Page 20 of 21 
Username Post: JAFF Jr. (Just a Few Friends)        (Topic#1662217)
southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to andrea m

good morning

well husband is away for work he went to wy to help this new guy at the store. he won't be back until Thursday. he drove up there with my car so I have his car that he drives. Saturday we went to the big city took are car to get a oil change and then went to Costco to get a few things I need. my mom still in the hospital and hope she can get out today. I talk to my dad and said my mom not feel great. I am try to clean my scrapbook room. I done my sister and mom and my aunt and my mother-in-law and going to work on my grandma Christmas gift when I am down in cail. I haven't even start my husband Christmas gift or my brother or my dad I usually give them a gift card. we are head to cail the 21 and stay there until Friday and then head to Vegas to stay with my mother-in-law and then the next day head back home to Idaho.

Stetz sounds like a great weekend

hope everyone has a nice Monday

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to southern lady

Hiya? I'm back in the main lab once again and I'm a lot happier despite the fact the main lab is pretty much it's same insane self. You come to miss the noise and the chaos of the main lab when you're exiled to the third floor lab for a week LOL. I came home from work today and I was laying on my bed reading (I'm on my pre-Christmas book buying ban so I'm reading my "To Be Read" pile LOL)...the next thing I knew, I woke up with an over 600 page hardcover book squashing my glasses to my face.

Stephanie- One of the reasons I don't like doing the odd shifts in the late fall/winter is that it's so dark when I leave the hospital. It makes me feel like I've lost the whole day because it's so dark out.

Andrea- I'm working on my Christmas book list...but I Christmas my shop for myself so it doesn't matter who gets the list LOL.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to DNA301

hello and good morning

well it rain here this morning. well I am surprise that I am get sleep while husband away sometimes I can't get to sleep. talk to my husband little bit last night. I am still clean my scrapbook room. I finish all my Christmas cards. this weekend I am going have my husband put the Christmas lights up on the house before it get to cold or it snow. I bought one of those lights that you put out on your lawn and the lights hit the house we see how that looks.

hope everyone has a nice Tuesday

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles

Good morning!

Andrea, I love weekends of just vegging out. I hate when my weekend is jam packed and I feel like I don't get any down time.

Danielle, sorry to hear your mom is in the hospital and not feeling well. Good job getting so much done for Christmas!

Ashley, I know what you mean about leaving and it being dark. I hate the time change and cold! Why can't we just keep the nice warm weather?? LOL

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps
In response to StarsNSparkles

Stetz I'm sorry to hear about you and dh but glad you've come to an understanding.

I've ordered two things online for Christmas and that's it so far. Friday a friend and I are going out of town Christmas shopping so hopefully I'll get some done then.

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to Becky Scraps

Hiya? I was 7:30-3:30 today on the third floor...I was so worried that the lab would be freezing cold and the analyzers would be down but I had everything up and ready for the day by 7:53AM...When I left at 3:30, everything was still working properly but the room was starting to get terribly cold. I'm not sure what happened after I left though. The last thing I saw on my way out was one of the other techs on the phone trying to get someone to lower the air conditioning.

Stephanie- I'd be so much happier if the weather stayed warm. I'm probably the worst North-Easterner in the universe by hating the cold LOL.

Becky- I ordered two Christmas gifts today but, first, I need to work on birthday gifts for my sister and her husband. Their birthdays are in early December so I have to get past that first.

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to DNA301

Good morning. I got a few more Christmas gifts ordered yesterday in between loads of laundry and grocery shopping. Got my 1st picture shelves hung up and some pictures up. I absolutely love it!

Got into a fight with Gregg last night. I was determined not to fight with him, but he just kept antagonizing on and on, until I finally just blew up and left the house, then he sends me a text saying I'm unable to sit and have a conversation and there was no reason to blow my top. I love being married to a narcissist.

Becky, Christmas shopping with a friend would be fun!

Ashley, good job getting everything up and running at work and keeping it that way. I hate the cold too!

southern lady
Governor
southern lady

hello and good morning

well husband came home last night from his trip. the dogs where happy. yesterday took dogs get groom. I clean are family room and move are couch to make room for are Christmas tree. well it rain here today this morning. I hope my mom is feel good I have to call her to see how she is doing. I am hope when I am in cail I will do some Christmas shopping I just need to get stuff for my husband and something for my dad and I want to buy little gift for my neighbor. we will see how my mom feels and I need to buy a b-day gift for my husband seen his b-day in dec. I found out when my husband came home that he has to go to salt lake city for work dec 6. my scrapbook room is get there. we might get some snow Friday yuck.

Stetz- sorry to hear that your husband got in a bad flight. hope things work out.

hope everyone else has a nice Thursday

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam

Stetz, I'm so sorry about the argument with Gregg. I was going to say just walk away, but I wasn't thinking about him following you with a text. How much of this do you think is related to his health? Stitch Fix, if I'm explain this correctly, is an online clothing service. You choose, or are assigned, a stylist. You complete an interactive questionnaire so that the stylist can understand the types of clothes you like. The stylist selects the clothes for you. Everything is done by shipping.

I have zero done for Christmas shopping. Zip. Nada. I don't even know what I'm going to get for anyone. My BFF is coming up next weekend, so I had better get my act together for her present. I have something I am making for her and the others, but those are only half done.

Andrea, I hear you on the craft room. I need to set the room up for Scott before Thursday. The room was used for staging for the contractor, so it's a flipping disaster at the moment.

Danielle, I'm sorry to hear about your mom. I hope her recovery goes well. Good for you for getting a nice jump on Christmas.

Ashley, LOL on the book to the face. I read my kindle every night after I crawl into bed. Sometimes I get sleepy and wham! I drop the kindle right on my face, LOL!

Becky, that sounds like a fun trip! I would love to go holiday shopping with a friend.

Last night I did our Thanksgiving shopping and our weekly shopping. Yay! Now I need to plan how to cook everything. I expect a houseful for the next weekend, and I'm working Mon-Wed.

Our contractor did a great job. It was inconvenient not having water in the kitchen for a day, but no biggie. They put tile and a new toilet in our master bath. All the colors came together perfectly. The cabinet under our kitchen sink is finally repaired. Today's chores include finding accessories for the toilet room and cleaning up the aftermath. The contractor cleaned up nicely, but there is dust to deal with and things have to be put back in the kitchen. Next up is our front fence. I'm waiting on HOA approval now. Same contracting company, but different contractor.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to Luvmyfam

hello there.

well I just talk to my dad and told him we are come down Tuesday and told me my mom not doing well. so I don't know what we doing for thanksgiving if my mom not feel great. but I am still make my pumpkin bread and I bought at the store pumpkin roll to take. so we will see how she feels.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam

Danielle, there are several chain restaurants that are serving dinner on Thursday, and some do take out. Maybe that will be an option. I can't imagine your mom will want to cook dinner.

God laughed at my plans today. I was taking my shower and noticed that the bathtub was scarcely draining even though I couldn't find a clog. I got out and looked into the "new" toilet room and there was water all over the floor. Long story short....the water was slowly draining from the tub, down to the first floor, through our ceiling light fixture. The drips filled most of a 6-gallon bucket, and that's just what I caught. The plumber is on his way. I think he's taking a boat around Cape Horn, though.

andrea m
Governor
andrea m
In response to Luvmyfam

ugg jen sorry about the leak.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to andrea m

Thanks, Andrea. The plumber is here. He had to pull up the toilet. The toilet has only been in about 48 hours! He is snaking the drain. There is no guarantee this will work.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to Luvmyfam

The plumber thinks he fixed the problem. It was a major clog in our drain, about 15 feet from the toilet. It's not exactly related to the new toilet being installed, but using the drain for the 1st time in several years only added to a probably already existing clog. It explains a few things. Over the last few months I could hear a drip in the wall after our showers in the same area where the plumber thinks the clog was at. So, hopefully it is fixed. Still no guarantees. If it happens again, they will need to send a camera down the drain.

So much for my day being as productive as I thought it would be. Oh well. At least it happened on our day off versus a workday or Thanksgiving.

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to Luvmyfam

Hiya? Went to go see "Justice League" last night...it's not a bad movie but it's not a good movie either. Aside from "Wonder Woman," it's like DC just can't make a good movie! I mean, there were good characters (the standouts for me were Wonder Woman and Aquaman) and some good parts but the bad guy was one sided...I COULD NOT stand the person they had playing The Flash (it wasn't the actor from the TV show)...Superman came back way too early and is just too over powered so he made the whole fight at the end seem just a little over simplified. The other issue I had was the fact the male director and the male costume designer took the armor the Amazons wore in "Wonder Woman" (which was a female directed with a female costume designer movie) and turned it into leather bikinis. Then guys wonder why women get annoyed during super hero movies!

Stephanie- I'm not into Christmas this year. My sister and her husband are already causing drama about Christmas to the point where I told my mom to pick a day that was more convenient for them to celebrate Christmas and skip the holiday entirely. The only thing I want on Christmas (and not even really) is the "Doctor Who" Christmas special...but they're going to have the Doctor regenerate so that means ugly crying from me LOL!

Jen- Sorry to hear about your bathroom leak. We have a permanent leak in our bathroom thanks to the morons who live upstairs. They have a leaky tub they refuse to fix and it's getting into our ceiling.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to DNA301

For sharing.....

Friends By Luvmyfam

Precious By Luvmyfam

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to Luvmyfam

Ashley, hopefully the leak you are experiencing never causes a big problem. My DH likes superhero movies, but so many are terrible that I've given up watching them with him. I liked the Avengers and Wonder Woman, though. I listened to a discussion about those leather bikinis on the morning radio show that I listen to. The DJ's were laughing about how ridiculous it is to think that warriors would fight with so much exposed skin. I'm sorry to hear about the Christmas drama.

Edited by Luvmyfam on 11-19-17 08:23 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to Luvmyfam

well I made my pumpkin bread yesterday and we hung the christams lights on the house yesterday. we been try to fix are Christmas tree some of the lights are not work so we been try to change the pupils but they are still not going on. my husband said we might need to buy a new Christmas tree. this tree I think it about 14 or 13 years old and it been move. so we will see what we will do I like to keep the tree but some of the lights are not working. yea I got some of my decoration up I know it early but I just want to get out of the way. I put up my village that my aunt buys me ever Christmas now I need to buy some lights to put under the snow. I have pic of it in my fb. now I need to clean the kitchen and the bathrooms and need to back my stuff up. it probably be warm in California. it is cloudy here right now. I hope my mom up for help me work on my grandma Christmas gift. I still have got my dad anything or my brother,

well if I don't come on here hope everyone has a great thanksgiving.

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301

Hiya? Today I was 10-6 on the third floor. The person who was supposed to be 10-6 had an unexpected death in her family on Friday (she found out while at work) so they gave her time off to go back to China to be with them. Someone had to cover her 10-6 shift and, since I'm off tomorrow, I got to be it for today LOL! It was all kinds of crazy on the third floor...usually there's an order to the days (like Tuesdays are hemoglobin disorders, Wednesdays are the sickle cell patients, Thursdays are chemo patients) but, because the third floor will be closed Thursday and Friday, we had EVERYONE coming in today!

Jen- We've already had the bathroom ceiling cave in once...I remember my sister and I were in high school and we came home from some Regent exam (not the same one...She was a Freshman and I was a Junior) and the bathroom ceiling was on the floor. I think I made the decision to just cloooooooooooose the door and let my dad find out for himself.

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles

Good morning. Been a pretty quiet week for me since last checking in. Got the last of the photo shelves stained, so hoping to get them hung this week. This is my last day of work this week. I usually work Thursday, but since that's Thanksgiving, I get a 5 day weekend! Woohoo!!

Jen, that stitch fix sounds pretty cool. I may have to check that out. I'd love to look better in clothes! LOL I'd love to look better out of them too! That's fabulous that the contractor did such a great job and you are loving the colors and how it all came together! It's so nice when the end results are what you hope! OMG on the leak to the new toilet room. I would've gone crazy I think! I hope he got it fixed!

I honestly don't think any of what Gregg is putting me through is health related. Of course, I can't know for sure, but from what I've put together of his life before me, he's always been kind of an a-hole. I think what his mom did to him as a young child turned him into what he is.

Ashley, sorry you didn't love the movie. I'm with Jen, I don't usually watch them. I don't know anything about DC comics either, so I'm just dumb when it comes to them. Sorry about the Christmas drama. We're have a little drama in our family with my niece recently leaving her husband and already being with a new guy. Her and her husband have had divorce papers since January, but her leaving to be with another guy and our family just now finding out has definitely not sat well.

I probably won't be on again until after Thanksgiving, so I hope everyone has a fabulous holiday!!

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301

Hiya? Was off from work today since I worked last weekend. I went to Target with my dad. He had to pick up some bins my mom ordered and he turned me lose in the store with a "just answer your cell phone when I call you." I didn't really buy much but it was nice to wander around and get out of the house for a while.

Stephanie- I have to work Thanksgiving but it's 8-4 and my sister has to work as well so it's not so bad I guess. Then I'm on vacation from Friday until Dec. 5th so I just have to survive the next two days LOL!

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to DNA301

Happy Thanksgiving.

Stetz, I will let you know when Shawna is ready to go with Stitch Fix. If you are still interested, you can request her to be your stylist. I can vouch that she's really good, and I'm not just saying that. She's been dressing me for years. Anything that looks dumb on me is something I picked out, not her. I can't wait to try out the service, so I can let you know how it goes. Sorry about Gregg being a 'hole prior to med issues. I'm sure the med issues only made it worse. I can imagine medical issues like this bringing out the worst in some people.

Ashley, yay for vacation. My company is closed Tday and Friday, and I am taking a half-day on Monday morning.

Today I am cooking. I'm just sitting here, drinking coffee, stalling before the big storm, lol! Scott comes in today, and Shawna and Kira (and James?) will be here after noon. The leak issues were fixed and everything is cleaned up and dried out. I can't remember if I posted, but it was a major clog in a drain about 15 feet from the bathtub. At least we hope it was. It all seems good now.

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to Luvmyfam

Hiya? Thanksgiving was ok...it was just there and I'm glad it's over. Now, I'm on to being on vacation from work LOL! This time I have a few things planned for vacation but that depends on whether or not the weather here in NYC behaves itself. Some days this week are supposed to be brutally cold and others are supposed to be in the 60s...so that should be fun LOL!

Jen- I was just lucky to get the week off since so many people were asking for vacations. We all have to use our days before we lose them.

andrea m
Governor
andrea m
In response to DNA301

hi everyone.

not much going on with me. ds was gone all week. he comes home tonight. Dh has been doing projects around the house like a mad man. dd has been babysitting but she did help me cook Thanksgiving dinner.

I am almost done Christmas shopping just nieces and nephews.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to andrea m

Ashley, how is the weather shaping up for your plans? It's a wash-out here. My bff is towing her scooter all over N. CA this week, and the one day she is at my house is the one day it rains. We might get a ride in tomorrow morning. I'm going in late to work, so that will be doable IF the weather actually dries up. We don't have a use it or lose it rule. As a result, combined with how busy our company is, it's actually hard to take vacation days.

Andrea, where was DS this week? Yay on the Christmas shopping progress. I've only shopped for Kira and my bff (done on both counts).

It's been a busy couple of days. Thanksgiving was very nice. It was awesome having Kira join us at the table. She was cracking us up. Friday was the cousin fest and it was great seeing my nieces and nephews. Kira really enjoyed all of the activity. My BFF gets here in about an hour and she'll spend the night. I'm SO over cooking and cleaning. The house is good enough at the moment, and tonight will be take out.

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to Luvmyfam

Hiya? Went to go see "Coco" yesterday with one of my friends...On the Pixar Scale, it wasn't exactly my favorite. It was a fun movie and very brightly colored but I felt like I missed some of the elements of the story since I don't celebrate Day of the Dead. However, the Frozen short before it almost had me in tears. It was just so cute and sweet and I love Olaf! Today I just hung around the house and read LOL! I'm on vacation this week so I'm hoping to get some Christmas shopping or something done.

Jen- Today was cold...tomorrow's supposed to be cold...then it's supposed to get up in the 60s...the cold again. The weather here is being strange LOL!

andrea m
Governor
andrea m
In response to DNA301

jen ds went to seattle with his girl friend.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to andrea m

hello there

well I am back home in Idaho. well Tuesday I went to pick my husband at work and we head the back way to cailfirorna. it a really long drive. we had to stop to let dogs out. well we got to my parents house around 9 pm. my mom still not feel great so gose back Tuesday to get the stiches out of her head and they are going to do radiation to try to get the rest of the tumor. my mom eyes site not great right now. so Wednesday we didn't do much hang around the house. Thursday got the little turkey out and made some jello. I help my mom seen it was little hard for her seen she still not feel great. my sister didn't come because she was get sick and my grandma didn't come because she though she was get a cold . so my brother and his girlfriends was there and my aunt and uncle. so we all help my mom make dinner. found out that my brother girlfriend is pg and it is going to be a boy but they won't have the baby until may. so Friday stay home and chilly. Saturday we head to vegas to stay at my mother-in-law house. when we got there drop the dogs and did little shop went to kohl's and home goods , PetSmart to get some more dog food and then went to hobby lobby. then came back and then later on went out to dinner. when we got back went to the chocolate factory out here in vegas where they had Christmas lights then went back . Sunday head back to Idaho and didn't get home until 7 pm. the weather out there was nice a hot felt like summer time we where in the 90's. today it is cold here and rain today.

hope everyone is doing great and have a nice Monday

andrea m
Governor
andrea m

sounds like a nice trip danielle

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to andrea m

Ashley, we've been ranging from high 30's to mid 70's. Crazy. How is your vacation going?

Andrea, that's a big step! Did he travel with his gf's family? Was he able to visit friends back in WA?

Danielle, I'm sorry to hear that about your mom.

Crazy few days here. My BFF came and we had a great time. We went riding our bikes on Monday, but time slipped away and I never made it into work. Tuesday night we had to clear out our bathroom so that the Floor Store people could replace our entry way flooring (original product is defective). Tonight was supposed to be normal, but nooooo. We had another water leak (unrelated to the first one) that went from the kids's bathroom down onto.....the newly replaced flooring!!! I hate our plumbing. HATE. The flooring is fine, thankfully. I caught it very early and just happened to know exactly where the bucket and towels were (imagine that, lol). Everything is fixed and cleaned up. We're running fans now. Fun times. Not.

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to Luvmyfam

Hiya? Went to go see a special showing of "Howl's Moving Castle" in the movies tonight with my mom. It's an anime movie but dubbed over in English and it's probably one of my favorite anime movies. It's about this girl named Sophie who works in her father's hat shop and she gets turned into an old woman and has an adventure with the dashing Wizard Howl. It's all very good fun and the scenery is just amazing. That's one thing about Japanese anime movies vs American animated movies. Anime movies have these moments of quiet where there's nothing going on but someone looking at the stars or a lake or a castle or an overview of a garden or a field of flowers. You don't find that in American movies where it's all go-go-go in the movies.

Jen- Vacation's ok but I'm starting to get nervous about going back to work. It's making me more nervous because the day I go back, I'm in the downstairs lab at 7:30AM instead of the upstairs lab.

andrea m
Governor
andrea m
In response to DNA301

Jen no Ds and his gf drove themselves to wa. They stayed with her family their and then they left the card with her mom who had flown down later and they flew back on their own. It was a big step and they got in a fender bender in seattle traffic. his gf just turned 18 and ds will be 18 in march. Dh and i felt he was old enough to go. They said they had a great time.

I am getting my decorations out since tomorrow is the first. The kids have to have their advent calendars ready to go.

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to andrea m

Hiya? My parents had to rush my grandmother to the doctor's today. She was insisting she had pneumonia and it was starting to worry my mom. It turns out she just has a severely bad cold and the doctor was annoyed that they bothered to bring her in at all since he can't do anything for a cold. That left me in the house all day by myself (well, with my beagle). I spent the day decorating my fairy garden for Christmas (the faeries needed a tree and stuff) and putting together my December Daily Album and having my own private concert in my bedroom LOL!

Andrea- I bought my mom and I a Disney Advent Calendar. This is the first year in forever that we've had one.

Look! I did a thing:
December Daily 2017 Front Cover By DNA301
December Daily 2017- Inside Front Cover By DNA301

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to DNA301

well look we got little dusting of snow last night. well yesterday I help my neighbor some of her Christmas decoration for her and put it place she want at. I can't believe that today is dec 1, I find out how my mom is doing this weekend when I call her, well tomorrow I am hope we can take are Christmas pic that way I can put them on some of my Christmas cards and fix some of the lights outside seen they fell little bit in the wind and put are Christmas spot light up and put some pictures frame up in the family room.

hope everyone has a nice Friday

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301

Hiya? We took the Girl Scouts to see "Coco" tonight. My mom was concerned that the kids might be freaked out by the skeletons but everyone seemed to have a really good time. I didn't see any Daisies running around the theater so I'm going to assume they sat with their parents and watched the movie LOL! The older girls, who we were all worried would be bored with the animated movie, came out saying how much they liked it.

Day One:
December Daily 2017- Day 1 By DNA301
December Daily 2017- Day 1 By DNA301

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to DNA301

Andrea, oh no on the fender bender! That's great that they had a fun time.

Ashley, that is an interesting observation on the movie cultures. I guess it's better to be safe than sorry for someone at your grandmother's age. I would think that a cold could cross over into pneumonia easily. At some point it's probably hard to tel the difference.

Danielle, I hope your mom is doing well when you talk to her. It sounds like your Christmas planning is moving along nicely.

Not much going on here. Work keeps me busy as always. There is nothing solid on our calendar this weekend. I can use this time to get caught up on chores and maybe do some Christmas shopping. As long as nothing new (or old) leaks, then it will be a successful weekend, LOL.

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to Luvmyfam

Hiya? Went to teach dance today and it was almost entirely an unpleasant day. I mean, I knew today was going to be unpleasant before I walked into the dance studio so, at least, I was prepared, right? Today we showed all the kids and parents the costumes the kids were wearing and let them hear the music they'd be dancing to. It just created a very hectic day for all of us, especially where the little kids were involved. This year, the parents were very...opinionated...when it came to the music that was picked for the classes which was new to me. One parent actually went and complained that she wanted her child to do a "princess ballet" and not the song from "My Little Pony" the class is doing!

Jen- My mom and I were supposed to go out tomorrow to do some Christmas shopping but I don't know if that'll happen.

Today's adventure:
December Daily 2017- Day 2 By DNA301
December Daily 2017- Day 2 By DNA301

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to DNA301

Ashley, unless the studio is a co-op, the parents are lucky they get any say at all. The owner of the studio I went to managed with an iron fist. What she said went. Good luck with your shopping, if you go.

I finished shopping for most of the family. I'm waiting for a weekly sale to finish the rest. Today I have to slog through bills, groceries, and a trip to the hardware store. Booo.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to Luvmyfam

hello and good morning

yesterday was a busy day. went to the neighbor house to have my husband see her pictures frame that fall off the wall and have him try to put it back on the wall . so we went to ace to get the stuff and seen we had to go there to get some wire for my picture frame. we bought are neighbor one of those light you put on the ground seen she had to retune hers seen her kids only give her just little money to have a week I think. I feel sorry for her . so I let her use some of my other Christmas dree I had to put in her front yard. she was about to cry happy and thanks us and say she could pay us but we told her no just bake some cookies or bread. that what neighbor do is help them out. so we got are Christmas lights put on the ground up and then put hers up for here and the decorations well I talk to my mom she doing okay not feel great yea. I hope she fell good soon and she afraid of loose her site and won't be able to drive any more. .

hope everyone has a nice Sunday

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301

Hiya? Wound up not going shopping today. Instead, I helped put away Thanksgiving stuff and played video games. Tomorrow's my last day of vacation and, as usually, I'm terribly nervous about going back to work. I don't even know why I'm nervous about going back...I just am LOL! It seems to happen every time I go back to work from vacation.

Jen- The parents have ABSOLUTELY NO SAY in the music/costumes the kids wear. The only people who get limited say are me and the two other older soloists. We don't get to pick our dance styles (which is fine because I always get pointe anyway) but we get to help pick out our music and costume. Like, this year, I'm doing the song "Paint it Black" except it's from the show "Westworld" so it's done on old fashioned instruments and I'm wearing a more modern/lyrical costume instead of a traditional ballet costume...and, yes, it's black LOL!

Today's adventure:
December Daily 2017- Day 3 By DNA301

December Daily 2017- Day 3 By DNA301

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to DNA301

hello and good morning

well we got little dusting last night. it looks like a cold cold day here brrr. the Christmas party was alright. I felt sick Saturday night. I won some stuff I have pic of it in my facebook. well look like they are going to be building a house across the street from us my husband saw them do the property line. I think they are doing a few house . well today go to the gym later on. my husband has to go to a work thing In salt lake city just for one day so they are leave tomorrow after work and he be back Wednesday night. well I am hope to start back Christmas cookies. I am want to try to make truffles. I been try look at Pinterest.

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301

Hiya? Today was my last day of vacation. I'm back to the lab tomorrow...well, sort of anyway. I'm in the 3rd floor lab tomorrow from 7:30-3:30. Part of me is glad I go back on a leave early day and the rest of me would have much rather had my first day back upstairs so I wouldn't be responsible for having to open the third floor lab LOL! Today was only an okay day...I went out with my mom to take pictures and shop in Manhattan and my sister came along (she needed a birthday gift for her husband) and things just degenerated when she got a bee in her bonnet...and, no, she never did get her husband a birthday gift LOL!

Today's adventure:
December Daily 2017- Day 4 By DNA301
December Daily 2017- Day 4 By DNA301

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to DNA301

Danielle, that was very nice of you to help your neighbor. I hope your mom continues to get better. Good luck with the cookies and have fun if you try truffles.

Ashley, my comment was on the kids' parents being opinionated and complaining. They sounds so annoying!

Oh good gravy! I just saw my first tax commercial for the upcoming filing season. Barf.

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to Luvmyfam

Hiya? I was back to work today. Instead of starting me upstairs, I was 7:30-3:30 on the third floor. It was a bit of a rough morning for me because the person who was 10-6 the day before left the room a mess...I came in to find one analyzer down and the slidemaker/stainer completely empty of any reagents (I understand one reagent...but ALL FOUR?! REALLY!?). Then the clerk, who was supposed to be at 8AM, was 45 minutes late so...yeah...not a fun morning LOL! Then one of my partners elected not to work as she was too busy planning happy hour for her and her friends.

Jen- I think I saw a tax commercial the last time I watched TV LOL!

Today's Adventure:
December Daily 2017- Day 5 By DNA301
December Daily 2017- Day 5 By DNA301

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to DNA301

hello and good morning

up early this morning. my back hurt me little bit this morning when I woke up. the dogs woke me up early and I couldn't get back to bed. my husband come home tonight I think around 9pm. I did a lot of laundry yesterday . I still need to buy something for my husband that he wouldn't know. seen I bought him stuff he need and he was there when I bought it. it just hard find stuff for him. his birthday is come up and I bought him a ornament that what I usually do for his birthday and make him a cake.

hope everyone has a nice Wednesday

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301

Hiya? I was back in the upstairs lab today and it was its normal, noisy self. Actually, today something very strange happened. Today we were overstaffed LOL! We had an extra tech who wound up helping my partners and I at the CBC station for most of the day. Then he had to go cover body fluids for the afternoon where he got drowned in fluids...I felt bad for him but no one wanted to fill in on that bench and he was extra on the schedule so he had no choice.

Today's adventure:
December Daily 2017- Day 6 By DNA301
December Daily 2017- Day 6 By DNA301

andrea m
Governor
andrea m
In response to DNA301

good morning. not a lot happening around here. We are all going to ds's robotics tournament tomorrow. We are even taking dd out of school. Its his senior year and i want to see as much as i can.

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to andrea m

Hiya? Today was a strange day at work...one of the techs came in and announced he'd put in his four weeks notice. It seems he got a job in IT and they pay a lot better than the lab so he's leaving. That through the lead techs in an uproar because the schedule is done until March so now they have to change everything, including bumping up "special lab" training. Now tomorrow I have to go to the across-the-street lab for the day so I can be trained to cover the tech who works there when he goes to lunch.

Andrea- That's so cool that you're all going to see your son's robotics tournament together!

Today's Adventure:
December Daily 2017- Day 7 By DNA301
December Daily 2017- Day 7 By DNA301

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to DNA301

Today's adventure:
December Daily 2017- Day 8 By DNA301
December Daily 2017- Day 8 By DNA301

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to DNA301

Danielle, happy birthday to your husband. How is your back today?

Andrea, how was the robotics tournament?

Ashley, I guess 4 weeks notice is better than the standard 2. I hope the transition is easy for you. Will another person be hired to take his place?

I've finished most of my Christmas shopping today. I just need to buy 1 gift card, get some cash, and fund Kira's college account. I have some crafting to do, too. I'm not sure when I'll put up the tree. I can't get my desire to decorate to sinc up with my free time, LOL.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to Luvmyfam

well it been cold here and foggy here, well took the dogs to see santa and took pic of them it was hard they both want to move but we got something and I won a free nail trim. then when we got home start work on my oatmeal cookies and then my chip cookies not chocolate chips. they all turn out good , yea ann I know what you mean I eat them all to. then we took are Christmas family pic that way I can put them in the Christmas cards. start mail them out. my hole body is hurt today and little yesterday.

hope everyone has a nice sunday

andrea m
Governor
andrea m

Jen it went well. Ds's team lost one round by one point but wont first place over all and also took the design trophy. In all the wood river teams took home 5 trophys. My sons team has won 7 trophys this year already. There bot was not running the best and the people putting it on had a lot of technical difficulties. It ended up going really late and they had to cut one round from each team. We enjoyed being there with him and spending the day.

Pretty slow around here lately.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to andrea m

Danielle, that sounds like a fun day. Ouch on hurting all over. I'm guessing the cold makes that worse. It does for me.

Andrea, that's great about the team! I'm glad you got to spend the day with him. Great memories!

it IS quiet around here. I hope it's just the holidays that are keeping everyone busy. I have a big to-do list today, but my mind just wants to be in vegetable mode. The latter is winning, LOL.

Edited by Luvmyfam on 12-10-17 08:39 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

andrea m
Governor
andrea m
In response to Luvmyfam

lol jen

I am working on the last of my christmas cards and laundry

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to andrea m

Hiya? Went out to dinner with my parents and my grandmother last night to celebrate my sister and her husband's birthdays (their birthdays are like three days apart). It was about as fun as you'd imagine it was LOL! I didn't do much else this weekend because I had to work at the lab. I'm not going to complain, though, since that means I have Christmas Eve and Christmas Day off this year! That's like having a three day weekend and I never complain about three day weekends LOL!

Jen- I made my mom sit down and do Christmas shopping today. I don't think she was keen on the idea but it had to get done. Tomorrow, since I'm off, I think we're going to put up the tree and all that stuff.

Andrea- That's awesome about your son's robotics team taking home so many trophies!

Two days worth of adventures:
December Daily 2017- Day 9 By DNA301
December Daily 2017- Day 9 By DNA301
December Daily 2017- Day 10 By DNA301
December Daily 2017- Day 10 By DNA301

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps
In response to DNA301

Just stopping in quick to say hi! It's been crazy busy around here. Hopefully I'll be back soon to catch up.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to DNA301

well today nothing much have to clean the bathroom. I need to make my husband birthday cake here. well we took are Christmas pic I think they came out alright the dogs one looks one way and the other looks the other way. well foggy here this morning here.

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301

Today's adventure:

December Daily 2017- Day 11 By DNA301
December Daily 2017- Day 11 By DNA301

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to DNA301

Today's Adventure:
December Daily 2017- Day 12 By DNA301
December Daily 2017- Day 12 By DNA301

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to DNA301

well today is my husband b-day I made his cake yesterday and had him ice it seen I can't do a good job on that. I woke up early this morning. it going to be another foggy day here and cold and ice you see the tree with ice and looks like snow. no snow yet here we usually get some by now. I don't know what we going to do today my husband took today off. for his b-day gift I buy a Christmas ornament.

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301

Today's adventure:
December Daiy 2017- Day 13 By DNA301
December Daiy 2017- Day 13 By DNA301

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to DNA301

well yesterday was nice still foggy. my husband took day off because of his birthday. so we went into the big city and went to big 5 and got a cover that we can use when we go camping if it rains and I can cook. that was my Christmas gift from my husband. then we went out for lunch for his birthday. then went to Petco to get some stuff for the dogs. then came home and rest went to my neighbor house and brought her cookies and her Christmas gift. well I we had cake that I made and then gave my husband his birthday gift. so it was a nice day. right now it is foggy again here. going to my class today at the gym..

andrea m
Governor
andrea m

Good morning.

im still working on a few cards. I need a few more gifts and i will be done. I am done with my kids at least.

Danielle sounds like a nice day.

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to andrea m

Hiya? Had a crazy day at the lab today. The overnight tech who was working the station I had to work during my shift must have fallen asleep at some point because he had a huge backlog of work that he left for me. One of the tests I had to run today is time sensitive (has a four hour window until the specimen is no good) so I had to figure out a way to just run everything since I had no way of knowing what was early and what was a later specimen. I get that this tech worked a double but, really, who let him sleep on the job!

Andrea- I still need to get my dad a gift. I think my mom and I are going to go on Sunday to look at a new laptop for him.

Today's Adventure:
December Daily 2017- Day 14 By DNA301
December Daily 2017- Day 14 By DNA301

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to DNA301

Danielle, that sounds like a nice day with your husband. I'm not great at icing cakes, either. I'm worse at wrapping presents. Oh well.

Andrea, DH is doing cards this year. I only need to do my family and my bff, which amounts to 4 whole cards. I guess I should get those out today since we are one week away!

Ashley, that is crazy about the tech falling asleep on the job. I guess that is a hazard with working doubles like that. YAY for getting a 3-day weekend for Christmas!

We are finally decorated! We had issues getting our outside lights up last weekend (burnt out strings was one). I ended up digging through our box of indoor stuff to find new bulbs. Nada. So, we ended up making a run to the hardware store. It was too late to set up outside, so I just did the indoor stuff since it was out. Terry (with a pinch of my help) set up the outside stuff over the week. There are a couple more things I would like to do, but no biggie if they don't get done. I do need to buy one more gift and then wrap everything. I also need to do the grocery shopping for our holiday meal this week.

Work is kicking my butt this week, no thanks to the ongoing tax changes that may or may not get signed in to law. I have to plan for all different scenarios. Shawna stopped by work yesterday with Kira. I didn't have much time to visit, but everyone knows Shawna and those two, plus James, went on an office tour. Kira totally recognized me in the sea of people and waved. Best wave ever!

Hi Becky!!!!

I hope Stetz gets a chance to stop in.

andrea m
Governor
andrea m
In response to Luvmyfam

Jen i bet it was the best wave ever. How cute.

It is snowing here. I dont know if it will last we will see.

My parents will be here the 21st for Christmas. There anniversary is the 22nd so i am going to have a special dinner.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to andrea m

hello

t is snowing here. I dont know if it will last we will see.

well today did a few things. i need to make my count balls. i talk to my mom little today she not doing great. hope that she be get better soon. my mom bought me some bar stools for my kitchen. hope to go check out some Christmas light tonight.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady

hello and good morning

we still have snow on the ground here. last night we went to a little town that close to us that put Christmas lights up in the town center. it call the Christmas city. it was cold took pic of everything. i have it on my facebook, i have to think what side dish to make for are Christmas dinner we will have ham and mash potatoes . i talk to my mom yesterday she said not feel still great her eyes site not great yet. we put up some curtains up in the family room and the kitchen of the sliding door

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam

Andrea, what will you do for your special dinner? I need to start gathering groceries for our Christmas dinner. I usually do something nice on NYD, too. I'm thinking ham for Christmas, and roast meat for NYD.

Danielle, I'm so sorry that your mom isn't doing great. That little town near you sounds darling. We have a scattering of lights on our main street which gives our town a nice Christmas feel.

We went to this light festival thing last night at the state fairgrounds. It was rather meh, and waaaaaaaaay too cold. Kira's nose was red and her hands were so cold. They had a vendor hall, but instead of Christmas vendors, people were selling bath remodels, solar panels, windows, and stuff like that. So odd! The light displays were fun and Kira enjoyed them.

I need to wrap and craft today, along with getting my regular chores done. I could use a third day off this weekend!

andrea m
Governor
andrea m
In response to Luvmyfam

Jen that is odd to not be selling Christmas stuff.

I think i am going to make manicotti and chicken parm.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to andrea m

hello

I need to start gathering groceries for our Christmas dinner just the 2 of us. i bought the ham already. well today nothing much took dogs for a walk. it is cold and windy today they said we should get some snow tomorrow. going to work out later today.

Jen that is odd to not be selling Christmas stuff.

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301

Hiya? I think I fell down the Star Wars rabbit hole and just now came out the other side LOL! I saw "Star Wars: The Last Jedi" on Friday after Scouts and then again on Saturday. I feel like I'm going to wear that disc out once it comes out on BluRay with all the rewatches I'm going to need to do. The movie left me with far more questions (and quite a few giant plot holes) than answers and I'm trying to figure out if that was accidently or on purpose.

I'm just trying to survive until Friday at work. I don't even care that Christmas is coming. I just want a three day weekend...plus, Saturday, I don't even have to go teach dance so it's a real, proper three day weekend where I don't have to go to any jobs LOL!

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to DNA301

well today my husband has to work later again today. i am piss at Ashley furniture they where going to give us creadit back on my card for the deliver and a 100.00. so i wait to see if they did that on my card and i look at it and they never did and my husband call them back and gave him the run around. so that piss me off and i think i will not go there again. i have never had problems with them in Vegas when i bought a chair form them. so i am think of give them a really bad review. sorry i had to rant about this. well today another cold day here. when i take the dogs for a walk and i feel like my face is turn red. i am going to work out today.

hope everyone has a nice Friday

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam

Merry Christmas Eve Eve! Is everyone ready? Bwahahahaha. I think I'm ready. I just to wrap a few more gifts and clean up around here. Scott comes in tomorrow, but will need to fly back out Christmas evening.

Andrea, manicotti and chicken parm sounds delicious. I haven't made manicotti in years.

Ashley, we are seeing the new SW moving today. I pre-purchased our tickets with reserved seating. Terry and I have been avoiding internet spoilers all week. Woot on a proper 3-day vacation!

Danielle, sorry to hear about the Ashley furniture runaround.

This work week was brutal. It was as bad, or worse, than any April 15th that I've been through. Next week will be hard, too, but the worst is behind me.

andrea m
Governor
andrea m
In response to Luvmyfam

stopping in to say merry Christmas. I probably wont be back on.

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to andrea m

Hiya? It was nasty and rainy here today but that's fine since I didn't really need to go outside LOL! I sat around in my pajamas and read which was perfectly fine with me. My mom and I were supposed to start wrapping and packing gifts today but we got a little...distracted...by "The Force Awakens" on my dad's TV. We wound up watching that and then making s'mores LOL! I guess we'll be up packing gifts all night tomorrow.

Jen- I hope you enjoyed the movie. I'm on the fence about this movie...especially about how the handled Luke and the whole thing about Rey's parentage. I can't say more without wandering into spoilers.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to DNA301

woke up early this morning can't go back to sleep. we probably got about a inch of snow but then the clouds left and sun was out and some of the snow melted, well today we are going into are little big city we need to go to home depo to get some there for the floors in the garage to get some of the water out because of the snow. then to go look a Michaels to look for a score board , then do Christmas with my parents on facetime and my hole family.

hope everyone has a nice Christmas and Christmas eve

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam

Merry Christmas Eve!

Andrea, have a great one.

Ashley, I liked the movie! PM me if you want and we can talk without spoiling if for others. I'm curious on your thoughts on Rey's parentage and Luke.

Danielle, I love how you phrase it, "the little big city." That describes the town next to us. Enjoy your facetime with the family.

The theater yesterday was an interesting experience. It is new and opened on 12/15 (a month early to accommodate Star Wars) The seats are numbered. We were able to reserve our exact seats, while others chose theirs after arriving to the theater. They bring the concessions to you. There is a button to push for service. They brought us popcorn, soda and coffee. Other people ordered hot dogs and sandwiches. They will have a full menu including pizza and pasta eventually. The employees were very discreet, but they distracted me a couple of times and I missed important things. They forgot to bring Terry's and Stephen's drinks (I smuggled in a water bottle), so we had to press the button to get those delivered. They delivered them (T and S were dying of thirst by then), and then about half way through the movie an attendant showed up with the original drink order, LOL! I ended up handing my popcorn to Terry as they put the melted butter all over it. My tummy does cannot handle butter. Now I know for next time. They swipe credit cards in the beginning, and then hand out bills just before the movie ends (perhaps the biggest distracting moment).

I'm just hanging here, waiting for everyone to show up. It's Christmas Eve with Shawna and Kira and the boys, and Christmas with just the boys.

Edited by Luvmyfam on 12-24-17 11:15 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to Luvmyfam

well we got some snow last night. facetime with my parents was hard my mom internet wasn't work so i guess my sister facetime me with her phone. my aunt and uncle where there and my sister and her husband and my brother and his girlfriend and her boy. it was hard seen what everyone got hmm. i think i need to get a ipad that would be easy then my phone. my husband said maybe for my birthday. well my grandma like her gift i made her and my mom and sister. well today nothing much i be bake dinner for us. i bought a scoreboard that i want my Christmas gift.

hope everyone has a nice Christmas and get everything they wanted.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady

well Christmas dinner was good but we didn't have rolls because it was to late to bake them. i bought apple pie but i should have bake that first before bake the ham and the side dish. well talk to my mom little bit. she said she love her gift and she said it little hard to see the pic on the p and told me that my brother in law love the bar stool that i gave them. they where are old ones seen they where to high. i watch a lot of Christmas movies on Christmas. Christmas eve i watch it a wonderful life i love that movie. my husband like his gift he was there when i bought it.

hope everyone has a nice Tuesday.

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301

Hiya? Hope everyone had a great Christmas and got everything they wanted from Santa! Mine was only okay...my sister and her husband were drama queens and that kind of just ruined everything. Even my mom is over them and their behavior...case in point, we had to hide all the books I got (because that's all I ever really want) so my sister and her husband had more gifts to open than I did but they both threw it up in my mom's face that she paid for my dance costumes so they deserved more gifts than they got to "make things equal." This is why I despise holidays!

Jen- One of our theaters has numbered seating (because it's RPX) but we don't have that kind of food delivery. I think there's a theater in Manhattan that does though. The day after I saw "The Last Jedi" with one of my friends, I texted him a list of questions and plot holes I had...he wanted to know if I'd written them down but they were all off the top of my head LOL!

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to DNA301

Danielle, I love "It's a Wonderful Life." I'm the only one in my family who does, so I haven't seen it in years. I watched it many, many times growing up.

Ashley, LOL on calling both your sister and BIL drama queens. OMG....your sister's behavior is atrocious. I can't even fathom telling a gift giver that they should have given me more items. I'm glad that your mom took note of the behavior. The theater we went to that has seat service is the 3rd that i know of in the SF Bay Area. There may be more. Many now have recliner seats, and one nearby has a special seat the moves with the movie. THey are showing SW 3D in that theater. There is another that does the number seating with reservations, but the numbers and row letters are not lined up well and it's quite a challenge for everyone to find the right seat. We missed our seats by an entire row once.

I was back at work today. Boo. This is a busy week, but no where near the stress that last week was. I might be saying the oposite come Thursday or Friday, though, LOL!

andrea m
Governor
andrea m
In response to Luvmyfam

DS watched star wars and said he was really disappointed. but he likes the original ones and is not impressed with disney on these ones.

My mom ended up with the flu for three days and missed almost all of Christmas. I barley got to visit with her. It was kinda a bummer but my dad and i palyed some great games of rummy. My kids had a great Christmas. I love the joy on their faces and i got lots of hugs from ds so i guess i did good.

Ashley your sister is a brat and acts worse than a toddler. My kids are way better behaved and would never act like that. She is an adult and in our world once your an adult you get less gifts period. Your mom need to quit allowing that beahvior.

I got a gs from my mil and cash from my parents to buy some goodies.

My parents left this morning but we may have more company tonight so i am cleaning like crazy.

Jen i have been to a theater like that but you place your food order before you go in pay and they bring you everything. I bet it was a fun time.

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to andrea m

Hiya? Just came home from seeing "The Greatest Showman." It was so beyond good! I really loved the music and the dancing and Hugh Jackman is just fishsticking amazing! I can't believe that guy can play Wolverine and sing the way he does! Sadly, my mom decided my sister needed to come along (she sprung that on me when I got home from work) and my sister, who hates circuses and musicals, decided to go on a tirade before the movie started about how awful it is that there's a movie about the life PT Barnum because he "enslaved" people.

Jen- I'm trying to convince one of my friends (who insists we have to celebrate birthdays even though I no longer celebrate mine because there's too much drama involved) we need to go to this 4D theater in Manhattan. It has the moving seats and everything!

Andrea- I think the part that really annoyed my mom was that my sister's husband (who has NO business being involved) stepped in and also asked for more gifts. She swears next year the two of them are just getting money and I can just have my books as the equivalent (which is fine by me because I would have taken the money and bought books).

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to andrea m

Andrea, I think my favorite SW movies are the classics. Bummer on your mom! We have the flu going around my office. I've had my shot, but I'm still feeling a sore throat tonight. I like the idea of ordering food before you go in. I think this theater waited too long to start the food service. They were still taking orders when the previews were running. What goodies will you buy with your gc and cash?

Stephen was very sweet and bought me a small package of scrapbook embellies (cat themed). Terry bought me saddle bags for my motorcycle. It will be nice having larger storage behind me that I can lock. Currently I use a very small, magnetic bag that sticks to my tank. It's nice because I can pull it off and carry it by the handle, but it sometimes feels like it's in my way.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to Luvmyfam

Oh....Shawna got me a darling, wood sign that says, "I Love that You're my Mom." I had to laugh, because I never thought I would see something like that coming from her. Sometimes a child has to have their own child to realize that their own mom wasn't so bad afterall.

Edited by Luvmyfam on 12-27-17 07:56 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to Luvmyfam

hello and good morning

well today nothing much i took down my little Christmas tree that was in my office area. we still have snow on the ground here. well it is right now 27. my mom has a iPad and that what she use to FaceTime .so what everyone doing for new years?

Luvmyfam- sound like you got some nice stuff for christmas.

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301

Hiya? I was 7:30-3:30 today on the third floor. Since it was so cold here today (like near single digits), I was very stressed about going in. Sometimes people forget to close the lab windows and, once it gets cold, the diluent in the analyzers freezes. That causes all kinds of chaos. Thankfully, the windows were closed and the machines behaved themselves! Well, except for our slide maker/stainer...it wasn't working at all. I later found out that two of the people working down there yesterday broke it and never called service to have them fix it.

Jen- Everyone at work is having flu problems and we all took the stupid flu shot. Turns out this year's flu shot is only 10% effective...so, pretty much, useless!

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to DNA301

well today my husband has to work late tonight won't be home until 7 pm. i am going to take some of my christmas stuff down in my scrapbook room. need to clean my christmas towels. need to clean my scrapbook room little bit.

hope everyone has a nice friday

andrea m
Governor
andrea m

Jen my mom had the flu shot. It did not seem to stop anything lol. I have been fighting a cold but luckily not what my mom had.

We had some surprise guests wed. night. It was great it was josh aunt and cousin. His cousin had a job interview in town. It would be great to have some family in town i think dh would really like it.

I have $175 in gc and cash to spend from Christmas just not sure what i want.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to andrea m

Happy New Year!

Ashley, I was wondering about the 4D theater and the moving seats. How would one enjoy their popcorn and soda while being jostled around? And oh good grief.....what was your mom thinking when she invited your sister to "The Greatest Showman?" LOL!!

I did end up getting a cold, or mild flu? I'm not sure. The news is still saying that we are better off having had the shot than not. I believe that. What I went through was manageable and mild, but my coworkers who didn't get shots were miserable. I still had to drag myself into work last Friday (by that time everyone else already caught it), so that was rough. I've been sick most of the weekend, but should be fine just in time to go back to work.

Andrea, that would be wonderful to be near family! I hope that works out.

Easy day here. We will probably take down the Christmas decor. My energy level isn't 100%, though. I bought some marinated ball tips that I will roast later. We could BBQ in the backyard, but it's cold (by our standards) out there. Our high is 63, but it's 47 right now. That's probably warm to the rest of you, LOL.

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to Luvmyfam

Hiya? HAPPY NEW YEAR! Hope 2018 is kind to everyone! I had to work New Year's Even but I get out at 4PM so that wasn't such a big deal. Came home...stayed up and watched the ball drop with my parents and grandmother...got menaced by my sister's dog (he was over my house because she and her husband were throwing a party for his family and they don't like my sister's dog) and called it a night at like 3AM! I didn't have to work today so I stayed in and read since it's entirely too cold to be outside in NYC!

Jen- Yeah, I'm not sure how the snacks work in a 4D theater. Unless they serve popcorn with lids on it or something LOL!

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps
In response to DNA301

Hi everyone!! I hope you all had a nice Christmas and New Years'. I was on vacation the whole time which was nice yet I'm glad to get back to work and get back to normal.

andrea m
Governor
andrea m

Becky how great to get to be on vacation for the holidays.

I am still fighting this cold and feel horrible no flu though thank goodness. I put all my decorations away except the tree. I plan to work on that today if i feel well enough.

Jen glad you did not have the flu that bad.

Ashley dd went to see the greatest showman yesterday with a friend. She loved it.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to andrea m

hello there.

well yesterday took all the Christmas stuff down i have a lot it was a pain take it down. we didn't do the outside lights because it to icy here and cold. i didn't feel well new years night and went to bed early didn't stay up. well today clean my scrapbook room little bit. my mom got me some old hangs that i am put up in my scrapbook room that way i can put my layouts that i do on the wall. we had a okay Christmas didn't do much Christmas eve we facetime my parents and saw my sister and my grandma and my brother-in -law and my brother and his girlfriend and her boy and my aunt and uncle where there. it just don't feel like Christmas when the hole family not there. we are hope next year to go to my parents for Christmas and there will be my sister baby and my brother girlfriend baby so we will see. i made dinner for Christmas.

jen glad you did not have the flu that bad.

Becky how great to get to be on vacation for the holidays.

andrea- sorry you still fight a cold hope you feel better soon.

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps

I hope you feel better soon Andrea!

I took all my decorations down the 26th. I do pretty much every year and love having the house back to normal.

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301

Hiya? Had work today and it was surprisingly not as busy as I though it would be since the clinics and offsite labs would have been closed for the weekend and then for New Year's Day. We're waiting for the state inspectors to come to the lab...we've been waiting since October for them to show up LOL! From what I heard, they're going to come next week which is fine with me. I'm in the third floor lab and, for some reason, that lab counts as a separate entity so the inspectors don't visit that lab. I'm hoping that's true since that would mean, for the second year in a row, I've missed inspection (I missed it during the last cycle because they came in October while I was in Disney LOL).

Becky- That's awesome you had vacation! I still don't have enough seniority to merit that kind of vacation. I'm, currently, the most senior of the people who have been at the lab less than two years though!

Andrea- We keep all our decorations up until Jan. 6th for the Feast of the Epiphany. Then we can take all of them down.

andrea m
Governor
andrea m
In response to DNA301

I did manage to get the decorations off the tree. Now dh can get rid of it this weekend.

DD and dh have been working on her car. She got the engine done and dh put it back in. It is running but still needs more work.

School starts again tomorrow.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to andrea m

Becky, Happy New Year and welcome back to normal!

Andrea, sorry to hear you are still sick. Yesterday (Tuesday) was probably my first "feel good" day. I was still out of it a bit, though. Today is much better. This cough, though, oy! And my energy levels suck. That's great that DH and DD can work on her car together. Not so great that it needs work, but most teen cars do, I suppose.

Danielle, how is your mom doing?

We got our outdoor decorations down on Monday. I have the box set up to collect the indoor stuff, but that's as far as I got. Everything inside is still Christmassy.

How is the weather? I'm hearing terrible reports for New York. I'm guessing Becky and Stetz's neck of the woods is no picnic, either.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to Luvmyfam

And wow..... what's with all the spam posts filling up the "recent topics" list. Yikes!

Page 20 of 21 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics