Page 5 of 21 
Username Post: JAFF Jr. (Just a Few Friends)        (Topic#1662217)
DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to andrea m

Hiya? Hopefully this will post because my computer is being a mean beastie tonight LOL! Today was supposed to be my final day with a very nasty trainer...supposedly they're letting me at the bench Monday which is slightly terrifying but I guess I can just ask the other techs on it for help if I get stuck...or when I get stuck because that's sort of inevitable. I think I'll just try not to think about it this weekend LOL!

Stephanie- Glad to hear your new work situation is working out so well! My sister very much dislikes everything in the world. She sees people who are into things as weird and strange.

andrea m
Governor
andrea m
In response to DNA301

Ashley i think your sister is weird and strange and kinda a B. sorry but that is how she seems by your posts.

I have to go into work for a few minutes and then i am spending the day in my craft room. It has been over a month. i plan to clean, organize and make cards.

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to andrea m

Hiya? Went to go see "Star Trek: Beyond" (Beyond what? Still no clue) yesterday with one of my friends. He's a big Star Trek fan so he enjoyed the movie more than I did. I'm a huge Star Wars fan so Star Trek doesn't give me the same warm and fuzzies as Star Wars does. I mean, I liked the movie well enough...it could have used a bit more action, in my opinion...but it's not Star Wars LOL! Today I hung around the house and watched the MLB Hall of Fame inductions because one of the players from the NY Mets was getting inducted today.

Andrea- Good luck with your cleaning and organizing your craft room!

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to andrea m

Stetz, those are outrageous prices for those photos. Wow on all that takes place on the water. It must be a huge job to manage everything. That's a pretty good staff-to-guest ratio. I don't think my house is old (homes here date back to the 1850's, with the majority built in the 1920's and then the 1940's), but I do think the carpet is old. 22 years with the same carpet...yuck! It was SO dirty from normal wear that it was a different shade in areas that were covered from light and dust all these years, LOL! I think the average lifespan for a carpet is about 10 years.

Ashley, people who try to fix other people are nuts. I'm sorry you're trainer is giving you a running commentary.

Becky, I loved skating when I was a kid. I'm glad your DD is enjoying it.

Andrea, what are you doing in your front yard?

Danielle, I hope your offer is accepted.

What a crazy week. Floors are in and they look great. Major furniture is back in place, but we still need to reinstall the bathroom mirror, put back the bistro set, and put everything back on the shelves. Only functional and/or beautiful and/or significantly sentimental items are coming back downstairs. The leftovers will need to find a home upstairs or at Goodwill. The plumber came on Wednesday and he confirmed what we suspected....there are builder errors that needed correcting. The flooring guys showed up Thurs morning, did the demo, then the plumber had to come back to do some work that needed overnight drying. The flooring guys worked until 6:30 and got the main flooring installed. They came back Fri, finished the rest of the flooring, the baseboards and the trim. The plumber came back in the afternoon to reinstall the pedestal sink, the new faucet, and the new toilet. We were at Lowes at 8:45 pm thursday buying the toilet. We are normally in bed at 9, LOL!! Like I said...a crazy week. The boy kitty hid for over 2 days, but the girl kitty thought that the cool "furniture fort" the builders left was a blast.

Tomorrow I go back to work to rest, LOL!

Edited by Luvmyfam on 07-24-16 07:29 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to Luvmyfam

We almost had one install disaster..... a repeat of the "Great Flood of 2001". That was the year we went on a vacation for several days and returned to find that the hose for the water dispenser on the refrigerator door broke and water was running out of the freezer and out onto the floor (2 inches in some places). We cleaned that mess up, turned off the water to the fridge, and never looked back. On Friday night I went to get something out of the freezer and heard drips and saw water on the floor. It took us 5 minutes before Terry remembered the flood. Sure enough, the installer guys turned the water back on when they plugged the fridge back in. I am SO glad I found that when I did!!! I was a bit heartbroken when I saw a nasty water stain on my brand new (hours old) floor!!! But....it wiped up quickly and looks perfect. Yay vinyl!!

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps
In response to Luvmyfam

Wow Jen that could have really sucked if it would have wrecked your brand new flooring.

andrea m
Governor
andrea m
In response to Becky Scraps

Jen glad you caught the water leak quickly and your floor is fine.
I had to laugh about you going back to work for a break.

We are putting in a new walk way in our front yard. We also put beauty bark around our shrubs and are building a water feature. It has been a slow project as dh is doing it himself. We have had very little time at home to work on anything. Now that softball is over for awhile it should get better.

I ended up working yesterday so i feel like i had no weekend. I am not wanting to work today.

I got my new ink shelves organized and inks labeled. I think i like how they are now lol. Who knows i may move stuff again later.

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles

Good morning. So, had a pretty rough weekend, which will continue into the next two days. My coworker's son turned 17 on Friday, and as a gift, his parents gave him the keys to a fully restored 1975 chevy truck that his dad (my coworker) had been working on since before he was conceived in the hopes of one day giving it to a son. That same afternoon, the boy got in a fatal car accident and died. My boss called me around 3 b/c she was told it was his son and it was fatal, but wasn't sure if it was true, so I started digging online and found out it was. I just bawled. My coworker is like family to me here at work and he's my friend. It just breaks my heart for him. Tonight is the visitation and tomorrow the funeral. We are closing the office so we can go.

Andrea, (sorry Ashley) but I agree with you on the description of Ashley's sister. I hope you enjoyed your time in your scrap room.

Jen, oh no on the almost flood...I'm so glad your DH remembered it so quickly and there was no damage...woohoo that it wiped up easily! I'm glad you finally got everything done...it's such a pain in the process...but oh so worth it in the end. I'm still in love with my living room...best remodel choice ever! I know exactly what you mean on the carpet...I had that in my old house, but it was 30 years old...shampooing it helped not at all!! I could never afford to replace it either when I lived there. Gross! I know

andrea m
Governor
andrea m
In response to StarsNSparkles

Stetz it breaks my heart whenever i here about young kids dying. I cant even imagine the pain the parents must be going through.

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps
In response to andrea m

Stetz that is so sad. I hate hearing things like that.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady

Stetz that is so sad

Joanie R
Guru
Joanie R
In response to southern lady

Such sad news, Stephanie. I hope his family is doing ok. Prayers to them.

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to Joanie R

Thanks ladies. I haven't talked to my co-worker. I just sent him a text Friday to let him know I was thinking about him and if they needed anything to just ask. Another coworker told me he isn't really talking to anyone. When people come over, he either goes out to the garage or into his bedroom. I think I'd probably be the same way.

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps

Yeah I don't really blame him. He probably just needs some space and people want to help which really what can a person do that's helpful in a situation like that. It's just horrible.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady

flipbook By Southern Lady

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301

Hiya? Today I was very nervous going to the lab because it was supposed to be my first day on a bench I'm still not very confident in. I walked into the lab to find out there were a ton of call-outs and I was needed on a different bench. Never should anyone be as excited as I was to work with urine all day LOL! Aside from the smell, it's actually not a bad bench to work on. Most of the work is done by two very fickle machines...if the machines are happy, it's an easy day. If they're not...you gonna have a hard day!

Jen- Yikes! Glad the flood crisis was averted! That sounds like something that would happen in my house...we fix one thing and 48 and 1/2 things break after it.

Stephanie- HOLY FISHSICKS! That's so very sad! Praying for you and your friend's family.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to DNA301

hello and good morning

I got some good new this morning from a text from my sister. she just got engaged yesterday. so I have to call her today. today nothing much work out and take dogs for a walk before it get hot here. I have to get all the camp stuff out and clean seen this weekend we are going camp up in the mountains. hope we can find a spot that has water for the dogs.

have a great Tuesday

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps

Congrats to your sister Danielle!! How exciting.

andrea m
Governor
andrea m

Good morning.

I was up early to get a hair cut before work.
I have been feeling so blah lately. I think im just tired.

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to andrea m

Good morning! The visitation wasn't too bad yesterday. It always amazes me how well people handle those, but I think they either compartmentalize it all or they are just numb. Today is the funeral, so we'll see how that goes. Tomorrow is Gregg's MRI and I am so ready for it!

Becky...that's exactly how I feel...I know going through personal stuff that words are so meaningless, but still you offer your sympathies and your help...and pray if they need either they'll take it.

Danielle, congrats to your sister.

Ashley, glad work was better than you thought it was going to be.

Andrea, sorry to hear you've been feeling kind of blah lately. You probably need a break...you are pulled in so many different directions.

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps

I'll be thinking of you guys tomorrow and hoping for good results!!!

andrea m
Governor
andrea m

Stetz glad Greggs mri is finally here. I hope they will figure out something for his seizures.

yes i feel extremely busy with no breaks. Winter will be here soon though and i will have to much of a break lol

Joanie R
Guru
Joanie R
In response to andrea m

Ashley - your post made me laugh out loud. Thanks for the LOL's!

Stephanie - I hope you get some good answers from the MRI.

Danielle - Congrats to your sister. How exciting!

Happy Tuesday, everyone!

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to Joanie R

thanks everyone for congrats my sister. I have to call her and see what up.

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301

Hiya? Today was tough at the lab. I was put on a new bench and I wasn't feeling very confident being there. What's worse was that the person who trained me was on my back every two seconds commenting on everything that I did wrong but not offering any solutions on how to help me do things better. I'm just glad I have tomorrow off so I can decompress and go back on Thursday with a better attitude.

Danielle- Congrats to your sister.

Andrea- Sorry you have the blahs...I hate those!

Stephanie- Hope Gregg's MRI goes well!

andrea m
Governor
andrea m
In response to DNA301

Ashley I am sorry you have such a bad trainer. that is no way to help any one learn.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to andrea m

thanks Ashley . so I will have a new brother-in -law. he is a really nice guy. he ask my dad before ask my sister to marry him. I can't waite for my sister wedding I think it be awhile before they plan a wedding. I have lots of idea for my sister but we will see what happens

Ashley I am sorry you have such a bad trainer. my trainer I love she is so nice but little hard on me.

Stephanie- Hope Gregg's MRI goes well!

Edited by southern lady on 07-27-16 07:39 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301

Hiya? Was off today so my mom, sister, and I (it was just supposed to be my mom and I but my sister had today off too so that happened) went to this place called Highline Park. It's this park that was built on old above ground railroad tracks. You could see the old rails and switches under all the grass and plants, which was kind of very cool. My mom and sister spent most of the day talking to each other while I lagged behind taking pictures and playing Pokémon Go LOL!

Andrea- I'm hoping things will be better next time I have to work in that area but I'm not holding my breath. She's made it pretty clear she's going to be on me until she changes my personality to something she likes.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to DNA301

Andrea, what is beauty bark? I'm familiar with tan bark. I love water features. We have one, but had to drain it because of the drought. Andrea, ITA with Stetz. Being pulled in too many directions can be mentally and physically exhausting.

Stetz, OMG on the accident. How tragic on so many levels. The father must be devastated since it was his "lifelong" gift for his son. I hope the MRI results are good and they can do something to help with the seizures.

Ashley, LOL on being excited about urine. It's always something here, too. Like you said, fix one thing and 48 1/2 others break. My BIL once told us, "Since you're house is 10 years old, you should be done working on it and you can come help with my new house." We laughed and laughed and told him NO.

Danielle, congrats to your sister.

Still very busy around here. Pool table guys come back tomorrow. We have to rehang 2 mirrors, put the kitchen set back, and put all of the knick knacks back. By "all" I mean the knick knacks worthy of coming back downstairs. I want to thin the herd, so to speak. I have a lot of dusting and moving of things to get everything back in the spots I want them in. It will probably take me all month considering the busy schedule I have coming up.

andrea m
Governor
andrea m
In response to Luvmyfam

Jen here the bark you put in flower gardens is called beauty bark. its probably the same think you are calling tan bark.

Danielle any news on the offer you made on the house?

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to andrea m

well tomorrow we are going to go up to the mountains in the afternoon and go camping. hope we can find a place that has water with the dogs.

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301

Hiya? I had my three month performance review today (the lab supervisor took me aside as I was going to lunch and said to see her at the end of the day...I spent the entire afternoon in fear because I couldn't imagine what she wanted to talk to me about)...They don't really review you on your like lab skills...it's more how you work with others in the lab and the hospital. I got a good review but was told that, despite the fact the lead techs find me above and beyond helpful and willing to do anything, I am very quiet. I just need to talk more LOL...it's like school all over again LOL!

Jen- My sister says it's probably easier at this point to move than to fix the house. Sometimes I think she's right since we can't do anything major thanks to the toads who live upstairs.

Andrea- I had no idea that bark had a name! I see it in Home Depot sometimes LOL!

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to DNA301

Andrea, I love how things are called in different parts of the country. Dark brown tan bark is popular out here, but I want to get the nearly-black tan bark for the back yard. It reminds me of Hawaii.

Ashley, that's crazy about the review. Reviews out here focus mostly on job performance. Years ago, when I was a supervisor, we had to also rate people on how they dressed. That was awful. The company didn't pay well, but still expected employees to dress in suits. I once was marked down because my clothes weren't in fashion. I don't think it's legal in CA anymore to rate someone on their clothing or appearance.

andrea m
Governor
andrea m
In response to Luvmyfam

I do understand a dress code and cleanliness. I do not want to be served by someone who looks like they have not bathed in weeks. I also understand work policies of no piercings and cover your tatoos in some situations. I really think it depends on the job. My dh is required to wear certain things and the company provides it all except shoes. We require the girls to not wear anything low cut. They are bending over scooping ice cream. Keep it covered. If a work place wants a certain level of clothing worn they should pay employees well enough to afford it. or provide it.

I think judging weather you are out going or not is stupid. You are getting your job done and you are not working with the public. If you want to work quietly that should be your choice.

Jen I always enjoy the different names things are called even from state to state.

I am so ready for this weekend. I will have to go in 30 min as always but at least i get a break.

The inlaws plan to come labor day weekend. I might pick up an extra shift lol.

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to andrea m

Hiya? Tomorrow's going to be a crazy day...after work, my mom, sister, her husband, my friend, and I are all going to the Mets game because they're retiring Mike Piazza's number (he was just inducted into the Hall of Fame and is, arguably, the most famous NY Met in the last 15 years). It's just getting everyone there before the pre-game ceremony starts at 6:30. I figure I can just bust it from work to the tram....change at home and get going from there (I can't wear baseball gear to work...even on a weekend).

Jen- We have a business casual dress code at the lab...the guys get away with breaking it more often than the girls though.

Andrea- We have a "hair and nails" policy at the lab but it's more for our own safety than anything else. I mean, if you had super long fake nails, you couldn't get your gloves on safely. I understand the need for the hair policy but it so doesn't mean I have to like it LOL!

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to DNA301

Andrea, on picking up an extra shift for LD weekend!

We had to wear these horrid T-Shirts when I worked at a bank. Back in the dinosaur days, when ATMs were first introduced, we had to promote them to skeptical customers. My bank wore T-shirts that said, "Ready When You Are." That was back when se*ual harassment was tolerated by upper management. The customers were extremely forward and rude. We had it better than the girls over at another bank....their T-shirts said, "Grab the Gold."

Weekend plans? We have a wedding for DH's nephew. All five of us will be together. Yay!! It will be nice seeing the relatives. Well....some of them, LOL!

Edited by Luvmyfam on 07-29-16 08:26 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

andrea m
Governor
andrea m
In response to Luvmyfam

Jen have fun at the wedding. Lol on enjoying some relatives.

We are just hanging around the house today. We have been so busy it will be nice to get some stuff done around here.

Ashley have fun at the game.

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to andrea m

Hiya? The baseball game yesterday was an OMG mess! The number retirement ceremony was very cool, even though it was raining. The NY Mets (unlike the NY Yankees) very rarely retire numbers so it was a really big deal (they've only retired four numbers...14, 37, 41, and now 31) for the fans. The rest of the game, however, was a wet, soggy disaster as the team played super badly and got soundly beaten by the Colorado Rockies.

Jen- Have fun at the wedding!

Andrea- Did you get anything around the house done?

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to DNA301

Good morning! Sorry I haven’t been on here, time just gets away from me. Gregg’s MRI results were great…the previous spots were less bright, although slightly larger. The surgeon wanted to go in and see what he could cut out…LOL, but our radiology oncologist thinks it’s just radiation reaction and we should just watch it. We’ll go back on Sept 21 for another MRI. Gregg’s seizures have also stopped. It’ll be a week today since he’s had one. We believe it all had to do with his Dilantin level and once they got the medication adjusted to bring that up, then he stopped having them!

Our weekend was pretty quiet. Saturday morning, DS had football practice, and then he left with his dad on vacation. He’ll be gone until Wednesday. Yesterday, we got his bunk bed moved out of his room and his new twin bed set up. Thanks to a couple of friends who came over and did it! I expected it to take me the next week…and I don’t ask DH to do anything anymore because he just doesn’t. I was thrilled to have it done in a couple of hours!

Ashley, yay on the good review! Just try to be a little more open…I know it’s hard when you aren’t much of a talker, and it’ll probably get easier as time goes by and you get to know your co-workers. Sometimes, people can’t take quietness and they misread it as snobby. I know you are definitely not!

Jen, I didn’t know it was ever legal to rate someone on their clothes. WOW I understand completely having a dress code…and being wrote up or something if you break it…but truly…the fashionability of your outfit?? Give me a break! How was the wedding?

Andrea, it kinda sucks looking forward to the holiday weekend…um…I mean dreading the holiday weekend! Sorry they are coming again…maybe they’ll change their mind and not!

Edited by StarsNSparkles on 08-01-16 05:12 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady

hello and good morning.

well we are back from are camping trip. we left Friday around 12pm and then got up to the mountains. we got the same place we been stay at. got everything up and then my husband wasn't feel great so he lay in the tent. Saturday we went to river where there water was not going to fast for the dogs to play in the water. then went back to the camp site and just stay there and talk about stuff. then my husband wasn't feel great so he lay in the tent and wasn't feel great. it was hot up in the mountains it rain a little then went away. so are camp trip wasn't that great. Sunday woke up and got everything pack up. then when we got home had to wash the dogs then wash clothes and towels. then later on we clean the blow up matters by wash it and then we put the tent up and wash it seen it was dirty. I need to see how we can clean the sleep bags seen they need to be clean. well today I need to clean the inside of the car and wash the car.

Andrea- offer we made on the house wasn't good and someone made a better offer. so we didn't get the house. we just need to keep looking. sorry to here your in laws will be come down labor day.

Jen have fun at the wedding

Stephanie- that great that Gregg’s MRI results were great. that great he not have a lot of seizures have also stopped.

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps

We had our big camping weekend with a bunch of other families from our town. There were around 75 of us this year. It was a blast.

Stetz I'm so glad to hear he's not having seizures anymore!!

andrea m
Governor
andrea m

Becky that sounds like such a fun camping trip.

Danielle sorry camping did not go well and your dh was sick. Oh to bad about the house.

Stetz I am so glad to here gregg is not having seizures and the mri was good. Maybe not having the seizures will make him feel like doing more.

We had a good weekend. DD had a b day party. Ds had friends over. We just hung out and enjoyed being home. dh cleaned his garage, cleaned up from the walkway project,and installed the pump for the water feature. ds mowed the lawn. I cooked a lot for everyone and managed to make several sets of atcs. It was just mellow which was nice.

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to andrea m

Hiya? Today I started training on the body fluids bench...that's everything that's not blood and urine. It's a bit of a hit or miss area in the lab. Today there were only five specimens all day (which was good because I got to practice everything that goes on at that bench) but last week, one tech got thirteen specimens in the eight hour shift. The rest of the week I'm off training and on other benches where I have to work in teams.

Stephanie- That's so awesome to hear that Gregg hasn't had a seizure in a week! It must be such a relief for everyone! I do talk to most of my co-workers but it's hard to just step in the middle of groups and cliques...especially when making small talk is so not something you're good at.

Becky- WOW! That is a lot of people! It must have been a ton of fun!

Andrea- Sounds like you had a good weekend! I was aiming to get some cleaning done but the shelves I bought to organize my Alice in Wonderland mugs were so not what I expected (they're too small) so I'm back to the drawing board.

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps
In response to DNA301

Ashley I wouldn't really worry to much about them wanting you to talk more. It's not like they can do anything to you for being shy. Just do the job the best you can and be a nice person and you'll be fine. Lots of people are shy when they start jobs it takes time to get to know people. I think you are doing great there so don't let it get you down.

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to DNA301

Good morning! Today is my little man's 9th birthday! Unfortunately, I don't even to get to see him b/c he's on vacation with his dad. I did tell him I wanted to call Elias, so he better let me. I'm so sick of having problems with Paul over Elias.

Danielle, sorry to hear that your camping trip wasn't very good. I hope your hubby is doing better now. Sorry about the house too. I know you were really excited about it...but the right one will come along.

Becky...that certainly sounds like it would be a blast! I would love to have something like that in my life!

Andrea, sounds like a very nice weekend...not too much and not too little! I'm glad you enjoyed it!

Ashley, yay for a nice quiet easy day at work! I know what you mean...I haven't made friends much in the last 13 years living here....the friends were made years ago when they all went to school together...and it seems like no one is looking for another. I guess I'm not much out-going when I don't know people either...I can't just walk up to someone and strike up a conversation.

andrea m
Governor
andrea m

Stetz hope you get to talk to elias for his b day. I know you let paul have extra visits.

I woke up with my back killing me. We need a new bed but it is not in the budget right now.

Ashley maybe working in groups will help you to get to know your co workers better. Once you here them talk about stuff you might find things in common.

Edited by andrea m on 08-02-16 06:52 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to andrea m

I did finally get to talk to him...he's not much of a phone person, but at least I got to say Happy Birthday. I give him lots of extras Andrea, but Paul always acts like he is treated so poorly by me and I never let him have Elias. It's really ridiculous what I have to go through with him.

Finally got Dr. appointments all arranged for September, but Gregg and I have to talk tonight. The final MRI report says that they believe one of the lesions is progression of disease, so he needs to decide if he wants to start a different treatment or wait until Sept to see what is going on.

Andrea, sorry about the bed causing back problems. We got a new one last year, and I've never liked it. I miss the old one I had. DH really likes the new one though. The other night, I went and slept in the guest room b/c his snoring was keeping me awake, and I just couldn't deal with it anymore. That bed is like my old one and it was great!

southern lady
Governor
southern lady

Stetz - I hear you on the snoring . my husband snoring and I can't get to sleep so I usally go to the spare bedroom to sleep. I am hope when we get are house I am going to buy a hole new bedroom set and I am going to check some of the matters that I see on tv that might help.

andrea m
Governor
andrea m

my dh snores to but i dont have a guest room . I am stuck making him roll over .

I took friday off of work and dh and i are going to drive to the casino in nevada. We are going to have dinner and maybe play slots. We are not huge gamblers. Monday is our 18 year wedding anniversary. We have stuff going on this weekend so we decided to take friday off and go do something.

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to andrea m

Hiya? Today was super crazy at the lab...we have a "satellite lab" a few streets over (I think it's for STAT chemo patients or something) and the guy who's usually at the lab called sick...except no one noticed it until like 9AM! Everyone had to have their spots shuffled and moved because, suddenly, we were short one person (the lab had to supply a person for 61st street). I wound up being moved from where I was working to the coagulation station but still partly working at the other station too. I was okay with being moved except the person at the station before me had left a mess for me to resolve and that was a little annoying.

Becky- I'm trying my best just to learn what I need to learn to do my job well and I'm just generally nice to everyone as a rule. I've only met one person at this lab who is seriously bothered by the fact I'm polite...but she's bothered by everything about me so I guess it's ok.

Stephanie- Happy birthday to Elias! I'm sorry to hear that Gregg may be showing disease progression. I'm not terribly good at small talk but get me started on a topic I like and I will probably talk your ears off.

Andrea- Sorry to hear your bed is causing you back problems. Enjoy your day with your husband!

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to DNA301

Good morning. So went to WM last night and spent a ton of money! That place will suck you dry! LOL But, I had to buy DS' birthday presents and all the stuff for his party plus all our regular groceries...so it really wasn't too shocking. Other than that, it was a quiet evening. I work today, but then I'm done for the week...I love job sharing! LOL

Andrea...I would love to make DH roll over...I told him last night he doesn't snore if he lays on his side, but he insists on sleeping on his back. You know "because it's the best way to sleep" ugh! Not the best way for me to get any sleep. I probably shouldn't just blame his snoring though...I've been having a really tough time going to sleep lately. The last two nights, I even took sleeping pills, but it didn't help.

That sounds like a wonderful Friday and date to me! I'm glad you are able to do something for your anniversary, even if it's not on the actual day! Congrats to 18 years!

Ashley, I think you are doing great at your new job! Your ability to be moved and roll with the punches is fantastic...and it will pay off eventually!

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps

My dh used to snore bad. But then we figured out he has sleep apnea. Now he sleeps with a CPAP machine. I sleep much better now that he has that.

Andrea happy anniversary. Dh and I are spending the afternoon together next Tuesday for our anniversary. That's the best we could come up with as life is just always so busy.

Last night a friend from work and I went to see Bad Moms it was the best movie I've seen in a long time. My throat hurt from laughing so hard.

andrea m
Governor
andrea m

Becky happy anniversary. Yes we figured doing something is what matters. Our anniversary is on a monday anyway and this just works out.

I heard that movie was pretty funny.

Ashley I would not worry about that one person. It sounds like she is the unfriendly one. Like stetz said you are doing great. Moving around is not freaking you out and you get your job done. Dealing with others messes in the work force is just kinda how things go. Every day i have to deal with messes from the night before.

Stetz b day parties are expensive no matter what. Now my kids are older i dont have to buy all the decorations but it is still spendy. 5 kids at the movie theater with popcorn and soda adds up.
Walmart is a trap though. I rarely go there any more. Its not a convenient stop.

I am trying to save for school clothes. We will go shopping next pay day for clothes and supplies. I will probably go to wal mart for the school supplies. They are the cheapest and have a large selection.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to andrea m

well last night my husband snoring last night but I did get back to sleep. he tells me that I do it but I think not.

well have fun andrea are you going to jackpot? I am not much of a gambler.

andrea m
Governor
andrea m

Danielle yes we are. We dont gamble much but we enjoy the buffet dinner.

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to andrea m

Hiya? Spent the day on "microscope duty" counting white blood cells. Thankfully, I didn't get many actual counts to do...most of them were just scanning to make sure the machine print outs were accurate. They're starting me on oncology patients which are a ton harder than regular patients since they have the weird cells. I found out today that I am allowed to use my vacation time since I've been there for more than two months. I was all set to come home and pick out dates to go to Disney with my mom (we want to do the Halloween party at Magic Kingdom) but my sister and her husband might be going on a month long road trip in September and someone has to watch their dog.

Stephanie- My dad, when he was allowed to drive distances, use to take me to Target and I use to spend all my pocket money in there on stuff...it use to make my mom really annoyed LOL!

Becky- My dad use to snore something terrible but since he's lost a lot of weight and put on oxygen, he doesn't snore anymore. My friend wants to go see "Suicide Squad" this weekend...I'm not a big fan of DC so I'm not sure I want to go.

Andrea- There are some benches at the lab where dealing with messes from the overnight shift are a real possibility. The overnight shift got in trouble recently for holding all blood tubes until 7:50AM and putting them on, leaving the day shift with a back log of work.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to DNA301

Stetz, that is good news about Gregg! I hope the next MRI looks even better. Oh wait.....I just read about the final report. I'm sorry it wasn't all positive. Yay for getting help moving the furniture. Yes....that dress code stuff use to be legal!! I once had an employee who's dress and appearance was perfect, and so was her performance. She was a solid 5 out of 5. My boss made me mark her down as a 4 on dress because it was the only arbitrary thing to rate her on. He wanted no one to get 5's, and that was a request from upper management. In reverse, another employee was horrid in her performance, so I actually gave her highest rating for her dress/appearance. It was more than she deserved, and she complained! She said that she always wears heels with her jeans (jeans weren't even considered acceptable). She wasn't the least worried about her poor work rating. Happy Birthday to Elias! Sorry the ex is being difficult.

Danielle, sorry that DH wasn't feeling well, and so sad about the house offer.

Becky, 75 is a lot!! That must have been so much fun! Happy Anniversary! A Tuesday afternoon is better than nothing. Have a great time. Woot on Bad Moms being good. The trailer is pretty funny.

Andrea, that sounds like a nice, relaxing, and productive weekend. Ug on the backache! I love our temperpedic mattress. It was expensive, but definitely one of our best purchases. Happy Anniversary! Have a blast on Friday.

Ashley, not that you should change your ways, because there is nothing wrong with being quiet, but I wonder if practicing a few opening questions might get people off your case. Just stuff like, "How was your evening/weekend," or "Any weekend plans?" or "how about that crazy weather/commute/etc?". Just openers that prompt the other person to talk about themselves.

The weekend was fun. It was in San Diego. We flew down Saturday, but were late for the ceremony!! I was so embarrassed. I did all I could to be on time, and would have been on time if it were just me and Stephen, but we also had Scott, my BIL and BIL's gf. It was killing me to watch the time tick away, knowing a timely arrival was no longer possible. But, I kept my lip zipped because nothing I could say would be helpful. When we arrived, we walked up to an outdoor wedding, not even knowing it was ours. It was at a huge convention center with multiple weddings and activities going on. As we walked up, the crowd clapped and then the Star Wars theme played as the couple walked back down the aisle. Yep....right wedding, LOL! the reception was great, although Scott and Terry walked into the wrong reception on the way to the right one. It took us about 5 minutes to drag Terry out of there because we couldn't get his attention, LOL! Sunday was a relaxation day. I walked the beach with my coffee, and then when everyone was up (BIL and his gf went to SeaWorld), we grabbed breakfast and then hit the pool. Scott had to catch a train back to LA. Stephen, DH and I relaxed some more in this quiet spa area, then met up with others for dinner, and then sat beachside at a fire pit and waited for the SeaWorld fireworks. Extremely relaxing. I really needed that. We flew back Monday. The hotel service was horrible. They didn't make up our room until 5:15 Sunday, were late to get us in the room Saturday (which contributed to being late to the wedding), and then they didn't leave us towels for Monday morning. Jeez.

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps
In response to Luvmyfam

Jen sounds like an awesome weekend!!!

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to andrea m

• andrea m Said:
Danielle yes we are. We dont gamble much but we enjoy the buffet dinner.

I don't either even when we live in vegas I didn't much gamble olny ones in awhile when friends came visit us and family.

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301

Hiya? I think the heat has cooked the collective brains of the people running the lab LOL! Today I was supposed to be at this position we call "CBC DL" (the person in charge of filtering ALL the results coming from the CBC analyzers) so I made sure to get to work early--- not that I don't get to work early every day ---so I could start clearing out the computer list and not fall behind. I get myself in a good rhythm...when the leads realize they never assigned anyone to the coagulation are (45 minutes into the shift)...so I got moved again LOL! I had one machine down and one moody but I made it through the shift in one piece.

Jen- Star Wars music at a wedding?! That is fishsticking awesome! That is like number one or two on the list of things my mom fears should I ever get married.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to DNA301

Ashley, I love how the last 2 weddings I attended included things the bride and groom love, and not just traditional "expected" things.

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to Luvmyfam

Good morning! Wow…yesterday was busy! I had to take my car in to get looked at and found out the suspension and struts need replaced to the tune of $1200! So not what I wanted to spend money on, LOL, but I really can’t complain much as I’ve had this car since 2010, it has 100K miles, and this is the first I’ve had to put money into it other than the tires and alignment a couple of months ago.

Becky, I don’t know anything about that movie, but I think I need to look it up. I need to find a mom to go see it with too. Happy upcoming anniversary!

Andrea, I don’t do decorations for my kid’s birthday parties, as it is just for family. I quit having friend parties for DD years ago…and I haven’t yet had one for DS…and not sure if I ever will. But, I do feed my family a meal (a tradition my sister started years ago), so it still gets spendy. WM is very convenient for me, and it is the only store in town that has everything and is an all in one stop. I hope you have a great time tonight with DH!

I bought DS’ school supplies yesterday…I think it is getting out of hand. For example, they want 48 wood pencils and 50 mechanical pencils. That’s not even 2 days per pencil…I think that is ridiculous! I think they over-do kids whose parents will actually buy to cover the kids whose parents can't or won't.

Ashley, why can’t you and your mom go to Disney and the other people who live with you watch the dog? It’s a shame you can’t find a friend to go to Disney with and show your sister that her life will not dictate yours. How in the world can your sister even go on a month long road trip…they just went on a trip…don’t they have to work to pay bills?

Jen, wow that sounds like a fabulous weekend!! Ugh on the wedding fiasco…I’m sure they were glad that you showed up, even if you were late. We had friends of ours show up when we were taking the after pictures, LOL, but they got to enjoy the reception. Walking on the beach with coffee reminds me of enjoying coffee on the balcony of the ship…oh, I do miss that! So beautiful and peaceful! I think it is great when couples really personalize their weddings and do stuff that is unique!

southern lady
Governor
southern lady

hello and good morning

well look like it might rain out here. I need to call my mom and tell her when we are come out to California. I can't waite until my sister pick a date for when she gets married. I think they will do it when my sister finish college. I have a lot of idea but I see if she would need help. I am think when they do get married for there wedding gift is make them a scrapbook of there wedding. I am think for there christmas gift is make something with there engaged picture.

stetz- sorry to hear about your car about put a lot of money. i have a old car a 99 and it is run still good there was some stuff it need. but it still runs and my husband is drive that car. it last a long time.

hope everyone has a nice Friday

Edited by southern lady on 08-05-16 05:49 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps

That stinks about the car Stetz. But I guess you are right that you can't complain too much if it's the first $ you've had to put into it! Hopefully it will be the last for awhile.

Ashley - What Stetz said about your sister!!! Seriously there is no way Mike and I could take a month off to vacation. We would both come home to no job! Not to mention what a month of travel costs. Also why did they even get a puppy if they are never home? Maybe they should take it to a kennel like we do with our dogs. I love the place my dogs go to. It's like a little doggie resort. Although it's not cheap.

Rachel made the gymnastics team and started her first night of practice with them last night. She loved it!! I can't believe how hard they work out. I expected her to be exhausted but she was still super excited after 2 hours of training. Aly also started the progressive gymnastics classes this week. She's kind of trying to figure out her thing. It seems she likes the skating better. But she has a year or two to try stuff out and see if there is a team she'd like to join. The skating program actually goes right up thru high and seems really cool.

andrea m
Governor
andrea m

Stetz when my kids were in elementary school that is exactly what the teachers were doing. They would collect all the supplies from the kids and have baskets they went in. When a kid lost a pencil or did not have one they would get one from the basket. My ds came home not even half way thru the school year telling me he had no pencils. I sent him like four packs of pencils. He said all the other kids took them all. I was pissed. I am sorry some kids dont have supplies but i work hard for my kids to have what they need. A lot of years it was a challenge to afford everything on the list. They also wanted us to supply correcting pens and dry erase markers for the teachers. I started buying three packs of the cheapest .99 cent pencils and sending them on the first day. I would then put 3 good quality pencils in ds bag and told him to keep them for himself. I made him ask me when he needed new pencils and i would send a couple more to school. The three packs of cheap stuff was my donation. Community supples make me mad. can you tell?
I am so glad the kids list are smaller now.

Dh should be off work around noon and we plan to leave about 1. I am excited to go do something tonight.

Star wars themed weddings have become pretty popular. I think the new thing is to make your wedding as different as possible. I know joshes cousins plan to be married on may 4th.

andrea m
Governor
andrea m
In response to andrea m

Becky congrats to Rachel.

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps
In response to andrea m

Andrea I agree with you 100% about supplies. I don't even have Aly's list yet as she's in the split class and there is not list. I should really at least get Trevor and Rachel's supplies bought.

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301

Hiya? I was on "microscope duty" again today. It gets a little (very teeny tiny) bit easier to do every time I'm there. The only problem is I'm still very slow so for every one slide I do, the tech next to me does like three. There's this one older tech who can do like six for every one I do but she's been a lab tech for 34 years. I'm excited because I have this weekend off...it's supposed to rain but that's ok since I'm planning on tearing my room apart.

Jen- My sister and her husband used non-traditional music at the church when they got married. My mom and grandmother were very annoyed by that because it wasn't what was expected.

Stephanie- It's less the dog my mom is worried about. My dad's on oxygen 24/7 and my grandmother is pretty much blind in one eye. My dad has assured her that they'll be fine but she worries anyway because if something happens to my dad, my grandmother isn't going to be able to do much.

Becky- Congrats to Rachel for making the gymnastics team! Good for her! The whole thing with my sister and her husband stems from the fact my sister's husband gets jobs through his uncles (he has like 10 of them) so he never has to find a job...and my sister's job is closing down so she'll be out of work in September.

Andrea- The private schools my sister and I attended (and the one where my mom worked most of her career) never did anything like that. The public school where my mom worked did that with the supply lists...and they use to tell the teachers to supply pencils and things when state exams rolled around. I remember one year my mom had me collect up all my old markers because she didn't have any for her class.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to DNA301

Stetz, ouch on the car expense!!

Terry and I realized that when my car dies, we may not have to by another one. We have the bikes and the corvette, but drive neither in the rain. With him working at home, I could take the one car in the rain. If he needs a ride, he can use uber or we can plan ahead of time. Hopefully we don't get to that point for a long time to come.

Becky, congrats to Rachel. It sounds like both girls have found great activities. It will be interesting to see which Aly likes best.

We rarely had community supplies for my kids. Everyone had to send in their own, but a lot of stuff got stolen, lost, etc. There were a few teachers who requested community supplies in the beginning, but it wasn't a requirement. I know the teachers bought supplies with their own money for the kids who had nothing. I only got ticked off at the parents who had the money, but refused to send in anything at all.

Ashley, it sounds like getting away with your mom will be difficult for a while because of health issues for your father and grandmother. Terry and I went through a long period like that with relatives. I remember one time ordering adult diapers for delivery while in line for the Indiana Jones ride, LOL! Another trip we had to cut short because of a perceived emergency with a care home. It was dumb and something we should have been able to take care of over the phone. It was frustrating.

Yesterday I went to the scrap expo with a friend. It was a great time. This expo was small, I think less than 35 vendors. I thought of Andrea a lot because there seemed to be an emphasis on stamping and cards. A few vendors were promoting the Misti. I liked the Queen and Co booth. They had some darling shaker card stuff, but I didn't buy any.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to Luvmyfam

hello and good morning

yesterday we went to the movies. then when we left the movies my mom call and told us about a house to look at that she found online. so we went to look at and look nice but one car garage but I think if we like this house maybe put something on the side of the garage for another car. so my husband going to call the realtor and see if we can make apt to see the inside of it. so we will see what happens. today I am going take dogs for a walk and work out. I am going to do a craft fair in are town in oct I have to fill out the information and pay for it.

hope everyone has a nice Monday

andrea m
Governor
andrea m

Jen the teachers never informed parents that they were doing community supplies they just did it. glad you enjoyed the expo.

I think stamping and card making are huge come back right now. It seems more and more people are doing it again. I spent hours working on a card and just hate it lol. I am trying some thing different this morning before work.

Today is dh and my 18th wedding anniversary. It does not seem like it has been that long. I guess thats a good thing lol.

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to andrea m

Good morning! We had DS' 9th birthday party Saturday night, and it was good. My great nephew is so darn adorable. He didn't want to go home, so he decided to hide in DS' play tent, but when his dad looked in, he put his head down and started crying. He kept running to people to save him from having to go home. He's 2...so you know.

Danielle…those sound like good gifts, but you may want to switch it. Do the engagement book for their wedding and the wedding book for Christmas. You’ll have the engagement pics before the wedding, but you won’t have the wedding pics, so you wouldn’t be able to give them a gift at their wedding.

Becky, yay on Rachel making the team and loving it! I think the ice skating program would be really cool…we don’t have that here.

Andrea, our supply list is huge until the kids get into High School. I was looking through the other grades the other day to see how ridiculous they are. I don’t mind helping other kids/families with extra stuff…I just think it is ridiculous how they want the name brand #2 pencils that cost $4.47 for a pack of 24. What is wrong with the off brand? They shouldn’t be able to dictate that kind of stuff. I have to supply 8 Expo markers too. I have to supply a lot, LOL! Happy anniversary!!! 18 years is fabulous! I’m starting to doubt I’ll ever see that!

Ashley, keep cool…you’ll get faster as time goes by.

Jen…I wish my DH would cut down on a vehicle. He has an old truck and a newer car…barely drives either b/c he works from home. The old truck always needs something fixed and I’m tired of putting money into it. I’ve tried to get him to sell both and get a nicer truck. He refuses. They don’t tell us the supplies are community supplies, but I know it is. Why else would they ask for 98 pencils for one school year. Glad you had a great time at the scrap expo. One of these days…I’ll get to go to one.

Edited by StarsNSparkles on 08-08-16 09:23 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps

Trevor had tryouts for baseball this weekend. We don't find out what team he made for a week or two so I can stress about that for awhile.

I just bought his supplies at lunch. I decided to do one kid a day so I could keep the stuff separate. He had absolutely nothing for writing on the list. I bought some pencils just in case. His list was actually really small. Now Rachel's is huge.

Happy Anniversary Andrea!!!

southern lady
Governor
southern lady

• StarsNSparkles Said:
Good morning! We had DS' 9th birthday party Saturday night, and it was good. My great nephew is so darn adorable. He didn't want to go home, so he decided to hide in DS' play tent, but when his dad looked in, he put his head down and started crying. He kept running to people to save him from having to go home. He's 2...so you know.

Danielle…those sound like good gifts, but you may want to switch it. Do the engagement book for their wedding and the wedding book for Christmas. You’ll have the engagement pics before the wedding, but you won’t have the wedding pics, so you wouldn’t be able to give them a gift at their wedding.

Becky, yay on Rachel making the team and loving it! I think the ice skating program would be really cool…we don’t have that here.

Andrea, our supply list is huge until the kids get into High School. I was looking through the other grades the other day to see how ridiculous they are. I don’t mind helping other kids/families with extra stuff…I just think it is ridiculous how they want the name brand #2 pencils that cost $4.47 for a pack of 24. What is wrong with the off brand? They shouldn’t be able to dictate that kind of stuff. I have to supply 8 Expo markers too. I have to supply a lot, LOL! Happy anniversary!!! 18 years is fabulous! I’m starting to doubt I’ll ever see that!

Ashley, keep cool…you’ll get faster as time goes by.

Jen…I wish my DH would cut down on a vehicle. He has an old truck and a newer car…barely drives either b/c he works from home. The old truck always needs something fixed and I’m tired of putting money into it. I’ve tried to get him to sell both and get a nicer truck. He refuses. They don’t tell us the supplies are community supplies, but I know it is. Why else would they ask for 98 pencils for one school year. Glad you had a great time at the scrap expo. One of these days…I’ll get to go to one.

I am not doing a wedding book until they figure out when they will have the wedding. I was think of doing something little when he has her to marry her. my sister has a pic of him asking here and I was think maybe do a picture frame with that pic and the date.

andrea m
Governor
andrea m

I dont mind helping kids who need supplies when it is a choice. Be realistic on the supplies and then ask for any one who would like to donate extra to the class.

Thanks everyone for the anniversary wishes.

dds laptop screen broke now i have to get two new laptops this year. Ugg i swear its always something.

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to andrea m

Hiya? For like the past week and a half, my beagle has been acting completely insane. He was knocking people over to get onto the back porch (the only part of the yard that's fenced in). He's been barking endlessly, leading to my dad and grandmother screaming at him. Tonight we found out the cause of his strange behavior. We have an opossum living in the yard! It was on the back porch tonight and the dog was in the house flipping out and my mom went to look and there it was! We tried calling animal control but, for some reason, they transferred us to the police department...who didn't come LOL!

Jen- It would be a lot easier on my mom if my sister and her stupid husband could just stay here while we're away but they won't do that...and no one wants to say anything to put them out.

Becky- Sorry you have to stress over what team Trevor made. I hope he makes a good one!

Andrea- Ick on the broken laptop screen!

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps
In response to DNA301

You would think the least your sister could do is stay with your dad and grandma when you and your mom go on vacation. It's not like you don't watch their dog enough. But she is a selfish person and that will never change.

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles

Good morning. Last night was just a relaxing evening. Those are always nice.

Becky, fingers crossed that he gets on a great team! That's smart to do one a day. I should count my lucky stars that I only have to buy supplies for one kid! Our Sunday school class sponsored 2 kids, but that is split between 5 of us, so not too bad.

Andrea, I agree. I would donate more if they were honest about it. I just don't like that they make it seem like everything I'm buying is just for my kid. Ugh on the laptop. Do they have to have them for school? Mine haven't...DDs never had a laptop, she just uses my computer if she needs one.

Ashley, how annoying on the possum and the dog acting up. I'm glad you figured out what it was though.

andrea m
Governor
andrea m

Stetz yes they are required to have a laptop or chrome book. We can rent them for $25.00 from the school but they are not the best. The kids will probably have to start with a school chrome book and then i will get them each one as i have the money. dds screen is about 100 to replace but the whole laptop was 300. It frustrates me that replacement parts cost so much.

Ashley i am sorry but i am laughing hysterically that you would call animal control for a mole. I guess its a new york thing. If you called anywhere i lived they would laugh you right off the phone. In wa moles are all over everyone's yard. You might have to buy a trap.

DD has a physical for high school sports this morning. they require a new one freshman and junior year. She has tryouts for volleyball Friday and sat. There are a lot of girls trying out that have played a lot longer than her. I am proud of her for trying though.

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps
In response to andrea m

Funny you say that Andrea as I snickered a little too! We certainly don't call anyone for help with things like that where I live either. But I'm sure it's just he difference of living in a big city and not. We had a possum in our driveway once a few years ago. I told dh that I finally realize what playing possum means as he just frozen and stared at me. I left him be and he disappeared as soon as I went in the house. But I live in the country so wildlife comes with the territory. I am a bit freaked that a pack of wolves killed someone in our neighborhoods sheep recently. Why people think we need to save the wolves is beyond me. Sheep are one thing but what if one attacks a child.

andrea m
Governor
andrea m

Becky i agree. A lot of the wolves people want to save are not even meant to be in the areas they are in. Some one thought moving them there would be a good idea and now they are devastating wildlife.

My parents have moles all over their 5 acres. They are always trapping them. Growing up it was pretty common to see. moles, beaver, elk, deer, bear, opossum, coyotes, raccoons, rabbit, and other small animals. that is why i had to laugh. I am sure in New york it is not so common.

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to andrea m

Hiya? My dad is outside trying to find "Phil" (yes, my sister named the opossum)...he wanted me to come with him but I told him I'm staying in the house and he'd just better not get bitten. I don't know why he'd go out and try to find the thing LOL!

Andrea- It's a city thing LOL! We're use to city wildlife--- squirrels, rats/mice, feral cats, assorted birds ---but not opossums! That was the very last thing we were expecting to find at our window yesterday!

Becky- You have wolves where you live?! That would scare the life out of me!

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to DNA301

Happy Anniversary, Andrea! Ug on the broken laptop screen.

Happy Birthday to Elias! Stetz, your nephew sounds adorable.

Ashley, LOL on the possum. That is hilarious that he's been named, "Phil." I saw one sauntering across my garage floor one day. I had to look up a picture of one to confirm that's what it was.

That seems very annoying that teachers would ask for name-brand supplies for community use. Frankly, some name-brands aren't that great. I use a pencil a lot for work, and I'm picky about which ones I use. I can't recall the brand that I have, but I'm fairly certain it's not name brand. I use dollar-store pens because there are never enough pens in the work supply cabinet.

Becky, how scary about the wolves! We see the occasional coyote or fox, but never a pack, and probably never a wolf.

We've been getting a lot of skunks. I haven't seen any, but we can sure smell them. Yuck.

We are slowly putting our house back together. We are dusting, cleaning and purging as we go, so it will take a while. We had all sorts of knick knacks in our china hutch that I had to pack up. I am now putting china, wine glasses, serving plates, etc. back in the cabinet. It looks 95% better now. I would love to take a day off and put everything where it belongs. Then again, I only stopped tonight because my back got sore, so I am probably best off doing things a bit at a time.

Edited by Luvmyfam on 08-09-16 07:49 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps
In response to Luvmyfam

The teacher excuse for certain pencils at our school is that they sharpen better. Not all teacher request them but I'm pretty sure they all prefer them.

I've never seen a wolf and Mike hasn't ever gotten one on his deer camera. I'd rather not run into one!

Yesterday I took the afternoon off and we went to lunch and shopping for the afternoon for our anniversary.

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles

Good morning! So yesterday was eventful with Elias getting a trip to the ER. He was playing at his dad's in sandals while his dad was digging potatoes and ran into a pitchfork. One of the prongs went right into his foot between his two smallest toes. He only had to get one stitch though. He woke me up at 4 AM from the pain, so I got him some meds, and he watched TV until they kicked in and he could get back to sleep. I'm pretty sad that they want him to not do football for 10 days, which leads right up to his first game, so he probably won't get to play.

Andrea, I'm glad those aren't required for mine. Someday, they may for Elias, but I've gotten quite lucky with the older two. It is ridiculous how much any replacement on a laptop cost.

Becky, we'd shoot a wolf on our property if it posed a danger. The safety of my children come first! I'm glad they have finally opened up bobcat hunting, those things have gotten out of control. Sounds like a nice afternoon off...I'm glad you got to do something. DH's and mine is the 23rd, but we haven't talked about doing anything. We'll probably just go out to dinner the night before.

Ashley, I personally don't blame your family for calling animal control on a possum...it's a whole different story having a small back porch compared to a large lot of land in the country. Those things are mean too! Did your dad at least have something to kill it with if he found it?

Jen, yay on getting your house back together! I love that...the finality of everything being done and just getting to enjoy it! We are starting the tile work in our master bath today. It's annoying b/c I have to move out of it for a week, but it'll be so nice to have it finished. He's also going to patch the ceiling in the living room and get the tile laid by the back door, so then we'll be able to get the carpet finished and get the last of the furniture ordered. Then that'll be finally done!

andrea m
Governor
andrea m

Stetz poor Elias. I bet he is bummed about football too.
Stetz are you getting any free time to yourself now that you have a couple days off each week?

Becky when I was a kid my mom shot a bobcat on our property. It was trying to get our chickens and then kept coming up to our sliding glass door and trying to claw at it. I was small but remember it well because i yelled to my mom look at the kitty cat as i tried to open the door. She slammed it fast and locked it. It would not leave and my oldest brother was going to be coming home from school. She got her gun and shot it.

Ashley did your dad get the opossum?

Jen i bet it feels great to be de cluttering and getting rid of stuff. I always feel better when i do that.

andrea m
Governor
andrea m
In response to andrea m

Happy anniversary Becky. Was your anniversary yesterday?

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps
In response to andrea m

Yes. Which day is yours?

That sounds scary Andrea.

Poor Elias. That stinks about him not being able to play football.

andrea m
Governor
andrea m

ours was the 8th.

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps
In response to andrea m

Ok so the day before. I think we discuss this every year. I feel like someone's was the same day as ours. Maybe it was Alissa or Mandi.

andrea m
Governor
andrea m

lol i think we do to. I know stetz and i have the same b day.

andrea m
Governor
andrea m
In response to andrea m

I just finished registering the kids for school online. Next weekend will be shopping. Im not ready for back to school. The summer seemed short.

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps
In response to andrea m

I did that on the 1st when it opened up for registration here. We are going shopping the 19th as I have no sitter and had to take the day off anyway. I can't believe it's almost time either. Although I'm ready as my kids are fighting like cats and dogs. I think a little too much togetherness! When do your kids start? Ours start September 1st.

andrea m
Governor
andrea m

we start Aug 29th. They are starting earlier this year for some reason.

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to andrea m

Geesh, my kids start Tuesday. I'm definitely not ready for school to start...the summer seemed way short. I told someone the other day that I must be the weirdest mom on the planet b/c I don't want summer to end.

I haven't had free time yet as my days off have been really busy so far. I'm sure I'll get that though when school does start back up. I've been thinking about volunteering at DS' school one day a week, but I'm just not sure yet.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady

hello there

well I am going to do a craft fair out here that is in oct I had to do a application and today I am going to pay for it. nothing much going on today. tomorrow we might go see this other house. it has a nice backyard and it has a little tool room.

Stetz- sorry to hear about your son foot. that must of hurt. read it sound like it was bad. hope he feel better.

everyone else have a nice Wednesday

andrea m
Governor
andrea m

Stetz I loved volunteering in my kids class when they were in grade school. even if you cant go every week maybe you can find some other things to help with at school.

Maybe you will get your scrap room organized and we will see some of your pretty work hint hint lol.

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to andrea m

Hiya? Had a rough day at the lab...the person who was my trainer today and yesterday, she hates training people and is very nasty. She openly tells people she has no patience for teaching...so obviously I've had her as a trainer at every single station except two. She's just utterly unhelpful...like she'll tell me I'm doing something wrong but, when I ask why, she just snaps at me and won't tell me. She just has me do it again and again until I figure it out myself.

Jen- I'm not super picky about pencils but I will ONLY use black pens. Blue pens bother me for some reason. Awesome on getting your house together. That's my mom's main goal in life but every time she gets one room done, two more are a mess.

Becky- Happy anniversary! The public school my mom worked in, they banned mechanical pencils for a while. I think it had something to do with state exams and them not erasing cleanly or something.

Stephanie- Poor Elias! I hope he's in less pain now. Nope..my dad had nothing to kill the opossum. He just wanted to go out and find it to see it. My grandmother use to volunteer at my grade school. I'm like 90% sure she was more popular than me LOL!

Andrea- The kids here don't start until like Sept. 9th...then promptly have a days off for a Muslim holiday and two Jewish holidays.

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to DNA301

Good morning. Elias' foot is doing better as far as pain. He was able to walk out on the football field and stand for practice. He didn't do anything, but watching and learning is always helpful. He was in pain this morning, but I think that's just from 8 hours of immobility during sleep.

Danielle, what kind of application do they require for a craft fair? Is it one you are going to sell stuff at?

Andrea, the school is asking for volunteers and say they will work with whatever time you have to spare. They've had to let go of a lot of staff due to budgets, so they'll take whatever help they can get. I asked DS and he said he'd like for me to. The only way I'll ever be able to get in my scraproom is when I hire someone to build me a table and shelves. It's just too crowded in there and I can't work like that.

Ashley, it's extremely annoying to be trained by someone like that...but honestly, I learn best by trial and error...or making a mistake and having to fix it...so maybe in the long run it will be better for you. So, what was your dad going to do if he found it? Those things are really mean and will tear you up if they feel cornered. He should be really careful. I wish my kids didn't start until Sept. 9.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady

• StarsNSparkles Said:
Good morning. Elias' foot is doing better as far as pain. He was able to walk out on the football field and stand for practice. He didn't do anything, but watching and learning is always helpful. He was in pain this morning, but I think that's just from 8 hours of immobility during sleep.

Danielle, what kind of application do they require for a craft fair? Is it one you are going to sell stuff at?

Andrea, the school is asking for volunteers and say they will work with whatever time you have to spare. They've had to let go of a lot of staff due to budgets, so they'll take whatever help they can get. I asked DS and he said he'd like for me to. The only way I'll ever be able to get in my scraproom is when I hire someone to build me a table and shelves. It's just too crowded in there and I can't work like that.

Ashley, it's extremely annoying to be trained by someone like that...but honestly, I learn best by trial and error...or making a mistake and having to fix it...so maybe in the long run it will be better for you. So, what was your dad going to do if he found it? Those things are really mean and will tear you up if they feel cornered. He should be really careful. I wish my kids didn't start until Sept. 9.

well she sent it to me like my names and address and there are size of booth you want and what time to set the booth up. yea which is not until oct1. so my husband help me.

Page 5 of 21 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics