Page 3 of 16 
Username Post: CHATTY SCRAPPERS        (Topic#1664413)
Theresa TSC
Expert
Theresa TSC
In response to Henri Jean

Been a super busy couple of weeks but had a few minutes this morning to snap photos of three cards I made using a new masking pen that I saw online and had to try. You stamp the image you want, "paint" it with the pen, let the masking solution dry, then paint or stamp over it. When you're done with that background you use your finger and rub the masking solution off the stamped image leaving it white so you can color it with markers or pencils or even leave it white. It's fun.

Edited by Theresa TSC on 04-12-17 03:56 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

t-towngirl
Mayor
t-towngirl

Hi chatty friends! Just stopping to say hello.

We are home now, and it's cold. Wish we would have stayed in Palm Springs.

Nothing exciting going on here.

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean
In response to t-towngirl

Sounds like here - nothing exciting here either.

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

Does everyone have Easter plans? I know for a fact that the Easter Bunny will come by sometime during the night with a basket of goodies for my husband. Beyond that - no plans.

Joe (my youngest son is in college and lives on our property but he is an older college student), has no class or work on Easter so he is borrowing my husband's van and spending the day at the beach and taking 7 or 8 friends with him.

So dinner is just Bill and me - and I don't feel like making a big Easter dinner. I have no clue what we will eat.

toni-n-tn
Diva
toni-n-tn

Hey girls,

Sorry been so MIA, but it sure has been busy!
Anyway, hope you all have a wonderful Easter.
I have some relatives coming in, so I took some
time off from JoAnns...once a year treat, it seems,
LOL...
But, Happy Easter to one and all.

Take care,
toni

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean
In response to toni-n-tn

Happy Easter Toni!

t-towngirl
Mayor
t-towngirl

Hey chatty friends. I been a little busy, but just wanted to stop by and wish everyone a Happy Easter. We have no plans, just going to church and lunch afterwards.

Henri, if we lived closer, we could enjoy dinner together.

Well, back to my cleaning

Have a great weekend!

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

I wish you did live closer Blanca! That would be fun! And even more fun after Terri gets here permanently - then the 3 of us could really have fun together!

Theresa TSC
Expert
Theresa TSC

Happy Easter. We had a change of plans today. We were supposed to eat at Aunt Joyce/Uncle Charlie's but he is really not doing well. Started yesterday when she tried to wake him up from a nap and called me when he wouldn't wake up. By the time I got there (they live about 12 miles away) she had thrown water on him and got him awake but his oxygen level was 80 and his heart rate 128. Joyce has made herself sick worrying so I talked them into holding off Easter dinner til next weekend when Jeremy and Kate are coming in with the grands. To be honest, I don't think Charlie will make it til then. (He's my "other father" for those that don't know. He and my aunt have been there for me my whole life. I'm "their" child.) I've got him on oxygen full time now and still haven't been able to get his sats up past 90%. Did finally get his heart rate down to 108. His fingers have started to discolor. Breaks my heart. He doesn't want to go to the hospital because he doesn't think they'll be able to do anything. He's just gotten weaker and weaker over the last year. His birthday is Tuesday. Keep him in your prayers

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean
In response to Theresa TSC

I am so sorry to hear that. That is so frightening and it sounds like he isn't doing well at all. I hope a miracle happens and he is able to get through this! So heartbreaking to watch someone you love go through these stages.

t-towngirl
Mayor
t-towngirl

Oh Theresa, it's so scary when the oxygen level drops. This brought back memories of when I was taking care of mom.

So sorry. I think we are getting to that age where is time to become the "parent" and take of our aging parents.

Will keep you in my prayers.

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

We are most blessed that my mom 89 and still owns her own business, even though she only goes in part time anymore.

If my sister-in-law takes off, she then works a full day and covers for her.

She still drives, in fact she may drive herself 8-9 hours here for Joe's graduation in a week-and-a-half but her brother may ride with her to keep her company - we don't know yet.

When she gets to the point she needs care, my brother who is 5 years younger than me will build an apartment on his home for her that opens to the outside so she can still be independent, but also open up into their dining room so she won't have to go out in the rain to get to their house.

My brother and his wife will be the physical care-takers and I will go up as needed. My other brother and all the other relatives also live there.

Theresa TSC
Expert
Theresa TSC

Went to check on him this morning and he looks better. He even ate some breakfast. Prayer is a great thing!

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

I am so glad to hear that. And yes, prayer is a great thing - can work miracles!

toni-n-tn
Diva
toni-n-tn

Theresa,
Hope Uncle Charlie is doing even better today.

Sending more hugs and prayers.

Hope everyone had a wonderful Easter.

t-towngirl
Mayor
t-towngirl
In response to toni-n-tn

Theresa, glad he is doing better. Praying.

Had a good Easter, even though the day started out sunny and warm, then the sun left and it got very windy and cold. Kids did not mind at all.

Have been trying to clean my house. I was gone for five months, so it's very dusty. I am taking one room a day, and cleaning it top to bottom. I want to have a real estate agent come see what I can list the house for, or what I can rent it for, so we can move permanently.

Speaking of cleaning, I better get busy. I feel like Cinderella sometimes.

Going out to dinner with friends tonight.

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

Enjoy your dinner with friends tonight! I love going to dinner with friends!

tinacloer
Expert
tinacloer

Hi Sweet Ladies!

I'm back from my sun-filled vacay! We flew to St. Thomas and stayed for 4 days and then went to Puerto Rico for 5 days. We had a really relaxing trip and I was so glad to get to spend so much time with my hubby. Our highlights were a kayaking and snorkeling trip in St. Thomas, the amazing food & fun drinks, and our big ziplining adventure in Puerto Rico. We ziplined over the rain forest, which was a bit terrifying since the we were 700-900 feet up in the air, but it didn't seem so high because the canopy of trees was beneath us.

If you saw our FB posts, the trip looked like perfection, but we did have a whole collection of crazy things that happened on the trip too (this list is for humor purposes, not complaining): I tore my calf muscle right before we left and could barely walk for most of the trip, our flights were delayed on both legs of the trip and we had to run through the airport to try to make our flights, we made one and missed one (see torn calf muscle comment above), both hotels messed up our room reservations and we had to be moved twice, someone sideswiped our rental car and ran, our luggage didn't make it to St. Thomas with us, on the flight on our way home they broke Ron's suitcase, so all of this belongings were dumped onto the luggage conveyor, etc. So we chose to overlook all of that and make it a good trip, but we definitely have funny stories to tell about this one. I've never had a trip this this before.

We had amazing weather the whole time and celebrated our 25th anniversary at a beautiful restaurant in St. Thomas. The trip was a huge blessing, despite the comical setbacks.

I may try to print up a few of our photos today to do some scrapping. I have several challenges that I signed up for and need to get done.

I hope that you all have a great day today!

Tina

Edited by tinacloer on 04-22-17 04:05 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean
In response to tinacloer

Glad your trip was good! Some of the inconveniences on a trip can make the best stories later.

We travel military space A on hops when we fly (almost always) and so our flights are full of one blooper after another.

I hope you scrap and explain all these things because they will actually make you smile later when you look back on your books.

My scrapbooks are really heavy journaling because I love to capture the stories - the words that go with the pictures that are forgotten if not journaled.

When we went to St. Thomas and so many beautiful islands last September, I had just had a full hysterectomy 2 weeks earlier and couldn't go into the water - wanted to snorkel so bad.

I scrap all our trips and none of them are without incident, but they are still wonderful vacations!

I'm glad you had a good vacation! Puerto Rico and St. Thomas are both amazing places to relax. I've never done the ziplining and maybe one time I will. Don't know why I haven't done it, but my husband has - only he did it in the army!

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

Glad your trip was good! Some of the inconveniences on a trip can make the best stories later.

We travel military space A on hops when we fly (almost always) and so our flights are full of one blooper after another.

I hope you scrap and explain all these things because they will actually make you smile later when you look back on your books.

My scrapbooks are really heavy journaling because I love to capture the stories - the words that go with the pictures that are forgotten if not journaled.

When we went to St. Thomas and so many beautiful islands last September, I had just had a full hysterectomy 2 weeks earlier and couldn't go into the water - wanted to snorkel so bad.

I scrap all our trips and none of them are without incident, but they are still wonderful vacations!

I'm glad you had a good vacation! Puerto Rico and St. Thomas are both amazing places to relax. I've never done the ziplining and maybe one time I will. Don't know why I haven't done it, but my husband has - only he did it in the army!

toni-n-tn
Diva
toni-n-tn

LOL, Tina...and knowing you, I'm sure you enjoyed
your trip, and would no matter what! Glad you had
a great time.

tinacloer
Expert
tinacloer
In response to toni-n-tn

I got all of my challenges for this month finished up. Here are my LO's...sorry for the flood.

I love a man in spandex! By Tinacloer

Right now. By Tinacloer

You can do amazing things By Tinacloer

Bespectacled sisters By Tinacloer

You're stuck together By Tinacloer

I hope you are all having a great weekend!

t-towngirl
Mayor
t-towngirl
In response to tinacloer

Hi ladies!! Went to visit my son and the grandkids this weekend. Had a great time. I always enjoy my time with the boys.

Well, if you remember, my son had applied for a job promotion last month. He has not heard yet if he got it or not, but he was offered a better position at work, so he is so happy. He is going to have normal work hours and not have to spend his weekends doing paper work. That in it self, it's a big help for a single dad with two little kids.

My husband leaves on his yearly motorcycle run on Thursday, so I invited a friend to come over and scarp with me on Thursday and Friday. It should be fun.

Tina, we all have stories about our trips. Your story made think of all the things that have happened to us. I am glad you had a great time. Looking forward to your los.

Edited by t-towngirl on 04-24-17 04:08 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Theresa TSC
Expert
Theresa TSC

Tina, ROFL!!! Only you could have all that happen to them and still look on the bright side--you're a treasure!

Jeremy and Kate (Jeremy's my son) brought the granddaughters in this weekend and they are such a delight. Between running to the hospital for Charlie and playing with them I look like death warmed over.

Funny story about Julianne, and it will be scrapped but I can't wait to share it. We have special one on one time, have since she was old enough to know what it was and she loves it. She is very artistic so we go into the den (she calls it the craft room now) and I let her use little girl scissors, glue sticks, stamps, etc. She was hard at work and stopped, rubbed my face and said, "I love you so much! I'm glad we have this special time." Of course, I said I was glad too but then told her that I needed to spend some special time with Savannah too. She immediately said I did not. She then went on to tell me, with a straight and oh so serious face, that Savannah didn't really like me so I didn't have to spend time with her. (Savannah is 13 months and Julianne is 3.) Gosh I love that child!

For those that are on my FB list you know already about the continued problems with Charlie. For those that don't. He's in the hospital. Had to call EMTs when he was totally unresponsive on Thursday morning. Sent him to the hospital to die. He rallied again leaving the doctor literally scratching his head. Decided to make him comfort measures only but to continue to treat the pneumonia and COPD exacerbation that he had. Treatment seems to be working at times and then at others we don't know, Stopped all painful things like blood gases and testing. He is sleeping mostly but has had enough good minutes that they are no longer treating him with only comfort measures and even had physical therapy evaluate him yesterday in the hope of getting him strong enough to be accepted into the rehab unit at the hospital for a couple of weeks with the goal of sending him home. If he can't do the PT Joyce plans to take him home and it's going to be a battle because she physically can't take care of him if he can't pivot to stand or turn himself over. We are both exhausted but muddling through.

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

Oh my gosh Theresa! You sound like you have your hands full. Praying for you and your family - sounds like you have a lot of trials going on with the doctors and hospitals. Also sounds encouraging - that he is getting better and stronger!

t-towngirl
Mayor
t-towngirl

Hey ladies!

Theresa, that is so stressful. Hopefully he will be able to get strong enough to go to rehab. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

Just popping in to say hello. We had a lovely dinner out with friends tonight and enjoyed every minute - then back to our house to visit. A very nice evening!

tinacloer
Expert
tinacloer

Good morning sweet ladies!

Theresa - I LOVE that Julianne story, that is hilarious!!! It's sweet that she wants you all to herself.

I hope that Charlie gets strong enough to go home or to rehab. Praying for comfort for him and peace for you & Joyce. I know that he's been sick for a long time.

Bianca - have fun doing your mini crop with your friend. That sounds like a fun way to spend your time while your hubby is away.

Are any of you planning to participate in the NSD activities next week? I'm going to try to do some of them. I'm out of town Wed-Friday next week, so I'm hoping not to have too much house work to catch up on when I get home.

I guess I should get ready to head to work. I'm speaking at two events today, so I have to be presentable. Have a nice day ladies!

Tina

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean
In response to tinacloer

Hi Tina - my youngest son (he's an adult, older than most college students) graduates with his AA degree on Friday and family is coming in for the graduation ceremony.

He was going to wait for his BA before doing a graduation ceremony but the president of the school has requested that Joe come in early to have photos made with him before the ceremony and then he is going to talk about Joe in the ceremony and use him as an example of a success story so Joe feels like he needs to participate and the family does too, since Joe will be getting the attention.

Joe got viral encephalitis when he was 16 and spent 20 years as a grand mal seizure patient. Couldn't go to school because he had no short term memory which made tests and even doing assignments impossible.

We could come out of a store and get in the car to come home and when we got in I could ask him, "Joe, do you know where we went? "I don't know?" Do you know what you bought?" "I don't know and he would look in the bag he was holding and this would be 5 minutes after he bought it." Seizures had completely destroyed his short term memory.

Four years ago he had brain surgery, and he is now seizure free and medicine free (he was on 13 pills a day). He has maintained the Dean's List in college so far and is in 3 clubs (President of one) and secretary/treasurer/video grapher of one (he just arranged for the club to get school financing for a 4 day trip to Orlando for a big Photoshop expo put on by Adobe/Photoshop with classes and seminars all day for several days. School paid for the expo, furnished mini-vans and driver, paid for hotels and gave them each $120.00 for food.

He's been volunteering in the Florida Museum of History on the University of Florida campus in a program that they are using a program similar to CAD/CAM to scan dinosaur bones and fabricate pieces that are missing so they can complete an exhibit and he is working on setting up these exhibits.

Plus, he works weekends at Sam's Club as a forklift driver to earn extra money.

Needless to say, his life is completely different than it was 4 years ago when he was just home all day with his cats, couldn't drive, and school and things like this would not have been even slightly considered. He would not have been able to do any of it.

So our family is celebrating the past 4 years of healing for him and the success he has achieved in college.

So, National Scrapbook Day will have to take a backseat for me. Joe is my priority this weekend, along with family. And since my mom (she is 89 years old!) is driving herself her which will take her about 10 hours - this is really special. She will spend a week.

Hope everyone else enjoys National Scrapbook Day.

t-towngirl
Mayor
t-towngirl

I know how proud you are of Joe. I am glad the school is recognizing his success.

Enjoy your time with your family! Hope the drive is not hard on your mom. Spoil her during her visit. Wish I still had my mom.

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

Got word that my oldest son and our granddaughter, Roan are not coming. A real mess - his soon-so-be-ex-wife won't let him take our granddaughter out of state - just being mean.

John doesn't trust her with Roan for 4 days - she is a very unfit mother and totally crazy. John is just afraid to leave her with her. She is totally psycho.

tinacloer
Expert
tinacloer

Good morning all!!!

I hope that your week is going well. I've been scheduled solid at work since I came back from vacation. I'm going to be speaking at a conference next week, so will be in Nashville for 3 days with some of my team, so I'm trying to get as much done as I can before I'm out of the office for that.

Henri - Congrats to Joe! That is an awesome accomplishment and recovery. It sounds like that surgery gave him his life back. It's wonderful that he is being recognized, he deserves it! I hope that you can enjoy his graduation and let go of the disappointment over John not being there. It sounds like he has good reasons to end that marriage.

Nylene - Where are you??? Are you doing okay? We miss your sweet self.

Theresa - Any updates on Uncle Charlie?

I hope that you all have a great day!

Tina

Nylene motherbambi
Mayor
Nylene motherbambi

Hello, Chatting Friends.

I apologize for being gone all month. I spent the first week in Northern CA with our daughter and had such a great time with the grandchildren. But just as it was time to return home, I got sick.
I was so exhausted when we got home. We came through the big storm over the Sierras and it wasn't a fun drive. I think I waited too long to get in to see the Dr and I am still trying to get over it. I had to go in for breathing treatments one weekend and then to the ER 2 days later. I have done nothing but sleep for 3 weeks.

I have not been able to go to school and I have really missed it.
My sweet DH bought me a new ipad while I was in CA but I haven't felt well enough to even set it up. I do think I am now on the mend.

It's great to see new faces here and I'm glad you have just chatted away without me. I will catch up on the fun projects you have posted on the weekend.

Sending hugs and wishes for good weather for each of you. (We had snow yesterday and expecting more tomorrow.) I thought it was Spring! LOL
Nylene

Edited by Nylene motherbambi on 04-27-17 06:26 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

t-towngirl
Mayor
t-towngirl
In response to Nylene motherbambi

Henri, so sorry that John is missing the graduation. Some people can be so mean.

Nylene, hope you start feeling better soon. Rest will help you get better.

Well, my friend came over yesterday and we were supposed to scrap, instead we spend the day visiting. Hoping to get back to my scrapping today.

Have a great day ladies.

Theresa TSC
Expert
Theresa TSC

Haven't read anything, will come back when I have more time. Wanted to give an update, Charlie did a total turnaround! He was moved to the rehab unit in the hospital (really a long term care facility that does short term rehab) and he's doing good. Still has to watch the O2 because if he takes it off for even 5 minutes it drops down into the 70's. Otherwise he's back to his old self, complaining about the meals and that I'm not up there all the time, LOL. Headed back up there in minute to take Joyce back home. She's not driving so I took her there at 10 and am making her go back home at 1. She's exhausted too.

t-towngirl
Mayor
t-towngirl

That is great Theresa. Hopefully he will continue to get stronger as the days go by.

Well, I scrapped all weekend, and I am tired. Husband comes home tomorrow, so I have to get the kitchen back in order.

I usually do this marathon scraping when he is away. I posted just a few los.

Nylene, I hope the snow melted, I can't believe you have snow this late, it's almost May!

Good night ladies.

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

Good morning. Its Sunday morning.

My family moved to Miami when I was a toddler and lived in the same house from the time I was 4 or 5 until I was 21, when I got married and my parents and my brothers moved to Alabama.

For my entire teenage years mom was the church secretary in our little church in Miami.

I got married the first time in 1970, the same year the rest of the family moved to Alabama.

Mom has never been back and after living there about 19 years, Miami was home to her for a long time and she was curious about the changes in the past 47 years.

So, yesterday we drove to Orlando to have lunch at our favorite seafood place, and then on to Miami.

Its Sunday morning, and we are taking her to the church this morning where she was the secretary for so long. She is really excited to see what that is like after being gone for 47 years. I can't believe the church is still there!

We did make one mistake thought. We got a room on the air force base in Homestead and decided it was a good idea to get one with a bedroom and then a living room with a pullout couch.

We were not going to allow mom to sleep on a pullout bed - she is 89 years old and we just weren't going to do that - so we slept on it. Bill put cushions under the mattress to help a little bit - but remind me never to do this again. I know my back will get better in time and I will catch up on all the sleep I didn't get (my husband slept like a log - he's an old army guy - he can sleep anywhere). I can't.

We went to bed at 2:00 and I remember looking at the clock at 3:50 - not sure I had gotten any sleep by then or not. Then at 5:30 I was ready for a bathroom break and I will not go in and wake up my mother. I've been holding it for exactly 2 hours and her alarm is set to go off at 8:00 so she can get ready for church. Then the bathroom is ours at 8:30 so I can make it another hour.

Will never get another room where the bathroom is in a room where someone else is sleeping! Stupid! Stupid! Stupid!

What were we thinking?

tinacloer
Expert
tinacloer

Good morning ladies!

Happy Sunday! I've been pretty lazy this weekend, it's been super rainy, so I've just chilled out and enjoyed the gloominess of it. I've read 2 books, did laundry, played cards with Griffin and some cooking, that's about it. When I read, I pretty much ignore everything that's going on around me, so that's what I have planned for the rest of today.

Nylene - It sounds like you were really sick! I'm glad that you are beginning to feel better, please take care of yourself. I can't believe that you are still getting snow, it's almost May! I would hate that. I'm not a big fan of the snow anyway, we get more than enough here.

Theresa - I'm really glad to here that Charlie has rallied and that he's back to his usual ornery self. I hope that he continues to recover and that he & Joyce don't wear you out too much.

Henri - Your sleeping arrangements sound like a bummer. I hope that your Mom enjoys her time in Miami and that you get some sleep tonight.

Tina

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean
In response to tinacloer

Thanks Tina - except for the sleeping arrangements, the trip was a complete success.

We spent 2 days in Miami and my mom loved every minute of seeing her old home where she and daddy raised their family.

We went to the old church I attended nearly my entire life until I was 21, as did my entire family. Mom was the church secretary in the some of the 50's and 60's.

There was one woman in her Sunday School class who was 94 years old and remember Rev. McCullough who was our pastor back then.

We took her to her favorite restaurant in Miami (Shorty's bbq), her old neighborhood and almost every place that had fond memories for her, like Venetian pool.

After being away for 47 years - it was quite a trip down memory lane for her!

t-towngirl
Mayor
t-towngirl

Oh how exciting! Glad you guys had a great time. What did she think of the city? I bet it was like visiting a whole new city, except for the areas that she knew.

I have not been to my home town in over 25 years. Honestly, I probably won't even know how to get to the house anymore, since the city has grown so much.

A few years ago, my sister took her daughter, and her family, to go see the house we grew in, and the grammar school we attended.

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

Mom was like a little kid on Christmas morning wanting to see everything! Her favorite was going to our old church - that really meant a lot to her. They opened the church office and she saw her old desk and some other things that were there when she worked there half-a-century ago. In fact, longer than that.

I can't find my way around Miami at all anymore but Bill is so good with directions, he always knew exactly where we were and where we were going and how to get there.

We went to South Beach and that was a mad house. Took forever just to drive a mile.

There was a clothing store and people all over on the sidewalk.

One couple just decided to get changed outside in front of the trendy little shops with people walking by everywhere.

The woman stripped down to her bra and underwear and was just standing there. She took a dress out of a bag, shook it out and slowly put it over her head to get dressed. People were walking by (heavy foot traffic) and no one was taking a second glance.

We couldn't quit staring - so odd to us. Her boyfriend or husband was buttoning his pants so I guess he changed on the sidewalk too.

Neither one were in a hurry to get dressed.

What are people thinking?

Nylene motherbambi
Mayor
Nylene motherbambi

Finally....I have had a minute to go back and read a month's worth of posts. I know I will forget things, but it was great to read about all the things going on in your lives.

Henri-Welcome and I am so glad everyone welcomed you warmly.
I have always loved your pages. I am so impressed with your son, Joe. I hope things go well at the graduation.

Tina, your trip sounds wonderful, only because I know your upbeat attitude and it would take more than the crazy problems to get you down. Glad you had a great relaxing time.

Toni, your Spec. Ed prom sounds like such fun. I'm sorry your knee is acting up. I have one too, and I am just babying it along.
It sounds like Kevin has moved out. I totally understand not seeing much of the "son". The "daughters" come back often, but it's hard to get to see our son. They hang out with DDIL's family.

Melanie, when will you open the store again? I'm sorry the printers have thrown a wrench in the book publishing. I hope it goes well and is ready for the Anniversary. Did Greg get his hernia repaired?

Blanca, I am enjoying your trip to Mexico through your layouts.
I have never been back since college, but I loved my time in Mexico City. My son-in-law works for Pixar and the film coming out, Coco, is all about Mexican culture. I am anxious to see it.

Theresa, I was sad to read about Uncle Charlie's illness. I am so glad he is doing better. I don't know what Joyce would do without him. You have been such a sweetheart to them for many years. Love your Julianne story. How cute.

Oh..I know I am forgetting things I wanted to comment about.

I hope you all have a wonderful National Scrapbook Day this Saturday. I hope to finish the layout that has been sitting on my table since before I left for CA the first of April!

It's great to catch up with each of you!

t-towngirl
Mayor
t-towngirl

Nyleene, I can't wait to see that movie. We really enjoy the animated pictures, and we saw the previews for it. We go see the movies, even if we don't have the kids with us. Lol.

Just stopping by to say hello really quick, art went into town to run some errands and I want to get a few things done before he gets back.

Have a great at ladies.

t-towngirl
Mayor
t-towngirl

Henri, people are crazy, and yes, I can see them getting dress in the middle of the busy side walk. I really think those people are exhibitionists.

A few years ago, I went with Art to the Laughlin Run an there ladies walking around in their skimpy underwear and chaps. Really? did they think they looked good. Or they were wearing their bra with a leather vest over it. I don't know, what people think.

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

Thank you Nylene - everyone has really been very welcoming here and I feel very comfortable.

Joe's graduation went very well. As soon as it started, the President of the school said, "We have a very special young man here. He went hiking on the Appalachian Trail and when he came home, they found he had contracted viral encephalitis on the hike - he got it by ingesting contaminated water.

He said that Joe had lost 2 decades of his life because of the seizures and wasn't able to work, attend school or do anything he wanted to do.

He went on to quote some of the things Joe said about the school and talked about Joe's surgery and how he was seizure free and Medication free now and had been for 4 years!

After 5 minutes of talking about Joe, he had Joe stand and everyone clapped and whistled and applauded for several minutes. Joe just grinned and after a couple minutes he waved. Really moving.

Was quite a night for him.

Now he's waiting for replies from two schools before he makes up his mind where he will go next. Transcripts haven't been sent out so hopefully that will be done really quickly.

t-towngirl
Mayor
t-towngirl

Good morning ladies!! where is everyone?? hope you guys are enjoying life.

Theresa, hope your uncle is doing well.

Henri, let us know when Joe finds out where he got accepted.

I on the road to LA to' pick up my sil, she lives with us, but was staying with her older brother. I might have mentioned this before.

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

Joe is in limbo right now. His college has almost all been on pell grant so far - we haven't had to pay a penny for classes.

However, this past year, he maxed out something so anything pell grant doesn't pay, vocational rehab does. They pay for books too.

For the last semester, there was a bookkeeping glitch - no more available money for the past semester from pell grant and it appears vocational rehab didn't send the check.

The college he just got his AA from will not forward transcripts anywhere until vocational rehab sends the check. Without that, he can't be accepted anywhere so he has been on the phone with vocational rehab to make sure the check is being cut and sent.

Then Ringling and University of Florida can let him know, although for digital media, Ringling is a better career choice and I think he has just about made up his mind that is where he wants to go for his bachelors. Disney, Pixar and places like that hire all their interns from Ringling and the hiring rate is phenomenal at Disney and other studios out of Ringling.

When he was 17 and talked to human resources at Disney (then it was his dream job - now, not so much), they told him to get into Ringling. They hired the majority of their artists from Ringling in Sarasota.

Right now they are filming a lot of Walking Dead in south Georgia and loads of Ringling graduates have been hired for the digital media work on the show. All the effects are done digitally so that is more what job would enjoy I think.

He lost interest in drawing cartoons years ago - now he wants to work more in the media effects area.

tinacloer
Expert
tinacloer

Hi Ladies!!!

I hope that you are all doing well!

Nylene - It's good to see you back with us. Are you feeling well now? You were down for so long.

Theresa - I'm truly sorry about the loss of Uncle Charlie, I saw that he passed on FB. I hope that Ruby can recover, they were married for so long.

Henri - It sounds like Joe got some much deserved recognition at his graduation. I hope that he is able to get the bookkeeping stuff worked out quickly with VR so he can choose his next college and move forward.

I was out of town this week for 3 days and got back last night. I spoke at a child welfare conference for one session, but went to all 3 days. Most of my exec team from work went, it was really nice to get to spend some time with them outside the office. We played games, cards and visited a vineyard one evening, it was pretty relaxing.

I've started working on my LO's for the NSD challenges. I got some photos printed and plan on getting several of them done tomorrow. I didn't feel very creative today, so I've knocked off a novel and a half today. It's been rainy and gloomy out, so I parked myself on the couch and read most of the day, which I love to do.

Take care sweet ladies! Post your NSD LO's when you get them done.

Tina

Edited by tinacloer on 05-07-17 03:38 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

t-towngirl
Mayor
t-towngirl
In response to tinacloer

Tina, that sounds wonderful! I finished a book a couple of weeks ago, so that is a big accomplishment for me, then started a new book and have not picked it up again.

I am sorry to hear about Charlie, no wonder Theresa has not been on here.

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

The day started out interesting... You know the old saying - a Boy and his Toys...

Well, last week my husband bought a fully decked out police car at a government auction. I can't believe they let anyone in the general public buy it like that. Has marking all over it that say "Transportation Security Administration" which is TSA. It is marked on both sides and back with K-9 unit and Bomb Detection. It is like new - perfect shiny new white Crown Vic with the police car markings - very obvious.

No light bar on top, but never had one. However, it has the strobe flashing light system in both front grill and back like any other police car. Has all the other bells and whistles, the broadcast thing you see them use in police tv shows and movies.

Has the police dog cage in the back.

One thing I didn't know they were equipped with - there is an alarm that is tied in to the temperature of the car. Because the police dogs spend much of a day in the cage in the car while the officers are away, there is a temperature alarm and if the car gets too hot to be comfortable for the dogs, the alarms go off. All kinds of alarms and horn honking. That is to save the lives of the police dogs and make sure the car stays cool enough for them.

I freaked when I saw it, just imagining what he spent for it but two of them went for $1,500 each. The car is in perfect running condition - needed a battery.

The auction said they had been sitting and were guaranteed to run - they didn't know if they were operable. New battery - its perfect.

We own several rental houses and Bill puts it at the different rentals at night to deter vandalism or break-ins. We have one 2 blocks from here which is vacant - renters will move in next weekend so the police car will stay there this week.

Bill has gone there now - the neighbors called - the alarm went off on the police car and alarms and things are going off and the horn is honking! Fortunately its 11:45 in the daytime and not at night!

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

Bill got the alarms turned off. What happened - last night some of Joe's friends were over and they were playing with the gadgets in the police car - lights and things. They turned one switch which didn't appear to do anything to they forgot to turn that one back into the off position. It was the dog alarm.

It was fine last night while it was cool - and all night last night when it was cool.

Then this morning it started getting warmer and when it reached a certain temp - the do alarm went off. The next door neighbor called the police and when Bill got there the police were also there.

They officer asked Bill how long he had worked for TSA - he was thinking of putting an application in. Bill told him he didn't work for TSA - he just bought the car.

The cop couldn't believe it, loved it. Bill said before he left, the cop was on the government auction site trying to see if he could find one being auctioned and buy it!

Anyone who knows us knows Bill is a great big kid. He is into everything and loves to buy stupid stuff at auctions. One time he bought a 150' barge and then couldn't dock it at any marinas because if weather got bad, it would wipe out all the other boats around it. It had a research building on it from some branch of the government. He finally sold it to a research place that will use it for research.

One night he looked at me and said, "I got it". Those words scare me.

He had bought a half million bottles of Zephr Hills bottled water. He sold it - don't know if he made a profit because he had to hire people to move it and had to buy a cheap forklift which he broke and hasn't been able to resell. The water sold in about 2 months. I really don't know if he made any money, but he had a good time. Our garage was flor to ceiling with water, his sisters rental house and garage were full of it (it was not rented at the time) and 3 of our rental properties were covered with stacks of pallets of water! Water everywhere for a couple months. Fortunately, convenience stores bought it within a few months and he paid people to help deliver it.

This was 11 full-sized 18-wheeler truck loads of water that showed up at our house!

Big kid.

tinacloer
Expert
tinacloer

Henri - your hubby sounds like he has a good sense of humor! Half a million bottles of water is A LOT! Too funny on the TSA car too!

We have torrential downpours going on again this morning, it stormed all night too. It has done nothing but rain for the last week and a half. I think we are going to need an ark soon...lol. We should have lots of pretty May flowers when this rain finally ends.

I'm thinking that I'm going to work from home today. I need to write a speech and I can do that from here. I have to speak at a fashion show fundraiser tomorrow. I also have a reception to go to for a grant we are finalists for, so I will be doing lots of socializing tomorrow.

I got one of my NSD LO's done, I still have a bunch to work on. Here it is:

NSD Embellishment challenge - Let the fun begin! By Tinacloer

Hope you all have a happy day!

Tina

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean
In response to tinacloer

Beautiful layout Tina. I admire the pretty layouts with the gesso and different mediums. When I try something like that - I just make a mess. I just don't have an artistic or creative bone in my body.

The paper trimmer layouts I'm working on are for my mothers 12 x 12 scrapbook cookbook, for travel I've switched to digital. That keeps my hands in both because I love them both.

Here are the ones I posted yesterday - not going to post all my travel layouts here because there are just too many - its overwhelming, but I will post the ones that I put in the gallery yesterday to show you what I do and from time to time I'll plop one here.

I just finished scrapping Civitavecchia, Italy, which is the port city for Rome. This was a 2 month cruise and had ports nearly every day so each port starts with the layout with the date, the porthole with a picture of us in that port and then a little about the start of the day at the bottom. The second page of each port is an introductory page, a map if I have one, and is also in red and tan.

Then the third page of each port is completely different for each port, and different from the first two pages of each port. That is where I have to actually pick papers and do something!

Here is Civitavecchia - the porthole title page is working well throughout this series of books. I'm happy with it anyway!

Page 316 - Volume Scrapping By Henri Jean

Page 317 - Volume Scrapping By Henri Jean

Page 318 - Volume Scrapping By Henri Jean

Page 319 - Volume Scrapping By Henri Jean

My style includes a lot of journaling for travel layouts. That is really important to me on my travel layouts. I like to add a bit of research about what is in the picture so I will remember, as well as what we are doing and sometimes, even my thoughts about something. When my grandkids get these books, I want them to feel like they are on these trips with us!

For pictures of the grandkids that we receive in texts - I don't journal on those because I really don't know what is going on - I wasn't there. But for my travel - I tell the story as we go.

Theresa TSC
Expert
Theresa TSC

Greetings one and all from the sunny beach on Okaloosa Island in Fort Walton Beach, FL. Randy and I are on a much needed vacation and plan to do nothing all week but sit and soak up the sun.

Uncle Charlie went from doing great Sunday before last to reverting back to bad on Monday. He passed away last Tuesday morning and I was at his side when he went. Last week was horrible to say the least. Aunt Joyce is pitiful. They were together for 56 years, married for 51 of them. She totally fell apart, denied he was dying until he did so wasn't prepared at all. I spent almost every minute running between the hospital, their house for their little dog or transporting Joyce back and forth and trying to work. Even tried to sleep at the hospital which didn't work out. We're all exhausted mentally and physically. Almost cancelled the trip to Florida. We've had the condo reserved for months but we did take out the insurance so we wouldn't have lost our money. Joyce had a fit and refused to let us. Tried to talk her into coming with us but she said their dog couldn't take being abandoned by her too. We decided her support group would be better this week, people do rally around the widow for a week or two before dwindling back with their own lives. My cousin Becky is trying to take my place with her this week but I'm still calling her a couple of times a day. Please keep her in your prayers, going to be tough on her.

Have read through the posts but apologize for not commenting on everything. Do want to say how awesome it is for Joe to have such a turn around! And Nylene, hope you're better soon!

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

Theresa, I'm glad you went to the beach. Sounds like it was a very much-needed vacation. You've been through a very tough time and need to catch your breath - and what better place to recharge than at the beach?

I am so sorry about your Uncle Charlie. As long as he and Joyce were married, you can understand her have such a difficult time.

I don't know how you kept up with all your were doing, but her support group will be good for her and it sounds like you definitely need time away now.

Hope you enjoy the beach and your vacation!

t-towngirl
Mayor
t-towngirl

Theresa, glad you went on vacation. You will feel so much better when you get back to your normal life. Hope, your aunt starts feeling better soon. 56 years to be with someone is a life time.
Tina, good luck on your speech, and have fun at reception Miss Social Butterfly.

Have been so busy the last two days.

Going out o dinner with friends tonight, I am really looking forward to that.

Our weather has been so crazy! It got into the 90's and now is back in the 50's.

My son flew from LAX to Vegas on Sunday ( an hour's flight)
They got close to Vegas and could not land because of thunderstorms, circle around for a while, then they closed the airport to all traffic, so they flew them back to Ontario, and they sat on the plane for 3 and half hours until he could fly again. It took him 6 hours to get to Vegas. Even with LA's crazy traffic, he could had been there sooner if he had driven.

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

Flying is a nice easy way to travel (once you get past the airports, which have become a pain-in-the-neck), but if there are complications, like the weather conditions your son had to deal with - this flying is horrible.

t-towngirl
Mayor
t-towngirl

You what's funny? I hate to fly, I do it because I have no other choice, but really don't like it.

I was laughing at Bill's story. Good thing the car ended in good hands, but can you imagine if a dishonest person would have gotten it?

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

I like take off and love landing - but hate the time up in the air because I get restless and feel like I'm in a sardine can. But, if we are going a long way, its the easiest.

I was shocked they would sell a marked police car with all the TSA markings and lights and effects and bullhorn and everything.

Bill asked them if they would be careful taking the markings off so it wouldn't hurt the paint job and they told him it wasn't their job to remove the markings. He could leave some of them on but to take off the TSA. He hasn't yet and if no one says anything, I doubt he will.

You would think the gov't would have removed it.

tinacloer
Expert
tinacloer

Happy Friday ladies!!! This week has flown by for me, it's crazy how fast my days fly by sometimes. Mallory is coming home to visit from college tonight. Since it is Ron's birthday tomorrow and Mother's Day on Sunday, I guess she decided to spend the weekend with us. I was kind of surprised that she chose to come home on her last weekend at college before summer break, but thought it was sweet.

We are also getting ready for Olivia to move out into her first apartment. She and two friends are moving in together in June. Her IT sales job is going well and she's been really responsible with her money in the year since she got out of college, so I think she's pretty well situated to go out on her own. It will be really weird having one less person here. She's moving to the opposite side of Indianapolis, so she will be about 30 minutes away.

Henri - I love your travel LO's! It's awesome that you put so much information on them. I stink at the whole journaling thing, so I'm impressed with yours.

Theresa - I hope that you are having a wonderful vacation! I'm really glad that you went, you've been doing so much caretaking and I know how much that can take out of you. Enjoy the beach!

Bianca - Hi! Is there anything fun going on your way?

Have a wonderful day ladies

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean
In response to tinacloer

Thank you Tina. I really enjoying the journaling. My oldest son wants my scrapbooks some day and when he gets them, I want him to know the story behind each picture and each place we visited. Even now when he looks at my books, he reads every page and then say, "Oh-Ok" because then he understands what is happening in the picture. I love to see him read my journaling and laugh out our silly stories. Sometimes he will start laughing and say, "I can't believe Bill did this!"

My husband is so full of funny antics and they love to read about, "What has Bill done now?" So important for me to record the funny moments in life.

I'm old. I'm retired so I have a lot more time than I did when I was part of the busy working world and spending every day running around showing houses.

I just started book 50 a few days ago. 4 more travel books and 1 more family book and I'm caught up! However, not quite that easy - they are digital so they are average 100 pages each.

How sweet to have your daughter home for mother's day! That really is special. What a very wonderful surprise for you!

We have one that lives on our property - that is Joe. Because of all his seizures we had a house built for him next to our house and garage. We decided that he was just too old to have a bedroom in our house - he needed more independence than that and we have an intercom between the houses.

Now that he doesn't have seizures anymore and doesn't take meds anymore, he's back in school - just got his AA 2 weeks ago and he is having to decide between two schools for his BA. University of FL and Ringling School of Art and Design in Tampa. IF he goes to University of FL he will live in his house and drive 35 miles each way. If he goes to Ringling, he will have to move to Sarasota in the next month or two.

Unfortunately for us, he's leaning towards Ringling and for his chosen career (digital media), it may be a better decision.

Bill's daughter called last night - she's visiting her mom for mother's day with the two granddaughters and ended up in the hospital. She thought it was appendicitis but turns out toe be a gall bladder full of stones - they are taking it first thing this morning but she's fine. She's mid 30's with one a four year old and one almost 2.

Oddly enough, we have been watching military hops and had planned to jump on a plane to go to San Diego in the next couple days to see her, but guess we will let her recuperate at her mom's in San Jose - then we will head for California. From there we will either take a cruise somewhere or just get on a military plane and go overseas. No idea where - just wherever the planes are going.

Blanca - hope your dinner out with friends was fun!

Theresa - hope you are really enjoying your vacation. I also hope Joyce is doing better. I remember when daddy died - my parents had been married for 49 years and it was so hard on mom. Don't know how she would have gotten through it without her faith. Don't know how any of us would have. We would have of course, but would have been so much more difficult.

t-towngirl
Mayor
t-towngirl

Hola my chatty friends.

Henri, in 2011 my daughter invited us over for dinner to celebrate my birthday. Went home, and about 1:00 am I woke up and was in so much pain. I ended having an emergency gallbladder surgery. That is so painful. The dr said I had an infection and he could either give antibiotics and send me on my way or have surgery. I opted for the surgery, I did not want that to happen when I was on a trip.

Wishing all of you a Happy Mother's day!

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

I understand exactly what you mean Blanca. Bill and I were on a 70 day cruise and were off the coast of Russia when my gall bladder went out. On top of that- we were having extremely rough seas.

Bill went to the hot tub and within 5 minutes I got a pain so bad it felt like a knife. I couldn't get Bill by phone so I went down to the clinic and they told me it was gall bladder and gave me shots that numbed the pain. Diloudid is phonetic but I have no idea how to spell it.

Anyway, they told me they couldn't do anything else for me on the ship. If I wasn't better by morning, I would be airlifted by helicopter and taken to Russia. Surgery is not recommended in the port the helicopter would have taken me to, so from there they would have airlifted me to South Korea for surgery.

By the grace of God, I was fine by morning but was careful with everything I ate - no butter or ice cream or anything with fat in it. When I got home, I had my gall bladder out immediately! The nurse on the ship checked in with me constantly too and made sure I didn't have symptoms again and wasn't telling them - but I didn't have any more pain on the ship after that.

So glad my gall bladder is gone!

Bill's daughter is fine - she's at her mom's now.

toni-n-tn
Diva
toni-n-tn

morning all...

Happy Mother's Day!

I loved reading all your little stories...Can't comment on
all of them, but glad to hear all is well with everyone,
and prayers for Aunt Joyce (it's almost like she's my aunt.
too). Love that Mallory is coming home for the weekend;
hard to believe a years gone by already! Great news to hear about Joe; Congratulations to him! Haven't seen
Nylene around so hoping all is well with her. Going back to look at all your beautiful pages.

It's been crazy busy here...we had inventory at Joanns and spent almost a week getting ready for it, and we're
still cleaning up after it...madness, I'm telling you. And school ends this coming Wednesday, and I'm running around crazy trying to get things together for the kids and our teacher by then. And of course I work at Joanns Monday and Tuesday nights...sigh. All is good though.
I am going to work the extended school year this year.
We've never had it at our school before, and when they
offered it to me, and the pay, it was too good to pass up.

Joanns offered me a full time position, so someone is leaving, but not sure who...we only have about 10 full time positions in our store. Not sure I'm going to take it, although I have no idea what school will bring next year,
and I know things will be changing again. If I could afford to just work at Joanns I would jump at the chance, but I still need the two incomes...I'll find out more and make a final decision near the end of May. Mind you, I love the kids, but sometimes my immediate teacher makes things pretty stressful. And this particular job is not the one I did for 13 years before, so it's a little different for me, and
sometimes not so gratifying as the one before.

Anyway, time to go play with the little granddaughter

Have a wonderful day.

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean
In response to toni-n-tn

Happy Mothers Day to you too Toni! (And everyone else too!)

Joann's seems like it would be a good place to work and a good place to spend my paychecks! I'm not sure any of my paychecks would ever leave the store!

It sounds like you have time to reach a decision whether ot not to take full time. I know you will make the right decision for you and your family. It is always nice to have options!

I've known a lot of people who work, or have worked in retail, and they always talk about sale days and what a mess it is to get the store back in order. Absolutely crazy and exhausting!

We were going to go out to eat tomorrow but Bill has a colonoscopy scheduled for tomorrow so no food for him today. I'm not dragging him out to dinner. His whole side of the family is going to Carrabba's and they called and invited us but I told them I was not going to go and subject Bill to the smell of food and watching everyone else eat while he's starving and can only have clear liquids.

I'm taking a raincheck.

t-towngirl
Mayor
t-towngirl

Hi Toni, nice to see you. I would like a part time just to get out of the house, but I agree with Henri, I would leave my paycheck there.

Henri, glad your step daughter is home. I don't blame you for not wanting to go out to dinner.

I need to get a mammogram and keep putting off. The doctor's office called me so I better get it done.

Hope everyone had a great mother's day. My son and the gypsy boys came to visit and we went out to lunch.

Hi Tina. Theresa and Nylene.

Theresa TSC
Expert
Theresa TSC

Happy birthday Nylene!!!!!!

toni-n-tn
Diva
toni-n-tn

Oh, Theresa, it's so nice that you remember her birthday!

Happy Birthday, Nylene! Hope you spend it with
loved ones, and enjoy it tremendously.

I did a layout for Creative Inspiration as a Guest
Designer so I'm going to use that as one of the
challenges here since I hadn't scrapped since oh, I
don't know, some time in April, LOL.

It's summer time here - no school for two weeks - came
home and just totally crashed, felt like the whole year just
came tumbling down. Good to wake up and Know I don't have to rush to get to school

Anyway, hope everyone has a wonderful day.

PS...I do spend some of my paycheck at Joanns for sure, but when I need a quick present for a wedding, or for a friend, or something, boy, do I luck out without having to run around like crazy

Edited by toni-n-tn on 05-18-17 05:41 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean
In response to toni-n-tn

Enjoy your two week break Toni - just chill, relax, scrap, and enjoy your down time!

t-towngirl
Mayor
t-towngirl

Good morning ladies! Thank God the sun is out today. We were completely fogged in yesterday. I am ready for summer.

Toni, enjoy your time off. Looking forward to your lo.

Started re organizing my scrap closet, and had to put it all back because I got company. I don't like that I have to get everything out just to find one paper. I waste a lot of time that way. I need to figure out how to be more productive.

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

Summer is here in Florida. Too hot to do anything in the afternoon and the pool is night quite warm enough - cools down at night so much.

I walked outside on the driveway yesterday and nearly fried the bottoms of my feet.

Its hot! The grass is turning brown and crispy from the heat.

Theresa TSC
Expert
Theresa TSC

Toni, it would have been nicer if I'd remembered her birthday in time to mail her a card!

Nylene, where are you? I sure hope you're not sick again.

Been super busy here all week. Aunt Joyce is pitiful and between getting swamped with new clients (I was off almost two weeks and we had another care manager quit so I got 5 of hers) and trying to get Joyce settled I'm exhausted. Ended up getting assigned 11 new clients this week (usually only get 2 at the most) and had to try and work them in with my others. I was able to move three of them to next week and one to the week after due to stuff going on in their lives so that helped but geesh! (I'm an RN care manager working with Humana at Home patients so I travel to three counties to see them.)

REALLY hot here yesterday, 88 but felt like 95 and it's just May. Melting would be a good description, could literally see the air it was so humid. We're so doomed by the time July and August get here.

Have a graduation open house to go to today, sweet young lady--one of my scrapping buddies daughters who also turned into a scrapping buddy herself. I made her a 12x12 album, know she could do it herself but wanted something easy she could just pop photos in at college. (Used an SEI kit I had for awhile that finally came in handy.) Also made a 8x8 album for another gal from church. The youth minister posted names at the first of the school year and asked willing people to pick one off the board and pray for them during the year, I got hers. I made her the album to let her know. She's another wonderful young lady, had her in my 4 year old Sunday School class what seems like yesterday!

Also supposed to go to my great niece's first birthday party this afternoon. Haven't made her card yet so have to get busy!

Have a great weekend all.

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

Its hot here too. We are having a garage sale today - I went out to help and last 5 minutes. July and August are going to be unbearable!

In those months, my husband does 5 minutes of yardwork, jumps in the pool for 5 minutes, works some more - back in the pool. Sometimes 4 or 5 times a day. He couldn't work outside without the pool to cool off constantly!

Then in the late afternoon we both go in for a while in June, July and August, sometimes September.

I love the idea for your church group taking students to pray for. What a great idea! And to make an album for her was an awesome gift on your part!

That would be a good idea for service men and women too - they need all the prayers they can get!

tinacloer
Expert
tinacloer

Good morning sweet ladies!

I hope that you all had a nice weekend! I turned 50 on Saturday, so we did some celebrating this weekend. My staff at work decorated my office and made me breakfast on Friday. It was super sweet. They gave me 50 cards and hung 50 photos of me from balloons in my office. I was super surprised. I'd stopped and bought a ton of donuts on my way into work to give to them, so we had LOTS of food for breakfast.

My hubby got me tickets to the Train and OAR concert as my gift. I'm excited about that, it should be fun. The concert is next month. All in all, the peeps in my life made my birthday really happy.

Toni - Enjoy your 2 week break from school! I really wish Larry could help you more with the finances so that you don't have to work a second job. You've been doing that for so long. It would be nice if you didn't have to work so much.

Well, I need to get moving, I haven't started getting ready for work yet. Have a great day ladies!

Tina

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean
In response to tinacloer

Good morning - looks like its gong to be a pretty day today.

Your birthday sounds like it was perfect Tina - how sweet of everyone at work to make it such a special one for you. The 50th is very special!

And now, you have the concert to look forward to!

We are weird - we eat sandwiches for breakfasts most morning - grilled ham and cheese, rare Boar's Head Roast Beef, tuna fish, sometimes hot dogs. I don't know why.

Once in a while I make a real breakfast but for the most part, we like something that is easy to eat at our desks while we check email and boards.

Then for dinner we sit down at the table and eat.

So this morning it is a nice rare Boar's Head roast beef sandwich.

Toni - are you enjoying your school-free 2 weeks?

We are getting ready to take off again in the next two weeks. No plans are solid, we don't make plans until the last minute. But, we haven't seen Bill's daughter in California (and the two granddaughters there) in over a year so we need to do that.

Tentative plan now is to jump on a military plane to San Diego the first week of June - whenever there is one going that way. (She is going on vacation and won't be home until June 4th).

Also, if we are going to west coast, we will probably go on an Alaska cruise at the same time after a few days with the family. We love the Alaska cruise and this is the time for them.

We took a 2 month cruise last fall through the Mediterranean and Holy Lands. The only cruise this year was a week in the Dominican Republic in January.

My husband is getting very itchy to get back on a ship again. I love being at home. I'm happy at home - I'm happy when we are travelling. He's the one that gets itchy to go.

Nylene motherbambi
Mayor
Nylene motherbambi

Thank you all for the Birthday wishes. Happy Belated Birthday to you, too, Tina! It sounds like your family really made a big deal of it.

My birthday is always back to back with Mother's Day so we usually celebrate the two together.
I somehow managed to start in with bronchitis, sinusitis and a deep cough again that week. I spent both days in bed! Not the way I wanted to celebrate, but I needed the rest. I am waiting for a call back from my Dr. today. He said if I wasn't considerably better today, he wanted to know. I am not worse, but not better. Enough griping!

I have loved catching your projects in the gallery. I am slow getting to them, but eventually I think I catch them all. I have only done one layout this month. I have one started but just don't seem to feel like sitting and working.

Our very first grandchild, Megan, got married on Saturday. They were married early in the morning, then had a nice brunch and we helped set up for the reception. IT was really nice. My brother cut a trip short and flew in from Argentina to be here for the reception. It was a very long day by the time we got home at 10 pm, but it was a very sweet day!

Toni, how cool that you got to be a Guest Designer! I love all the little touches that you add to your layouts. I hope you enjoy your time off. Wish it could be all summer.

Henri, I am really enjoying your layouts. It's the closest I'll ever get to those exotic places. Keep them coming.

Theresa, it sounds like you are very busy with clients. I'm sure they love seeing and visiting with you when you arrive. How sweet of you to make a graduation album for your scrappy friend.

Blanca, I just saw that you had a May birthday too. Happy Belated! I'm sorry you had to have emergency GB surgery. How are you doing since?

I know there were other things I wanted to talk about, but they have slipped out of my aging brain.
Have a great week, everyone. I will try to get here more often.

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

I'm sorry you aren't getting over all this cruddy stuff Nylene! Glad that you are worse, but not glad that you are better either!

When I used to have allergy attacks I got sinusitis a couple times a year and it was hard to knock out! The spring used to be the worst time of year for me - I seemed to spend most of it in bed with sinus issues and allergies.

Thank you for the compliments on my layouts! I really do feel like I'm boring everyone to death with all the history and the details of our day when we travel.

I know what you mean - I have an aging brain too and things slip out!

toni-n-tn
Diva
toni-n-tn

Oh, Tina, you turned 50? I'm still thinking you're in your late 30's Happy 'belated' Birthday! I know I left a message on your FB, too, and that's when I realized I had missed it...but didn't know it was the big 5-0! You look fabulous, girl.

Well, Larry has retired early as of last December, but for 7 years I supported everyone so needless to say I got myself in debt a little, plus we are trying to redo some of the house that is in dire need. I really want to keep working at Joanns, even after I retire, and I would love to be able to leave the school job as its quite stressful these days, but Joanns couldn't pay me what I make at both of them, so I'll be doing both for a while - I'm hoping my knee will let me last that long, LOL. But thanks for the kind words. He's (Larry) come a long way since Steven's passing, and he's really, really aged tremendously. But so have I, especially the last couple of years.
Sorry for TMI, girls.

Nylene - feel better, and soon. I hate that your birthday falls around Mother's Day ... you should be able to celebrate both days because you deserve it.
You should be spoiled rotten always Congratulations on your DGD's wedding. It sounds like it was lovely.

Henri - Don't worry about boring us with places most of us would never be able to go to so we will live vicariously through you (at least I will :)).

Theresa - I hope Aunt Joyce is doing okay. You sound like you're running around a lot. Take care or you'll be sick again, too. How are the little girls doing? They're just adorable.

Well, I better go iron or I'll be sorry I didn't...it's time to pull out the capris for work at Joanns because boy has it been hot!!!

I am enjoying my two weeks off...I've got to read, watch a couple of shows I've missed, played with Kaitlyn ( a lot)...I even cooked dinner the other night!
Haven't done that since Easter. I've made some cards with my Cricut - I seem to use it more for cards than anything - so I've been doing pretty much nothing exciting, LOL.

Sorry for the book...

Bless you all.

Edited by toni-n-tn on 05-22-17 07:34 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

t-towngirl
Mayor
t-towngirl
In response to toni-n-tn

Hello chatty friends!

Tina, happy belated birthday! Sounds like you had a great time celebrating with family and co workers (well, they are extended family seems like,)

Nyleene, sorry you had to spend your birthday and mother's day in bed. Hopefully, you will start feeling better soon.
My surgery was a few years ago. I am fine, with the exception of the scar, he just did not do a good job.

Theresa, what a nice idea of praying for a child. I agree with Henri, they should do the same thing with the military. Hope your aunt finds peace. It must be really hard for her.

Toni, seems like the houses are a never ending thing. We are still trying to finish the house. We are totally redoing the house. And when I say we, I mean we: my husband and I. We are almost done. He just needs to gut the front bathroom and install a walk in shower. We are getting to old for a tub. I need to refinish the kitchen cabinets, then we get the new floor installed and we will be done. We have saved a lot of money by doing the work ourselves. But it's a lot of work, and it takes a lot of time. I just want to be done.

Glad you got to read and play with your granddaughter. I love spending time with my babies.

My son wants me to come down in June to watch the kids for him, so he can take a much deserved weekend away.

It was so nice to hear from everyone.

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

Good morning! I'm not usually up this early, but wanted to pop in and say hello.

Toni - I hope you are enjoying every minute of your weeks off!

t-towngirl
Mayor
t-towngirl

Hey ladies, stopping to say hello. Have not been here in a while. I can believe how crazy life can get sometimes.

Ran errands yesterday after dh doctor's appointment, then went to the hospital to visit my neighbor who was having surgery. Well, she was still in surgery when we got there, but kept her husband and kids company.

Hope everyone has a wonderful memorial weekend!

Theresa TSC
Expert
Theresa TSC

Popping on to say hi. I've been slammed at work, lots of new clients--so busy! Aunt Joyce is also still driving me to drink. Hoping that gets better soon. Have to go to court with her Thursday to probate Charlie's estate (long story, shouldn't be happening but he just has his truck in his name). Went out with friends for dinner last night and it was a nice break. Had more lawn tractor issues today so didn't get the yard mowed but was able to finish some work stuff so all's good. Have to take a test in August to get some additional certification so got all that squared away, now just to find time to study so all the money on the test doesn't go to waste. That's about it for me!

Happy Memorial Day all. Going to turn the computer off and turn on a Hallmark move and escape!

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

Just popping in to say hello. Not a whole lot going on, things are pretty quiet but just wanted to check in on everyone.

toni-n-tn
Diva
toni-n-tn

hey all...

just wanted to stop by and let you know I hadn't fallen off the face of the Earth, LOL.
All is well. Been enjoying the time off . Scrapped a little and that's always a good thing. Watched a few movies and some series my Dd said I should watch.
Larry and I went to the movies over the weekend...
haven't done that in a very long time...we even did the whole IMAX thing. It was fun. It was good for us to just get out.
Of course I spend a lot of my day with Kaitlyn. And that is always a good thing.

Anyway, just wanted to say hi. Monday starts school again, so I'll be around fleetingly again.

Take care everyone.

tinacloer
Expert
tinacloer
In response to toni-n-tn

Good morning sweet ladies! Happy Wednesday! I hope that you all are having a good week.

We had a busy Memorial weekend. We did lots of fun stuff. I spent Saturday gardening and then went to my first Indy 500 race on Sunday. I'd honestly never wanted to go, but someone from work gave me tickets, so I went. It was such a beautiful day and I liked the race. It ended up being a really nice day. We also had friends over for a cook out on Monday. We hadn't seen them in forever, so it was good to see them. I love cooking for people and entertaining, so having people over always makes me happy.

Mallory is home from college and school ended for Grif last Friday, so everyone is home for a little bit. Olivia is 2 weeks from moving out into her first apartment. I'm excited for her, she is ready to begin "adulting". It will be really weird for the rest of us though. Mallory is going to be working at the Indy Zoo this summer in the horticulture department. She gets to do gardening in the exhibits, so she is looking forward to starting that job and Grif has already hit the library to get his first giant stack of books for the summer. He loves to read and is excited to not be in school.

Theresa - I hope that Joyce is able to adjust to being without Charlie, I'm sure that is really hard for her. Hope you work gets settled down too. It sounds like you are crazy busy.

Toni - I'm glad that you've gotten to relax a little during your school break. It sounds like you've gotten to do some things that make you happy.

Hi Henri and Bianca!!!

Well, I should get ready for work...boo hiss!

Tina

Theresa TSC
Expert
Theresa TSC
In response to tinacloer

Tina, it just seems so crazy to read about the girls and think they are old enough to be adults!!! Also really funny that you've never been to the race living in Indy. I'm not a racing fan either though so I can see it. Have only been to a couple of real horse races and live in Kentucky, LOL, so don't even like those kind of races. Thanks for asking about Joyce, she still is not doing great. Guess she's getting better though because she only called me five times yesterday. She breaks down and cries at the weirdest times and I get that. Yesterday she was picking up sticks in her yard, a neighbor saw her, came over and made her sit down and finished for her (she pays someone to mow, he needs to do that not her but busy work keeps her mind going I guess). We have to go to probate court in the morning because the truck wasn't in both their names. Then we'll get to selling their car and truck and finding something she feels safe in.

Toni, I'm forgetful these days, Kaitlyn belongs to Megan correct? She looks so much like her, just adorable. We're going to Lexington Sat/Sun to see my baby grands, can't wait! So much joy in little bodies.

Told work I wasn't taking any new clients this week, not sure they'll comply but we'll see. Still have two more to do from the last batch so hopefully they'll listen. My brother came over and fixed my mower again. The jackshaft (holds the pulley that turns the blades) had to be replaced. The pulley he changed Saturday stripped again and he finally figured out what the problem was. Another $50 in parts but the mower worked great and I finally got it mowed. Didn't get my notes done yesterday from work but a gal has to have priorities!

Hi Henri!

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

Good morning everyone!

For anyone who sees Terri (pink Spoonbill) on the boards - they have been our houseguests for just over a week and we are loving every minute we have them here.

They moved from Alaska and purchased a house here - about 10-15 minutes form us. However, they are now doing the heavy cleaning and getting it ready - their bed will be delivered June 7th.

They spent the month of February with us (first time we had met except through the boards) and it was great! Our husbands have so much in common and so do Terri and I. Plus, the guys are both military retirees with 20 years and were police officers (Bill during college and for a short while after the army) and Tom for 22 years as an Alaska state trooper.

Needless to say, the 4 of us never run out of things to talk about.

Bill said it was really good with him and Tom - they were together for a month telling army stories and didn't reach the point where either one of them had to start making up stuff.

Anyway, they are here permanently now and we are thrilled.

We have an old 80's style home - started out 3 bedrooms and somewhere down the line someone decided the bedroom between the kitchen and master bedroom should be eliminated and it should be open to join the small dining room to make a big room. Previous owners used it as a family room but I find it perfect for my huge dining room table.

But - that leaves us with a two bedroom house - master bedroom and craft room/office for us.

Oh - somewhere down the line of previous owners, someone thought it needed a 19 1/2 foot x 19 1/2 foot master bath. We love that!

Then somewhere else down the line of previous line of owners, someone decided it needed a pool. Thank you, whoever did that. Those owners also did a great thing by adding a 20 x 15 approx. pool changing room that connects to the side of the garage with the only doors going out to the pool - actually exits into the patio which is all covered by pool dome.

Our idea was to take out the windows on the front of the changing room and add French doors that open onto the driveway (still has French door on the other side to the pool). Its one big room with private bath and closet - I turned it intno our guest house its just like a small hotel room with no accessibility to our house from inside which makes it 100% private.

(I was told another previous owner used it for an art studio and another used it as a one-room apartment for her grown son.

When we have guests, they come and go and we never know it. My mom says she can take a shower and no one has to know - its completely private.

The guest house is decorated very tropical with lots of Hawaii stuff. The big wall over the bed has 22 (I think) framed scrapbook layouts of Hawaii - and then Tropical ferns and things on the bedspread.

My husband is a license plate collector (very serious - he and his brother have about a million and they have a good business selling them too).

Anyway, I have a little license plate collection and in the bedroom part of the guest house, I have brand new license plates, never been on a car, for Tropical and Caribbean islands - Aruba, Haito, Carusao, St. Martin, St. Thomes, Yap (Micronesia), American Samoa and more. Bill brought me a new Puerto Rico yesterday that I really wanted!

I have a collection of 6 or 8 different Hawaii license plates in the guest house bathroom - I really love it.

Then when my son was having difficulties with his seizures and we needed him near us, but he was too old to live in a bedroom of our house, we built a 1,200 sq. ft apartment for him with intercoms between his house, guest house and our house. Its worked well!

But we live in the original house - the old 2 bedroom part.

Its an odd set up but it works for us.

But my point in this dissertation - we can have company for a month and no one steps on anyone's toes. You see each other when you want too, but no one feel obligated to spend every minute together, just when you want to. So we can have long-term company and its fun!

I think the 4 of us are going to get together for dinner tonight. Last night we didn't. But I love the time the 4 of us do spend together!

Nylene motherbambi
Mayor
Nylene motherbambi

I just have a minute but wanted to check in. I am finally feeling better. Only the deep cough remains. I am anxious to get busy in my scraproom.

I am preparing for Cousin Camp in June. Sammie, (10) called and asked if I could make cute invitations and mail to each of the cousins. She even had the image of the little fox she wanted on it. (theme is animals) So that's what I did yesterday. She is such an organizer. She has Face Timed with me several times to go over the agenda and add her suggestions. The good thing is that she is so delightful that the 16 year old cousins go along with her ideas and do younger-type things that they wouldn't normally enjoy.

DH has been preparing for woodworking projects for the boys while the girls do things with me. We will have a 3 year old and a 4 year old who will just stay part of the time. They aren't invited to sleep over! LOL

Theresa, somewhere I missed that Uncle Charlie had passed away. I am so sorry. I know how close you have been to him.
Prayers for Aunt Joyce. I'm sure she is struggling. Hugs to you, too.

I need to run, but wanted to let you know I am alive. I'll try to check in more regularly.

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

I am so glad you are feeling better! I know the caught is annoying - I hate the deep cough, but at least you are getting over it!

I love the idea of Cousin Camp. Sammie sounds like a little girl after my own heart! I love organizing so much. I can be happy doing nothing but organizing - that is my niche in life I think!

I actually love secretarial work and organizing offices!

How fantastic that your husband is preparing woodworking projects for the boys and what fun you will have with the girls! I just think the Cousins Camp is awesome on so many levels. Most important, it it great for the kids to be close to family and spend quality time together.

Wish we had thought of something like that when my kids were younger!

t-towngirl
Mayor
t-towngirl

Hello everyone! just wanted to make sure you knew I am still here. It's been a little crazy for me.

My gypsy boys came over for the holiday weekend and they had a great time "camping" in our back yard. My son pitched a tent and they slept there. We actually have a lot of open land behind out house, so it does feel like camping.

Nylene, glad you are feeling better. The cousins camp sounds like a lot of fun. We usually have family reunions every few years, but some of my cousins and I decided that it would be fun to just take a "cousin's trip" so we are scheduled to go on a Cruise to Mexico (again for me) in January. We are so excited! I think it's going to be so much fun. We always have fun when we are together.

Henri, do you take reservations? Just kidding, but I would love to have a little guest house just like that. I really comes in handy.

Tina, I love entertain, used to have my friends over all the time, but since we all retired, they have been moving out to different states, so I don't entertain as much. I mainly go out to dinner with the girls.

Theresa, do you need a drinking companion? I am sure I could help you out.

Toni, glad you enjoyed your vacation. Are you in year round school? I loved it when my kids were in year round school. I think is perfect for the kids.

Talk to you guys later.

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

The guest house was the best thing ever! We have company and no one steps on anyone's toes! And you don't feel joined at the hip with guests and they don't feel joined at the hip with us!

One of Joe's friends had it part of January, then Loey had it the rest of January.

Terri had it February and Loey had it a couple weeks in March. Then my mom had it for a while.

Tom and Terri have it how. Its great.

Now I can't imagine not having a tiny guest house.

Nylene motherbambi
Mayor
Nylene motherbambi

Henri, your guest house sounds wonderful. The perfect way to have guests. I'm sure you are a great entertainer too.

Blanca, your backyard camping sounds fun. As our grandchildren get older, I think we may have some sleep "out" for cousin camp.
Bedding down 7-9 extras gets tight.

I finished a page last night but still need to scan it. I will try to post tomorrow.

Have a nice weekend, everyone.

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

The guest house is very small - about the size of the smallest cruise ship cabin but the bed is comfortable and its clean and has a new shower. I haven't gotten any complaints yet.

However, doesn't work for more than 1 or 2 people.

Theresa TSC
Expert
Theresa TSC

Nylene, my cough lasted for three months and then came back so hopefully yours will go away faster. Thanks for the kind words about Charlie. Yes, he passed away May 2nd. It's been really tough. Still trying to get all the stuff you have to do after someone dies done. Had to go today to put in the order for his date of death to be engraved on the tombstone ($80--crazy for just the date, everything else is there). Joyce is pitiful, she calls me at least 5 times a day. I told Kate about your cousin camp because she wants my grands to be close to her siblings kids but I doubt her Mom will do it. Since her brother's kids are in Delaware and her sister's kids in North Carolina, she might just do one at her house for everyone. Since Jeremy's an only child they won't have any cousins from his side but I certainly plan on having fun activities when (if) they come spend time here!

Henri, I have no idea where Ocala FL is even located but I'll be happy to come anytime!!!

Headed to Lexington tomorrow to see the kids and Jeremy's new house, we've finally been given permission to come. Just staying til Sunday evening. Julianne is quite excited I was told today. She got her room painted purple and she wants to tell me all about meeting the princesses at Disney. Should be a fun two days.

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

Ocala is right in the middle of the state between Orlando (an hour away) and Jacksonville (an hour and a half away.

If we drive south for 4 1/2-5 hours - we are in Miami.

Its a tiny guesthouse but we love having company! And its very private.

Nylene motherbambi
Mayor
Nylene motherbambi

Theresa, I had to chuckle about being given permission to go visit. LOL. Sounds like things haven't totally changed.

I know you will do fun things with the girls. When we first started Cousin Camp it was just 4 girls and they called it Grandma Sleepover. Now that we coordinate with Anj's visits we have ALL the younger cousins and Sammie came up with the Cousin Camp name. For dinner every time we have Hobo (tinfoil) dinners, so they feel like they are camping. Easy to fix and they each build their own so they like what they put in.

I know your little girls will love being with you. You have such great children's activity ideas. I'm still following you on Pinterest.
Do they let you keep them overnight at your home?

I hope my cough doesn't last as long as yours. Wow! It is less each day. It has been 2 months now.

Waving hello to all of you Chatty Scrappers. Have a great weekend, everyone.

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

Good morning! The cousins camp sounds like so much fun! Wish we had done something like that.

Don't know that it would work now or I'd do it. The cousins are all in their 30's-40's - I think there is one cousin who is 21. Would have been so much fun when all the kids were younger.

t-towngirl
Mayor
t-towngirl

Hello my chatty friends. Henri, we are all in our 60's so the cruise will be our "first cousins cruise" some of us had gone on other trips together, but this time there is going to be a lot of us.

Well, we were sitting in the backyard listing to music and watching the elk in the distance, when I notice we had five deer on the side of the house. They stopped to look at us and continue on.

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

The first cousins cruise would be fun. I hate to admit it, but most of my first cousins - I haven't seen since my dad's funeral in 1993.

I have one first cousin I've never met. I don't think I've ever heard her name. I think she is still in high school.

Edited by Henri Jean on 06-04-17 06:03 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Nylene motherbambi
Mayor
Nylene motherbambi

Half of our grandchildren are over 16 so they aren't interested in Cousin Camp, but the little ones love it. I hope when they get older they will still get together (even when I'm gone). My oldest DD got all her cousins on my side together for a Cousin Dinner near the holidays. And most of them came to her daughter's wedding reception a couple of week ago. The cousins on the other side are scattered throughout the world, so it's a little harder.

Tina, you need to post your double page layout here. It is really cute. Toni, you have some you haven't posted here also.

Henri, if you don't want to post all your layouts, pick a few and add them to this thread. We learn a lot about each other from the layouts. I don't want to be the only one posting!
This is the first I have done since being sick. Feels great to be scrapping again.

Little Miss Organization By Nylene Motherbambi

Page 3 of 16 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics