Page 1 of 10 
Username Post: New secret sister swap April -June. Open for sign ups until April 1st.        (Topic#1661517)
New Kid On the Block

Welcome to the Secret Sisters Swap!

RULES/GUIDELINES: **** send all information in a private message to this profile****

1. If you sign up for this swap you will receive one secret sister (swap partner). On April 5th you will receive your new sister.

2. You will send her a small package (examples would be some scrap supplies, a key chain, candy, hand made card, etc.).
You also have the option to order directly from someone's wish list and let scrapbook.com do all the hard work.

3. You would not put your name on the package/envie so you will remain a secret. It's a good idea to use a family members name as the return address, a trusted neighbor, or you can put your hubby to good use and use his name! If you place the order with scrapbook.com be sure to indicate in the comment section that it is for a secret sister swap and to hide your details. They are great about leaving the details off.

4. You will also need to leave your little sister (the one you are sending to) messages on the board at least once a week. SecretSisters2015 I.D. was created for everyone who wants to use it instead of making individual secret I.d.s The password is 12345

5. If you do not want to mail internationally, let me know before sign ups close so that I can accommodate your wishes.

6. You must check into this thread at least once a week. Communication is vital in this swap!

7. Secret sisters will end on June 15th and then the big reveal!

8. Please complete the questionnaire below and send it to me before the swap begins by April 1st. This will give your SS an idea of what to give you.

9. There is a maximum price limit of $20 per month. No more than that!!! There is also a minimum price limit of $10 per month not including shipping on your little sister.

10. Never hesitate to pm me if you have any questions, or need to know something specific from your SS. I am here to help you!

11. Please mail your RAKS/gifts/cards out no later than the 10th of each month. That should give the package time to arrive before the 15th.

12. Have fun!

Have fun, chat, share lo's, anything goes in this thread. But remember, keep those lips zipped after you know your SS!

Secret Sister Ideas:

1) Send a card.

2) Type a letter. Be sneaky and devious.

3) We did this at my church: You write a message to your secret sister, then break up the pieces and wrap them up. Your secret sister has to put it together.

4) Remember, it doesn't have to be scrap stuff. You will be able to fit a TON of different things into a regular card envelope (to save on postage), such as key chains, postcards, etc.

Here is the list of suggestions. You DON'T have to do this...just some ideas!

Homemade pie, cake, or cookies
Small votive candle wrapped in pretty fabric
A card in the snail mail - Everyone feels good about getting mail that isn’t a bill
Fresh cut flowers
Book
Box of specialty tea or coffee
Gift certificates: Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory, ice cream stores, …
Picture frames
Basket of relaxing bath things
Nice cookie cutter with recipe and ingredients
Set of placemats
Handbags/totes
New journal with nice pen
Old Navy has good gifts for under $10.00

*****Also, I must reiterate. Do not sign up for this swap unless you are prepared to make a commitment to it. People have had their feelings hurt, and I do not want to see that happen again. *****

Your information must be received by January 1st, or I will not give you to someone else. And I do not want to have to ask for it, so please take a few minutes to send me the basic information when you sign up, you can always change your mind or add to it before the 1st.

Your Information:
Screen name:
Name:
Address:
Phone number:
Birthday
Your favorite scrap supplies:
Favorite gifts:
Allergies:
Pets:
Dislikes:
Favorite snack
Are you willing to send to an international sis this round???

Edited by sstracker on 01-05-16 03:31 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

New Kid On the Block
In response to sstracker

Participants.

GingerH

liljenny1

pjangel (Pam)

vawm (Victoria)

scrappindmbfan (Nancy)

2BuzyScrapper (Kim)

TJCraftyWitch (Tonya)

Edited by sstracker on 03-29-16 04:34 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

GingerH
Diva
GingerH
In response to sstracker

Im in info sent

liljenny1
Diva
liljenny1
In response to GingerH

Count me in and I will get info emailed out this weekend:)

vawm
vawm 
Governor
vawm
  • vawm on 03-17-16 04:42 PM
In response to liljenny1

Need to look at my calendar and determine if I can commit!

pjangel
Diva
pjangel
In response to vawm

I would love to join again but I do realize I am not able to check in every week. I do not have access to a computer all the time since I put it in the basement I have not hooked it back up. I had a lot of fun with this swap and I am sure going to miss it.

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle
In response to pjangel

Pam, we'd love you to stay. A little brief message to your sis on your phone is adequate. Or a tablet if you have one.

vawm
vawm 
Governor
vawm
  • vawm on 03-20-16 05:16 PM
In response to Deb-doodle

Did you get my information? My computer was wonky and I don't know if it went through. Let me know!

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle
In response to vawm

Yes Victoria, It has been received. Are you sure you don't want a tree? I had just the perfect one in mind for you. LOL!!

Edited by Deb-doodle on 03-22-16 01:14 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

vawm
vawm 
Governor
vawm
  • vawm on 03-22-16 03:03 PM

I bet you were planning on sending me an Alder weren't you? So thoughtful AAAAAACHOOOOO!

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle
In response to vawm

LOL!! I don't have any Alder trees. How about a palm? I have absolute tons of them. I have babies popping up everywhere in my yard. The seeds fall by the dozens. They're a real pain!!!

I just went outside and watched the Atlas rocket take off. I haven't done that in a long time. Especially since the space shuttle program got shut down. I had to look through all the trees but since it's dark it was easy to spot. Just a big orange fireball raising to the heavens. So cool!!!

Many years ago, probably twenty plus years, we actually got to go out to the cape to watch one. My brother works our there and got us special passes in the observation area. We even got to listen to the mission controllers talking back and forth between here and the space center in Texas. I know it's something my son's will never forget. You could even feel the ground rumble. I wish I could have done that more than once.

Edited by Deb-doodle on 03-22-16 07:18 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

vawm
vawm 
Governor
vawm
  • vawm on 03-22-16 07:27 PM

Wow, that sounds exciting! What a thrill for boys! Rockets.
I don't think I am allergic to palm trees, but given enough time, I'm sure I could be! LOL!

scrappindmbfan
Diva
scrappindmbfan
In response to vawm

I'm in again too if you'll have me

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle
In response to scrappindmbfan

Of course Nancy. We'd love to have you.

LOL! Victoria. I'm allergic to the palm tree offspring. Seriously, the babies are everywhere in my flower beds. The roots are so deep that they're almost impossible to pull up. There will be 50 in one little cluster. Most of the palms in my yard were grown from seed. Back in the day if one fell in a particularly good spot I would let it go ahead and take root and grow. Boy am I sorry now. I didn't realize at the time how much of a pain they would be once they got fully grown. Not the mention they're always losing their fronds. They look pretty and tropical but someone has to pay for that beauty. Guess who? LOL!!

pjangel
Diva
pjangel

Deb I would love to say. I am in need of a new phone that is on my agenda next...my battery dies within 6 hours....so Its hard to get anything on that darn thing...I started carrying my small tablet with me because my clients are wanting information right away and I do not have internet explorer on my phone...so this may work....I am on my laptpp now its just a pain to start it up takes forever windows 7..I will send my survey to to you or you can use my old one...let me know...you just made me a happy person...I love buying for others...

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle
In response to pjangel

Pam, I would say to go ahead and send me a new survey. I have so many private messages I don't know that I'd ever find it. LOL!!! We're glad to have you stick around. And we love seeing your beautiful face so don't be a stranger.

vawm
vawm 
Governor
vawm
  • vawm on 03-25-16 07:23 AM

GingerH
Diva
GingerH
In response to vawm

Yay Pam

Did you get mine DEB?

pjangel
Diva
pjangel
In response to GingerH

I am so glad you are willing to let me stay....I promise to try hard to be on here more....

I still have a very sall package that I am sending Nancy from last swap I fulfilled my obligation but this is something extra...I am hoping to get one more thing today and will get it in the mail

survey sent

scrappy_day
Idol
scrappy_day
In response to pjangel

I am just going to chat this round.

GingerH
Diva
GingerH
In response to scrappy_day

Good Tammi. Glad to see y'all.

_Pamela_
New Kid On the Block
_Pamela_

Hello, I'm new on this board and want to ask what the rules are for new people who want to participate in the swaps. I know some times you will have needed to complete other swaps before you can join. Thank you.

2BuzyScrapper
Guru
2BuzyScrapper

AWWWW tammi,
you will be missed, glad your going to be chatting with us:-)

happy Easter

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK

How are we doing for numbers, Debs? Do I need to sign up and join the party? I know its a pain for someone to send from the US to here!

TJCraftyWitch
Governor
TJCraftyWitch
In response to RachelUK

I am in again, as this is one of the few swaps that I do. I love to shop for my pals.

Sending my survey.

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to TJCraftyWitch

Pamela - usually there are a couple of rules, and Debbie will fill you in, but I think there is a minimum number of posts unless someone else can recommend you.

_Pamela_
New Kid On the Block
_Pamela_
In response to RachelUK

Thank you Rachel, I understand.

GingerH
Diva
GingerH
In response to _Pamela_

Hi gang.

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle
In response to _Pamela_

Hi Pamela, yes you have to have at least 500 posts to join. We'd love to have you stick around and chat with us though. It would be good to get to know you and every time you talk to us it adds a post!!! Then you can join in the future and already know most of us.

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle

Rachel, I'll add everyone that wants to join to the first page later today. For right now I have to take cousin shopping.

scrappindmbfan
Diva
scrappindmbfan

Just popping in! I hope everyone had a great Easter! Mine was food and family filled...can't ask for more than that!

TJCraftyWitch
Governor
TJCraftyWitch

Hi ladies. I am busy with school work as usual. It is finals this week, and we have my grand daughter this week. She is strong break but her mom is not, she is working and in school as well. my grandson is an everyday thing unless his momma isn't working or at school. Plus we have David's two boys since this past Friday to this Friday. Ugh is all I am going to say. I need quiet time and not just when they are asleep.
I have two assignments from last week that I need to complete tonight and then I need to work on my final project. Been watching and reading the materials for this week already. Re-watching video clips on areas I need help on. InDesign is a fun program but can be confusing on some aspects.

Kids enjoyed Easter yesterday and everyone had a blast. Even if the easter egg hunt was around 5:30pm. They all had loads of fun. I know I was tired, I ended up taking a nap for a short bit.

Can't wait to see who my new pal is this round. I have had fun buying for all my pals. I can't wait to play with my Cameo too, still haven't been able to play with it hardly...it's feeling neglected. I hate not having time to sit down at my desk for hours and playing with all my goodies. UGH. Glad I get to still have fun shopping.

pjangel
Diva
pjangel

I am so looking forward to this swap...Love receiving surprises every month...

Easter was fun...granddaughter Alet was a blast searching for eggs..

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle
In response to pjangel

It looks like we've got 7 girls signed up so far for the swap.

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK

Well if you need to get even numbers, Debs....

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle
In response to RachelUK

Rachel, I don't think the numbers have to be even. I'll go through the questionnaires and see if anyone minds shipping international.

scrappy_day
Idol
scrappy_day

Ok Kim talked me into joining again this round. Can you use my survey from last time it should I send you a new one?

TJCraftyWitch
Governor
TJCraftyWitch

Tam, your arm was twisted eh? How hard was it twisted? Glad you have you with us again.

2BuzyScrapper
Guru
2BuzyScrapper

yipppppy tammi welcome back so glad your joining us!

i guess twisting your arm worked LOL

scrappy_day
Idol
scrappy_day
In response to 2BuzyScrapper

You didn't have to twist it very hard though! ha ha

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle

Yes Tammi please. I don't know that I'll be able to find the ones from last time.

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK

Happy April Fools Day everyone!

GingerH
Diva
GingerH

yay Tammi's back Glad to hear it.

GingerH
Diva
GingerH
In response to GingerH

Morning girls. I am coming over tho this thread. Signing off the other.

_Pamela_
New Kid On the Block
_Pamela_
In response to GingerH

okay thank you, I look forward to getting to know everyone.

vawm
vawm 
Governor
vawm
  • vawm on 04-01-16 07:33 PM
In response to _Pamela_

Awaiting my pal! So exciting

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle
In response to vawm

Sorry I'm late on getting the sister's out girls. Yesterday was a whirlwind but I'll get on it right now.

I have some sad news to tell everyone. Pink, Kimberly's husband called me this afternoon and our beautiful Pink friend passed away this morning. Her health has been declining lately since she got her lap band surgery and I know from our last conversations that she was in a huge state of depression. He said she took too many pills last night. It's a very sad day for me and many of the girls on this thread who knew her and loved her.

scrappy_day
Idol
scrappy_day

Oh my! That is so sad! She was my big sister last time. Prayers to her family.

vawm
vawm 
Governor
vawm
  • vawm on 04-02-16 03:34 PM

Oh my goodness. I just saw this on FB on MacKenzie's post. I feel just horrible. Depression is an awful thing.
Do we have her DH address to send cards?

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to vawm

I just saw! How terribly sad. She was so sweet on this thread. She will be missed. I feel so bad for her family.

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

• scrappy_day Said:
Oh my! That is so sad! She was my big sister last time. Prayers to her family.

She hasn't been on this thread for a few years.

scrappy_day
Idol
scrappy_day
In response to tinadn

Oh I thought you meant pinkalicious. I am so sorry! I misunderstood who you meant. She is the only Pink I know.

Jolena glad you are ok!

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle
In response to tinadn

Yes ladies, I have the address:

Daniel Gilliland
240 Canton St.
Troy, PA 16947

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle

• scrappy_day Said:
Oh I thought you meant pinkalicious. I am so sorry! I misunderstood who you meant. She is the only Pink I know.

Jolena glad you are ok!

Her screen name was ThinkPink22 and Kimberly was her real name. I'm sure she's been on here since you've been part of the swap. She was the Hostess for several years.

GingerH
Diva
GingerH

Sorry to hear about ya'lls friend. I didn't know her. It's a very sad thing, depression. Prayers to her family.

2BuzyScrapper
Guru
2BuzyScrapper
In response to GingerH

Oh My i didn't realize it was her? she was a wonderful friend

I did secret sister swaps with her as she was the hostess

that is so sad she will be missed.

how is everyone doing?

i know first hand about depression it is awful

my prayer for you all and the family.

Charisma3103
Governor
Charisma3103

Hey ladies long time no chat/see guess I'm to late

Charisma3103
Governor
Charisma3103
In response to Charisma3103

Omg I just read about Kimberly omg omg

TJCraftyWitch
Governor
TJCraftyWitch
In response to Charisma3103

That truly stinks about Pink/Kim. I am so sorry to hear that and my thoughts and prayers go out to her family.

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK

That last comment made me smile on Pink's behalf. She would always make a point of not allowing us to call her Kim! Always had to be Kimberley! She'd be watching down now and frowning at those of us who knew her if we didn't say something about the 'Kim'!

I think she'd been pretty low for a year or two. She has a big family (7 kids), loving husband & a grandson too - such a sad thing for them all.

Edited by RachelUK on 04-04-16 12:58 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

TJCraftyWitch
Governor
TJCraftyWitch
In response to RachelUK

Yes Rachel I know about the Kimberely and Kim. When I first started on this swap, I asked which she preferred and riled her a few times on purpose by calling her Kim. She finally knew that I was being a smarty pants and teased me back.

Sad day for her family yes, I am sure they are sharing fond memories of their mom, wife and friend. She left the world too soon. Now looking out for her family as an angel.

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

• scrappy_day Said:

Jolena glad you are ok!

Just wanted you to know it wasn't your most recent SS

scrappy_day
Idol
scrappy_day
In response to tinadn

Thanks Tina. I appreciate it.

Where pals given out? I haven't received mine.

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle

Oh [email protected] Tammi. Pming you now.

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle
In response to RachelUK

Hey Victoria, I don't know if you're still going over to the last thread, but I found a message for you over there.

Hello Victoria,

This is your Big Sister I'm so happy i have you i have so many plans for you in the next three months. you'll be getting happy mail at lease twice a month.

Happy scrapping&crafting

scrappy_day
Idol
scrappy_day

Thanks Deb! Got it now

Drayia
Drayia 
Diva
Drayia

Hello Ladies,

Miss you bunches but really my time commitments have just increased and I don't come on here everyday let alone once a week anymore. I am currently in the last week of creating things for my DD wedding that takes place on Saturday April 9th.

I am greatly saddened to hear of Pink's passing, she was an amazing woman, mother and grandmother and very talented.

GingerH
Diva
GingerH
In response to Drayia

Hi all. In my shed creating.

pjangel
Diva
pjangel
In response to GingerH

HELLO LADIES...Its snowing here. Went with my friend today to pick up her mother of the groom dress it is stunning. I am all done with shower cards just to put name labels on them and drop them in the mail. DH made a nice pot of chicken soup yesterday so it helps on a nice cold day like today.

I will be checking in again in a few days....off to type up labels

SecretSisters2015
Expert
SecretSisters2015
In response to RachelUK

hello Victoria
Just dropping a line to you that i will be mailing out your package on the 15th of April. it will be there by the end of the month, i promise

just wanted you updated:-)

Big sister

SecretSisters2015
Expert
SecretSisters2015

Nancy I am claiming you sister. What are some of your favorite things?

SecretSisters2015
Expert
SecretSisters2015
In response to SecretSisters2015

Tammi, so glad you decided to stay. I am claiming my sister and guess what your package is on its way. That's correct your package is on its way.

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle

Good to see you Shana!!

I like seeing the sister's getting claimed.

Pam, I can't believe it's snowing. We actually had a day in the 70's today. I loved it. It's been scorching hot lately so today was perfect.

SecretSisters2015
Expert
SecretSisters2015

Happy Sunday everyone. My dear little sister Tonya I am hear to clam you. I am so excited to spoil you over the next three months.

I noticed that your birthday falls in this round as well I'll have something social planned for you come June, I am going to go stock your wish list now. Is there anything you are wanting this first month?

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK

Good Monday morning everyone! I have had a pretty exhausting weekend, and was very shocked by the news about Pink, God rest her soul. She took it very hard when her mum died, and now they will be reunited, which is a blessing.

We were moving furniture all around the country, leaving my stepdaughter in charge of the olds, with her 11 year old daughter Isabella. We moved some of my brother's stuff to my dd Emily's new home - they spent their first night there last night! Then we helped (I had borrowed a big van from work so it was great to move stuff so easily!) by moving Emily and David's last few boxes, and his bike, to their new place. Then over to the olds, packed up their house, as much as we could manage, and dropped a bed to Emily. Went to see my old mum while we were up in the north of England, which was nice - she was quite bright, and eating her Sunday lunch.

As I arrived at the nursing home, an ambulance was there to collect the body of a patient. The old lady had lived there for 5 years. All the staff came out into the spring sunshine to see her off - I thought it was a really nice touch. A few even waved as the ambulance went off down the hill. Touching moment.

We got back at 9.30pm and emptied the van. So exhausted.

While we'd been away and working our butts off all weekend, mother in law had had serious constipation. My fil had forgotten to give her her meds for a WEEK!! AAAAARRRGGGHHH! Poor stepdaughter was at her wits end. Shes had regular meds since Friday evening, but nothing is really working yet. The olds were asleep when I got back last night, and asleep when I left for work this morning, so there may be all sorts of trouble to sort out when I get back this evening.

I think I definitely need for you to wish me luck!!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to RachelUK

Good luck Rachel. Will you be bringing home a weekly pill compartment and prunes?

Edited by tinadn on 04-04-16 03:36 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

SecretSisters2015
Expert
SecretSisters2015
In response to tinadn

Hi Pam!
I am here to claim you. I am working on getting your first package together.
Question for you - do you wear jewelry?

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK

I talked to one of the sisters at work today about the old lady, Tina. She came round to my office with a little 'goody bag'! No prunes, but suppositories and gloves and lube! I don't think I have ever taken anything quite like this home before!

vawm
vawm 
Governor
vawm
  • vawm on 04-04-16 07:38 AM
In response to RachelUK

Deb, I don't have my friend for the swap yet?
Help!!!!!

vawm
vawm 
Governor
vawm
  • vawm on 04-04-16 07:43 AM
In response to vawm

Good luck Rachel. Dad is already relying on you and DH. Which is good and bad. In this case not so good.

We had a nice Divine Mercy Sunday celebration. We went to Lauds at 9:00, Mass at 10:00. It was nice.

I started on a dahlia dish cloth, which some of you saw on FB. It is an intermediate pattern, so some new stuff for me. All good though. Although as I was working I remember my great grandmother used to say you had to take out all of your work that you did on Sunday.

scrappy_day
Idol
scrappy_day
In response to vawm

Happy Monday.
I went shopping for my secret sister today. Got a few things for this month and next month.

scrappy_day
Idol
scrappy_day

• SecretSisters2015 Said:
Tammi, so glad you decided to stay. I am claiming my sister and guess what your package is on its way. That's correct your package is on its way.

Wow you are quick!! I will be on the look out for it!!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

If anyone is interested I saw on FB that there is a Go Fund Me page to help with Kimberly/Pink's expenses.

liljenny1
Diva
liljenny1
In response to tinadn

Happy Monday everyone Does anyone have any big scrapbook plans for the week or upcoming weekend?

My Monday Night tv show is done for now...I am hoping that is comes back. It was such a good show (Recovery Road). And I am ALL done with mermaid blankets So, I am back to scrapbooking a lot more.

I got my table all cleared off, and went to sit down and my motivation went running out the window. I am hoping it comes back to me.

TJCraftyWitch
Governor
TJCraftyWitch

Happy Sunday everyone. My dear little sister Tonya I am hear to clam you. I am so excited to spoil you over the next three months.

I noticed that your birthday falls in this round as well I'll have something social planned for you come June, I am going to go stock your wish list now. Is there anything you are wanting this first month?

Yes I do have a birthday this round...getting old...lol.

As for anything particular that I want first, not really. I am happy with anything. I love my metal embellishments and steampunk style stuff. But I love stamps and paper too. I am easy to please hun. Plus if the stuff isn't exactly from my wishlist but it is similar but a different brand from the stores, I am awesome with that too. I love Mike's Recollection line. I love goodies from Mike's, Jo's and Hob Lob. I even like eclectic goodies that can be used in steampunk stuff that isn't necessarily scrapbooking. I love to alter canvases, so flat or regular canvases are great...small to larger sizes. I love jewelry making stuff as well. I will be making stuff for my steampunk wedding, so I will be using a lot of copper, pewter, silver stuff, chains and lobster claw clasps.

I am sure I will be pleased as can be with my goodies that you get me.

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle

Hi ladies. Evidently I messed up on passing out the sisters. I'm not sure what happened unless I forgot to hit ADD POST. I went through and checked everyone off. So, anyway If I didn't give you your little sister please pm me. I'm at Mick's tonight and my paper with the list is at home so I'll get on it as soon as I get back home.

We've been cleaning Mick's place up because his son and family are supposed to be here on the 12th. We went to Lowe's last week to pick out carpet for his bedrooms. The rest of the house is tile. WHITE tile. OMG!!! Can you imagine. Better him than me. LOL!! Today he was trying to fix the toilet in the guest bath and accidentally broke the water pipe off way back in the wall. There was water shooting everywhere. He had to go turn it off at the meter but it took a long time because the meter was under water. He thought he'd turned it off at the main to the house but it was still shooting water. What a mess. I got the shop vac out and started sucking up water. All I can say is it's a good thing that he's getting new carpet because his office carpet is soaked. I hope it doesn't ruin his desk. It's a huge desk and neither one of us are capable of moving it out of there. I got his master bath and kitchen all done so it's looking good.

Rachel, what a predicament. Are you going to have to be the doctor with the suppositories? How is mil going to feel about all that?

SecretSisters2015
Expert
SecretSisters2015
In response to vawm

Hello little sister victoria,

how's it going?
how was your weekend?
what is your favorite color?
what style do you like?

your big sister

vawm
vawm 
Governor
vawm
  • vawm on 04-04-16 07:24 PM

Thanks for asking sis, my weekend was great!
My favorite color is royal blue.
I love steampunk and shabby chic, so obviously I also like pastels for the shabby chic and earthy tones for the steampunk along with blue, purples and teals.

Have a lovely evening big sis!

SecretSisters2015
Expert
SecretSisters2015
In response to vawm

Kim- This is your pal coming to claim you these next three months. Can't wait to shop for you.

Do you like any particular brands from Hobby Lobby or Michael's?
What is your favorite type of embellishment?
What is one thing that you would really like from your wishlist?
What is your favorite snacks?
Are there things you prefer not to get?
What embellishments or items do you like the least?

scrappindmbfan
Diva
scrappindmbfan

Nancy I am claiming you sister. What are some of your favorite things?

Hello Big Sister!

I love most embellishments. Especially brads, ribbon/lace/twine, and adhesive gems and pearls. The colors I use most often are blue, black, white, brown and purple. I also need a stash refresh with paper, so any paper on my wishlist would be awesome!

I'm sorry to hear about pink. My thoughts will be with her family.

scrappindmbfan
Diva
scrappindmbfan
In response to scrappindmbfan

Also, I had a question about my lil sister. I replied to the private message I got with her info. Can whoever runs that account, check the PMs, please

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to liljenny1

• liljenny1 Said:
Happy Monday everyone Does anyone have any big scrapbook plans for the week or upcoming weekend?

My Monday Night tv show is done for now...I am hoping that is comes back. It was such a good show (Recovery Road). And I am ALL done with mermaid blankets So, I am back to scrapbooking a lot more.

I got my table all cleared off, and went to sit down and my motivation went running out the window. I am hoping it comes back to me.

When my motivation disappears, I find someone to do a scraplift from! It always turns out differently to the original, but it gets me back in the groove again!

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to vawm

• vawm Said:
Good luck Rachel. Dad is already relying on you and DH. Which is good and bad. In this case not so good.

We had a nice Divine Mercy Sunday celebration. We went to Lauds at 9:00, Mass at 10:00. It was nice.

I started on a dahlia dish cloth, which some of you saw on FB. It is an intermediate pattern, so some new stuff for me. All good though. Although as I was working I remember my great grandmother used to say you had to take out all of your work that you did on Sunday.

Dh got home from a business trip to Paris around 10am, and texted me that there had been an 'eruption'!!!! Too much information, methinks! However, as mil was up and dressed with lipstick on before I left the house this morning, I was already thinking she looked a little brighter.

I love that saying from your grandmother!!

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to RachelUK

Debbie - I was the NURSE with the supps - who needs a doc for that?!! I went home and immediately said to her 'this evening I am your nurse, and not your daughter in law, for at least the next 20 minutes'. She was quite ok and did everything I said - I wasn't taking any prisoners! Seems it all paid off today, so all is well. I have also got dh putting their dinner together this evening, as fil has asked me to go and buy some pyjamas for her and some new joggers/elasticated leisure trousers, which I think I can manage!

I have started on a mini album - it was something I could do whilst sitting with the olds. If I leave the room for any length of time, mil says 'Wheres our Rachel'?!! I guess she just needs to settle in a little more!

GingerH
Diva
GingerH
In response to RachelUK

Morning ladies. Got my pal, waiting to be claimed lol

vawm
vawm 
Governor
vawm
  • vawm on 04-05-16 09:04 AM
In response to GingerH

Aw, Rachel, that is the one thing I miss about my grandma more than anything is being called "our Victoria". Such fond memories of that. Thank you. It is such a very English thing and so endearing!

dniemeier
Expert
dniemeier
In response to vawm

Hi Ladies...it has been a long time since I was on here. Deb it was good to chat with you on the phone Sat. night. I am going to try chat along.

vawm
vawm 
Governor
vawm
  • vawm on 04-05-16 10:26 AM
In response to dniemeier

Deanna! Hi! How good to see you!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to vawm

Hello Deanna

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle
In response to tinadn

Hi Deanna, gosh I've missed you. Yes it was really nice talking to you the other night. Thank you for calling. Maybe soon we can get together again.

Page 1 of 10 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics