Page 16 of 18 
Username Post: CHATTY SCRAPPERS        (Topic#1664413)
Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean
In response to t-towngirl

Its very sunny here but there is a chill in the air. When I walk outside I need a hoodie - or today when I go out, I'm putting on my fleece bathrobe over my clothes - its perfect.

Cleaned the guest house today - has a small refrigerator in the middle of the floor. Bill brought home the big Walgreens cooker (no freezer, but don't need it) and its in the guest house - slipped it in the walk-in closet. Bigger than I thought it would be though.

The old one needs to find a home ASAP and until then, its in the guest room floor next to the bed. One of BIll's friends from Hungary is here today - they are across town at the plate shed. Hope Nandor buys a lot.

Then we will all go out to eat, then Bill will take me to my crop.

Right now, I need to go stuff my deviled eggs. Filling is all chopped and ready to put together, onion chopped, eggs sliced. I didn't want to mix it up until I went into my window because I have to taste it.

Will take 10 minutes to mix and fill.

t-towngirl
Mayor
t-towngirl
In response to Henri Jean

I have never made deviled eggs, but I like them. Have fun at the crop! I have not even housepartied with the ladies in a long time. I miss it.

At the dr’s office waiting to get a blood pressure check.

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

Hope your blood pressure is good!

Crop was fun.

Theresa TSC
Expert
Theresa TSC

Thankfully the Winter Storm missed us this time!!!! Sorry for the peeps that it did hit. Hope everyone kept power. A friend from NC said they had 5 inches of snow this afternoon.

t-towngirl
Mayor
t-towngirl
In response to Theresa TSC

Good mirning! I just saw the news and those poor people in NC, they have so much snow.

In contrast, we got to Palm Springs and was 74 degrees. Yay!!!

Will try and set out a few decorations today. I need to get in the spirit if Christmas.

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

Today it decided to be winter here. With a vengeance (for Florida). So cold outside, I checked the mail, it wasn't here and I'm not walking out to the mailbox again.

We are going out to dinner at 4:00 with friends and if it weren't for the bbq, I'd stay in and hibernate!

t-towngirl
Mayor
t-towngirl

It has been nice today, the sun has not come out but is not cold.

I just got a message from Linda and she wanted me to let you guys know that after some tests, she ended up having unexpected surgery and she got home on Saturday. She also said that she has lost a lot of weight and is on a soft diet. No appetite, but is drinking a lot of fluids.

I have have been putting out a couple of decorations just so I can get in the spirit.

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

Thanks for the update on Linda! I hope this is good news since she is home. Please let us know anything you hear.

Theresa TSC
Expert
Theresa TSC

Thanks for the update on Linda. I was thinking about her this morning. Tried to find a place on that hospital site to send ecards but couldn't find one, guess it's just as well since she's not there. I also tried to text her, no texts on that number. Didn't want to call and bother her in case she was resting. Did send an email and posted on her page. Should have come here first, would have gotten my answer, LOL.

It was 17 here when I got up but it's going up to 46 this afternoon. I sure have trouble layering! Started out yesterday really cold, by the time I came in I had sweat rolling down my back because I wore an itchy (but oh so cute sweater) and had to wear long sleeves under it. By lunch I was wishing I'd worn something else. Was going in and out without a coat even though it said it was 45 on the thermometer. I'll probably freeze today, LOL

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

If it is going to be cold, I wish it would just be cold and if it is going to be hot - I just wish it would be hot.

I hate it when the weather goes up and down and you have to layer, then put layers back on, then take some off again.

I remember one 4th of July in California that was so pretty all day and then at night we were freezing. Had to wear a heavy coat. Wish mother nature would make up her mind sometimes.

The only exception is on stifling hot days - it does feel better when it cools down some to be comfortable. But not if it goes from hot to coat weather and you need a coat..

t-towngirl
Mayor
t-towngirl

Good morning! Theresa, if you sent her a text, she pfoblably got it, be a use she said she had a lot and her granddaughter was helping her answer some of the. She might answer later.

Sent her a pm or email just to let her know you are thinking about her.

Everyone is still asleep and I am enjoying some quiet time.

Theresa TSC
Expert
Theresa TSC

no, she didn't get it because the number that I got off her photo is where I sent the text to and it said it was an invalid number

t-towngirl
Mayor
t-towngirl

Oh! This is the number I have. 603-752-1702.

Theresa TSC
Expert
Theresa TSC

Yep, that's the one I have too. She did comment on one of my FB posts this morning so she's still kicking!

t-towngirl
Mayor
t-towngirl

Lol! Well, that is good news!

Theresa TSC
Expert
Theresa TSC

Per Linda on a FB post of mine:

"Hanging in there, resting comfortably, still sleep a lot. The Pain not bad hugs, thanks for asking Linda"

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

Thanks Theresa - this sounds good. Glad she is home and comfortable. Hopefully she be right back typing away before long.

t-towngirl
Mayor
t-towngirl

Thanks Theresa! Hope she starts feeling better soon.

don1
don1 
Pro
don1
  • don1 on 12-14-18 10:46 PM

Linda, glad the pain is gone. All that's left is to do as the Dr. said and keep a positive attitude.
I had the laser treatment for my kidney stones today. The pain is mostly bearable (when I don't have to go) and I have a good attitude. Of course the first thing I did when we got home was to bring the trash cans half way in from the street when I really felt I shouldn't do this. I have always had a problem with release notes.

scrapperb2
Queen
scrapperb2
In response to don1

Hello my friends,
Just a note, I am resting and doing exactly what the dr. said. I didn't expect such invasive surgery but better than anticipation. I hate the pain meds but only a couple more days.

The confusion, my email address is: [email protected]

My home phone number is 603-752-1702, although better to email me. Hugs to all stop by later. Linda

Edited by scrapperb2 on 12-15-18 03:32 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean
In response to scrapperb2

Don and Linda - so good to turn on my computer and see both of you this morning! Makes me smile.

Linda, glad you are following doctor's orders. Don - you are a man so I really don't expect you to. I follow doctor's orders. My husband doesn't. It's a gender thing I think.

Both of you take care of yourselves!

t-towngirl
Mayor
t-towngirl

Linda and Don so happy to see you both. Please listen to the dr. and follow their orders.

Yes, I agree with Henri, it’s a men thing to feel “macho”. Don, I am going to tell you like I tell my husband when he does not want to listen. “Your body, your pain” so you better listen! Lol.

Well, like I said, I am happy to see you, and check in when you can. Praying fir a fast recovery.

Theresa TSC
Expert
Theresa TSC

Don and Linda, praying for an easy recovery for both of you.

Kate sent me a text earlier this week saying that the gift (a Doug and Melissa princess magnet dress up set) Julianne asked me to get her that I found in November but then Kate told me not to get because Santa was going to bring it wasn't going to be brought by Santa after all so I could now get it. I'd already bought everything for the girls but was worried that since it was the only thing she asked me for she'd be disappointed so I've been hunting all week. We went to three cities today (left this morning finally home at 7) but we finally found it, actually found a four princess set instead of the two princess set I originally found, whoo hoo!!!! Of course that meant I had to find another present for Savannah. Found the sweetest baby doll set for the same price. Hate that we spent the whole day doing it but at least she won't be disappointed if she really wanted it.

t-towngirl
Mayor
t-towngirl

Oh Theresa, I know exactly what you went through. I did the same thing a couple of years ago trying to find a doll one of the grandk daughters wanted. Glad you found it!

Can you guys believe the only thing I have bought is A. Pumps of puzzles I am giving my grands kuds fir Christmas. It’s pictures of them when we were in Hawaii a about ten years ago. I made the into puzzles to tell them we are going to Hawaii in June, God willing. Other than that, I have not bought a thing.

tinacloer
Expert
tinacloer

Good morning Scrappy Friends!!!

I hope that everyone is having a relaxing weekend! Things here are buzzing along as I work on getting Christmas together for our family and for the kiddos who will spend Christmas at one of my shelters. Yesterday Mallory (my dd) and I went to the Courage Center, which is our shelter for our older kids and did their Christmas lists with them. It is always touching to sit down with the kids and talk about what they want. We had one who put on her list that she wanted to be adopted and another who wants to see her sister. They are all kiddos who have been removed for neglect and abuse. Every year we have kids there that will have their first Christmas that someone gives them gifts (even though they are in middle or high school). This is a sweet time of year there, they are so grateful for everything that they get. I'll be working with a few volunteers to get their Christmas bought, so there will be lots of elf-work this week.

Olivia, my oldest dd, turns 25 tomorrow. I swear that I don't know where that many years has gone. I also can't figure out how I have a daughter that age...since I'm only like 39 or so myself....LOL.

How are you all coming on getting ready for Christmas? I've had a lot of fun decorating our new house this year. I bought all new decorations that suit this house. I pretty much have black & white buffalo check stuff everywhere. I put 6 trees up on the main floor of the house (although 3 of them are 5 ft tall or less). My hubby kept complaining about all of the "stuff", but it turned out pretty and isn't too much.

I guess I should get myself together, I am headed to the gym to torture myself in a few minutes. Have a happy day!

Tina

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean
In response to tinacloer

Tina - this sounds a lot like the Santa Clara Country Children's shelter in California. I used to be so involved with it when I was a lot younger and we lived there.

I was a bored housewife, really nothing much to do and my husband was a morning drive disc jockey on the west coast - when disc jockeys were known as air personalities and were household names.

Anyway, I got a couple other wives together and we picked a charity to help and picked the Santa Clara Children's Shelter.

Then I approached the radio station - which was the most popular station in town and told them I wanted to have a toy drive for the Children's shelter. They told me they had to do public service to keep their license so were glad to have the project come to them.

They announced day and night that the radio station was collecting toys for the children's shelter - which were neglected and abused kids of all ages. They put up a huge tree in the radio station lobby where people could bring unwrapped gifts or they could drop them at drop off points - new toys only in packaging. The other wives dropped out real quickly so I was running around from one drop off point to another picking up these things by myself. There were hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of really nice things donated.

When the disc jockeys did public appearances they also told people to bring a new toy. We collected enough toys for every child to have something at the Christmas party and 5 or 6 new things each on Christmas mornings as well as stocking the toy warehouse for toys for them in their Easter baskets and for birthdays and so new kids coming in could have a few toys that were their own. They got things for good behavior and we stocked the warehouse for the entire year.

Then I planned a huge Christmas party for them. All the disc jockeys from the radio station went with me and the kids loved that - they listened to them all the time on the radio station and they got to meet all of them and hang out with them for the party.

Princess Pale Moon always went with me and sang for the kids - she's a real Ojibwa Indian and a Cherokee princess and the kids loved her - she was awesome. Leo Nomelinni was with the San Francisco 49ers and went with me. Took a few other entertainers and sports figures and people the kids, especially entertainers the kids could relate too.

I took a huge Cake and I worked with McDonalds to get hamburgers and fries and things delivered for the kids with Ronald McDonald. They were great about donating.

The workers found out what each kid wanted in advance and I let me know what toys on the kids wish lists I had brought in and what they needed so each kid could get a toy at the party that they wanted. There were always some things that weren't donated so I went to the toy stores and explained what I was doing to see if they could help and the rest of the toys on the list came from the toy stores. Then one of the record stores filled the record and tape requests on my list.

I had a great Santa that went with me - and the shelter gave us the wrapped toys with the kids names on them so they each got what they want at the party from Santa. They were all so excited when Santa pulled each toy out of his bag and read the name on the package. Then they opened them and it was exactly what they asked for!

Then the shelter would fill the requests for Christmas morning out of the stockroom we had filled so each child got several toys on Christmas morning.

I did this for at least 5 years. The second year I did it I was expecting a baby the following month and for one other year I was pregnant - weeks away from Joe being born.

I really remember some of the kids talking to Princess Pale Moon and really opening up with her about what they were feeling. She was so good with them. She was such a beautiful Indian Princess - the pre-teen girls just loved her! She went in full Indian clothing and looked like a Princess.

But what really sticks in my mind was seeing a teenage girl about 16 talking to Leo Nomellini from the 49ers. She was a football fan and had his super bowl ring with both of her thumbs in it and it was still too big for her. She was in a corner talking to him and he had tears running down his face.

The workers said the psychologists and people at the shelter had been trying to get her to talk since she got there and she wouldn't talk to anyone and was just spilling her heart out to Leo. He was such a big ole' teddy bear. This teenager had been sexually abused by her mother's boyfriend and wouldn't talk about it, but with Leo, she just opened up.

They kids really opened up and talked to the disc jockeys too - they listened to them on the radio and really related to the jocks. Back at the station some of the guys told me what the kids talked to them about and it was horrifying what these kids could go through. The shelter always laughed and said they needed to hire the disc jockeys and fire the psychologists. The kids really talked to the disc jockeys and tell them things they wouldn't tell the psychologists. I guess because they were comfortable with the guys from hearing them on the radio so much.

The second year I did it we collected monetary donations too. The shelter got every dime of it and in addition to toys and things for the entire year, they had enough money to put in an in-ground pool for the kids to enjoy and one year, every child got a new bicycle in addition to the smaller gifts.

One year they asked me if I would do juvenile hall too which I agreed. However, I had trouble getting people to donate things for the kids that age, McDonalds pulled support and didn't want to be affiliated with juvenile hall so I lost them that year. The entertainers and athletes still went, but with the excitement of the party, 4 kids escaped and one got shot and killed holding up a gas station a few days later. I decided no more juvenile hall after that, but they still needed something too.

Then a church youth pastor called me and asked if his youth group could take over juvenile hall - they really wanted to try to help those kids and there weren't as many as the children's shelter so I gladly gave up the juvenile shelter. When 4 escaped that night and one killed, I didn't want to do Juvenile hall anymore.

I continued a few more years with the radio station promoting the toy drive, then picking them up and delivering and planning the party with entertainers and Leo Nomelinni always went with us and I got Ronald McDonald and McDonald's sponsorship back. The county put me on budget and put and extra phone and line in my house.

Then Tommy and I divorced and I moved to Alabama to be near my family. From what I heard a couple years later when I checked, no one else stepped up to bat and all the kids were getting for Christmas every year was a transistor radio that someone donated - no more big party, just a little cake/punch event thrown by the country with no entertainers or athletes. So disappointed that no one kept it up.

My mother keeps telling me to get involved in a charity again and do something but I never did again after that. I really loved that one but everything lined up just right for that one and it was a big help to have the radio station behind me. Without that, I wouldn't have been able to do very much without their help. It was just the right time and place for me to do that. Plus, I enjoyed it so much, I didn't feel like it was work, although it pretty-much tuned into a year-round full time job for me.

Theresa TSC
Expert
Theresa TSC

Tina those kids are lucky to have you. Happy birthday to Olivia! I'm sure you'll eventually scrap your decorations, look forward to seeing them.

Randy started coughing week before last and I was able to save him from the man flu but the cough continues. May have already told you but Wednesday I went into a client's house and she was smoking and I started coughing. It's killing me today! Sore all over from coughing. spitting up clear stuff by the gallons. Did go to church, no fever, no color in the sputum so it's just drainage. Put a cough drop in my mouth after I tried to suppress a cough and swallowed it! Went into the bathroom at church and thought I was going to choke to death--told Randy it was my payback for making fun of him getting stuck on the floor at church a few weeks ago. Had a Sunday School party to go to after the service but we didn't stay long. Two hour nap and I'm still dragging. Trying to get the house in order but I just get coughing and stop and sit down. I really need to see my clients tomorrow so say a prayer I'm better by morning. The next two Mondays I won't be working.

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

I'm sorry about your cough Theresa. That is the worst. What a scary feeling when you felt like you were choking.

I fuss at Bill for putting cough drops in his mouth when he's in bed trying to go to sleep. We were never allowed to go to bed with anything in our mouth - too easy to choke.

Bill jumped up one night, fell asleep and cough drop tried to slide down his throat. He coughed for a while and coughed the cough drop up, but he still goes to bed with a cough drop in his mouth. Wish he wouldn't.

t-towngirl
Mayor
t-towngirl

Tina, so glad you popped in. I bet your house looks very festive. I can’t believe you put six trees up. That is lot of decorations. Because of my house being under construction, this is the second year that I just put a small Christmas tree and a couple of a lanterns on the tables.

Theresa, Rosie, my sil, has been sick for about three weeks, she keeps coughing, and her lungs hurt, but does not want to go at the doctor. Hope you fill better soon!

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

Tina - I don't even seem to get one tree up anymore. Usually I deck the halls from floor to ceiling but not tree - just don't have room to put one. I have too much furniture, although I could definitely part with a lot of furniture - completely unnecessary, just had it forever and like having it - but could definitely do away with some of it and still have plenty of furniture.

My house would definitely look better with some of the furniture gone! If I had the space, I would probably do a tree again, although I no longer own anything to put on it.

But I do have things to sit everywhere and I do like that.

I have an extra dining room table for six that I love - and have had since the 80's - in my living room. No chairs with it. I could let that go.

Your house sounds absolutely beautiful! Would love to see pictures of it all decked for Christmas.

don1
don1 
Pro
don1
  • don1 on 12-17-18 11:00 AM

We did not decorate this year. Just too much work, and neither of us were up to it.
I think I should have a suite at the VA Hospital. I have had 25 visits in the past 2½ months, and I'll have 6 weekly chemotherapy visits starting sometime in January.
I am hoping we don't have to go anywhere for Christmas dinner.
Went to my primary Dr. this morning, she is happy with my numbers and took me off glipiside.

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean
In response to don1

Its good that you were taking off your glipizide - that sounds encouraging. And the fact that they are letting you wait until January to start chemo - that sounds like good news too.

25 visits in 2 1/2 months? I can't even imagine that but hopefully you will hardly have any visits next year after your chemo - except for the regular checkups.

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

Good Morning! Beautiful day in Florida - from looking out the window. However, expect it is a lot colder than it looks.

Lunch out today with my husband and another couple.

This is the Christmas present I gave Bill for Christmas yesterday. I was so excited with I couldn't wait. I got a pair of black Tahitian pearls - the multi-color like I wanted like I wanted while we were in Tahiti last month and that probably covers the next 5 or 10 Christmases and birthdays for me. So... that means there won't be anything for me to open Christmas morning.

We gave our youngest son a really nice Mac desktop computer with all the bells and whistle to go with his Mac book laptop and big ipad which he needed - he's in art college. Not really anything are opening Christmas morning - we are getting up and getting in the car and driving to my mother's house.

Bill's Christmas present By Henri Jean

This heart is 16" x 16" - it to go on our cabin door (cruise ship cabin doors are metal) when we cruise to identify which cabin we are in. Lots of people decorate their cabin doors so friends can find them. Also, since all the doors look alike down the hall - it helps us spot ours easily because we have tried to put our card key in the wrong door before.

Bill usually tapes something on our door so we can spot it easily, and other's can too, but this will be nice and will be used for every cruise.

My son and I picked it up yesterday and I went to distract Bill and keep him in the office while Joe put it on the refrigerator door - then I was going to ask Bill to get me a drink of water.

That didn't work - people used to put magnets on refrigerator doors so I figured this big magnet would stick. They don't stick to stainless steel refrigerators.

I have a 4' safe in our bathroom (our bathroom is 18 1/2' by 18 1'2' and has Bill's dresser and chest of drawers in it as well as an extra night stand that goes with that set for more of his clothes. The bedroom has the furniture where my clothes are and we both use the bathroom as a dressing room.

Anyway, my jewelry safe is 4' tall (mostly holds our birth certificates and other things worthless to anyone else, just don't want them to burn if the house catches fire.)

I knew the safe was metal and so I stuck it on the front right above the combination keypad.

Whenever I leave the house, I put my laptop in my safe - the laptop is very replaceable but the scrapbook pages I've been working on are not.

I went in the office with Joe and asked Bill, "Would you mind getting my computer out of the safe for me? My knee is killing me and I don't want to stand up, I just want to let my knee rest for a minute."

He immediately went in the bathroom. Joe and I waited a minute and then followed and peeped around the corner.

He sat on the edge of the bathtub surround which is flat, and where I always sit to get my jewelry. Looking straight at his eye level was huge magnet. He never saw it! Never noticed it. Looking straight ahead from sitting there, if he leaned forward a few inches, his nose would have hit the center of it.

He just started opening the safe. I told Joe - I think he missed it - I don't think he sees it at all. He heard us and looked and said, "Is there anything else you need out of the safe while I have it open?"

I said, "You didn't say a word." He said, "About what?" I told him - get the computer out and close the door back and look at it.."

He did and he literally jumped - he said, "Where did that come from? I didn't see it before."

I tease him all the time about being the least observant person I know. I could have the entire house painted inside and buy all new furniture and he wouldn't notice. He doesn't notice anything and this time he proved it! (Once again!)

I asked him, "How were you ever a cop in your younger days? You are the most unobservant person I know. I don't know how you made it on the force."

He just laughed and agreed with me - then told me, "I know you and Joe will never quit teasing me about this. Good thing it wasn't a snake."

I told him - if it had been a snake, you would have been long gone by now."

t-towngirl
Mayor
t-towngirl

Don, so nice to see you! Sounds like things are getting better for you. Good thing, you don’t have to start your chemo u til after the holidays. Sending hugs your way!

Henri, the sign come out so nice! And yes, that is exactly what Art would do. He never pays attention to his surroundings, I have to watch him as if he were a kid. Maybe is just the mother in me

I was on a mission to get my Christmas shopping done in one day and I did. Spent all day shopping yesterday. I wrapped everything today. I am ready for Christmas.

Theresa TSC
Expert
Theresa TSC

Well I woke up to a sweat covered bed so was hoping I would be snot free but alas I was disappointed. Lungs do feel better today (although my muscles around my ribs are really sore from coughing) but the stuff has decided to settle in all the empty space in my head so I went to urgent care tonight after work. Steroid shot, steroid dose pack, antibiotics and oral asthma meds ordered. Should feel much better by the time the grands get here on Friday!

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

Glad you got medical help! That sounds like you had a nasty something but this should get it under control. Sleep well tonight and feel better.

t-towngirl
Mayor
t-towngirl

Oh Theresa, I can’t believe you went to work so sick. Glad you went to the dr and got medication. I hope you start feeling better before the kids arrive. You are going to be feeling tired and week.

I am feeling overwhelmed, with this unfinished construction. Seems like I have been doing nothing but cleaning and babysitting. Now the kids want me to take them to the mall in Friday. I wanted to spend Thursday and Friday getting the rest of the house in order, and getting all my grocery shopping for Christmas done.

I swear, the world does not revolve with out me.

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

Theresa - are you feeling better today? Hopefully the meds have kicked in and you are much better!

Blanca - I don't know how you do it. I am going to start calling you Wonder Woman.

t-towngirl
Mayor
t-towngirl

Lol! Henri, Sometimes i wonder how I do it. I really don’t understand when people say they are board, there are so many things that one can do.

With me is not so much that I am always going, it is that I literally don’t have time alone or time for myself. Even as I am typing this, Art is talking to me. Remember when we had little kids, and they always demanded attention? That is how I feel. I would love half a day to my self! I have not scrapped one lo in over a month.

Well, better get off, need to get ready, Rosie and I are going to go get a haircut and run errands afterwards.

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

Bill and I both have our computer in the little bedroom-turned office, but if it gets warmer he will work outside. He runs around town a lot to stores and on errands.

His brother picked up 10,000 license plates last week and is in Tennessee picking up 5,000 more so there will be license plate work for him to do at the plate shed across town in a few days. That will keep him busy and give me time by myself.

t-towngirl
Mayor
t-towngirl

You are lucky. I probably sound like a bad wife, but I am not. I think is healthy to have some time to yourself.

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

When I have time by myself, I do exactly the same thing I would be doing if Bill were home. Makes no difference at all if Bill is here or not, I still do the same thing.

I prefer him here because if I need to talk to him or ask him something, he's at his desk.

Sometimes we go for weeks at a time without 5 minutes apart but I still have the same routine and do the same things so it doesn't matter to me. I prefer him here.

I do not like him going anywhere in the evening - not even to his brother's house. I'm not used to being by myself after dark and always put my pistol on my desk to work on my scrapbooks at night.

I can't remember the last time we were separated after dark except for the scrapbook crops I go to and I usually go home around 9:30. I go 4 or 5 times a year, never over night.

In 11 years, we have never been separated overnight and I don't think either one of us would sleep for a minute.

We go to all doctor appointments - no matter what kind and stay in the room with each other. Tomorrow I will have my eyes dilated and he will be in the room with me. The only thing he can't hold my hand through is mammograms. I wish her were, could be there through those.

I think every wife and every couple is different in their needs. What is good for one couple is not the right answer for another couple. For us, we don't like to be separated at all but that works for us and seems to be perfectly healthy for us.

If one of us is in the hospital, the other sleeps in their hospital bed with them at night. When Bill was in for pancreatitis, they let me sleep in his bed every night. Except one night a different nurse wouldn't let me. I went to the waiting room and tired to sleep - didn't sleep a wink.

The nurse told me that he didn't sleep well without me and was so restless the pain kicked up and they were having to give him heavier pain meds. It was obvious that I kept him calm and relaxed when I was sleeping in the be cuddled up with him. That said for some patients, they get better much faster and easier if the other person doesn't leave them so they let me sleep in his little hospital bed with him again after that.

Just the way we are.

Theresa TSC
Expert
Theresa TSC

Henri, nice job on the sign will look great on your cabin door.

I'm with people all day I want solitude at times! Only time I seem to get it is when I'm cleaning!

Steroid shot has started to work, not coughing nearly as much and it sounds better when I do. Still snotty if I bend my head. My voice sounds better too. Had three clients cancel today so just had three to see, that helped. Have a full day tomorrow though so it'll be interesting because talking makes me cough and it's hard to do health education without talking. Started the antibiotics today and hoping that whatever has decided to start growing in my sinuses will get killed quickly. Since the steroid shot was so late sleep was not my friend last night, should sleep better tonight with the coughing less.

don1
don1 
Pro
don1
  • don1 on 12-19-18 10:06 PM

When I cough, I cough up flem. My Dr. said it is probably either a mild acid reflex or post nasal drip. She is sending me some Flonase and a saline rinse, should be here tomorrow, I'll have to see if that works. It's more an embarrassment than a problem to me.

Theresa TSC
Expert
Theresa TSC
In response to don1

Don, I totally agree, it's very embarrassing! When I bend over, it's awful too. Have been trying to sit up as straight as possible, which really would be beneficial to my spine so at least that is a benefit. Just really hard to type on my tablet turned laptop without looking down. Phlegm runs down my throat and the coughing begins. Blow and blow my nose, sounds like I'm getting up gallons but just a little bit comes out. Of course, if I bend over to look at a patient's foot or something it runs out freely! Flonase is great! Just use it as directed. The saline you can use more often. If your phlegm is clear, it's drainage. If it's got any yellow or worse green it it, it's infection. If it's thick white, its a sign of COPD or CHF.

t-towngirl
Mayor
t-towngirl

Theresa, you are so informative. I keep telling my sil to go get check but she won’t go.

I hope both you and Don start feeling better soon. You need to be ready for your kiddos. And Don wants to enjoy a quiet Christmas.

I need to get this house ready for three little ones. My son is bringing his girlfriend and her little girl. It will be fun to have little ones around fir Christmas.

Theresa TSC
Expert
Theresa TSC

Greetings all! I've had the family here since Friday and I'm exhausted but oh so blessed. We had an awesome time. Kids loved all the presents and were really sad to leave which is good. Benjamin said Nana several times although I'm not sure he started saying it because he knew it was my name but he said it this afternoon when I walked in the room and had the biggest grin so I'm counting it! The girls loved their presents and we had fun all weekend. They couldn't get everything home (had to leave their pack n play and the sit and spin toy) so the first weekend in January that Randy finds out he's off we've been invited to head up. The girls were sad to leave but happy when they found that out. The girls were allowed to buy our presents this year. The girls wanted to get me pieces for my fairy garden and Jeremy took them to the gluten free bakery and picked out goodies for me to eat. They insisted Randy had to have a Spiderman comic book (they found one he didn't have too) and got him a bobble head that made them laugh. They also found the cutest coffee cups that say my greatest blesssings call me...(Nana or PopPop They were so excited! I'm seriously saying Christmas is as good as done. They went home today and it's so quiet. Randy's working tomorrow evening. I'm going to family here but my heart is full!

tinacloer
Expert
tinacloer

Good morning Scrappy Friends! Merry Christmas Eve!!!
I hope that you are all well and ready for the holidays!

Henri - It sounds like you did a ton of work for the children's shelter! They were lucky to have you. We have some great volunteers at Children's Bureau too. Our Women's Auxiliary has been helping us with caring for our kids for 90 years. Some of the ladies have been serving for 50 years, they raise funds and pay for camps for our kids, birthday parties and lots of stuff like that. We are really fortunate to have them.

I think that sign is a great gift idea for your hubby too. I bet he will love it!

Theresa - I hope you are feeling better! I'm glad that you got to have a good visit and Christmas with Jeremy and his family. It's sweet that Benjamin is starting to say your name.

I always decorate for Christmas, but this year I just got more motivated than usual. I need to get my good camera out to take some photos to scrap. I'm going to a retreat next month.

I have one more trip to make over to the shelter today and then they are all set for Christmas at both locations. We are headed over to Courage tomorrow morning to celebrate with them and then we will drive to my parents' house in Rockville, which is about and hour and a half away. We are doing Christmas with Ron's side of the family tonight. They decided to do breakfast for dinner and each family wearing matching Christmas pajamas, so I'm hoping it's a fun time. His family is not usually very nice to each other, but they all seem to be getting along right now, so that is good.

I wish each of you a wonderful Christmas!

Tina

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean
In response to tinacloer

Oh Theresa - you can't ask for a better Christmas than the one you just have. That is what holiday blessings are all about, and it sounds like you had them abundantly!

I did love the children's shelter volunteer work. I was in a unique position to raise a lot of toys and money because of my husband being the morning drive disc jockey for a top radio station on the west coast at the time - and the radio station announcing it constantly, - every few minutes the guys would say something on the air about the toy drive. They all took it as their personal mission to help on the air to let everyone know. Couldn't have done it without the radio station backing me up 100%.

You are very fortunate to have the group that you have to work and help the kids. It was a bad situation in California because I was it. When Tommy and I divorced and I moved to Alabama to be near my parents so they could help with the kids, there was no one there for the kids anymore.

Bill saw a Trikaroo which is like a handicapped scooter built for two and he got one for us. That is our Christmas present to each other. He saw it on Monday, the lady came out to our house - almost 2 hours from where she lives and demonstrated, we order and she brought it yesterday.

Looks like a pretty normal handicapped scooter, but has a second seat behind the first - think motorcycle with a seat on back so the person in back has support. Only it is much smaller. Weighs 185 pounds. It folds up the size of a large suitcase and is ADA certified so it goes on planes for no extra baggage charge and we can take it on cruise ships. Goes through standard doorways.

When folded, you tilt it back and it rolls like a dolly.

I think we are going to have a blast on it.

Oooh - a scrap retreat Tina. That sounds like fun! You will need lots of pictures to take! Maybe you will get some scrap goodies for Christmas if you asked for any.

I kept putting off decorating this year and it didn't get done. Last year I was over the top. Seems to be feast or famine on my decorating. Next year I will do it again.

Did do quite a bit of baking.

Today - Banana spice cookies, key lime pound cake with key lime cream cheese frosting (got fresh key limes) and Pumpkin chocolate chip oatmeal cookies with frosting and I'm done.

I may try to work in some fudge, Rice Krispie treats and/or bunco mix if I feel like it.

Got presents to wrap - was caught up but order 7 games for Roan for Christmas and they have been coming in, plus some miscellaneous things.

This morning Bill has to pick up the two honeybaked hams to take to my moms. There wlll be about 25 of us, maybe 30 between mom's house and each of my brother's houses for 4 or 5 days. Everyone will start coming in Christmas day. I take lots and lots of baked things.

We have family dinners or all go out to eat together every night. But for breakfast and lunch we all eat at whichever house we are staying. Bill, John (m oldest), our granddaughter (she's 7), Joe (my youngest) and Bill and I will stay at my mom's house.

We eat one of the honeybaked hams for sandwiches for all of us for lunch the 4 or 5 days we are there. Mom slices the other one up and put it in freezer bags for her to eat whenever she feels like ham for dinner - she can't get honeybaked hams out in the country where she lives.

My sister-in-law always has a lasagna dinner one night for all 25-30 of us which is so much fun and so good. My brother made tables and benches for the dining room which stays in a big shed all year, but he brings in and he made it custom fit to the dining room so everyone has a seat.

Then on another night my brother gets his smoker going and makes smokes sausage, pork ribs, beef ribs, chicken and sometimes venison - a big assortment of meat and his wife and her sister and her daughter-in-law make all the sides. Its a real feast!

We all go to a nice seafood dinner one night and mom always insists on treating everyone every year and gets very upset when anyone else pays. About 25 go to the seafood dinner (back country Alabama, not so expensive for fried seafood plates.) Does come to a couple hundred dollars. One year my husband went to the register and paid the Bill. Mom was not happy. Said this is her party and if he did it again he wouldn't be invited again.

Then on another night we all go to a fast food chicken place and pay our own tickets.

Busy day but not crazy. I don't have to leave the house.

Will probably even get some scrapping done tonight. Got 4 pages done last night, maybe more.

Merry Christmas - have a great day - and Theresa, sounds like you already had yours. Like you said, your heart is full so you will be smiling and thinking about your grandkids all day tomorrow. So happy for you.

Nylene motherbambi
Mayor
Nylene motherbambi

Just a quick note to wish each of you a very Merry Christmas.

I hope our "sick friends" are all feeling better and can enjoy Christmas. DH and I have been hacking and coughing, but we aren't really very sick.

We had 24 people in our little living room last night as the girls got together to enjoy each other and brought their families. It was sweet chaos. We finally sent some of the younger kids downstairs to play. We only have one bedroom finished down there, so I'm not sure what they were doing, the the older girls supervised. We are going to dinner tonight with the Calif. kids and then the whole gang is coming to have a Christmas Eve program. Sammie is in charge, so I have no idea of the program, but I trust her. She's 11 and is little Miss Organization!!!

Tomorrow everyone will come over for dinner/lunch. Not sure where we will put everyone when we add 7 more, but I couldn't be happier.

I think about each of you often. I just get so far behind in things that my computer takes a backseat along with my scrapping.
Christmas Hugs to each of you. Wish we could get together!

Nylene

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean
In response to Nylene motherbambi

Merry Christmas Nylene! It sounds like you are in family, child and grandchild heaven! This is the American dream to me, to spend the holidays with our families! You always have the best family get-togethers!

Sorry you are hacking and coughing but I'm glad you aren't feeling miserable to go with it1

I got the banana cookies made (had to use up some old bananas) so this was perfect. They have the brown sugar cream cheese frosting on them.

Next project - key lime pound cake with key lime cream cheese frosting.

Before bed still want to make bunco mix (a lot like Chex mix, only made with Crispex cereal and much sweeter), Rice Krispy Treats for the kids tomorrow and a batch of pumpkin chocolate chip oatmeal frosted cookies.

Had so much frosting left over brown sugar cream cheese frosting left over, will use it up on the pumpkin cookies and then make confectioner's sugar, vanilla and a little butter frosting for the rest of them.

t-towngirl
Mayor
t-towngirl

Hola my friends! Merry Christmas to everyone.

We had our Christmas celebration las night and had a wonderful time. Worked hard all week to get ready for it, so today I we have been relaxing.

Will start my Christmas breakfast in a couple of hours. I am going to make Pozole in the crock pot so it can be ready in the morning.

Have news to share: my son got engaged, could not be happier! Not sure if they want a big wedding or not. He has never been married, she is divorced. So I am hoping for at least a small wedding.

Theresa I am so glad to you had a wonderful time with the kids; hope you are feeling better.

Tina, do take pictures of your Christmas decorations and share with us.

Nyleene, I am sure your granddaughter planned a great Christmas presentation. We have heard about her organization skills.

A house full of kids running around is a happy, crazy house. I love when I have my grandkids are here.
M
Henri, the scooter looks like a fun thing to ride. Hope you guys get a lot of miles out of it.

Hugs to Linda and Don! Hope you guys are feeling better.

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

Merry Christmas1 Well, Merry Christmas in an hour and 40 minutes. We have already exchanged gifts but still, I get so excited.

Got my check-off list so I can throw our things in the suitcase. Partially packed.

The last things I pack are our clothes. I hate picking out clothes and jewelry to take.

I pick jewelry first - then clothes to go with it. Backwards, but works for me.

t-towngirl
Mayor
t-towngirl

Safe trip Henri, and Merry Christmas!

Theresa TSC
Expert
Theresa TSC

Merry Christmas!

Sounds like everyone is enjoying the holiday.

Had a busy day yesterday, went to my sisters, Randy's younger brother came here, went to Randy's sister Trish's for dinner then went to my brothers to spend time with his family. My niece is in from Italy (her husband is stationed there). His oldest daughter and her boyfriend (probably soon to be fiancee) came in (haven't seen her in almost a year) and found out my nephew is going to be a daddy again (they have two already) so that visit was quite eventful!

Skyped with the kids this morning to see all the stuff they got this morning. They were quite excited.

We opened our gifts here and found that Randy's sister Trish (and Greg and Jackson too of course) bought us tickets to see Hamilton in Louisville in June! Way too extravagant I think, but Randy said we're not giving them back, LOL. Individual tickets aren't on sale but they signed up last year to be theater members so they could get group tickets and bought them as soon as they were on sale. Doubt we would have been able to get them if they hadn't.

Today we're going to Owensboro with them to watch Mary Poppins. (We no longer have a local theater so we have to travel to go to the movies.)

Linda has been commenting on my FB posts and it appears she's holding her own.

Nylene, hope the cough doesn't stay with you as long as it has stayed here. I started on Flonase (generic of course) yesterday and it seems to be working well to finish kicking mine out of my head.

Henri, didn't know you were married to a DJ. Randy used to do that for a couple of local stations in the 80's. He has a great DJ voice. He went by Randy Scott (Jeremy's middle name) but still had people recognize him when he spoke when we were out in public. The scooter sounds fun too. Have fun on your trip.

Blanca, grandkids are the best!

Tina, remember to get some rest. I'm sure you're exhausted!

Don (and Linda if you're reading), hope you're feeling better.

Again Merry Christmas to all reading!

scrapperb2
Queen
scrapperb2

I hope everybody had a wonderful Christmas with some surprises. Yes I do read what everybody is doing but today I decided I could POP in and say hello

I am healing nicely, but still so very tired. The new medicine is working and will take another 10-14 days for my body to feel the full effect.

We spent a wonderful day at my Daughter's house for Christmas day along with her hubby, Cody and wife, Alexis, Maegen, my hubby and ME. This is the first day I went out and made me so happy. We went over at 7:30amI5:00pm. I was excited to watch everydody open gifts and see the excitement and enjoyment.

I did get a very big surprise, I love music, and wanted a CD player and a small AM/FM radio and was so happy when I opened my presents from Rene. He also gave me a bonus of a new tablet--YEAH. I was more than happy and appreciate the thoughtfulness of my husband to help make my resting with my favorite things. He did buy himself some gifts as I couldn't shop.

I am so fortunate to have a wonderful loving husband, 46, years, and Children who appreciate us along with grandchildren. Also Alexis gave me this big card the school made for me with pretty hats they drew, signatures, cute sayings because I gave Alexis and Maegen each a bag full of hats to donate to their school. God blessed me with joy for paying it forward. I am going to post it in my gallery

Take care everybody and I will try to jump in with conversations. Hugs to you all for thinking of me. Linda

Edited by scrapperb2 on 12-26-18 10:16 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Theresa TSC
Expert
Theresa TSC

Linda, I'm so happy the medication is working!!!!!

t-towngirl
Mayor
t-towngirl

Hello everyone!

Linda, so happy you had a great Christmas and especially that the medicine is working! Hope you are back to normal real soon.

Theresa, we are both lucky, Jesse, my son bought us tickets to go see Miss Saigon in the summer at the PantagesTheater in Hollywood. I have seen it, about 10 years ago and I loved it, so I wanted to see it again. I am so excited.

I think you are going to like Hamilton. I have not seen it yet, but my son has.

You guys know, or at least have an idea how crazy my life is, well I have to tell you guys how crazy my life really is: I was supposed to cook Christmas dinner, so my sil would not have to do it, and I bought everything for it but forgot to cook half of it. we were on the fwy, almost to my daughter’s house, when I realize I had forgotten got to my daughter’s house, dropped off the gifts and came back home to pick up the groceries and take them to Veronica’s home so I could cook over there, however, my son in law is a chef, so he would not let me cook anything. I feel bad that he ended up cooking the whole meal. How the heck does someone forget to cook the food!!!

So today, my life went back to “normal” whatever normal is for me.

Good night!

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

Sounds like everything had a wonderful Christmas and what fantastic news Linda! It really is nice to hear that you are healing and feeling better! This is awesome! The best news ever to wake up to!

We had a mishap - or I should say mom had a mishap.

We had a big family dinner at my brother's house for 25 or 30 people and when walking from the truck to the house, mom slipped and we spent the night in a good chunk of it in the emergency room - mom's art is broken in 2 places.

I am the worst nurse in the world - totally incompetent. Trying to help her but I'll be honest, Bill is a much better caretaker than I am. I'm one of these people who stands around no having any idea what to do.

She's icing it now - the nearest real hospital is 63 miles away so we have to go there this afternoon to see if it needs setting. The radius bone is broken in 2 places.

My brother is so mad - he keeps his yard - or 5 acres areas right around the house meticulously even and manicured and always safe for all the grands to run and play. Never a hole, divot or rut.

However, he had a new brick planter put in next to the house and the service trucks delivering the bricks made some ruts. He called the company and told them they needed to come repair the ruts before someone got hurt. Randy asked them 2 or 3 times and they kept saying we will be out to fix it (they promised before he hired them).

Then last night mom tripped on one of the ruts in the dark.

They should have filled it before they left!

Anyway, mom's is having a lot of difficulty dong anything and frustrated, but we are all doing what we can. Bill is really waiting on her - he understands first aid and other things about bones and all better so he's doing all the medical help stuff.

t-towngirl
Mayor
t-towngirl

Oh no Henri, I am so sorry! Hope she Made it to the hospital. Keep us posted.

scrapperb2
Queen
scrapperb2

Good morning,
Wow so much is going on with all of you, not so good this time of year.

Theresa, congrats on those tickets, you will love going to get away the crazy world we live in. What?? I do know life doesn't stop to give us a break and overloads us with to much. Forgetting your groceries was a pain, but at least you all got to celebrate. You know around your age I was burning the candle at both ends trying to keep up with life, but it got so far ahead of me, I lost the battle. I paid a dear price for not stepping back and I talk to my daughter about this same problem she has

Henri, so sorry to read about your Mom's accident of falling. I don't know her age but I do know falling is not good for any age. I am saddened she broke her arm I hope it is not the one she uses the most.

Today it is very cold and expecting some bad weather that is moving in. We are use to it so for us not a big problem. Tonight we are going to my daughter's house to have a pizza dinner party. Everybody loves pizza with garlic bread sticks with pizza sauce. I don't plan on eating much as I can't but they all put toppings on them I don't like. Fussy

Well I have to go as the cat wants her breakfast NOW, she wins. Emily is the only cat I know who won't drink her water unless I put ice-cubes in it. Odd at least I think so.

Theresa TSC
Expert
Theresa TSC

Henri, hate to hear about your Mom, two bones fractured--yikes. Hopefully it'll be an easy set and she can just wear a cast for a while. Could have been worse, could have been a hip!

Blanca, too funny about the groceries. Sounds like something I'd do. Hurray that someone else cooked though.

Linda, our granddogs like ice in their water but they only get it when they come to Nana's house, LOL. Years ago we had a dog and then a cat at one time that liked to drink out of the bathtub faucet. We had to leave it dripping (water company loved us!). After a while manufacturers came out with a bowl that you could put a two liter type bottle in to "run" fresh water. The cat was terrified of it. My sister in law has a water bowl now that she plugs in that has a little fountain in it for her cat and two dogs.

t-towngirl
Mayor
t-towngirl

Good morning! I have been up since 3:30 am thanks to my crazy husband waking me up to ask me if it was Friday He forgot to put the trash out, so he wanted to make sure it was the day to put it out

Hope none of you guys are being affected by the crazy weather. I have been watching the news.

Can you guys believe we have four days left on this year! They were not kidding when they said “the older you get, the faster it goes”

Linda, so nice to see you pop in. Have fun tonight.

tinacloer
Expert
tinacloer

Good morning ladies! So glad that you had nice Christmas's.

Bianca - too funny that you forgot to cook part of the food. At least it all worked out okay.

Theresa - I saw Hamilton in Chicago last Christmas. That was my gift to Olivia & Mallory. They absolutely loved it and I liked it. It's a really good musical.

The girls are headed to see Mary Poppins later today, they have always loved that movie. Ron and I are seeing Aquaman this weekend. We usually see all of the new superhero shows the weekend they come out, but with Christmas, that didn't happen, so my hubby has had to wait a minute for this one.

Nylene - I hope you had a wonderful time with your kids & grandkids. It sounds like Sammie was in her element with all of the organizing.

Linda - so glad you are feeling beter!

Henri Jean - I hope your Mom's arm heals up well, it stinks that they didn't fix up those ruts when they should have.

I am looking forward to a mellow day of reading and catching up on my shows. I don't have many of those days, so it's a luxury for me.

Have a happy one!

Tina

Nylene motherbambi
Mayor
Nylene motherbambi
In response to tinacloer

Hello, everyone!
Linda, I am so happy that you are healing and doing better. Lots of prayers have been offered in your behalf.
Sounds like you had a nice Christmas and your sweet husband knew just what you needed. Hang in there, dear.

Tina, it's really fun to see your profile pop up! It sounds like you have some fun plans ahead. I still think of your kids as "little ones". They all grow up too fast. We now have 3 grandchildren married and a DGGD coming in the spring.

Theresa, I am sure you will love Hamilton. We have never seen any really big shows, but someday I'd love to. We missed Wicked in SLC last year. We just didn't get tickets in time. I know you must have had a great time with the grands. Isn't it a blessing to be a grandma?

Blanca, I had to chuckle at your forgetting to cook. That sounds like something I would do. Too many things to think about. Glad things turned out ok anyway.

Don, I hope you and your wife are doing well and had a nice Christmas. Did you have family around?

Oh, Henri, I cringed as I read about your mother's fall. It happens so fast! I hope they could set it without surgery. Often when there are 2 breaks they need plates and screws to hold it. Hugs to her and you. Let us know how she's doing.

Toni, if you are reading, I hope you had a nice Christmas and that they didn't work you to death over the holidays. How's the knee? I am dreading mine.

Sending greetings to all our Chatty Scrappy Friends.
Have a great New Year's Eve!

don1
don1 
Pro
don1
  • don1 on 12-28-18 04:49 PM

Christmas was a reminder why we eat out. I cooked a 7 lb turkey breast … for 2. I also made boxed dressing with some additions, sausage, celery, onion, apple, and cranberry juice (in lieu of burgundy wine). The dressing turned out - not bad. The turkey came with cooking instructions. I took it out 20 minutes early and it was over cooked.

I made turkey sandwiches for 2 days. Today I chopped up the turkey in a small electric chopper thing, threw in the dressing and a can of cranberry sauce and a lot of Miracle Whip. Now we're talking super sandwich, and quick to make. I am ready for football.

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean
In response to don1

Mom is doing great. The doctor was able manipulate it into perfect position, put a temporary cast on and will check it in a week and re-x-ray. If still doing well, they will put a harder cast on and leave it for 5 more weeks.

We all sat around and talked last this afternoon Mom said this was one of the best Christmases' she's ever had and she has really enjoyed the family get-togethers. Said this was a very blessed Christmas.

The broken bones were an inconvenience but she isn't in pain and her family is here and she is considering this one of her best Christmas seasons ever.

toni-n-tn
Diva
toni-n-tn

Hello everyone. Happy (belated) Christmas, and Happy (future) New Year. Things are well here. I cut my finger (knuckle) on Christmas. So I no longer have to cut the sweet potatoes😊. Work is slowing down quite a bit so I hope I can get back into the swing of things. Haven't read everything here, but hope everyone is doing well.

Theresa TSC
Expert
Theresa TSC
In response to toni-n-tn

Henri, good news about your Mom. Make sure she doesn't lift anything with it, doesn't want it pop out of place.

Don, love me some turkey salad with cranberries in it!

Toni, good to see you. It's less painful to just ask someone else to peel the potatoes, LOL (or I boil them with the skin on and they just pull away)

Taking decorations down today. Don't usually before the first of the year but I have the next four days off (crossing my fingers anyway) and I know they're going to add new people starting next week. Humana is making change in the program again. Change for them means extra work for us. Hoping that if I start out the new year with a clean house maybe it'll stay that way all year! See, I am still a dreamer!!!

t-towngirl
Mayor
t-towngirl

So happy to “see everyone”. It has been a long time since we were all here at the same time.

We were supposed to go to a birthday party in Carpinteria, but my husband does not want to do the four hour drive, and quite frankly neither do I. We have someone working on the house, and I just want keep going with it. In fact I am waiting for him to arrive.

Nyleen, congratulations on the new baby! What a blessing.

I have seen Wicked twice, and I like it. It’s my husbands favorite.

Toni, it has been a long time. Happy to see you! Sorry you are still having issues with your knee.

Tina, I hear you loud and clear, I very seldom have “me days” Hope you enjoy it. Jealous!

Henri, it is good that your mom is not in a lot of pain. So nice that your sisters in law will be there to help her.

Don, your turkey recipe actually sounds really good. I still have a little turkey left and I am going to make green enchiladas with it. We all need to get creative with leftovers.

Theresa, I hope you get to enjoy your time off. Four days off in a row, it’s a mini vacation, don’t waste it working around the house.
Sending you hugs Linda!

Off to start my day! Have a good one everyone.

Nylene motherbambi
Mayor
Nylene motherbambi

Hi, everyone.

Don, your turkey/cranberry sandwiches sound wonderful. We had ham for Christmas but DH insisted I make the cranberry relish and we are enjoying it with ham sandwiches. Hope you and wife are feeling well.

Blanca, I wouldn't want to travel 4 hours either. It's cold and snowy and I hate to drive in it at all. How is the house coming along?

Toni, it's great to see your smiling face. I hope your knuckle heals quickly. How is school going this year? I had to give up volunteering when DH became legally blind and needed radiation treatments twice a week. I really miss the kids, but I can see that it wouldn't work with our schedule. Hugs to you!

Theresa, I can't believe you are taking things down. I love the Christmas decorations and can hardly stand to think of them coming down. I always get it done before Feb, but often it's late into Jan and that's OK with me.

Henri, I am so grateful that your mom is doing well. I hope they don't have to do anything more to it but cast and wait. She's a plucky lady to keep her good attitude and enjoy the family.

Tina, it's fun to see you popping up occasionally on 2Peas. I hope you enjoy your time off.

Today I worked on a puzzle and visited with a friend. It was nice to have no pressures. I need a few days like that!!

Have a great weekend!

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

Just got home. Long drive - about 7 hours but Bill had an easy drive after we got through the storms in Alabama and upper Florida. Once we got a ways into Florida the rain cleared up and traffic was light to moderate all the way so we had no slow downs - went the limit or above all the way.

Glad to be home.

Got my backpack upacked (what needed unpacking), my little suitcase with my electronics unpacked and Bill's backpack with our prescription meds unpacked.

The suitcase is all clothes and it can wait until tomorrow or even a few days down the road. No hurry to get to it. However, tomorrow I will be tired of looking at it and unpack it I'm sure.

Mom says it was one of the best Christmases' she's ever had - the broken arm was an inconvenience and if its the worst things that happened in all of 2018, then 2018 was a great year.

She plans to go back to work. Every tells her not to go back on the 2nd when they open back up - but, they can't stop her, she owns the business.

scrapperb2
Queen
scrapperb2

Theresa, I am so glad I am not the only one who took down the Christmas tree. We had enough so first thing this morning my hubby unplugged it stuffed it back into the box--boom done.

Don, at least you did manage to get plenty of meat off your tur,ey breast. That would happen to me also. I never heard of a super sandwich like that before, sounds yummy.

Henri I am glad your Mom is doing good considering her accident. I have had my share of broken bones and it is limitations of movement that is worse to me. I hate crutches the most. Hopefully I am done with that.

Friday night we bought a few pizzas, garlic sticks and cinnamon sticks and went up to my daughter's house to spend a few hours with them while they all are on vacation. We have a lot of fun together. Alexis did eat some as she is getting better. Anti-biotics works wonders.

For Christmas my son Kevin and family gave me money to spend on sb.com. and my order comes in tomorrow. Also I am ordering on Amazon Prime (my daughter's acct.) to use up some more Christmas money. We have no scrap stores for miles so I have to order my things until we go out of town.

Fun day for me after I cleaned the kitchen then washed the floor. Now it is playtime in my "Woman's Cave". I have a little modern radio playing Rene gave me as a gift. I changed some things around so I can use them on my long counter work area. Peace and quiet and I like that a lot.

Well I am getting tired so my bed is waiting for me since I can't go into the kitchen as Rene has a secret meal in the crock pot. Take care you all.

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

How wonderful to hear you sounding so good Linda - love seeing your happy posts!

My mom is doing very well. Says the broken bone and cast are a minor inconvenience but in spite of it, this has been one of the most wonderful Chrastmases ever!

She was stressing last night about what she has in the closet that will go over her cast and said she may wear something that went out of style 30 years ago, but nonetheless, she will be in church.

Even though she is 90, except for 2 hospital visits because of the broken arm, she only went to the doctor 3 times last year and all 3 times were to get refills for prescriptions.

If not for her prescriptions, she wouldn't have gone to the doctor at all last year.

She's not letting the arm get her down at all. I'm not sure I would do nearly so well.

Theresa TSC
Expert
Theresa TSC

Henri, glad to hear your Mom's arm isn't as bad as they thought.

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

I think its mom's attitude that is making it kind of okay. It is broken in two places, but she is just focusing on her blessings and all the good things and dealing with the bad stuff. Every time it started to hurt when we were there, she talked about how happy and blessed she was and what a wonderful Christmas it was.

Pain is not excruciating and she's suffered worse she says. Whenever it gets her down, she thinks about all the wonderful family times she had this Christmas and said she focuses on how blessed she is and when it hurts, she thinks about how much more others are hurting.

She's very frustrated though because at 90 she still owns her own business and keeps things going.

The shop opens back up on Wednesday and she plans to be at work. Everyone has told her they can operate just fine without out her but she plans to be there and she owns the company. They can't fire the boss so she plans to run the business as normal.

When we called her yesterday my sister-in-law answered and said mom was teaching herself to write with her left hand because she has to write at work. She now has her signature where it looks normal.

I laughed at her a few nights ago when she was filing her nails for church - had the nail file somehow clamped on the cast on her right hand and was moving her other hand and shaping them - says she does her nails every weekend for church Sunday morning. She was even determined that she was going to polish them. The cast is all the way to her fingers - just the ends of her fingers stick out!

She is a feisty and spunky woman and they are all gong to have their hands full because she will insist on doing things herself and not let this slow her down.

Me - I would have been complaining and wallowing in my aches and pains with a huge dose of self pity.

The swelling is concerning me though but hopefully it is going down.

t-towngirl
Mayor
t-towngirl

Nothing exciting going on here. Tonight, We are going to a party with some of our neighbors.

I just wanted to stop and wish everyone a Happy and Healthy New year! May your dreams come through, or at least some of them.

See you next year, my fantasy friends

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

Happy New Year Blanca - have fun at your party!

Theresa TSC
Expert
Theresa TSC

Woke up with diarrhea so my day didn't start out well but think it was just the prime rib I ate yesterday (wasn't as done as I usually eat.) but it's better now. Was really glad I hadn't scheduled any visits. Off tomorrow too.

Kate had me download Google Duo, it's similar to Skype but doesn't freeze up so I got to video chat with the birthday girl this afternoon which was the highlight of my day. Julianne turned 5 today but said she feels like she's 10. Cracked me up. She certainly acts like she's 10. Kate took the kids and a couple of Julianne's friends met them at Malibu Jacks this morning for a little birthday party (they, of course, aren't calling it a party because then Julianne would have expected us to be there and we weren't invited). Kate sent pictures and said that they had fun. Julianne asked for Bone Fish Grill for dinner tonight and then they're going to go some friends for a New Year's Eve/Julianne birthday party (per Julianne they have a birthday cake to take with them). Julianne was quite excited. She missed Pop Pop on the call though because he had to work today.

We're going over to my friends Jowanna and Mark's tonight for a little impromptu get together but I have a feeling we won't stay long. None of us like to stay up late, LOL.

Neighbors have been shooting fireworks off the last couple of nights so it won't be a quiet new years for sure.

scrapperb2
Queen
scrapperb2

Henri, God bless your Mom. She is a strong independent woman who sure has a mind of her own. That really is a good think, and her own business, wow.

The swelling with the cast normally does go down in a few days. I thought they were going to have to cut it off because it was to tight, but the hospital said it was normal. I broke my right arm in three places and had my cast for 8 weeks and in the summer!!

We went to the movies today to see Mule with Clint Eastwood. It was very good and a very different role for him. We go to the matinee, less expensive, and subway for a dinner, I love their subs made my way.

I guess tomorrow we are going for lunch with Rene's sisters. I don't know how this will work since there has been problems within the family. This truly annoys me, why people just can't get along. Life is so short and you never know what tomorrow will bring. Mom and Dad went shopping then to McDonald's for dinner and boom--head on collision both passed together. You never know.

HAVE A VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL OF YOU----2019

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

Happy New Year Linda. Yes my mom is a very independent.

She had about 45 friends and family meet her at a restaurant for her 90th birthday dinner and then stood up at the end and announced that the entire dinner was her treat - she was picking up the dinner for everyone. She had made it an open invitation in their little church but she didn't want anyone to know she was paying. If she did, everyone would have been there with their whole family and friends. Since no one knew she was paying, only the people who really wanted to be with her on her birthday were there. She planned it that way.

She lives 10 hours from us driving (we make it a bit faster). Last year she drove her and then back by herself. She is very active for her age. Her outlook is amazing.

Her independence drives all of us crazy though. One time about 20 went out to dinner and mom wanted it to be her treat and Bill picked up the ticket. Boy, did she read him the riot act and told him if he ever picked up the ticket again like that, she would never eat out with him again.

So Bill just has to look at the ticket and not pick it up - hard for him. He would have picked up her birthday dinner when she paid for 45 but I told him mom would never speak to him again.

Now we tell mom, "We are taking you out to dinner" and if she knows that going into it, she's happy with us paying, but if she invites us and we touch the ticket she gets very mad.

I can get pickles here she likes that she can't get at home - Publix brand sweet chips and every tiem I pick up a jar, she insists on paying.

She keeps an envelope with $10 or $20 cash by the front door and whenever my brothers pick up anything at the store for her, they bring it in the house and then pick up the envelope and take it to her in the living room so she can pay them back immediately.

She is good about lending family members money, but boy, they had better pay her back.

Oh, the stories I could tell about my mother and her independent stubborn streak which are pretty much one and the same.

don1
don1 
Pro
don1
  • don1 on 12-31-18 08:20 PM

WOO HOO!!! Gonna celebrate with JD Robb and Leverage In Death. Just came out today. I have all the "- In Death" series.

What fireworks?

tinacloer
Expert
tinacloer
In response to don1

Good morning scrappy friends! I hope you all had a nice New Years. We stayed home and hung out with Mal and Grif, no party for us. We had a mellow evening. The rest of this week will be full of friends and fun, so it was good.

We have two of Mallorys friends staying over tonight and tomorrow night, then my sister and nephew are staying on Thursday night and we fly out for a wedding in Orlando on Friday, so we have lots of fun stuff for the rest of the week.

I also got a little scrapping done, I may try to take some pics and put a few things in the gallery.

I wish all of you a wonderful 2019!

Tina

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean
In response to tinacloer

Happy New Year! Ours rolled in very quietly - I was working on some layout and happened to glance at the clock and it was exactly midnight.

I think we heard one firecracker go off - which is what made me look at the clock. A very quiet New Year's eve but that is fine with us.

Talked to mom yesterday and she has had no problem with her broken arm until yesterday. Pain set in and she even ran out and got her pain meds prescription filled and that is saying a lot for her. Said it wasn't unbearable and she will get through it just fine, but yesterday was really difficult for her.

I was hoping she wouldn't go through that.

Her spirits are still really high and her attitude is good, but she is hurting now.

Theresa TSC
Expert
Theresa TSC

Don, had to look that book series up, wasn't familiar with it. I love Nora Roberts, didn't know she was writing a different line. Will have to check it out. Bet Randy would like it, he likes that style of books.

We had a nice time with friends last night but, no joke, I looked at my watch at 9:07 thinking it had to be 11! Played the game Sequence, guys against the girls, guys won. We were all so tired, party wrapped up and we all headed home a little after 10. Neighbors shot fireworks off but I was either too tired or they didn't have a lot because they only woke me up once (sounded like they were shooting them off right under my window). Very inconsiderate neighbors, they probably were shooting them off in the driveway which is next to the side of the house where our bedroom is. I'm sure it was too muddy to go out in the back yard away from any bedroom windows.

Tina, fun to have family/friends visiting and really fun to go to Florida in January! Jealous.

Low key day planned, may not get out of my pajamas. Randy has to go in to work this afternoon and he's still asleep right now so I'm just sitting enjoying the quiet.

Prayers that all start the new year off with blessings and they compound as the days go by!

t-towngirl
Mayor
t-towngirl

Thanks Theresa!

We had fun at the party, and went to bed right after midnight. Heard fireworks buy they were far away, thank God!

We have been really lazy today. Art took all the outside Christmas lights down. Now, I am debating if I should take a nap or try to scrap. Tomorrow is back to the remodeling.

Henri, sorry to hear your mom is is pain. I guess is to be expected. Hope the pain medication helps.

Don and Theresa, I will have to check the books you are talking about. Have only read a couple of her books.

Nylene motherbambi
Mayor
Nylene motherbambi

Don, I am not familiar with that book series either. I am glad you had an enjoyable New Year's Eve with it.

Theresa, LOL about the b-day party. A bit of manipulation there, but you are used to that. I can't believe your little Julianne is 5. Time flies. Glad you had fun with friends.

Blanca, sounds like you had a fun party too. We had an Addiction Recovery meeting on New Years Day and had 3 participants come. We weren't sure any would come, but were glad they were there. After the meeting we went home and went to bed EARLY.

Henri, I am glad your mom filled the pain pills. It seems like with a break it gets a bit worse a few days down the road and then begins to heal. Hugs to her.

Tina, have a great trip!

Sweet Linda. I am so excited to see you posting and getting out doing things. Continued prayers that this helps and that you receive healing. I love hearing your upbeat attitude about everything. You are a trooper!

Toni, I imagine your "vacation" is over and you are back at school. Have you had all the cold weather and storms we are seeing in the midwest?

I need to clean out all the window sills to get my windows washed tomorrow. I've decided to let them do the insides too. Neither DH or I will climb a ladder high enough to reach. We don't need more health issues.

Have a great week.

don1
don1 
Pro
don1
  • don1 on 01-03-19 01:18 PM

the "... in Death" series (45 books, I have all and read all) is about Eve Dallas, a female NYC cop 50 years from now.
JD Robb is a pen name for Nora Roberts.

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean
In response to don1

I've always seen the name JD Robb - had no idea that was Nora Roberts!

Theresa TSC
Expert
Theresa TSC

Don, I looked the book series up, wow, Good Reads shows 48 books in the series (some may not be released yet). You'd think we would have heard of it before with as many book stores as we are in but guess there are a ton of things right before our eyes that we miss.

t-towngirl
Mayor
t-towngirl

Good morning! Is everyone staying nice and warm? I can’t believe it’s even cold here. I went out last night and run back into the house for a heavier jacket.

I really don’t like murder mystery books, sorry Don. Art might like them, that is usually what he likes to read.

Well, not much going on here besides working on the house. Can’t wait to finish what I need to finish fir now.

Have a good day everyone!

Theresa TSC
Expert
Theresa TSC

Greetings one and all. Feel like I'm finally rested for the first time in months. Only worked two days this week and didn't have full days those two either. All the Christmas stuff is packed up (with the exception of a box that needs to go in the storage building but the yard is too muddy to take it out) and I'm slowly getting the house back in order while I watch Hallmark movies. It's a process, LOL.

Started reading Michelle Obama's book. It's really good. Might be because she is telling about life growing up in Chicago the same time frame I grew up there. Her views on life were based on those experiences and I can relate.

Blanca got our cruise booked for our 40th anniversary the first week of December. Randy is giddy which is so funny because he's the one that has been putting off going on one.

Only other new thing is that Jeremy (our son) started his new job this week at the University of Kentucky outpatient pharmacy. He's quite excited and so are the kids. He'll be working overnights, 7 on, 7 off (after he gets through his training, etc) and he'll be home every night for dinner. He called and said his first day they dressed up in UK colors, decorated the front room and had their pompoms out, did cheers, etc. when he walked in the door the first night. Wal-Mart is cheating him out of his annual bonus and his medical insurance for the month which is really sad when he's worked for them for 7 years but that just makes him getting a better job even better.

t-towngirl
Mayor
t-towngirl

Congratulations to Jeremy!!

Theresa, my sil bought the book last week, I will try and read it after she finishes reading it.

My day stated out good yesterday and then it just went down hill from there. Just one of those days. Ant to top it off, my internet died, and they have to send a technician to fix it, but we have to wait until Wednesday between 6 and 7 pm. so my computer is out of commission fir a while, and I can only do so much on my I pad.

How is everyone this weekend? Handyman is off today, but Art is trying to get something done. I need to work, and entrain my granddaughter.

Have a good day !

tinacloer
Expert
tinacloer

Good morning scrappy friends! I'm still in sunny Florida. Ron and I went to universal studios yesterday. It was 70 and sunny, so what weather was beautiful. We had a lot of fun, but miss the kids being here with us. We are going to my assistant's wedding tonight, which is what we came down for. I adore her and am looking forward to the wedding.

Theresa - it stinks that Walmart didn't treat treat Jeremy fairly on his way out, but I'm really glad that he got a better job.

Bianca - I hope today is a better day for you!

Don - I had no idea that JD Robb was Nora Roberts. She must have quite them team working with her, she cranks out a lot of books!

Well, it's time for me to get moving. We are headed back to the park for a few hours before the wedding.

Tina

Theresa TSC
Expert
Theresa TSC
In response to tinacloer

Tina, Disney in January, sounds divine! My friend Macy is there on her honeymoon this week too. She's been dragging her husband on all the rides he doesn't like to go on and posting photos, he's in love!

Blanca, sorry to hear about the internet. Randy would go through terrible withdrawal symptoms, I might too!

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

Blanca - does your cell phone plan include mobile hot spot? Most plans do now.

I was on the internet a lot at my mother's house using my cell phone as a mobile hot spot. Really worked great - really fast too!

t-towngirl
Mayor
t-towngirl

Hi everyone!

Henri, I did not even think of that . Yes, I have a mobile hot spot duh!

Tina, have fun at the wedding! 70 and sunny, sounds so nice. I am jealous! We have been in the 40’s and 50’s. Even got rain yesterday and all night.

Took the day off from working on the house and went shopping.

Theresa, Hope you are still well rested, because tomorrow is back to work. Boo.

Speaking of work, we start sanding the drywall tomorrow I hate that part. Got plenty of masks to wear. I am getting excited to finally be making progress.

Waving hi to Linda, Don, Nylene and Toni.

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

Hi Blanca - you are seeing light at the end of the tunnel if you are ready to sand drywall. What a beautiful home you will have when it is all finished.

Theresa TSC
Expert
Theresa TSC

Thought I better post something before our thread falls off the page for lack of use, LOL.

Henri, Blanca sent me a photo last night of her doing her dry walling so the job is going on full speed! Hopefully her internet will be back up and running soon.

It was 67 degrees here in Kentucky yesterday. Very windy but I was outside in short sleeves and didn't get cold. So windy that it brought in cold air last night and it's 30 right now! Had to wear my winter coat and gloves to work this morning. Did warm up to 39 mid day. Crazy! Talking about snow or icy mix Friday night into Saturday. My scrapbook crop is Friday night, it better stay away! 10 years ago this month we had a massive ice storm that shut down our state for weeks. No one wants to hear chance of icy mix in January here!

t-towngirl
Mayor
t-towngirl

Yay! they fixed our internet. Got a new box/router or whatever they are called. He also gave us new remote controls for the TVs.

This is the third house Art an I remodel, and obviously I like doing the work, but we had never done mudding and taping. We are actually doing a good job considering is our first time, but I was almost in tears today. I’m so sick of it! My arm hurts, my back hurts, I am so ready to be done with this part of the project. And it looks like the mask I am wearing for protection is going to bruise my nose. It does not hurt, but it is really red.

Besides working on the house, nothing is new here. Who would like to come help me, so I can finish in this life time. Don’t all volunteer at the same time

Page 16 of 18 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics