Page 1 of 3 
Username Post: June Budget Challenge        (Topic#1662439)
Ladybing Tammy
Angel
Ladybing Tammy

Details:
We're here to try to stay within limits on our scrappy/crafty spending, though we have plenty of enabling going on! We take turns hosting (whomever has time that particular month) as it gets a bit chaotic sometimes! We are a chatty bunch of savers and enablers! (Mostly enablers!)

The rules: List your scrappy budget for the whole month. Then list the high priority items that you want to buy this month!
OPTIONAL: List something you are NOT allowed to buy all month! (Forty lashes with a piece of wet twine if you cave in on that one!)

Tell us how much you spend throughout the month, and keep track of it as you spend. We like details about your shopping around here. No such thing as TMI! You do not have to include costs for adhesives, swaps, storage, gifts or shipping, unless you want to. Please round to the nearest dollar value.

Please enable and tempt us to buy the wonderful items we want....but don't tempt us to bust our budget!!!

Whatever works for you - a no buy challenge, a do this many layouts before I spend this much - whatever goes as long as there is some aspect of a budget involved. And yes we all bust now and then...no wet noodle flogging here.

Soooo I was plenty generous last month so this month back to basics - do you NEED it? REALLY?

Tammy - £50
Amanda - $50 plus $50 gc
Sharon - $150
Chris - $30
Karen - $100
Tina - $50 plus her gift card
Kelly - $50

Sonja- $20 cause she already spent too much
Janeen - $200

Edited by Ladybing Tammy on 06-07-16 11:45 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Ladybing Tammy
Angel
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Ladybing Tammy

My budget this month will be £50
Wishlist - only things for my UFO (UnFInishedObjects), Thickers
Twist - whatever I buy must be useful for a current project

Scrapanda
Queen
Scrapanda

Ok I am currently working on a two page layout and they are numbers 98 & 99 for me so SURELY I will complete by 100 page no buy challenge in June! Sheesh! Taking me forever this year! My budget will be $50 (I have an additional $50 gift card to use too).

Wishlist: brown washi, black ink, paper, paper and more paper....

Ladybing Tammy
Angel
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Scrapanda

yay Amanda - you did so very well!

There is still a day left in May - you may actually get it done in May!

Scrapanda
Queen
Scrapanda

Potentially but I've got to run out for some errands and an appointment soon and then I work tomorrow so we shall see!

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to Scrapanda

I'm in of course, it keeps me focused on what I spend even if it does not keep me from spending. I did get a little nervous this month with so many free days......especially when they are not so free just mind games. I still had to keep myself from "overdoing" the free period.

Who am I kidding? I might as well go with $150 as that is about what I spend each month, that is usually EVERYTHING even the exempt things.

Wish list - maybe a few Heidi Swapp texture paste colors or more Art screens.....if I find any I like.

Twist - Use everything I buy.... at least once in June!

Ladybing Tammy
Angel
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Sewflake

Sharon I really like your twist. This thread is really all about being aware.

Chris Aiton
Expert
Chris Aiton

Hi to everyone,
I used to scrap quite a bit but have been doing other things in the past 5 years, but last month (May) I felt the compulsion to scrap again SO I spent $203 on supplies: paper;, Prima flowers; Finnabair rust pastes, stamps, and mechanicals; alphas and glimmer mists (from Tuesday Morning); little wood boxes etc. to alter; and washi tapes. I had from before acrylic paints, inks, and a few papers and flowers. I think I did 10 layouts/canvases in May, especially for NSD challenges. So my unrealistic goal for June is not to buy anything, but I am really tempted by some of the texture mediums, gold rub-ons, and funky Finnabair acrylic paints so I will set a realistic goal of $30. I see so many new things that have come out since I was scrapping before that it will be quite a challenge not to buy much. I hope to do at least 2 layouts or canvases a week so that's 9-10 for June.

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to Chris Aiton

Welcome Chris! If you were able to purchase most of your stuff from TM's then you got some great bargains and stretched your budget much further. I took a fast look at your gallery (I am new to this forum since you were last here) and fell in love with your daughter of a hero canvas. Love what you did with pattern paper. I have decades old patterns that I want to memorialize in a layout so I can get rid of those boxes of patterns but still have a visual reminder... great inspiration!

We all try to stay within our budget but are great enablers!!!

Headed out this morning to the book store and Big Lots...with DGS. Now that I have TM on the brain

hereiam
Diva
hereiam
In response to Sewflake

I'm in. Let's see if I can do better this month than last!

My budget is $100 - after I do 10 more pages.
My wishlist would be .... all the pretty things! LOL But really it would be pieces of collections I'm missing/wanting. For example single sheets of specific designs and any of the little pieces that go with those collections. But no new collections!!
My twist is that it must be for a current project. And black cardstock!

But I'm really going to see if I can make it all month without spending! We'll see how that goes.

Edited by hereiam on 05-31-16 12:19 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

hereiam
Diva
hereiam
In response to Scrapanda

• Scrapanda Said:
Ok I am currently working on a two page layout and they are numbers 98 & 99 for me so SURELY I will complete by 100 page no buy challenge in June! Sheesh! Taking me forever this year! My budget will be $50 (I have an additional $50 gift card to use too).

Wishlist: brown washi, black ink, paper, paper and more paper....

You're almost there!!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to hereiam

Welcome Chris

I will set my budget at $50 in addition to my gift cards.
Nothing on my wishlist at this point.

Ladybing Tammy
Angel
Ladybing Tammy
In response to tinadn

welcome Chris. Ladies, it was gym night so am wiped - will update tomorrow. But tomorrow is June 1 anyway so i won't be late!

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui

Amanda, you are so very close!!!! You rock!

Hi Chris, welcome to the group.

Karen, good twist!

Hi Tammy, Sharon, Tina, and Sonja! Hope you are all doing well.

I'm in as usual.

Budget: $50 (and I'm going to try really hard not to bust)
Wish: Almost anything that strikes my fancy
Twist: No paper!! UGH! That kills me to type, but I am so over saturated with paper right now that I have no place at all to squeeze in another sheet. Even though I've been quite crafty lately my input far exceeds my output. Just for giggles I've been documenting every last little thing I use on cards and LOs, and let me tell you, it's not a lot. Last week my preorder came in, and there were three lovely collection packs in that box. That is 42 sheets of patterned paper, and I haven't used up 42 patterned sheets of paper yet this year. **Sigh** I blame it all on Bo Bunny and KaiserCraft...

Ladybing Tammy
Angel
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Kamananui

Kelly - are you sure you didn't miss a 100 in there somewhere?

Okay everyone should be on the front page up to here (we are still looking for Sonja but life has been very busy for her)

Right 1 day down, 29 more to go...

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake

One day is well on it's way to being done and with that last minute run to TM's yesterday were I picked up a new paper pad I should be good for a couple of days at least!!

Ladybing Tammy
Angel
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Sewflake

I sure hope so! How is your Mom doing?

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake

Thanks for asking, She is progressing OK, still very slow but that is to be expected. We are trying out some home care people next week to come in a couple of days for light housekeeping and help preparing meals.... mom doesn't think she needs much help.

hereiam
Diva
hereiam
In response to Kamananui

• Kamananui Said:
Amanda, you are so very close!!!! You rock!

Hi Chris, welcome to the group.

Karen, good twist!

Hi Tammy, Sharon, Tina, and Sonja! Hope you are all doing well.

I'm in as usual.

Budget: $50 (and I'm going to try really hard not to bust)
Wish: Almost anything that strikes my fancy
Twist: No paper!! UGH! That kills me to type, but I am so over saturated with paper right now that I have no place at all to squeeze in another sheet. Even though I've been quite crafty lately my input far exceeds my output. Just for giggles I've been documenting every last little thing I use on cards and LOs, and let me tell you, it's not a lot. Last week my preorder came in, and there were three lovely collection packs in that box. That is 42 sheets of patterned paper, and I haven't used up 42 patterned sheets of paper yet this year. **Sigh** I blame it all on Bo Bunny and KaiserCraft...

What a fabulous idea! I think I might try to keep track of what I've used. It that really intrigues me to see what I have used/what's come in and where I stand. Good idea! Although, I might just start with patterned paper since that's probably my biggest love as well. We'll see how it goes in June

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to hereiam

I already spent...

Had things in my cart, saw the 10% off Memorial Day sale and went for it. Sorry not sorry. I needed the therapy!

I'll be back tonight or tomorrow to 'fess up to last month's last few days...

Suffice it to say I'm here and for the rest of June, my budget is $20!!! I need nothing and nothing needs me! And I'm going to try to keep it to only essentials!!! I got my page protectors last month and only need glue now (yes I know it doesn't count, but for me it does!)

BBL to CU on chatter! Missed you ladies!!! SMOOCHES!

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to SonjaC

Karen, tracking your usage will really be quite eye opening. At least for me it was. I was shocked to find out how very little patterned paper I use, but I buy so much of it. At this rate I have enough to last 5 lifetimes or longer.

Sonja, you already shopped? What did you get?

Sharon, which paper pad did you pick up. I need to live vicariously through everyone elses paper purchases.

Tammy, no extra 100s for me. :/

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to Kamananui

I think I too will pick up the gauntlet and keep track of the in put out put for the month of June. Sounds like an interesting way to do a little research into how I use what I purchase.

The pad of paper I purchased is an quite interesting collection of 38 double sided papers were no two designs are alike...so it is like having 76 paper designs to choose from!!
Scrapbook & collage papers - European Collection by TweetyJill Publications. Never heard of them. I should have it finished today to post. Some of the papers look like some I picked up years and years ago.

Chris Aiton
Expert
Chris Aiton
In response to Sewflake

Sadly our Tuesday Morning is next door to the Publix (grocery store) that I go to each Thursday so it's very hard to keep myself from just going in for a peek. I did succumb today and, Sharon, I saw the paper pad you bought - pretty cool! I saw several things I considered but am very happy to say I was able to leave the store without buying anything. So 2 days down.....just 28 days left. Tomorrow I work at a used book store so I won't have any time to shop.

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

I wish I had a Tuesday Morning that was convenient for me. It's 40 miles away and out in the middle of nowhere.

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake

Fortunately for me Chris our store does not always have much of a selection for scrapping that I am interested in, so I can go, usually, weeks and weeks between visits. But when I make a stop right after they are stocked... well Katie bar the door!!!

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to Sewflake

Well that sucks Tina!! Road trip!!! In fact my hygienist asked me to make a trip with her to our LSS that is 45 miles away. We are going later in the month so I better save some of my budget!! Like a major portion!!

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to Sewflake

GAAH, way to call me out on the front page, Tammy!!! Where's my do-over when I need it?!?! No loophole in your back pocket? Nuts... my timing sucks! LOL

OMG Amanda that is SO inspiring (and a little daunting)!!! Way to go and I am SURE you'll get that last couple done this month (if not already)! You are a scrapping hurricane!

LOVE that twist, Sharon! I might use it too... Add THAT to my notes, Tammy!

Welcome Chris! Sounds like you fit right in with this bunch of hooligans ladies!

Kelly, I'm almost embarrassed to share what all I got as it was NOTHING I actually needed! Just wants! And I could easily have spent more, but the actual amount stopped me... It was $50 before shipping...

Now to 'fess up... the last week of May I went for bust, like I lost count bust. I had to go to Ms for some supplies for a project my boss has me working on, but I saw all their color wash stuff on 50% off plus another 20% off that. Well that was just too good so I got some stuff. Two ombre ink pads, pack of flowers, pillar of ombre washi tape (OMG I know!!!!), and a pack sheet protectors and plain white paper that I actually needed. I did get other stuff, but it didn't count because it was Deco stuff as I'm doing a picture collage on our stairway finally. If I don't create a Pinterest Fail you'll all get to see it! LOL

Oh and then I ordered from Reneabouquets again... Blue Fern chippie, glitter glass, 3 of her beautiful butterfly packs and some wood pieces. I had planned to do a mixed media canvas frame for her May challenge, but I just didn't find the time. Hey, I scrapped six pages last month! That's a record!!

Which leads me to my budget...
Budget: $20 AFTER TWIST!!
Wishlist: Prima flowers, prima leaves die, sizzix dies
Twist: Absolutely no spending until 5 pages completed.

Now... here's what I got yesterday:
Products Referenced in This Post:

Ladybing Tammy
Angel
Ladybing Tammy
In response to SonjaC

Happy Friday all!

Sonja love - did you do this spending in May or June? And you did 6 pages last month so yay because you are using your stuff!

Chris - I live in the UK so no Tuesday Mornings other than the kind i don't want to get up to or anything fun like other stores, otherwise I would be on that busted couch a whole lot more with a margarita pitcher and my atg gun (because it just feels kinda cool)

Chris Aiton
Expert
Chris Aiton

Joining this challenge was a bad idea for me - I had never heard of Reneabouquets before until I read Sonya's comments - oh dear! someone else who loves flowers and embellishments as much as I do. I looked at Reneabouquets' website and then liked her FB page - such inspiration - this is definitely going to take some willpower.
I have been visiting all of your galleries and really enjoying seeing everyone's great layouts and projects. Lots of ideas and inspiration!

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake

I know, right!!! And you thought this was all about not spending $ Chris!! I get lots and lots of inspiration from Reneabouquets! Fortunately or unfortunately I have quite a bit of fancy lace (from previous years) that I need to use before drooling over more at Reneabouquests but Oh I saw some lace I would love to have on a tag made by LauralsAttic!!

Day three and no spending for me yet this month and it looks like it is going to be a busy weekend helping DS2 and family move to have time to shop. What with every thing else that is going on...... I better get to making dinner for DS1 and DIL tonight then taking them to the airport plus other stuff...... got to run.

Have great week end all.

Ladybing Tammy
Angel
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Sewflake

oh Chris - but I am the hardliner - resist! If you must purchase more -you must use something first

I think that will be the theme this month...

hereiam
Diva
hereiam

Happy Friday! I have made it to the first Friday without buying anything! I added several things to my wishlist on sb.com but nothing in the cart and nothing bought. Whew! That's a tough three days! LOL

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to hereiam

Seeing the haul Sonja made (this month/last month??) it is even harder to resist!! It could also be that I don't have time/inclination to scrap right now so if I'm not scrapping then I start looking. Just need to keep busy so I don't look!!!

Reminder to self, I am going in two weeks to a very nice scrapbook store with a fellow scrapper.......keep that in mind.

Keep calm and scrap on ladies!!

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to Sewflake

That list of stuff I got was on the 1st, but I've already accounted for it. $20 is all I haven't this month and only after I've used what I got!

My big splurged were last weekend before the end of May. I just got stupid, tho most of it didn't come from the overreacting section so it doesn't count!

Oh no!! I'm sorry Chris! I wasn't trying to enable you! Renee does amazing work and I love her butterflies! And really I was trying to get them for a May challenge I wanted in on. Didn't work out so might try this month...

Well I'm crashing, ladies. Keep calm and scrap on!

Ladybing Tammy
Angel
Ladybing Tammy
In response to SonjaC

I love this Keep Calm and Scrap On thing!

Sonja - your purchase was therapy - we all know it has been a rough time recently with dh's health issues...hang in there.

Sharon - YOU can do this! two weeks is not too long away!

godschild94
Governor
godschild94

Ok I had to do some calculating and my budget for this month is $200....way more than normal for me but it is summer and since I am not going anywhere on vacation this year, I'm spending my summer scrapping! I challenged myself to do a layout a day this summer. I'm 2 days into my break and I have 5 layouts done.

I splurged and bought the Scraptastic Kit Club kit and add on and a few extras so $200-$50= $150 left.

I'm saving most of the rest of it for a trip to 2 scrapbook stores that are about an hour away....I haven't been to either one in over a year and I think it would be a fun day trip for me.

godschild94
Governor
godschild94
In response to godschild94

I'm intrigued by the challenge to keep track of what you use on your scrappy projects. Specifically, how do you count paper? Do you only count it if you use the whole sheet or do you count it if you use say a 2 inch strip? Hmmm....maybe I should do that too.

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

I spent $2 on paper at a cute little store I've never been to before. They mostly had paper and stickers and I really have too much paper. Found a couple that I've never seen before. Mommy and Daddy

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to tinadn

Day 4 and I have not spent any $ this month... What I have used

2 full sheets paper (old)
2 sheets of (new dp) with scraps leftover
2 scraps from previous layout (used up)
8 old embellishments - die cuts, PL card, wood, ribbon,puff stickers
4 new paste and spray ink/color
1 stencil (older)

Saving my $ for that road trip in two weeks.... 20 days ok, thats almost 3 weeks.

Chris Aiton
Expert
Chris Aiton
In response to Sewflake

I'm impressed how you kept count of what you used - I have finished 3 layouts so far this month so I used
2 pcs of old paper
1 pc cardstock
1 pc corrugated cardboard (recycling an old box)
some buttons from my collection
some alphas
some stickers
some acrylic paint
and leftover scraps of papers
This afternoon I hope to do at least one layout - it's also on card stock and I painted it up some - I found a bunch of lonely non-matching alphas and plan to mix them up for my title. I am coveting some Graphic 45 papers and Relics and Artifacts pieces that I saw on FB postings but will force myself to wait as I know I will probably not have a lot of time to create later this month.

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake

Good morning all! I have my next layout on my desk ready to start as soon as I manage the time.

I doubt I will keep track all month of what I use on layouts...that list was from the only one I have managed to get done so far! I am also working on UFO's this month so a majority of the papers and some of the embellishments are already in a bag or page protector. Some of those UFO's have only a couple of sheets of paper with pictures...

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

Ladies.... ladies.... ladies....

OMG.... I'll say this now and I'll say it again - I am NOT shopping for scrappy embellishments for the next 100 pages!!! I mean it! I am Amanda-serious about this! Last week's purchase was my last....

And after you all stop laughing and dust yourselves off the floor, I'll tell you why

I finally used the $50 cash my MIL gave me for Mother's Day. I've been watching the M's sales for this rainbow tower storage thing. (it's $129 and I'm NOT paying that for it!)
http://www.michaels.com/rainbow-chest-recolle ctions/104...
So Friday and yesterday it was 50% off and I had a coupon for another 25% off that so I ended up getting it for $48 plus tax! So excited! It's huge and I thought I'd make it my embellishment/tool tower....

Well....

My embellishment collection barely fit!!!!!!!! And that was just the basic stuff! Washi tape and ribbons practically took up ONE WHOLE DRAWER!!!! Then I got stickers, journal pieces, chipboard, rubons, jewels and words/loose letters rounded out all 8 drawers.... And I did not even get my flower collection in there... it still takes up one WHOLE Iris box by itself and it's about to burst!
I am ashamed.... glad I have them all confined, but ashamed to admit I need a second tower for everything else!!

So I'm initiating a NO BUY rule for myself until I complete 100 pages. I have 20 so far... Help me ladies! Help me be strong!!

So my $20 budget is for essentials like cardstock (), glue, page covers, etc

Whew.... so glad I 'fessed up!

Edited by SonjaC on 06-05-16 12:29 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to SonjaC

Awww thank you Tammy! Yes it has been tough this last two months... My mom actually flies home Tuesday - just so she can help my dad load up the RV and come right back down here for their annual trip - But I'm dreading her being gone. She's been such a help and has been here a month already! And DH is not ready to come home yet so I will definitely be alone for a few more days at least.

WOW Janeen!! I'm living vicariously through you!

NICE work Sharon!!! Love this keeping track idea!

Well off to the grocery store and then to get back in my corner and organize! WHEW!

Ladybing Tammy
Angel
Ladybing Tammy
In response to SonjaC

hugs honey...and well we will do our best to help with the whole embellishment thing okay...

hereiam
Diva
hereiam

Janeen - Your day trip to scrapbook stores sounds marvelous! I have a HL, Joann's and Tuesday Morning close to me. And while they have some deals, they don't really carry many items like a scrapbook store does. For counting things, I just started this month and am only counting paper. I do rough estimates but I think I'm fairly close.

Sonja - You'll love having all the embellishments together and easier to find. And they will be easier to use!

Paper used in June - 8 pages done this weekend!
I used 2 pieces of 6x6; 1 piece of 8 1/2 x 11; and 15 1/2 pieces of 12x12.

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to hereiam

Oh dear, I can feel your pain or my DH does every time he comes in my craft room! I have not been able to figure out how to use all that 8.5x11 card stock I have... I make so many scraps using 12x12 papers that I seldom need to use the smaller size sheets for mats and Explore/Silhouette embellishments. In reality I would never need to keep my scraps and I would still have enough paper to scrap all my pictures... I do try to use as much paper on a layout as I can and if I could use all my embellishments I would just use paper to make what I need.

I pray your hubby will be able to come home before long.

No spending the first 5 days of the month!! Keep on scrapping Sonja, 80 more to go before you can shop. I would be right there with you but I promised my ex co worker that I would go to the scrapbook store with her and sacrifices must be made!!

Scrapanda
Queen
Scrapanda
In response to Sewflake

I completed by 100th page tonight!

Sonja - you can DO IT! One reason I am able to stay strong and do it is we only have M's here and no other scrap stores and almost all the good online stores are US so with the exchange and shipping it is ridiculous to ship here!

Ladybing Tammy
Angel
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Scrapanda

Way to go Amanda

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake

Yea Amanda
I say as I am filling my cart here with sale stuff!! Filling a cart is not the same thing a submitting the order!!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

Congrats on meeting your goal Amanda.
Sonja I know what you mean. My washi does take up a whole drawer! My scraproom is a large bedroom and it is bulging full of stuff. I hate to tell you but you don't have to count glue and page protectors in you budget
Sharon I could also get by without saving scraps but I still do and I get a little high every time I use one up along with anything else.
Yesterday I used up a few rolls of ribbon and won't even miss it.

Edited by tinadn on 06-06-16 04:45 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

hereiam
Diva
hereiam
In response to Scrapanda

• Scrapanda Said:
I completed by 100th page tonight!

Sonja - you can DO IT! One reason I am able to stay strong and do it is we only have M's here and no other scrap stores and almost all the good online stores are US so with the exchange and shipping it is ridiculous to ship here!

Way to go!!!

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to tinadn

Thanks again Tammy! I know you all will do your level best! And I will just avert my eyes whenever anyone enables!

Karen - I actually got motivated last night after organizing and found that picking embellishments was a lot easier once I only had one drawer to sift through as opposed to 7 Iris boxes!

Sharon - You go right on ahead and make your sacrifice! I'm happy to offer you up as the sacrificial lamb to scrappy stuff - as long as I can vicariously live through you!

AMANDA!!!! WOOHOO!!!! HOW COOL!!!!! Need to go browse your gallery for inspiration! I could only HOPE I'll reach my goal this year - and I'm gonna try! (That's 13.33 pages a month til December tho... ) So what are you gonna buy???

Tina - Yikes... I can imagine if I had a whole room to myself! At least you have a door, right?? I'm in the living room, taking over our computer desk. DH got a laptop so he doesn't 'disturb' my work! LOL And yeah, I'm counting glue and protectors. I usually do since I have to budget everything now! And I'm actually good on everything, but the glue tape so I should make it a while...

NOW... DD was up most of last night with a stuffy nose and I ended up sitting on Pinterest (the devil) brainstorming ideas for her 1st birthday party in a little over a MONTH! Oh goodness... I got some work to do!

BTW, I mentioned I got motivated to scrap and I did! I finished a page using the ombre washi and ink and some of the stamps I recently purchased!! And my sb.com order arrives today!

I just realized Expo is in October and I'd already planned to attend with friends.... !!!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to SonjaC

Sonja maybe you should push up your monthly quota but count item made for the first birthday party, that way you can buy in Oct.

Chris Aiton
Expert
Chris Aiton
In response to Scrapanda

100 pages!!! that's great!

I finished 2 layouts today. I will be gone until Friday so no scrapping till the weekend.

I put in a small order tonight - $16 (3 sheets of Prima paper and a set of Iron Orchid baroque molds). I want to do the Prima June PPP and the colors are coppery peach and light blue. I went through my stash and found some vintage blue Prima stuff and also I have Finnabair rust paste so with some Prima paper, I can do it. Plus I already have some paper clay and I really want to try out the molds. Just $14 left for the month.

I will check in when I return. Hope all goes well for everyone.

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake

No shopping again, no scrapping other than early this morning adhering everything down on my UFO which is not a UFO any longer!!!

Chris, I would like to see what you make from that paper clay. I found it a little hard drying the larger pieces without them warping.

Hope you enjoy your new supplies Sonja, I can smell scrapping from here!

Ladybing Tammy
Angel
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Sewflake

Good morning all - everyone seems to be on best behaviour...me I was perusing Paper Phenomenon youtube videos and almost ordered a tututorial until my inner self said..SELF REALLY DO YOU REALLY THINK YOU WILL EVEN GO THIS KIND OF TROUBLE...sigh no not really but wouldn't it be nice to have it in case I tried...SELF REALLY DO YOU BELIEVE THAT! ...sigh no so I didn't bother lol..

however baroque molds now THAT sounds interesting but if it is for paper making than the whole self argument starts again...but wouldn't they be awesome for Florence pages.

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

Oh Tina, I LOVE your idea!

Yes, the birthday deco will probably include a lot of scrappy stuff - mostly Cricut cuts and other crafty goodness. I have every intention of making the same canvas banner I made for my son for my daughter. (Think I'm going to make myself crazy trying to make sure they get all the same treatment!)
This is the one I did for my DS FOUR years ago!!!! FOUR!! He's almost FOUR!!!! Where did my baby go?!?!
Carlo's Birthday Banner By SonjaC
So yes, I quite like that idea, Tina, thank you!

WOW Chris!! That molding and clay stuff sounds fun! WHat is this PPP Prima challenge you speak of? (Like I need more challenges... ) Still... I'm intrigued! And anticipating seeing what you do with those molds! I'll be stalking your gallery!

Sharon, you're making a UFO? Does that stand for something other than what I think it is??

Tammy, can you teach me to listen to my inner self like that? Cuz mine was yelling at me last week not to place that order and I ignored her... But they were pretty fun to play with last night!!

DH is home!!! His mom dropped him off today and he'll be there tonight! The kids were so excited this morning! Sad of course because Nana is leaving today, but happy to have Daddy back!

Ladybing Tammy
Angel
Ladybing Tammy
In response to SonjaC

Sonja love - it is hard to listen to SELF when there is so much going on in one's life. My life is quiet - i can hear SELF loud and clear even if SELF is only whispering lol

Edited by Ladybing Tammy on 06-07-16 02:22 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

Yeah, I think my SELF has taken a vacation....

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to SonjaC

Glad to be a help Sonja
That banner is adorable. I don't remember it from 4 yrs ago. It amazes me that you find time to make beautiful things with kiddos, everything you go through with dh and a job.

Ladybing Tammy
Angel
Ladybing Tammy
In response to tinadn

Day 8 and no one has busted!!!! This might be a record! So proud of you all.

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake

Not busted and not spending either!! I have two more weeks to hold out!

hereiam
Diva
hereiam
In response to Sewflake

That banner is really impressive!

My self has been pretty quiet lately. I busted so much last month (on the freebie days, but still!) that I just can't pull the trigger this month. There's things I want, but I'm holding off for now. I've made it a week. LOL

My DD needed a new watercolor paper pad. I picked her up a new one and it just happened to be 12x12. LOL It's not a bust because it's her paper! That's my story and I'm sticking to it. LOLOL I'm going to swipe a page and try some of this watercolor stuff I keep seeing with the inks I already have.

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to hereiam

Forgive me, Tammy, for I have sinned. I am busted...

I'm not even sure what happened. I realized that ASBS was closing, and that's where I buy my cardstock. (not that I even needed CS) so I ordered 2 60 packs of white and 1 60 pack of vanilla. 180 sheets of CS. I don't think I've even used 30 sheets of CS this year. Heck, I don't even know where I have space to store it. I think that was $36 before shipping. Then Ms had a coupon for 40% off all Recollections embellishments, and I bought loads of beautiful flowers and leaves that I don't need and have no room to store. I have four drawers of flowers and leaves and they are all stuffed to the gills. And lastly I picked up some ink pads that I actually needed. My most used pad (Memento Black Tuxedo) cracked and my ink is drying out. So there you have it. Busted. On mostly nothing that I needed. I feel so ashamed.

Anyway, I can't allow myself to have a free for all just because I'm busted, so I'm starting a new budget with new rules. I may buy one item a week for the rest of the month, but I can't spend a total of more than $30.00 for the rest of the month, so if I want something more expensive, I'll have to skip a week of shopping and save the money until I have enough. Here's to hoping this will keep me in line for the rest of the month.

Amanda, congratulations on hitting 100 LOs. You rocked it girl.

Everyone else (except Sonja :P) Good job keeping those budgets.

Sonja, oh Sonja... You and I are cut from the same cloth, and our cloth doesn't have willpower. I'm going to cheer you on to your goal, but you always have a seat next to me on the Busted Couch.

I'm glad to see you ladies checking out your supply usage. It really is quite eye opening. I started tracking on January 1st. My goal is to use 2016 items in 2016. I'm not anywhere near the half way point yet, so I'm not sure I'll make my goal, and I've brought so much more into my storage than I've used. i'm really hoping this new knowledge will help me change the way shop. I've slowed down, but not near enough. If I went a year without shopping, it's doubtful I'd even see a dent in my stash. As for how I count my paper, I only count it the first time I slice into it to make sure nothing gets counted twice, so scraps don't get counted for me.

Edited by Kamananui on 06-09-16 06:22 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to hereiam

• hereiam Said:

My DD needed a new watercolor paper pad. I picked her up a new one and it just happened to be 12x12. LOL It's not a bust because it's her paper! That's my story and I'm sticking to it. LOLOL I'm going to swipe a page and try some of this watercolor stuff I keep seeing with the inks I already have.

THAT is a Sonja-worthy Loophole, Karen!!!

I bought a watercolor paper pad last month from M's, but my DD is 10 months old so that loophole won't work for me... My only excuse is that I wanted to practice on plain paper before I use my Watercolor NSD prize pack papers! They're too pretty to screw up with my bumbling attempt to reintroduce myself to watercolors! (In my high school youth I was an AP art student and several of my old projects are watercolors... but that was nearly 20 years ago!!!)

Edited by SonjaC on 06-08-16 08:46 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to Kamananui

• Kamananui Said:

Sonja, oh Sonja... You and I are cut from the same cloth, and our cloth doesn't have willpower. I'm going to cheer you on to your goal, but you always have a seat next to me on the Busted Couch.

LOL!!!! You're going to have to sit there and think about what you did, Missy! I am determined not to bust anymore!

Although you do make me feel better about my one large Iris box of flowers... THREE drawers, Kelly?!?! Really?!?! I'll admit I would probably take up at least two of those tower drawers with my flowers if I so chose, but for now they're okay in the box - no packaging anymore, it just takes up too much room!

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to SonjaC

Hmmm.... someone clearly wants to remind me how much I spent last month... Got my notice from Zulily that my new Timmy die shipped yesterday!

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to SonjaC

It has been such a downer reading about the busting going on especially with no room for storage not to mention need!!! Don't you ladies know I am making my semi annual trip to the LSS (only one withing driving distance) in Alabama in a couple of weeks??? I am being good and saving myself for that trip, more to keep my scrapping buddy company than for myself of course. I flatly refuse to feel ashamed of my addiction until after the trip!! Then when I think of the $ saved from not going to therapy well then, this is a healthy outlet with many beneficial side affects that will last for years to come!!
There, how do you like them apples?

Ladybing Tammy
Angel
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Sewflake

Good Heavens - it has started - just because 1 person has busted (and btw I LOVE the new budget and constraints for post busting - this is a turn from the I am already late and going get heck so why hurry home now philosphy) DOES NOT mean you all have to think about busting.

Sharon - 1 third of the way there! That is amazing! Keep up the good work.

Sonja - I think I saw a display of good willpower!

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui

I'm not sure I'm loving my new budget and constraints post bust. My wish list is growing like wild weeds.

Ladybing Tammy
Angel
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Kamananui

lol I didn't know there were tame weeds!

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake

You will just have to live on daydreams Kelly!! sorry don't mean to be

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to Sewflake

Sonja I have those dies and love them.

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to Sewflake

I have not wanted to bust your bubble of my integrity Tammy but the reason I have not spent anything is more that I have been too busy then too tired to bother looking or stopping to shop!

Ladybing Tammy
Angel
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Sewflake

it doesn't have to be a pretty win - just a win Sharon!

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to Sewflake

Yep, Tammy, that would be Miss Willpower speaking for Sonja!
And by the way, daisies are technically weeds... just saying!

Shaaa-ron, you're not supposed to tell us that!! We're all just supposed to believe you've turned over a new super-saver leaf!

Tina - oh I know you do! I've been browsing LOs that use that die set and I've seen several of your pages with them! And btw, your DGKs are adorable!

I was playing with my new watercolors last night and I've decided my rewards are going to be a little more realistic - since I didn't even make 50 pages last year! (Okay fine I had a baby so there is that!) LOL So modify me to 50 LOs, Tammy. And my reward and wishlist will be the Classics watercolor set and the Prima watercoloring book. Hmm... that's over my budget... well anyway 60 pages will be worth it!

Edited by SonjaC on 06-09-16 01:21 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Scrapanda
Queen
Scrapanda
In response to SonjaC

You guys always make me laugh!

I still haven't been able to go shopping! Just not enough time lately! Maybe this weekend!

hereiam
Diva
hereiam
In response to Scrapanda

I haven't busted yet, although it's getting harder! I keep seeing lots of things I want, but so far have been able to listen to my self talking in my ear....do you need that right now??? Seriously??? No? Well then step away from the computer!!

My wish lists are growing and I keep getting sale emails. But there's always another sale, right?

godschild94
Governor
godschild94
In response to hereiam

I caved and went shopping too...this being off and scrapbooking all summer may be bad for my wallet. Not busted but spent $40 at J's and TM. I bought an organizer for my thread, mickey stickers, a paper pad, a punch, Thickers and a Stamp and Die set. At least everything was on sale or discounted at TM. But I really didn't need most of it....

$200 - $50 - $40 = $110

Ladybing Tammy
Angel
Ladybing Tammy

Friday - Happy Day everyone.

Hmmm Sonja you can do that!

Janeen - organizer for thread does not count - not even remotely does that count...lol

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui

TGIF, everyone!

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to Kamananui

Happy Friday to all too!! I keep thinking it's Saturday!

Ladybing Tammy
Angel
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Sewflake

I am going to be away for most of the day tomorrow an then leaving early Sunday until late Monday - soooooo behave!!!! LOL

Sharon you only have a little while to wait until your trip!

Kelly - what have you made with your new stuff

Sonja - please try...and do 1 layout over the weekend

everyone else - help keep them out of trouble and that incudes you Miss Kelly

godschild94
Governor
godschild94

I'm still counting it Tammy. I need to not spend any extra for anything....

Chris Aiton
Expert
Chris Aiton

I returned late this morning from visiting my son in Sarasota and then worked this afternoon. I read the thread this evening and totally relate and sympathize/empathize with everyone. I live in a small city/big town with very limited shopping SO when I hit the big city, it can get pretty bad. I was quite restrained this time but I did spend $14.30 at IKEA on crafting stuff - markers, brushes, several KORT card sets for altering, and a bunch of Histoire items (tags, cards, butterflies, etc.) all on final clearance (25 cents, 79 cents, etc.) and then I spent $15.13 at Michaels for some flowers, wired twine, and wood diecuts (on sale). So now I have spent my allowance for the month and then some. I budgeted $30 and have spent 16 + 14 +15 so that"s $45. I will be busy creating this weekend and early part of next week. When I got home. my Scrapbook.com order had arrived so I will try to get the paper clay out and do the molds this weekend. Lots to do!

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake

Sounds like you are going to have fun Chris!! Let me know what you think of the paper clay and molds. Any tips or tricks to get the larger pieces to dry flat!!

Tammy you are too late!! I was pushing the button on an SB.com order about the time you were writing your message. I am well within the budget I set but still quite a bit less available for my shopping trip....... two weeks just seemed like a long time today and all the stuff I got was on sale and getting low in stock and G G's does not carry many stencils.

So $62 down $88 to go.........

Ladybing Tammy
Angel
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Sewflake

well Kelly has some company on the busted couch with Chris!

Well Sharon at least you didn't bust YET

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake

I knew it would only be a mater of time that I would bust if I did not set a reasonably high budget this month. I still have plenty to work with if I don't send anymore online!!!

Chris Aiton
Expert
Chris Aiton
In response to Sewflake

Happy Sunday!
I played in the studio all of Saturday afternoon and spent some early time this AM putting together a layout and learning how to post properly for challenges here. Got it now. I have one layout all done and 2 more that just have to be glued etc. I used 2 sheets of Prima paper (one is fussy cut so lots left over), 2 sheets of Graphic 45 Communique (that I won last month on one of the NSD challenges), and a piece of white card stock. I also used 9 flowers and made another flower from ribbon. I painted some and I used up odds and ends of some old laces. Feeling pretty good about using up stuff but there is more than half the month left...
I didn't have time to try out the paper clay molds but maybe I will have a little time later today.
I noticed some of you have goals for the year - maybe I should do that too. Do you keep a chart or anything to keep track?

Edited by Chris Aiton on 06-12-16 07:49 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake

Chris, I keep a running count in my signature line. It is easy to edit as I add layouts since I post 99% of what I create.

You click;
My Account (yours)
Forum Info (under the drop down box)
Signature (from the left column of choices)

If I forget to update my signature then all I have to do is count how many layouts are in my gallery.

hereiam
Diva
hereiam
In response to Sewflake

I finished two more layouts today so that brings my June total 10! I can now spend my budget! Not really - I want to hold off a bit more. I do need more adhesive but that won't go against my budget. So the real question is, can I just buy adhesive? Or what all am I going to add? LOL

Scrapanda
Queen
Scrapanda
In response to hereiam

Chris I try to update my signature every month with my new totals but I also keep a notepad on my desk and every time I do a layout or card I just put a tick mark under either heading. Then count them up and add them for the month.

Chris Aiton
Expert
Chris Aiton
In response to Scrapanda

Thanks everyone for the information. I posted 3 today - lots of scrapping over the weekend. Hopefully time today to start another - I am a pretty slow scrapper - as a Libra, I have a hard time making decisions. LOL

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake

don't know if that is just Libras, but then I never paid much attention to the tendencies of Leos - I feel I am pretty slow figuring out what I want to add - I find it easy picking papers, finding what I am looking for is always the challenge!! But once I find it then the decision as to paper design/color/scale for the page it easy. Do Leos procrastinate and easily sidetracked??

hereiam
Diva
hereiam
In response to Sewflake

I bought adhesive....and a pack of Thickers and three small packs of fun embellies @ Tuesday Morning. $4 for the Thickers and $6 fpr the embellies. $100 -10 = $90 left for the month.

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to hereiam

Chris, your son lives pretty close to my mother. She is in Ellenton.

Karen, good for you for hitting 10 LOS, and my goodness you were quite reserved with your shopping. I've been doing my best to avoid TM. I almost always bring home something with me when I go.

Sharon, I'm a Pisces and I totally procrastinate and get distracted, plus I'm a super slow scrapper. One LO a week is about all I can manage. I mainly just push paper around.

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to Kamananui

Chris, can't wait to see what you do with those molds! That's definitely a Libra thing! My mom is a Libra and between the two of us (me an OCD Virgo), it takes us forever to decide on something. Part of the reason I'm slow scrapper....

The other reason is the OCD Virgo thing... I'm never fully satisfied with a page or project because I always see something that needs fixing! Nothing to me is ever perfect! LOL Its a wonder I ever finishing anything....

Tammy... Hope you had a good time away! Where did you go? Did I miss that? I did not even sit down at my desk this weekend... Just never had time!

I was at a volunteer community event for work Saturday morning (where I was viciously mauled by a fire ant) and then a birthday party that ended up getting rained on at the end. I was so tired when I came home I fell asleep reading to my son in his bed for HIS nap. I did manage to make dinner, but was useless that night. Then DD was up screaming bloody murder at 4:30am and it took DH and I almost two hours to get her back down. So Sunday was kind of slow going. DH took the kids to Abuela's in the afternoon and I did the grocery shopping, a load of laundry and general cleaning up. So... no crafty work for me this weekend! And next weekend is Father's Day and I KNOW I won't get time then!

Whew... I need a weekend from my weekend!

Karen - Wow you got that stuff cheap if you only spent $10 on Thickers and 3 embellies plus adhesive!

Well Sharon?!? You can't just tell us you bought something on here and not WHAT you got!!

Zulily has scrappy stuff right now... including Bo Bunny... it's REALLY really hard to pass it up, but I've been good (so far)!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to SonjaC

I understand your OCD. I'm a Virgo too.

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to tinadn

Ok

For those of you that want to know what I am waiting on from SB.com

Ladybing Tammy
Angel
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Sewflake

I'm home but very tired - I went to Manchester for work but stopped off for a day in Preston to see a friend on the way down.

Page 1 of 3 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics