Page 1 of 18 
Username Post: CHATTY SCRAPPERS        (Topic#1664413)
Nylene motherbambi
Mayor
Nylene motherbambi

When 2Peas was alive and well, we had a group called the Chatty Scrappers. (formerly called the Calendar Girls). Some of our group have landed here at Scrapbook. com and we hope a new Chatty Scrappers thread will give us a chance to reconnect with old friends and meet new friends.

Anyone is welcome to join. Just hop on and join in. There are no requirements except that we would like to keep this a friendly and upbeat group.

You are welcome to come just to chat or you can also post your projects for others on the thread to enjoy. If you need help posting a project to this thread, let me know and I will help you.

We are grateful to Scrapbook.com for providing us this place to meet other scrappers and to gain ideas from the 1000's of posted layouts. On top of that, they have everything under the sun that we might want or need for scrapping, right here in the store.

toni-n-tn
Diva
toni-n-tn
In response to Nylene motherbambi

Hi Nylene...

thanks so much for doing this. I'm so happy to
reconnect with you all. I've missed everyone
terribly. I know life has moved on for many, but
I still hope many will stop in and say hi, and let
us know what they've been up to.

Again, thanks.
Also want to wish those who do stop by a Wonderful,
Merry Christmas, and hope all is well with everyone.

Love you all.
toni

oldwesternpea
Tenant
oldwesternpea
In response to toni-n-tn

Hello Toni and Nylene. So nice to see your smiling faces. I have an account here, but I have to admit that I don't visit it everyday like I did Two Peas. I still do some scrapping and at present am working on a book of confirmation photos for our church's centennial celebration. I will also be doing one other scrapbook for that which I have not started yet.
Life goes one here with its everyday stuff and struggles here and there. Glad to see you and I'll try to stop in more often.
Melanie

Kimberly Rae
Diva
Kimberly Rae
In response to oldwesternpea

Hi all.... I was on Two Peas many many moons ago... I'd love to hop on in and join the fun here. I love meeting new people and discovering new techniques and ideas.

Nylene motherbambi
Mayor
Nylene motherbambi
In response to Kimberly Rae

Hello, Toni and Melanie. So nice to see you again.

Welcome Kimberly! We would love to have you join in. I will go check out your gallery. It's always nice to meet people who share in our hobbies/passions!

I am hoping to finish a layout today and post it tonight. It seems funny that some layouts just come together and others leave me stymied! I'll work it out and post it.

oldwesternpea
Tenant
oldwesternpea

Nylene, I admire you for getting your layouts posted and I love looking at them. I have never been good at it. Not even at two peas. Just don't seem to get to it. I actually cleaned in my basement domain yesterday. Went to a crop in April and still hadn't put away my stuff from that! Yikes. Anyway, I'm feeling happy about having things looking tidy and may get me into working on some things. I just have the church project looming over my head and feel guilty if I work on anything else for fun. Well, have a good weekend and will be back to chat later.

Nylene motherbambi
Mayor
Nylene motherbambi

Melanie, you are so nice to do all those Church scrapbooks for your 100th year. If you ever get a chance, share a page with us.
I have to laugh at your crop things still out, my scraproom is such a mess because we had a 2-day Cousin Camp at our home just before Thanksgiving and I have craft supplies still scattered in nearly every room of the house. We had a great time, but we really messed things up!

I am trying to get enough gumption to do my Christmas decorating. I am hoping for grandchildren to come help carry all my Village boxes upstairs. My knees just won't do that anymore!

Toni, your layout is so cute. Why don't you post it on the thread
for everyone to enjoy.

Tina, I read that Olivia was bringing a boyfriend to Thanksgiving! How did that go?

Edited by Nylene motherbambi on 12-05-16 04:01 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Kimberly Rae
Diva
Kimberly Rae

Hi all. Thank you for the warm welcome Nylene... been a crazy few weeks. Contrary to popular belief I haven't fallen off the face of the earth. Just been laying low and taking care of myself. I had another heart attack on the 28th the day after we got back from Idaho. The trip was great. Well it's late and I have a busy week ahead of me... I'll post some more pictures when I get a chance...

Nylene motherbambi
Mayor
Nylene motherbambi

Kimberly, I am so sorry to hear of your heart attack. I hope you are recuperating and feeling better. Were you visiting in Idaho? We are originally from there. We sometimes think our hearts are still there, even though we have no living relatives there anymore.

Here is a layout I finished last night.
Official Cookie Taster By Nylene Motherbambi

toni-n-tn
Diva
toni-n-tn

hey girls -

super cute page, Nylene!

Sorry to hear of your heart attack, Kim, but glad you
were able to enjoy your trip.

Just wanted to drop by and say hi. I have tonight off
and I'm working on some little candy packages for
Christmas for the employees at Joanns. I really need
to get the school's gifts wrapped, too, but probably won't get to that tonight.

If I don't get to stop back before Christmas, I hope you
all have a fabulous Christmas.

toni

tinacloer
Expert
tinacloer
In response to toni-n-tn

Good morning lovely ladies!!! I'm sorry that I'm a few days late in getting here. All is well in my world.

Welcome Kimberly Rae!!! So glad that you can join us. I hope that you are continuing to heal up well and that the doctors are taking good care of you.

This is easily my busiest month of the year at work, so I'll be running like crazy until the 23rd. We are working on coordinating Christmas for about 1500 kiddos right now. The numbers of kids that we see who are in need of help continues to grow. For some weird reason that I don't think we understand, Indiana has one of the worst rates of heroine addiction in the adult population, so we have seen a huge increase in the number of children coming into the child welfare system who need someone to care for them, which is driven mostly by heroine addiction. So, I'm trying to make sure that I do my part to help those families.

In my own fam, everyone is doing great. Olivia, is turning 23 next week...which seems impossible. She has been dating a boy named Simon since July. He is her first real boyfriend and we just think he's great. She graduated from college in May and is working in marketing for a toy company. Mallory is 18 and is at Taylor University. She's majoring in environmental biology and loves it. She'll be home next week for Christmas, so we are looking forward to that and Griffin is 13 now and continues to read voraciously and is cruising happily through 7th grade, which he considers to be insufficiently stimulating to his neurons...he is such a nerd.

I need to post a few new pages and some of my Bible journaling pages for Nylene. I'm so glad to have a place to talk to my scrappy friends, both old and new. I hope you all have a wonderful day!

Tina

oldwesternpea
Tenant
oldwesternpea
In response to tinacloer

Hello Tina! And nice to meet you Kimberly

Nylene motherbambi
Mayor
Nylene motherbambi

Hi, Scrappy friends. Not a lot of scrapping going on here right now. I'm still trying to get my Christmas decorations up. I feel behind in everything. But it takes me so long to take the decorations down, that I guess it's OK that I don't get them up very early!

We have been attending concerts of our grandchildren. It's fun to see them perform. We have one more to go this week and that will be the end. They have been Orchestra and Choral concerts.

I hope you are all in the process of getting ready for the holidays, if you are not already finished. Nice to see you stopping by.

toni-n-tn
Diva
toni-n-tn

Morning Nylene, Tina, Melanie and Kim.

Nylene - we haven't put up hardly any decorations this
year yet...and since I work so much I'm depending on
everyone else to get it done! We'll see, LOL. I have
the week before Christmas to get a lot done though as
I am supposed to only work two days that week. Although I'm on standby because they know I'm off from school

Tina - I read that about Indiana when you posted it on FB.
I'm sorry to hear that, and I know TN has a lot too but I think it's mostly meth here not heroin (for the cheaper bunch, I guess, LOL) There are many, many kids here without too, or are shuffled from one place to another.
The guy that I work with has adopted and has custody of
6 kids, mostly related to the family somehow, but all because of drugs. Bless you and all that work with you for trying to take care of them all for Christmas.

Melanie - Sounds like you're always doing something
wonderful scrappy-wise for your area. I love that. You're keeping the history there alive! I do hope you're able to
find sometime to do some for yourself.

I hope after the holidays we can encourage a couple of more girls to come back.

Nylene - I will post a couple of pages when I'm off and have more time. I'm hoping to get some scrappy time
while on my break from school!

Merry Christmas!
toni

Nylene motherbambi
Mayor
Nylene motherbambi
In response to toni-n-tn

Tina, my heart aches for the children in the system due to choices made by their parents. We seem to have a lot of grandparents rearing children in this area. It really makes me wonder what will become of our society with so many people on drugs. We saw the destruction it causes in families when I was working in the Medical office. Heartbreaking. Thank you for all your work with these children. I'm sure there are a lot of sad days, but I hope you see some successes too.
How exciting for Olivia. Our oldest DGD has a steady boyfriend too. I wouldn't be surprised if they become engaged over the holidays. It's a fun time of life. Sounds like your Mallory and Griff are doing well too. I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas together.

Toni, you are the hardest worker I know. I don't know how you have the stamina to go to work at JoAnn's after being at school all day. I just teach in the mornings and I come home tired! But I love helping these little ones to catch up on reading.

Melanie and Kim, what are your Holiday plans? We do it very casually. We will go to church and then come home for Pulled Pork sandwiches. The 3 local kids will drop in at various times throughout the day to have a bite to eat.

I got my Christmas village up, but the tree is still undone. I hope to get to that tonight.

Take care of yourselves and have a great Christmas, everyone, if we don't chat again before that.

cablair
Resident
cablair

A big hello to Nylene, Tina Toni, Melanie and KIm! Also nice meeting you Kim! I was at Two Peas also. Happy to see Nylene has started this thread as I so enjoy sharing and chatting with all of you. I hope you are already for Christmas-sounds like we are all so busy getting ready for that big day. I still have baking and shopping to do. We are getting blasted tonight and tomorrow with more lake effect snow-some from Lake Michigan even. Well I am sort of brain dead so will try to stop back later!

oldwesternpea
Tenant
oldwesternpea
In response to cablair

Christmas plans? Well, we really have no solid plans as of right now. Greg's mom has been in poor health and we don't get far from home these days. We are waiting for an opening in the local long term care. She has been at the top of the list for a little over a month now. She is ready for this change and we are hoping it will go smoothly when the time comes. So, I may get down to see my family but I don't know when or how yet.

tinacloer
Expert
tinacloer

Hi ladies! I'm just stopping by to check in. I'm still a bit in denial about Christmas being this weekend. I got a lot of my gifts bought over the weekend (or through Amazon), so I'm reasonably close to being done. We are going to my parents' place on Christmas day, which is about 1 1/2 hours away. My sister, Carol, moved back to Indiana from Seattle in July, so this year will be a little different, she'd been gone for 19 years.

Dh (Ron) decided that we aren't going to Christmas Eve at his Mom's this year, so we will just go to church that evening and probably out to dinner. His Mom is trying to guilt him into coming over to her place, but I don't think it will happen. His oldest sister is pretty mean to all of us at those events. I think he's choosing to have a drama-free holiday and to focus on what Christmas is supposed to be about. It's sad to me that families are sometimes so mean to each other.

Toni - you work so much! I hope that you get a break after Christmas. How are Meagan, Kevin and sweet grandbaby doing?

Nylene - your relaxed holiday plans sound great. That seems like a good way to celebrate.

Melanie - I hope that your MIL is able to get into the facility soon. I'm glad that she is prepared for the change and I hope that it's really positive for all of you.

Well, we are headed out to meet some of the fam to celebrate Olivia's birthday. Hope you all have a nice evening!

Tina

Nylene motherbambi
Mayor
Nylene motherbambi
In response to tinacloer

Hi, everyone! I have never understood how anyone could be mean to you, Tina. You are always such a nice person. It is probably jealousy. I hope you can avoid the conflict around Christmas! Have a great time with your DH and kids.

Melanie, I am so sorry about your husband's mother. I know the stress that comes with illness of our aging parents. I hope she is able to get into a long-term care center. It's a difficult time of life....and I feel it coming closer all the time. Have a great Christmas!

Toni, I hope you get a little time off at Christmas to recoup! I'm sure it's a zoo at JoAnn's right now. I have avoided the craft stores since I stood in a "2 checker line" with 24 people waiting at Michaels last week. And of course, someone was returning things and arguing at one of the check stands. I thought about you and hoped people were being nice to you.

Cindy, are you having the whole family to your home for Christmas dinner? If so, what are you serving? I used to make a turkey, but everyone came at different times, so we now do sandwiches! Say hello to Kellie for me.

Kim, do you have Christmas traditions? I hope you are feeling well and can enjoy the holidays.

I need to run. Have a wonderful Christmas season, everyone!

Nylene

Edited by Nylene motherbambi on 12-19-16 03:26 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

toni-n-tn
Diva
toni-n-tn

Good morning, girls.

It's almost here I'm going to run before going to work and get a gift card for a sushi restaurant that Kevin and his gf
like to go to, and it's almost to downtown Knoxville, so a little far away from us, but that's really the last thing I need to get.
I tried finding it the other day, and didn't, so I'll have to try it again today (this time with directions, LOL)

We finally got the tree up ( well, Brian and Meagan did).
I only work three days this week, and next week, so I've
actually got most of everything done. I will stop at the grocery store after work tonight, too,
so I won't have to go out tomorrow.

We will basically have three Christmas' though. In the morning we will do Kaitlyn (the cutest little girl ever :))
along with Meagan, Brian, DH and myself. Then in the afternoon Kevin and his gf, Hannah will come over, and we'll have another one
(Poor Kevin was so worried about how he was going to go to two houses, I told him people do it all the time and I'm flexible :))
Then Cooper will come back from his mom's later that night, so we'll do it all over again for him. So, this will be a first for us, LOL.
I will be making a ham, but Hannah isn't fond of ham, so not sure what I'm going to do about that. Maybe next year I'll do the turkey and ham...
but next year will be my turn to work at Joanns both Christmas and New Years.
Since I worked them last year, I got those days off. We switch them out, so to speak. So, we'll see.
Well, I'm rambling...kind of just thinking while I'm typing, LOL.

Cindy, so good to see you. Hope you and your family are well.

Haven't done much in the way of scrappin' lately, but I hope to next week. I have a couple of challenges to get done.
Sad to say but I don't scrap nearly half as much as I used to.
And I have all these adorable photos of Kaitlyn, too They'll get done sooner or later, I guess.

Well, I better get going. I hope you all have a Very Merry
Christmas, and a Wonderful New Year.

God Bless you all.
Love
toni

cablair
Resident
cablair
In response to toni-n-tn

Merry Christmas ladies! It so hustle bustle I am wiped out! No I am not cooking dinner for Christmas Becky &Jeremy do it. I do Thanksgiving but I did do Christmas for a lot of years.we go to Becky's and watch the kids open their gifts then come home for a while then go back for the meal,
Good seeing you Toni! Everyone is do busy anymore we don't make time to visit with one another.

Well going to close as I am so ehat brain dead

cablair
Resident
cablair
In response to cablair

Hi everyone! Just stopped by to wish you all a very Happy New Year! I know everyone is busy enjoying the holiday week. I got to play in my scrap room yesterday and made some cards. I will post them later today. Hope to go in and do some scrapping today.

Nylene motherbambi
Mayor
Nylene motherbambi
In response to cablair

Hi, everyone!

Wishing you a Happy New Year too, Cindy! Do you and Bob do anything special? We usually just go to bed. I'm working on a puzzle, so will probably just do that.

Toni, it sounds like you are still busy, busy. I'm glad Meagan and Brian got your tree up for you. I had to giggle at Kevin worrying about having to split the Holiday between 2 households. Welcome to the adult world! LOL! You are nice to be flexible.
I'm glad you got some time off from JoAnn's this year.

I don't have to go back to school until the 4th, so I am enjoying some scrappy time. I have a couple to post, but haven't scanned them yet.

I posted this one yesterday.
Camera Shy By Nylene Motherbambi

Be sure to post your projects here so we can all enjoy them. They zip by in the gallery so fast.

I am sending best wishes for a wonderful New Year's Eve and New Year. I hope it finds you well and ready for another year!
Hugs, Nylene

toni-n-tn
Diva
toni-n-tn

Hey girls, just popping in to say hi and Happy New
Years also. Just got home from Joann's; luckily today
wasn't too busy, but yesterday, ohmygosh!!!! I don't
go back 'til Monday night, and then school on Tuesday
and back to Joann's Tuesday night. My schedule at
joann's over the next couple of weeks isn't bad though,
mostly a few nights a week.

Tomorrow we're going to see a couple of friends, but
that will be it for us over the weekend; we don't get
out too much these days, LOL.

Anyway, Happy New Years to everyone, and I hope 2017
will be a great year for you all

love ya,
toni.

Theresa TSC
Expert
Theresa TSC
In response to toni-n-tn

Hold onto your socks, I am actually making an appearance!!!! Nylene let me know about the new thread. I don't think I've been on this site in a couple of years but thankfully the computer remembered my password so here I am! So good to "see" all of you. I really do miss my imaginary friends. Life is good here. I work as a Care Manager for a nursing consulting company. Right now I'm only doing Humana members. I go into their homes to provide health and wellness education and socialization for senior citizens. It's great--I get paid to visit and talk to people! Randy still works for McDonalds. I have two gorgeous granddaughters now and I know some of you have seen the rare photos I get to post on FB. Kate (DIL) is much more relaxed with the second one so I can do more. Julianne turns 3 today, just had her tonsils/adenoids out Wednesday which was traumatizing for all of us. We're going to go back to Lexington at another time to have a party, she's still recuperating. Savannah is almost 10 months old and just a hoot! I still host my monthly crop at church and scrap there but, to be honest, that's about the only time. It's not like I don't enjoy it and have plenty to scrap now but just don't seem to be able to squeeze the time in. My Aunt and Uncle have both had major heath issues so they take up my spare time. That's about it from me. I am going to make a conscious effort to check in here though because I wasn't joking when I said I missed you! I'll have to do a refresher course in the help section on how to upload stuff too!

Edited by Theresa TSC on 12-31-16 08:32 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Theresa TSC
Expert
Theresa TSC
In response to tinacloer

• Quote:
which he considers to be insufficiently stimulating to his neurons

totally cracked me up

tinacloer
Expert
tinacloer
In response to Theresa TSC

Happy Monday Sweet Ladies!!!

I hope that all of you enjoyed your holidays. We had a really nice Christmas. We spent time with my parents and my sister, Carol, and her husband. It was calm, pleasant and all good. We had Christmas with Ron's Mom and younger sister the day after Christmas and it was all great.

I've been off the computer for the last week, just trying to spend time with the fam while I'm off work. I am often so busy that I still struggle with being present even when I'm physically there, so I didn't even touch my computer for a week, which was nice.

Mallory heads back to college today. Ron is driving her in a bit and his Mom strangely asked if she could go with them, so Olivia and I are getting ready to start a happy day of crafting. I'll post what I get done later today, I hope I can figure out how to put it in this thread, as I haven't done that before here.

Theresa, it's good to hear from you. I had noticed that you've been allowed to post more pics of the girls in the past year or so. They are both adorable!!! I hope that Julianne recovers well and that her health issues get better after the surgery.

I don't know if I've mentioned this or not, but Ron is getting ready to start a new job. He has been working on closing down most of his internet marketing business for the past year and is taking a position as a Discipleship Pastor at our church later this month. He worked as a pastor for middle school kiddos (at a different church) for about 4 years and left that work a couple of years ago. I think he may also start working on his Master's degree in August.

Olivia is still interviewing for a permanent position. She had 2 second interviews to be an outside sales person for tech companies right before Christmas, so we are hoping that one of those works out for her. She is still working in marketing for the toy company, but would love to find a position that allows her to be around more people and is faster paced.

Anywho, I hope that you are all having a wonderful day!

Tina

Nylene motherbambi
Mayor
Nylene motherbambi
In response to tinacloer

I'll be back later to chat, but wanted to post these instructions on how to link a page/project to this thread.
LINKING CREATIONS TO THE THREAD:

*Click on the picture you want to link in your gallery
*On the right side of the page, under "Add to Favorites", click on "Link"
*Click the bubble button beside IMG code
*Click inside the box with the code in it
*Click any bubble under image code to resize the photo
*Click CTRL & C to copy
*Come back to the thread and press CTRL & V to post the link and click add post and that's it!
(*I have to give credit to the scraplift challenge as I copied the instructions from their challenge)

Nylene motherbambi
Mayor
Nylene motherbambi

Hi, Scrappy Friends.
Why am I the only one posting layouts when I KNOW that you are
posting pages! (have you been sufficiently scolded?)
Please use the above instructions and let's see your great layouts.

Tina, I hope Ron finds exactly what he wants. It's always scary to leave (or close down) one job and begin another. I'm sending good thoughts for him.

Theresa, post some of your pages of your cute granddaughters. They are so cute together.

We are pretty much snowed in. Steve has been out snowblowing the neighborhood for the last 2 days. We live around a lot of older people, so he likes to keep their walks and driveways clear.

Here's my latest layout. The photo was from 2015 (I'm very Pokey, you know) but I finally gathered up my stuff and made it. I am loving my Cameo which Cindy really walked me through when I got it in October. I loving experimenting with that machine.
Welcome Home By Nylene Motherbambi

tinacloer
Expert
tinacloer

Hi Sweet Ladies!!!

Nylene - thanks for the reminder on how to post here. I came back by to post the LO's that I did on Monday when I was off.

Being with you makes me happy! By Tinacloer

Reading is your super power! By Tinacloer

Hanging out at Tacky Jack's By Tinacloer

This happened By Tinacloer

I hope that you are all having a happy evening! I'm hoping to get some scrappy time tomorrow, My sister in law came over and cleaned my house for me today, so I only have laundry to do this weekend, which is easy peasy.

Have a nice weekend ladies!

oldwesternpea
Tenant
oldwesternpea
In response to tinacloer

Cute layouts! Nylene you can't scold me other than to say I should be scrapping. I have not done any for a while.
This Sunday is the kick off to our year of celebration for our church centennial. I "get to" give a five minute history teaser to the written history that we will be printing - hopefully soon! I'm waiting for a few things yet of course. It looks like it will end up being a little over 100 pages. Maybe a few more depending on how many photos we add yet.
I am also on my last year as Scavenger's Journey secretary. I so wish I wouldn't have caved in a weak moment and taken on another term. Sigh.
Happy New Year all!

Kimberly Rae
Diva
Kimberly Rae

Hi all... I've been away a bit. It's been a crazy holiday season and now that it's finally winding down I'm back on the boards and working on crafty and blog stuff... oh hi! I'm Kimberly... I was rarely on Two Peas, I left after being 'bully'd' for not being a mother and being on the board. Seriously, I kid you not. This one woman pretty much told me that I didn't belong and I was just flabbergasted. I'm not one to stay where I'm not welcome, and that was my first exposure to 2Peas. What a bloody nightmare.

Nylene motherbambi
Mayor
Nylene motherbambi

Kimberly, I cannot believe you were chased off the 2peas boards. However, I hardly ever ventured over to the NSBR boards because so many women were rabid. I pretty much stayed in General Scrapping. I'm sorry you were treated that way. You won't be bullied here, I promise! It's great to see your smiling profile! Tell us what you are working on.

Tina, thanks for posting your layouts here. I saw that you joined the Sewing Challenge too.

Melanie, you know I would never REALLY scold you, especially knowing the huge task you have taken on for your Church's 100th. They had better appreciate all you have done. My dad helped set up a Museum and contributed to a book written about his tiny little Idaho birthplace. I was so glad to go see what he had done.

For the last year or so I have joined a challenge or 2 each month and last month I won a $35 prize from Scrapbook.com. It was for a layout I didn't really like and almost didn't post. Of course I have spent it already.

Have a great weekend, everyone.

Theresa TSC
Expert
Theresa TSC

Afternoon one and all. Just popping in for a second. Have the crud that is going around and feel just horrible. For the last two days I've coughed and blown my nose so much that my ribs are sore. Today the cough is better but I'm concerned it is just settling down on my lungs to stay for a while. Trying to get Christmas stuff down but just don't have the energy. Took me a whole day just to get the tree down on Thursday. Not much on TV so thankful I'd DVR'd some Christmas movies and I've watched some stuff on Amazon Prime and Netflix because lying on the couch seems like the only thing I am going to get accomplished.

Kimberly Rae
Diva
Kimberly Rae

Theresah, you're not alone... I'm coming down with the crud. Did two loads of laundry, and now I'm kaput in my comfy chair with the laptop and Amazon prime on the Xbox1. I'm in Northern CA and we're getting hammered by a brutal storm.....

tinacloer
Expert
tinacloer

Happy Monday Ladies!

I'm trying to be upbeat about this whole Monday thing...can you tell? We had a good weekend, I stayed in most of the weekend because it's really cold here right now. Our temp has been hovering until 10 degrees for several days.

I don't think I've mentioned this, but I'm on a mission to get back into some semblance of decent shape by my 50th B-day, which is coming in May. So...I started high intensity interval training last week. I can barely lift my arms...FOR REAL! Stuff I thought was just fat must have been muscle, because it hurts...lol.

This weekend I booked a trip for dh and I over our 25th anniversary, which is in April. We are going to St. Thomas and Puerto Rico...yay! I've never been to St. Thomas (or any of the Carribean) so I'm really looking forward to it.

Kim - Welcome to our group. You definitely will experience only kindness here. I agree with Nylene, there were some mean girls on NSBR and sometimes in some other areas of 2Peas, but we have none of that here. Hope you feel better.

Nylene - You reminded me that I should join the sewing challenge. I do some of them occasionally, it does help to keep me moving a bit.

Theresa - Hope you feel better too! So many people are sick right now, lots of flu going around. Hugs.

Have a nice day ladies!

Nylene motherbambi
Mayor
Nylene motherbambi
In response to tinacloer

I love all your layouts, Tina. I can't believe how much your girls have grown from when I "met" them on Kid Nation. I love to see photos of your children. Good luck on the getting in shape for your 50th. Your trip sounds like fun. Our kids gave us a trip to Hawaii last year for our 48th wedding anniversary. I think that will have to take care of 50th next year. I think I'm getting too old to travel much.

Toni, you need to post your most recent layouts here. You do so many fun techniques. We need to see them for inspiration. Your little granddaughter is so cute.

Hi, Cindy! I hope you will post your layouts and cards here when you finish them. It sounds like you have been organizing your scraproom. When you finish you can come work on mine. I never did hear how your neighbor's family liked the heritage album you helped her make.

Theresa, I am sorry you are under the weather. I have a lot of little students out because of illness. I guess it's that time of year. I hope you feel better soon. Are you enjoying your job?
Is it better than working in an office for a doctor?

Kimberly it sounds like you are sick too. I hope the bugs leave you soon and you can be up and busy. But while you are convalescing, enjoy your movies, etc. Pop in when you can.

I have just posted 2 layouts here. They posted in the wrong order and it won't let me change them. So this one should be the 2nd page. (me and technology..hahaha)
We Left Our Hearts in San Francisco By Nylene Motherbambi

toni-n-tn
Diva
toni-n-tn

it's really good to see people popping in here...maybe as times goes on, more and more will pop back in.

Nylene asked me to post this page I finished yesterday...
Kaitlyn definitely brightens my days

Cricut Challenge - Wonder By Toni-n-tn

Hope everyone is doing fine...we've had a couple of days off from school because of snow and ice yeah!
And we were so over hours last year at Joanns that they've cut everyone's hours drastically, LOL...so right now I'm only at three days a week, so I really don't know
what to do with myself. But I'm finding things to do and it's not cleaning the house, LOL.

Anyway, be back at some point.
Take care all.

Edited by toni-n-tn on 01-10-17 10:39 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Theresa TSC
Expert
Theresa TSC
In response to toni-n-tn

I don't know if I'm feeling better or not but thanks for asking. One minute I think I am and the next I'm blowing snot and having to sit down because I'm so tired! Saw on my FB that I had a bug this time last year too so guess I have a pattern.

Nylene, I do like my job when I'm in the client's house. It's annoying that I don't have internet access strong enough to use my tablet at most of the houses so I have to do notes when I get home, double the work basically but I am helping people so I sleep well at night! With all the changes in the insurance world makes me wonder how long they'll keep programs like this around. (For those that don't know, I'm a RN Care Manager for a consulting firm. I only have Humana at Home clients right now. I go into their houses and help with health and wellness following hospital discharges or weekly for people with chronic health issues.) Keeps me very busy, usually end up doing something work related 7 days a week so in that instance, I miss the 3 day a week hospital job. Don't miss dealing with management or doctors on a daily basis though.

Haven't been scrapping much but did stop today to make this card for my great nephew's birthday party tomorrow.

Paw patrol birthday card By Theresa TSC

Edited by Theresa TSC on 01-14-17 04:11 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

tinacloer
Expert
tinacloer

Hi there lovely ladies! I'm off work today for MLK day. Olivia and I are going to play crafts in a bit, which will be fun.

It's super gloomy outside here, so I'm not really inspired to go out. I do need to finish taking down the rest of the Christmas decorations, but I think the house looks plain when they are gone, so I haven't been in any hurry.

Theresa - I hope that you can kick that cold and feel better soon.

Olivia got accepted into the technical sales training program that she had applied to, so she is excited about that. She starts on Wednesday and she will be going through six weeks of training to sell IT stuff. They get paid to go through the training through a grant and then many of the students get hired by the firms that they train in. I think it will be good for her, she wants to move into an apartment with friends this summer and that will pay her much better than the marketing job that she has now.

Mallory came home from college on Saturday and brought Isaac, her boyfriend with her. He seemed like a good kid, Ron had met him before, but I hadn't. It was good to get to see them together, he seemed to appreciate several of the things about her that we think are special.

Anywho, I hope you all have a good day!

Tina

Nylene motherbambi
Mayor
Nylene motherbambi
In response to tinacloer

Hi, Chatty Scrappers!

I got ready for school Monday morning and was on my way out the door when Steve called me from the Church to ask why there were a bunch of boys there playing basketball instead of being in school. Duh, I had forgotten it was MLK day. I would have gone to school. Instead I dismantled my Christmas village and put it away.

Theresa, I love that card. Our little Alex loves those dogs. Very cute. I'm glad you are liking your job. I'm sure it's hard to go out when it's cold and blustery. You are doing such a wonderful service for those people.

Toni, that page about Kaitlyn is beautiful. She must be such a delight in your house. How old is she now?

Tina, it sounds like your girls are doing well. Tell Olivia congrats on getting into the training program and what fun that Mall has
a nice boyfriend that you all like. From experience I know it's easier when the parents actually LIKE the choices of their kids.

We have had so many cold, cold days here. My arthritis gets worse all the time. I know now why older people move to warmer climates.

I have been scrapping, but haven't scanned and posted. Maybe tomorrow after I take my Christmas tree down. I love the decorations so much and hate the emptiness when they are gone. Tina, I took my tree down last year on Jan 30. LOL

Have a great rest of the week. Waving to Cindy, Kimberly and Melanie!

DianaRita
Veteran
DianaRita

Oh my goodness! I'm so excited Nylene for Starting this thread. I miss you all so much. December and January are extremely busy for me and I had not been here in over a month. Glad to find you all here.

Welcome Kim, sorry about your heart attck. Hope you continue to heal.

Tina, your girls are beautiful, I love seeing pictures of them on FB. I lost 30 lbs last year, I did a little walking but I served myself on small plates ate almost everything there and NO well very little carbs. It took 6 months but it worked and I have not gained it back but I'm always watching what I eat. I still eat chocolate (more often than I should). Drink my glass or 2 of wine, but No spirits. unless you like it with water and ice. Good luck. Congratulations to Oliva.

Theresa, Love that card. Your two granddaughter are adorable. I remember when my mom did the home nurse thing and she would come home with a zillion paperwork to do. She did that for a short time only, she hates paperwork. Glad you enjoy it.

Toni, Gorgeous page. Your granddaughter is beautiful. How is Kevin doing?

Melanie, how wonderful to celebrate 100 years of your church. I love your heritage LO's miss them, hope to see them again.

Stan and I are going to a Gala, it's theme is Small World. We have to dress ethnic. I'm a Spaniard he is a Mexican. Should be fun.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

DianaRita
Veteran
DianaRita
In response to DianaRita

These are my last 3.

This is our granddaughter MIA, Justin and Jaci's daughter. Stan and I are crazy in love with her. We also have a grandson from Beau, he lives in Costa Rica and we don't see them often at all.

Edited by DianaRita on 01-21-17 08:44 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Nylene motherbambi
Mayor
Nylene motherbambi
In response to DianaRita

Hi, Diana. It's so great to see your happy face popping up. I can't believe how much your Natalie has grown. How is your mom? Is she still going strong like the Energizer Bunny?

Tell us what each of your family members are doing.

Emily's girls are both in Jr.High and Ash goes to High School in the Fall. Emily is doing well and has a 4 year old rambunctious boy (also a redhead) who keeps her busy.

Steve is semi-retired and spends his free time in a new Wood Shop that Eric built for him in the backyard. He has made some gorgeous turned pens. I am a volunteer remedial reading teacher at the local elementary school. We just keep getting older!

Hug all your family for me. Wish we could get together again!

DianaRita
Veteran
DianaRita

Nylene, Tyler 24 is in the Coast Guard and right now is stationed in St. Petersburg, FL. about 3 hours from home. He is still single. Daniel is 22 and attending FIU hopefully next year he will get his BS in Information Technology. Monica will be 20 on the 30th. She just made up her mind yesterday that she will be applying for the delayed entry program in the Navy JAG. with a long term goal of joining the FBI. She is an amazing young woman. Natalie is in 6th, grade. The older 3 are all doing well. Beau has a little boy in Costa Rica and Justin has a little girl Mia. Lauren is still single, I pray God puts a good man in her life. Mom is doing very well, she just turned 83.

Still looks great and always in good spirits. Stan and I are doing better than ever. Now I work full time selling awnings and I LOVE it. Stan is involved in a lot of non-profits so aside from his salary paying job, he is always doing volunteer work. We always have something to do.

I can't believe how big the girls are. I'm glad EM is doing well and enjoying her little boy. I glad Steve is doing well. I so wish we could see each other again. Maybe one of these days.
Send my love to EM and Steve.

Edited by DianaRita on 01-22-17 06:23 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

oldwesternpea
Tenant
oldwesternpea
In response to DianaRita

Hello ladies! I have a sore throat and lately I feel like I'm on a treadmill and can't get off. Feel like too many people want too many things from me - sad part of it is that I probably got myself into all of them to begin with and I don't now how to get out of it. Can't seem to get anything accomplished.

So nice to see everyone and the stuff you have shared that you have made. All so wonderful.

Supposed to be a winter storm tomorrow thru Wed. morning. It was just getting nice and most of snow and ice melted.

One of our employees and really a good friend lost her military son to suicide last week. She is heart broken. And we are so sad for her. We are watching her house and cats. Will pick her up and bring her back home later this week. Pray for us as we try to be what she needs us to be for her.

Taught a crochet class for beginners last week for a community ed program. was supposed to have the second session tomorrow night, but with the storm it is postponed for a week. I really enjoyed doing it and was a nice change from the other stuff on the treadmill.

Tested the A1C last week and it came back great. Still fighting the Type 2 without having to take meds yet. I was a little nervous since it had been the holidays etc. and I cheated some on the diet. I need to get on back on the exercise routine. I did good for so long and then I don't know what happened, I hit a wall and just couldn't seem to find my motivation. I've set a goal of losing 25 pounds this year. I think it is a reasonable goal, but won't make it if I don't get back on the exercise. Another treadmill to get on until the weather gets nicer.

Later all! So good to catch up with you.

Melanie

Nylene motherbambi
Mayor
Nylene motherbambi

Hi, Melanie! So good to see you.
It sounds like you are inundated with projects right now. It's terrible when we know we have signed on for more than we can handle. I hope things begin to clear up for you soon. Your crochet class sounds nice. My thumbs are so arthritic that I have had to quite crocheting. Maybe in the summer when it's warmer.
I'm sorry about your employee's son. Such a tragic end. You are all in my prayers for help getting through the next little while.
I didn't know you were battling Type 2. I hope you can continue to avoid the meds. Good luck on the weight loss. I need to join you in that!

Diana, I loved hearing about each of your family members. Your mom hasn't changed a bit and she is still just beautiful. I love the photo with the crown. She looks like she should wear a crown all the time. She's a special lady! Be sure to give her and your girls a hug from us. We think of you every time we hear anything about Florida! BTW, congrats on the weight loss!

tinacloer
Expert
tinacloer

Good morning lovely ladies!!! Happy Wednesday! I'm excited because today is my last day of work this week...yay. I'm going to a scrappy retreat from tomorrow until Saturday night. I usually go to this a couple of times per year, they have people to give massages and we got facials the last time...it's really hard work.

Diana - I love Monica's career goal, that is so very cool! I hope that she gets accepted into the JAG program.

I'm still on my weight loss mission, but I'm annoyed that my progress is slow. I've been under 1200 calories every day and am working out 3 or 4 days a week, but have only lost 7 pounds. I feel better when I'm off of all of the sugar that I usually like to eat, so I'm doing fine, but am hoping that the weight will start coming off better, it sure goes on easier.

Mallory just took up knitting recently. Evidently, several of the girls in her dorm knit, so she keeps sending us pictures of all kinds of stuff that she's made, all out of the same yarn that she calls her favorite shade of ugly green...lol.

Diana - I think I'm going to be in Miami in September. There's a conference happening there that I'm supposed to go to. When it gets closer, I'll let you know, maybe we can get dinner when I'm down there.

Well, I guess I should get off here and get myself to work...they might like that.

Have a good day ladies!

Nylene motherbambi
Mayor
Nylene motherbambi
In response to tinacloer

Tina, I hope you have a great time at your Scrap Retreat. You know I am jealous. I hope you get a chance to meet up with Diana in Miami. She is so sweet! We met in Orlando and went to Disney together with the kids one day. Such fun!

Cindy, you need to post your pretty layout over here so everyone can see it. It's one of my favorites of yours.

Here is a layout I posted here today. This is Ashley, the oldest of Em's children. Not a great photo but it's so typical of her.
So Many Books So Little Time By Nylene Motherbambi

DianaRita
Veteran
DianaRita

Hi lady's, I have been so busy with life. Good having fun busy, but busy.

Tina, yes let me know we will definitely meet. Maybe you are not having enough calories. That happens a lot. But it took a long time to put on, it will take time to take off. Good luck.

Nylene, Ashley is like Daniel with the reading. He is always reading, now more on his phone than the actual books, but if he reads something that he would want to read again he will buy the book. The LO is gorgeous. She is so pretty. Time sure does fly.

Melanie, that is good that you are trying to eat better instead of getting on meds. Good luck. Hope the storm is not too horrible.

Have a great day ladies. I will scrap today,

Armymom16
Expert
Armymom16
In response to DianaRita

Hi Ladies,

Still new here and don't know many of you. However, life is not being very nice to my family thus far for 2017 and in need of some "prayer warriors". I thought this might be a great place to get.... Thank You in advance. XOX

Nylene motherbambi
Mayor
Nylene motherbambi
In response to Armymom16

Welcome, Armymom16.
This is a great group and you will get lots of love, hugs and prayers.
Tell us a little about yourself.

Thanks for the comments on my layout. You guys are the best.
I'm off school today because all the non-volunteer teachers are sick and I can't work alone without a paid employee present! So my little children will miss out today too. Makes me sad.

Off to get some work done in the house today. Have a great day everyone.

Armymom16
Expert
Armymom16

Not much to tell, but mom of 2 AMAZING boys (ages 20 and 24) ~ Just realized they will be 21 and 25 this year. OH MY!!!

My hubs travels for work and gone most of the year as he works for the oil/gas refineries around the US and some out of the US. My oldest is a work a-holic and so proud of him. My youngest just joined the military in Oct and just graduated basic in Dec and will be going to his FDS in Feb after AIT training. I am an EAGLE SCOUT MOM - so love the outdoors...

Cooking, scrapbooking, photography and beauty consultant are my hobbies!

Learning to empty nest this past 4 months has been rough~ I have not scrapbooked in about 3 years and just started again a few weeks ago. Not much to tell right now because once the boys left home realized all I had done was be MOM. Now learning to figure out who "I AM" and learning how to "MOM" without kids in the house at a distance. It's hard!

Anyway... that is my boring life. But I love it and it's my life.

tinacloer
Expert
tinacloer
In response to Armymom16

Robin,

Hi! Welcome to the Chatty's. I'm Tina, my kids are Griffin (13 yrs), Mallory (18 and is a freshman in college) and Olivia (23), who finished college in May and is doing IT sales. I empathize with you about the empty next, I think about that and we still have 5 years until Grif goes to college. I hope that you are able to find things to fill your days that are meaningful to you.

Have fun scrapping, I saw that you are planning to make 200 pages this year, that is lot!

Diana - I will definitely touch base with you as I get closer to my trip.

I had fun at my scrappy retreat this weekend. We got massages and facials and I made about 30 pages. It was a lot of fun and was nice just to hang out with friends for the weekend.

Well, I'm off to spend some productive time watching the Bachelor...nothing like a little junk TV.

Armymom16
Expert
Armymom16
In response to tinacloer

• tinacloer Said:
Robin,

Hi! Welcome to the Chatty's. I'm Tina, my kids are Griffin (13 yrs), Mallory (18 and is a freshman in college) and Olivia (23), who finished college in May and is doing IT sales. I empathize with you about the empty next, I think about that and we still have 5 years until Grif goes to college. I hope that you are able to find things to fill your days that are meaningful to you.

Have fun scrapping, I saw that you are planning to make 200 pages this year, that is lot!

Diana - I will definitely touch base with you as I get closer to my trip.

I had fun at my scrappy retreat this weekend. We got massages and facials and I made about 30 pages. It was a lot of fun and was nice just to hang out with friends for the weekend.

Well, I'm off to spend some productive time watching the Bachelor...nothing like a little junk TV.

WOW! You are a busy lady!!!! My kids are Dustin (20) and just joined the Army. He is currently in AIT and will graduate in Feb and then he goes to his FDS (First Duty Station) that evening. I am super excited that he will be stationed here in the US for now. His assignment is probably the best as for his job and training. Not what a mom wants, but proud none the less. He is training to be a police officer. My oldest is Michael (24) and just recently promoted to Assist. Manger for Wal-Mart. Pretty stinkin' proud of this kid!!!! He started Wal-Mart his Junior year as a night time cashier and within 5 years worked his way up to management and within a year of doing that worked his way up even more. I am retired Eagle Scout Mom, Band Mom, Soccer Mom. My husband works safety for the Oil/Gas Refineries all over the US and a few different places outside the US at time. Therefore he travels A LOT! He is about to leave for 6 months to IL so I will be "home alone". This has been a new experience for me and one I am not liking much. I used to run, run, run and now it seems life just STOPPED! This empty nest thing is NOT FUN~ So start now planning so it don't sneak up on you.

I have started scrapbooking again which fills my spare time at night (the hardest part of my day). I also recently started a small business of my own and working to get it up and running. Loving the girlfriend, devotional time we spend together and spreading a little sunshine and sparkle.

That's me in a nutshell!

Oh I am a big outdoors girl! But I can dress up when needed. LOL

Armymom16
Expert
Armymom16
In response to DianaRita

• DianaRita Said:
Nylene, Tyler 24 is in the Coast Guard and right now is stationed in St. Petersburg, FL. about 3 hours from home. He is still single. Daniel is 22 and attending FIU hopefully next year he will get his BS in Information Technology. Monica will be 20 on the 30th. She just made up her mind yesterday that she will be applying for the delayed entry program in the Navy JAG. with a long term goal of joining the FBI. She is an amazing young woman. Natalie is in 6th, grade. The older 3 are all doing well. Beau has a little boy in Costa Rica and Justin has a little girl Mia. Lauren is still single, I pray God puts a good man in her life. Mom is doing very well, she just turned 83.

Still looks great and always in good spirits. Stan and I are doing better than ever. Now I work full time selling awnings and I LOVE it. Stan is involved in a lot of non-profits so aside from his salary paying job, he is always doing volunteer work. We always have something to do.

I can't believe how big the girls are. I'm glad EM is doing well and enjoying her little boy. I glad Steve is doing well. I so wish we could see each other again. Maybe one of these days.

My overflows with joy and pride for you and your family. It also is overwhelmed as my son just joined the Army and I am learning the ropes to be a Military Mom. It's been a rocky road. He is my youngest to start with and then having the empty nest thing, him graduating all at once was a little overwhelming. How you and other Moms do it with more than one child, or spouse is beyond my understanding right now. I will add both your children to my prayer list and keep them and your family on it daily~

BLESS YOU! BTW~ Nice to meet you and your beautiful family

Armymom16
Expert
Armymom16
In response to DianaRita

• DianaRita Said:

Oh, I forgot~ You MOM is STUNNING! What a beautiful picture!!!!! I absolutely LOVE IT!

Nylene motherbambi
Mayor
Nylene motherbambi
In response to Armymom16

Robin, so nice to know a little about you. I am a mom of 4 grown children and 14 grandchildren. My husband is semi-retired from Golf Course Management. I'm an Eagle Scout mom too. I have worked in scouts for 32 years, but was recently released. I am getting too unsure on my feet to do the hiking required.
My DH is Retired National Guard. I totally understand your pride in men in uniform.
As for empty nesting....I thought I'd go crazy when my last one left home. I felt like my job of being a mom was over. Then grandchildren came and I have loved having Cousin Camps and teaching 4-H to the grands.
3 years ago I felt unfulfilled and went to a local Elem. school and asked if I could volunteer as a tutor. I teach Remedial reading 3 mornings a week to children who really need the help. That has been such an uplift in my life. My grands are getting into Jr. High and are so busy outgrowing me. Teaching at the school has helped fill that hole.
Hang in there! Getting back into scrapping will be a good thing for you. I hope you can find others around you to scrap with occasionally. (if not, we are here!)

Nylene motherbambi
Mayor
Nylene motherbambi

P.S. Not only is Diana's mom stunning, she is the nicest person you'd ever want to meet. You feel like you are friends in just an instant!

Armymom16
Expert
Armymom16

• Nylene motherbambi Said:
Robin, so nice to know a little about you. I am a mom of 4 grown children and 14 grandchildren. My husband is semi-retired from Golf Course Management. I'm an Eagle Scout mom too. I have worked in scouts for 32 years, but was recently released. I am getting too unsure on my feet to do the hiking required.
My DH is Retired National Guard. I totally understand your pride in men in uniform.
As for empty nesting....I thought I'd go crazy when my last one left home. I felt like my job of being a mom was over. Then grandchildren came and I have loved having Cousin Camps and teaching 4-H to the grands.
3 years ago I felt unfulfilled and went to a local Elem. school and asked if I could volunteer as a tutor. I teach Remedial reading 3 mornings a week to children who really need the help. That has been such an uplift in my life. My grands are getting into Jr. High and are so busy outgrowing me. Teaching at the school has helped fill that hole.
Hang in there! Getting back into scrapping will be a good thing for you. I hope you can find others around you to scrap with occasionally. (if not, we are here!)

Oh Nylene,

Thank you for the sweet inspirational words. It's reassuring to know that others know what you are going through and to know you are not alone. You just made my day a little brighter. I have only done scouting for 10-12 years, but they were some of the best!!!! When your son writes you during basic and tells you that he realizes that those times were moments we shared and he cherishes them... makes your heart smile. I don't have the grandbabies to fill my days and I work a fulltime 8-5 job for the STATE (it's a pay check). Looking to do something to inspire, and fulfill my time and others. It will come I know. Nice to met you and look forward to more fun times with the group

Theresa TSC
Expert
Theresa TSC
In response to Armymom16

Just checking in, have read everything and am happy to hear everyone is doing well.

cablair
Resident
cablair

Hi everyone! Stopping by to say Hi and say I am so behind on the chat as I have been dealing with health issues. Nice meeting you Robin! I am Cindy, wife, mom, grandma and retired. You will love it here!

Not much going on in my life right now. I think I am finally getting my mojo back as doing layouts are make me happy again when I was forcing myself to do one. I am glad that slump is over! I posted the last three pages and cards and there are more in the gallery. Hope everyone has a great weekend. Be back later.

You're Awesome By Cablair

Uniquely You By Cablair

Fright Night By Cablair

DianaRita
Veteran
DianaRita
In response to cablair

Hi ladies, I've been busy and not scrapping much. These two are from last week. I forgot to post them here.

Robin thanks for the comments on my mom. She's a beautiful lady. My husband and father in law are Retired Navy, he has a son who is also a retired Navy. Tyler is on his 5th year in the Coast Guard and just got another promotion. He wants to get out but they are making it very difficult. He gets to be stationed on his first choice and gets promotions and awards even by the Air Force. So he does not know if to stay or leave. He does work very hard. Monica will joint in their foot steps either the Navy Academy or Navy Officer School. She is the only one who listens to her father. LOL! The others do it the hard way. it's hard when they are gone, I still have 3 at home, but we are a big bunch. Enjoy yourself. You gave them wings now they will soar.

Nylene, I would love to see you again for sure. Who knows God works in misterios ways.

Cindy, how you feel better soon.

El Mariachi La Andaluza By DianaRita

Blackjack By DianaRita

Enjoy your Saturday

Edited by DianaRita on 02-04-17 08:05 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Nylene motherbambi
Mayor
Nylene motherbambi
In response to DianaRita

Oh, I love coming here and seeing layouts posted. Another great way to get to know each other and something about our lives.

Theresa, I love that profile photo of you with your little darlings. You need to post your last few layouts of them here so everyone can enjoy them. I hope work is going well and that the weather has not been too bad there as you drive from house to house. Take care.

Cindy and Diana, thanks for posting your layouts and card. I am determined to make a card like yours, Cindy.

Waving hello to each of you!
Here's my latest layout.
Fall Fun By Nylene Motherbambi

tinacloer
Expert
tinacloer

Hi ladies! I spent the first part of today at a show choir competition, it was fun to go watch the kids, even if none of mine are in it anymore. I went to see a friend's daughter in her first competition.

I got a few of my LO's from last week posted and thought I would run by an link them up. Here they are:

The best third wheel ever! By Tinacloer

They're official By Tinacloer

Hello foxy! By Tinacloer

I get a kick out of the one of Griffin tormenting Olivia and Simon.

Hope you are all having a really nice weekend!

Tina

DianaRita
Veteran
DianaRita
In response to tinacloer

I had a very relaxing weekend. I scrapped this one tonight.

Napa By DianaRita

THis is from our girls weekend in Napa last year.

Edited by DianaRita on 02-05-17 08:58 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

toni-n-tn
Diva
toni-n-tn
In response to DianaRita

Hey girls,

Thought I would stop in and get caught up on everyone...
wow, there was lots to read

Welcome, Robin...so very nice to meet you. These girls and I go way back, and because of them all, life has been way more sweeter.

I will have to come back and get caught up on all the pages, but will do that in the next couple of days as
I have to get ready for work.

I'm sending out some hugs, prayers, and well wishes to
all who need them. Sounds like some are going through
some rough patches. Hope everything gets betters soon
for all.

Sorry my visit is so short, but my boss doesn't like it when I'm late, LOL. I work both jobs today, so won't be back
for a couple of days, or so. Actually I thought Joanns would slow down but I'm still working 5 nights a week there, at least. So between that and school, times goes by very quickly.

I'll be back soon.
Love you all,
toni

tinacloer
Expert
tinacloer
In response to toni-n-tn

Happy Monday Sweet Ladies!!!

So I'm still depressed this morning about New England winning another Super Bowl...sigh, but at least we had a fun time and tasty snacks last night while we watched the game.

I'm supposed to be downstairs working out right now, but obviously, I'm here with you all instead...I'm just delaying the inevitable. I really wish that thinking about exercising got the job done.

We had a pretty uneventful weekend. Spent some time with friends and the fam and did LOTS of laundry. We had the mother of all sock parties last night during the game and matched up about a zillion pairs of socks...LOL.

Well, I guess that workout needs to happen, so I'm off to get it done. I hope that you all have a great day!

Tina

cablair
Resident
cablair
In response to tinacloer

Good evening All! Hope all is going well for everyone! I have been a busy person in my scrap room. Finally getting my mojo back and enjoying my scrappy time! Here's a card I made for my sister's birthday.

Butterfly flip card-front By Cablair

Have a great evening!

Theresa TSC
Expert
Theresa TSC
In response to cablair

Greetings all! I added two cards I made in the last 24 hours to the gallery but don't have time to add them here (would mean going back and reading Nylene's instructions again, LOL). I added them from my phone because that is where the photos were. I read the site on my laptop.

Flu has hit here pretty hard. Schools closed the last two days and again tomorrow. Trying to stay away from everyone but with my job it's tough. So far none of my clients have had it (well one did last week but she cancelled her visit so I wasn't near her). I had a virus the first week of January that, after seeing my last couple of year's reminder posts from FB, I must get every year. Still have an occasional cough but finally have been able to sleep without coughing since Saturday, whoo hoo!

Nylene, thanks for the comments on my sweet grands. They sure are a delight. I'll get some layouts posted with their photos this weekend when I have more time.

Theresa TSC
Expert
Theresa TSC

OK, I went back and found the instructions!

Delivering Birthday Wishes By Theresa TSC

You're not old By Theresa TSC

Theresa TSC
Expert
Theresa TSC

Did this quick one of Julianne

Days of miracle and wonder By Theresa TSC

Theresa TSC
Expert
Theresa TSC

Julianne loves her sister, she was so excited when she finally got to start feeding her (Kate was breastfeeding). Savannah looks like a doll instead of a real baby.

First food By Theresa TSC

This layout uses embellishments that I bought YEARS ago, no joking at least 10 years ago!

Go Cubbies. By Theresa TSC

Edited by Theresa TSC on 02-07-17 08:10 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Armymom16
Expert
Armymom16

Good Morning everyone,

First thank you everyone for all the sweet words and encouragement. For those of you who have 1+ children or Kids(s)+spouse in the military I do not see how you do it. You are truly amazing. It has been a rough road learning the ropes with just one.

Hope everyone is having a great week. Here is a LO I did this week for my grandmother to celebrate 92 yrs of her life.

Celebrate By Armymom16

Armymom16
Expert
Armymom16
In response to Armymom16

OH!!! my #PROUDMOM buttons are bursting this morning and I HAD to share~ I can't post on FB or call family as my SIT (Soldier in Training) has instructed me he wants to post, shout and let everyone know first. So.... I am going to shout here. LOL

A little history... In Oct 2015 my son joined the AF. He did fantastic and completed everything for graduation. (Except he struggled with situps). Now mind you, he is a fit young man, but for some reason couldn't bend right to get the # required in the 1min required time limit. So Dec 8 he was discharged and sent home. This really destroyed him for a while. However his AF Recruiter got him back on his feet. Due to not passing he couldn't re-enlist in the AF and that knocked him down again. Well long story short, the AF recruiter got him hooked up with the Army/Navy recruiter. After much contemplating he decided to enlist with the Army. October 3, 2016 (almost a year to the date) he swore in and left for basic). Today I received a text as follows: "I DID IT"! "I DID IT"! OMG, OMG, OMG! I can't believe I did it and finally passed~

While tears began rushing, my heart swelled with pride. (I also had to redo my makeup and was late to work because of). DANG KIDS! Even when he is out of the house he is still making me late. ROF

As civilians we don't really understand all that goes into making the decision to join and what the go through just to get there, much less their training and the sacrifices and struggles they face. Most of these soldiers are just kids... and they are making decisions I don't know that I could make and I am ??? (We will just leave you to guess), but I am much older than they. LOL) I am so proud, not only of my son but all his battle buddies (both young men and women) who have completed this journey.

cablair
Resident
cablair
In response to Armymom16

Wow Robin what a great story! I am happy for you and him! Oh the great feeling of accomplishment for him!

Not much going on here! going to work on laundry today-isn't that something you wanted t know?

Here's a layout I did using products from my stash!

Sweet By Cablair

Nylene motherbambi
Mayor
Nylene motherbambi
In response to cablair

Thanks everyone for posting your layouts here. It's so nice to be able to quickly find your layouts.

Robin, congrats to your Army son. That is great and he must be so proud. Hang in there...it will get easier being an empty-nester.

I have a layout to post, but I haven't scanned it yet. I have been making Valentines (on pencils) for all of the children at school in our remedial reading program. I thought there were about 45. Found out today we have 72. So I have a few more to make.

I made some little boxes (with the envelope punch) for my 5 students to keep their vocabulary cards where they can run through them every night before bed. My supervisor asked me to make a bunch more for the other children. It will take me
until the end of the school year to get the other 67 made. LOL
It's a good thing I can get cheap paper from the AC warehouse down the street!

It's so nice to come here and "see" you all. Have a great weekend, everyone.

Edited by Nylene motherbambi on 02-10-17 12:39 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Armymom16
Expert
Armymom16

Nylene,

What a wonderful gift for your students.

Theresa TSC
Expert
Theresa TSC
In response to Armymom16

Awww, Robin that's great!!!! My niece was the first female in the state of Kentucky to sign up for Combat Engineering in the army and she was a lot more excited than me about it (my brother's daughter Abby for the ones that have known me for awhile). She wasn't in boot camp for a couple of weeks til she had breaks in both her femurs. They sent her home for recovery and then she went back and darn if she didn't crack another bone less than a month after that. (Something about passing logs over their legs for training, said that they'd had problems with other women too but still have it as one of the exercises so go figure.) Needless to say she is no longer in the Army, they did a medical discharge. Not sure if she's going to try any other armed forces or not, hope she doesn't. She's a beautiful girl (she's actually in one of my layouts titled beautiful) and she's got a smart mouth so we figured she'd end up getting hurt by someone in her own squad, LOL.

Nylene, that sounds like a lot of boxes to make but I'm sure the kids will love them. I had planned on making my clients little valentines but didn't use my time wisely. Went to Wal-Mart today and bought little $1 boxes of chocolate instead. Most are diabetic, they'd probably be healthier without them but it's ony four pieces of candy.

I'm going to a weekend scrapbooking retreat next weekend. My friend Diane (came with me on the Mall of America trip) and I are staying in a Nunnery for the weekend. It's a fundraiser for their parrish. Nothing but scrapping from Friday night to Sunday afternoon. Have nothing gathered to take so best get started.

bonprof
Queen
bonprof

Hello everyone,
I stumbled in here and thought Id say hi.
I actually belonged to Two Peas only 8 months before it ended.
I've been here for 4 yrs and am very involved.
Im 58, a Special Education teacher, native of California.
Been scrapbooking since '03.
I really love the people on this website, and have met 8 of them in person!!
Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend.

toni-n-tn
Diva
toni-n-tn
In response to bonprof

Hey girls,

Still haven't gotten caught up on some lovin' but I still
intend to...looks like there's some really cute stuff here.

Donna, welcome...I, too, work in Sped. For the past couple of years I've been in a CDC classroom, and before that I mostly did inclusion. I love the kids, just don't like the politics (and sometimes parents) and paperwork...the 3P's as I call it.

Theresa - we've been hit here with the bug, too. Not just flu though, so just some varying degrees of different types of crud. We've had two weeks now where we've been off Thursday and Friday...not that I mind though. I didn't know all that about your niece...bless her heart.

Robin - what a sweet story. Congrats to your son. Although neither of my children have gone into the service, I am a true believer that everyone should serve in the military in some form or another...just like everyone should work in a retail and restaurant just to learn that we're not all here to just serve people, but also to learn how to be a little more friendly to those in those types of positions.

Nylene - I bet your kids are going to love your little box. What a great idea. You should post one, and the instructions, so maybe I could do that for our kids. Spelling/vocabulary is definitely not one of their stronger suits. Although, most of my kids would probably lose the box before they even got it home, or forget that they even have one to use, LOL. Not really funny though, but very true.

Tina - I wasn't really happy that the Pats won again. I don't think Tom Brady needs anymore enlarging of the head than he already has. Besides, I usually root for the underdog. Glad you had a good time watching it though. Although I didn't see it, I did Youtube the half time show the next day, and was greatly impressed.

Well, I'm working a clopen (close one night and open the next morning), so I need to get going. I never get much sleep when I work one of those shifts because I'm always afraid I'm going to oversleep.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday, and a wonderful week.

Luv ya,
toni

t-towngirl
Mayor
t-towngirl
In response to toni-n-tn

Hi ladies, I came across this thread and I "saw" some familiar names from other thread/challenges.

I joined in 2013 but was never active until last year when I finally joined some of the challenges. I really enjoy them and I am learning new techniques and meeting people along the way.

What I liked about this thread, it's that is a "visit" with your friends kind of thread.

On that note, let me introduce myself: My name is Blanca, live in Southern CA, and have been scrapping since 1998. I am retired and my life is busier and my house messier than when I was working. Can anybody tell my why?

I love to travel; read romance and historical novels; dance; and enjoy almost all type of music. I also enjoy playing board games with my grandkids and friends. I consider my self a Happy person.

tinacloer
Expert
tinacloer
In response to t-towngirl

Good morning ladies!!!

Happy Monday! Welcome Bianca and Donna. We are so happy to have you join us. Bianca, this is definitely a chat with your friends kind of thread. I love that it gives us a place to catch up on what is going on in everyone's lives, as well as sharing our latest creations. We hope that you feel welcomed here with all of us.

I had a good weekend. I did a little shopping and got my hair highlighted on Saturday. For some weird reason, my lowlights color decided to take on a red tint this time, but I told her not to fix it, a little change is good for me.

Ron and & went out to dinner last night for V-tines day (we have other stuff to do on Tuesday). He went through my make-up and bought me several things that I was running out of as my gift. I thought it was sweet. He is a kind man.

We also saw Lego Batman with Griffin and some friends. It was really cute. I loved that they blended characters from so many other stories and that the Flying Monkeys from Wizard of Oz were among the villains.

Well, I need to get moving, I have a couple of public speaking gigs today that I'm not exactly ready for.

Hope you all have a happy day!

Tina

Edited by tinacloer on 02-13-17 04:12 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Armymom16
Expert
Armymom16
In response to tinacloer

Good Morning All,

Hope each of you are doing well and had a wonderful weekend. It was peaceful this weekend with everyone out of the house. I actually enjoyed the quit this weekend for a change. Our weather is on the blink again... Saturday, beautiful and 92 after having a week of 30-40 degree weather. Yesterday it dropped back in the 40-50 and I had the fireplace going. WHAT???? Then today is supposed to be 42 and RAIN with a possibility of snow this week. ARE YOU KIDDING! Dang GROUNDHOG!

Anyway, hoping all of you have a blessed week~

Theresa TSC
Expert
Theresa TSC
In response to Armymom16

Happy Monday all!

Welcome Donna and Blanca nice to meet you! Always nice to have more "imaginary friends" (one of the grandchildren of one of the 2P's group called us that and I've used it ever since). I've had the pleasure of meeting several on this thread over the years as well as others from 2P's at various scrapbook events. So nice to meet IRL but we have bonds with our imaginary ones too. Have watched our kids/grands grow up and swear if I were to see one on the street I'd feel comfortable hugging them!

Nothing really going on in Kentucky other than all four seasons in every week still. Jonquils are blooming already, we have flies mosquitoes and yellow jackets already buzzing and a friend found a snake in his yard. Everything is confused!!!! It was close to 70 Friday and Saturday and today we woke up to 28. No wonder everything is confused. Another sign of the end of times coming.

Watched the movie Miracles from Heaven last night. It was awesome. Laughed, cried and questioned then praised God through out the whole thing. It's based on a true story about a 10 year old that got a freaky terminal illness and then was cured by another freaky accident. Really though it was about having faith. Highly recommend it--just not on a day where you don't have the time for a good cry.

Busy week ahead. Working Mon-Thur (in between clients now) and still haven't gotten my supplies together for the weekend scrapping retreat that starts on Friday. Had trouble with my computer yesterday and got annoyed and just stopped trying to find the photos I want to scrap. I'm doing a comparison album for the youngest granddaughter like the one I did when the oldest was born, putting photos of my son and daughter-in-law on one page and leaving a spot to put Savannah's on the next. Did Julianne's before she was born and Savannah will be one next month and haven't even thought about doing one for her until last week.

That's about it for me. Have a great week all.

t-towngirl
Mayor
t-towngirl

Thanks ladies for the warm welcome.

The weather is also crazy here. We had the fireplace on all day yesterday and today is probably about 75. And we are expecting rain starting on Wednesday all the way through Sunday.
Loco weather!!

bonprof
Queen
bonprof

Hi everyone,
My weekend was wonderful. Had today off too.
I wanted to share that Ive met 9 women from this website in person! So great. 7 of us went to Vegas together two years ago, traveled from all over the country.

It will take me awhile to get to know everyone. I do know Robin.
Have a great night!!

cablair
Resident
cablair
In response to bonprof

Good evening everyone! Nice meeting you Donna and Bianca! You will like it here! Everyone is so friendly and supportive! I stopped by so everyone would know I am still alive! Thanks for your kind words on my layout and card. I was going to scrap over the weekend but never got anything done. I did clean up in there a little. Wanted to scrap tonight but I felt so sleepy I worked on a jigsaw puzzle I have going instead.

I want t thank everyone for the kind words on my projects. I do appreciate them.

Happy Valentine's Day to all of you and I will be back later!

t-towngirl
Mayor
t-towngirl
In response to cablair

I was a Joanns right before Christmas, and this lady was on the same isles I was at, I finally asked if she was a scrapper, she said yes. We started talking and she said she was a member of the site, we exchanged phone numbers and hope to meet soon. She lives in AZ but comes to the desert about four times a year for business.

Donna, how fun that you were able to meet some of the ladies on the site. Where exactly are you? In the winter time I come to the Palm Springs area.

tinacloer
Expert
tinacloer

Happy Valentine's Day! I hope that you all feel loved this morning. I agree with those of you talking about the weather, it's been bouncing around like crazy here in Indiana. I have been glad that our winter was very mild though, we had almost no snow, which was good with me.

I'm being a slacker and am putting off getting ready for work, so I decided to post LO's instead. So here are a couple of them.

You bring me joy By Tinacloer

Our new tree By Tinacloer

I hope that you all have a really good day!

Tina

cablair
Resident
cablair
In response to tinacloer

Happy Valentines day! Tina your Levi layout made featured layout of the day in the daily email! Congrats! It is a great page!

Edited by cablair on 02-14-17 06:29 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

t-towngirl
Mayor
t-towngirl
In response to cablair

Happy Valentine's Day ladies!!

tinacloer
Expert
tinacloer

Cindy,

I had no idea! That's super sweet that they chose Levi's page as a featured LO. Made my day. Thanks for letting me know, I obviously should check my email occasionally. 😊

I hope you all are having a nice Valentines Day. We made a nice dinner and I bought yummy cupcakes, it was a nice evening.

Nylene motherbambi
Mayor
Nylene motherbambi
In response to tinacloer

Boy, you miss a couple of days of coming to this thread and it really takes off! I think that's great.

Welcome Donna and Blanca. I agree that you will feel at home here. Just jump in and be sure to post your projects on this thread so we can see your work.

It is taking me longer to make the boxes than I thought. I'm taking another 20 in tomorrow. I'll work on them over the weekend. I was going to take a photo of them all stacked up, but my camera battery must be bad. It won't hold a charge, so I'll replace the battery tomorrow. Then I can take a photo of the
next batch I make.

Toni, I made them on the envelope punch board. I'll hunt up the directions and post for you. I think I paid $15 for that board and I have used it 100 times, at least. It was a great investment.

Time for my bedtime. I'll check back later.
Happy Valentine's Day to each of you!

toni-n-tn
Diva
toni-n-tn

Hey girls,

Happy Valentine's Day!

It's been a lovely day here. Had a half day of work at school because of a doctor's appointment, and ran many errands, and even got to spend a little time with Kaitlyn! She is so stinkin' cute, it makes my heart swell I had gotten her a couple of little things for V-Day and one of them was one of those squishy things that light up when you squeeze it or plop it on the ground...omygosh, she was such a hoot with it. At first she shied away from it not knowing what it was and then slowly with a touch of a finger, then the touch of her toe, she got closer and closer to it. She's a hoot, keeps us in stitches all the time.

Donna, a few of us from 2P's when we were a group had met. At first I met Theresa and Tina (at a CKU). What a blast that was. Loved every minute of it. Then a few years later a bunch of us met up at Mall of America for Scrapfest. I drove up to Theresa's, and she, her friend Diane, and I drove up, and we met a bunch of us there: Nylene, Tina, Tammy, Wanda, Linda, Valerie, and a couple of more girls - so much fun! it's a shame that Archivers closed and they don't do that anymore...sigh.

Anyway, was going to scrap tonight, but alas, too tired.
I did clean up my "space" a little bit. And although I really
shouldn't be shopping, Joann's has had a huge clearance sale on scrapbooking stuff as they're redoing their scrapbooking (thank goodness), so I have to admit that I've dipped into my wallet a little bit when I really shouldn't have with all the stuff I already have, but, alas,
who could resist such a great bargain!?!

Congrats, Tina, on having one of your awesome pages the focus of an e-mail! Such a delightful page!

Anyway, I'll be back...soon. Still working a lot, so it may be
another week or so before I'm back.

Welcome Bianca (glad to know your name, too

Happy Days,
toni

oldwesternpea
Tenant
oldwesternpea
In response to toni-n-tn

Hello all
I'm still here. Been sick with strep and trying to get things done. I didn't realize how long it has been since I posted. Hello to the new ladies. Nice to meet you. I'm Melanie and I live in South Dakota. No kids here. My husband and I own an Antique Mall that is open seasonally. This will be our last year and then semi-retirement. I'm looking forward to the change even though it is a little scary to think about at times. Happy Valentines Day. I'll be back.

bonprof
Queen
bonprof

Hello everyone,
Thank you for the warm welcome.

Toni, I enjoyed hearing about you meeting some of your scrap pals!
It really is a great experience.

I'm good. Going to scrap in a fee minutes.

Everyone have a wonderful evening.

Armymom16
Expert
Armymom16
In response to bonprof

Dang, I had a few moments and was going to catch up... WRONG! Will do before I go to bed tonight. That's what I get for slackin'....

I just realized that 1-week from today my SIT will be graduating (aka Soldier in Training, aka again Youngest Son). I am so stinking PROUD! You ladies will probably get tired of hearing me. Had a scare today though... someone started a rumor somehow about a "active shooter" on the base on FB and My Oh, My! Talk about panic ridden. It THANK LORD!!! was a FALSE ALARM~ I know it's part of the world we live in and even worse part of the job he faces. However, this mama don't handle well.

Hope all is doing well. Gotta run and get home and feed all the animals before dark. TTYL

Robin

Nylene motherbambi
Mayor
Nylene motherbambi
In response to Armymom16

Robin, I'm glad to know that the rumor wasn't true. Congrats to your SIT next week as he graduates!

Melanie, I didn't know you guys planned to retire--or semi-retire. I'll bet you will miss it some days. How is your 100th Anniversary projects going? When is the actual day?

Tina and Cindy, it's so fun to see your layouts show up on the email. I feel like I know "scrap celebrities". I am one of your biggest fans.

Toni, i hope you got some good deals on JoAnn's sale. Sometimes you have to buy when the sales are on and you get to see the bargains first. I hope they aren't wearing you out.
Here is the video where I learned to make the boxes. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifg4yI0d6to
If you have the WeR envelope punch board they are quite easy.
The video is really good and shows every step.

This is my latest layout. The bright red glitter paper didn't show up in the scan, but it's bright and pretty. This is our youngest DGS, Topher.
You Make My Heart Smile By Nylene Motherbambi

t-towngirl
Mayor
t-towngirl

Hi ladies, had to run some errands in the rain today. Not fun. We are supposed to get rain through Sunday.

Robin, I am glad it was not true about the shooting, you are right, we live in a crazy world.
Congratulations to your son!! You have a right to be proud.

Having dinner with the girls tonight, waiting on them.
These are friends from work, we are all retired, except for one. We try to get together at least once a month. I really enjoy my time with them.

Talk to you guys later!

Page 1 of 18 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics