Page 19 of 19 
Username Post: CHATTY SCRAPPERS        (Topic#1664413)
Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean
In response to Theresa TSC

Thanks for sharing Theresa. It really makes me miss being in our church Easter cantata. I haven't participated in one since I left my church In Georgia.

This really reminds me of what we used to do. They were so much fun, they really touched your heart too. It was really special, and this one is really special.

You have some wonderful voices in the choir.

Nylene motherbambi
Mayor
Nylene motherbambi

Henri, I got a laugh from your snake story. I think I needed a laugh that day. Thank you.

Theresa, best wishes on the Easter Cantata. I know you and Randy will do a great job. I'm glad you survived the flu. It has been terrible around here.

Thanks for the well wishes and prayers for DH. The chemo has been very painful, but he's hoping the pain means it's eating it away. He has this week off from chemo and then back on again for a couple of weeks, then reevaluate. My grandpa lost his eye to cancer. We are praying that we don't have to go that far. With the little sight he has because of the macular, he really needs just a bit of sight in that eye for depth perception. He's less than 20/400 in that eye, but the peripheral vision helps with depth.

I will try to stop in as often as I can. It seems I am always in the car or in a waiting room! Hugs to all of you.

don1
don1 
Pro
don1
  • don1 on 04-16-19 08:47 AM
In response to Nylene motherbambi

A lady down the street is doing acupuncture for her macular degeneration.
I remember as a kid, my mother would tell me any time the iodine would hurt "It's the good germs fighting the bad germs". It never worked with my kids either.

don1
don1 
Pro
don1
  • don1 on 04-16-19 06:37 PM
In response to don1

OK! My Dr. called today to tell me the biopsy results say I do not have bladder cancer any more. What a relief. Of course I still have to go back for check ups every 3 months.

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to don1

Great news, Don! I know what a huge relief that must be to both you and your Queen.

Theresa TSC
Expert
Theresa TSC
In response to mrsdriver5

Don, GREAT news!!!!

Nylene, praying for Steve and you.

All the performances went great! I'm exhausted this week though. Randy scheduled the week off as one of his vacation weeks thinking the play would be this week so he's home getting in my way every morning, LOL. I did get the grass mowed Monday and he did the weedeating. We were the only ones on the block that hadn't already mowed at least once. Of course, now we look like the ones that mowed first this week.

Good news, the weirdo neighbors that left trash, fishing line to tear up my mower, etc., in their yard that blew into mine have moved out. Of course, we could get someone worse to rent the house next but we're trying to think positive. He is also the one that had the diesel truck that he cranked and revved early every morning close to my bedroom window so whoo hoo!!!!

t-towngirl
Mayor
t-towngirl

Hello!, well I did not realize that my post from a couple of weeks is not here. Wonder if I forgot to hit add post.

I as you know I have been extremely busy, but all we have left to do for now, is paint a wall in the bedroom, stip carpeting and have the floors installed. I am beyond exhausted! I will soooo happy when it’s done.

Nylene, I am so sorry to hear about Steve. I will pray for both of you. Chemo, is hard on the body.

Don congratulations on your biopsy results. time to get back to making your boxes, Cards ir scrapbooking. Time to celebrate!

Theresa, glad you survived the flu. And I totally understand about Randy getting in your way. I have a nickname for Art, but is in Spanish and I can’t translate it. But basically, means he is cintantly on my way and he follows me talking all day long.

Nice to see Tina and Toni stopping by. It’s nice to have a lot of us here.

I have granddaughters spending the week, but what a difference a year makes. They are teenagers, and like Tina said, they are immature and I think they forgot how to tak, all they want to do is watch tv or be on the phone. They stop long enough to eat and then they are back to the tv and the phone. I think I like them better when they were little just kidding!

Anyways, we are home fir a few weeks, evidently we head back out to finish so e of the work, I should be able to stop more often, I did miss my interaction here.

Have a good night ladies and Don!

Theresa TSC
Expert
Theresa TSC
In response to t-towngirl

Easter Egg hunt crafts at church were a success. Randy and I went shopping (nothing like leaving his Easter outfit until the last minute) and we found some great deals at JC Penny. Even found him some work shoes for about 1/3 of what I would have paid online where I ordered last time. I'm just wearing a dress I already had but did find a neckace and a new pair of shoes. He's lost enough weight to go down two sizes in pants so I'll celebrate that with shopping any day! Also had to get a new printer and found that on sale at Best Buy. Guess it was a good day all around. None of that is really important but I hate for our thread not to have any activity, LOL

t-towngirl
Mayor
t-towngirl

I dropped off the granddaughters today, then went grocery shopping and headed home. I just sat on the couch, I was just to exhausted.

Going to a big tomorrow at my daughter’s house in Bakersfield, an hour away. Made a pasta salad to take.

Theresa, congratulations to Randy on loosing the weight! Yes, that deserves shopping, besides, he probably ends a whole new wardrobe, you sure don’t want him loosing his pants walking down the hallway.

I have not bought a new outfit for Easter in forever. I will wear black slacks, high heels and a pretty turquoise blouse to church. Then come home and change into jeans. Btw, I like wearing necklaces, but my favorite is wearing bracelets, I feel naked with out one.

A coup,e of months ago, I also bought a new printer, I needed it desperately. Glad you got a good buy. There is were I bought my desk top printer about four years ago.

Happy Easter everyone!

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean
In response to t-towngirl

I'm in Ponta Delgada in the Azores and my battery is going dead.

Just want so say that Don - I am so happy with you about your biopsy results. Certainly good news indeed to open the computer too!

Hope everyone else has a good day. Its cold - I"m bundled up in a t-shirt, sweatshirt, heavy coat, scarf and my fingers are frozen. The free internet is in the middle of an open park so we are heading back to the ship very soon!

Page 19 of 19 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics