On September 5th, we will be retiring the forums and replacing them with a new discussion platform.
[Click here for more details.]
 Page 21 of 21 
Username Post: CHATTY SCRAPPERS        (Topic#1664413)
Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean
In response to Theresa TSC

This is a sad day for all of you. Putting an animal down is the hardest thing ever. I put my favorite cat down in 2001 and every once in a while I still have a good cry for her. I'm in tears now thinking about my Gina.

I have never allowed myself to have another pet since then and just couldn't even consider it. Its a pain I could never go through again.

I completely understand what they are going through tonight. My thoughts are with them. How brave of them to have the celebration of her life today to make the day one with some good memories too.

t-towngirl
Mayor
t-towngirl
In response to Henri Jean

So sorry Theresa, loosing a pet is hard, they are family, main reason why I never wanted any more dogs after mine all died about 25 years ago.

My daughter had to put hers to sleep last year, and I still expect Zin to bark at us as we are walking up to the front door. She was the first one to greet us.

Well, we just had a pretty strong earthquake and I am still a little shaken.

Have a happy 4th everyone!

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean
In response to t-towngirl

Bill was talking about the earthquake in California. Sorry you were a bit shaken by it. I remember them - a little unnerving because they are so unexpected!

tinacloer
Expert
tinacloer

Theresa - I'm so sorry about Gracie! Losing our pets who have passed has been heartbreaking. Mallory's dog, Fabio, is old now and I worry about him. He is losing a lot of weight, even though he eats normally. He's on a cocktail of meds to keep the fluid in his lungs and heart under control. If someone had ever told me that I'd spend more on healthcare for a dog than I do for us, I would have thought they were crazy, but Mallory will be crushed when he passes, so I keep doing everything I can to keep him alive.

Henri - the cajun restaurant you went to sounds yummy!
I hope you had fun with your friends.

Nylene - That is AMAZING news about Steve! I'm so happy that he is cancer-free, that is such a blessing!

I actually made a scrappy page yesterday, I'm so rusty that it took me forever! I need to get in the groove a little more. I'm hoping to do be able to work on some more on Sunday or Monday. Although my scrap supplies are on the third floor and we had to turn our AC off up there yesterday because it started leaking. They are supposed to fix it soon, so hopefully that will happen.

We are picking up Zoey, our new puppy tomorrow. We are all pretty excited about it, although I know that having a tiny puppy in the house will be quite the adjustment.

I hope you all have a happy day!

Tina

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean
In response to tinacloer

We did have fun with the Tina. And yesterday we went to Logan's Steakhouse with friends! Free meal for veterans and so our husbands really enjoyed the special treat. Then later to our friend's house for brownies!

Today Bill has to do a Secret Shopper at Five Guys so we get a free meal out of that.

Tomorrow or Sunday we will go to Sonny's BBQ with friends - Bill is coordinating that now.

And Monday we both have to go to the ortho guy and Bill will get a Cortisone shot in his shoulder and I will get one in both knees. We time our doctor's appointments for 1:00-1:30 so when we get out its time for lunch.

My son says, "Mom - you never eat at home! He's pretty much right!

I've never had a puppy before so I an imagine it will be an adjustment - but a fun adjustment!

Theresa TSC
Pro
Theresa TSC

Wedding was almost a wash out--literally! Flooded the road to get to the venue. We all had to detour around on gravel roads for miles and still drive through some deep rutted puddles (nothing that would wash you out). The water next to the barn kept rising and we were concerned we were all going to be stuck out there and the preacher not get there at all but, God is good, rain stopped, everyone made it and after a short delay they are now married like they should have been the last five years. I've been trying to load photos but our internet isn't cooperating.

Blanca, I wondered if that quake was near you. I never remember where anyone lives when I see things on the news. Well, I remember states, but not where in the state. Glad you weren't hurt and hope the aftershocks weren't too bad.

Theresa TSC
Pro
Theresa TSC

Wow, Blanca, guess the after shocks were worse than the first one! Although if the one last night was 7.1, the biggest in 20 years, can it even be called an after shock or was it a brand new quake? Hope you're okay with no damage?

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

I was wondering the same thing. Would the one last night be an aftershock or a new earthquake? Did it come from the same place as the last one or was it centered in a different place?

Theresa TSC
Pro
Theresa TSC

Just heard on the news they are now calling the previous earthquakes FORESHAKES

t-towngirl
Mayor
t-towngirl

Hi! Yes, I am about an hour from Ridgecrest. We felt very strong, I ran out of the house to patio, then I saw the patio swaying. Ack and fort so I ran to to open space. We keep on having aftershocks up until 1 am. It was hard to go to sleep, to say the least.

They told us to be prepared because we might get another strong one within the week.

Theresa, we stopped at a friend’s house on the 4th of July and a lady there said it was their anniversary, then another said her parents had also gotten married on the 4 of July.

Glad the wedding was not ruined by the rain.

Well, got to run, I need to run errands for Art. Have a good weekend everyone. We are headed out on an RV trip tomorrow,
Need to pack the motor home.

I case I have never mentioned it before I HATE THAT THING! The only good thing about this trip is that Randy is dropping the gypsy boys at the campsite. They love it, but they are kids, what do they know

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

Foreshakes? Never heard that before. Does that mean more are coming? I don't like the sounds of that at all!

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

I heard Bill on the phone talking to an RV dealership in Iowa or Idaho to see what they charge to rent an RV to go to Alaska. He wants to drive the Alcon Highway.

Please no! I don't want to be stuck in a big RV - I like to explore the little towns and you can't do that in an RV. I'd really rather fly or cruise to Alaska!

Blanca - you and I can cry on each other's shoulders.

Theresa TSC
Pro
Theresa TSC

Blanca, I'd say getting out of town right now would be a great thing if they think more earthquakes are coming! Saw the looting on the news too. Terrible.

My Randy mentioned a RV yesterday while we were watching TV. I about rolled in laughter. He doesn't like to get outside and he wants to camp--never happening!

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

What is it with men and RV's? I don't get it.

I have several people who actually live in them year round and love the RVs lifestyle and stay for a couple months in one RV park and then another and follow the same pattern every year so they have friends and know people.

They aren't camping - that is their lifestyle. That isn't for me, but just taking it out on the road to parks and campgrounds is not may vacation style at all!

toni-n-tn
Diva
toni-n-tn

omgosh, all the talk of Rv's...my brother bought one just so he could travel with his dogs more because now he has three dogs instead of the one, so when he comes to visit us or my brothers in Florida, he's going to RV it instead of fly, LOL. I'm LOL'g at all the RV comments though. Too funny.

I would love another puppy. Maybe when the kids move out, or I retire so that I have more time to spend with it. I miss having a dog around; we always had dogs, not cats so much (except for a couple here and there), but lots of dogs.

Nylene - I'm so happy to hear that Steve is cancer free. That is wonderful to hear. I hope he remains that way.
Glad to see your Kids Camp went well. Looks like the kids
had a great time. I'm so happy you're still able to do that.
Do you have the kids take turns as to who is in charge each year? Those eggs look like they were really fun to do. You're so creative.

Bianca - my brother lives in Palm Springs, he didn't even know that the earthquake happened 'til one of my brothers told him (we have a family texting chat on all our phones so we stay in touch) He said that it happened quite a ways from him. Stay safe. When I lived there I felt only one of the I think 3 earthquakes that they had, and it was enough for me to run out of the house. It's weird too because the other two that they had (I lived outside of
San Francisco in Daly City) I was in a bus one time, and the other a car, and never felt either one of them.

Tina - Good to see you popping up more. Congrats on the new puppy.

Henri Jean - I'm glad your eye surgery is coming along really well. I really need to see the eye doctor, but truthfully I'm really afraid to hear what he has to say...sigh. But I'm encouraged now to call and make that
appointment.

Theresa - that little grandson of yours is a doll

Well, not much happening around here. Just work. Back to school in a couple of weeks already. This afternoon,
I am going to take a class on a new testing program (well, not new, but new and improved, supposedly, because now it's all on the computer, ugh) where it tests their
reading and math improvements (or not) throughout their school years. Today is the high school one and since I work mostly with high schoolers, I wanted this one. But next week I will take a whole day of it for pre-k up to 5th. They have different tests for different grade
sub-groups.

Anyway, I need to get ready, have to take my school computer, etc. with me.

Hope all is well with everyone.

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean
In response to toni-n-tn

I've always had cats, but they are all gone and I'm at the stage in my life where I don't ever want to have to take care of anything else. I don't even like to water my plants - and I know they are bone dry right now!

I put my last cat down in 2000 and have never been willing to have another pet since then. I absolutely can never go through that again.

Even almost 20 years later, I dream so often that it was a mistake and she's come back - and i wake up in tears. I just can't do it again.

Not much going on. Bill and I just spent about 2 hours in the pool and we are both nice and pink. Bill is really tan anyway, but he has pink on his face under his eyes. My face has a lot of pink on it. I have a feeling we are both going to be a lot pinker through the course of the day.

Tomorrow I will be pink still and probably peeling. Bill will be a dark brown!

Theresa TSC
Pro
Theresa TSC

Well if you haven't filled your car up with gas yet, better hurry. With a new storm set to hit the gulf coast this weekend gas prices have already started climbing. Up ten cents since yesterday. The fact that the gas in the pump is the same gas that they had yesterday doesn't seem to matter. Greedy oil companies!

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

Thanks for the heads up - I'll tell Bill.

Theresa TSC
Pro
Theresa TSC

Toni, glad to "see" you. Thanks, that photo of Benjamin isn't the best of either one of us but I have to take what we can get. We'll be going up there the end of the month.

Not sure any of you are in the path of the new storm down in the gulf. I know we're supposed to get some of the heavy rain on Tuesday so if they're expecting it to travel up to Kentucky, they must think it's going to be a doozy! Read were New Orleans is already having flooding.

Nylene, your ears might have been burning. Had an all day crop at church today (got there at 9:45 stayed til almost and one of my friends took a trip out west and she was raving about how gorgeous Utah was. I told her you lived there and she said I needed to come visit. Told the group about your cousin camp and the same lady says you must be a saint, she can take her grands for an afternoon and she's ready to send them home! LOL

Going to a Quick Quotes Super Saturday in Evansville, IN tomorrow with Diane. Have to leave here by 6 a.m. I'm going to gather up what I need to take and head to bed soon.

t-towngirl
Mayor
t-towngirl

We are back from camping and I am glad to report that I survived it. the kids had a great time, but I am tired.

We came yesterday to drop them off and spent the day here toda. Heading home tomorrow, I can’t wait. This RV Thing is for the hits, nothing that I would call a vacation. So much work before, during and after, not fun at all. Sure, once you get there, and set up camp, you can enjoy your friends company, but even then you have to cook meals, wash dishes. Clean house just like at home. Ridiculous! Yes Henri, we can cry on each other’s shoulders, or better yet, we can send the guys on an RV trip, and you and I can hop on a cruise.

Toni, so glad you checked in. Does your brother actually lives in PALm Springs? Or one the surrounding neighborhoods?

Theresa, I heard about the storm brewing. Hope nobody is affected by it.

I hope I am not getting sick, I have been very cold all day, and now my throat is hurting. Wish I could just crawl under the covers, and sleep for a couple of days, to much drama in my life right now.

We head home tomorrow and I am so ready to go home.

In case I can’t check in in a while, have a good weekend everyone! Talk later.

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

Okay Blanca - Bill and Art get to go camping and you and I book a cruise! I like that!

Theresa TSC
Pro
Theresa TSC

I want to go on the cruise too!!!!

Had a great time at the Quick Quotes Super Saturday yesterday with Diane. They almost cancelled the event because they were supposed to have 50 and they only had 47 sign up. Thinking that might be why they didn't have a nice door prize like they have had in the past, last year I won a Canon Selphy! They did give out quite few 2 page, page kits by drawing names out of a bucket and I won one of those. We made the first two pages of three four page kits, a 2 page kit and a small canvas wall art. I finished the other two pages for the three sets after I came home. Several pages have pull outs, mini albums type things on them. May never get photos on them but they're pretty.

Looks like the hurricane/tropical storm/depression what ever they are calling Barry by now isn't going to be as horrid as they thought. That's great for all the people in it's path and for the rest of us for gas prices (not that they've went back down the 20 cents a gallon that they raised since Thursday).

They're calling for us to start the rain from it tonight and go through Thursday. That being said I flew in from church and got the yard mowed. It was way too hot to be out there but it's done. Took a two hour nap and can not get moving now. Watching the hummingbirds fight for the feeder outside the window and may not move much from this couch the rest of the night. Well guess I'll have to a bit because I finally started laundry, didn't do it Friday or Saturday so it's today or nothing. Our church Bible School starts tonight and since I'm not in from work until so late every day I didn't sign up to help.

Rambling, hope you all had a great weekend.

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

Don't you have a cruise booked? I know its a ways out, but I know you are watching the calendar days peel off until its here!

You are going to love it!

t-towngirl
Mayor
t-towngirl

Theresa, I can’t believe they were going to cancel the crop because they were missing three people. It’s all about the money!
Glad you were not affected by the hurricane.

I am jealous of your two hour nap, that sounds like heaven

Got home yesterday afternoon, we stayed at my son’s for two days, and I was ready to come home.

Not sure if I had mentioned or not that the gypsy boys mother, was going to have surgery on Friday, that is the reason why we were there, anyways, she was in the surgery room, ready to go under, when they discovered that her doctor did not take her off her blood thinners in time. So the surgery was postponed, the surge t was livid, and she was hysterical. She is a nurse, and she can’t believe she went thru four nurses getting ready for the surgery and nobody caught it.

I have been really stressed. And the camping trip did not help, I told Art I was going to as my dr. For something to calm me down ext time we go camping.

Waiving hi to everyone else.

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

That is probably a good idea Blanca - to get something to relax you a bit before the camping trip.

Maybe you would enjoy it more if Art was willing to get more restaurant food along the way and buy food from restaurants to eat at the campground - a bucket of chicken or that kind of thing and just cook breakfast or one meal a day.

Something kind of compromise that it isn't all work for you.

Theresa TSC
Pro
Theresa TSC

Henri, yes, we have a cruise booked the first week of December! Haven't picked out our excursions yet though. We're going to Cozumel and the Yucatan.

Blanca, I can't believe a nurse would not know she had to stop blood thinners!

We didn't get the rain they thought we would, just sprinkling off and on all day. Think it might have rained a bit heavier real early this morning because there were some puddles when I left to get my lab drawn. Had to go to three different counties today and I'm beat just from driving. Annoying to travel so far just to see four people. I seriously spend more time getting there than I do seeing the people. Oh well, pays for my scrapbooking habit, LOL, better not complain.

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

You will love Cozumel! There are some old ruins there that Bill and I love but not everyone loves old Mayan ruins. There may be excursions to Tulum, which I would recommend for everyone - I love Tulum - one of my favorite sets of ruins but it is a long way for an excursion.

We always enjoy Cozumel.

The first time I was there the ship was offering whale watching trips for around $100 each - I don't remember exactly how much.

We walked to the dock where the whale watching trips leave from and one guy was leaving with a partially full boat. Bill told him he only had $24.00 with him, so if he would take us for $12.00 each, we'd love to go.

He said, "Sure, better than taking the boat out half empty". It was a small boat which is so much better for whale watching.

They put on a big show around us - until the big whale watching boats came up. Then they leave quickly - the whales don't like the big boats.

Our guide would quickly find them again and we would have a great time until the big boats came up and then the whales quickly left. That happened for several hours.

Our boat was small so they were all around us and we really got to see them!

One time when we got off in Cozumel someone was near the dock selling time share visits for $10 all day. You had to listen to a presentation which was no big deal.

I told them we couldn't go on the trip, as my son collects Hard Rock Café t-shirts and they said not to worry about it, they would send a driver to get my Hard Rock Café shirt.

We swam in the most gorgeous beach and water - there was even a part of a plane under the water leftover from when a James Bond movie was filmed there. They let us check out snorkel and fins. We spent hours in their fabulous pool with swim up bar. Drinks were free for us so we swam up to the bar and had pina coladas, although we like them without the run. We aren't drinkers.

The $10 also included the big buffet with seafood so we had a wonderful lunch.

Then they brought us the Hard Rock Cafe t-shirt which was $36 and wouldn't let us pay for it.

Then when we got back to the ship Bill asked me if I paid the $10 each. I told him no, I thought they got it from him, they never asked me. Bill said they never asked him either and we forgot about it.

Was a really fun day and if you don't act interested the presentation is over pretty quickly.

Theresa TSC
Pro
Theresa TSC

Randy's total knee replacement surgery recovery is going to be the key in what we can do. Right now he can't walk very far at all. Personally I'd love to visit the ruins but he'd never be able to walk on the uneven surfaces now, who knows how steady he'll be by December.

Had a phone call from my cardiologist's nurse. Had a lipid profile drawn this morning and my LDL (bad) cholesterol dropped from 226 to 109 with only the loading dose of the Praluent! She was so excited she didn't even tell the doctor before calling me. For the non medical, the bad cholesterol is normally what can cause strokes/heart attacks and is usually related to eating too much saturated fat and being overweight. In my case, it's all hereditary. Diet and exercise has done nothing to lower it and the statins caused severe muscle cramps. Had to fight my insurance tooth and nail but the shots worked! Figure I'll have to take a few more injections over the next couple of months and then just monitor. Totally thrilled!

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

I completely understand that! Every knee surgery patient is different. He may feel like walking ruins and he may not be able to, and you won't know how he will do until its time to go.

What good news from the doctor Theresa! Congratulations!

Theresa TSC
Pro
Theresa TSC

Busy week and from the looks of no movement on this thread you all must be busy too!

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

We've had my husbands daughter and 2 little granddaughters here for the past 10 days. We have our house back. We are celebrating!

don1
don1 
Pro
don1
  • don1 on 07-19-19 05:48 PM

I have been out and about in search of hearing aids for The Queen. I wonder what the mark-up is.
We found a pair for 2k, but we have to wait 3 weeks to get them, and another month of learning to use them. We bought a pair 3 years ago and she tossed them.

Now I can go back to my favorite pastime; contemplating my bellybutton.

t-towngirl
Mayor
t-towngirl
In response to don1

Don, I missed you! How is the old bellybutton doing?

My husband hates his hearing aids, he forgets them 90% of the time, and those things are expensive!

Theresa, I have been bringing my cholesterol down slowly, but it’s coming down. I am just not sure I want to take the Lipitor, I picked up the meds, and only took one.

Yes, Theresa, I can’t believe the nurses did not catch her blood thinners. Scary!

Too bad you have to drive so much. Amy had accepted a job doing the same thing, but when all this happed, she turned it down.

Had a mammogram and bone density test yesterday, a little scared about the mammogram. My sister got diagnosed with stage 2 breast cancer early June. Will have a double mastectomy sometime in August, I don’t know why she is waiting so long.

Other than that, nothing exciting going on. Picked up pictures, but as usual, I have time to scrap.

Waving hi to everyone else.

don1
don1 
Pro
don1
  • don1 on 07-19-19 08:24 PM

The new hearing aids are neat, of course they're not for me.
They have chargers now and can be connected to your smart phone and your tv.

I just switched my blood thinners, so I don't have to go in every month for a blood test.

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean
In response to don1

Blanca - the VA gives Bill hearing aids (he only uses VA for hearing aids and glasses - everything else he uses our family doctor or his cardiologist.) We are just very unhappy with the VA.

Anyway, he rarely wears his hearing aids - almost never!

This year the VA gave him glasses, he took them back and told them they came scratched (they did). As soon as he opened them he could tell. They looked at them and said they weren't.

We took them to my optomitrist and they checked them and said they were covered in little defects. Then he took the to eyeglass world and they put them under their lens and showed him all the defects.

Back to VA and they agreed to send him another pair. Just as bad out of the package. This is defects in the package.

Now he is waiting for the third pair for them.

Bill is on Elequis and you don't have to be checked every month.

t-towngirl
Mayor
t-towngirl

Art also gets his hearing aids from the VA, and they are better than the first pair we had bought years ago.

Don, the new ones are nice! Both Janet my neighbor, and my bil have hearing aids like that. I should look into them for Art, in case the VA won’t offer them next year when he is eligible for a new pair.

Lazy day today.

Question to All of you!

Do you guys ever feel like you just want to be alone for a couple of hours. Maybe some of you have some time alone, so you take it from granted. With three retired people in the house and TVs talking all day long, I don’t have time to my self. Sometimes I feel guilty that I feel like that, but I guess a few minutes a day to yourself it’s good for the sanity.

Well, have a good day everyone!

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

Never thought about it Blanca. Bill and I are both home all day but right now he is in the pool (Thundering so I didn't want to get wet to get back out). He is in the living room a lot watching tv so that is time alone for me. I never really gave it much thought.

However, if another adult lived here, I think it would be really difficult for me.

I don't play nice with my kitchen - don't like anyone else in there using my stuff. I'm very possessive with my kitchen!

Theresa TSC
Pro
Theresa TSC

I HAVE to have me time every so often or I get really cranky! I'm dealing with people all the time that want something from me and I need to be by myself and unwind or I bite people's heads off (sometimes wishing I could really bite someone's head off, LOL). I end up zoning out with candy crush or working in the garden if the weather is good. With Randy's crazy work schedule I do get me time quite often but there have been times where he's home and I just go off into the den and turn on a Hallmark movie and scrap. He's happier with me in there than being a crab. Shame I don't want to clean during those times, LOL.

t-towngirl
Mayor
t-towngirl

Thanks! I am so happy to hear you guys feel the same. I think is just normal to want to be alone for an hour or so.

I am the only one with a hobby, scrapbooking, but I can never get to it. If Art runs to the store, he will be calling me for something.

If I get in the computer, or pick up a book, he still talks to me, as if I am not doing anything.

I totally understand how you feel Theresa.

Got a little of work done and laundry, that is all I accomplished today. Finally a relaxing day!!

Nylene motherbambi
Mayor
Nylene motherbambi

Hello scrappy friends!

I don't know why I have a hard time getting over here. I have been doing some scrapping and have posted a few, but I tell myself I'll write a note here at the end of the day. Of course that doesn't happen and days slip by.

I am trying to keep the Pokey Peas thread going on 2PeasRefugees and have a hard time getting there too.

Don, we got hearing aids for DH at Costco. We live just a mile away and he has to go in at least once a month
to have the wax and sawdust cleaned out. They happily do it at no charge. They give him new free filters too. He would have hated them if he hadn't discovered that being a woodworker makes a clean out by professionals necessary often. He has the blue tooth device so he answers the phone through them too. I think he's pretty happy with them.

Theresa, how long has it been since Randy's knee replacement? How is he doing now? I am hoping to hold off until Feb to have mine done. Some days I wonder if I can last that long.

Toni, how has your knee been?

I need to run. Steve's here and we are going to run errands. Hugs to everyone.

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean
In response to Nylene motherbambi

Good to see you Nylene!

Are you getting cortisone shots for your knees? I get them every 3 months now and what a difference!

Theresa TSC
Pro
Theresa TSC

Nylene, he had his last one December 2017. This one is scheduled for 8/5. Has his preop testing tomorrow. He's been wheezing lately so I'm concerned about it. Talked to his PCP at church last night and he said he hopes that when he gets the new knee he'll lose weight again and this time keep it off.

Henri, yes the cortisone shots help but if you need them every three months, you're not too far off from a knee replacement yourself! You might be a good candidate for Synvisc (it's rooster comb). It's a gel that actually forms a cushion for the knee. Insurance is picky about paying for it so if you check into it, be sure and get pricing. Randy got one, cost us a couple of hundred dollars in copay and it didn't do a bit of good. Others I know, have kept them going for a year! Everyone is different.

Blanca, I say the husband is the oldest child!

Really slammed this week at work. Shouldn't be on hear but had to take a break.

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

I've asked about the gel and they say I'm not ready for it. We seems to travel a bit and I can easily spend 8 hours a day walking when we are in ports so I wear them down quickly.

The pain was about 75% worse before I had the vein work. But about every 3 months I get the cortisone shots because when I know I will need them, I will be overseas somewhere and can't get them on the ship.

I didn't need them last time but we are taking off for 2 months overseas next month so I went ahead and got them.

They said the gel has to wait for me, although if I want surgery, I can have it at any time. The pain just isn't nearly as bad since the vein surgery so I'm postponing it.

We have Medicare and Tricare so we are usually completely covered on insurances. I think it will all be covered when I go to the gel like the cortisone is now, but I don't know that for a fact.

Nylene motherbambi
Mayor
Nylene motherbambi

I have not had the injections. The doctor told me that nothing will help but the replacement. He said he could give me a couple of weeks of relief with an injection, but that would just be postponing it. The right knee is also bone on bone but is not hurting except occasionally. The left hurts all the time and I'm pretty limpy. I just need to wait until our commitment with Addition Recovery is over in Feb. and Steve isn't working...needing me to get him to and from work everyday. Leaving him without transportation worries me.
We are fortunate to have MCare and Tricare also. I cussed National Guard so often over the 26 years he was in, but the insurance has been worth all the times that he was on active duty when everything at home went wrong. We had no idea the ins. would cover pretty much 100%.

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

We love the combination of Medicare and Tricare - pretty much covers everything!

My knees hurt from time to time, sometimes not at all, sometimes a little bit and at times really hurts. But as long as the injections are working, I'll do that.

They said it would take up to a year for some of the vein work to heal that I had done on my legs so really don't want to do anything else to my legs until that heals. I've been told that the better the blood is flowing, the better healing will be so I need to get that completely healed and make sure the veins are okay.

My doctor told me if I don't, then I'm going to have a terrible time healing from knee surgery - healing is so dependent on proper blood flow.

We love Tricare! It has really been awesome. When Bill and I got married in 2009, my son was having grand mal seizures. He was mid-30. He filled out paperwork and the military accepted him as an adult dependent. He already had medicare so he got full Tricare benefits too.

He had serious brain surgery in 2013 which left him seizure free and med free. No more seizures. No more seizure meds!

He's fully functional and excelling in college! (Ringling school of art) and got about $450,000 in scholarship and grant money!

His brain surgery took most of a day and there were about 12 people involved with neuro in front of their names. There was even a neuro radiologist, neuro anethist, neuro psychology who worked with him, several neurological surgeons, his neurologist, a couple neurological nurses.... the list just goes on.

Medicare and Tricare covered every penny and we know it would have been in the millions!

When the military approved him for dependency and Tricare, they told us to submit all his medical bills form the 4 years we had been married for reimbursement - they actually backed his coverage back to our wedding date! I couldn't believe how good they were to us!

Joe is still an adult military dependent and even has military flight privileges if he flies with Bill.

However, I think that will end when he graduates!

Theresa TSC
Pro
Theresa TSC

Problem we have around here with Tricare is getting doctors to take it. It doesn't reimburse them well so many won't accept it. Sad considering Fort Campbell is only about an hour away. We found out Randy's BCBS is going up $140 a month just because he turned 60. So annoying! But, what can we do, nothing! If we had to pay the whole policy ourselves it would be $1600 a month. That's really sad if you think we have a $2,000 deductible (not counting the copays) per person and a $6,500 max payout before we have to stop paying 30% of everything.

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

That is terrible Theresa! And really sad you can't find anyone to take Tricare. Here, everyone seems to take it. We haven't found anyone yet who doesn't. Tricare pays all of our deductible so we don't pay anything out of pocket unless it is elective.

For my cataract surgery Medicare/Tricare pay 100% but if you want to upgrade lenses, that is out of pocket because it is elective. I went with upgraded lenses when I had my cataract surgery so it was $2,000 an eye.

toni-n-tn
Diva
toni-n-tn

Hey, girls...

I just read through as much as I could on this page...
We are overwhelmed with the whole Medicare decision...
We are meeting with someone tomorrow and we'll figure
out which one is best for Larry. Like Theresa though, a lot of doctors don't take the Medicaid/TNcare stuff...
Right now we are covered through BC/BS from my job, and I'll keep Larry on 'til we figure out what insurance we need for him, but we need to make that decision soon.
It would be nice for us not to have to pay for our share of the insurance at my job because they will cover me, and
I could maybe save that money every month for a year or so until they tell me I need to retire, LOL. They don't like paying out the full time insurance benefits to people, so they mostly hire part time people now. It really stinks how the insurance companies control our lives here in the US.

My knee is fantabulous...I'm sorry I waited so long. It gets stiff when I sit for too long or stand in one place for too long, but that's nothing compared to what I was experiencing before...gosh what a difference. I hope Randy does well with his, Theresa. My left knee is fine except for the hard bump behind it. I forgot to ask my doctor about it. I had one on the right and he sent me to the orthopedist right away. But my right knee was bone on bone and hurt all the time and locked up. It was just plain awful. Although the surgery of course was painful and the recovery and the PT was hard, it was worth it in the end.

Bianca, I'm sorry to hear about your sister. I hope your test turns out well. I just had the bone density and mammograms done, too. I do have some scoliosis in my lower back, and I'm supposed to do strengthening excercises...but, well, excercising now a days doesn't happen too often. i walk a lot at work, both jobs, so hopefully that's enough to keep it from getting worse.

i am going to the eye doctor on Friday...I don't think I'm going to get good news though. My eyesight has really
deteriorated over the last year or so.

I wish I could get Larry to wear hearing aids...omgosh he plays the TV so loud I can hear it in other rooms even with the door closed. But at the same time, we probably
couldn't afford them.

Bianca, I HAVE to have my alone time. With Kaitlyn and
Cooper (every other week) Meagan, Brian and Larry all
living here, believe me, I got nuts... I need quiet at times,
and usually it's just a matter of playing some games on my phone, or reading. If Kaitlyn is here there is no scrapping for me unless I do it after she goes to bed, and
usually by then I'm not too motivated to do it, LOL. She is finally in a daycare and on a waiting list for pre-school. She really needed to be around other kids and have some
structure in her life like school. She is the queen bee here, let me tell you.

Meagan got a great job she's training for now, and she's making more than I make working two jobs, so I'm hoping they'll be able to save enough to buy a house they
want close enough so they can stay in the same school district and we can help with the kids when they need it.
Our elementary school is in the top 5 in the state...the rest of them from then on up, not so much, but the elementary is wonderful. Brian moved up in his job as well, so between the two of them they better start saving.
Meagan is definitely more money saavy than Brian, he just wants to spend...she saves. And I see she's already got a retirement fund going, too, so that makes me happy.

Kevin is a car lot manager for BMW, and he's amazing. Like Meagan, they make way more than me, LOL. His wife is looking for something full time, but other than food she doesn't have a lot of experience work-wise, so
it's been rough for her looking. Hopefully she will get the
receptionist job she applied for. Luckily they're looking into building a home within the next year or so. Kevin is really remarkable. BMW sought him out, and he's been told he's the best car lot manager they've ever had. He'll go far with that company, that's for sure. He really loves his job, although anything to do with cars makes him happy.

Anyway, I'm going to run. It's good to chat with people who have similar problems. Most of the people I work with at school and Joann's are younger, so I don't have
that kind of relationship with them.

I go to school next Monday, the 29th, for the whole day and then the kids start back on the 5th... my body and mind are really not ready though, LOL.

Hopefully I'll get to stop back in soon.

toni

t-towngirl
Mayor
t-towngirl
In response to toni-n-tn

Nice to see you Toni. I am glad that you feel the same about having time for your self.

Happy your knees are better. Knee replacements can be complicated. I seen my friends go through them, and some have had instant success, and other not so much.

Theresa and Henri, we are very blessed to have good insurance. We are covered 100% when it comes to surgeries. Our co pay is only $10.00 and meds $5.00 per month.

Nylene, that is long time to wait while in pain. I hope you are ok.
Is your husband planning on retiring? Or is it a seasonal job?

Well, nothing exciting going on today. I running errands and hoping to get the house cleaned.

Have a good day!

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

Isn't good insurance wonderful Blanca?

Medicare covers 80% for us and Tricare pays the other 20% and co-pays. Love it.

Exception being elective surgery. Then we are on our own, but I don't think any surgery covers elective surgery. My bi-focal implants, or multi-focal as they call them were upgrades and elective so that was out of pocket. But if I had gone with just normal cataract surgery, insurances would have covered it all.

What a great piece of mind to be well insured. I'm glad you are too Blanca - so important!

Nylene motherbambi
Mayor
Nylene motherbambi

Bianca, my husband retired from Superintendent of a Country Club 7 years ago after over 40+ years. He was immediately sought out by a public G.C. that wanted him to be the Supt. He was not interested, but they suggested they hire him as a consultant to teach the new Supt. He works about 4-5 hours each morning and it was going to just be one year. Each year they beg him to come back and he and the Supt get along very well. Last week he let them know this will be his last summer. I know when Spring comes he will get antsy to get back on the course. He grew up on a golf course (dad was the manager and pro) and he loves being out there. He can't see to golf anymore unless a partner will watch his ball for him and help him find it. That takes any fun out of it.
Did your daughter get her surgery?

We have been told that if I need the surgery sooner than Feb. they will give us a leave of absence from our Addition Recovery or will release us early. We love the people at our meetings, and hate to quit.

Toni, I am glad your knee is doing well. If I sit for even an hour, I can hardly walk. It takes a few minutes to get the knee to hold me and then it's just a bit limpy and painful. I am encouraged when I hear about people who are happy they had it done. It sounds like your kids are doing well. I hope they are able to get homes. Our youngest just got their home about 4 years ago. They feel very settled in Calif. Good luck on the ins. decisions! We really are held hostage by Ins. companies.

Theresa, around here the doctors will take TriCare for Life, but hesitate to take regular TriCare. Our office took both, but they really don't pay the doctors well.
Through all of DH's surgeries and chemo treatments and the radiation he had before that, we didn't pay anything except a copay on some pain meds at a local pharmacy. We have been so grateful. We consider it a tender mercy for sticking out the military for so many years.

Henri, I forgot what branch of the military your husband was in. I'm glad you have the benefit of good insurance too. Do you guys have plans for another trip anytime soon? How is Joe liking his schooling?

It's a holiday today in Utah, Pioneer Day, so it has been a lazy day. I have been doing some scrapping instead of the cleaning that needs to be done throughout the house. Oh well, there's always tomorrow. LOL

don1
don1 
Pro
don1
  • don1 on 07-24-19 04:25 PM

I have just VA and Medicare Part A. I have a co-pay for meds.
In Seattle we have a great VA Medical Center.

t-towngirl
Mayor
t-towngirl
In response to don1

I am impressed with the VA hospitals here in CA. Bakersfield only has a clinic, but the is a huge hospital in San Bernardino and one very close to us in the LA area. I have gone with Art a couple of times.

Art was in the Army, back in the 60’s. He served in VietNam. I think he got out in 68. He is an old man And I am a spring chicken.

Nylene, I think is good to have something to do. I work from home, and really enjoy it, but I am still home, so I don’t get to mingle with people, and I really miss that.

Congratulations to your son buying a house in CA. Our property is so expensive here, that unless both work, it’s impossible to buy a house.

My boys live in very expensive neighborhoods because of work, and because the traffic is insane, they don’t want to commute. Besides, both are single, and even though they make good money, they can’t afford a house, which makes me sad.

Theresa TSC
Pro
Theresa TSC

Took a couple of minutes away from notes (it's been a week already and it's just Wednesday!)

Toni, I missed, or forgot, that Kevin got married! The spot behind your knee sounds like a baker's cyst. They are very painful. You can get them drained but they tend to come right back. Best option is to have it surgically removed.

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

Bill was army - 20 years special forces.

On Sunday, Aug 11th, we will be going to see my best friend that I grew up with in Miami. We grew up almost like sisters - we even insisted on dressing alike in the early grades. We've been friends about 65 years. She now lives in Thomasville, Georgia.

Sadly, I haven't seen her since 2000 when she visited me in Atlanta. So we are going to see her August 11th, spend the night and then August 12th, drive on to my mom's house in Alabama to celebrate her 91st birthday that day. Will stay 4 or 5 days.

Will be home for 2 or 3 days and then will take a military hop to Tokyo to get on a ship on August 28th. We are taking a 29 day WWII Memorial Cruise.

Hiroshima, Nagasaki, Oshima, and Okinawa in Japan to see the WWII sites. We spent 9 days in Okinawa a few years ago - everything else is new to us.

Then we will go to Iwo Jima and spend the day cruising around the island. Since my daddy was a Iwo Jima Marine on D-Day, that is the main reason I'm taking the cruise. They only let people actually disembark and visit the island one day a year, but it is not set up for tourists. The only thing to really see is Mt. Surachi where the flag was raised and that is a very tough and difficult hike to the top - doubt I could make it and I don't see the point. I will be able to see all from the ship which will be hugging the island all day so I'll get good pictures the beach where they stormed.

There will be WWII historians aboard talking through the Iwo Jima circling to show us where what happened and will also be giving lectures on the WWII signifance of all our other ports.

Next we go to Saipan, which we've visited before, but will see the WWII sites again. Then Guam. I've seen the WWII sites there, but we will probalby see them again in keeping with the theme of the tour. As long as I get to go to the grill that makes my favorite mango milkshakes, I'll be happy.

From there we have 1 port in Indonesia, and 3 in Papua New Guinea. Been to Madang, Papua New Guinea before - not sure about Wewak. I know I've never been to Rabaul, Papua New Guinea before either and those are loaded with WWII history.

Then 2 places in the Solomon Islands which will be new to me where part of WWII took place.

Then two ports in New Caledonia - been to both before. This time in Noumea we have already rented an electric beach car for 4 hours and will see some sites in the beach car. Its like a small Jeep - completely open! Friends will go with us.

Then Isle de Pina - that is my favorite beach in the world.

From there, we cruise to Sydney Australia where the cruise ends. May spend a few days there, as the military plane leaves Richmond (outside Sydney) only once a week so we will have to wait 4 or 5 days but we like Sydney. I imagine we will go to Bondi Beach to get fish and chips at our favorite fish and chips places in Sydney.

Then Hawaii for a week or two.

We will be home in mid October and a few days later a couple we met on the cruise we took to Holland earlier this year is coming to visit us for 3 days. They are from Colorado.

After 3 days, they are going to the Villages to visit another couple from teh last cruise.

Then we are getting together with both couples, driving to Key Largo, for a night, then going to Key West for 3 days - Bill has 3 rooms paid for us on base.

Then on Monday the 29th, we will be headed back.

Hope to have my Halloween dessert for the neighbors the 30ths. Then I have a break for a day or two.

On November 2nd, we are going to Tampa to see a friend from another board that I can't wait to meet!

No November plans. Then Joe is home nearly all of December and we will go to my mom's for Christmas.

January we are looking at a 77 South America cruise that goes into the Amazon. Last time we only did 46 days, so we are condsiderin the 77 day.

And that will take us into spring.

Joe loves every minute of school. He can't wait to go back! He's so excited. He's enjoyed his summer I think, even working at Chewy's in the shipping warehouse but gave his notice today, has 2 more weeks. He just loves everything he's doing and loves all the assignments.

Scrapping is good Nylene. I haven't been to the galleries lately and I really need to do that. I like to wait until I can just sit and enjoy everyone's pages and take my time. I may make that my project tomorrow!

Don - my dad had pig's valve replacement in his heart at the VA in Birmingham and they were amazing. He got the best treatment and the best care! Then he went to VA in Jackson, Mississippi and we were so impressed with his care and the staff. Sadly, he died - he was in a coma when he was taken in and never came out of it. However, there was nothing else they could do. I still think they were just the best and kept him comfortable - that is all they could do for him at that point.

However, the VA in Gainesville, Florida. Not up to standards. We avoid it like the plague, and I hate that after seeing the really good VA hospitals my dad went to. Bill was in the VA in Gainesville twice and we said never again - not at this facility.

When he had gall bladder surgery, they put two bracelets on him - one on each wrist with different names and surgical procedures to be done. I need to say, my husband doens't drink. I've seen him have a glass of wine on occasion but its been over a year. I don't think there was ever a year he had more thn 3 or 4 glasses!

Well, when they took his gall bladder out, they told me he would be in prep for an hour, then surgery for an hour and then recovery for an hour and would be ready to leave by 11:00 AM.

I waited and waited and waited. Finally after 1:00, 2 hours after he was supposed to be out, I saw men walking out of the operating area and I asked them if they knew about my husband. One said he was the anethetist who put him under. I said, "What happened, he was supposed to be ready to go home 2 hours ago!" He said, "Well since he was an alcoholic, we doubled the anesthia to put him under. Alcoholics are hard to put under so we have to really double up."

I said, "He's not an alcoholic, what makes you think he's an alcoholic?"

He said, "I saw on his chart that he was treated once for pancreatitus and that is the disease of an alcoholic so we treated him like an alcoholic."

I told him, "NO! He got pancreatitus from blood pressure meds. His was not drinking related - his doctors know that - it was determined in the hospital that it wasn't caused by drinking!"

He basically just said, "oops" - and then said, "I guess I should ahve checked his chart before I put him under!"

The a few months later Bill's blood pressure skyrocketed. We went back with Bill scared to death - it was at stroke level.

They told him, "Well, you saw a temporary doctor when you got yoru gall bladder out. You have to be in the system for 1 year before you can be assigned a permanent doctor so you can't see a doctor for 9 more months."

We were in total disbelief. Bill asked to see the temporary doctor again and was told that wouldn't be possible, he could only have one procedure with the temporary doctor - he would have to wait 9 more months to see a doctor again.

We were very upset and the nurse finally agreed to go talk to one of the doctor's on duty. Then she came back and said, "The doctor said for you to just increase your meds a little every day until your blood pressure is in the normal range. You are right, you are in a very dangerous zone, so just play with you meds and increase them yourself and it will balance out." I was stunned!

The next day it was even higher so we went back and were told the same thing - just adjust your own blood presssure meds until it stabilizes at a healthy blood pressure rate in the normal range.

We immediately decided to leave the VA system and found a family doctor in the next day or two and we both start seeing him, and BIll found his own cardiologist that he still uses.

I just can't beleive it - since my dad got such great medical care at the VA in Birmingham and the VA in Jackson.

Theresa TSC
Pro
Theresa TSC

Speaking of insurance difficulties in Kentucky--all of Randy's labs came back good but they called today and said the insurance denied his surgery. Said he hadn't had 6 months conservative treatment and xray didn't show enough damage to warrant surgery. The x-ray was 6 months old and surgery was scheduled 6 months to the date that he got his first injection. The doctor's office wasn't going to do anything so I got on the phone and called. They said the 6 months thing was an oversite because of the closeness in date and if he got another xray that showed more damage it could be reversed. SO on the phone again with the ortho office, they ordered an xray and he got it just a little while ago. Now we wait again. We both have already worked schedules around his surgery and if he has to wait a couple of more months it's going to really cause a problem with the cruise. So annoying. In fairness the xray 6 months ago really doesn't show that he needs surgery. 6 months ago he wasn't in the pain he's in now though.

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

What a mess Theresa! That just isn't right!

Sometimes something can be fine and no time at all later, its a problem. Some things deteriorate quickly once there is an issue.

Hopefully they will see the error of their ways and work with you!

Theresa TSC
Pro
Theresa TSC

Not sure where everyone is but Randy's surgery got approved so he'll have it on Monday! We're headed to Lexington in the morning for the weekend.

There is a note on the board saying they are doing away with the forums on 8/15. Thinking that is going to be the end of our chat group. If you're not on FB, please consider signing up. I'll miss you!

t-towngirl
Mayor
t-towngirl

I hope they don’t take our chats away!

I am hoping that if they take the chats away, they will have a different format on the new site, were we can start all over.

Good luck to Randy, hope and pray everything goes well with the surgery.

Safe travels, and keep us posted.

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

I also hope they are able to move the threads over or have an opportunity to start them over so we can get together again.

Theresa TSC
Pro
Theresa TSC

Home, surgery went great. They ended up doing a spinal and tibial block (shots verses putting the vent on which they said would give him a better recovery). Since they didn't put the tube down his throat , it's not sore and we didn't have to worry about his esophagus problem, also no nausea. Problem came was it worked REALLY well. Yesterday he couldn't move anything from the waist down until four hours after surgery when he started getting feeling back in his toes and it took a while to work off the way up. Couldn't walk at all last night, so no option but to stay. This morning he got about 40 feet with two therapist helping. But after lunch, he walked the hall and back so we got out.

As for the forums, I read their note. They won't be taking anything from the forums to the new board. I don't think it's going to affect their gallery or anything.

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

Good news about Randy! Glad the surgery went so well!

t-towngirl
Mayor
t-towngirl

Thersa good news about Randy! Hope he continues to recuperate at a steady pace. It’s nice that you understand the lingo and know what to do, or to ask the right questions.

As fir the boards, I understood the same thing. Everything was going away, except our galleries. Hopefully we will be able to start the chats again, or maybe not.

Hope we don’t lose contact. You, Tena, Toni and Nyleene know how to stay in touch. I can get in touch with you, Henri and Linda.

Don! You should send a pm to one of us if you still want to be in touch with us after the conversion. Better to have a plan B than not.

Just returned from a long weekend. Went to my family reunion and to go babysit the gypsy boys. Had a good time with them. Just got home a couple of hours ago.

Waiving hi to everyone else.

Theresa TSC
Pro
Theresa TSC
In response to don1

Don, sending a private message is what she meant in case you didn't want your email posted for any random person to see.

I really think they'll have some type of chat board, brings in too many people to not have it. Guess we'll see. Nylene, since you started the original, you should start the new one unless you're too busy? Just let us know.

Randy is doing good with some, not so good with other aspects. He was able to shower today so that helped him feel better. He can't get up unassisted so he can't be left alone. Problem is that he didn't keep up with the exercises on his knee replacement from 1-1/2 years ago so that knee doesn't have the flexion it needs to help him use the new one. He bent to 100 degrees on his new one yesterday at therapy but can only get 75 on the old one. Needs 120! He went back to work too early with the last one thinking he'd be able to work and do the therapy. Didn't work out that way. He then was adamant that his walking at work was enough. After a while I gave up. He's paying the price. As I tell the grands, there are consequences to your actions! His inability to get up has stifled my activities too. Can't go to my crop tonight but did get a friend to host it so it worked out. I'm supposed to go back to work Monday and then to a retreat next weekend. He has outpatient therapy Mon, Wed, and Friday mornings and then a follow up with the surgeon on Friday morning. He's trying, he really is, but he's having breathing issues this time that he didn't have before (started before surgery) so that's slowing him down. He's also had a few panic attacks regarding getting out of the chair which makes it worse. Hope to be able to leave him alone tomorrow to go to a funeral. If he's not able to get up, won't be able to do that either. By Monday I anticipate he'll be able to but I'm playing it by ear.

t-towngirl
Mayor
t-towngirl

Got it Don! Now go and delete the post. You don’t want your email out here.

t-towngirl
Mayor
t-towngirl

Theresa, you know men don’t listen. Hope he starts feeling better, and then maybe he will do his therapy as he is supposed to.

I sure hope you get to go to one of your crops, you will need to decompress. Scraping is therapeutic! God knows I need it.

I have not been home I. A week, and the house shows it. Got hone Wednesday night, then yesterday spent the whole day in Bakersfield running errands, and today I ran around town, going grocery shopping, bank, meeting with a client and taking dinner to a friend that had knee replacement on Monday. Hoping I can clean house tomorrow, on Sunday we have a gathering at the winery.

Nylene motherbambi
Mayor
Nylene motherbambi

I have been on a little road trip with DH and missed the chat about the change in the forums. I agree with Theresa, that they won't totally do without it because it brings in lots of people.

Theresa, you are here more often than I am and I don't care who starts a new thread (if that's what it is going to be) Any one of us can start it and it's fine with me. I am not on Facebook or Instagram, but just this forum and the 2peasrefugees. I spend more time there because I host a monthly challenge. I do get to see Don on there once in a while.

I hope whatever they change to will be compatible to chatting with friends.

Theresa, I am sorry Randy is struggling. I worry about that when I have mine done. I am looking at holding out until February when DH is not working so he doesn't have to find someone to run him back and forth to work every day. I bought a new pair of really good running shoes and my knee is MUCH better. Getting up and immediately walking is very hard and very painful, but after walking a bit, it's really just a bit uncomfortable.

I went down to a neighboring county to help judge their County Fair. Oh, my, the quilts I judged were amazing. There were probably 100 quilts and the needlework, quilting and patchwork was incredible. It was a fun day and I only had difficulty climbing up into a tall van for the trip down and back.

I am waving hello to each of you. I hope you have a great week. School will be starting the first of the next week. I hate to see my grands go back to school each year. It takes away my "play days".

t-towngirl
Mayor
t-towngirl

Nyleene, let’s see what happens. I guess I could start it.

I have been, putting kits together, since I have all my papers out. Wanted to scrap, but have tons of pictures so decided that I would be more productive if I made kits, keys hope it works. I have never tried it, but I can see how time consuming choosing papers can be.

Just taking a short break between cooking dinner and sorting papers.

Theresa TSC
Pro
Theresa TSC

Got him to start using his new leg as the main support to get up out of the chair and he's been able to get himself up all afternoon. (Really should use the old knee but his old knee has less bend than his surgical one so we're actually going against what the therapist told him but it works for him.) He feels much better about his progress and I even felt good taking a nap this evening without my phone! Plan on going to church tomorrow and leaving him here for the two hours. He doesn't think he'd be able to do the ups/downs of the church service or get down the lengthy hall to Sunday School.

t-towngirl
Mayor
t-towngirl

Good morning everyone!

Theresa, glad Randy is feeling better, hope he continues to improve.

Went to a members only BBQ at the winery yesterday and had a good time.

Nothing exciting going on today.

Don, I am sending you an email.

Ok, talk later.

Theresa TSC
Pro
Theresa TSC

Just checking in. Randy continues to improve. He is using only his cane now. He even washed a load of clothes (granted it was a small load of his favorite comfy clothes that he wore the day before but he did it!), he washed up the breakfast dishes and even swept up the crumbs he dropped in the floor. That's progress! He was posting funny stories about his progress on FB but he's stopped. None of his family/friends are calling him personally to check on him so I think he may have his feelings hurt. Have had a couple of church members text me and a few of my friends have checked on him (also through me) but think the rest were just keeping up progress through FB. Two church members came to visit, one of my clients and his wife drove from another county to visit, and another friend of mine is going to bring him lunch Thursday. Those are the only visitors he's had. To be honest I think it's his family he is most upset about. He has had one brother call him since he's been home, that's it, and that was once. None of the rest of his family has called or even texted since he's been home. His Dad hasn't even called. Again, I'm assuming they know he's fine or I would have told them. We all live such busy lives that unless someone reaches out to us we just assume life is good for everyone else. He and I are guilty as well and I keep reminding him of that but feelings are feelings. The "fix everything" personality I have wants to reach out and remind people to check on him but I'm not going to. They are adults.

Guess I'd better stop rambling. Going to be a LONG day. For some stupid reason I scheduled 10 people today--in another county! Two were rescheduled but that still leaves 8 and it's going to storm all day. Geesh I'm not the brightest bulb in the box.

t-towngirl
Mayor
t-towngirl

Good morning! Glad he is recuperating nicely. Yes, you are right, his feelings must be hurt. Especially when you have friends checking in but not family members.

I try to call, send a card or at least send a text, to let them know I am thinking of them. Art, is one of those, that won’t pick up the phone to call his family, he will ask me, if I had talked to them. Thankfully, I get along with his family, and I do talk to them often.

Got to run. Have a good day everyone!

scrapperb2
Queen
scrapperb2

Hello You all
I have been busy now that I no longer need to have oxygen plugged into my nose 24/7. I forgot how it felt to be normal for the first time in almost 7 years.
We have been traveling around and not home very much. I love spending time with my family especially my sister Trish. I am her main support system. We have so much fun together along with 2 of my cousins on FB. It has been so nice.

We had another long weekend planned to drive to Burlington VT. and take the Ferry across lake Champlain to NY. and spend a few nights and come back. Next month Rene is having surgery Sept 12th, so we want to be home .

It is so odd how suddenly your bubble gets broken. I thought all my tiredness was the excitement of traveling but to my surprise I had my tests from Oncology and the numbers are not good. So today they didn't let me go home without starting my treatments once again for the next 4 weeks. He said I have started the same issue that I thought was cured, it was for awhile but it is okay. I can do this again. Needless to say our traveling has ended for this year and we will start next year.

I haven't really read thru the last few weeks of posts and I plan to so I can catch up. I truly hope all of you are doing well and if anybody needs some prayers I will surely add all of you to my prayer chain. Hugs to all of you, Linda

Nylene motherbambi
Mayor
Nylene motherbambi
In response to scrapperb2

Aah, Linda, I am sorry your numbers are not looking good. Best wishes to you in the next 4 weeks. I hope that will get you back to where you have felt the past few months. I'm glad you have had an opportunity to visit with family and friends. That will always raise spirits.
Hugs to you!

I am waiting to see what will happen with the forums. I hope we can still chat. I am sick this week and have spent the whole week in bed. I have decided they know what they are talking about when they say flu is really hard on the elderly!! This has really knocked me down.

Have a great weekend everyone. Hope to see you chatting again soon.
Nylene

t-towngirl
Mayor
t-towngirl

So nice to see you Linda and Nyleene.

Linda, hope your treatment works and you can resume your traveling. Hugs!

Nyleene, hope you feel better soon. We have been lucky that we have not had the flue in years. The last time I had it I thought I was going to die, I was so sick.

Theresa, how is Randy doing?

I had such a hard week. I am ready to run away from home! Lol!!

We are getting ready to go on another camping trip, and just getting ready for it is tiresome. And to top it off, it’s our festival, and all my kids decided to come visit, which means a hectic weekend before the trip. and I still need to go grocery shopping for the trip. Who the heck said camping was fun?

Anyways, have a good weekend everyone! Hope to be able to check in while we are camping.

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

Linda I was wondering where you were earlier today! Sorry about the bad numbers and the 4 weeks of treatment.

Its after midnight - Bill just picked me up at my crop. Had fun but didn't accomplish anything except to play with some punches and I have some pages of punches to scan to use on layout.

At our crops everyone is asked to bring their favorite punches every month and they go on one table for everyone to take turns sitting around and using them. I haven't contributed to that late but may take a few for the next crop. I will miss the Sept and Oct crops but should be able to go in Nov.

scrapperb2
Queen
scrapperb2

My gosh I miss this chatting but it seems I am always so far behind. I will be staying home for awhile but that isn't a bad thing. The girls (cats) get tired of the cat hotel.

I also am glad Randy is doing better. Being able to get around some is healing enough and lifts the spirits. I do know as long as all is getting better that is what counts. Good Luck on continued health.

Nylene, I do hope you get much better. I agree the older we get it is harder to bounce back as quick. Drink lots of fluids, stay in bed. Listen to soft music as I think it helps relax you.

I have one question for Blanca are you camping in a camper or roughing it?? When things bog you down take a nice warm bath with lavender, a candle, and cover your eyes. You won't want to leave your bath. I am not crazy for the wild world of events but unfortunately we have those times. I would like to stop the world and step off for while.

Henri are you going on a trip soon? It must be close to the time of year you set sail into the wild blue wonder. Have you had a nice summer at home? I hope so.

Well the girls, Lexi and Maegen are ready for their parents to pick them up for church. They had fun here and don't like to go home. We watched the old Jaws movies, all of them 1-2-3-and revenge of the shark. Fun and I stilled screamed once along with Maegen. I can't believe I did that, I'm bad.

Have a great Sunday everybody Linda

tinacloer
Expert
tinacloer

Hi scrappy friends!

Nylene - I hope you are getting over the flu, it sounds like you've been down for quite a while.

Linda - I hope your next round of treatment does the trick and that you heal. Hugs to you.

Just wanted to let you all know that Theresa has been at the hospital with Randy since all weekend. They ended up figuring out that he had 4 big clots in his lungs which had made it almost impossible to breath. He has been in intensive care and was really, really sick. They pumped meds into him through a cath and he is doing a bunch better now, but they are still at the hospital. Send up prayers for continued healing.

Tina

t-towngirl
Mayor
t-towngirl
In response to tinacloer

Oh no!! That is scary!! Tina, if you talk to Theresa let her know I send hugs for her and prayers for Randy.

Linda, I had to laugh, I do the same thing with movies, I will also cry even though I seen a movie a couple of times.

Waiving hi to everyone else. I need to get to bed, tomorrow will be a hectic day.

toni-n-tn
Diva
toni-n-tn

Hey all,

Just stopping in quickly. I read about Randy on FB. I'm
so sorry, Theresa. I sure hope he's doing better. How
scary is that? I haven't been on FB in a couple of days
so don't know if there is any progress, or how much
progress there has been, so I'm hoping the next time
I go on FB that he is home and doing great. Hugs and
prayers for you both.

Tina, thank you for stopping by here and letting them
know. Hope you and your family are doing well also.

Nylene, sorry you've been under the weather. Hope you
get better soon. Hope Steve is doing better as well.

Linda, I'm so sorry. It sounded like you were doing so
much better too. That ferry trip sounds like a lot of fun.
I hope you'll get to do it, and soon. Hugs and prayers for to you also.

Henri Jean, I haven't been to a crop in I don't know how long. Sounds like you all have a lot of fun. Punches are always a great addition to a page. I don't use mine enough.

Don, hope you're doing ok.

Bianca, sounds like you're doing ok. Still traveling in the RV, I take it? I don't think I could do that. I used to think I could as we talked about that, but if I have to cook and clean, forget it. LOL.

Anyway, got to get ready for work.

Hugs to everyone.

scrapperb2
Queen
scrapperb2
In response to toni-n-tn

Special prayers go out to Theresa and Randy. I truly hope that all will get better and Randy will be out of ICU. Please let Thersea that I am also praying for both of them.

Crops are fun no matter if you truly accomplishment a lot or a little. Punch playing can be so fun. Our crop should be starting in Sept. we meet once a month and sometimes we talk and laugh more than doing anything.

I think I heard about some changes on sb.com is this true?? If so what are they planning to do? I surely hope we all stay together as it is a wonderful group to chat with.

Thanks for the thoughts about my infusions. I am accepting the fact that "it" is back one more time. Gee I hope my hair stays where it is---I look funny like my son-in-law, YIKES I have to laugh or the reality will depress me. I think I will give Lisa, my oncology nurse a stuffed animal this week. She is great with all of us plugged in people with tubes hanging down attached to bags of yummy to help us. She calls one of my bags "root beer", she is funny. The other one is a mix that drips with the beer and the other is for a reaction to the drip. It takes about 3 hours to finish, so the day is pretty much shot. Hugs to all Linda

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

Hi - in Key West tonight. Got a flight very easily and had the plane to ourselves. There is a flight to Lemoore California tomorrow morning - we've been told it has 17 seats and we've been told its full.

If we don't get on, there is another plane to Lemoore tomorrow at 6PM which would work just fine.

Bill has a car rental holding for us to drive from Lemoore to Travis (San Francisco). But before we follow through with those plans we will check Sea Tac military passenger terminal and Travis and see which one will get us to Japan or to Hawaii where we should be able to get to Japan.

Don't have to be there until the 28th. We have 9 days to work it through.

The adventure has begun.

scrapperb2
Queen
scrapperb2

Henri,
How wonderful to be looking forward to be getting ready for your next adventure. My oldest brother and wife traveled just like you and Bill does. He always sent me post cards of special places and I have so many in photo pages so I can read to backs. He was so funny. I miss him so much as he passed about 4 years ago and I also miss the post cards. Judi doesn't send me any to carry on the tradition. I miss seeing such beautiful places and my album is quiet and lonely. That's life.

Today the sun is out again and so warm and beautiful. A little humid and yesterday late afternoon put the air conditioner on to cool the down stairs. The cats are sleeping and the house is quiet.

We are going to the movies for 12:45 as it is Senior citizens day and $6 for each ticket. We will go out and eat, but he will surprise me for sure. I did my housekeeping early showered and ready to go.

Hello Everybody----hugs to all Linda

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

Trying to get out of Key West this evening - flight out in about an hour. They say its full but manifest only shows 79 people. Full of troops in camouflage. However, there are 121 seats so something is making sense so they told us that unless they get slammed with more troops, we good to go.

Been a change of plans though. We will try to fly to Lemoore tonight. Bill has a room on base for us.

Tomorrow we have a car paid for and will drive to Travis (San Francisco).

After that, we will spend the night on base in Travis and then the next morning at 9AM, we will fly to Elmendorf, Alaska.

That has an layover for 18 hours (I LOVE layovers like that to break up long flights).

Then after 18 hours, there is a flight from Elmendorf to Tokyo which is just miles form where we get on the ship. That will get us to Tokyo 3 or 4 days early. Maybe 5 days early, I'm not sure.

Days get crazy when you consider international dateline and loose or gain a day.

So our adventure started yesterday.

scrapperb2
Queen
scrapperb2

We had another beautiful summer day here in Berlin. These are my favorite days although I saw a few orange leaves on my maple tree. The flowers are almost done blooming, and Rene worked on the snow blower again last night. He is a perfectionist.

We went to the afternoon matinee to see a scary movie, I did good, I jumped but didn't scream. I thought it was a good movie and so was the over buttery popcorn. We left and went back to Michael's. After that we went to Subway.

Now a very quiet cool evening with my favorite coffee and strawberry pop-tart, I am not kidding, crazy but yummy!

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

I like the brown sugar cinnamon pop-tarts. I don't heat them, I eat them like cookies. When we are travelling Bill gets me a box sometimes for a surprise.

Nylene motherbambi
Mayor
Nylene motherbambi

Theresa, I am so sorry to hear about Randy's pulmonary emboli. That's such a scary diagnosis. You are both in my prayers and I'm sorry I didn't know sooner. Please let us know how things are going when you get a minute.

Tina, thanks for dropping by to let us know.

I am still down with the flu. This has been a really rough 2 weeks. I have a family reunion in Idaho next weekend so am hoping I'm better. I see a bit of progress each day.

Linda, my prayers are still with you. I'm sorry that you are going through this again. Hang in there, sweet friend. You have a great outlook on life.

Waving to all the Chatty friends!

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

Anymore updates on Theresa's husband. Sounds like he was on the mend and just wanted to see if anyone knows how he is doing. How scary!

t-towngirl
Mayor
t-towngirl

Hi ladies! And Don! We are camping, it’s getting a little easier, but it’s because I had to give in, or I would make my self sick, but quite frankly, ir’s Not the kind of traveling I like.

I wanted to know if there were any updates on Randy, but there aren’t any.

I will check In in the next couple of days.

Page 21 of 21 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics