Page 17 of 17 
Username Post: CHATTY SCRAPPERS        (Topic#1664413)
Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean
In response to t-towngirl

Theresa - hope the bad weather stays away from your crop Friday night! I lived in Georgia and I can remember where once every 2 or 3 years weather shut everything down. Of course, in Atlanta - no one knows how to drive in the snow, and the few who do are in danger from all the people who don't know how.

Blanca - glad your computer is up! That is awesome. I'm lost without mine. When we are at my mothers for 4 or 5 days I miss it so much, but now with mobile hot spot, had computer at mom's house.

While I was in surgery a few days ago - before I went in I showed Bill how to use his mobile hot spot and he was able to play words with friends and check email while I was getting carved up. Was good for him. And the surgery was great for me - I really feel fantastic. So much better than before.

Going shopping this morning with Joe I think - if he is available and dinner out tonight with friends.

t-towngirl
Mayor
t-towngirl
In response to Henri Jean

Henri, I know you were in pain, glad the surgery really helped.

Well, took the day off from working on the house. Art did, but I ran a lot of errands, tomorrow, I am going to a luncheon at the club house. It will be nice to be away from the home remodeling.

Theresa, hope you don’t get snow. I called my neighbor yesterday, and they have not have any yet.

Waving hi to everyone else.

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

GRRRRRR just lost another post!

Joe came over and we watched another episode of Hawaii Five-0 and then Joe and I talked for about 3 hours. We talked about him growing up and when he lived with his father for a while and so many things. I really really enjoyed the time we had together. I'm looking forward to going shopping and running errands with him tomorrow.

t-towngirl
Mayor
t-towngirl

Is nice to sit down and have a one on o e conversation with our grown kids, especially when they are so busy with their lives. So much better than a text or quick phone call.

Enjoy your time with him tomorrow.

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

Thanks Blanca - you are right! I treasure the time we spent together last night. We talked about his childhood, times we were separated and he lived with his dad and how unhappy he was living in California, we talked about how poor we were when it was just me and Joe and his brother trying to make it - kind of us against the world when I was single and raising an 18 month old and a 3 1/2 year old. We talked about Joe's dreams and goals when he graduates. Really a special time for us last night.

Theresa TSC
Expert
Theresa TSC

Greetings from a very cold KY. 19 this morning when I went to the dentist. Has warmed up to 40 but the air is bitter. Went and got my hair cut and colored today. Looks great! Can't get a decent photo but posted one on FB and I'll try to link it below. Normally too frugal to pay for my hair and guess it shows. She spent 2-1/2 hours on me today and only cost $65. I feel like I've been cheating myself for years on getting it to look nice now, LOL.

https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/50086321_...

Looks like we're definitely going to get something tonight but it's going to depend on the temperatures if it's rain, ice or snow.

t-towngirl
Mayor
t-towngirl
In response to Theresa TSC

Good morning! Sunny but a little cool. We are supposed to get rain, we will see.

Theresa, your hair looks nice! Like the color and highlights. I never do anything to my hair. Only colored it once in 20’s and ended up cutting my hair because I did not like it. I swore I would never do it again.

I am too old to start now. Because I have curly unruly hair, I really don’t bother with it. It has a mind of it s own.

Art is hard at work mudding some more and I am taking the day off. I am tired of it.

Henri, enjoy your shopping!

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

Your hair looks amazing Theresa - love the cut and the color! I can't imagine anyone being so reasonably priced - you found someone good who charges fairly. A great combination but hard to find.

Love the photo clock in the background behind you too.

Had a great day Blanca. Doctor's appointment this morning then lunch with a girlfriend - such a fun 2 1/2 hours, then Joe picked me up at the restaurant and we took off running. Got so much done! I have so much fun with Joe - can't believe he is going back to school on Sunday.

Theresa TSC
Expert
Theresa TSC

awww, thanks! Had several say the hair style makes me look younger. Funny too because I had to go to a funeral visitation last night and ran into two women that recognized me from high school. They knew me right away and both said I looked just like I did in high school. I had the old hair last night. I had no idea who they were, thought they were older than me, turns out they were both younger! The new style might make me look even younger than high school!

Blanca, I saw the clock design online somewhere and ordered the phrase and clock face from Amazon. Could have cut the design myself but where ever I found it was really cheap and figured my time was worth more. The little frames are $1 frames. Took me FOREVER to get it on the wall straight. I even used string on a nail to get the clock arms straight and still had trouble. Can't tell you how many holes I had to spackle, LOL. I love it now though. Really easy to change the photos out.

Well our weather said we were going to get snow starting at 5 and then turn to freezing rain/ice so I cancelled my crop. Snow started around 8:30 and it's sleeting now. We have about 1/2 inch of snow. Northern parts of the county are still getting snow but Greenville is on the line where it's going between snow/freezing rain. Probably be a slippery mess by morning. Randy doesn't have to go to work til 11 and I'm staying in all day. Did scrap here at the house and got more done than if I'd went to the crop because I didn't have anyone to talk too, LOL. I'll get photos loaded up tomrrow, too tired now.

scrapperb2
Queen
scrapperb2

Hello You all,
even though the day was quite chilly, -15 this am, but now about 8 and dropping. Darn Canada, they should not share so much winter weather.

Today was our monthly scrap gathering. We had so much fun together, we laugh a lot, get some scrapping done, exchange ideas and tools. Today we decided to call us the "PG's" popular girls as none of us were and don't care, but just a fun crazy thing to do. I made 2 layouts and 3 cards. I am beginning to like making "simple cards" to go with my "simple layouts".

Tomorrow I think I will finish getting my new tablet finished being set up the way I want. My old one works very good but I just wanted a new one.

My surgery went extremely well. My small intestines are healing nicely, my color is better and not so tired all the time. Last night I slept 8 1/2 hours---wow. It has been so long being sick I didn't know what it felt like to feel great. I am even smiling a lot now. We all celebrated last night with pizza, chicken wings onion rings, yummy junk food. My dd's family and us had a great time. The girls are so fun.

Well I have to go so I can find some snack to eat for dinner. I am not very hungry just a little. Take care talk soon Linda

Theresa TSC
Expert
Theresa TSC
In response to scrapperb2

Linda that's great news!!!!! LOL over PG title, we used Calendar Girls as our name at 2P's and there were just a few that would have been considered a real calendar girl.

Uploaded three layouts that I did last night.

Potty training By Theresa TSC

My dolly By Theresa TSC

Gatlinburg Aquarium By Theresa TSC

We didn't get really anything from the "winter storm" Snowed some but not even 1/2 inch, freezing rain but then thankfully just rain that cleared it all away already by 10:30 this morning.

t-towngirl
Mayor
t-towngirl

Linda, wonderful news!! Hope and pry you keep getting stronger as time goes by.

Oh how I miss my crops with my friends. So much fun, even we did not get much done.

We had a lo of rain today, but we ended up going to an RV show to met some friends that RV full time and are here on a rally. We meet every year. We used to be neighbors and co workers. After retirement, they left CA and now spend about 10 months on the road. I know I could not do that!

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

Linda you sound so amazing! I was so worried about you and it sounds like you are better than ever! And best of all, it sounds like you are really happy and enjoying life!

Glad you day went wall Blanca. I don't blame you at all. I don't want to RV for 10 months. I don't want to RV for 10 days. I want a nice hotel with a private shower that is normal size - not an RV shower or community park shower - but my own normal shower. I want to eat in restaurants but I don't want to cook or clean house on the road.

To me, that is not a vacation at all!

Joe goes back to school tomorrow. I am so unhappy about that - won't see him until spring break, and we may not even be here. I think we are going to try to go to Hawaii in February, not sure. We take military hops so we never know until a day or two before we try to get on the plain because flights are not announced more than 72 hours out.

Bill is getting itchy for another cruise and can't find one that looks interesting.

I am Asia'd out forever and right now, I'm South Pacific'd out for a while. Don't know where I would want to go. Could do Europe, Mediterranean or Australia again.

don1
don1 
Pro
don1
  • don1 on 01-12-19 11:17 PM

Linda, glad to see you are vertical and ambulatory.
Theresa, is that your high school picture?

Theresa TSC
Expert
Theresa TSC
In response to don1

Oh Don you charmer you!

t-towngirl
Mayor
t-towngirl

Theresa, you do look young.

We had to make a trip to Tehachapi and we came to snow ad rain!
Why did I let Art talk me into coming. The weather was cool in Palm Springs, but nothing compared to here.

Besides the nasty drive, nothing new here, and I guess that is a good thing.

don1
don1 
Pro
don1
  • don1 on 01-15-19 10:25 AM

Blanca, we stopped and camped there once next to a small airfield there. Two things I remember was a huge windmill area, and a paved grid of streets, like a small housing area. All the plots were weedy. It just looked weird. I looked on Google Earth and nothing looked as I remember.

Also I finally had my BCG treatment and it was a snap. It didn't hurt and I don't have any of the after effects I was led to believe would happen. I do have 5 more treatments.

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean
In response to don1

So glad your treatments went well Don! Such good news. You will sail right through the next 5 treatments knowing what to expect now!

t-towngirl
Mayor
t-towngirl

Don, do your ember what year that was? Tehachapi has grown a lot in the last few years. You probably stoped by the local municipal airport.

Glad your treatment went well. Hopefully the next five will go dry smoothly. Prayers!

Have been in the road ALL day! And we had rain all the way. And all this because the stupid motor home. Sorry, but I just do t lime I. I know and accept the rack that I am not a supportive wife.

Almost ho e, Thank God,

Kimberly Rae
Diva
Kimberly Rae

Hello all, some of you may remember me from other groups, looking for a nice scrapbook group to join in on. For those of you who don't know me, I have been paper crafting since 2003 in earnest... I was a dabbler, and then when my husband bought me a copy of Creating Keepsakes after my grandmother sent me this huge box of photos, well, I was hooked.

I also make cards, and Bible journal, as well as planner stuff and mixed media... you might call me an all around paper crafter. I also write a crafty and self care blog http://theduchessofsassyt own.blogspot.com. I've been a panel member on the Storyline product launch for Heidi Swapp, and have been a scrapbook instructor at a prominent scrapbook store (which unfortunately folded after the big scrapbook crash of 09). You can also find me on Instagram @theduchessofsassytown.

On a personal level, I'm a happy homemaker with no kids, married to my sweetheart since 97 and I'm a woman of faith, a fierce friend, and total scifi geek.

I'm just here looking to make friends and a nice place to hangout and talk shop (scrapbooking) .

Kimberly Rae
Diva
Kimberly Rae
In response to Kimberly Rae

VDub Birthday.... By Kimberly Rae Here's a little bit of my cardmaking work

toni-n-tn
Diva
toni-n-tn

morning peeps... Welcome Kim.

Theresa - love, love your new hair... you look fab - but you always did
Linda - wow, you do sound wonderful! So glad the surgery went well for you. You sound so lighthearted and delightful. Keep it all up
Bianca - yeah, don't know if I could do all that traveling in an RV. Thought years ago maybe I would like to do that, now I'm not so sure.
Don - Yeah for you! I hope the next five treatments go as well.
Henri Jean - Tired of Asia??? LOL. I guess you do need a break from there then. Hawaii in February does sound wonderful though

All the same here...except the woman I worked directly under got moved to another school (a teacher left, so she's taking her spot) ...so far it's been really nice, although very, very busy. Joanns hours have been drastically cut, so I'm down to like three days a week...
no complaints here, at least until the check comes, LOL.
But I've been able to sort things out at school, and go through things since she'll be taking a lot of stuff with her,
so I've grabbed some copies of things and stuff like that.

Speaking of which, I need to get going.
Hope everyone has a super day.
Hi Nylene and Tina - miss you guys/girls rather.

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean
In response to toni-n-tn

Good to see you Kimberly! Used to see you around the boards quite a bit! Glad to know you are still scrapping!

Toni - there are some places in Asia I really do love Singapore and next time I'm in China I want to go to the panda sanctuary and pay a ridiculous amount of money (about $275.00 for 10 minutes) and hold a baby panda. Top of my bucket list and Bill has agreed to it.

But in general - given a choice, I've had enough Asia. I enjoy Europe, Australia, New Zealand, Greece, South Pacific, Caribbean, Netherlands, Scotland, Ireland, St. Petersburg and other places in the Baltic, Norway up to the Polar Ice Cap and other places a lot more and so does Bill. Also tired of Arab countries like Dubai and Oman and Abu Dhabi, although I love Cairo and Karnak in Egypt, think I have had enough of those too.

We are both kind of tired of South America but Bill does want us to go into the Amazon once - haven't done that yet.

Think Hawaii in February fell apart. Not sure. I was getting all my medical things done from mid January to Mid February, then we were going to be free to hit the road and take off travelling again. Hawaii - and from there, we don't know where.

However, I was scheduled next Wednesday for my first cataract surgery and then a week or two later for the second one. Last Friday I had a stent put in my veins inside my upper thigh. Went for pre-of and when they found I just had the stent put in, they cancelled the cataract surgery for 3 months.

So I have add vein stent, one ablation treatment and have two more ablation treatments. We both have our annual skin cancer check ups just to make sure. Never had a problem, don't want one, but if there is one, we want to catch it early.

Also have blood work and our semi-annual physicals and Bill has an appointment early Feb to have his pacemaker recorded and monitored in office and then goes back for visit with cardiologist. His battery _pacemaker) is running low and he has to see when he needs a new one. I think his was at 2.8% left end of February and they won't change it until it is about 1.3% - and I may have the numbers way off. Just know he was hoping to do that in early Feb if its down low enough so they can do it. They won't do it unless it is really low - but once it gets that low, its still good for 90-120 days and they change them in that grace period - not before.

I anticipated everything would be done - my vein ablations and cataract surgeries would be good for life, Bill's pacemaker would be good for 7 or 8 years again, skin care check up would be done for another year and we would be doctor appointment free.

Not so. Now the stupid cataract surgery will be around April. So we will have to wait until then before we travel again, or go somewhere for just 2 months and we don't like being limited like that. I could postpone the cataract surgery until we come back, but I'm very tired of trying to see with these cataracts.

Theresa TSC
Expert
Theresa TSC

Greetings all!

Don, glad to hear the first treatment went so well, prayers that the others do too.

Kimberly, we're happy to have you join us. I do remember you vaguely from 2P's I think. Might be just from here, I don't remember anything anymore!

Toni, glad the new boss is working out. I hear ya on happy to work less til the check comes in!

Henri, sorry about the cancelled surgery and then the traveling too.

Blanca, my dad used to want to travel in a RV. I might be able to because I do like to set my own schedule but I'm also one that prefers to stay in a nice hotel and I'm not one for RV showers, LOL. It would beat the pop up camper we used to take places though, it leaked it in the rain.

Headed to Lexington this weekend, quite excited but that means I won't be checking in here for a few days. Supposed to get a full day of snow in KY on Saturday and then be bitter cold Sunday and Monday. May end up staying in Lexington until Monday if it snows too much. Right now I have clients scheduled but I can reschedule them til the next week if I need to.

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

Theresa, please drive safely in this weather! Its nasty in so much of the country.

I think it is in the high 40's - low 50's today but this weekend its supposed to get really cold. Okay - it going to get really cold for central Florida. Quiet laughing. I don't take the cold well and neither does Bill. We usually run away every winter.

t-towngirl
Mayor
t-towngirl

I had three crazy days. It’s time for it slow down.

Since iit rain all day yesterday,we could not work on the house, today was really cloudy, but no rain. Hoping it’s better tomorrow.

Safe travels Theresa!

Toni, so nice to see you back. Is it a good thing that you are not working that much at JoAnn’s? I have been avoiding that store, because every time I go, I spend money that’s I do not Need to spend.

Linda and Don, hope you guys are feeling betterthese days.

Henri, too bad about the eye surgery, I know you were looking forward to start traveling again.

I would like to know what it feels to be tired of Asia and The Arab countries! Like I have said before, you are a lucky lady.

Waiving Hito Tena and Nylene!

Welcome Kimberly.

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

We will probably go on to Hawaii in February, just have to be back in 2 months or prolong the surgery longer. I really want it over with. Tired of blurred vision and tired of keeping up with glasses.

Cleaning crew just left. Felt like wrapping my husband around a tree. They speak Spanish only (few words of English so I can communicate with them) but they do a fabulous job and today was a big deep cleaning.

They started the townhouse (Joe's house which is very small and not used much - only when he is home for school break at 5AM and did the guest house which is one room, and then our house.

I like to be gone so they can work.

Bill likes to follow them around and talk to them in Spanish and it really slows them down. They are nice about it but they would rather get their work done - they have two more houses to do this afternoon.

Anyway, they were to do our main house at 7AM and Bill scheduled cable guy for 8:00AM. He had to tear our house apart - or the living room completely to get behind the tv in the entertainment section. Then he was all in the attic and running cables through the living room. What a pain!

They saved the living room until last because the cable guy was in there and still, he had cables and junk everywhere and the entertainment system pulled apaert while they were trying to clean.

Getting ready to get the second leg ablanted soon. Tipsy because I have to take 3 valiums in the 2 hours previous to surgery - one at 2 hours, one at one hour and one at 30 minutes.

I don't take drugs and even with one down, I'm not walking to good. Two more and I'll be a basket case but that is what they want. They only use lidocaine for the surgery so they want you completely loopy so you won't care what they are doing and the blood won't freak you out.

Worked for the one 3 days ago so guess it will again today.

Then only one more ablation treatment and I'm done. I may do some cosmetic vein surgery later - will see if its needed after all of this.

Nylene motherbambi
Mayor
Nylene motherbambi

Hi, friends!
Welcome Kimberly. We are happy to have you join us.
Your VW card is really cute.

Things have been busy here, but I've decided that's how life is going to be forever. My knee is really getting bad and I need the replacement but have so many things to consider. It will leave DH without any transportation and we are committed to lead our Addiction Recovery groups until Aug. I am hoping to hang on until then.

Henri, I can't imagine being tired of Asia. We have only been there once to visit DD, but except for the cold, we loved every minute. You guys have been just about every place in the world. I hope you have a great Hawaii trip. Glad your surgery went well.

Toni, how is your knee after the replacement? I'm glad things are good at school. Our JoAnn's has lots of fabric customers, but you don't see many people in the crafty sections. How are your kids doing?

Blanca, I am sorry that the RV-ing has been a bit like you thought it would. I'd hate it because I would have to drive the big 'ole thing! How are the little boys?

Theresa, you will always look like a teenager! I love your cut and color. I've finally given in and colored mine. I was getting enough gray that it was really mousy. My hairdresser of 30 years went on a 18 month mission with her husband. How dare she leave me??? Take care in the snow and tell Randy hello for me.

Don and Linda, I am thrilled to know that you are both doing so well. I hope the next 5 treatments are as easy as the last one, Don. Linda, it makes my heart so happy to see you posting happy things. You had me really worried!

Tina has been posting a bit over at 2peasrefugees so she is doing well. They had a great trip to Orlando.
Waving hello, Tina, if you are here.

I am having a hard time getting much scrapping done. A page now and then is about all I do. I miss it. I thought retirement was supposed to be LEISURE! LOL.

Gotta run! Have a great weekend, everyone.

t-towngirl
Mayor
t-towngirl
In response to Nylene motherbambi

Nylene, so nice to see you pop in. My gypsy boys are getting so big. They both played soccer and they liked it. Kellan is playing basketball now and loving it. My son said he is a much better player at basketball than soccer.

Cody is still doing his karate. He is in school now.

I hope none of you are affected by the snow storms. If you are, be safe and stay warm.

Have a nice weekend everyone!

scrapperb2
Queen
scrapperb2

Hello Everybody,
I am so happy to be able to POP in this afternoon. It is always nice to meet new friends for me. Glad to meet you Kim.

Nice to see you also Nylene, hopefully your knee will hold up until your obligations are completed. My husband has a knee replacement and it went so well, while his sister pampered herself for weeks and she has problems with hers.

Gee Henri, I would love to have the travel bug and freedom to be able to travel the world over and over. Good for you, but I would like to go to Hawaii with you, maybe someday. Good luck on all your medical issues.

We have everything ready for the snowstorm heading our way tonight into Sunday. Up to 20" will fall, hopefully less but we won't get any freezing rain. Then the C-O-L-D comes in, way below zero and I will be staying in for sure. The granddaughters are out riding the snow mobiles this afternoon before the big storm hits. Alexis is very good handling her machine at 12 and weighing 78 lbs.

Hey Don I am so happy for you that things went so well for you. I have been fighting this anemia problem almost 4 years and the infusions weren't working. Now that the unexpected surgery into my small intestines was so successful I feel like my old self will return in 3-4weeks. I will find out what my numbers are next Wednesday. Wish me luck

I went out this afternoon for a few hours to spend time with my daughter's family. I love being around them as they are happy, uplifting Godly family with sound values. They make me feel so good when I am there.

I must close for now and hope to pop in again soon. Take care everybody and have a great week.

t-towngirl
Mayor
t-towngirl
In response to scrapperb2

Hi Linda, so glad you stopped by. Hope all goes well on Wednesday. Please let us know.

Try to stay warm!

Kimberly Rae
Diva
Kimberly Rae

Thank you all for the warm welcome. Good to see you again Henri. I don't know who does IG here but there is some amazing papercrafting gorgeousness being posted for Creativation out in Phoenix, AZ. If you have Instagram you need to follow that feed to see the best and brightest for all the new paper and DIY collections this year. American Crafts is really kicking it up with new paper lines by Amy Tangerine and Lisa Boutin! And Heidi Swapp, that girl is off the hook this year.

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

I think my favorite new paper designers have been Viv & Ella. I find myself constantly buying their papers to scan and use digitally. THe color is so full and rign and they aren't too frou-frou for me. They just look rich and expensive and the colors are bold. I seem to buy more of theirs than anything. I never even heard of it a few years ago.

The only place I see it is here in the store on this site.

So many gorgeous papers - Now way can I use it all in this lifetime but I'm having fun trying!

Theresa TSC
Expert
Theresa TSC

Made it home, girls didn't want me to leave but still haven't won that lottery! Ice hit KY again last night along with some snow. Nothing like some are getting, 4" here, 2 in Lexington. Powdery snow over ice, not fun. It was 9 degrees overnight too. Did get up to the "warm" temperature of 14. We played outside for a very short time! Randy ended up going (separate car) but he had to come home early Saturday morning so he could work. The temps on the road warmed up so the main roads were pretty good. However, I came home around 5 tonight to a solid sheet of ice on my driveway--slid driving in, slid twice with snow boots on trying to get inside the house. Temperatures are going down further tonight so everything that has melted on the roads will freeze again. Driveway should have been shoveled today and salt placed--would have been had I been home. Randy didn't even think about doing it before he went to work this afternoon. Needless to say, I won't be driving to Hopkinsville in the morning. Already rescheduled all but one visit that's here in Greenville. Could have stayed another day with the kids, darn! Oh well, I can get some rest, they wore me out. Benjamin is furniture walking or he'll push the walker (won't ride in it) all over the house and he discovered Nana's fingers were great to walk with so I've spent the last two days bent over walking a 10 month old everywhere. Got some cute photos to scrap and had a wonderful time!

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

Sounds like you had a wonderful visit Theresa - what fun! I remember the days of walking around with a pre-toddler holding on to my fingers. Those day go by way too quickly.

Careful in that snow and ice - I don't know how to drive in it so I would be terrified to try to manage in it!

don1
don1 
Pro
don1
  • don1 on 01-21-19 02:11 PM

Linda, I hope your numbers come back positive for you.
My procedure came out great, so I have no problem looking to my next 5 procedures.
I have taken to re-reading my book collections, so I am not doing anything in my studio. Can't seem to do both.
I was going to watch the eclipse, but I had my nose in a book. Understand, I have 2 skylights right above my desk, and I still didn't see it.

t-towngirl
Mayor
t-towngirl
In response to don1

Don I did see it, and I am glad I did, I missed to solar eclipse last year. Art took pictures with his camera, I FaceTiming with a friend that had surgery and could not go outside, so Art took out his video camera so she could see it.

What are you reading? I just started the sixth book on the Clifton chronicles by Jeffery Archer. First time reading his books, and I like his style.

Congratulations on your treatments going well.

Theresa, glad you made it home safe! I bet you had a great time with the grandkids. I am missing my gypsy boys so much. I have not seen them or even faced time with them in six weeks, I never go this long.

Glad you did not have to be on the road today. I always wonder how you guys do it. You guys get so much more snow than we do. I guess if you have lived in it your whole life you are used to it.

Have a headache that won’t go away.

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

Sorry about your headache - hopes it goes away quickly.

I thought the eclipse was great - really did turn red. It was awesome!

Theresa TSC
Expert
Theresa TSC

V tech driver By Theresa TSC

Scrapped a tiny bit last night, was going to do more but ended up on the phone with a friend that went down to Waco TX for vacation.

Ice was still here in a lot of places this morning but it warmed up to the high 40's and melted almost all of it. Supposed to start raining tonight and rain for about 24 hours, that should take care of the remaining snow if the temperature stays up.

Not sure who mentioned the snow we get, we're not used it to. We normally don't get much in Kentucky. That's why everyone goes crazy. They called school off the last two days. Not just my county either, all the surrounding ones. The country roads have a lot of tree cover so the sun can't melt it. We don't have the snow removal equipment or even enough road crew staff to clear the roads. State doesn't want to invest because they figure no more than we get it wouldn't be cost efficient. I'm thinking this is several years in a row that we've got this much, they need to start investing! Figure they'll have school tomorrow but may be on a delay. I'm in the county working tomorrow and don't have to go to anyone's place that is way out. Today was rough early this morning but this afternoon was fine.

Didn't see the eclipse either. Was too tired to stay up til 11 and it was only 9 degrees at that time. The moon would have been directly above my house, no window would have worked and I wasn't about to go out there in all that snow/ice! My sister took some good photos. I've seen one before but it was years ago. Lunar eclipses last longer than solar ones.

t-towngirl
Mayor
t-towngirl

I mentioned the snow. I thought you guys got a lot.

Select most of the day sanding the walls, and now I think I am getting sick. Yesterday I had a headache all day, and today, I had all the windows open while I sanded and it was cold and windy. Took a shower and I can not warm up at all. That is exactly how Rosie, my sil, who lives with us started when she got sick. I can not afford to get sick right now I just want to get this mudding and painting done.

Oh yes Theresa, I had sanded everything very nice, husband decided to give another coat and all my sanding between the ceiling and the wall is a mess! I told him he will do the sanding I did the walls today and will probably finish tomorrow.

I do all the painting, so I know that all the imperfections will show up with the paint. He tells me, “don’t worry, the primer will cover it, it says it does”. Yes, it will cover stains or darker paint but no imperfections I give him a lot of credit, because he knows how to do a lot of things, but it makes me mad, when he thinks I don’t know what I am talking about.

Don, are you paying attention?

P

don1
don1 
Pro
don1
  • don1 on 01-23-19 12:41 PM

Blanca, I am hard of listening so I don't really pay attention. I do however, pay the price … which is why I'm hard of listening.

Theresa TSC
Expert
Theresa TSC
In response to don1

LOL, Blanca, you're right, imperfections do show even with a primer--silly man! BTW, we got our statement today. Thanks, but you didn't have to send one, the online thing would have been enough but it'll be a good reminder to put in the bill drawer for the final payment date.

Don--we call it "selective listening" around here when Randy claims to not hear something!

t-towngirl
Mayor
t-towngirl

I survived another day of sanding, and I must say it went a lot better, only because I decided that I would spare my husband’s life after all, he does all the work. Just kiddin! No, I decided, that instead of fighting the wall, I was going to befriend it. I sanded from top to bottom, every inch of it, wether it needed it or not, and that made the job so much easier. I think, and hope I can be done tomorrow. I did tell Art, IF, we ever do this again, (the bathroom) he better listen to me! I showed him how he double and triple worked, when he did not have to, just because he wanted to prove me wrong, an and in turn, I sanded all his freaking hard work away. He was quiet! But did did not acknowledged that I was right, and you know what that means I AM RIGHT! Thank you very much! I must say I am doing a good job. Never too late for an old dog to learn a new trick!

Don, as long as you give credit, were credit is due, the queen will be happy!

Page 17 of 17 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics