Page 13 of 13 
Username Post: CHATTY SCRAPPERS        (Topic#1664413)
Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to t-towngirl

57 is a great turnout - I can't imagine 200! Sadly, we quit having family reunions about 20 years ago. The last one was in the early 80's or late 70's. There are some reunions for other branches of our family but I wouldn't know anyone. I need to put my head together with a cousin or two a plan a big reunion.

Theresa TSC
Expert
Theresa TSC
In response to Henri Jean

Wow, Tina, sounds like an awesome trip! I'd definitely let the Homeaway people know about the bad condo. Might not be able to get your money back but maybe prevent her from taking anyone else.

Linda, you're living in my world weather wise--it's a mess here a lot!

Was able to go to the Run for The Fallen (www.runforthefallen.org if you want more info) last night. They came through our county in their run across it and we had a local serviceman honored posthumously. It was nice. Man it was hot though. My friend Hope ran in it. She had planned to just run a mile but they wouldn't let the locals even run that far because it was too hot. They did 1/2 mile and she was covered in sweat!!!! That was at 5 p.m. too. Heat index was still close to 100. These folks have been running every day since April from California on their way to Washington to Arlington Cemetery to remind people to not forget the service men that die for our freedom. They usually run a mile, stop and call out from a list of people that died on the day they are representing but with the heat in KY, they've had to stop a lot more often. They spent the night in Greenville last night and headed out at 7. They'll finish in August. Took some photos and posted them on FB. Hope to do a page to help future generations remember.

t-towngirl
Mayor
t-towngirl
In response to Theresa TSC

We left Palm Springs just in time, today was supposed to be 108 and 113 by July 4th. Came back to the mountains where is nice and cool. It was only about 72 when we arrived at 3:00 pm.

Theresa it would be nice to do a lo for the next generation to see.

Tina, I agree with Theresa, you should notify Homeaway. I wonder how often it happens.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Is Homeaway like Airbnb? We had friends who went to New Orleans last week to stay in an Airbnb and when they got to the place (2 couples, 2 bedroom place), no one was there.

Then someone came around and said the power in the place was broken. Not just out - it was broken equipment on the inside and that the neighbors complained about the Airbnb in their neighborhood so it was closed down. Permanently.

That left them with no where to stay and they had to find a hotel. Worked out, but very inconvenient since they had made these plans far in advance and were tired.

They called Airbnb and I'm sure they will get their money back.

I really wish these places would at least attempt to find out if places are legitimate and that the people renting them actually owned them!

We stayed ina place in Hawaii - a condo and I asked her how long she had lived here. She told me that she had been there a couple months but didn't own it - she was subletting it. I asked her if the owner knew she was renting it for airbnb and she told me she wasn't allowed to sublet and the owner would be in trouble if anyone found out. It was against their covenants to sublet so she was there illegally and he would have a heart attack if she knew she was renting a room on airbnb to cover the rent. She said we could use the pool, but to tell people we were visiting friends but not to let people know her name or condo number.

Aside from that, it was the filthiest place I had ever been in my life! I didn't even want to take a shower because the bathroom was so dirty. I went into the kitchen barefoot and my feet stuck to the floor. I had to go put my flip flops on - didn't walk into the kitchen again.

The concept and program is great, they just need quality control - someone to check out some of the units.

t-towngirl
Mayor
t-towngirl

Happy 4th everyone! we are staying home and having a BBQ. We are too tired to go anywhere.

Hope you guys have a great day!!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

That sounds l iike fun. We are going out to dinner with friends. It rains here in the afternoons in the summer (very often) so bbq's have to be in the evening or late afternoon.

Looks like the sky is going to open up any time now.

t-towngirl
Mayor
t-towngirl

We could use some of your rain. Enjoy your time with friends.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

It was wonderful. Resataurant was not full at all - they even had empty tables - we were surprised about that. I don't think that many people go out to eat on the 4th of July.

Brought over half of my food home and Bill brought about half of his.

Enjoy your bbq!

Theresa TSC
Expert
Theresa TSC

Happy 4th to you all!

We drove up to Evansville this morning. Randy needed to get his comic books and the only little scrapbook store left in this area was having a 50% off sale. She's trying to retire but can't get anyone to buy her out. Got some great Kaiser paper and a few stamps that I didn't need. We went to the steakhouse for lunch and had delicious prime rib. It was really too hot to be out but it's the first time in forever that I can remember that we both had the whole day off. Came in around 4 and both had to take a nap just from the heat. It was 98 today with a heat index of 113! Randy's still snoozing in his recliner and it's 6:15. Hoping to get out tonight and drive over to watch the firework show the county puts on but who knows by dark whether I'll want to go or not. It's "cooled down" to 92 with a heat index of 108. REALLY glad we invested in the central air last year!!!!

don1
don1 
Expert
don1
  • don1 on 07-04-18 07:59 PM

We went up to the Clubhouse for the 4th picnic. I may have overdone myself today, blood sugar is at 210.
I am now listening to all that money going up in smoke. Sometimes I think churches make their money on New Years and the 4th of July. I don't know why, but somehow it just seems wrong to me.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to don1

I don't know what blood sugar is supposed to be so I don't know if 210 is good or bad. You made unhappy face, so must be bad. We have our tested every 3 months, but no idea what either of ours are. The doctor gives us so many numbers and I really don't know how to interpret them. Plus we go in together so we both get a list of number read. Now he just says, "This is high" and "this is a little low". I guess he figured out we have no idea what he's talking about.

Yes, a fortune went up in smoke in our neighborhood but we sat on the porch in our lawn chairs and enjoyed every minute of it. As long as the neighbors are paying. Some of them looked like professional fireworks! We really enjoyed them, but our enjoyment was completely at other people expense tonight.

Why do churches make money on New Year's and the 4th of July? I am not making the connection.

Went to Logan's steakhouse for late lunch with friends. Had a great time. Free meal for veterans so BIll ate free and the husband of the couple we went with ate free. So good!

Funny part, Joe buys nice patriotic shirts for BIll for Father's Day and he wore one of them today that he got 3 or 4 years ago. Its cream and browns and gold with Eagles and military people on it and then flags in red white and blue and color in the eagles. Beautiful collared golf-type t-shirts.

We picked up our friends and then noticed that Nate had on the identical same shirt. They were twins!

When we sat down at the table I asked them, "Do you two want to sit next to each other?" Bill said, "We might." But they didn't. What a coincidence. Had no idea he even had one like Bills.

Theresa TSC
Expert
Theresa TSC

Henri, that's funny. We had two young couples at church last month come wearing the same colors, not identical clothes but same color polo and khakis for the men and both women had on the same color dress with a jean jacket over it. It was funny.

Don, we said the same thing last night, the majority of people spending the money on fireworks are the ones that can least afford it. Every explosion was like dollar signs going up in the air. The big places that have them, counties, etc., they have the budget for it and I enjoy watching them there. Takes up an hour of the evening and it's over. My neighbors will be shooting them off for another week! Don't enjoy it at all. Did get the satisfaction this morning of someone starting to mow at 7:30 in the morning. Hoping it wakes up all the noisemakers from last night that don't have to work today, hehehe

don1
don1 
Expert
don1
  • don1 on 07-05-18 09:05 AM

I don't know about other parts of the country, but here in the Northwest churches sell fireworks as a fund raiser. It seems wrong to me as in; every year we hear about kids getting injured and maimed by fireworks sold by the church.

Non diabetic sugar levels are between 70 - 100 before a meal and 70 to 145 after.
My diabetic levels (according to my meter) should not go under 70 or over 170. 225 once in a while is not a big concern for my Dr., but it does bother me. Not enough to give up fairs, holidays, birthday parties, and craft events.

t-towngirl
Mayor
t-towngirl

Good morning!! We stayed home and bbq it was nice, but a bit lonley, I must admit. We played a couple of games if Rummycube to pass the time.

Fireworks are not permitted in my community, So the city has a big firework show at the rodeo grounds every year. We have never been, but can see them from our friends house.

Henri, I think I have seen the shirt in a lo. Funny they both wore it. I wore my new red blouse I had bought to wear to my daughter’s bbq, that she did not have this year.

Don, no more sweets for you !!

Have a good day everyone, I have a long list of things to get done today, so I need to get busy. If I only had had a scrapyard life!!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Fireworks were finished in our neighborhood pretty early, but some times they go late but we sleep right through them. We are both wonderful sleepers. I get up around 9:00 and nothing wakes me up! And Bill gets up around 11 and nothing outside wakes him up.

I got up one morning last week and found that the neighbor had surprised us and cut our grass with his new lawnmower. We never knew it and he came within inches of our bedroom window! We slept right through it.

As much as everyone shot fireworks around here last night, I can't imagine anyone has any left! But it really was fun watching them last night and seeing the other neighbors watching them. We were all talking today about how cool the neighborhood fireworks were. But they quit around 9:30.

I've never heard of a church selling fireworks. About all I've seen churches sell is doughnut's for raising money for young camps by holding car washes. Oh - church cookbooks sometimes. But never commercial products. To me that is very strange!

Thanks for explaining the sugar level numbers! When we go back I will have to ask what our levels are.

The doctor always tells us we are good, although one time he told Bill he was approaching pre-diabetec. He used to drink 5-6 soft drinks a day and eat a lot of candy. Now he has 1 soft drink a day and very little candy.

Blanca - we grew up in Miami and the big Fireworks show was at the Orange Bowl, quite a ways from us. Our roof was flat over the garage with gravel (all the ones I the area were at that time) so on 4th of July daddy would haul lawn chairs for all of us and we would go up the ladder and watch the Orange Bowl and other fireworks show from our rooftop.

Just went to Ruby Tuesday's for dinner. Fried shrimp, onion rings and baked potatoes. Quite full and happy now. Didn't overeat, ate just the right amount! It was buy on meal, get one free so we had to go.

t-towngirl
Mayor
t-towngirl

What a day I had. As some of you know, I live in the country, so just going to the market (or going to town as we say), takes a good 20 minutes, so I try not to go into town more than twice a week. Anyways, I spent all day running errands, because I did not want to go again, until Sunday, when I am going to my girlfriend's grandson's birthday.

Living in the country has it's perks: fresh air; wild life; friendly people; etc. But it's hard when it comes to shopping or banking, not to mention doctor's appointments or Costco runs which are an hour away in Bakersfield.

Speaking of wild life, I was talking to my neighbor yesterday, and I mentioned I had seen a lady that used to work with us, and my neighbor told me that a BEAR went into her house through a window and trashed the house, thankfully they were not home. Crazy!!

Glad you keep you eye on your sugar Don, my husband has been warned by his doctor to watch what he eats. He loves his sweets..

Ready for bed. Good night!!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

That is scary with the bear going into her house! Did she have a window open? I've not heard of them breaking a window but that doesn't mean that they don't.

Bill has dropped way down on his sugar consumption to loose weight and has dropped 39 pounds. My sugar levels have always been fine, according to my doctor, but I have cut back on everything. Seems I eat a lot of fried food lately because we eat out so much, and I always seem to go for the fried.

Nylene motherbambi
Mayor
Nylene motherbambi

Don, you watch those sugars. We need to keep you around!
I have never heard of churches selling fireworks. Around here people come to town and set up stands. Usually they are not locals.

Henri, congrats to your DH on his weight loss. That is wonderful.
My son has lost 25 lbs by eating more like he should. It's hard for him because he hates veggies. LOL

Blanca, I can't imagine a bear in the house, but I'm sure he made a big mess. I'd hate to have to clean it up. That's a bit scary!

We had an Addiction Recovery Meeting on the 4th but got home in time for all the neighborhood fireworks. They went on for over an hour, with no stop. We finally just went to sleep. They must have spent a fortune on fireworks.

I am getting better at using my hand and the wrist is less painful every day. I have actually been able to play with paper a little bit. I need that "therapy".

t-towngirl
Mayor
t-towngirl

Yes, they had the window open. I have been here for 30 plus years and it has never happened before. We have bear sittings all the time. One incident comes to mind. A few years ago, a lady was walking to her car with food, and the bear came out and jumped on the hood of her car. she honked the horn and scared him away.

We have bob cats eating peoples pets. So we really have to be aware of our surroundings. I had a coyote followed me to the mail box last summer, and I had no clue. But this lady saw it, so she picked me up and brought me home.

Linda your scrap room is very nice!! you are going to have so much fun in there.

Well, cleaning house and working today.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Raining a tiny bit, but the thunder is unbelievable. Hate being home along when its really bad and this could get really bad by the sounds and also the lightening is really bright and it isn't even dark.

No trees are blowing so I won't freak out until the trees start whipping around.

Can't believe a bear jumped on her hood! WOW! I can't even imagine. And Bobcats! Glad the woman noticed and gave you a ride!

Neighbors down the street trapped a fox and set it free in the woods. Several more have been seen at the end of the block so neighbors are setting traps (not to injure them, just to catch them to be released in the woods a few miles away.

I don't think they will bother anyone and I kind of think its exciting to see one. I don't think they will bother anyone but the people at the end of the street want them gone.

t-towngirl
Mayor
t-towngirl

The lighting and thunder scare me. Bring back childhood memories. Very seldom does CA gets thunder and lighting.

I do love the rain!!

Theresa TSC
Expert
Theresa TSC

Don, I can't imagine a church selling fireworks as a fundraiser! As for your glucose, 225 is a big deal! Kidney damage, neuropathy, circulatory issues--all a BIG deal! Watch your carbs (worse than sugars) and exercise. Then the occasional church fair birthday party or craft event won't be an issue.

Blanca, we have to drive over an hour to go to bigger stores. We do have a little grocery, mom and pop style stores and a WalMart in neighboring Central City for any big store or a mall, it's at least an hour. We live in Greenville city limits too, not country. But when the "city" is 3,000 people it's still pretty rural. Closest Costco is 3 hours away but we do have a SAMS an hour away. Biggest wild life around here would be deers, most dangerous a coyote or fox but they're pretty scared of people. We have more raccoons, skunks and dogs/cats running loose than anything else

Still have idiots shooting off the M80 style (shake the walls) fireworks in my neighborhood. It's 10:40 p.m. right now. So annoying. Will be shooting them off all weekend I'm sure.

We have Zach Williams (contemporary Christian) coming to town tomorrow night for our free Saturdays on the Square concert. So excited!!!! Even more exciting, the temperature is just supposed to be in the 80's with lower humidity. The rain that came through this afternoon dropped the temp from 97 with heat index of 105 to 79 with heat index of 79! It was on the news last night, this week Kentucky has had the highest temperatures in the entire country--including the desert--crazy!!!!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Can't believe you are still having fireworks. That is so inconsiderate of people. I love them on the 4th of July, then I'm done with them. I don't want to hear anymore.

We sleep like rocks so if anyone has been shotting them off at night we've slept through them, but I don't think anyone has. None of the neighbors have mentioned anything either so I think outs were done by about 9:30 on the 4th and then no more.

Going to bed - its 1:30AM.

t-towngirl
Mayor
t-towngirl

You went to bed late Henri. I was up until 12:30 last night watching a movie. I normally go to bed by 11:00 pm.

Theresa, hope the concert is good. The weather is kind of funky, the clouds look stormy, and that scare me, hoping we don't get a thunder Strom and start wild fires.

Had a baby shower for one of the young ladies at our church. It was a good turnout and she got a lot of gifts.

Have a good rest of your weekend everyone..

Edited by t-towngirl on 07-07-18 03:48 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Theresa TSC
Expert
Theresa TSC

Weather was absolutely perfect for the concert last night and town was packed! I went down before 8 a.m. and put our chairs out so we got front row for the 8 p.m concert. Randy was thrilled. Since I got up and out early I tackled the yard. It was a great day to be outdoors. Spent two hours weeding (no exaggeration). Randy hadn't done a very good job weed eating along the side of the house and the weeds jumped the border. It's been so dreadfully hot that I hadn't even noticed it was so bad. Took out six 5 gallon buckets of weeds but the roses look much happier! Got the yard mowed and then went with Randy to Madisonville (yes, we have to leave the county to go to the movies) to see AntMan. Those that know me, know Randy is a comic book geek. It was a cute movie. Would have enjoyed it more at home, hate spending that much money for the theater. It's not a "must see" by any means but it was funny enough to keep me entertained. If you go, don't hang around for the credits to see the clip at the end--not worth it. Let me know and I'll tell you what the 30 second clip shows.

scrapperb2
Mayor
scrapperb2

My goodness I need to catch up, first for the 4th of July we had a BBQ at home just the 2 of us, grilled chicken and a nice garden salad. With the heat who wants to cook in,

Thank you Bianca for the compliment on my New Scrap room, I do love the large space and organization, now I need to remember where I put things, funny huh?

Tomorrow chaos with start at our house. My son Kevin and family are going to be here in the am. We are meeting in Jefferson to eat breakfast at the Water Wheel. It is quite the unique "homey" and the food extremely generous. The Water Wheel actually turns.

I think the week will be busy enough and sometimes it does get on my nerves a little, I am a quiet person and I enjoy quiet.
Rene is cooking a turkey tomorrow, and I don't have much of an idea what the plans are. I do know Kevin and Lara are going over night and Allen will stay here. He is 14 now.

Carrie asked if we could keep the girls over night on Thurs. also as in the am they have to leave at 4:30 am to go to the hospital for Colin's cancer. The girls don't know yet.

Sunday will be the big BBQ/Birthday Bash for Allen. His party theme is soccer and we are going to surprise him so much. WE never spent one birthday with him as they live in NV. Carrie is making a deep chocolate cake with white frosting, he loves that and we have cake toppers to finish it off. I am taking lots of photos this week.

Diabetes can be a complimented disease. I watch my sugar levels closely and my A1C count. My sister on the other hand has a difficult time with hers.

Good news, I went to my doctor and my blood count is still in a good range. It did drop some but I don't need any treatments right now. Thank you God and all the prayers sent my way!!

Have to go, I am printing some photos so I can try to start some new scrapping, but with company I don't know how far I will get.

Talk to you all later, Linda Yes the heat has been extremely bad, very little rain, we need it so bad

t-towngirl
Mayor
t-towngirl
In response to scrapperb2

Good morning ladies!! Had a busy fun weekend.

Theresa, you worked hard on the yard. We can’t keep a pretty yard no matter what. So flowers in pots is my gardening.

Linda congratulations on your blood count!! I can relate to getting excited when the kids come over and by the end of the week, I am exhausted. But mine are little and have to entertain them every minute of the day.

Well, better get back to house cleaning, I was taking a break. Have a good day everyone!

don1
don1 
Expert
don1
  • don1 on 07-09-18 01:36 PM

I have had a week of fun doing nothing. I'm going to get back to it, I was just taking a break. Retirement is tough, but I'm up for the challenge.

t-towngirl
Mayor
t-towngirl
In response to don1

I wish I could just do nothing. I think I am busier now than when I was working. Scraping would be fun!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Glad you enjoyed your concert Theresa - you don't get better seats than that.

Bill takes care of our yard, fortunately. I'm too scared of snakes to work in the yard. And lizards are kind of scary to me too.

Not to mention the other bugs.

Bill has a gas push mower and he mows closet o flower beds and the flagpole and hedges, just around the edges and then does our next-door neighbors house and the one across the street. Does all 3 yards.

Then the guy next door does ours main grass with his lawnmower the same time or next day. Then the guy on the other side does the weed wacking and someone does the edging. They all 3 work on all 3 yards and I watch from the window of the air conditioning house. I have never used a lawnmower or any kind - sure I could figure it out. I'm 69 years old. If I haven't used a lawnmower yet, odds are I will never have to.

Both of my sisters-in-laws mow their yards but they have nice riding lawnmowers. One of them has a 5-acre yard to cut. The other cuts hers, which is probably close to that big and also takes care of my mom's.

I knew that Randy is a comic book Geek. I've never heard of Ant Man but it sounds like a fun movie. Glad it was funny.

Good to see you Linda. We had a nice quiet 4th of July - went out to eat mid-afternoon with friends and then just stayed home that night. Neighbors had an amazing fireworks show so we put our chairs on the front porch and watched every minute. Went for about 2 hours - so much fun. I have no interest in spending my money on fireworks or shooting them off, but watching theirs really made me stop and think of the civil war and the revolutionary war. I could just imagine Francis Scott Key writing the Star Spangled Banner and hearing the same booms and bangs and cannons in the background and seeing bombs bursting in air which the fireworks simulate.

Someone said they spent about $500 on these. We are already hoping they do it again next year! These things were breathtaking.

Our whole neighborhood was a foggy, smoking haze when everyone stopped around 9 or 9:30 because there were so many people shooting them around us but we liked that.

Everyone was so considerate to cut it off early and then we didn't hear another one after that.

The Water Wheel restaurant sounds like a fun place to go!

I have friends who really struggle with controlling their diabetes. I was so concerned when they said Bill was pre-diabetes but now he's back in normal range. I both of my daddy's sisters had diabetes and were on insulin. One was on dialysis a few days a week and the other died very young.

I bet Allen really enjoys his birthday bash and the cake sounds like one I would love!

Retirement is hard Don. I will be honest, I'm so much busier now than I ever was when I had a real job! I don't know when I found time to go to work every day. Now, I just don't have time to go to work every day and neither does Bill.

How did I raise two kids as a single mom, work all day, have dinner on the table every night and do everything else to run a household. I don't have time for any of that now!

I really admire women who work and take care of running a home. Even with two parents in the home, I don't see how they do it and work full time. I have utmost respect for women who work outside the home and take care of husband and kids. That is just exhausting just thinking about it!

Now it seems I have nothing to do all day, and I have trouble getting that done!

don1
don1 
Expert
don1
  • don1 on 07-10-18 11:25 AM

Once you learn the magic word, everything is way easier.
I have "no" down to an art form. There are many ways to "just say no".

t-towngirl
Mayor
t-towngirl
In response to don1

Lol! I think that is my problem, I don't know how to say no.

Henri, I could not imagine five acres. We have one and that is more than enough. Too much work for Art. Wish we had money to build a nice outdoor recreation area with a kitchen and a fireplace and a bathroom. Need to win the lotto.

Linda, hope you are having fun with the kids and they are not wearing you out.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to don1

Oh Don - my time is really busy - traveling and scrapping and going out to lunch and dinner and just staying busy accomplishing absolutely nothing! I don't have time to get a job or actually do anything. I way to busy just enjoying life.

tinacloer
Expert
tinacloer

Good morning scrappy friends!!!

Life here is cruising along. We had a really nice 4th, we had friends over for a cookout and watched the fireworks. Since we live in downtown Indy, our neighbors block both ends of the street off and we all take our lawnchairs out and sit in the street to watch the city's fireworks display from there. It was really fun.

Bianca - where do you live? I'd be scared to death of bears and bobcats. I was afraid of the coyotes in our old neighborhood and we had a hawk that made a home in our tree out back, I was always afraid that he'd get my little dog. I'd die if I saw a bear up close.

I had a crazy day at work yesterday, I had a big grant request that had to be submitted and ran into all kinds of last minute glitches. I ended up staying late to get it done, but thankfully it's turned in, so the rest of my week is just meetings, so that will be easy.

Mallory (our 20 year old), is getting a new car today, so I'm taking her after work to pick it up. It's a bright blue Civic, she's super excited. She's still in college, but put back enough money to pay most of her payments, so we are helping her a bit. She's a miser with her cash, so I'm sure she will be fine. Her current car has needed multiple big repairs, so I'll be happy to see it go.

Theresa - Ron and his friend saw the Antman movie and really liked it. He said the same thing about the extra scene, but he thought the movie was really funny.

Nylene - how is your wrist recovering?

I guess I should get moving, I have a meeting in an hour and haven't started getting ready. Have a happy day all!

t-towngirl
Mayor
t-towngirl
In response to tinacloer

Nice to "see you" Tina. I live in Tehachapi, CA a mountain community, between Mojave and Bakersfield.

I had a honda civic back in the 90's and I loved it. Gave it to my son and he drove it for a couple of years. They are good cars.

My sister's neighborhood, also block the street for fourth of July. It's fun.

I had a doctor's appointment yesterday and husband took motor home to get new tires. Still no license plates or registration. Which means we can't take our first trip. Yay!! I am in no hurry.

Henri, hope you are enjoying your vacation.

Talk later, have to go run some errands.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Just popping in for a minute. No news. Bill is down at the license plate convention right now and I'm going to go join him in a few minutes. No internet or convenient place to plug in the computer, but I did get two pages done yesterday while I was sitting with him.

t-towngirl
Mayor
t-towngirl

Hello, not much going on here either. Hope you are enjoying your vacation Henri.

Where is everyone else??? Vacationing? Having fun with family?Hope you are enjoying whatever you are doing.

Toni, how are you feeling?

Neylen is your hand better?

Nylene motherbambi
Mayor
Nylene motherbambi

Hi, everyone! We have had so many different kinds of appts. this week, Dentist, Dermatology, GP, Orthopedic etc, etc. It seems like we spend a lot of time in waiting rooms.

I am trying to get ready for Cousin Camp on the 23rd and 24th. Our little DGD, Sammie, is little "Miss Organization" and always works up an agenda and a list of games and activities and usually the theme too. We FaceTimed together the other night and I had to giggle at how organized and excited she is. She is definitely her mother's daughter!! Our theme is Oceans of Fun and she has lots of water games that she sent me on Pinterest. LOL She has been doing this since she was 7. She's 11 this year.

Invitations have been sent to each cousin and t-shirts have been ordered. Now I just have the house to get ready....and find some extra energy somewhere.

My wrist is doing well. I only have to wear the brace when in the car or when doing heavy things. Otherwise, it's just lots of exercises to get it and the fingers moving again. I am looking forward to some heavy scrapping after the kids go home.

Our weather has been hot and with winds. It is making the fire-fighting very difficult. They aren't close to us, but we can smell them. My husband was a range fire fighter one summer while we were in college and it is hot, miserable and dangerous work.

I hope each of you stay cool and have a great weekend.

t-towngirl
Mayor
t-towngirl

Deer By T-towngirl

These are the kind of creatures we have roaming the neighborhood. This morning I had one in my back yard just looking at us.

Theresa TSC
Expert
Theresa TSC

Nylene I want to come to Cousins Camp!!!!!! I told Kate about your yearly camps. Doubt she'll let me do one here for the grands but she liked the idea for her nieces.

Blanca, we have deer here too, also foxes, coyotes, raccoons and skunks. Someone said they heard a bobcat the other night, not happy about that one but they keep cutting the woods down to build houses, the animals have to go somewhere.

Work has continued to be crazy. Told Randy that the hours are taking their toil. On the good front, the paychecks are great and I'm too tired to spend them so our savings is growing, LOL. I had to go to Owensboro today for work. Stopped by the hospital to visit a friend from church and the Hobby Lobby isn't far from the hospital so I bopped in there. Needed a new skin color Copic marker and some pop dots for a Quick Quotes class I'm taking in Newburgh, IN tomorrow. Got out for $22, was too tired to shop! Headed to my monthly crop at church. Plan on making a couple of birthday cards and probably won't do anything else but visit with friends.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

So good to see you Nylene. I'm thrilled for you that your wrist is doing so well.

I really love the cousin camp you do every year for the kids. Its so good for all of them to be able to spend this time together and with you and your husband doing projects.

Has he got any word working or shop projects for them?

Sounds like Sammie is quite the helper to work so hard to help get everything organized and being a kid - she really knows what kids enjoy!

Look at all the deer! I couldn't believe we would see deer here in Valley Forge, but we saw a field with at least 15 of them a few nights ago. I took pictures but the flash made them look like eyes with no bodies. Really, kind of creepy - like aliens.

Hope you have fun at your crop Theresa. Quite frequently I accomplish nothing on paper but have a great time just visiting.

t-towngirl
Mayor
t-towngirl

Neyleen, so nice to see you. Your cousins camp sounds lime a lot of fun. My daughter used to be like your granddaughter, very organized and focused. a good trade that carried into her adult life. My granddaughter on the other hand, it's a different story.

Have fun at the crop Theresa, the best part is visiting with friends. That is what I miss the most.

Heading to Ontario, CA tomorrow (about a two hour drive) for my brother and sil 20th wedding anniversary party, then they head out to Ireland for ten days. It's going to be a long day because we are coming back home, too hot to go to Palm Springs.

Henri, hope you are enjoying your vacation.

don1
don1 
Expert
don1
  • don1 on 07-13-18 10:43 PM

Hi Nylene, happy to know you are healing. We are 5 months from Berla's wrist fracture, and no pain. So it seems you are right on track. Her Dr. said in a year she won't even know it happened.

Nylene motherbambi
Mayor
Nylene motherbambi
In response to don1

Thanks for the encouragement, Don. The twisting motion is still in recovery, and it isn't yet as strong as the other hand, but that will come. I hope your wife continues to do well. I think it was nearly a year before I was back to normal when I broke my right wrist 6 years ago.

You are all invited to Cousin Camp. It is organized chaos with 9 kids running around our small home, but it is really fun. Steve has some shop projects in mind. My daughters are all jealous of my wooden glue gun stand, so that may be one of them.

Blanca, Sammie's mom was just like Sammie. She watched and participated as her older sisters did 4-H. When she was 12 she gathered a group of 9-10 year old neighbor girls and started her own group as a Jr. Leader. She taught them to do counted cross stitch and to make healthy snacks. She wrote her own lesson plans and ran the meeting under my direction. She's now a Girl Scout and Cub Scout leader. I think some kids just come with a leadership gene.

Henri, do you have any more travels in the near future? You and your husband reminder me of the Energizer Bunny. I don't know how you keep up with all the travel.

Theresa, I'm sorry they are working you so hard. I do understand about "more hours, more money, and no time to spend it". The little nest egg helps, but it takes a toll. That's how I felt the last 2 years working at the Dr.'s office. Long, long days. Say hello to Randy for me. Maybe you can talk Kate into letting the girls stay overnight and you can start developing traditions. That's how our Cousin Camp started. It was just a "grandma sleepover" until Sammie renamed it and added more fun and activities.

Tina, congrats to Mallory on the new car. I'm sure she's excited!
Are you settled into your new home? How has the adjustment been?

Toni, I love the layouts you have been doing. Maybe being off your feet has been good for your scraproom! Hope you are healing well. Hugs.

Waving to everyone!! Have a great weekend.

Edited by Nylene motherbambi on 07-14-18 09:54 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Nylene motherbambi

Hello!

We are in Valley Forge tonight again. We had a license plate meet for Bill from Tuesday through noon today (Saturday) and now its our time. We spent the afternoon touring Valley Forge.

Tomorrow we will see Philadelphia, including the liberty bell and Independence Hall and other things and stay in this hotel again tomorrow night.

Then Monday morning we drive to Hershey, PA and spend the afternoon at World of Chocolate. We are signed up for all kinds of activities. Tuesday morning we will go to the Hershey museum and that afternoon drive through Lancaster and then on to Gettysburg. Then on Thurday morning at 11:00 we have an appointment at Sentaor Rubio's office in Washington to pick up VIP Capital Building tickets. After that we don't know.

September 10th, we MAY take a 30 day cruise to Tahiti, get off the ship and spend 30 days in Tahiti and then get back on the ship and spend 2 more weeks getting to New Zealand.

From there we will get to Hawaii for a couple weeks. I want to be home for Christmas. Should be gone 3 1/2 months if the trip works out. We are still discussing it.

Also discussing another cruise in January that takes 80 days to go around South America. We been around South America before, but this one goes to some different ports and also cruises close enough to Anartica to see the penguin colonies. If we do that, we will spend a couple days in Machu Picchu. Bill has been working with a tour guide on that one.

Other than that - no other trips.

Theresa TSC
Expert
Theresa TSC

Had a great time at the Quick Quotes super day. I made some really awesome page kits and an all season album (actually just the divider pages of the album but it's got the divided pages for 4x6 photos so it's really "done" with no pages. Makes no sense I know but it is really cute! Biggest news is that I won the Canon Selphy photo printer that they gave away as the door prize. Stoked about it!

t-towngirl
Mayor
t-towngirl

Congratulations Theresa!! That is so cool.

Had a great time at the anniversary party, but it took almost four hours to make a two hour trip because of the traffic. Ridicules!! took a little over two hours to get home. Got home at midnight. It was a looooong day!

They leave for Ireland on Thursday, they are very excited.

Henri, your trips sound amazing, I sure hope they materialize. Art would love to go to Machu Pichu some day.

Wanted to scrap today but to tired to do so. The month is half over and I have not scraped one thing yet.

It's hot today, even up here in the mountain.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Congratulations Theresa! What a great prize! Way to go!

don1
don1 
Expert
don1
  • don1 on 07-15-18 06:43 PM

I want live in the hotel across the street from the Hershey's factory. The discussion phase of this idea was extremely short, and a disappointment.

t-towngirl
Mayor
t-towngirl
In response to don1

Lol! Don, I don’t blame the queen for the short discussion.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Too funny Don! Actually, we found Hershey, PA to be beautiful, so pretty. Homes here are beautiful and every yard in maintained and beautiful!

However, I don't think we would much care for a Hershey winter!

don1
don1 
Expert
don1
  • don1 on 07-16-18 08:24 PM

Chocolate cures everything.

Theresa TSC
Expert
Theresa TSC
In response to don1

I've informed my family that when the end comes for me I want a chocolate IV or feeding tube, which ever will get it in faster!

don1
don1 
Expert
don1
  • don1 on 07-17-18 02:19 PM

• Theresa TSC Said:
I've informed my family that when the end comes for me I want a chocolate IV or feeding tube, which ever will get it in faster!

I wonder if I can add that to my living will.

t-towngirl
Mayor
t-towngirl
In response to don1

Lol! Theresa, You know what they say "life is short, eat dessert first" at the point life is even shorter.

Don, I will put it on my living trust, after all, they have to grant you your last wishes.

Hope everyone is staying indoors and keeping cool. Some of Southern CA has been having thunders storms and that really scares me. As much as I would like some rain, I hope the storms don't head our way.

Going out to dinner with friends tonight. Excited to see them, we have all been traveling, so it will be nice to catch up.

Stay cool my friends!

Nylene motherbambi
Mayor
Nylene motherbambi

Is anyone else having trouble with this site. I have not been able to see things as normal since last night. I hope this will post.

don1
don1 
Expert
don1
  • don1 on 07-18-18 01:57 PM
In response to Nylene motherbambi

Nylene, you gotta quit drinking that stuff.

Theresa TSC
Expert
Theresa TSC
In response to don1

I see you Nylene!

Blanca, hope you (and everyone else on here) has a good night.

Today was Randy's birthday and, as the older friends know, that means he gets to choose activities all day. I scheduled clients around me not working today. We went to Nashville TN through Clarksville and home through Bowling Green stopping at comic book stores along the way. It was a LONG day! Did have a great lunch in Clarksville. I mostly stayed in the car with the exception of going into an Old Tyme Pottery store and a consignment store outside two of the stores he wanted to go to. I spent $3 on a shirt, that's it. Randy didn't buy a thing until we got back into Bowling Green. Sure wish we'd started there, would have made a much shorter day, LOL. Oh well, once a year I'll let him have a day. Oh we did go to SAMs Club too but that was the last spot and he wanted to get meat there so it was still his choice. Left early this morning and not home until after 6. Finally had to make him turn the TV off the politics, he wasn't watching anyway he was reading his comics. I'm pooped, headed to bed soon I'm sure. Have to leave at 8 in the morning in order to get to my first client at 9. Have them scheduled all day tomorrow.

t-towngirl
Mayor
t-towngirl

Theresa, my husband gets those days every time we go to Bakersfield. I am lucky if I can stop at Michael’s or Joan’s for half hour. I think I am doing something wrong. Tomorrow we have a full day planned and not five minutes are dedicated to what I would like to do.

Maybe I should start asking for a day to what I would like to do on my birthday and mother’s day.

Hi Neyleen!!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

I remember the kindest, sweetest, most appreciated mother's day gift I ever got. Sadly, it was from an ex-husband.

On Friday he told me to make a list of every chore, household thing and honey-do thing I could find that I wanted done.

I wanted shelves up in the guest room which had to be bought, closet rods raised or lowered, some painting touchup, deadbolts put on doors, a baseboard removed and replaced, pictures hung, there were at least 21 projects on my list. Things I could deal with if they weren't done, but still, things that would be nice to have done. Leaky faucets - toilet that kept running after flushing until you jiggled the handle.

That night, he made out a list of everything he would need to do the repairs and checked his supplies on hand.

On Saturday he shopped and bought everything he needed and prepped areas that needed painting - puttied holes from pictures that were once on the wall - that kind of thing.

Sunday we went to church, got home early, stopped for quick mother's day dinner ahead of the crowds and when we got home he went to work. He worked to midnight. Everything got done that day but one or two things, which he did the next day.

That was one of my favorite presents of all times.

Page 13 of 13 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics