Page 21 of 21 
Username Post: JAFF Jr. (Just a Few Friends)        (Topic#1662217)
Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps
In response to Luvmyfam

The weather sucks here. But at least it's not snowing. It's been to cold to snow. I think we've only had a couple days above zero the last week or so. Yesterday felt amazing at like 8 degrees. Right now my phone is reading -13. Yuck!

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to Becky Scraps

hello and good morning

well cold day here today. i wasn't feel good this morning i felt like a headache come and my body hurts little bit. well i got most of my outside stuff just not the lights hang on the house. Saturday have to take my oldest dog to the vet she has a fat bump that is like a scape and want to see if he can do anything because she lick it and look bad.

Luvmyfam - my mom is doing okay not great yet. but it going to take awhile so we will see. thanks for asking.

andrea m
Governor
andrea m
In response to southern lady

Jen dd bought her car with it needing the engine rebuilt. She is learning to rebuild it for a school project and to have a car. She paid a whole $300.00 for the car. They have been working on it for awhile now and just got the engine done and in. We think it may need more but she did complete her project. She wont have her license till june.

We have had a really unusual winter with barely any snow. and day time temps in the high 30's.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to andrea m

Becky, that is sad that 8 degrees felt amazing!!!

Danielle, sorry about your headache.

Andrea, what an amazing project for DD. What class is this project in?

It's 59 here, and 54 was the low. That must be like a heat wave to everyone else! The crazy thing is that I totally dress in layers and bundle up. It makes me wonder what I would wear if I lived where Becky lives, LOL.

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to Luvmyfam

Hiya? We got hit super hard with a blizzard here today. I did go to work and almost wound up having to spend the night there. The entire 4-12 shift called off and they needed volunteers (which they easily got)...then they started to worry about what would happen if the whole midnight-8AM shift called off. The evening lead saw I'm off tomorrow and started to try and hard sell me on sleeping on a cot in a conference room after my shift ended, eating a hospital supplied diner, and working midnight to 8AM...then going home to sleep. I didn't like the idea so, yeah, I didn't stay LOL!

Jen- We're probably going to take our Christmas stuff down over the weekend or next week. I guess whenever my mom feels like it LOL!

Becky- Negative 13?! NO THANKS!

Andrea- That sounds like a really interesting project!

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps
In response to DNA301

Jen I really think it's just what you are used to. If you grew up here, you'd be used to it. I would love your weather right about now!!

Ashley yuck on the blizzard. I think I'd rather have the cold temps than that. Although I'm sure once the temps break we'll get a snow storm as that's usually the way it goes.

Did I tell you ladies that Rachel quit the gymnastics team right before Christmas?

andrea m
Governor
andrea m

Jen dd's project is for her senior project they start them as sophomores.

Ashley i would not have liked that idea either.

Becky I do not remember you saying Rachael had quit. Is she just not into it anymore.

Dh and i went to twin falls to get groceries last night it was midnight by the time we went to sleep but my cupboards are no longer bare.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to andrea m

Ashley, was the lab busy? I would think that it would be slow because people would stay home if possible.

Becky, is R happy after quitting? Are there other things that interest her more?

Andrea, what a very interesting senior project, and cool that they start so early. I imagine it's a great learning experience for the student, but probably torture for the kids who can't come up with a project idea.

Not much going on here this weekend. I'll take down the Christmas stuff and clean up around here. Yawwwwn.

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to Luvmyfam

Hiya? I was very glad today was my day off because I worked last weekend since it's wickedly cold here. It was so cold that we even canceled Girl Scouts tonight because we didn't want anyone getting hurt trying to get down to Scouts. It's supposed to be "slightly warmer" tomorrow but I have no idea what that means. I'm sure, however, it doesn't mean "so warm that all the snow and slush will magically melt and it will be warm again."

Becky- I think I remember you saying Rachel wasn't enjoying gymnastics anymore.

Andrea- A few people in the lab were super keen on staying because it was like a sleepover. I was NOT one of them! I want to come home and hide out from the snow in my own space.

Jen- The upstairs lab was still busy because we get all the inpatient stuff...and that stuff will go on as normal even if the weather's bad. I'm curious to find out how the 3rd floor lab fared though. Thursdays are usually chemo day (and very busy) down there but I can't imagine many patients coming in for chemo in a blizzard.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to DNA301

Hello good morning

Well today have take one of are dog to vet to have look at her fat bump on her to see what can do because look bad. It rain here they said we might get snow.

Have a nice Saturday

andrea m
Governor
andrea m

Its been raining here. Snow up higher but not in town. It feels like spring.

I am working on some projects today. I am also staring a new class on coloring elements of nature.

Danielle hope they can help with your dog.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to andrea m

thanks andrea

i wish i new how to color stamps and what kind of pen to use.

andrea m
Governor
andrea m

Danielle it takes lots and lots of practice. My first work was horrible and i still need lots of lots of practice and am learning every day.

I am current taking classes for pencils and copic markers online. I pay to take them but they help a lot. I gave info for the classes in the cardmaking group if you are interested in checking it out.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to andrea m

Ashley, a work sleepover does not sound like fun, LOL! I can see it working out if the employees don't want to schlep back out into the storm to get home, and if they are being paid well. I had an involuntary work sleepover years ago when an earthquake prevented us from getting home.

Danielle, I hope the vet can help your dog.

Andrea, you normally use pencils, right? Your class with pencils and copics sounds interesting.

I spent some time in the scrap room yesterday going back in my 2017 album and catching up on journaling. I did a lot of the album at crops, which made any journaling more than a sentence or two long challenging. I'm glad to have that done. It was mentally keeping me from moving forward. I would want to work on the album at home, but felt I had to catch up the journaling first. Dumb, but true.

andrea m
Governor
andrea m
In response to Luvmyfam

Jen i know what you mean by needing to finish something to be able to move on. I am glad you managed to get it done. Journaling is not my favorite part.

Jen originally I colored everything with distress re inkers. I had a few copics but not enought o do much. About a year ago i switched to pencils and they are my favorite. I am now getting back into learning to use copics and buying some more. As the results are very different when coloring. i really dont make to many scrapbook lo any more. I really like coloring and making cards.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to andrea m

Andrea, I took a peek at the cardmaking thread. I looked at the Kit and Clowder online, and saw that someone mentioned Sandy Allnock on YouTube. Wow!!!! Great stuff!!! I'm not in the position to take any classes at the moment (tax season), but I noticed that you can get a $10 referral for referring anyone to K&C.

andrea m
Governor
andrea m
In response to Luvmyfam

jen yes i can if they buy classes. Its a nice thing she does. I only usually tell people if they ask about learning to color.

If you ever are interested the prices are in Australian dollars so it is cheaper in us dollars. also when you buy a class it is yours forever. i totally get not having time. in the summer i barely have time to keep the house clean.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to andrea m

Andrea, long after I typed that, I remember you once telling me about K&C. My brain is like Swiss cheese, LOL. That's good to know about the AU prices.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to Luvmyfam

For my niece, who eloped last weekend.

Happily Ever After By Luvmyfam

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to Luvmyfam

Hiya? Today made me scream just a little LOL! My sister's going on vacation next week and she decided she needed a new phone. My mom and I went along because my phone was in bad shape (it was barely making it through my shift at work and it was just sitting in my pocket for most of it since we can't use phones in the lab). Well, long story short, the Verizion store was giving us a bad deal so my sister contacted her friend who works at Apple to order phones and have them sent to a local Apple Store...which took about six hours...and then my sister's Apple Watch refused to synch with her new phone so that took another forever to deal with.

Andrea- I love to color but I don't think I'd be able to color like you!

Jen- The few techs I knew who were sleeping over were working doubles and didn't want to leave and come back the next day. As I wasn't working double, I just wanted to come home.

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps
In response to DNA301

Rachel is super happy to be done with gymnastics. She didn't really love it anyhow but her issue was mostly with her coaches. I think it's just a little too hardcore for her. Both girls started a Sunday volleyball league yesterday so we'll see how that goes.

Ashley I don't think i'd be into sleeping over either.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam

Ashley, I would cry if I had to spend that many hours dealing with phones.

Becky, I hope the girls like volleyball. Coaches can make or break a kid's experience.

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to Luvmyfam

Hiya? I'm doing a 10-6 week on the third floor this week. It's not my favorite but it's gets it out of the way for a little while. Plus, it gets me out of the Central Lab this week...as the state inspectors are up in the main lab. It's probably going to be less stressful being away from that craziness. The only drama we had today was that the 9-5 person somehow managed to break the front visor off our slidemaker/stainer. He didn't want to call service (I kept tell him to) but he wound up doing so at 3PM. They're supposed to come in tomorrow LOL!

Becky- Hope the girls have fun with volleyball! I was never fond of volleyball since I was too short to get the ball over the net LOL!

Jen- At one point, I told my mom if they didn't hurry up with the phone, I was just going to stand in the middle of the store and cry. I didn't plan on spending my Sunday dealing with Apple and their stupidity.

andrea m
Governor
andrea m
In response to DNA301

good morning. It is snowing here.
I have a meeting today with dd's school counselor. dd is having some problems with one class this year. she likes the class but the stress of timed writing assignments is really sending her into panic attacks.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to andrea m

hello and good morning

Jen- that is a nice card you did.

well i am was sick feel little better today. it is rain here no snow here. i am think of make a little baby book for my sister. i am work on some pocket letter.

hope everyone has a nice tuesdaty

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301

Hiya? Enjoying my last few minutes of freedom before my sister comes back with her dog. Her and her husband are going to Utah and Wyoming for the week so we're stuck with their evil dog. I'm not sure why they're going someplace colder for a vacation but I've stopped asking. Maybe they just like cold weather or something since they only go to cold places for vacation.

Andrea- I knew a lot of people who got wigged out by timed writing assignments. I remember them being super stressful!

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to DNA301

Andrea, how did your meeting with DD's counselor go?

Danielle, thanks! I hope you continue to feel better.

Ashley, volleyball was not my favorite, either. In my Catholic schools we only played volleyball or kickball. I was so small that it was more like a game of dodgeball for me, LOL! I moved to a public high school in my freshman year and I loved the variety of sports, and then one year it rained and rained and rained. My first and last unit was volleyball, but when the rain started, everyone had to come into the gym to play volleyball. I had an entire year of it and I actually got really good at it.

Edited by Luvmyfam on 01-10-18 07:28 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to Luvmyfam

Hiya? Slogging through my 10-6 week at the lab. We're under yearly inspection and everyone swore up and down that the inspectors never come down to the third floor. Today, though, we got a phone call that the inspectors MIGHT come down to the third floor. I have never seen people move so fast to hide cell phones and coffee cups. The inspectors never came down, though, so my two partners today were bored without their phones and grouchy without their coffee LOL!

Jen- I was never fond of gym PERIOD. We use to have to do the worst things...like archery and square dancing! I liked playing kickball and running instead.

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps
In response to DNA301

Ashley is it against policy to have phones and coffee in there? The phones doesn't really shock me but what the deal with the coffee?

andrea m
Governor
andrea m

Jen the meeting went well. We are going to try and get her a 504 plan which will require the teachers to give her extra time on writing assignments and test. It might take a little while but we are hoping it helps her.

Now kids can take gym online which i think is just stupid. Ds is going to take it online because he needs the credit to graduate.

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps
In response to andrea m

What? Gym online? How does that work?

andrea m
Governor
andrea m

Yes Becky online. Its stupid. They have book work like health and then are supposed to do so many hours of exercise. So kids just lie about it. I think its wrong but they allow it.

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to andrea m

Hiya? One more day and I'm done my 10-6 week. I will be very glad for that because I don't enjoy this shift at all! Today I had to practically run from work to the tram so I could get to dancing close to on-time and I have to do the same tomorrow to get to Girl Scouts. At least I'm off the weekend and Monday to make up for this week LOL!

Becky- Technically we're not supposed to have cell phones in the lab in case we decide to photograph patient information and disseminate it (why we would do that is beyond me) but ever lead carries a personal phone so they can't say much if we walk around with our phones in our pockets. Food is against all the rules in all the labs but, because there's no leads or supervisors on the third floor, people will eat and drink there.

Andrea- Online gym?! That's crazy but, then, I knew people who failed gym and had to go to summer school for it.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to DNA301

hello and good morning

well they call my husband at 3 pm to go pick my dog up. she has a big stiches where the big fat bump was and there was little bump that they took. so now she has to wear a cone that way she doesn't lick the stiches and they said to come 10-14 days then come back to have them to take the stiches out. it looks bad seen it. my dad lost his dog when i talk to my mom.

hope everyone has a nice Friday.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam

Ashley, I love PE in my public high school. We had gymnastics, archery, Frisbee golf (seriously, lol), football, basketball, softball, tennis, badminton and lots of other stuff including square dancing. I hated the Presidential fitness units, but the rest was good.

Andrea, I hope the 504 plan works! That will be great if it does.

Online PE sounds stupid and nuts!! Admittedly Stephen's high school had a weird PE program, but it worked. His high school was for kids with neuro-cognitive disorders, so they had social skills classes and group counseling. Those were done as regular classes, so they bumped PE to something called, "homebridging." That meant that they had to do a certain number of PE hours at home and parents had to sign off on the hours. It was a lot of hours, and Stephen and I must have logged in several miles of walking a week. It worked, though, because most kids with aspergers do not lie. They can't, LOL!

Danielle, I'm sorry to hear about your dad's dog. Did your vet say what the bumps were that she removed? Ug on the dog having to wear the cone. We once had a pet rat that had to wear a cone. It was hysterical. So cute.

Today I spent hours on materials and a webinar for the new tax act. I thought my head would blow up.

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to Luvmyfam

Hiya? I'm done my 10-6 week...until I have my next 10-6 week LOL! Today I had to run from the lab to Girl Scouts...though none of the parents could tell which was a good thing I guess. The only thing any of them asked me about was why I didn't have my usual sneakers on. I had short boots on because we aren't allowed to wear sneakers to work during the week....we can on weekends which makes no kind of sense but I've learned not to question the rules that make no kinds of sense at the lab. I don't want to be the one to ruin casual weekends for everyone.

Jen- At work, we have to do yearly online retraining on hospital safety. It's like 20 units and literally the most boring thing ever. We usually wind up doing it on the weekends in the lab since we're all stuck there together anyway.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to DNA301

Ashley, good move on not questioning the rules. I will say that with all of the tax changes, this material was not dry and not boring. It was anxiety inducing and overwhelming. I'm not sure which is better, LOL.

Today we have a BBQ for my niece's recent elopement. It will be good to see family. It should be about 58, so in Cali it probably means that my nephew will be manning the grill while everyone else hunkers down inside, LOL!

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to Luvmyfam

Hiya? Didn't have to work today since it wasn't my holiday to work (my first holiday to work is President's Day)...so my mom and I spent the day finishing taking down Christmas decorations and putting the house back in order. My mom wanted to get it done today because she's going over to my sister's apartment to clean tomorrow...so they can come home to a clean house. My mom and I also went to go see "The Shape of Water" today. It was really good...a love story between a mute girl and a swamp monster which was not as weird as it actually sounds.

Jen- Hope the BBQ went well!

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to DNA301

Ashley, that does sound weird, LOL.

The BBQ was great. It was soooo cold, though. We ate outside and we could see our breath. It was very foggy....enough to make my hair half-curl into waves, LOL. The bride and groom were very happy and seemed relieved of the stress and cost of a big wedding. Kira got to meet her 3.5 month old cousin (also a girl). They smiled at each other. So cute.

andrea m
Governor
andrea m
In response to Luvmyfam

Jen brrr on the bbq but glad it was nice.

My dh cousin will be moving into town this weekend. Dh and ds will be helping to move furniture.

I have the winter blahs right now and am not in the greatest mood. especially with my back hurting so bad.

andrea m
Governor
andrea m
In response to andrea m

I am really annoyed with dh's job. we usually get paid on Thursdays been that way for 10 years. Now they bought a new company and have decided we will no longer get paid Thursdays but Fridays. I know its one day but it annoys me. They keep buying companies and changing things not for the good. They took away Christmas bonuses this year too. Last payday they shorted his check $300 bucks and they wont fix it till the next pay period. I am thankful dh has a job but its frustrating.

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to andrea m

Hiya? Today was a bit frustrating. We had quite a few call outs today at the lab so we were short staffed. In order to fill stations, one of the two people who were supposed to work CBC Machines (I was on CBC Computer) was pulled to Coags. The tech I was left it was sort of the lesser of the two evils but I wanted to chuck him out the window by the end of the day. He spent most of the day doing the absolute minimum of work and the rest watching "Game of Thrones" on his phone!

Jen- Ick on the chilly BBQ! Whenever we have those here, it inevitably rains LOL!

Andrea- I'm sorry to hear your back is hurting and the people running your husband's job are being stupid with money!

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to DNA301

well yesterday i went with my husband to boise seen he had to go out there for some work thing. so we had to leave early in the morning because he had to get there around 9 am. so we got to the hotle where they where have this work thing for him they were talking about all the new truck parts and other stuff. so drop him and i went to the craft warehouse and bought some baby paper and other stuff then after that went to kohl's and bought my sister a cute baby outfit and my brother girlfriend seen they where on sale. when i got out of kohl's it was rain. so after that went to Michael's and got some baby embellishment's there. after that went to Tuesday morning and i had to get a new broom and then went to my husband the hotel that he was at and then went out to lunch and head back home. well today go work out and take dogs for a walk. i need to find some more baby emblements.

hope everyone has a nice Wednesday

andrea m
Governor
andrea m

Ashley i hate working with people who wont do their job.

Danielle sounds like a good day.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to andrea m

Pocket letter for a swap By Southern Lady

here a pocket letter i did

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam

Andrea, I'm sorry about your back hurting so much. Any idea what caused it? Woot about your cousin moving into town. I bet that will be very nice. Ug on DH's pay situation. We went through that with Terry's employers. They kept pushing back his payday and that wreaked havoc with our cash flow. Bonuses, which were actually part of the annual pay structure, were stopped, and other benefits went away. Same here...just happy to have a job.

Ashley, sorry that you had to work with a slacker. They are the worst!

Danielle, that sounds like a fun day. What is a pocket letter?

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to Luvmyfam

hello and good morning

andrea - sorry to hear about your husband pay period change.

so today look like a cold day here . well they said we should get some snow here tomorrow we will see what happens. nothing much today just walk the dogs and then go to the gym. next week i have to call the vet to make apt to get her stiches out of her. well i am work on some baby layouts. i am going to make one of baby first bath and layout of the grandparents like my mom and dad and his parents and then i make one for us aunt and uncle and do one for my brother that way my sister could have a pic of us with the baby. so we are think now we will go see the baby in may seen my husband has a work thing he has to go in April. we will go to Vegas and my husband going to help his mom redo the master bathroom. my parent will pick me up and we can go see my sister and the baby. so i did 2 layouts already one layout where my sister can put the waite of the baby and the day and time when she has the baby. the second one is first picture

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301

Hiya? Today we were crazy short at the lab (a lot of call outs) and I wound up helping at three different stations while working on body fluids. Thankfully, my station didn't get very busy until the end of the shift and it wasn't crazy busy...it was only three spinal fluids at 3PM. They all arrived at once so I had to work on all of them at once. They were all clear and not gross and bloody so that made things easier LOL!

Jen- This guy spends A LOT of his time exiled to the third floor because no one likes working with him since he's such a slacker.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to DNA301

good morning

well yesterday i had to go to my husband work and pick him up seen he had to go get his MRI to see how the ms is doing. so we had to go into twin fall hospital . so drop him off and had to go to the bank to deposit some checks then i went to the mall are Macy is going out of business . so i went and look at the baby stuff and bought my brother girlfriend a outfit for the baby it has a helicopter on it and seen my brothers try to be one i though it was cute and on sale the went to Victoria secret to get some stuff then head back to the hospital but my husband wasn't done so i just sat in the car park lot. then my husband call me to tell me that he was done. next week i need to call the vet to make apt to get my dog stiches out.

well hope everyone has a nice Friday

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam

Danielle, that's a long day at the hospital. I hope his results were good. That album sounds like it will be cute.

Ashley, I really can't stand working with slackers. My current employer has very few slackers. Most of us are too busy to have time for slacking.

andrea m
Governor
andrea m
In response to Luvmyfam

unfortunately for me all i work with is slackers. They serve people but wont lift a finger to do anything else.

dh and i went and bought a new mattress. I am hoping it will help my back. Right now i feel like i am sleeping at a hotel or something as i am not used to it and feels like its not mine lol.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to andrea m

Andrea, that would be very frustrating being surrounded only by slackers. I hope the new mattress does the trick. LOL on feeling like you're sleeping at a hotel. I had horrific back/hip pain and we finally replaced our mattress. It worked, and I instantly regretted putting off the mattress replacement for so long.

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to Luvmyfam

Hiya? Worked the weekend so I didn't do much LOL! I thought we'd be in the clear at the lab because the state inspection was over but NOPE! Now we're in the window for national inspectors to come and I don't have a vacation in sight for me to escape being there during the inspection. I mean, I do have two separate weeks on the third floor and one at our 61st street offsite lab. Maybe they can come during those weeks so I won't be in the main lab for the insanity that comes with inspections.

Andrea- We all got new mattresses a few years back after my mom accidently brought home bedbugs from her job. I did not like me bed at all right after I got mine. It felt all wrong!

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to DNA301

good morning

well it is snow here right now. brrr i need to call the vet to make apt for my dog to get her stiches out.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam

Danielle, my cat was super feisty when we brought her in to be spayed. Instead of stitching her, the vet ended up gluing her, LOL! She said there was no way they could safely remove her stitches. She had a red flag on her record for a couple of years, and last year the red flag was downgraded to, "Opinionated," LOL!

Ashley, I remember Federal inspections when I worked in banking. Some of them were downright difficult. We get lots of audits at my current company. Most are just annoying and very time consuming.

My hard drive at work died without any warning. IT had to set me up quickly with a new computer. What a pain! I'm still missing a lot of the software that I need, and the settings are all weird. I don't have time to fuss with it, either. Grrrr.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to Luvmyfam

hello and good morning

well i made the apt at the vet to get them stiches out i don't want to be there when they take them out i know she not going to like it. hope it will get better and no more bump on here. she is getting old here. well my mom still not doing great and she board seen she still can't see great and my dad has to driver here,

Jen- sorry to hear about computer problems at your work.

we haven't seen Stephanie on here for awhile i hope she is fine

andrea m
Governor
andrea m

seems like our little group is dying even stetz seems to have left.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to andrea m

I miss Stetz. I hope she makes her way back.

Danielle, I'm sorry to hear about your mom. Our vet will take the animal in the back room to remove stitches so that the animal isn't mad at the owner.

Andrea, this is going to sound crazy, but how do you pronounce your name? All of my IRL Andrea friends pronounce it, "An-dreee-ah." Twice in this last week I heard it pronounced, "An-dray-ah."

It has taken about 7 hours just to get one type of software back on my new computer. I still have a lot of other software to download again, so hopefully that all goes faster. The dead hard drive was completely dead....they couldn't get anything off of it. I have still managed to meet my deadlines, and even did a new "need it done today" project. My mind is fried! I'm taking Thursday off for DH's bday, so I'm looking forward to some down time.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to Luvmyfam

hello and good morning

well she doing great my dog, she shake when she gose to the vet i feel sorry when she dose but she not like her sister that hate the vet and usually when the other has to go to the vet i have my husband come with me that way he can holder down and her mouth, well i am work on a baby album for my sister,

jen- i am sorry to hear that it taken 7 hours to get back on your computer. i am sorry to hear that your mind is fried! hope you have a nice downtime,

have a great Thursday

andrea m
Governor
andrea m

Jen lol on my name I pronounce it "An-dreee-ah." but most people i know pronounce it the other way. I hate when i am called "An-dray-ah." it drives me nuts. I usually just smile and say nothing though. The one time i got mad and demanded the lady say it correctly was my high school graduation. the lady kept saying it wrong in practice. I finally marched down there and told her that was not my name and to please announce it right. The worst part was i knew the lady and had babysat her grandson that she had custody of for a whole year. She was a snob though.
I often get called amber and amanda.

So sorry about your computer problems that is such a nightmare. Good for you taking the day off.

Dh left today for his annual snow mobile trip with his buddies from WA. It is snowing here and i dont want to deal with it.

Danielle glad your dog is doing well.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to andrea m

Andrea, LOL. I've been saying your name correctly in my head. I can picture a snobby person insisting on "An-dray-ah." I get mixed up with Jessica's a lot. I work with a Jessica, and we do some projects together. We are forever getting each other's emails or being called the wrong name. We just go with it. She used to work in a different position and jerks would call her up and yell at her. I got a LOT of those calls, too. The jerks would never accept that they were talking to the wrong person. They would insist that "Jennifer" left the message. Idiots. I get some "Jenny's," too. I grew up being called Jenny, but I always think it's odd when an adult I've just met takes it upon themselves to call me Jenny. Ha ha....when I graduated, they would only call out the legal name, so they called me "Jennifer," and my friends didn't make a peep until they saw me walk on stage. They didn't recognize my name, LOL!

Danielle, I'm glad your dog is doing well. It's always so sad when animals need care and are frightened.

So far my day off has been nice. I still had to take DS to the train station, which is near my office, but at least I got to come home. I picked up a Bday cake for DH on my way back. We will have lunch together today and eventually I will have to go through heavy traffic to pick DS up. We will take DH to dinner after that. I will get to scrap while DH is working here at home. Yay! Right now I'm just enjoying some quiet moments with my coffee. Sweet!

andrea m
Governor
andrea m
In response to Luvmyfam

Jen sounds like a pretty nice day you have planned.

Lol for being called jenny by adults you just met. I can see old friends doing it but not new people unless you said hi i am jenny. then it would be obvious that, that is the name you prefer.

Growing up my mom called me Andi. so half the time i would forget to answer to my actual name lol. My Grandpa called me Annie. I guess that got me used to answering to a variety of names.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to andrea m

hello and good morning

well it was snow here for little bit then the cloudys are going away and the sun is out. tomorrow we are going up to the mountains up here and do some snow shoeing .

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam

Danielle, have fun snow shoeing. I've always wanted to try that.

Andrea, LOL on getting used to being called different names.

My day off was very nice. I could use more of those. Tonight is my company's holiday party. It will be at a fancy auto museum and it should be fun. I'm not really a party girl, though, so the thought of getting ready is not fun. Shawna will be there, so that will be nice to see her in person.

andrea m
Governor
andrea m
In response to Luvmyfam

jen enjoy your party. I am not a party girl either.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to andrea m

Andrea, it's one of those things that I will have to dread and drag myself to, but will probably be happy and have fun while I'm there. I'm less than an hour away from getting ready and still haven't decided what I will wear. The dress code is "Dressy Casual or Cocktail Attire." Wha???

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to Luvmyfam

jen enjoy your party. i am not a party person

well yesterday we went and exchange the dog shoes i bought for my dog and then my husband tell me a ex large would fit here so i get them and when we get in the car is put them on here it was hard to get them on here. so we head to the bank to get some money and then head up to the mountains. it was cloudy when we where head up there. stop at the little rest stop to let the dogs out and my dog that had the shoes on they cam off. we had some booties for her but we lost one last year. when she gose in the snow something she lose her toe nails so that why we get her some shoes or something. so we got up to the mountains stop to get something little for lunch then head to the place where we can snow shoe. they have a trail for snow shoe and for cross country skiing . so we go to the path and book are snowshoe on and start walk the path and let the dogs run free seen they can. it was a long path. my poor dog got snow in between her paws and have a hard time get them out. it was snow when we where up there. then i feel going down a hill and couldn't get up so i had to take them off and put them back on. then we head back to the car and then unpack everything and head back home we didn't get home until 6 pm. i wish i could find some nice shoes for my dog. today nothing much just relaxing. on i got a innovation for a baby shower for my sister which is on Feb 24 i am not going seen i am to far away just to fly out there for that if i live close i would go to it. i might work on some baby layout for my sister . i was think make a layout that my sister could put some pic of the baby shower. i made layout where she can put all the baby shower cards in.

well hope everyone has a nice sunday

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301

Hiya? Had a crazy few days...Friday we had our big fancy dress ball at Girl Scouts. This year we had a 1920's/Flapper theme and it was a big success. The kids looked adorable in their Flapper costumes and some of the parents even came in costume (which was unusual) and a good time was had by all. (Yes, I had a Flapper outfit too LOL). Yesterday and today, my sister and her stupid dog were here because her husband is having "emotional issues" and he needed to get away for a few days to take pictures.

Andrea- I've met people who say "Andrea" both ways. One of the girls I use to dance with would get very angry if you said her name "An-dree-ah" instead of "An-dray-ah."

Jen- We don't have staff parties at the lab anymore. From what I heard, the evening shift showed up to the last party on their breaks, had a bit too much to drink and went back to work...so no more parties since then.

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps
In response to DNA301

Hi everyone!

JCI quick.

Nothing too exciting going on around here. Lots of basketball. Rachel was sick over the weekend and is out of school today.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady

well yesterday talk to my mom little bit. she not great but the doctor make her do some exercise with her eyes and to see that will help her out. when i go see her we going to cail for few days and then my husband would go back to Vegas to help his mom with the bathroom. my mom said i might have to drive her to place if she want to get clothes while i am there. well look like a nice day out here. i am not feel great today. i clean the bathrooms now i need to do some laundry , i did some baby layouts that are done i have to take pic of them and upload them on here,

hope everyone has a nice Monday

andrea m
Governor
andrea m

Jen my biggest problem with events like that is the clothes. I hate wasting money for fancy clothes i never wear any other time. I hope you had fun.

Becky sorry Rachel is sick. its been bad here.

Dh got home yesterday late afternoon. He brought an early dinner home. I enjoyed not cooking. He was exhausted so we went to bed early. We are exciting around here lol.

Kids have a dentist app this morning then it is lots of house work for me.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to andrea m

Baby boy By Southern Lady

here a layout i did for my sister for her baby. i am make a baby album for her

southern lady
Governor
southern lady

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301

Hiya? Not such a good day at work today. My partner was about as helpful as a headache. Every time I left her at the station, to go to lunch or break, I came back to a disaster. Thankfully, I don't have to work with her again for the rest of the week...as far as I know anyway. The schedule seems to change as soon as we walk in, depending on who calls out LOL!

Becky- My mom is sick too. She has the flu and a very grouchy attitude.

Andrea- Hope the dentist appointments went well!

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to DNA301

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps

It seems like there are tons of people sick all over right now. Rachel seems to be the only one who got it in our house. I hope it stays that way.

Andrea I hate when I have to buy special stuff I"ll only wear once too.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam

Sorry to hear about sick people and kids. Not fun!

Becky, I hope it stops at Rachel!

Danielle, the snow trip sounds like fun, but also like a lot of work. Your baby book looks darling.

Andrea, your house sounds about as exciting as mine, LOL!

Ashley, boooo on a partner who can't keep it together. Are you rid of your sister and her nasty dog yet? I wish I had a place to go when DH gets in a nasty mood. He will tell you the same thing, LOL!

When Shawna was young, her youth group had a dress requirement, so I started my dress collection long ago (I was one of the adult leaders). Since then I've added dresses as needed. I have zero problem wearing the same dress multiple times, my size hasn't changed much over the years, and I try and buy classic styles, so I have a nice "nice dress" stash. I ignore the "donate it if you haven't worn it in a year" rule when it comes to nice clothes.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to Luvmyfam

I totally forgot....the holiday party was nice. I like how my company does it after the holidays. Who has time for stuff like that in December?

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to Luvmyfam

Hiya? Today was quite the random day in the lab. I was supposed to be on urines (which would have meant a super easy day) but we had callouts so I was moved to manual differentials...where we found that the overnight shift left us work from 4AM! Thankfully, there were three of us there today so we were able to get everything done during our shift. Then, I came back from lunch and the lead tech asked me to go run ONE specimen at our 61st street offsite lab and come back to the hospital (it's about 7 blocks between the main hospital and the 61st street lab)! I'm at the 61st street lab tomorrow so I'm not sure why it couldn't wait until then or, until like 3:45, so I could run the specimen and clock out there since it's a two blocks over from the tram I take to get home.

Becky- This year's flu strain is a H3N2 strain...which is infamous for mutating and getting a whole heck of a lot of people sick.

Jen- My sister and her dog left but they were over here on Sunday. The dog is supposed to be here tomorrow.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to DNA301

Ashley, is the 61st street lab special? Why run something there instead of at the hospital lab?

Not much going on here this week. Today I get my car smog-checked, and then we'll pick up food for the game tomorrow. We've been watching Stranger Things on Netflix, so we will probably watch another episode today.

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to Luvmyfam

Hiya? Not a super exciting weekend here...Saturday we had parent's day at the dance studio and we handed out all the kids costumes. It was sort of very crazy because we had to get the kids into the costumes and then out of them....repack the costumes and give them to the parents. Today, it was gross and rainy out so I spent the day fixing bookcases LOL!

Jen- It was some kind of state competency sample that had to be run specifically on the analyzer at that lab. I'm currently binging "Altered Carbon" on Netflix.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to DNA301

Ashley, I haven't even heard of Altered Carbon. What is it about? DH and I don't have a Netflix account, so I'm out of the Netflix loop. Stephen has an account, so he logs in so that we can all watch ST.

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to Luvmyfam

Hiya? Not enjoying my 10-6 week...my 9-5 partner is very lazy and doesn't like to work or help me clean up. I'm glad I'm off tomorrow so I don't have to deal with this girl and her being lazy. I'm supposed to go to M's tomorrow to get stuff for Girl Scouts on Friday. I'm putting my craft together tomorrow since I can't on Friday.

Jen- "Altered Carbon" is this syberpunk show about people in the future being able to jump bodies and a murder mystery. It's based on a book but I haven't gotten my hands on the book yet.

andrea m
Governor
andrea m
In response to DNA301

Ashley i saw the preview for that. I think i might watch it with dh.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to andrea m

Ashley, your partner sounds like my DH sometimes, LOL. I couldn't change him, so I change my attitude and pretended that I like lots of housework. Incredibly, it worked! But, I love my DH, and he does help, so it's all good. I think a lazy coworker, on the other hand, would drive me nuts.

Thanks for the review and suggestion of Altered Carbon. I will see if the others are interested. We really like watching series shows together (the last was Game of Thrones). We only have 3 episodes left for the 2nd season of Stranger Things.

I'm off to scrap with friends today. The car and snacks are packed! I'm wrapping up my breakfast and coffee and am about to hit the shower. Can't wait!!!

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to Luvmyfam

Happy Birthday, Danielle! I hope it's a good one.

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to Luvmyfam

Jen- My mom and dad have discovered they can binge watch Netflix on the TV in their room. They're currently working their way through "The Crown" (which my mom is enjoying but my dad is hating LOL) while I'm finishing "Altered Carbon." I mostly Netflix binge watch on my own because my mom thinks the stuff I watch is too violent so she won't watch it with me and my sister says I binge watch too slowly for her taste.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to DNA301

Ashley, we will watch our last ST Season 2 episode tomorrow night. Stephen isn't into binge watching. The most he'll ever do is 2 episodes, and that is rare. I can't wait to see it!

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to Luvmyfam

hello good morning

didn't do much for my birthday. i am feel better.

hope everyone has a nice Tuesday

southern lady
Governor
southern lady

i was wonder how everyone is

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles

It's sad that our little group has died! I miss all of you!!

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to StarsNSparkles

yea it has died .

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles

I miss you guys!

Page 21 of 21 
Permissions Topic Options