Username Post: Bazzill Cardstock        (Topic#1662413)
suziew 
New Kid On the Block

I'm looking for a heavy weight cardstock for Christmas cards. I used to always buy Bazzill but it seems I could some in the last year or so and it wasn't as heavy. I'm looking at the 12x12 Bazzill Classic Texture in Cardinal.

I'm wondering if some or all of the weight were changed after Bazzill was sold.

Thank you for any info.
Suzie
Products Referenced in This Post:

jaxxan
jaxxan 
Mayor
jaxxan
In response to suziew

I agree it seems harder to find heavier card stock these days. My Mind Eye has some that is 100 weight both in packages and open stock here on the site! It is marketed under "My Colors"

The "heavy weight" is 100. I ordered some regular card stock and it was a little heavier than what I have gotten from Bazzil but not much! I think 100 would have been nice!

Tenant
In response to jaxxan

I take card classes and the instructor always uses 100 lb cardstock for the card bases. They are well worth the price. Bazzill was bought out by American Crafts and is thinner now (probably 65 lb). It is sad because I used to love it! I still use Coredinations. But it works for certain applications and card bases aren't one of them because they tend to crack when you score them.

retread216
New Kid On the Block
retread216
In response to suziew

Yes, after Bazzill was sold to American Crafts, they changed the weight and quality. However, My Minds Eye is now selling cardstock made at the same American paper mills that the original Bazzill was using. It's been hard for MME to start gettng people to notice but I would definately go that route.

CoolCath
Governor
CoolCath
In response to retread216

How sad American Crafts also bought Bo Bunny and there doesn't seem to be anything new from them either.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics