamping and embossing.

Joanie R
Guru
Joanie R

Angel - it's so fun when you get to introduce friends to crafts you love. Sounds great and fun!

flhomeschoolmom
Guru
flhomeschoolmom
In response to Joanie R

I made...SOMETHING Ok, it's just a journal page about the presidential election...but I got creative with stating the facts, lol. I always journal about the presidential elections because I'm a stickler about history AND come tomorrow, the 2016 election will be....HISTORY.

Election 2016 By Flhomeschoolmom

The sticker came from the polling place today...I don't wear the stickers, but I liked this one so I put it on my journal page.

The text of "WHO will win?" came from a Popular Photography magazine, I just colored around the text and then outlined the letters of WHO with my gold gel pen.

Kimberly Rae
Diva
Kimberly Rae

Hi girls! I'm home. Turns out the flu caused my chest pains. I'm home and resting. Just thought I'd get this post in and head to bed. More posts to come. Love you all and more to tell about my little 'adventure' this week.

flhomeschoolmom
Guru
flhomeschoolmom

YAY! I'm so happy you're home Kimberly!!! And please do get some much needed rest so you can get over that nasty flu.

My mojo has found me, and I have some projects that I want to work on as well as some projects that I NEED to work on. But I'm also still dealing with a pulled muscle in my right shoulder and last night the pain from that sucker just made me decide to go to bed after dinner...I didn't even bother washing my dinner dishes. Last night I didn't CARE about washing them because my shoulder hurt to bad, but now that I've gotten up to a dirty kitchen....well...that's just crappy.

Oh, Kimberly, where did you find that hanger that you have your tapes on? I've been looking for some, but I've not been able to find them.

TTYL.

Kimberly Rae
Diva
Kimberly Rae

Either Target or Wal Mart, it's a tie hanger for men's ties.

flhomeschoolmom
Guru
flhomeschoolmom

JCI. There is some sort of VERY nasty bug going around in this country. Kimberly is BACK in the hospital and I am once again sick. Today has been nothing more than a sofa day and I'm so weak that my legs feel like they want to collapse if I try to walk. Last night I was running a fever and had a VERY sore throat along with tummy troubles. Today I've not been so fevered, and my "sore throat" is more of a scratchy throat. BUT this virus/bug...whatever has definitely kicked my a**. I'm sorry for using a 3 letter word, but nothing else can describe the true extent of the havoc this virus is wrecking.

angel1dot0
Expert
angel1dot0

Yup, I had it too last week. It sucked, but now I'm grateful that I can eat food again.

Kimberly Rae
Diva
Kimberly Rae

Hello Divas.... I've been in Idaho since Wednesday, heading home on Sunday. Can't wait to get home and start decorating for Christmas. How many of you are doing DYI Christmas decorations?

flhomeschoolmom
Guru
flhomeschoolmom

Kimberly, I've not made any new DIY Christmas decorations in quite some time. But I should photograph the ones that I've made over the years that still exist, and are still on my tree.

I have been offline for several days due to the Thanksgiving holidays, and I'm just now beginning to get back into a somewhat "normal" routine. But, I'm still trying to get caught up with all of my online stuff!

There is a new post in the Operation Happy Mail thread that I began a while back. This post concerns someone here at SB.com, if you're interested you can check out the post here https://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showtopic.php?tid/1661... and you're welcome to share it with your friends

Kimberly Rae
Diva
Kimberly Rae

I've been pretty busy.... working on cards, trying to relax this Christmas season... haha...

Kimberly Rae
Diva
Kimberly Rae

Some lightbox love...

Hope, my word for 2017. I hope ya'll had a great Christmas, Hannukah, Yule and this new year is going to be awesome! I'm really excited because I've just added two great features to my blog, a message board/forum and a Facebook Group. This group is for all kinds of crafts, not just paper crafting, same with the forum. I'm really trying to get my brand out and recognized, and hopefully get some sponsors... (hey SB.com people... I need a sponsor).

Kimberly Rae
Diva
Kimberly Rae

Hey Diva's! What's up and where have you been? Hope all is well and we can get this thread back to action! I'm working on cards and projects all weekend.

angel1dot0
Expert
angel1dot0

I got two lovely xmas gifts from my parents: gelatos crayons and windsor & newton watercolors. So my plan is to test these thoroughly.

Kimberly Rae
Diva
Kimberly Rae

Must have pics Angel... can't wait to see your beautiful work. Where are the rest of the Divas??? Well, I've been busy this past week working on my Hope journal...

angel1dot0
Expert
angel1dot0

That's a lovely journal!
Is each page going to be created like this one with a theme or word, or will you have some pages for 'just' writing too?

Kimberly Rae
Diva
Kimberly Rae

I'm going to be adding pictures from this year that are part of my hopes... like I'm hoping to learn to sew, hoping to get out more...that kind of thing. I am going to be using the Reset Girl's paper... from Simple Stories.

flhomeschoolmom
Guru
flhomeschoolmom

Just a quick note to let everyone know that our dear founder Kimberly could really use our prayers right now. She is once again back in the hospital with her heart. If anyone would like to send her a card or note, just PM me and I'll give you her snail mail.

Kimberly Rae
Diva
Kimberly Rae

Hi all... I'm back and doing great. Thank goodness January is done and over with... ugh, what a month. I'm just checking in with a picture of my newest lovely... my Heidi Swapp 'Love Today' planner!

Also working on new blog stuff... go check that out at http://alteredwhimseys.blogspot.com

angel1dot0
Expert
angel1dot0

Is nobody making easter cards / layouts in this group? I would have expected to see some cute rabbits by now.

Kimberly Rae
Diva
Kimberly Rae

Hi all.... It's almost a year later and I'm back. A lot has happened and so thankful to be so. I can't really see anyone up and around here...But I would love to get us going again...

Page 5 of 5 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics