Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: NOVEMBER Angel Card Swap - CLOSED        (Topic#1664017)
Kaylann
Mayor
Kaylann

Please join me for the Angel Swap. Where putting smiles on people is our only goal!

Here's how it works:

After signing up you will PM your address or the address of a loved one to me. If you want you can include a couple details about the recipient’s life. What they’re struggling with and why you think they need some encouragement, some prayers, or just a simple thinking of you card. Life is short and we don’t always let people know how important they are to us. So here’s your chance!.

When sign ups are no longer accepted I will mark the swap as closed and I will use random.org to assign the angels to their assignment. I will PM you the info for your card recipient.

If you sign up, you HAVE to check in ONCE A WEEK. If you are UNABLE to do that, please send me a PM so I know what's going on!

If you want to you may share the card that you are sending. We would love to see it!

The card is supposed to be signed "From an Angel" and you need to include a note that says something like, "Your name was entered in the Angel Card Swap. ________ thought of you and wanted to let you know!" If you would like a special note to be included in place of this one, please include it in the PM when you send your address.

Cards may be any size. Use your own unique style to bring a smile to someone's face. (Store bought cards are also accepted)

Sign ups will be accepted until 11/07/16 - addresses will be given out that week. You have until 11/30 to mail out your angel card to the person that you received.

Spread the word and let's see how many angels, we can get working in November.

TO ALL THE PARTICIPATING ANGELS!! As hostess I use random.org to choose one of the participating angels and I send them an angel card. So if you haven't sent me your address yet, please PM it to me OR if you have an address change I also would appreciate it if you let me know so I don't mail your angel card to the wrong address. It will be a surprise until it shows up in "your" mailbox!

Info received from =
Sent card =
Person assigned is in (xxx)

Participants:
1. Kaylann (Watch YOUR mail!)
2. rolbricht (Alicia)
3. Lorna Lee (Tam)
4. vawm (Lisa)
5. DYnWV (Elyse)
6. DearZae (Stephanie)
7. Scrapanda (Evelyn)
8. Scrap-Time (Bren)
9. scrapperbee (Karen)

Angel Cards:
HELLO CARD By Rolbricht

Believe Card By Lorna Lee

hello By Scrapanda

Hello-Angel Card Swap By DYnWV

CARD MADE BY DearZae FOR A FRIEND OF MINE By Rolbricht

Edited by Kaylann on 11-23-16 05:50 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

rolbricht
Governor
rolbricht
In response to Kaylann

HELLO-ELLO-LLO-O-Ooo

Its empty in here and theres quite an echo

Lorna Lee
Queen
Lorna Lee
In response to rolbricht

Hi there Ro!
Looking a little lonely. I think that I will join you.

Kaylann
Mayor
Kaylann
In response to Lorna Lee

Hey ladies! I will get things polished up a bit today both in October AND November! Hopefully we'll get some company then. (I think I started gathering cobwebs over in October!)

Kaylann
Mayor
Kaylann
In response to Kaylann

Hiya! Got the welcome sign repainted and eagerly awaiting some angels!

Lorna Lee
Queen
Lorna Lee
In response to Kaylann

Well maybe we need to go to the other threads and spread the welcome mat there.

vawm
vawm 
Governor
vawm
  • vawm on 10-31-16 08:05 AM
In response to Lorna Lee

I'm in again.

Kaylann
Mayor
Kaylann
In response to vawm

Good Afternoon Angels!!

I'm going out hunting for angels.

Joanie R
Guru
Joanie R
In response to Kaylann

Hi Angels! Just dropping by to say hi! I won't be rejoining you until December but I still pop in and read when you're up too! Love all the cards you all did for October. I need to remember that October and November are not good for me to join ANYTHING! LOL! I hope you all had a fun Halloween! We dressed up here at work. It was great fun! Here is a link to my gallery, I posted some of the photos we took yesterday. Happy Tuesday, All!
https://www.scrapbook.com/myplace/index.php?mod=galleri...

DYnWV
DYnWV 
Angel
DYnWV
  • DYnWV on 11-01-16 10:55 AM
In response to Joanie R

Thanks for the invite Kayla! I used to do a lot of different swaps. When we moved in 2011, I stopped participating and I never looked into it again.

I'll join in and pm you in a few minutes.

vawm
vawm 
Governor
vawm
  • vawm on 11-01-16 10:58 AM
In response to DYnWV

Kayla, thank you so much for the card. It really meant a lot. We are having a tight time with finances right now, so it was a real encouragement to me.

Scrap-Time
Angel
Scrap-Time
In response to vawm

I posted this in October but not sure if anyone is still checking in over there. So here it is.

Lorna - Just wanted you to know that over Fall break Nancy took a couple day trip with hubby to see friends and put a hold on her mail. She forgot to go by post office to pick it up so she is going today. So I'm sure she will get the card today. Just wanted you to know since I know you mailed it awhile back.

I mailed Harold's last week so he should be getting it any day!!! I'll post a picture shortly.

I'm waiting to commit in November until I get my card sale over on Thursday. Starting to panic that I'm not ready. Not that it really matters as it is just for the ladies at the retirement home and they work with me. But like to have something to put on the tables

Scrap-Time
Angel
Scrap-Time
In response to Scrap-Time

Kayla - I put out info on both my card challenges so people who haven't seen it can check it out. But I know God will bring in who he wants. He places us when and where we are needed as long as we are listening to him.

scrapperbee
Deity
scrapperbee

I would love to be an angel--but I am not looking for a card for myself or for someone I know. Not sure if that fits in to this challenge though.

Kaylann
Mayor
Kaylann
In response to scrapperbee

scrapperbee - If someone volunteers to enter two addresses it would work just fine...We'll see if anyone jumps in. (What's your name, if I may ask?)

Kathy - Thank you for putting word out!

Victoria - I'm glad you got it and that it came at the right time! Will be praying for you.

Denise - So glad to have you! Thanks for joining!

Joanie - Thanks for stopping in! We'd love to have you chat with us and just keep in touch! Heading over to your place to look at the photos!

Lorna - Thanks for spreading the word at the latte shop.

Ro - Haven't seen you today!

rolbricht
Governor
rolbricht
In response to Kaylann

Howdy there Angels.
Ive been out of order for 3 days. My computer nerd FINALLY came tonight so Im back!

Happy November everyone!!

DearZae
Pro
DearZae
In response to Kaylann

Hi all...I'm Carrie. I'm from MN and would like to be someone's angel! I have a friend who is going through a rough time and would love to have an angel card sent to her. I have many made up and ready to go, as well, so count me in and I will PM her address as soon as she sends me her new address.

This is such a neat idea and I don't even know how I ended up here but I love it! Putting smiles on people's faces...such a wonderful thing!

Lorna Lee
Queen
Lorna Lee
In response to DearZae

Welcome to our new angels. This swap has put smiles on many faces thanks to our hostess, Kayla.
You will be addicted after you do this one month.

Kaylann
Mayor
Kaylann
In response to Lorna Lee

Welcome Carrie!! So thankful you found us! Love having new faces.

Edited by Kaylann on 11-01-16 07:07 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Scrapanda
Queen
Scrapanda
In response to Kaylann

Thanks for the invite Kayla! Such a sweet idea! I would love to try this out!

Kaylann
Mayor
Kaylann
In response to Scrapanda

Good Morning! So excited that we have three new angels!

Kaylann
Mayor
Kaylann
In response to Kaylann

Afternoon.

Going out to winterize my flower bed. It's long past time.

Lorna Lee
Queen
Lorna Lee
In response to Kaylann

Hello Angels
I lost my job yesterday. In many ways it is a relief.
I have been praying about a change in my life. I think that God is giving me a shove. I need prayers to have clarity of mind, heart and vision. I know that God has a plan, I just need to be able to see it. I was not able to sleep last night and today I have been laying around in pain. All of my joints are very painful. This too shall pass. I well be well rested and ready to walk the path that God has for me. Prayer is appreciated. I will have my person picked soon. In fact I think I know who it is this very moment.

Kaylann
Mayor
Kaylann
In response to Lorna Lee

Lorna I'm sorry to hear that you lost your job. Even though it may be a relieve it must also be somewhat distressing! Prayers going out to you my friend.

rolbricht
Governor
rolbricht
In response to Lorna Lee

Hi Lorna. Im sure things are very worrisome having no job. I pray God will set you up with something much better. No matter what you do, may you be able to do it the best you can with hope in knowing all things happen for a reason.

DYnWV
DYnWV 
Angel
DYnWV
  • DYnWV on 11-03-16 04:58 AM
In response to rolbricht

Good morning! Lorna, sorry to hear about your job however, your outlook says that it may be a blessing in disguise! I hope that is the case!

Kaylann
Mayor
Kaylann
In response to DYnWV

Good Morning. Hope you all have a blessed day.

Joanie R
Guru
Joanie R
In response to Kaylann

So glad to hear about the new Angels, Welcome to this wonderful group that touches so many.

Lorna - so sorry to hear about your job. Where one door closes another opens. You are bound for something better. Praying for relief for your pain and hope for brighter days ahead!

Kaylann
Mayor
Kaylann
In response to Scrapanda

Good Evening!!

I will be going on a road trip with friends Fri-Sun so I will be offline until sometimes on Monday!

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend. God bless.

DYnWV
DYnWV 
Angel
DYnWV
  • DYnWV on 11-03-16 07:25 PM
In response to Kaylann

Have a great weekend, enjoy the time with your friends!

Joanie R
Guru
Joanie R
In response to DYnWV

Have fun, Kayla!

vawm
vawm 
Governor
vawm
  • vawm on 11-04-16 08:46 AM
In response to Joanie R

Lorna, hope that you have a door that opens that will be better than the one that closed.

vawm
vawm 
Governor
vawm
  • vawm on 11-04-16 08:48 AM
In response to vawm

Hope everyone has a blessed day today!

Lorna Lee
Queen
Lorna Lee
In response to vawm

Have a great weekend, Kayla.

Have a blessed day, Angels.

Scrap-Time
Angel
Scrap-Time
In response to Lorna Lee

Here is Friday's devotion:

Thank you, Lord, that I am a new creation in Christ, and all the things of the past are far behind me now. I don't have to be chained any longer to old mind-sets, old attitudes, or old ways of doing things that don't work. Help me to remember that I am a new creation in every way and to live lie it. Help me to remember that You see me through my future and not through my past.

Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new.
2 Corinthians 5:17

Kaylann
Mayor
Kaylann

Good Morning angels! I had a fantastic weekend and I got to make some awesome new friends! I'm a little sleep deprived but oh it was all worth it!

Scrap-Time
Angel
Scrap-Time
In response to Kaylann

Alright I'm in for this month. Praying about recipient I'll let you know asap.

Kaylann
Mayor
Kaylann
In response to Scrapanda

Awesome Kathy!

scrapperbee - I'm sorry but unless someone volunteers two recipients than you won't be able to join. So far no one has volunteered two and usually they only have one recipient.

Hoping to get out the info today. If you haven't sent your info yet please send it.

Scrap-Time
Angel
Scrap-Time
In response to Kaylann

I can give two recipients if needed. My list keeps growing!!

DYnWV
DYnWV 
Angel
DYnWV
  • DYnWV on 11-08-16 04:33 AM

Good morning!
JCI before I head out for the day!

Lorna Lee
Queen
Lorna Lee
In response to DYnWV

Kayla, I sent you my recipient for November.

Scrap-Time
Angel
Scrap-Time
In response to Lorna Lee

Lorna - praying for you. Hope you are having a good week.

rolbricht
Governor
rolbricht

Kayla, glad your back safely and glad you had a good time away. Thanks for sending my assignment

vawm
vawm 
Governor
vawm
  • vawm on 11-09-16 07:49 AM
In response to rolbricht

Standing by for my assignment of the month! Have a blessed day ladies!

rolbricht
Governor
rolbricht
In response to vawm

Hi Angels. This is the card Im sending to my Angel assignment for this month. Its going out today

HELLO CARD By Rolbricht

DYnWV
DYnWV 
Angel
DYnWV
  • DYnWV on 11-09-16 01:42 PM
In response to rolbricht

Kayla, if Bev wants to join in, I can send a second recipient.

Lorna Lee
Queen
Lorna Lee
In response to DYnWV

Ro, I love that card.

Scrap-Time
Angel
Scrap-Time
In response to Lorna Lee

Ro - you are too quick! I haven't even got my assignment!! Cute card.

rolbricht
Governor
rolbricht

Thanks Lorna and Kathy for the compliments. This is a card I made a while back. I have lots of cards filed away :o)Ro

Scrapanda
Queen
Scrapanda
In response to rolbricht

Great card Ro! I am awaiting my assignment!

Scrap-Time
Angel
Scrap-Time
In response to Scrapanda

Here is the card I did last month...never enough time in the day!! I was also waiting to make sure the recipient got it before I posted it.

Big Bear Hug By Scrap-Time

rolbricht
Governor
rolbricht

Great card Kathy...ALL your cards are! :o)Ro

DYnWV
DYnWV 
Angel
DYnWV
  • DYnWV on 11-11-16 04:25 AM
In response to rolbricht

Happy Friday everyone! JCI before a very busy weekend begins. Still waiting for my assignment. I won't be on much this weekend. I'll pop in when I can. Have a super weekend!!

Kaylann
Mayor
Kaylann
In response to DYnWV

Good Morning! Sorry I went AWOL but I had to go to a meeting and I thought I could get it all in right before I leave but I ran out of time! So I'll get the addresses out today yet.

Denise - Kathy submitted two addresses. But thanks!

Kaylann
Mayor
Kaylann
In response to Kaylann

Lorna - How are things going for you?

Addresses have all been sent out. Again, sorry for the delay! I have my angel card made and ready to be sent out to my angel of the month!

Lorna Lee
Queen
Lorna Lee
In response to Kaylann

May you each have a blessed weekend

Scrap-Time
Angel
Scrap-Time
In response to rolbricht

• rolbricht Said:
Great card Kathy...ALL your cards are! :o)Ro

Thanks Ro! (making me blush) I appreciate the vote of confidence!!

Kaylann
Mayor
Kaylann
In response to Scrapanda

Good Night Angels, sleep tight and I hope those that have been experiencing pain have a painless night. God bless you all!

Kaylann
Mayor
Kaylann
In response to Scrapanda

Morning!

Lorna Lee
Queen
Lorna Lee
In response to Kaylann

Good morning. Or afternoon now.

DearZae
Pro
DearZae
In response to Scrapanda

Hey all! I've had a sick kiddo and an out of town husband, so I've gotten a little behind...hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend!
Carrie

rolbricht
Governor
rolbricht
In response to DearZae

Hi Carrie. Poor little guy. I hope its nothing serious :o)Ro

DYnWV
DYnWV 
Angel
DYnWV
  • DYnWV on 11-13-16 03:52 PM
In response to rolbricht

JCI, thanks for my assignment! I'll work on it tomorrow and it will be in the mail shortly after!
Sorry to hear about your little one Carrie!
I hope everyone had a terrific weekend!

Kaylann
Mayor
Kaylann
In response to DYnWV

Evening

Carrie - Hope your little kiddo feels better soon!

Kaylann
Mayor
Kaylann
In response to Scrapanda

Good Morning

Psalm 23:6
6 Surely your goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever.

Scrapanda
Queen
Scrapanda
In response to Kaylann

Made my card yesterday! Didn't get it photographed yet though as I got sick last night - didn't go to work today - spent most of the day sleeping or on the couch watching tv! Starting to feel better now. Wondering if it was something I ate?!

rolbricht
Governor
rolbricht
In response to Scrapanda

Hi Amanda. Glad youre feeling better. Bet we would all be surprised or even shocked at how often we are exposed to something bad in what we have eaten

Lorna Lee
Queen
Lorna Lee
In response to rolbricht

I really need to print the inside of my card and get it in the mail. I made it several days ago. I will bring it over.

Lorna Lee
Queen
Lorna Lee
In response to Lorna Lee

Believe Card By Lorna Lee

Lorna Lee
Queen
Lorna Lee
In response to Lorna Lee

I think that this is one of my very favorite swaps. Even when life is not at the best place, I can bring some joy to someone else. I love that. God is so good.
I have been sick this week and my little chihuahua has been too. She is the tiny baby in my gallery. Princess is 15 years old and 2 pounds. When she is sick, I really worry. Yesterday she has a seizure. That is so scary. I am going to be really sad when she is no longer around. I have had her since she was 6-1/2 weeks old. A tiny pocket puppy. No matter what life has brought me or if I am sick or well, she provides unconditional love. I am very thankful that God brought her to me and has given me so many years with her.
Okay, that is all from me for now.
If the person that submitted Tam has any special thing that you feel would be nice for her to receive, let me know now. I would like to mail the card out by Saturday.

May God bless each of you wonderful angels.

rolbricht
Governor
rolbricht
In response to Lorna Lee

Hiya angel Lorna I hope you and little Princess are feeling better soon. Ive been hoping youll be able to have lots of fun while youre not working AND maybe work on those tasks youve not had time for. Those things too are often fun when you have lots of time.

I also worry a great deal about our pets when theyre sick. Itd be so helpful sometimes if they could tell us whats wrong with them. This yr Ive put down two of our pets. Both were at least as hard as losing 3 very special people this yr...whaaa

I really like the card youre sending this month

Scrapanda
Queen
Scrapanda
In response to rolbricht

I mailed my card out today! I did take a photo first but my camera battery is charging now so I will have to upload another day.

Hope your doggie is ok Lorna!

Scrap-Time
Angel
Scrap-Time
In response to Scrapanda

Scrapanda - I can't wait to see it! You have my aunt and I'll know she will be happy to get happy mail.

Scrapanda
Queen
Scrapanda

Here it is! I hope your aunt likes it Kathy! I tried to use cheery colors!
hello By Scrapanda

Lorna Lee
Queen
Lorna Lee
In response to Scrapanda

I mailed mine out today.

Kaylann
Mayor
Kaylann
In response to Lorna Lee

JCI!

This week was busy for me PLUS the internet was down for a couple days. We had some issues so it had to be shut down. Next week should be better. I'll be back in the morning to get everything updated. Plus my card is going out tomorrow or Tuesday. Tomorrow is laundry morning so I'm not sure if I'll be able to get it to the mail.

Lorna - I am SO glad that you enjoy this swap. I hope that it impacts all the participants the same way. God bless you!

DearZae
Pro
DearZae
In response to Kaylann

I caught whatever Zae had last week, but I mailed my card out Friday or Saturday--but I forgot to get a pic! =( I was just feeling accomplished at getting out to the mailbox when I just wanted to lay in bed!! Hope you all have a great week!

DYnWV
DYnWV 
Angel
DYnWV
  • DYnWV on 11-21-16 06:44 AM
In response to DearZae

Hello everyone! Happy Monday!
I have my card made and will be in the mail tomorrow! Will post later today.

Scrap-Time
Angel
Scrap-Time
In response to DYnWV

Well I hope to make my card today or tomorrow. I have just got my butt kicked this month with everything.

Lorna Lee
Queen
Lorna Lee

Happy Monday angels.

Kaylann
Mayor
Kaylann
In response to Lorna Lee

JCI everyone.

Really cold out today! After supper I'm going to put on some Christmas music and get some Christmas cards made.

rolbricht
Governor
rolbricht
In response to Kaylann

Hello all you little angels!

Lorna, little Princess, Carrie, little Zae and Amanda, I hope youre all doing better this wk.

Kayla, I hope you dont have anymore internet issues. Good luck catching up with your card making!

Kaylann
Mayor
Kaylann
In response to rolbricht

Good Morning!

Verse of the day:
2 Corinthians 4:15-16
15 All this is for your benefit, so that the grace that is reaching more and more people may cause thanksgiving to overflow to the glory of God. 16 Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day.

Ro - I had absolutely no mojo to make cards! I managed to halfheartedly make one but than I quit. I hope today is better.

It is reeally icy outside. I do hope everyone on the road is careful.

Kaylann
Mayor
Kaylann
In response to Scrapanda

I've got the front updated! If you've mailed your card and don't have the mailbox yet just let me know and I can add it!

Thank you all SO much for joining me. It's been a blessing getting to know you.

I will set up the December swap later today. I will have a little extra for December so the swap will close on the 3rd of next month so we have more time to work on it. On top of our angel assignment we will swap Christmas cards among us. But only those that want to. I don't want you to feel obligated to do so.

I hope to see all of the angels back next month. (And even more) Even though your busy I think December is an extra special month to send out angel cards. It's a month with so much meaning and I think receiving cards around Christmas time is truly special.

DYnWV
DYnWV 
Angel
DYnWV
  • DYnWV on 11-22-16 10:42 AM
In response to Kaylann

Here's mine.
It started it's journey this morning.
I do hope your friend likes it Amanda!

Edited by DYnWV on 11-22-16 10:44 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Lorna Lee
Queen
Lorna Lee
In response to DYnWV

Wow!
Looks like some awesome cards going out.

Kaylann
Mayor
Kaylann
In response to Scrapanda

DECEMBER Angel Card Swap

rolbricht
Governor
rolbricht
In response to Kaylann

Dear angels, Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours. If youre traveling, be extra careful out there.

Scrapanda
Queen
Scrapanda
In response to DYnWV

• DYnWV Said:
Here's mine.
It started it's journey this morning.
I do hope your friend likes it Amanda!

It is STUNNING! I know she will love it! She has had an especially rough week so she is going to love getting this!

Kaylann
Mayor
Kaylann
In response to Scrapanda

JCI

Happy Thanksgiving to you too Ro!

Good Night Everyone.

Joanie R
Guru
Joanie R
In response to Kaylann

Good morning! Just popping in to wish all of you beautiful Angels a Happy Thanksgiving! Love you all!

DYnWV
DYnWV 
Angel
DYnWV
  • DYnWV on 11-23-16 07:51 AM
In response to Joanie R

That's good to know Amanda! Hope it makes her smile!

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you here in the US! The next few days are going to be super busy. I'll pop in when I can.

Kaylann
Mayor
Kaylann
In response to DYnWV

Happy Thanksgiving to you all! May you have the most wonderful day with your family and friends. God bless you all!

I am thankful that I got to know you all and that you were able to participate in the angel swap with me. Whether it was for only one swap or since I started...I am thankful that I always have willing participants.

Kaylann
Mayor
Kaylann
In response to Scrapanda

My card went out today.

Kaylann
Mayor
Kaylann
In response to Kaylann

Hi Joanie!!! Good to see you!

rolbricht
Governor
rolbricht
In response to Kaylann

I took a picture of the card DearZae sent to my friend Stephanie for this months swap. Its really beautiful! Thanks so much Carrie!

CARD MADE BY DearZae FOR A FRIEND OF MINE By Rolbricht

Kaylann
Mayor
Kaylann
In response to rolbricht

Thanks for sharing Ro!

DearZae
Pro
DearZae
In response to Kaylann

Thanks for taking a pic, Ro, I forgot to do so before I sent it out

vawm
vawm 
Governor
vawm
  • vawm on 11-24-16 12:49 PM
In response to DearZae

Sorry I've been in absentia this month. I have had a horrible cough and cold for the last two weeks. I will get my card mailed tomorrow. I am so sorry it is late.
I hope you all are having a wonderful Thanksgiving. And are warm inside.

Kaylann
Mayor
Kaylann
In response to vawm

Victoria I really hope you feel better for this thanksgiving day!

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics