Page 3 of 21 
Username Post: JAFF Jr. (Just a Few Friends)        (Topic#1662217)
southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to DNA301

hello and good morning

well today have to clean house really good before my parents come out here Saturday late night seen it is a long drive for them. I am clean all the sheets in the spare bedroom. now today going to take dogs for a walk and work out at the gym. I need to look at flights when I go back home and figure how long I am going to stay with my parents.

hope everyone has a nice Tuesday

Andrea, sorry for the feeling of not having had time off

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps
In response to southern lady

I wish we had these boxed meal around here. I've never heard of them so I'm assuming we don't. I like the idea though as I hate planning meals.

Andrea that stinks with the issues at work. Hopefully it will improve as more of them get trained.

Ashley my dh got to work the holiday as well. I think they get a day off also. I'm not sure how soon they have to use it though. I think just by the end of the year.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to Becky Scraps

here are some layouts
scrappy groom By Southern Lady
cocoa groom By Southern Lady

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam

We've fallen into a meal planning rut. I hate looking up recipes, too. I do need to be flexible, though. Last Wednesday Stephen surprised us by coming home for 10 days. That's like 3 extra mouths to feed, lol!

andrea m
Governor
andrea m
In response to Luvmyfam

lol on him being three extra mouths to feed.

I hate cooking dinner. some one is always complaining.

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps
In response to andrea m

Andrea that sounds like our house. It seems not matter what we have someone doesn't like it. Even if they did like it last week. Kids!

andrea m
Governor
andrea m

omg becky. my dd suddenly hates everything that used to be her favorite. I just cant seem to win. If i ask what they want, its to go out to eat. Yeah that's not happening.

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to andrea m

Hiya? My sister left for a fourteen day vacation (one of her husband's cousins is getting married so that was their excuse) to Ireland and Scotland...so guess where their dog is! The last two days, the house has been an utter disaster because my sister brought all her stuff here. My mom actually pressed something like 56 shirts for my sister (of which she took only 26). I told my mom she was nuts but that just made her annoyed with me.

Becky- We have to use our day off either the month before or within three months after. I found out I have Fourth of July weekend and Fourth of July off. I might use it then and give myself a very long weekend. Not that we're doing anything but it would be nice LOL!

Jen- LOL on Stephen being three extra mouths to feed! My dad cooked today...but my grandmother had an issue which annoyed him.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to DNA301

It's crazy how much Stephen eats! He's kind of like a stray cat....he never knows when his next meal will be. He spends a lot of time on campus between school and work and I think that sometimes doesn't get a meal break, or if he does, he has to eat quickly.

It's funny (not ha ha funny) how kids hate everything, except going out. Stephen hated going out when he was younger, but he's the only kid I've known to be that way. Shawna went through an "I won't eat anything green" phase that lasted for 2-3 years. She doesn't even remember that phase anymore.

Ashley, I agree with you.....your mom is nuts! Oooh....use your day the July 4th weekend! I'm so happy that I took last Thurs/Fri off and ended up with a 5-day weekend. I did that last year, too. I did nothing special either time, but it was just wonderful having days off to be at home.

The measuring lady came today. We should hear back from our salesperson tomorrow or Saturday and get final numbers and hopefully a start date. They said it should take 2 days (one demo, one install). It will be a pain and I'm nervous that all will come out ok.

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to Luvmyfam

Hiya? Had today off from the lab so I hung around the house until I had to go to dance class. It would have been a pleasant day hanging out and just chilling out but I had my sister's dog driving me up and down walls. He's decided that he'll be staying in my room for the duration of his stay and there's no convincing him otherwise. (Yes, I know he's a dog but he's a nasty piece of work and he bites me when I move his stuff out of my room.)

Jen- My mom was lobbying for me to use my day off for this big first anniversary BBQ/Photo Shoot (I so wish I was kidding) we're throwing for my sister and her husband but that seems a waste of a perfectly good day off. I still have some weird food habits but, as I often remind my family, at least I'm not a gluten free vegan like my sister.

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81
In response to DNA301

I'll be cleaning house this weekend, too, Danielle. My parents will arrive with my nephew on Monday!

Andrea, I understand about complainers. Both of my guys are super picky eaters so I usually just cook for myself. I take leftovers for lunch at work and often share with my teaching partner. DH and DS eat the dumbest sh!t. Lunchables, same ol' chicken and rice (maggots to me) combo... Whatever.

Becky, my boxes come from Michigan. They are insulated with freezer packs. The ice packs are always still frozen solid when the box arrives. The packing materials are all recyclable. PM your email address and I can hook you up with a discount. Also, there's no real commitment. You can skip as many weeks as you want. I'll be skipping a lot in the summer due to traveling.

Jen, I love home remodels! I need new flooring almost everywhere.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to runzalot81

hello and good morning

well have to go to the store today to get little bit of food then sunday me and my mom will go back and get stuff. they will arrive at 9 pm seen it a long long drive from cail . I can't waite to see them. I haven't seen them seen nov.

hope everyone has a nice Saturday

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam

Ashley, I say it's your day, so use your day off as you wish. It's hard gathering whole family members together for a photo shoot. If you are around for that, I would just show up for the photo, maybe eat some BBQ, and then go off and do my own thing.

Danielle, were you able to find the flights you wanted?

Alissa, LOL on the "maggots combo." Can the meal boxes sit on your doorstep all day without being affected by the heat? Our floors ALL need replacing or repairing. We are going with the downstairs only. The upstairs doesn't get as much traffic. Our carpeting is 21 years old! It's great quality, and except for a couple small areas needing repair or deep cleaning, I think we can live with the upstairs staying as-is for a while longer. One PITA expense at a time.

Flooring question..... Both Terry and I are getting squeamish about ripping up our tile. The tile is in the entry way, half bath, and kitchen. We chose this tile when the home was built, and to us it was a huge upgrade at the time(other choice was lino). It's traditional white 6"x6" squares with dark brown grout (wide grout lines). It screams 90's. Esthetically (sp) I am ready for the change, and my feet back are definitely ready. It just seems "sinful" to destroy tile. I would be OK just covering it, but I don't think covering it with the new material is an option because of it's height next to the carpet we are replacing. Any thoughts? We just fear making an irreversible decision. Of course, it would be a different story if the tile wasn't a 90's contractor's standard.

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81
In response to Luvmyfam

I hate tile. Take it out.

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81
In response to Luvmyfam

• Luvmyfam Said:
Ashley, I say it's your day, so use your day off as you wish. It's hard gathering whole family members together for a photo shoot. If you are around for that, I would just show up for the photo, maybe eat some BBQ, and then go off and do my own thing.

Alissa, LOL on the "maggots combo." Can the meal boxes sit on your doorstep all day without being affected by the heat? Our floors ALL need replacing or repairing. We are going with the downstairs only. The upstairs doesn't get as much traffic. Our carpeting is 21 years old! It's great quality, and except for a couple small areas needing repair or deep cleaning, I think we can live with the upstairs staying as-is for a while longer. One PITA expense at a time.

Flooring question..... Both Terry and I are getting squeamish about ripping up our tile. The tile is in the entry way, half bath, and kitchen. We chose this tile when the home was built, and to us it was a huge upgrade at the time(other choice was lino). It's traditional white 6"x6" squares with dark brown grout (wide grout lines). It screams 90's. Esthetically (sp) I am ready for the change, and my feet back are definitely ready. It just seems "sinful" to destroy tile. I would be OK just covering it, but I don't think covering it with the new material is an option because of it's height next to the carpet we are replacing. Any thoughts? We just fear making an irreversible decision. Of course, it would be a different story if the tile wasn't a 90's contractor's standard.

Yes!

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam

Alissa, good to know. I don't see myself subscribing, but I have always wondered how it is delivered for folks who aren't home during the day. DH is home, but he can't stop everything to put food away.

I'm feeling better about the tile. I still like the tile. It's a decent look in our home, but I"m sure other people take one look and think "outdated." I am definitely ready for a change.

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81
In response to Luvmyfam

The box always has to wait for me to get home. Putting away takes mini minutes. Everything is packed together and you throw it all in the fridge.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to Luvmyfam

• Luvmyfam Said:

no I haven't found a flight because I don't know how long I stay with my parents. but when my mom gets here we will think how long I stay and look for flight. I want a no stop one.

andrea m
Governor
andrea m

good morning.

dd had a tournament friday. sh and i did not get to go she went with friends. Sat we went and they were done in 45 min. The coach decided they should go in a league they are not at all ready for. I think he has high hopes and its just going to be a long season. The one we were in last year our girls did very well.
Since we got home so early we had some of dd's team mates over to bat in the cage and have a bbq. DD wanted to break in her new mitt she got for her b day. She was in one of her moods and was being a bratt. If she does not get a certain number of hours sleep she is a royal B. That girl has been driving me crazy with her mood swings lately .

I ended up going into work to give the employees change. OMG I WAS SO MAD. The store was a mess i was embarrassed that customers were in there. I spent over an hour cleaning and then when the store was empty I let them no it was not ok. And walked them thru the process like teaching a toddler to clean there room. I know these are teenagers but give me a break, use your common sense.

Today i plan to re organize some shelves in my craft room and work on some cards. I have a bunch i need to make.

Alissa we have bountiful baskets here. every week you can buy a basket full of different produce. I have not tried it yet but i am thinking about giving it a try. I have been trying to eat a lot more fruits and vegetables.

Danielle enjoy your visit .

Jen I love tile lol but not outdated tile, that is a big difference. Most of the time you can not lay other flooring over tile. We are putting tile in our bathroom that looks like wood flooring. I want the same thing upstairs. We have to re do our front walkway, re do our bathroom and then re build our back deck before new flooring upstairs. My old house had tons of tile. I had a steam cleaner that made mopping it so easy.

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to andrea m

Hiya? We had a big bike rally at Girl Scouts on Friday and I went to go see "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows" yesterday. I thought the movie was good in a silly sort of way but I've been a Ninja Turtles fan since I was a little girl (Donatello was always my favorite). One of the highlights of the movie was the fact Stephen Amell, who plays Oliver Queen/Arrow on the TV show "Arrow," was in it as Casey Jones. I MIGHT have made a few "Arrow" jokes during the movie that annoyed the person I went with LOL!

Jen- I've decided to use my day off for my own purposes...whatever we're doing for my sister's anniversary, it'll just have to wait until after 4PM and I can always use the "I have to work the next day" excuse to get out of hanging out.

Alissa- Those boxes sound really awesome...and a really good way to learn how to cook.

Andrea- I'm sorry to hear you had to face a super mess at work and you had to teach your co-workers how to clean up.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to DNA301

hello and good morning

thanks andrea I am

have a nice Monday

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81

I bought a bike last year and I just love that thing. I ride for donuts, frozen yogurt, the gym, grocery store, Chinese food, gourmet chocolate, barbecue... Yesterday, I rode to the gym. Today, I ride for groceries.

I've got family rolling in today and I'm super excited to see them!

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps

Hmm I'm curious about these boxed meals. I'll pm you my email address. Not sure I'll actually do them but doesn't hurt to take a look.

Ashley I'm glad you are taking the day for yourself!!! I think it's a bit crazy they are throwing them and anniversary party. But can't say I'm surprised.

Jen I know pretty much nothing about the tile but I would think ripping it out would be the way to go.

We took the kids camping this weekend as it was the first weekend out of school. We went right after school on Thursday which was their last day.

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles

Good morning! I’m finally back! We had a wonderful vacation, but I am so glad to be home. Not sure how glad I am to be back at work though! LOL

Jen, I’m glad Shawna did so good with the wisdom teeth coming out, and that they were able to find some kind of pain medication to help her! YAY for a good shopping experience! I love it when it’s easy! Stephen being like a stray cat…that’s hilarious! I personally wouldn’t think twice about getting rid of tile I didn’t care for anymore!

Alissa…lol on seeing DS die a little on the inside. Good for you biking all of that and running! UGH on the wasted! It’s fun to drink, but I hate it when I drink too much and regret it. Going strong not doing that for a couple years now! I haven’t scrapped in forever! That Home Chef sounds interesting, I might have to look into it. I also hate cooking!

Andrea, I’m glad your visit with the parents went well! Sorry you had to work while they were here! Ugh on the work issues! My DD was like your DD last night…being a royal brat…but she was being a psycho brat…one minute sweet as pie and the next biting our heads off and being a witch! I think it’s because she started, but in my book…that is no excuse to act like that.

Danielle..I hope you have a wonderful time with your parents!

Ashley…that would definitely be a wasted day off! Don’t do it!

Becky, I bet the kids loved a weekend get-away camping! That’s cool that you can just take off and do that!

Ashley, yay for getting to see a good show, especially after the disappointing one!

So, vacation was great, but getting home was fabulous! There is just no place like home. We went to Wyoming for a few days. While there, we went to Devil’s Tower & Mount Rushmore. Both were neat, Devil’s Tower was just a big rock LOL…I wasn’t too impressed but I guess it was cool to see. My granddaughter wouldn’t have anything to do with us, being with her mom and only her mom every day has made her extremely clingy. The only time I could hold her was when her mom went outside to feed the calf…and DH only got to hold her for about 60 seconds on our last day in WY, then her mom walked in and the screaming commenced. DD is trying to get preggo again, and DH and I both think that is the wrong choice for her. She’s not ready to handle two…she can barely handle the one. We kept our mouths shut though.

Back in CO, we took DD & DS to Estes Park (Andrew stayed in WY with his sister until they came to CO the next day). The kids (well and DH & I) spoiled ourselves with souvenirs (clothes mostly) in Estes Park…trying to fit that in the luggage for the trip home was a bit of a pain. Sat., we had the wedding in the Rocky Mtn National Park…high noon at the top of a mountain in no shade did not make for a fun day…DD & I got really sunburned. The wedding was a disorganized mess, but in the end it all turned out OK. Saturday night, MIL had family and friends over for dinner and visit and that was really nice. Sunday, we headed out early and were home by mid-afternoon! So glad to be home!

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps
In response to StarsNSparkles

Sounds like a pretty good trip Stetz!

andrea m
Governor
andrea m

sounds like a good vacation stetz. Glad you got to do some sight seeing and spoiled yourselves.

My dd did not like to be held by others for a long time. It was frustrating to me. I would have loved for her to let other people hold her. She would scream if a guy said hi to her until she was 5 years old. She was over one before the grandpas could hold her without her crying. She would rather sit by herself then be held by other people.

The weekend went by to fast. I ended up working a couple hours yesterday too. I went in and my cake freezer was not working. All the stuff in it was melted.

I did get my scrap room reorganized to better fit all my stamps. I am just waiting for my new shelves to arrive.

The kids had friends over all weekend which I like. So i cooked a lot lol.

Becky My kids do not get out of school till the end of this week. DD has 8th grade graduation and a field trio thurs. FRI is a half day.
I bet camping was fun. Are the kids excited to be out of school?

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps
In response to andrea m

Andrea Rachel was like your dd for the first year and a half and then she got a lot better. Thank God!

Yes the kids are excited to be out of school. They have a lot of stuff going on this month with camps and stuff. I'm guessing by July Trevor will be ready to go back as he's already worried about being bored this summer. This will be their first time ever staying at home. There are teenagers in the neighborhood babysitting them. Plus dh has a lot of weekdays off.

andrea m
Governor
andrea m

That nice that they get to stay home.

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to andrea m

Hiya? I'm finishing up my urinalysis training at the lab...which isn't exactly hard (the machines are finicky) but not very pleasant. I'd rather work with blood over urine any day of the week. It's not too bad, relatively speaking, when the samples come already in the tubes and you just have to take the tops off and put them on the machine. It's less pleasant when the samples come in cups and you have to pour it into the tubes. I think I changed my gloves like 20 times today just because.

Alissa- I miss having a bike. Mine was stolen a few years ago out of the garage...but now there are bike paths everywhere in my neighborhood.

Becky- My sister loves her parties...anything to be the center of attention. I remember being bored in the summer (wasn't allowed to say so though) so I spent Godly amounts of time reading LOL!

Stephanie- Sounds like you had an awesome trip! I'm sorry to hear your granddaughter was very clingy to her mom. I know my sister was a very "social" baby but I'm not sure I was LOL. I don't think I was ever described as clingy...I was always described as "better left to her own devices."

Andrea- YIKES on the cake freezer not working! That had to have been a terrible mess!

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to andrea m

Alissa, we would have to play Fridge Tetris to get any box to fit, lol!

Andrea, hugs on the teenage drama. I remember mood swings. It got so bad that I had to tell Shawna that she could not attend sleepovers and could not leave the house if she was a bwitch because of lack of sleep. It helped quite a bit. It basically taught her that she can skimp on sleep, but still had to behave like a human (because of course, she wasn't giving up socializing from midnight to 5am). Bummer on having to manage toddlers at work. How annoying! Ug on the work freezer.

Ashley, that sounds like a good plan for your sister's party.

Becky, how was the camping trip? What camps do they have? It sounds like they will have a fun stay-at-home summer. My kids loved staying at home with a camp here and there thrown in.

I'm finally good with ripping the tile out.

Stetz, welcome back! I love your vacation recap. I would love to visit those places. Big rocks interest me, but only for about 10 minutes and then I'm good. Hopefully grandkid #2 won't be as clingy. Other people could hold Shawna and Stephen, but those 2 instantly piped down when I held them, so I held them a lot. It turns out that the med made Shawna sick. Oh well.

I went outlet shopping with a friend yesterday. I found 2 dresses for the 2 weddings I have this year....$143 combined, out the door! I found a several work clothes, too. We found some great deals. It was an awesome, fun day!

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps
In response to Luvmyfam

Ashley you should buy yourself a bike now that you have a job. That could be a fun hobby for you to do away from your family!

Jen - Trevor is doing basketball, baseball and stem camps. Rachel is just doing basketball camp. Aly wants to do a cheerleading camp in August but I haven't decided for sure if I'm sending her. I haven't signed her up as she always changes her mind. I figure I'll ask when it gets closer.

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to Luvmyfam

Good morning! DH & I have been exhausted since getting home, falling asleep any time with get a free half hour. He slept during his lunch yesterday...overslept actually. I slept on the couch waiting on time to go out to eat, we took a friend too as a thank you for helping us while we were gone and for his birthday. Last night, we were just couch potatoes.

Our mud room and hall bath was tiled while we were gone. I'm pretty upset about the bath as we had small 2 x 2 squares set in a pattern among the big tiles, but for some reason, he set those small squares about an 1/8" lower than the big, so if you walk in their barefoot, you run the risk of cutting your foot on the bigger tiles. DH is going to find out why he did it like that, and if there is no reason, going to have them removed and reset at the same level as the big tiles. So annoying! The mudroom looks great though.

I could definitely understand that my granddaughter was afraid/unsure of us for the first day or maybe even two...but when day 3 -7 hit, you would've thought she would warm up to us a little bit. Sunday night, she fell off a bed (no idea who actually put her on a bed) and broke her arm. I'm not sure how badly broken, as getting info from DD is like pulling teeth, but she has to be in a sling for a month and no crawling. I'm guessing it's not badly broken if they aren't casting it.

Andrea, ugh on the freezer at work. It's time for some wonderful things to happen at work! Yay on getting your scrap room organized...I would love to do that with mine, but I'll have to wait until a decent table can be built!

Becky, I bet they are thrilled to get to stay home...it's nice to have all your own stuff at your disposal. That's great that you got neighborhood kids that can help out...and I'm sure it's much easier for you to go to work in the morning without having to get them all ready too.

Ashley...I am totally with you on the dislike of working with urine...that would be gross.

Jen, sorry to hear the meds made Shawna sick...but it probably doesn't take much for her, right? I believe you said she was dealing with a lot of pregnancy sickness. Woohoo on the dress shopping and finding 2! I have such a hard time finding things I like on...I like a lot hanging in the store...but hate how it looks on me.

andrea m
Governor
andrea m

Jen yeah for successful shopping. that rarely happens for me.

Stetz sorry to here about your granddaughter. They do stuff so different for broken arms now. My nephew broke his and he had to wait two weeks for the swelling to go down then they put his cast on. They also change the cast more frequently while the arm is healing.

Ashley i agree, buy a new bike.
We may have to hire again at work. A few new hires are not working out. Two for sure may have to go and a few girls decided they did not want to have a second job. One i am glad about. She was a rehire that i would not have rehired. One of my girls is moving, one is going on vacation for three weeks. On the bright side another decided to come back this summer. I think the next few weeks are going to be tough. I am exhausted just thinking about it.

Edited by andrea m on 06-07-16 06:50 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to andrea m

Hiya? Today was a bit chaotic at the lab...two techs called out and they had to scramble to fill in spots. I wound up working the coagulation bench...which is usually easy but I came in to find one machine completely down so I had to do all the morning rush on one machine instead of two. At one point, I had more samples than I had spaces on the machine to run them! Eventually service came to fix the second machine so the afternoon rush went a lot smoother than the morning.

Jen- Awesome on finding dresses! I hate clothes shopping but I got a really cool "Alice in Wonderland" couture dress (from Hot Topic) to wear after the dance show. Thankfully my sister won't be around because she'd just call it a costume.

Becky- I was thinking of either getting a bike or taking up jogging but first I need to have the foot I fractured two years ago checked out. It's starting to really bother me again and I can't exactly be put in a cast again.

Stephanie- Sorry to hear about the tiles and about your granddaughter.

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81
In response to DNA301

Took Grampy, my nephew, and DS to our brand new waterpark yesterday. So. much. fun. DN accidentally knocked out one of DS's baby teeth LMAO It was only a little loose to start with

DS was a clingy baby the first two years. I remember taking him to KY one summer and he was about 18 mo old. He wanted nothing to do with anyone except his mommy. I remember being in the bathroom and he just sat outside the door WAILED. Everyone else was all WTF and I'm all "I dunno!!"

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps

You would think summer would slow things down for us but no such luck. Last night Rachel had gymnastics and Aly swimming. Tonight Trevor has baseball. Plus he's doing basketball camp during the day this week. Tomorrow is going to be extra crazy as he has a dentist appointment and the dog has to go to the vet. Next week the girls start summer school. Luckily dh is off this week so he's gotten stuck with the running during the day.

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles

Good morning. So, after talking to DH last night about the bathroom tile, we decided to either try and chisel out the small pieces and lay something else in that won't sink or we'll have to tear it all out and re-do it. What fun!

Last night, we got Elias his football cleats and mouthpiece. He starts conditioning today.

Andrea, what a PITA with the work situation. Sounds like it is a big mess right now. I hope you are able to find some good workers and the rest of the summer goes smooth.

Alissa...yay for a good time at the waterpark. Ugh on the tooth, was DS upset about it? We just had a splash park open near us, I'd like to take DS sometime to see if he'd like it.

Becky...wow on this week's schedule...that sounds crazy! You and your DH make a good team though being able to get everyone where they need to go.

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps

Wow that's crazy that they are starting football already. I think the boys who play tackle here don't start until the beginning of August.

andrea m
Governor
andrea m

Stetz what did the tile guy say about the tile? will they pay to fix it?
Is ds excited to start football? ds wont start till Aug. If he had to start now he would not play. He wants to work and earn money this year.

Becky our summers are busier too. We have to divide and conquer a lot to get everything done. dh has had to go to a lot more meetings this year since i am working so much.

Alissa I laughed a little at the knocked out tooth . ds knocked dd;s front baby teeth out on accident. She was just excited to get money from the tooth fairy.

I am so over this week. I want the weekend to come so i can chill. Everything has gone wrong and its only wed.

andrea m
Governor
andrea m
In response to andrea m

sharing.

fathers day. By Andrea M

thighs By Andrea M

Edited by andrea m on 06-08-16 08:40 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to andrea m

Hiya? T-minus seven days and counting before my sister comes back and her dog leaves. I feel like my room is never going to be properly in order again since all his stuff is in my bedroom. I already told my mom, once the dog leaves, I feel like I'm going to have to clean my room from top to bottom in order to get it back in order again. I guess part of it is my fault since I have a few stray piles of books in my room I didn't manage to put away before the dog showed up.

Andrea- I'm sorry to hear that work is not being fun and you're having trouble with your co-workers.

Alissa- I remember my sister's friends knocking out a few of her loose baby teeth. I was more a "bite into a super hard apple" person myself LOL!

Becky- FISHSTICKS! You sound super busy! That is a ton of stuff going on at once.

Stephanie- Is football supposed to start now? I thought that was more a fall sport than a summer one. (Football's not a big sport in my area so I don't know)

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to DNA301

Good morning! DS loved football practice yesterday! He did really good too. It's actually not practice, it's conditioning and it's optional, but it'll help him once practice actually starts. They only go 2 times a week for an hour and a half.

The tile guy did everything right, it's just that the smaller squares were thinner than the big ones, when he got back the next day, every single one had sunk. We will cover the cost of the repairs, but it won't be bad as it is a small bathroom. DD's bf does a lot of work for us, so we hired him to chisel out the squares, it only took him about an hour.

Andrea, so sorry that the week has been so rough for you. I hope today and tomorrow go better! I'm excited for the weekend, but only because I want to sleep in Saturday. It seems like we still haven't caught up on sleep.

Ashley, is there a reason you can't just keep your door shut to keep the dog out? You let your mom and your sister control your every move...now you are letting a dog?? Football is a pretty big deal here...I see HS boys practice most of the summer, even if it is just weight lifting. There is a one week no contact though between coaches and their players every summer.

andrea m
Governor
andrea m

Stetz we have conditioning and foot ball camps thru the summer. Ds gets a free gym membership from his work so he plans to go with a friend.

Glad the tile is not a huge project.

DD's 8th grade graduation is today. I think its great that they do something for the graduation but they have a full on event. It seems a little much to me. they are having a dance afterwards with food trucks that they can get lunch from. I cant believe i will have two highschool kids.

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps
In response to andrea m

Are your kids still in school Andrea?

Stetz I'm glad you got the tile figured out.

andrea m
Governor
andrea m

Becky tomorrow is their last day.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to andrea m

Ashley, I always think of you now when I leave a sample for the lab, LOL! The older I get, the more samples they want. le sigh.

Becky, what is stem camp? And holy cow on Aly being old enough for cheerleading camp!!! What a busy summer!

Stetz, how odd, and painful, about those tiles. Oh no on your granddaughter's broken arm. Poor little tyke. Yes....Shawna has been dealing with a lot of pregnancy sickness....more on that in a few...

Andrea, successful and shopping aren't usually in the same sentence for me, either. If it wasn't for these wedding, and a very-lacking warm-weather wardrobe for work, I probably wouldn't have been as successful. I was definitely motivated! Wow....your kids are growing up so fast!

Certain events were cancelled for 8th grade graduation in our town, and cities nearby no longer do the grad thing. It was getting out of hand, with a lot of kids feeling "accomplished" and then dropping out in 9th grade because "why continue?". At Stephen's (or Shawna's?) 8th grade graduation, someone rented a plane that towed a banner congratulating their kid. That activity was banned the following year, as were limos. Yep, limos for 8th grade graduates.

Alissa, we bought passes to the waterpark nearest us. It made for fun, low-cost summers for the kids.

Yesterday was scary. All is OK, but Shawna woke up (probably dehydrated) and was sick. At some point she was throwing up blood! She stayed home and was seen by a doc in the afternoon. They gave her prescriptions for antacids and anti-nausea meds, ran labs and did another ultrasound. The tech said that the baby is blissfully unaware of mom's troubles. We could see the fingers in the ultrasound. So cute! Shawna was back at work today and feeling better, but looking tired.

andrea m
Governor
andrea m
In response to Luvmyfam

jen dehydration is bad enough but when your pregnant its worse. I had a bought of it and it made me start spotting. scared the heck out of me. I drank a ton of water after that. Glad dd is doing better today and baby is good.

They call it advancement ceremony as you are not graduating you are advancing to high school. I got there at 8:35 and left at 10:20. they had stuff going on afterwards but I had to be to work.
dd had a dance afterwards for the rest of the day.

oh my i am so glad tomorrow is Friday. this week has been way to long.

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to Luvmyfam

Hiya? Fair warning: this is slightly gross....I was working on the urine bench today and I had these two samples that had weird forms on the electronic microscope (one of my favorite things in the lab...makes doing microscopic exams on urines so much easier) so I checked them under the regular microscope. Both samples had tremendous amounts of yeast in them...Both from women outpatients. I so wanted to call the floor and tell them the doctors to help those poor women out.

Stephanie- If I'm home, the door's closed most of the time (unless I have a good reason to have the door open...like we're going to eat soon). It's at night the dog is an issue...I like leaving my door closed but the dog likes to sleep in both my room and my grandmother's room. If I leave the door closed, there's scratching and crying and whining...which wakes my beagle up and starts him barking. Glad to hear Elias did so well in football!

Andrea- Congrats on your daughter's graduation! That party afterwards sounds really cool!

Jen- YIKES on what happened to your daughter! Glad it was nothing serious though!

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to DNA301

Good morning! Yesterday was finally a lazy day after work. I did finally cook a nice homemade dinner for the family. DD was being a complete brat yesterday, I think it was because she had a friend over, so thought she should "show off."

Andrea, that's pretty cool that your DS gets a gym membership through work. They are so expensive...I'd love one I didn't have to pay for. They have full out 8th grade graduation here, it's at night, then afterwards their is a party. When DD graduated 8th, they rented the rec room at the local college, they had a dance and blow ups and whatever else. I'm thrilled today is Friday, and doubly thrilled I can sleep in tomorrow! I have some catch up to do!

Jen, do you have to dress up for your job? I'm really lucky that I can wear whatever, so my everyday wardrobe works for my work wardrobe. We have no outside business though, so no one to see what I look like. Seriously...a plane and banner...some parents are just ridiculous! So sorry to hear about Shawna and being sick. I bet she was pretty scared! I'm glad that the baby is fine and unaware!

Ashley, I bet it is really hard when you see bad results. Everyone at my house sleeps with the door closed...and the dog sleeps with Shelby. I don't have that problem, thank goodness!

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps

Jen stem is science, technology, engineering and math. It's an all day camp at the tech school. Just a one day thing. I hope Shawna is feeling better. How scary when pregnant. I'm pretty sure people don't do planes and limos even for high school graduation.

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81

DS only cried a little about the tooth. He handled it really well.

I'm tired.

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301

Hiya? I have a three day weekend! It's my weekend off and then Monday is my day off. I'm really glad Monday is my day off because the dance studio has their show Sunday so I can take Monday to relax LOL! Next week I start the hardest part of my training at the lab...manual white cell identification. My training for that has been limited and very poorly done so I'm starting from scratch which makes me nervous.

Stephanie- I had when there are bad results. Most of the techs aren't bothered by them...but I still am. My dog (the beagle) sleeps exclusively with my mom, either in her bed or next to it.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam

An "advancement ceremony" sounds much more appropriate than "graduation" for an 8th grader.

Stetz, ug on DD being a brat. I don't have to dress up for work, and over the years jeans have become everyday work wear, rather than just casual-Friday wear. I can't bring myself to dress down Mon-Thur (I will when my boss and the owners do). I like to wear slacks, tops, sweaters on those Mon-Thu, and a nice top on Fri with my jeans.

Becky, Stephen would have LOVED Stem!

Shawna is doing much better today. She's been having to cover the front desk nearly all week because the receptionist has had to deal with a family emergency. Shawna is the primary backup for the receptionist. She always has a terrible time getting the other 3 secondary backups to relieve her for lunch, and it's nearly impossible to get a bathroom break. They ignore their phone if she calls for a break, and ignore emails for lunch coverage. She said that she thinks she was drinking less water just to avoid taking the bathroom breaks, but not on purpose. That makes sense. I'll automatically drink less if I know there will be a bathroom issue coming up. Something must have been said to the backups because today they were very cooperative and even checked in on her throughout the day to ask if she needed a break. I actually saw her get bathroom breaks! Her boss also expects her to do her own job while covering the front, without OT. Try cramming 16 hours into 8! She talked to her boss about how stressful everything is, particularly because the receptionist will only be working mornings for the next few weeks, and her boss is cutting back to part time. It's enough to make anyone stress out.

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to Luvmyfam

Good morning! I had a pretty nice, quiet weekend. We got all the tile chipped out of the bathroom, so now we are ready to have it re-laid. It shouldn’t be too big a job, as it is only replacing the decorative squares. Saturday, I pretty much spent the day on the couch, not feeling well from this stupid sinus thing.

Becky, that stem camp sounds really cool. I didn’t see any planes or limos at DD’s HS graduation LOL

Ashley, woohoo on having a 3 day weekend! How did the show go?

Jen, a casual dressy dress code doesn’t sound too bad, but I’d be in trouble if I had to do it! LOL Jeans and capris are what my wardrobe consist of. I have a few summer dresses I wear to church. That doesn’t sound like a good situation for anyone, especially not someone who is pregnant. I’m glad something was said to the other back-ups and they were better, but geesh on her being expected to do 2 jobs. I’m glad she talked to her boss.

I’ve been struggling with DH lately. He’s been really grouchy and short-tempered. When we were in WY, he completely lost it with his DD, even though the issue was major…his quick temper was not justified. Then the other day at home, he did it with my DD. He’s been getting unhinged over this long list of to-do, that isn’t really even his to-do…and throwing fits. He went off his anti-depressant right before vacation (he doesn’t like taking medical prescriptions), so I told him last night he needed to get back on it. He started back this morning, so here’s hoping to a better DH! LOL

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps

That's crazy about Shawna. I'm glad she talked to her boss about it. That would be hard to deal with even not pregnant.

Stetz I hope going back on the meds makes things better with DH.

My girls started summer school this morning and it was the first day of having our babysitters. Hopefully all is going well. She has an easy first day with it just being Trevor there.

andrea m
Governor
andrea m

good morning.

Stetz i hope going back on the meds helps dh.

My weekend did not go as planned but it was good. We started working on our front walk way. It is a project that has kept getting put off. We had to go to twin to order pavers which took almost a whole day. It will be great when it is finished though. I ordered new dishes. the ones i have were purchased when ds was in kindergarten he is now a junior lol.

I hope this work week is better than last week.

Becky why are the girls going to summer school?

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps
In response to andrea m

They run a couple of 3 week sessions with all fun classes for the elementary age kids here. Trevor never wanted to do it but the girls wanted to give it a try. They are doing two classes both about animals.

I just got new dishes for Christmas. My dishes were from when Mike and I bought our house 13 years ago.

andrea m
Governor
andrea m

becky that is neat. I hope they like it.

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to andrea m

Becky, I hope the girls enjoy their summer school classes. So these are an elective type thing on non-school material? They don't offer anything like that here.

Andrea, I hope you have a better work week too! I'm glad you had a good weekend. Seems like any time we go to buy home improvement stuff it turns into an all day thing. So annoying! LOL I'm glad you were able to get everything though.

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps

I think there are some on school material as well but you have to have a referral from a teacher to get in those. Basically if your child struggles they can go to the summer school program to get extra help. But yeah most of it non-school related. There are cooking and gym classes as well. It is elective so you don't have to do it as Trevor never has. There is also busing by my kids would have to ride 1 1/2 each way so I drop them off and pick them up. It's all free and provided by our school district.

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301

Hiya? The studio show yesterday went well...at least, all the dance I was in went well yesterday. I was just glad I got through my "Alice in Wonderland" solo without messing up. The only dance I ever worry about really messing up is my solo because I'm the only one on stage so there's no one to follow if I happen to blank out on a step or something. Afterwards, we came home to eat instead of going out like we usually do because food and I aren't getting along right now.

Jen- I'm sorry to hear about your daughter's work situation. That can't be good for her in her condition.

Stephanie- Hope you're feeling better after your sinus thing and I hope your husband is feeling better after restarting his medication.

Becky- Those classes sound neat! Hope the girls enjoy them!

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to DNA301

Good morning! Nothing exciting in my neck of the woods. LOL

Becky, I think that program is really cool, and I think it would be great if our school offered it. I think Elias would really enjoy non-school subject classes.

Ashley, I'm glad the dance show went well, and that your solo went flawless. I'm sure you worry for nothing...I highly doubt you mess up too much in dance! What's wrong with you and food?

Gregg has been having seizures every day for the last few weeks, but the last 2 days, he's had a couple of bad ones with some new symptoms. It's kind of scary b/c you don't know if something is growing, and we don't get another MRI until the end of July. But...we also know that once you have a seizure, you are more prone to have other seizures even if nothing is wrong. Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers.

andrea m
Governor
andrea m

Stetz so sorry to hear gregg is having such bad seizures .

Today i get to catch up on stuff at work. another girl will be working the front while i do other stuff. From now on i get Tuesdays to do this.
My sister and brother in law are coming this weekend so i am trying to get stuff clean each night after work. Its not going so well lol.
dh has gravel coming today for our project and he picked up sand yesterday. Now just waiting for home depot to deliver are stuff.

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps
In response to andrea m

Awww Stetz that sounds scary. I'm sorry to hear about him having more seizures.

Joanie R
Guru
Joanie R

Catching up after being gone all last week.

Ashley - glad you're dance went well.

Stephanie - Sorry to hear about your husband. I will keep him in my prayers.

To everyone else, truth be told, I totally skimmed all the other posts because I was five pages behind! Hello to all! I hope you are all well and hugs to anyone who is going through a trying time.

It's good to be back. We had a wonderful time! DD got engaged at Disneyland! In front of the castle. Her fiance had a shirt made that said on the front, "I don't always meet a princess, (back read) but when I do, I propose!" The shirt she wore was just as perfect. It read "I'm 99.9% sure I'm a Disney princess." She was completely clueless that this was going to happen. DSIL to be asked her dad and I for her hand a couple of weeks ago! I will post a picture later!

Have a great day, everyone!

andrea m
Governor
andrea m
In response to Joanie R

joanie how fun. congrats to your dd.

Joanie R
Guru
Joanie R
In response to andrea m

Thanks so much, Andrea!

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to andrea m

Thanks ladies for the sympathies towards Gregg.

I think that is great Andrea that you get a day at work to get caught up. Are you excited about these family members coming?

Joanie...nice to see you! How exciting for your DD...and what a great way to be proposed to! Sounds unique...and she'll cherish it forever!!

andrea m
Governor
andrea m

stetz not excited about the visit but not upset either. Im sure it will be a nice visit.

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to andrea m

Hiya? Today I started one of the two parts of my training I've been fearing since I got this new job...manual white cell identification. My prior training, like I told my trainer this morning, was nonexistent so he should assume I know nothing. I mean, I knew very basic stuff but nothing beyond that. We had to start from the ground up today and only got through like the basic level identification. I guess that's why this training is four weeks long...you have to know all the weird white blood cell forms since the hospital is a cancer center.

Stephanie- Food and I had been getting along but that stopped a few weeks back. I have IBS-D and, when it flares up, food and I become mortal enemies. I'm currently living on peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, baked chicken, rice, and a handful of veggies I know don't usually make me sick. I'm sorry to hear about Gregg and his seizures. That has to be a scary thing to go through (I mean, I freak when my beagle has seizures so I can only imagine how much scarier it is when it's a human).

Andrea- That's awesome that you get a day to catch up at work. I hope your visiting family isn't too stressful.

Joanie- That's an amazing way to be proposed to! One of my very good friends, her dream is be proposed to in Be Our Guest at Disney Land.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to DNA301

Becky, I love getting new dishes. How do the kids like the new sitter?

Our schools don't do fun summer school anymore. They stopped sometime after I left the school district, and before our kids entered. It's only academics now for students who are required to attend. No budget for the fun stuff or to improve academically.

Stetz, I'm sorry about DH. I hope restarting the meds helps. How scary about the seizures. Will his docs want him to come in sooner for the MRI? How are your sinuses?

Ashley, I blitzed during a gymnastics routine once. I had that set memorized and nailed....but I got out on the floor and blew it. My neighbors who watched me practice noticed, but I don't think anyone else did, but I lost points on missing certain moves. It's funny that I still remember that all these years later.

Andrea, ug on house cleaning after work for weekend guests. We've had a few weeks like that lately. Brutal, in my opinion.

Joanie, how exciting!!! Congrats to DD. We were watching fireworks in front of the castle one night and saw 3 proposals. It was fun to watch.

We painted our downstairs bathroom Sunday. It was peach colored, but looked pink. DH hated it because "pink is for girls". So, we paint it gray. Guess what....it looks purple (also for girls in his opinion)! LOL!! We have to apply one more coat. I'm sure it will all be good in the end, because the more the first coat cures, the more gray it looks.

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to Luvmyfam

Good morning! Last night, DH & I were alone, so we went out to a nice dinner together. Then, I got to go spend my birthday gift card and got a cute short outfit, mainly for the cruise, but I'll wear it otherwise too. Tonight, my parents are coming over. I haven't seen them in a while, and I know they've been anxious to see the updates on my house.

Andrea, sorry you aren't excited about the visit, but that's good that you aren't dreading it either!

Ashley, that sounds like a long boring training to me...you definitely have to be talented in an area like that to learn all that. There is no way I could do it! Hats off to you for doing it! Sorry to hear about the food issues and having a flare up. I hope it gets better soon. Are you on medication for it?

Jen, we have lots of gray in our house...and I have noticed that it usually takes on a color cast, mostly blue, green, or purple. I think it's hard to find a gray color that just looks gray. I'm sure it is better though than the peach/pink. I bet it's pretty now...even if it has a slight purple cast.

DH will not be able to get a follow-up MRI any sooner than 3 months from the procedure he had in April. They say it takes 3 months for the radiation to do its work and a quicker MRI wouldn't show complete results. My sinuses have been better. I didn't go to the Dr because Monday the weird taste finally went away...and I can deal with the rest of it.

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps

We have a gray in our upstairs that looks gray but one in our bathroom that totally looks purple. I just went with it and bought purple rugs!

andrea m
Governor
andrea m

dh got called out last night and did not get home till 1am. I ended up staying up late cleaning since he was not home. He did stop at the store and buy me an electric griddle. I have been wanting one for awhile now. When company is over i can cook more at a time.

My room in our last house was grey. I just think it depends on the tone you use. Mine had some blue in it so it looked more grey. Even when i color i use some blue with the grey.
Our walls downstairs are peach looking it supposed to be a cream shade but it is not. It is from the last owners. we still need to repaint.

Stetz glad you got a night out with dh.

My brother called and they are coming for the fourth of july. He has never been here so its nice that he is coming.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to andrea m

Becky, hahaha on going with the purple. It sounds like something I would do, but DH would really hate that!

I grabbed one of our new, gray towels and brought it into the bathroom in hopes that the paint would look more gray against the towel. Nope....the towel looked purple, LOL!

Stetz, I guess that makes sense about the MRI. I'm sorry he has to wait.

Andrea, I loved my electric griddle. I had it for years. I don't remember what happened to it, but I'm guessing it died after the kids started moving out. How fun to have your brother come visit.

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to Luvmyfam

Hiya? So, unfunny story LOL...I almost "Snow Whited" myself today during lunch at work. I packed my lunch last night, like I do every night, and I threw in a bag of prepackaged apple slices. I never bothered to look at the bag...I just assumed that they were packed to stay fresh or something. I got to lunch today and I opened the apples...FISHSTICKS! They smelled like rot! The apples looked normal but so didn't smell it. I cheked the package and it turns out they did, indeed, have an "eat by" date...and they were way past it. I spent the rest of the day silently laughing about how I almost pulled a Snow White and ate a bad apple.

Jen- No gray rooms in the house here. My mom likes everything a color I call "hospital white"...the only room that's not this amazing shade is my bedroom which is a color I call "Toy Story Alien Green."

Stephanie- The tech who's training me is a "morphology specialist" who's been classifying white blood cells for like 35 years. He's probably forgotten more than I know! I hope you had a good night out!

Andrea- My dad has an electric griddle...he loves the thing but hates when my grandmother attempts to clean it.

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to DNA301

Good morning. So...I'm going to tell you a situation and you tell me what you think. Paul said he was calling in and taking Tuesday night off work and asked to keep Elias. I said yes, as I do try to be nice and fair and give him time with Elias. When I picked Elias up yesterday though, I found out that Tuesday night, he went and stayed the night with his step-mom's sister, who's a single mom of a teenager, and they went to a local arcade/restaurant to meet a guy named Matt.

I was pretty upset about it. One, I gave up my time with Elias for Paul, not for someone else to spend time with Elias. Two, who is Matt...does Paul even know him? Is he some guy she met online? Is he safe? I got mad at Paul when I found it, but as usual, you can't reason with him. He thinks there's no difference in this than if Elias stays with Gregg, his step-dad. So, what do you guys think?

Becky, that's pretty smart to embrace the color cast...and I bet the purple & gray combo is really pretty!

Andrea, that was sweet of your DH to get you a griddle. That's nice that your brother is coming out for a visit...will both your sister and brother be there at the same time then?

Jen...lol on the gray towel looking purple. That must have a strong purple undertone to it. Did you get the last coat on it yet?

Ashley, there is no white paint on any of my walls! I can't stand plain white! At least you got to paint your room the shade of your choice.

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps

That would have ticked me off too. I mean why ask for extra time with him if you aren't even going to spend it with him. I also agree on there being a huge different between Gregg and this other guy. It's not like you'd of left Elias with Gregg when you first met him. You make sure a person is safe before you leave your children with them or even have your children around them.

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles

Exactly Becky. It's one thing if Paul wants to give up his regular visitation days, but it's a different story if he's giving up my time with Elias. And if he is going to let Elias go somewhere, then he better know where he is going and who he's going to be around. He can forget it now...I'm not giving up my time with Elias for him. I like to be around my son.

Edited by StarsNSparkles on 06-16-16 05:54 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

andrea m
Governor
andrea m

Stetz i would be pissed. It is one thing for paul to leave elias with his stepmom but with her sister and some strange guy, that is irresponsible and dangerous in my book. I would just say no from now on if he wants extra time. saddly there is not much you can do about his time but he does not deserve extra when acting like that. What the heck was the point of asking to take him just to pawn him off on someone else anyway. That baffles me.

My sister in law ( i dont have a sister) is coming this weekend.
My little brother is coming over fourth of july.
they are both short visite which is fine by me. I love having the company but after 3 days it gets old lol.

I finally get to work on my own today and not train any one. Im looking forward to the break lol.

No white in my house either. I use a pale tan color for rooms i want more plain.

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to andrea m

Andrea...I couldn't agree more! And, I have decided to start telling him no. I only have to give Elias to him every other weekend, but I let him have him every weekend to be nice. I will continue that, but I will not give any more than that.

Ah...sorry about the confusion on the weekend visitors. I agree, 3 days is not too little and not too much! My in-laws always come for 5-7 and it drives me crazy! Hope you have a good time at work!

When I wanted a neutral in my mud room, I went with a pale green. I painted all my hallways a tan too.

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81

Stetz, I agree that you are not overreacting. What's the point in having Elias if he's not going to spend time with him?

I've been working on my bathroom since February. It's got a new toilet, fresh caulk, paint, and a good scrubbing. Makes a HUGE difference. DH and I are going to finish hanging fixtures today. Later this summer, we'll replace the floor. I put a light sand color on the walls, a vintage blue on the cabinets, and pure white accents and trim. I really like it I still need to spray paint the vent and the light fixtures.

I sat around and snacked and binge watched TV all day yesterday. Today is a new day.

DH threw a treadmill down the stairs last weekend so we have some holes to repair

I ran a half marathon back in December. Not my first one. At around mile 10, you can expect energy gels. At some point in the race, they were passing out tongue depressors with some sort of goo on the end. I was soooo excited!!! I thought it was some new way to do energy gel and I popped the goo in my mouth. Energy gels are gross anyway so it took me a moment to realize it was Vaseline No problem. I spit it in my hand and slimed it onto my chaffed areas. All good

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps

lol Alissa!!! I have missed your sense of humor around here. You crack me up!

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles

Alissa, your bathroom sounds really pretty! Take a pic and post it when it's all finished. LOL on yesterday...we all need a day like that now and then! And...DH threw the treadmill b/c why?? LOL on the vaseline...way to recover!

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301

Hiya? Weird day at the lab today. For some reason, one of the lead techs started asking for blood samples (later found out they needed normal bloods to check some machinery)...she needed five men and five women. Well, there were guys plenty who could donate but not so much for the women LOL. She got to me, and I was unwilling to begin with because it was three tubes and I hadn't eaten yet, and asked if I took medication. I told her I did for anxiety and that was that. I guess that disqualified me from donating for their machinery check.

Stephanie- I think you have a right to be mad at Paul. There are lots of crazies in the world and you didn't know Matt from a hole in the wall. He could have been one of the crazies and not safe for your son to be around.

Andrea- When we had relatives stay over, it was always better when they stayed over for short visits. Longer ones and they just started to annoy LOL!

Alissa- LOL! That's crazy about the Vaseline! My sister wanted she and I to start doing 5ks but she's now backed out of the idea. I was going to go ahead with it but I need to have my foot checked first before I try anything.

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to DNA301

Good morning! Last night was a movie watching veg out night. I found the old movie Harry & The Hendersons on Netflix, so we watched that, then later watched Goosebumps. It was a fun night.

As for the situation with Elias, I wasn't mad that he spent the night with Paul's SIL...I was mad that he asked to have Elias an extra night, then did that. If he wants to give up his visitation nights, then that's his choice, but don't take him from me then do that. As for Matt, Paul claims he knows him...and maybe he does. But if he doesn't, then Paul's an idiot...because in the days we live in...it's dangerous!

Tonight, I am pretty positive Paul is going to try to "punish" me. Elias has football conditioning and this morning Paul asked the time for it. Normally they stay up all day, then sleep from 3-10 (they both work midnight shift). I wouldn't be surprised if both Tressa (Paul's wife) and her sister (the one Elias stayed with) showed up. I told Gregg and laughed...I could care less who shows up to watch Elias condition. It's good that Elias sees that people care about him and want to be involved.

Ashley...I was turned away from giving blood a long time ago because I'm anemic. I just quit trying to give b/c I knew it wasn't going to change, unless I take an iron supplement.

andrea m
Governor
andrea m

good morning. i was up at 5 am to get dd and a friend to another parent. They left for a tournament in boise. dh and I could not get to day off and since his sister is coming today it was just better to send her with someone else. I have the days off for her next tournament and have already made the reservations for the campground.

Stets lol i find that paul thinks attending ds's stuff is a punishment for you funny.
regardless i find it odd to ask for extra time and then send him to stay with someone else . Why do that?

im so glad it is friday. it will be a busy weekend but at least i can sleep in a little.

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps
In response to andrea m

Trevor has a tournament this weekend too. But his is pretty close to home so we can come home both nights.

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles

Andrea, sorry you weren't able to go to DD's tournament. I miss out on a lot of stuff because of working during the day. I hate it, but what can you do. I'm glad that you get to make it to the next one, is the campground like tent camping?

Not punishment for him to come...the punishment part is for him to bring his wife and his SIL. (His wife is the second one he cheated on me with and left me for). He thinks it bothers me to have her around stuff concerning DS. It doesn't...not anymore. I'll never be friends with her, but I don't care if she attends stuff. His SIL send me a friend request on FB yesterday...um no thank you.

I think they are all just missing the point of why I'm angry. It is impossible to reason with Paul. It's like he's missing the gene. That's why I'm mad Andrea...why ask for extra time to send him away...that's the only reason I'm mad. I don't understand why he would do that either.

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301

Hiya? Tonight we had patch ceremony at Girl Scouts. The kids were less eager about the ceremony part (since we still do a flag ceremony and a candle ceremony before everything else) but they all sat through it to get to the patches part. The parents, on the other hand, just would not stop talking! They were having more trouble being bored than the kids I guess.

Stephanie- I'm sorry to hear that Paul believes he's punishing you. That's really kind of immature and silly.

Andrea- Sorry you couldn't go to your daughter's tournament.

Becky- Have fun at Trevor's tournament!

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to DNA301

Andrea, I would say that 3 days for company is good. Time to go home after that, LOL!!

Stetz, I would be upset, too. I agree with Andrea about saying "no" to unscheduled time going forward. I don't think you overreacted at all. Even if Paul knows Matt,something could have happened. No one knows others as well as they think they do.

The more the paint settles, the more it looks gray. Whew. We have to do a 2nd coat to one wall, and then paint the ceiling, door and trim. We ordered a replacement mirror and a new light fixture. We will get new baseboards with the flooring.

Alissa, I want to hear the rest of the treadmill story, LOL! And ew on the vaseline!! Yikes. No doubt others did the same thing.

Becky, have fun at the tournament.

Shawna had her 3D ultrasound yesterday. It's a..........

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to Luvmyfam

GIRL!!!

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to Luvmyfam

She's excited. James is seeing his dream of a car-themed nursery going *poof*, lol. He's excited, though.

Today I brought my bike in for service. Picking it up later. Painting in the bathroom, need to by 4 grad cards, get money for the cards, attend the 1st grad party this afternoon (will need to leave in the middle to pick up the bike), and we will buy white paint for the trim. Tooooo busy, but it's all good.

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to Luvmyfam

Hiya? Have to work this weekend...I don't usually mind it but most of the techs that work my weekend aren't working this weekend for whatever reason. The ones that are working aren't exactly friendly or helpful and they're a lot lazy. I guess because the actual leads and supervisors aren't there on the weekends, they feel like they can get away with whatever.

Jen- Congrats on the granddaughter-to-be! That must be exciting! Is a pink and car themed nursery not a thing? (Says the female with half her room all Disney-fied and the other half all geeked out)

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to DNA301

Ashley....good idea on pink, car themed. Shawna wanted a mermaid theme for a girl, and James wanted a car theme for a boy. We'll see where they actually land. Her cousins, aunt and I are starting to put together baby shower plans. It will be a mermaid themed shower.

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to Luvmyfam

Good morning! Well, had a wonderful day yesterday celebrating Father’s Day. All the family came to my house, and no one got mad or got an attitude or attacked ignorant! LOL I’d say it was a success! Saturday, we took Elias to see Finding Dory. It was a cute movie, but not really what I was expecting.

Jen, yay on the paint looking gray! Congrats on having a granddaughter! I saw the announcement on FB too! Such an exciting time for you! We finally got our hall bathroom re-finished…LOL It looks really good now. Only our bathroom is left now.

Ashley, sorry you had to work all weekend. I hope it wasn’t too bad.

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles

Oh, and Paul didn't end up bringing anyone to watch Elias, it was just him. He sat in the bleachers by himself and only stayed about half the time. At one point, I tried to talk to him about this whole situation, but when he turned around, he had this hateful look on his face, so I just said nevermind. He can keep his pi$$y attitude. I am more than fair with him.

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps

Congrats Jen!!! Time to start shopping for cute clothes now!

Stetz that's kind of funny that he showed up alone.

We had a good weekend. The tournament went well and the boys did a good job. They only won one of 3 games but another of the games was very close. Then for Father's Day we went and bought a bunch of blueberry plants and went out to eat.

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles

I cannot wait (well, I can, but I cannot LOL) for the day I get to shop for a grandchild without restrictions. LOL

Becky, sorry they only one won, but I'm glad they had fun and did good anyhow. So, are you going to plant and grow blueberries then?

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps

Yeah we already have a few plants but are adding some more. Just for ourselves or we'll give away extras. Not to sell or anything.

Page 3 of 21 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics