Page 4 of 18 
Username Post: CHATTY SCRAPPERS        (Topic#1664413)
Theresa TSC
Expert
Theresa TSC
In response to Nylene motherbambi

No, Nylene, it hasn't changed as much as I had hoped but it's better than what it was. No, also to the can I keep the girls at my house. Not yet. Julianne (almost 3-1/2) has started asking to come by herself so maybe soon! Savannah (14 months) has also started to only let Nan (that is what she calls me right now instead of Nana) do things for her. For example, this weekend she wouldn't let Jeremy get her out of the stroller or high chair. Instead she closed her arms off to him and said No then raised to me. I LOVE it! However, it does come with a price. I'm SO SORE!!!!! Two kids wanting constant attention for two days. Took a muscle relaxer and was asleep 20 minutes after we got home Sunday night and went to bed at 8 last night!

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean
In response to Theresa TSC

I can imagine you were sore! Our granddaughters are 1 1/2, 4 and 5. My knees are so bad I was afraid to walk holding them so I only held them when I was sitting down. I was so afraid I would fall if I walked holding them. My knees would just feel like they were going to buckle.

Bill always carried them around or put them on his shoulders when they were little but now there is only 1 that is carrying size but much too heavy for me to carry.

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean
In response to Henri Jean

Page 325 - Volume Scrapping By Henri Jean

This is the back cover and contents page for the 2nd book in this cruise series:

Page 330 - Volume Scrapping By Henri Jean

This one was taken in Albania - I'm trying to add a few from different ports.

Page 340 - Volume Scrapping By Henri Jean

This one is from Korcula, Croatia:

Page 346 - Volume Scrapping By Henri Jean

t-towngirl
Mayor
t-towngirl

Oh Theresa, I am always tired when the little ones leave. I am on the floor with them, walking climbing. I am exhausted. I was 50 when my first grand child was born, 53 with the 2nd. So it was a piece of cake. I had energy. By the time the third one came along, I had just turn 60. What a difference ten years make!!

In fact we are hearing out tomorrow to go babysit the little ones for five days. I always enjoy my time with them.

Naylene, I am sure your grandkids will continue to spend time together when they are older. That's just how we started, spending time at grandmas' house.

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean
In response to t-towngirl

I was 63 when my first grandchild was born. My knees were already past the point of playing on the floor with them and walking and climbing with them.

I had my first at 25 making my mother (who had me at 21) a grandma at 46 - young enough to romp with them and keep up with them.

But them my oldest son didn't have a baby until he was close to 40!

That made me a first time grandma at 63! And then Bill's daughter had her first when she was about 32 so Bill and I were about 65 when she had her first and 67 when she had her second!

Even with both of us, we cannot keep up with even one of them at a time. They get away from us.

Nylene motherbambi
Mayor
Nylene motherbambi

Theresa, I totally understand the sore muscles. I gave up carrying grandchildren a long time ago. We started Cousin Camp over 10 years ago and I had much more energy. Those 10 years have stripped me of energy! I'm glad you are getting some time with the girls. That's a bit of a breakthrough.

Blanca and Henri, I was 48 when I had my first grandchild. I was working almost full time at the time, but still had energy. She is now married, and another will be married in Aug. Boy, do things change. And I just seem to get older!

I tended 4 year-old Alex yesterday. He his such a little busy-body. I don't have to lift him, but I have a hard time keeping up with him.

Henri, thank you for posting some of your layouts here. I keep seeing some popping up on the featured page and one was on the daily email of favored layouts! Congrats.

I am trying to get my house in order so that all the family can gather for the next week. We are having family photos taken Monday and the rest of the week will be crazy. We love having everyone together.

Have a great weekend and next week, if I don't get back before then!

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

I didn't know that Nylene. Had no idea any had been on featured or sent in daily email of favorited layouts. Never knew they were favored. I'm flattered! I'll have to check it out and see if I can catch one sometimes.

I did win a $10 shopping spree once with one they liked that had a silly story in it. I love to include stories on my layouts.

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

Here's a couple more I did in the past few days.

Page 373 - Volume Scrapping By Henri Jean

Page 375 - Volume Scrapping By Henri Jean

t-towngirl
Mayor
t-towngirl

Hi ladies! Just checking in. Enjoying my time with the boys, who by the way, were so excited to see me when I picked them up at that babysitter on Wednesday. Today Cody, did not want to go o the babysitter. Kellan was excited to go to school because his friend was turning 5 and they were having cup cakes.

You know what every grandma says "my grandkids are cutter than yours"

Nylene, have fun with your family.

toni-n-tn
Diva
toni-n-tn

Hey girls...

Sorry I seem to have been MIA...summer extension school has started, and my hours at Joanns are more like a regular job with long shifts during the week, but that's all good This is just a summer extension program and it goes until June 29th. We only had four kids show up, but it's been wonderful, really. A lot more one on one time spent with them. So, it's really been good.

Not sure who asked about whether it was year round school here...some counties it is, but not ours. They wanted to do it at one time, but families shot it down, so it hasn't been brought up again.

Theresa, it's great that you get to see the girls more, and that she's opened up a little more on what you can and cannot do. Meagan is the one who has the baby (not so much a baby anymore though as she just turned two). I love the fact that I am "Amma" and one of her favorite people She has extreme car sickness, and I mean extreme, so she doesn't get out much, which is sad for her. I hope now that she's two, they can get her on a medicine to help with that. Meagan and Brian are so against taking meds though, so they're struggling with it. I keep telling them to weigh the facts though, keeping her sheltered isn't going to help either. She's a doll though and the light of my life.

Kevin is dating a very nice girl, but as with most boys, it has become mostly about her family. So we don't see him as much as I would like. She starts UT with a full ride this fall, so I'm wondering how the relationship will hold up through that. He will do most anything for her though. He wants to propose to her next year, but I'm not sure her family will be so accepting of it given that she's so young.
But we'll see. I know she adores him, too, but he is her first "real" boyfriend and of course they don't see the wisdom we've offered him, so I just go along with whatever he wants, LOL. And, of course, Larry just follows along with what I say, a true husband at heart.

Anyway, speaking of age and grandkids...I think back to my mom who had me at 40, and I had my first at almost 33 (my brothers had their children very young, 18 and up). And Meagan came when I was turning 38... so my mom was 78 when she was watching Meagan full time when Larry and I were both working, and Kevin and Steven when they came home from school ... can you imagine??? And Steven with all his disabilities... and she never even mentioned that it was hard on her !!!! Heck, a few hours with Kaitlyn and I'm exhausted, LOL. I don't know how she did it. I miss her and Steven so much. I really, really, really hope they're together up there.

Well, I know I wrote a book, but I haven't been around much and trying to keep up with all of it.
So good to see everyone stopping by now and then though.

I did a couple of pages this past week for a couple of challenges but haven't even posted them yet, so I'll work on that this weekend, I hope.

Hope everyone has a terrific weekend.

Love you all.
toni

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean
In response to toni-n-tn

Oh my goodness Toni - your mother was the real wonder woman! Taking care of kids full time at 78! How wonderful and amazing!

We live in central Florida and my son and our oldest granddaughter (5) lives in Dallas, Georgia, not too far from the Alabama line. Its a 7 hour drive to see them or for them to come here.

Our other granddaughters (2 & 4) are in California.

we rarely see any of them, and when we do, everyone is overly excited. The kids don't settle down because there is no routine when we are together and I think that is the most exhausting part. No one has a schedule or routine when we visit so it is exhausting for us and the kids.

Just know that when we are around them for a day or two, we are worn out!

I'm so sorry about the car-sickness for your granddaughter. My oldest got car sick once or twice but outgrew it, although at 42, he still isn't a fan of most amusement park rides.

For your granddaughter to have it really severe has to be so difficult for her and for her family. I understand her parents not wanted to keep her on meds, especially since most non-nausea type drugs like phenogren and dramimine keep you drowsy. But how horrible for her not being able to go places!

Hopefully they will try meds and see how she reacts to them so she can have a fun life of going places and doing things. Especially as she gets older. I think you are being a wise grandma. No one wants to drug their kids, but sometimes you have to weigh the benefits and it isn't any good to keep a child sheltered at home. Kids need to get out and go places and do things and explore parks and zoos and aquariums!

I do hope they will find a solution with a med that won't make her drowsy or affect her negatively, but allow her to go places!

t-towngirl
Mayor
t-towngirl

Oh Toni, that has to be so hard for the little girl. I am with the kids, I really don't like a lot of meds. Kellan, used to get very sick all the time, and they used to give him strong meds. His mother is a nurse, you would think, she would know better. So I look like the crazy one Because I don't let him walk barefooted after a hot bath, or covering him when I am taking him out of the car after along drive and it's old outside, just things like that.

I was the one that had asked about year round school. My kids went to it through grammar school and love it. I also think it's good for the kids, because it breaks up the school year, and they don't have time to get board during the summer.

Got to run, DH can't find things in my son's kitchen and needs me.

Nylene motherbambi
Mayor
Nylene motherbambi

Hi, all my scrappy friends.
Toni, I didn't realize you were older when you had your children. You still look too young to have grandchildren! I am so sorry and so empathetic with your DGD's car sickness. My dad loaded us up every Friday after school and we went camping until Sun. nite. They would have to stop all along the way for me to throw up....all the way up into the mountains, and all the way home. One day as we reached the Idaho/Utah border (60 miles from home) I just begged Dad to let me out and I knew I could walk home. I knew the way and just couldn't get back in that car! Of course he wouldn't let me walk. I still get sick sometimes riding around town. Driving makes it better, but not on an empty stomach. I've tried all the helps...dramimine, phenegan, scopalomine patches. They help a little. I am worse around water...any boat or just standing on a dock. I hope your little Kaitlyn outgrows it. I hope things work out for Kevin. He deserves a great girl. BTW, I have no question that Steven and your mom are together!!

Blanca, you sound like me. I'm always trying to put more clothes on my little grands. I just don't want them to get cold.

I love your recent pages, Henri. Thanks for posting them here. It's easy to miss everyone's work in the gallery. I am fortunate to have all my grandchildren here in Utah county, except the 3 in CA. Since both my DD and her husband are from here, they visit about twice a year and we usually get there once a year. They will be on their way today. When those cousins come we gather all the others for Cousin Camp. I'm looking forward to it.

Here is a page from last year's Cousin Camp. The picture looks dark because the flowers stuck up in the scanner.
Cousin Concert By Nylene Motherbambi

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

Good morning! Has everyone got big plans? We have none.

Bill bought me a new dryer the week before mother's day when HHGreg closed their doors for good.

My laundry room is behind the hall (guest) bath so you have to go through the hall bath and then there is another door to the laundry room.

The dryer didn't fit through the doors without taking the doorframe molding off. We knew we wanted a matching washer and knew it wouldn't fit so we ordered it and it was delivered a few days after mother's day. That way we only had to take the doors down and the molding off once.

Both sat in my living room until last week when Bill, Joe (son) and Tom (Terri's husband got the dryer on top of the platform and in the laundry room but can't hook it up until a part comes in is needed for the hookup of the dryer.

So it isn't working yet, the washer and the platform (with the drawer) is just sitting in my living room where it has been for a month now.

My laundry pile is over 3 feet tall on the closet floor now.

And Bill is watching military hops for a flight to California to see the grandkids. I told him, "All my long pants and jeans are in the laundry except for one pair that is getting ready. I can't pack a suitcase full of dirty clothes." He says we haven't seen the grandkids in California in over a year - almost a year and a half. If a flight becomes available, we really need to get on it.

They only announce military flights no more than 72 hours before flight time so I know there are no flights today or tomorrow or Monday. Will find out today if there is a flight on Tuesday.

However, it is very common for a plane to be needed somewhere and they are put on the schedule with no more than a few hours notice so something could come up before Tuesday - and have no idea if one will be going to San Diego on Tuesday.

His response, "I don't see where that is a problem. We can just go to the store and buy you 3 or 4 new pairs of pants and whatever else you need." Don't you love the logic in that?

Maybe the part will come today so he can get the dryer working and the washer moved into the laundry room and working and the door molding fixed so we can put the doors back up.

It makes my hall bath useless right now since there is no door. Guests are having to use our master bath or run to the guest house.

Ready for my house to be normal again.

Oh - we bought a 55" LED tv or something like that and a nice stand with a fireplace in it. The tv, stand, and fireplace are all still in boxes in the living room. Its only been a month so maybe that will be done after the laundry room is finished!

I want my washer and dryer! I want my new tv! I want my hall bath and the living room back. My living room looks like an appliance store with all the boxes!

Expecting my nephew, his wife, their 4 kids (all 7 and under) and his wife's sister on July 7th. My plan is to give the parents our bedroom and put the kids on pallots on the the living room floor and the sister on the couch. Bill and I are going to sleep for 2 nights in the guest house because it is really tiny.

However, that isn't going to work if we don't get these appliances and the tv, as well as the boxes with the big tv cabinet and the box with the fake fireplace out of the living room!

Nylene motherbambi
Mayor
Nylene motherbambi

I'm sorry that I have to chuckle at your predicament, Henri. It seems like I live like that all the time. However, my husband doesn't suggest to go buy more clothes...he'd suggest the laundromat! LOL

I hope you get everything moved in and spiffy by the time the family arrives, and hope you get a flight to CA after the washing gets done.

Have a great weekend, everyone.

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

Part for the dryer came today! Oh Happy Day!

Tomorrow morning Tom and Terri and coming over and Tom is going to help Bill get my laundry room back together!

Its been over a month and I'm counting the hours! Plus, I'll get to see Terri!

Theresa TSC
Expert
Theresa TSC

Henri, hurray for dryer parts! When my son was in college when he needed to wash clothes, he'd go buy new ones! When he got married his wife was just in awe that he had so many of the same style dress shirts--they went to goodwill btw, she hates have too many of anything says it wastes space (she's weird).

Toni, I hate that she gets carsick! That must be awful for everyone. Have no clue what to suggest except maybe ginger. I'm sure her pediatrician can come up with something. She sure is adorable and I bet you make a beeline to their house whenever you can. I'm with Nylene, Stephen and your Mom are together!

Bought a new Rav4 today. It is gorgeous! Cub/UK (depending on baseball or basketball season) blue. Has all the bells and whistles you can imagine. Originally planned on getting Randy something (his Camry and our old Rav both have over 200,000 miles and have been acting up) but after seeing this, I'm letting him drive the Prius! Has lane control beepers and blind spot lights, heated leather seats and on and on! Will still drive the Prius too though, love it and it gets 53 mpg. We now have 4 vehicles so either the old RAV or the Camry will be getting sold, just have to decide which would be better to keep for an extra.

Before we went to Bowling Green to the car lot I had to take my miter saw and put some chair rail up in Joyce's bathroom. She decided to start making some changes to the house and she papered the lower portion. She'll be sore for days but once I get the upper portion painted it'll look really nice. Of course, if she had told me she was going to paint the upper portion, I wouldn't have installed the chair rail this morning!

Have to get my yard mowed tomorrow, only house on the street that hasn't been mowed--gasp! Supposed to start raining Monday and rain all week.

That's about it for me.

t-towngirl
Mayor
t-towngirl

Hey chatty scrapers! Henri, so glad your laundry room is finally coming together. Hope you get the laundry done before you have to fly out.

Theresa, I have an old Camry that is 23 years old. I love my old car, it only has 175000 miles and it still runs good. We have-not taken it on the fwy in a few years, we only use it in town. But have to tell you, if I had $10.00 for every person that tells me they can't believe I still drive "that old thing" I would have money to buy anew car. Congratulations on the new car.

Went into Solvang today. Had a great time, but, it was to short. Finally convinced my husband that we need to stay at least a night.

Wé head home tomorrow.

Talk to you later.

toni-n-tn
Diva
toni-n-tn

hey girls, I have a few minutes before running off to work so thought I would say hi.

Wow, Henri, I would be going nuts...you all are so spontaneous with your trips, that's amazing! It sounds so fun, too. My OCD would have kicked in so long ago though with all the stuff sitting around in the living room...not to say we don't have "stuff" EVERYwhere, LOL, but like you I would want it up and fixed right away, LOL.

Theresa, your car sounds delightful! As much as I don't want another car payment (of course I have one again..sigh) I would really like to have a new car that will last me until...well, until the end, I guess.
Good for you having an extra car for those moments when the other ones need something done. We used to have that, too, and then, boom, all the cars started going one after the other. I went through 6 cars in 7 years!!!!! I have another one now, too, a 2007 because my 1993 started going crazy one day after work...although we still have that one parked and hope to get it fixed so we can have another car for a spare again.

Bianca, that's the kind of car I want for a spare, one that will last forever and you can depend on it, even if you can't drive it on the highway, at least it's good for running around town.

Nylene, has cousin camp started yet? I've always thought that was such a cute idea. My kids barely know their cousins, etc., not that there are many.
When I took them to Connecticut years ago for my nephew's wedding, they were so shy with my other nephew's family because they hadn't seen them since they were very, very little and don't remember my nephew and his wife. They had no idea who all the people were that came to visit us that day, so they just hung by my husband's side while I got to visit with everyone. It's days like that that I wish we lived closer to everyone, but then again, my family is all over, from California to Florida to Connecticut, so what is one to do? Growing up we were so close, too, so I have such great memories. Your Grandkids will, too.

Ok, enough chitchat..I need to get moving.

Everyone have a lovely day.
I didn't get my pages up yet either. Just way too
busy, and too tired.

See you all later.

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean
In response to toni-n-tn

Tom and Terri _(pink spoonbill on the boards) came over yesterday and the guys got our washer and dryer set up in the laundry room and I got 4 loads of laundry done yesterday. Finished it all.

Needed to do the bed linens but our bed was made for the day and I wasn't going to unmake the bed to wash the sheets, then make it again.

I got up first this morning and then when Bill came into the office and told me, "I stripped the bed and the linens are in the washer. I held off starting it until you check to see if you have anything else to wash."

I went in to start the washer - he had put the clothes in dryer.

Funny, but it really was an easy mistake, as our washer was on the right when we had the old machines. This time the washer is on the right. Old habits die hard - and the washer and dryer do look alike!

t-towngirl
Mayor
t-towngirl

Lol. At least he was trying to be helpful. I bet you are so happy to have the washer and dryer out of your living room. Art just walked in and told me to remind him that he needs to do laundry tomorrow. Just in case you guys don't know "I don't know how to do laundry right" so I let him do it. since he is so good at it.

Oh my goodness, it is so cold here. I can't believe is almost mid june and we are still wearing jackets.

Wanted to go to Walgreens to order pictures from my phone, since they have the .10 cents special, but never made it. Hoping that I can make it in sometime this week. The sale ends on Saturday.

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

At home I really prefer to wash and dry the clothes because Bill doesn't dry them well enough and he puts in too much soap and won't put vinegar in my rinse water.

I'd just rather do it.

However, he folds almost everything and I put it away so it works.

When we travel though, he does all the laundry. I don't like going to laundry rooms in hotels and on base so he does all of that and I just wait in the room.

On Holland America ships - they do all our laundry at no charge. I go home with everything clean. Thank you Holland America!

t-towngirl
Mayor
t-towngirl

Good morning chatty friends. Hope all is well. Have had a couple of hectic days, but taking the day off today and going to go get a much needed pedicure.

Does anyone have any summer vacation plans? we almost never travel in the summer, too expensive and too crowded, but when you have kids you have to travel in the summer.

Was going to host a Fathers day BBQ on Sunday, but everybody works on Monday, so they wanted to switched it to Saturday, so now my husband and I have to go to Bakersfield to the BBQ. Well, less work me now.

Heading to Palm Springs next week to babysit the older grandkids while my daughter and husband go to Vegas. It should nice and toasty there. which is nice for me since we are still wearing pants and sweaters here. We are 4500ft elevation, and normally is cool until July, but it seems this year it as been colder than normal.

Ok ladies, have a great day!

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

You plans sounds like fun Blanca.

Terri and Tom are coming over on Sunday - Tom is brilliant with projects and he is going to take a close look at our bookcase in the living room - actually its an entertainment but not one of the prefab ones.

This takes up a complete wall and I think it is 9' tall. Lots of intricate carving on it - separates into 3 pieces.

Tom is going to see how it is put together and there is hope that it can be modified to work with the new tv. Right now, it won't fit.

I want to cook for them, not sure what yet but am going to have a good time going through my recipes to decide! Looking forward to it!

t-towngirl
Mayor
t-towngirl

I hope he can modify it. I really enjoy small dinner parties, where you can sit and have good conversation. I enjoy when we are out with our friends, but sometimes it's hard to follow the different conversations going on.

I am sure you will come up with something good.

Went to visit my neighbor, across the street that had a double mastectomy three weeks ago, and today the doctor told her that she will need chemo after all. She is not happy. She will have her first round July 6th.

My neighbors and I have been neighbors for the last 31 years. One to the left of me, and one across the street. We are like family to ea. other. We know each other kids and grandkids. I am very lucky to have neighbors like that.

toni-n-tn
Diva
toni-n-tn

Hey girls,

Henri - I hope Tom can modify the bookcase for you so you can fit in the TV. He sounds a lot like my husband.
We call him Mr. Fix It. It always amazed me at what he could figure out and fix. Unfortunately all those years of working outside/inside heavy construction has taken a toll on his body and he can't do too much at one time anymore. Which is one of the reasons why our bathroom is taking forever...now he can't find the medicine cabinet he wants to put in there so we're still looking...sigh.

I hope you've figured out something delicious to make.

Bianca - when we lived in Florida those were the types of neighbors we had. Loved our little community. then one by one people started moving out. Although for the longest time we kept in touch with most everyone. Now, not so much. Our dearest neighbors next door, who used to literally pick two of my kids up from school and watch them for us, died. They were so wonderful. I really hope your neighbor takes the chemo well. I'll say some prayers for her.

Well, Kaitlyn is here so gotta go, LOL.

t-towngirl
Mayor
t-towngirl
In response to toni-n-tn

Toni, it's a blessing to have neighbors like that. My mother was very sick with Cancer, so my sibilings and I took turns driving to Texas to take care of her. My husband and I were the only ones retired at the time, so we will stay up to five months. Anyways, Janet will pick up my mail, sort it, and mail me what I needed. She also did my banking for me. She really lifted a load of of me. I will for ever be greatful to her. We all have keys to each other houses.

My husband is wonderful at doing things. We are almost done remodeling the third house. I tease him, and tell him that he must have been a construction worker in a past life. The only draw back is that he takes forever to get done.

Heading to Bakersfield for a Father's Day celebration. Have a great weekend ladies!

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

My husband is awesome at doing projets so they are functional. How they look is something else.

He painted the master bedroom in our last house to surprise me and didn't take down the curtain and valance. He got paint all over the curtains and it was painted behind the curtains on the wall part.

He said it seemed sillt to take down the curtains when you nobody would ever see behind them. When we moved there were still a few blobs of paint on the curtains.

The worst one was when he put in the new push button combination lock on the front door. The one we bought didn't quit fit so he installed it upside.

It worked fine, you just had to look at it and almost stand on your head to get the numbers right and it looked super stupid.

When we went on vacation Joe picked up another one and installed it correctly so it looks right and works right. I don't think Bill ever noticed that Joe changed them out and that was 3 or 4 years ago - he uses it constantly but I guess he forgot he put it in upside and hasn't noticed it is a different one.

That is why I love it when Tom (Terri aka Pink Spoonbill's husband) come over and Tom helps him. Tom is meticulous!

Bill is a good worker, he just dones't take time and make things look good.

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

Hi Nylene - there is a story behind the half-million bottles of water. I'm writing here instead of private message because someone else may be curious why we had all that water!

I was sitting at my desk when I heard BIll say, "I got it - I got it!"

I was terrified to ask what he had bought now - I knew he was on an auction site. He had bought over a half million bottles of Zephyr Hills water from Fema (they stock up every year for hurricane victims, and they had that much left over at the end of the year. They always get ride of it and get fresh water the following year. I don't know why, it keeps more than 1 year!"

Anyway, it was delivered in about 18 of the tractor trailer trucks. They started out moving it from the driveway to the back yards of our on our old rental houses we used to own, the back yard of one of his brother's rental houses and his sister's rental house, all on the same block.

They fill all 3 yards with water as well as his sister's garage at her rental house and the garage of our house across town.

Problem was, the pallet jack wasn't heavy-duty enough to move all that water around so he had to go out the same day and buy a used forklift. Before he finished moving all the water to the proper place in the yard a few days later, he broke his forklift. Its been at a consignment place for 8 years.

The sold all the water in about 2-3 months.

Actually he bought the water the end of December, right around Christmas and we got married January 3rd and left on our honeymoon - 46 day cruise around South America and then a drive from Florida to California and then 3 weeks in Hawaii.

When he came home, his brother had sold most of the water and Bill finished selling it. I'm not sure if we made money or lost money, but it was certainly an adventure.

t-towngirl
Mayor
t-towngirl

OMG Henri! What a story. Glad the you got rid of all the water, even if you did not make money.

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

Bill says we made a good profit - I'm not so sure. Maybe we did make a bit of profit but I don't think we made the big profit that bill thinks we made.

Either way, Joe made a bit of money, his brother earned money and it kept BIll out of trouble.

And I didnt' have to buy bottled water for a while.

It all sold in just a matter of months so we didnt' have it long.

toni-n-tn
Diva
toni-n-tn

LOL, Henri, what a story!
Got to tell you though, many, many, many years ago someone told my husband to invest in bottled water, that that was the coming thing...my husband thought he was nuts, LOL...let me just say, it wasn't too long after that that my husband was kicking himself in the ********, LOL...I certainly hope you made something off that adventure, even if just a little, LOL.

Anyway, I was sick for a couple of days, I think I slept on and off for 24 hours...migraine really. I get them every once in a while, and I should have seen it coming, but I was trying to ignore the symptoms.
I'm off to work at Joanns although not feeling it very much right now. So, we'll see.

Hope you all have a great day.

Theresa TSC
Expert
Theresa TSC
In response to toni-n-tn

Happy Father's Day to everyone. No celebrating at my house today. We did go by and visit with Randy's Dad yesterday lucky to still have him at age 90 (his wife drives us crazy so we don't see him as often as we'd like even though he lives in the same city). Took him his gift including a roll of bubble wrap because he fell again and cracked a rib. He thought that was funny. Randy didn't get off work til 3 this morning and had to be back at 2 this afternoon so I went to church alone. Did stop by the store and pick up a couple of steaks on the way home and grilled them for him for lunch before he went. Made him sour dough french toast yesterday so he at least ate well this weekend. Jeremy called and woke him up this morning for his obligatory phone call (that's all he does now for either of us).

Too funny about the water. Doubt he made too much of a profit if he had to buy a forklift, LOL!

As for vacation plans, we went to Fort Walton Beach, FL in May. Summer vacations though are better in cooler environments. If you've never been up to Traverse City, MI, it's gorgeous up there and a whole lot cooler than Florida! My sister in law swears by the vacations where you travel by train. They've been on several and love them. After Randy looses some weight and can travel more easily in small places we hope to do that. We'd have to go up to Chicago to board one but it would be nice to ride one to California. They went to San Antonio, San Diego and somewhere else on another ride but I forget where.

I'm the handy one around my house I guess. Mostly out of necessity but my Dad made me learn how to do a lot of stuff because he said it didn't matter if I was some day wealthy enough to hire someone, I needed to know how the basics went so I would know if I was being cheated. He was a jack of all trades. The only handy guy around me now is my brother. He was younger than me when Dad was killed so he didn't get all the education but he tries. He rigs things though sometimes (a duct tape kind of guy) so if it's something important and I can't fix it, I hire someone. Randy, literally not joking. will leave the light bulb blown out to keep from changing it--even if it means taking a flashlight into the bathroom if it's the one blown out! Some men just missed out on that gene!

Busy week ahead of me. Best get this nasty house picked up. Been busy for weeks and have just let things pile up. Speaking of repair, I have a seal on the inside toilet thing leaking and it's running the water bill up. I know my limits, so a plumber is coming in the morning to replace the inner stuff. Don't want him seeing how we really live, LOL!

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

When I was in real estate I used to have someone come in to clean. I always cleaned the house the day before she came. Got all the clutter put away and tidied up everything so she could get to surfaces to clean and not have to put stuff aside that she didn't know where to put away. That was all done. All it needed was floors and dusting and countertops and bathrooms.

Bill is good with household chores as long as it doesn't matter how it looks! He didn't get the gene at all to really do things right, as long as they work - he's happy.

We traveled through Europe by train and it was nice being able to sleep and we've done one or two hour trips by train. Bill would like to take the train through Canada.

Last time we took a train through Canada, they had wifi - and really good fast signal too!

t-towngirl
Mayor
t-towngirl

Hi ladies! We are in sunny, toasty Palm Springs, it's only 121 today. Came to babysit the older grandkids and my nice is visiting from Ohio, so my brother is having a BBQ on Saturday.

When I was growing up I always traveled by train in Mexico. And can you believe my husband has never taken a train ride! That is one thing I want to do with him.

Theresa, Art is also a jack of all trades. Thank God for that. I enjoy doing things, so I help him a lot. We have saved a lot of money in the remodelings because he can do so much.

Henri, a train trip around Canada would be awesome.

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

Did you see me waving to you Blanca? We landed at the little private airport in Palm Springs and grabbed a rental car, stopped for a few minutes at Jack-in-the-Box, and were on our way to San Diego. Bill was anxious to see his daughter so we didn't do any sight seeing - no time. Just get off the plane and head for San Diego.

t-towngirl
Mayor
t-towngirl

OMG! so you got to experience our nice toasty weather. Enjoy your trip!

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

We walked from the car into Jack-in-the-box and that was enough. We didn't get out of the car again until we got to San Diego. We hated the heat! I could actually feel the skin on my arm burning!

Nylene motherbambi
Mayor
Nylene motherbambi

I'm sorry I have been absent, but things have been so crazy around here. Cousin Camp became the whole week long rather than just 2 days and a night. Because the Calif. kids were here, the others all came and hung out. We had a wonderful time. We had matching shirts this year and that was really fun. The 3 year old refused to wear his until they got back home. Then put it on and patted his belly saying, "nice!".

Henri, thanks for the water story! I'm with Theresa, not sure you made much profit if you had to buy the forklift. LOL

Blanca, how is the babysitting going? I think I'd melt down there.
We have the wonkiest weather. It was 101 here during the day and then the thunderstorms came and dropped it to 81. The weird thing is that one week earlier we had snow that actually stuck to the ground! Speaking of trains, I rode a train from Texas to Mexico City when I was in college, and rode from Idaho to Chicago for a 4-H conference. Surprisingly I did not get carsick.
That's a miracle.

Toni, sorry you have been under the weather. Migraines are so miserable. You are lucky to have a handy husband. DH is becoming more that way. Like Henri, sometimes his repairs don't look that great. I blame it on his macular degen. There is so much that he doesn't see.

Theresa, my DD and family go to MI every summer to visit DSIL's parents. Last year they went to Mackinac Island and the kids just loved it. Em made the girls watch Somewhere in Time before they went. They love Michigan.

I know there were other things I wanted to comment on, but this brain is a bit fried. Have a great day and I should be able to check in a little more often.

Edited by Nylene motherbambi on 06-22-17 12:02 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Nylene motherbambi
Mayor
Nylene motherbambi

I forgot to post these here.
Father's Day Card By Nylene Motherbambi Drew 100% Boy By Nylene Motherbambi

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

Sorry I haven't been popping in much the past few days. With family in California. Bill's daughter works long days and Bill and I run around all day doing errands and seeing things.

Ate at a fantastic little seafood place in La Jolla yesterday - overlooking the water.

t-towngirl
Mayor
t-towngirl

Good morning ladies! I have been enjoying my time with the kiddos. Peyton has a job now, so we have dropped him off and gone out to do things. Now that he has a summer job, he is going to miss a lot. We have also been playing board games.

He has a girlfriend now, and be can't wait for her to meet me. I am so glad he does not feel embarrassed.

Well, got to run, have to get ready to go to a BBQ at my brother's house, his daughter is visiting from Ohio.

Have a nice weekend!

Theresa TSC
Expert
Theresa TSC

Happy weekend all! I actually took the day and went to Owensboro by myself! Had lunch with my friend Paula and a friend of hers that she has been trying to get together with me for years. Also did some shopping but other than a white Coneflower didn't buy anything except food from SAMs Club. All in all though it was nice. No rushing to get anywhere. Was trying to find Aunt Joyce a new shower chair but was unsuccessful. Think I'll just order her one and have it shipped.

Have to go to New Albany, IN Monday evening through Wednesday for a work conference, not looking forward to that.

We had massive rain yesterday and a lot of flooding but today everything is good. Nothing else going on here.

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

We are visiting Bill's daughter and our two San Diego granddaughters. Been here since Tuesday.

Leaving here on Monday but not completely sure what we are going to do from here. Have a few options.

Need to be home by July 10th when family visits.

tinacloer
Expert
tinacloer

Hi ladies!!!

I'm sorry that I've been MIA this month. I've had pneumonia for the last month and have been dragging myself through the past few weeks. We've had so much going on. I've had 5 big fundraising events for work in the past month. They've all run really smoothly, it's just a lot of work to pull them all off. We weren't supposed to have that many, only 2 were really our events, but other people/groups decided to do things for us, but then got in over their heads because they didn't understand what all is involved and we had to take over organizing them. Thankfully, I don't think we have any more until August, I'm all "speeched out".

Olivia, my oldest, also moved out of the house last weekend. So we were busy helping her sort her things, pack and get moved. She moved across town, she's about half an hour away. I miss her, but I'm happy that she and her 2 friends are getting to have the experience of living on their own. It's been kind of funny to hear how tired she is because she now has to grocery shop, cook and do her own laundry.

Toni - Griffin had horrible car sickness for years. He would get sick on a 20 minute drive. It continued pretty much from birth until a couple of years ago. We had to give him Dramamine a lot and once he started riding a school bus, that was terrible, he got sick on that regularly and we had to pick him up a bunch. This is kind of weird, but we were referred to a chiropractor to help with it. They gave him adjustments for about a month and I can only think of once since then that he's been carsick. You might look into a chiropractor to help Kaitlin with it. It's a lot better than giving her meds or not being able to take her anywhere. When we took him to the chiro, they took one look at his X-ray and said "he had a traumatic birth didn't he?", which he did. He had too much pressure at the base of his skull, I would just be sure to get someone who knows how to work on kids.

Nylene - It sounds like Cousin camp was a huge success again this year. I'm sure you were exhausted after a week with that many kids. I'm really glad that you are feeling better.

Henri - have fun in California with the fam and your other world travels! I love La Jolla, it's such a nice area.

Bianca - Enjoy your time with your kids! It's super sweet that your son is excited to introduce his girlfriend.

Theresa - It's awesome that you got to meet up with Paula. I'm so glad that you had fun together. I think it's so hard to keep up with my friends, it seems like I have really good intentions, but my days just slip by.

Well, I think I'm caught up. Have a nice evening ladies!

Tina

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean
In response to tinacloer

That is fascinating information about the chiro and carsickness Tina. I never would have thought a chiro could help with carsickness but WOW! I swear by my chiropractor when my back is funky, although it has been many years now.

Glad you are through with fundraising for a while and just relax a bit!

t-towngirl
Mayor
t-towngirl

Good morning! just stopping by to say hello. Nothing exciting happening here, it's too hot and now there is a fire about 20 miles away, and we are getting a lot of the smoke, so you can even go outside.

Have a great day!

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

We are in Ontario. I haven't stuck my head outside to see how hot it is yet - Bill is at the license plate meet and I'm using the next couple days to catch up the last two ports on the book I'm working on. Then I will finish this book by the end of the month.

Another goal met! One book a month and this is the 4th straight month - and 4 books done. Three more to go!

Theresa TSC
Expert
Theresa TSC

Tina, hate that you've been sick.

Home from a work conference, worn out. Really long drive there on Monday and an equally long drive home today with 8 hour days in training. Bored at times, learned new stuff and even had fun, best of all--it's done! Headed to bed early tonight!

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

With a day that busy, especially with all the training and the long drive each way, I'd be heading for bed too!

t-towngirl
Mayor
t-towngirl

Good morning ladies. Stopping by to say hello.

Hope none of you are affected by the tornados and fires burning in different states.

We could really smell the fire and see the smoke on the Manzanita fire. We are not too close to it, but the winds are were blowing the smoke our way.

Theresa, hope you are well rested this morning.

Take care ladies!

Nylene motherbambi
Mayor
Nylene motherbambi

Hi Scrappy friends!

Theresa, I am glad you arrived home safely after your long drive and training. That makes for a long day!

Tina, I hope you are feeling better and back to your usual busy happy self. It sounds like you have a busy summer ahead.

Henri, I can't believe how much you guys travel. That would wear me out. You get to see so many fun things.

Blanca, we have fires here too. In fact, our Brian Head (ski resort) fire is the largest in the nation right now. It was started by a guy burning weeds. Aargh! We have another that was really close to us started by young teens setting off fireworks. They will have to come up with the $1500 needed to put it out. I'm sure their parents are not happy with them.

I have been scrapping and playing with watercolor but haven't scanned my pages yet. I have 2 friends coming tomorrow to see how the Silhouette machine works. One owns one but has never taken it out of the box! I need to get my room in shape so I can have room for 3 of us in it. It's a small room anyway and I have overfilled it with scrappy supplies!

Have a great long weekend, everyone.

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

Just popping in quickly to say hello. Our plans to get home just completely changed a few minutes ago so I need to start checking schedules to get our ducks in a row.

t-towngirl
Mayor
t-towngirl

Wish you Good luck Henri!

Theresa TSC
Expert
Theresa TSC

Well I'm out of the loop, haven't watched the news, didn't know anything about the fires or tornadoes. Maybe that's a good thing! Hope you all stay safe though.

Have a bathroom remodeler coming to see Aunt Joyce tomorrow morning. She's sold both of their vehicles and wants to get a smaller car so if she's up to it we'll be doing that after he leaves. It'll be a full day for me I'm sure. Don't really want her driving but totally understand feeling trapped with nothing and she certainly couldn't drive the big car or truck they had. Figure if she has a smaller car available she'll only drive it occasionally and it'll give her a feeling of freedom. She's not eating well due to depression, hoping the bathroom and car pep her up.

Other than work, nothing else going on here.

t-towngirl
Mayor
t-towngirl

Hopefully it will. Thank God she has you to help her. Depression is a serious thing. My sil lost her husband and she sunk into a deep depression. I asked to come stay with us for a while, and it has helped a little. She still has her moments, but for the most part, she is coming out of it. She is no longer on medication.

My granddaughter is a "journalist" for her middle school, so today she is going to one of the casinos to interview the boxers that will be fighting there. We are going for support. I told her to make sure she gets pictures with them so I can scrap the event.

Have a good weekend ladies. We are heading back home on Sunday in hopes that we don't get a lot of holiday traffic.

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

Good morning! No news. Just trying to figure out how to get home. Looks like we will drive to San Francisco (Travis AFB) and fly to Dover and then its pretty easy to work our way home.

toni-n-tn
Diva
toni-n-tn

Hey all...

I don't know where to begin...

It's been very busy here. Not really sure why, no different than the regular school year, and working a lot at Joanns, too. There was a murder here...a good friend of Meagans from grade school all the way up. Super, super sweet girl. A wife and mother of two young boys. She was gunned down by her brother when she was trying to help his girlfriend get out of a sticky situation. He killed them both...and the other girl's child was watching this going on. So now there are five children without mothers. Luckily Taylor's boys still have their dad, but right now he's lost, totally lost. It really threw this little community into a tizzy that's for sure. That's all I could think about for days...still a daily thing, but a little better. Had to leave Joanns early one night because I was so depressed about it. It's really just so sad. She was one of those girls that helped everyone whenever they needed it, no matter what. Just a delightful girl. And she had such a dysfunctional family...obviously. I hope he hangs...

Anyway, summer school is over, so I have about a month to try to get anything done, which when I'm home I'm mostly with Kaitlyn so don't know how much I'll get done.
This coming week I have a couple of days off from Joanns so I would like to try to get something done...sigh.

Tina, thanks, I will mention that to Meagan, but I don't believe Kaitlyn had a really bad birthing experience...now, my Kevin did, whew, he came out all black and blue, it was terrible. He was too big for my birthing canal, and they had to cut my "lip" to get him out, but he had been banging that poor head for a long time. They've only experimented a couple of times with the small dosage of "medicine" with her. They plan on taking her to a water park on Sunday, so I hope it goes well...she'll love it! She's such a delight.

I can't even remember the last time I scrapped. Probably the beginning of June. Didn't get half the challenges I signed up for done...maybe it will be better in July. Got to admit I haven't felt like it much. Doesn't keep me from buying stuff though

Anyway, I didn't read up on everything...don't know when I'll do that. But just wanted to let you all know I'm sorry for being so MIA lately. I'll shake it off soon I hope and get back into the ballgame.

Hugs to all.

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean
In response to toni-n-tn

Hello - just checking in. We had such an easy time getting a military hop to San Diego and now it is a nightmare getting back home! We know better than to try taking military hops in the summer. We really do know better and just figured it would be better this time.

When there are flights, with the kids out of school, families fill them up first. On top of that, with the holiday, flights are cut way back. With 7 houseguest coming next week, we have to do something!

We have a rental car but the drop fee to leave it in Florida is $1,000! We can't do that!

We are going to try to find a car to drive to Florida also, that doesn't have a drop charge, or not a high one.

Bill is pricing out commercial flights tomorrow, will probably get a good deal if we fly on the 3rd, which is the actual holiday for the 4th I think. In fact, if we are lucky, we may get a good flight out tomorrow.

tinacloer
Expert
tinacloer

Good morning sweet ladies!!!

Henri - I hope that you figure out the flight to get home. I'm not a big planner, but I don't know that I could go someplace and not know how I'm getting home, that might be a little too free spirited for me.

Toni - That situation with the young girls is just awful! That boy is going to have to live with what he did forever, that is just such a senseless loss. I hope that you are able to get a few of the things done that you want to. I can't ever get much done while I'm working either.

Sooo...I decided to redo my scrap room a bit. It's been a pinky peachy color since we moved in almost 10 years ago. So I decided to do my room in mint, gold and little pops bright pink. I'm still not 100% sure if it's going to pull together okay or not. The mint ended up being a lot deeper color than originally planned, it's more aqua looking. I got the room about half painted yesterday, then I had a little mishap with my paint pan flipping over and got to spend the rest of the evening getting it out of the carpet. (huge bummer).

I really want to have my room put back together in the next couple of days, so I'll post photos when I'm done, I don't want to spend my whole vacation messing with it. My room has 2 of the big Ikea Expedits in it and I'm trying to get my stuff down to the point that I only need one of them. I'd like to make room to put a little couch in there so I can sit in there to read...but I do have a lot of ********. I think the hardest part is figuring out what to do with all of the albums, they are really what takes up the most space. Suggestions?

Anywho, I hope you all have a happy day. I guess it's about time for me to get moving.

t-towngirl
Mayor
t-towngirl
In response to tinacloer

Good morning! Toni, what a terrible thing to happen. There are so many crazy people in this world.

I went to Joann's last week and bought a couple of nice punches. I would be in trouble if I worked there

Tina, I did the same thing when we had our brand new carpet installed. I was touching up the wall and drop the brush.

You are a lucky girl to have a scrap room. I am thankful for my scrap closet, but I need to rearrange it and make it more functional. I just bought a crate on wheels to store all of my paper pads. I have them in drawers right now.

Safe travels Henri, glad you will be home before your company comes.

Have a great weekend ladies.

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

Your room sounds like it will be very cool Tina - can't wait to see pictures! That color combination sounds like it could really work well - I can imagine them together!

I have been frustrated because we have company coming in about a week. There are 7 people and I want to get home and get ready. Otherwise, this wouldn't be a big deal at all.

There were 3 flights to Hawaii out of San Francisco (Travis) yesterday and they all had plenty of seats. If we didnt' have company coming, we would have driven there and jumped on one and we would be in Hawaii right now.

However, none of the bases around here have anything going to the east coast. That is not unusual around the holidays, but still, I'm ready to go home to get ready for our company.

Anyway, Bill bought two commercial tickets for tomorrow night. I hate flying commercial, I hate commercial airports, I have been completely spoiled by military flights but, for $76 a person plus a charge for seat assignment and luggage, we are still going home for under $150 each.

If company wasn't coming though, we would be turning this into a big vacation. Bill had even talked about after Hawaii, going to Australia or somewhere else but no time.

Now we will have to head back to Hawaii later this year, although we will probably wait until late August or September.

t-towngirl
Mayor
t-towngirl

My nice was here last week visiting from Ohio. She flew Frontier airlines into San Diego because she was able to fly her family of 5 for around 700.00 round trip. My brother picked them up.

I can deal with commercial airports, my husband gets too impatient, so that is one more reason why I don't fly during the summer or holidays.

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

I'm spoiled by military passenger terminals. Usually one or two flights a day go out. No hassle ever.

All the retirees talk and visit and we have a grand ole' time. After roll call its usually 2 hours before the plane leaves but sometimes its only 15 minutes and sometimes its several more hours. But 95% of the time - its 2 hours.

Usually you have to go through security, sometimes, if the plane is ready, they just take us out there.

No lines - when they call for everyone to bring up their luggage their is a small line but all they are doing is weighing luggage and sending it on. No money changing hands or anything else to do in that line. I stay and talk with the other wives.

Never crowds - sometimes there are only 6 or 8 people on the plane with us so that is all the people who are in the terminal.

None of the hassles of commercial airports.

We were in Jacksonville at the NAS air passenger terminal and there were two planes going out. Only 8 passengers for ours, but the other plane was full - going to Guantanamo, Cuba so it was all military in fatigues. However, they weren't leaving until after we did so we had no hassle at all.

Theresa TSC
Expert
Theresa TSC

Toni, that is just awful. Those poor families left to deal with all of that forever! Prayers for them and for the friends of the girls. Evil is rampant.

Henri, glad you're getting to go home.

Tina, instead of a couch for your room, how about a lounge seat or recliner, you could put it going out into the room instead of against a wall. Can't wait to see photos, remember the way it looked before and it looked great so it will be fun to see the changes.

Don't know if I said anything previously but Aunt Joyce has a blue bathtub in her tiny little bathroom. She decided she wanted to get it redone and she had me call bathfitters. Guy came, did his sales pitch and she decided that $2,800 was too much for putting a cover over her tub (didn't include replacing or even putting up new shower doors and if there was an issue with the plumbing we'd have to bring in a plumber). So I called a plumbing company and scheduled a time for the guy to come out to talk to her about doing a whole new set up. He came Saturday. Didn't talk Joyce into doing the tub to shower conversion for her bathroom, as much as I think it would benefit, but I did talk myself into doing it. Guys are coming Saturday and as much as I dread the hassle and cost, I'm looking forward to a nice new walk in shower. Joyce thinks I'm wasting money and she actually had the nerve to call and yell at me Saturday morning over how I spend my money. Keep telling myself it's widow brain and she isn't thinking clearly but I'm really close to letting her have it.

Jeremy let the grands skype with me last night, gosh they bring joy to my heart. They're coming in for a visit the weekend of the 15th. I had already scheduled a Quick Kuts workshop for the day so they'll be coming in that night and the girls will just be put in the bed on arrival but I'll have that Sunday!

Off to work, should have already gotten my shower. Have to work tomorrow too (had to cancel clients last week because of the conference so can't cancel two weeks in a row--stinks).

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

I've seen commercials for Bathfitters - the company that puts the new tub over the old. $2,800? Really? That is an absurd price.

We are still at Bill's daugther's house but she is in San Jose. She is not a housekeeper at all. She hadn't vacuumed in months because her vaccum was broken. Bill unclogged it and has been vacuuming. Right now he's taking the screens out of her apartment and washing them. He's scrubbing her screens in the shower and he has cleaned her window sills.

Wish he would do these projects at home!

On the way home tonight! Can't wait.

Nylene motherbambi
Mayor
Nylene motherbambi

Toni, I am so sorry about Meagan's friend and the other young mother. It seems as if every day brings some terrible tragedy where someone has let his anger get the best of him. It's heart-breaking. We just had a young mother gunned down here by an ex-boyfriend. Her husband works with my nephew. It seems to always leave children without a much needed parent. Hugs and prayers for friends and family of the girls.

Tina, I can't wait to see your scraproom. I'm sure it will be pretty.
So sorry about the carpet. That's why I won't let DH paint. He always manages to step backward into the pan!

Blanca, do you have plans for the 4th? We are just going to stay home and relax. We do have to teach our Addiction Recovery meeting tomorrow night. They say addictions don't take holidays, so we hold meetings. In fact, holidays are often triggers for relapse.

Henri, glad you are going to get home before your company comes! LOL. I hope you get everything done that you need before they arrive.

Theresa, what you Aunt Joyce do without you. I hope things go well in the "bathroom remodel". You are brave to do it. Isn't it fun to Skype with the grands? I FaceTime with Sammie often.
Technology is amazing!

I need to run. Be back later to chat.

cherscrapr
Tenant
cherscrapr

Thank you for inviting me to the group, Nylene. I have been back to scrapbooking just a year now. During my time out, I took care of my parents, raised a granddaughter and earned a Masters degree

. Now I finally have the freedom to "play" even have a room for scrapbooking, which my family calls the playroom. Love it!
Five of my grandchildren live on two coasts, so visits are rare, but scrapbooking helps me to feel closer to them.

Looking forward to getting acquainted with each of you.

tinacloer
Expert
tinacloer
In response to cherscrapr

Good morning ladies! I got my scrap room put back together yesterday. I still need to go to the hardware store to pick up one more thing, so I'll probably have it finished by Thursday.
I have all of my stuff put back in the room. I went through all of my art supplies and scrappy stash and really pared it down a bit. I hate clutter, so I'm glad to have a little less stuff in there.

Cherscrpr - Welcome to our group! Is your first name Cher? We are happy to have you with us. It's pretty awesome that you went back and got your master's degree a little later in life. What is it in? I went straight through two master's programs right after undergrad (psych and business), I was afraid that I wouldn't finish if I ever stopped going.

We took the kids to see Wonderwoman last night. It was such a good show. Griffin is really looking forward to the new Spiderman movie that comes out on Thursday. We are headed to see a baseball game downtown tonight. They shoot off fireworks at the ball diamond and then you can watch the big fireworks display from there too, it's such a beautiful place to watch them from. Downtown Indy has really come to life over the past decade or so, it's gotten to be very pretty and is the trendy place to live in Indy now.

Well, I need to go fix the kid's breakfast, we're having pancakes and bacon this morning. Have a happy day ladies!

Tina

toni-n-tn
Diva
toni-n-tn
In response to tinacloer

Good morning, girls.

Hi Cher (?) - welcome, welcome, welcome.

Tina - your room sounds great...I really should clean mine
out, I have way too much stuff, and although I hate clutter, there seems to be a lot of it in this room, LOL. I keep saying I'm going to do it, but time seems to get away from me.

Henri - wow, hadn't vacuumed in months? I can only imagine the thoughts that ran through your heads as you're standing there looking around. I love hearing about your travel stories. Can't say I travel too much anymore, so it's great to hear about yours. Enjoy your company.

Bianca - yeah, it's hard working there sometimes. Just yesterday they had paper for .20 cents. Kind of hard to resist it, and then your employee discount on top of it!!!
So I picked up some more cardstock, LOL ... especially now that we have Bazzil. A couple of weeks ago I picked up a couple of Spellbinders that were on clearance, and a couple of Cricut cards that were on clearance. It's really great deals though and when you work there it's even more of a discount.

Theresa - that's what we've done with our bathroom. Larry took out everything and replaced the tile, made it into a walk-in shower (and really big with a seat inside).
We replaced the toilet and the sink and he painted and tiled that also. It looks really nice, but it is white, so a lot more cleaning on my part, LOL. We still need to find a medicine cabinet though. The one we originally picked out, Larry didn't think he wanted, too cheaply made after he looked at it more. So he's still looking around. And then after we finally find one of those, we'll get a shelving unit over the toilet. One room at a time...of course we probably won't be able to do anything else for a while. I'm sorry about Aunt Joyce. She's being motherly, too.

Nylene - that is wonderful that you hold meetings like that. I can imagine holidays are the worst for people with addiction problems.
I'm not fond of technology...maybe because I seem to run into so many problems. My printer has to be replaced, and it's not even two years old. The one I had before lasted me for almost ten years. It's things like that that drive me crazy. The stuff (registers, radios and handhelds, etc ) at work are always giving us problems. We are constantly having to replace very expensive pieces of equipment. But, on the other hand, if and when Meagan and crew move out and I can skype with Kaitlyn, I'm sure I'll be thinking differently, LOL.

I was originally supposed to work today but that changed,
so I'm off and really happy about it since I wound up working yesterday 10 1/2 hours because we were so swamped and short-handed. So my body is yelling at me
today. And we are going to have a cookout. One of Meagan's friends and her little boy are going to come over later, too. So, I'm really happy I get to spend it with my family, and we're actually going to do something together. Looking forward to it.

Thanks for all the well-wishes about Taylor and her family. It's still very hard, and of course it will be for
a very long while.

Anyway, I wrote a book, so I'm off. I sure wish I would actually find some mojo to scrap

Happy 4th.

t-towngirl
Mayor
t-towngirl
In response to toni-n-tn

Hi Ladies! Happy 4th!

Welcome Cher, Henri and I the "new girls " on the block. We landed in a very friendly group. You will enjoy it. Congratulations on your Masters degree.

Tina, can't wait to see pictures of the room. I hope the rolling crate the I bought will be useful for my big paper pads.

Theresa, I know Aunt Joyce does not mean it, but it gets to be frustrating sometimes.

I can't believe the amount they were charging for the bathtub. You are going to be happy with just the shower and not tub. After taking care of mom, and seeing how hard it was for her and me to give her a bath, I decided that we did not needed a tub anymore. So, we are taking the tub out in the front bathroom and making it a walk in shower. We are getting older it's getting harder to even bend down to wash the tub.

Henri, hope you are home safe and sound sleeping in your own bed.

Neylene, we were supposed to go to a BBQ at my daughter's house, but it's a little over an hour's drive, and my husband did not want to drive anymore. We worked very hard in the house the last two days then drove home yesterday, and by the end of the day his back was really hurting. So we are just staying home and relaxing today.

Toni, too bad I missed the paper sale.

Got to run. Enjoy your day ladies.

Nylene motherbambi
Mayor
Nylene motherbambi

Hi, everyone. And a Big Welcome to Cher. Hope that's your first name. I forgot to ask. LOL. Feel free to check in as often or just as you get time. We are a small group but we all have things going on in our lives. Glad to have you aboard.
After I posted to you yesterday, I read the rest of your bio. Boy, you are one accomplished woman! It will be fun to get to know you better.

Toni, I have to make myself not go to JoAnn's. I buy things that I don't need right now but may in the future....you know that kind of stuff. My room has lots of clutter and I am tackling it one wall at a time. Glad you had the day off.

Tina, be sure to post photos of your room. The newness and the cleanness will make me jealous, I know.

I'm sending you all a for the 4th of July. I'll check back in later. I have kids coming in a few minutes. Have a great day.

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

Welcome Cherscrapr - glad to have you here! Anxious to hear more about you.

I commend you for finishing your education. I wish I had pushed further and later when I had the opportunity to go back and finish, I didn't. I admire you for doing that!

Tina - did you have to mention pancakes and bacon? Oh man, two of my favorite things!

Just got home about 3 hours ago. Bill turned the a/c off before we went and it is still sweltering in here. I just hope it cools off enough to sleep before bedtime.

I have a lot of packing and started doing it but it was just too hot to get much done. This is Florida. You can't turn your air conditioning completely off!

Theresa TSC
Expert
Theresa TSC

Happy 4th everyone. It's like living in a war zone here with all the fireworks that they've been setting off since the early part of June. I, for one, will be really happy to have it all over! My right ear is still ringing from one really loud one that they set off last night--think it actually hit my house--the walls shook. Had the people across the street and the ones on both direct sides of me setting them off last night till after 10:30. (well the people across the street set off about 20 minutes worth and were in before 9). Hoping that it starts pouring down rain about 9:30 tonight! That's mean sounding I know but I'm exhausted. They didn't have to get up and work this morning like we did. Then again, if they don't use them all up they'll just be back out there again tomorrow night. Seriously don't know where they get the money to buy them all!

Welcome Cher(?) Glad to have you join us. Hats off for getting the masters, I have been trying to study for my Certified Case Managers test that I have to take in August and my brain cells are fried. I'm an RN but currently working for Diversified Nurse Consultants with Humana at Home clients. I have to call myself a Care Manager instead of Case Manager, basically I help the members stay healthy and try to keep the out of the hospital. If I pass, I can add that certification and be a bonafide Case Manager. Won't make any difference really in the job I have, just a title, but if I want to go away from traveling to people's homes, I can take the CCM title and do telephonic or in facility CM.

No 4th of July plans here. Had to work today because I had that conference last week and didn't want my clients to miss two weeks in a row (three of them ended up in the hospital while I was off, doubt it would have made any difference if I'd been there but don't think I'm not going to tout it as job security for me, LOL). Randy's working til 7. Well he said he was working til 7 last night and got home at 9:30 so who knows so I'm not even grilling. Too noisy out there anyway. I really need to move WAY out to the country! Being with people all day I like my quiet time.

Still haven't finished my notes (can't get a good signal in Ohio County so couldn't do them in the houses today) but think I'm going to go make a birthday card for my nephew. He turned 13 last week but they were in Florida so I procrastinated. Now they're back and I'm sure he's going to be wondering where it is. He actually really appreciates my cards so can't get him a store bought one. My brain is kind of fried so may have to hit Pinterest for ideas.

Edited by Theresa TSC on 07-04-17 02:20 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

Getting over jet lag here. HA! Bill took a 3 hour nap late yesterday afternoon. Wrong thing to do.

Then we were up until I insisted we go to bed at 2AM (which our bodies thought was 11PM), although we fell asleep easily, fortunately.

When we woke up today, it was afternoon. It was 12:09 - we slept part of the day away.

I told BIll we were going to bed between 12 and 1 tonight and back it up and little bit more tomorrow night and we should be back on schedule.

That is how I get us back on schedule - move us up an hour each night for a couple nights and if we come from the other direction, we stay up an hour later every night for a couple nights.

For us, that is the easiest way to slip back into the correct time zone.

We heard about 20 minutes worth of fireworks last night but they were in the distance enough that I had to ask Bill, "Was that a firework or did you drop something from your desk?" We really couldn't hear them much at all and I they were early. If we hadn't been listening for fireworks, then I don't think we would have heard them at all. Just sounded like a neighbors car door closing.

Usually the neighbors on the next block on the side of us shoot off really pretty ones on 4th of July and New Year's eve. We go to bed early and pull our blinds up and we are able to lay in bed and watch them. The ones they shoot aren't overly loud, just pretty and we like to lay there and enjoy them.

I don't care too much for the ones that just make a lot of noise. I can do without all the noise!

There is a big fireworks show every Friday night at the Hilton Hawaiian Village in Waikiki and it gets loud, but we often go when we are there. Its so pretty over the water.
As a child I used to love the big public firework displays, although I never liked the loud noise that goes with them. I startle easily and always have! If Bill is at his desk and it is quiet, then he does one of those ear-piecing sneezes, I will usually jump and even gasp or let out a little yelp sometimes.

That cracks him up, but I can't help it. It startles me.

t-towngirl
Mayor
t-towngirl

Hello ladies, just stopping to say hi. Had one crazy day yesterday.

Today was better, and I decided that the world can wait, I am going to try and scrap a couple of pages tonight. I need a break.

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

Good Blanca - anxious to see your pages. I need to get two more pages done tonight but Bill is talking about going to bed. We are trying to get back on schedule since coming home from California.

We went to bed at 3:00AM this morning. We've got to get back to normal!

t-towngirl
Mayor
t-towngirl

Went and got a much needed haircut and pedicure today.
How is every one doing? Any vacation plans? I would like to go to the beach towards the end of August, hopefully after all the vacationers have gone home.

Finally seating down and relaxing.

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

Nothing at all exciting. Bill is working on a short cruise but not likely it will work out so I'm not even going to bring it up. Price is way too high - even if it comes down, it will be way over budget for us!

tinacloer
Expert
tinacloer

Hi ladies. Happy Sunday!

Well, my week off of work is almost over. I did get my scrap room mostly finished. I'm waiting on my hubby to put up my new wire mesh bulletin boards that I made and then I'll get some photos posted. I didn't want to spend a lot of money on redoing it, so I painted and got a new desk and most of the rest of it is stuff that either I made, repurposed or Olivia made it. I also made a few LO's in the past couple of days, so I had a productive week off.

We are headed to take the kids to see the new Spiderman movie later today. Griffin has really been looking forward to it. He and I went on a date on Friday. We had a picnic at a local park, played some games and had a really good chat. He's a pretty introspective boy, so it was nice to get him talking.

Bianca - We want to go on vacation during fall break in October. My husband is interviewing for new jobs though, so we may not get to go, we are going to have to wait to see for a bit. I'm going to Orlando in November for a conference, but that won't really be a vacation.

I hope that you all have a nice day! The weather here is going to be beautiful, so I'm sure that we will be headed outside.

Theresa TSC
Expert
Theresa TSC
In response to tinacloer

Happy Sunday all! Just a second to pop on before church. Got the tub out and the shower in--wow, what a difference. Can't say the room looks large but it sure looks bigger and better. I sent Jeremy a photo and he didn't realize it was our bathroom, thought it was what we were going to get. Yep, that's different.

Went and got a new light fixture for the guest room. We had a ceiling fan in there which worked great until I put the bunk beds up. Now Kate is afraid Julianne will hurt herself on the fan blade (not on when she's here but I can see it). Couldn't find anything I liked at Lowe's so ended up just picking up one at Wal-Mart. Fought with trying to get it installed for over an hour until I wrenched my knee and finally gave up. Randy is at a nerd expo in Nashville. Will have to wait til he gets back and possibly can help.

Tina, Jeremy said the new Spiderman was awesome. Randy went to see it with Trish and Jackson last night after their expo ended (your guys would like where they are, so far they've got to sit in on several meet and great type things with stars from Doctor Who, Shield, Supergirl, etc.). Randy said it was good, didn't rave as much as Jeremy did. J liked it because he said it was actually a movie and not just trying to bring a comic book to life.

Henri, hope your jet lag is better.

Waving to everyone else, just saw the clock!

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

Sounds like you have had a productive week off work Tina. You got a lot accomplished! I bet the new scraproom is awesome!

I hope you get your fall vacation - if your husband is starting a new job, I know it could be "iffy", but - hopefully it will work out. I love fall vacations.

I know we live in Florida, but its still too cold us in the winter so we usually take off for a couple months in January, right after New Year's Day and are gone January and February. We do that most every year, sometimes through April. We want to do that this winter, but the cruise ship we want to go on for 4 months is filled up. I know there will be cancellations and cabins to open up, but it filled up so fast, I'm not sure they will drop the price and we can't go on it without a substantial price drop. So, it may not work out next year but if it doesn't, we will find something else.

Our house is one of those old 80's fake-brick things that painted. I really do like our house, very dated, but its comfortable to us. Previous owners, I don't know how long ago but I would say pretty early on, added a huge master bathroom. In the bathroom, they put one of those old garden tubs. They were popular in the 80's but I would give anything for a normal tub instead. Well, a little larger than normal - I don't want a standard tub, I want something comfortable, but I don't want what is in there now.

Its difficult for me to get in and out of - cleaning it is impossible without getting in it. Our hot water tank hold enough hot water to fill it just BELOW the jets so you have to completely drain the hot water tank. Wait and little while for the hot water tank to heat up, and then fill it the rest of the way. It takes about an hour to fill while waiting for the hot water to be replaced.

It is used once a year - maybe twice a year and some years, not at all. I get tired of a shower every day and some days, would love a nice tub bath but that one is just too much trouble and too difficult to get in and out of.

Someday I would like to remodel our bathroom, and that will be the first thing to go! I can't believe they were so popular! My brother and his wife have a big garden tub and the only time its used is when the grandkids are visiting. The kids love it because its like a swimming pool.

Friends of BIll's are coming in today for one or two nights - not sure. Not looking forward to it. I always feel that he isn't fond of me. Somehow he makes me feel not pretty enough and not smart enough. I feel like he thinks I'm not good enough for Bill.

I realize he speaks 7 languages fluently, or maybe its 8. He conducts business in all those languages. When he goes to Arab countries for business, he speak fluent Arabian. No matter what we are talking about, he knows more about it and I end up just keeping my mouth shut.

It wouldn't surprise me if we started talking about scrapbooking, he would know more than I did and make me feel stupid.

His wife is nice but really a lot younger than we are and we have nothing in common. Her social life and country club life - well we can't relate to it.

They will be in Orlando for the 12-year old's tennis camp this week.

I guess they are nice enough, but my self esteem takes time to recover after we are around them. They would really shun me if they knew my mother lived in a triple-wide mobile home in Alabama.

I guess Bill and I are old - we had no idea there was a new Spider-Man movie. Bill likes action movie and I don't care for blood and guts on the big screen in technicolor (don't even care for it on the small screen at home - not entertaining to me). He doesn't care much for chick flicks and silly, sappy comedies. We don't see a lot of movies.

In 2010 we saw one on a military base in the theater. I think it was called 2016 or something like that about the end of the world. It was okay. Only one theater on the base in Okinawa and that is what was playing.

I did like that before the movie, everyone stood up and put their hands over their hearts and we all said the pledge of allegiance and when it was over, we remained standing and watching the flag in the theater while they played the star-spangled banner. I loved that. Wish we did that here at home.

I can't remember the last time I said the pledge of allegiance at home or the last time I heard the star spangled banner and stood for it - I know they do it at football games but we don't care for football so we don't go. We hear the Star Spangled Banner on military bases when the raise the flag in the morning and when they take it down at night.

Sadly, on some bases the neighbors complained about it because they could hear it so some base, they no longer play the Star Spangled banner when the flag is raised in the morning and lowered at night. I really do find that sad.

Wish we had a military base near us. I would love to hear that every day!

t-towngirl
Mayor
t-towngirl

Hey ladies! Went to church and to lunch with friends afterwards.

Theresa, your cealing fan brought back memories of a co worker's kids. They had bunk beds, and yes! They decided to hang from the fan to see if they could spin around. Needles to say, they brought the fan down.

Henri, I can't stand people like that. I always think that deep down inside they are very insecure people.

Tina how exciting about your room. Post pictures so I can be jealous, in a good way of course.

I am like Henri, don't go to the movies a lot. DH does not my chick flicks and really, he is not really a movies person. Our movies are usually animated ones that we take the grand kids to see.

oldwesternpea
Tenant
oldwesternpea

I'm so behind reading messages that I'm not going to try to read all of them. Just wanted to check in and say hello. Have not had a day off since April 28. Tired. Sore, and Busy.Take Care everyone and I promise I will be back eventually.

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean
In response to oldwesternpea

We had dinner with Bill's friends and it went nice actually. Then they drove on tonight - have other things to do so they won't be staying for the night.

Neither of us can sit through the animated movies either. Our California granddaughters wanted us to watch Moana on Netflix with them. Bill was asleep in 5 minutes, me in 10.

Nylene motherbambi
Mayor
Nylene motherbambi

Melanie!!!! So good to see you. I'm sorry you have been so busy.
Isn't this the last year you plan to have the store open? How is your husband doing? I'm sorry the whole load has fallen on you.
I think about you often!

I have been scrapping all weekend. I like to scrap the close family's photo Christmas cards, but I am way behind. Because they are having a Christmas in July challenge at 2peas refugees (and I told one of our Pokey Peas I'd participate) I am trying to do a few this month. I have lots of Wedding photos and Cousin Camp photos I'm anxious to do, so I do a Christmas card and then something more fun. I did our oldest DGD's engagement and the a couple of Christmas cards. I'm now working on a wedding page.

Henri, with all your traveling I'm surprised you have time to scrap. You must be the fastest digi scrapper in the world! I really enjoy your pages. Post some of your favorites here.

Toni, you have just posted a couple of pages that are really cute. I wish you would post them here so everyone can see that cute little granddaughter.

Tina, I'm looking forward to seeing your scraproom photos. How are your girls doing?

Here is the engagement page. The bulk of the flowers lifted it up off the scanner so the photo is pretty dark. Much prettier in real life.
Love in the Air By Nylene Motherbambi

Edited by Nylene motherbambi on 07-10-17 11:40 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

Nylene - I don't think its so much that I'm a fast digi scrapper as it is that everything is pre-organized. Every night on the ships or on trips I sort and label my pictures. I have a file set up for each book I want to scrap and in I copy the pictures every day that may go on the pages, memorabilia and everything for the page. Sometimes I even select background papers that day and put them in that file.

I also put embellishments and things in the file every day.

I have a word file (now only 38 pages but it was close to 200 pages when I started digi scrapping) and it is my notes from every night for my journaling. All I have to do is the research and I do that in advance too.

When I sit down to actually scrap, all I have to do is put the papers together, which are usually in the file I'm doing, add pictures and embellishments from the file and then edit, then copy/paste the journaling. So I'm not starting out from scratch. Its all together.

SInce I do an entire port with the same papers style - it comes together quickly.

For this last 2-month cruise - there were 44 or 45 ports. I made a template of the porthole page, just have to change the date, name of port or city, and picture in the porthole. Then I copy/paste the journaling on the title page. Takes 5-10 minutes for those pages since I made the template.

Then the next page is my map page and I searched nearly all of those in advance and they are in the picture file.

I seem to spend several weeks just organizing what I'm going to do, then several weeks just putting out a ton of pages!

Will pick out a few that I think are okay to put here. I always forget to do that because I don't want to slam anyone with all the layouts.

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

Page 445 - Volume Scrapping By Henri Jean

Page 446 - Volume Scrapping By Henri Jean

Page 453 - Volume Scrapping By Henri Jean

This one is Sarande, Albania - name is on the title page..

Page 457 - Volume Scrapping By Henri Jean

Page 461 - Volume Scrapping By Henri Jean

Page 463 - Volume Scrapping By Henri Jean

This one moves from Alberobello, Italy to Polignano so I changed the color of the paper, but same pattern.

Page 470 - Volume Scrapping By Henri Jean

Then on to Bari, where I changed the paper color again because Alberobello, Polignano and Bari were all visits from the same port.

This is the outside of the church of St. Nicholas in Bari.

Page 477 - Volume Scrapping By Henri Jean

I always follow our journeys in story-form and this really skips around so much of it may not make much sense. But, still, you can see the pages and get an idea what I do.

Thank you so much for the compliments Nylene!

Nylene motherbambi
Mayor
Nylene motherbambi

Henri, no wonder you are such a fast digi scrapper. That's pretty cool that you have it all researched and photos and some papers chosen before you even get home. You do amazing pages!

I posted the engagement page of our granddaughter, Megan, and these photos were taken around the temple to use as decorations on tables, strings, etc. at the reception. I will scrap some of the very day of her wedding once the are printed. Her mom let me have my choice of photos after the reception, so I chose a bunch!
She got such a great guy...and he's a redhead so he fits right into the family.

For Time & All Eternity By Nylene Motherbambi

Theresa TSC
Expert
Theresa TSC

Waving hi to everyone from the melting state of Kentucky. The last two days have been just miserable--and it's not even August yet!

Got the light up in the guest room before Randy came home, finally gave up on the crappy instructions and just thought it through--went up a lot easier--still not easy, but easier and at least it's working!

My Aunt Joyce has now decided that she must have a two door white Chevy Sonic. She is very clear, that is what she wants. Still haven't been able to talk her into even driving around her street mind you but she is determined that she has to buy a car. She hasn't driven in about 8-9 years. Still has her license. Gets really light headed and has very slowed reaction time so by all means lets buy a new car! Same woman that didn't want to spend the money to redo her bathroom now wants to take 4 times more money and buy a death machine. I swear I'm going to have to start taking medication!!!!! I called her today and told her to get a grocery list together because I'm taking the Prius (not much bigger than the Sonic that she thinks she can drive) and coming over in the morning and she's going to drive it to the store. (See I really do need medication!) I'm actually going to take her to the school parking lot and let her drive it around to get used to it before I let her get on a road with other cars. I'm hoping she'll scare the daylights out of herself and give up on buying a car. I'm also really hoping she doesn't wreck my little Prius, I love it!

Did you know that if you type the word c rap (put it all together) then it will put little asterisks in place of the letters like it was a bad word? Had to edit this note to take it out and change the terminology to "scare the daylights out of her" to avoid making you think I typed a dirty work. Crazy.

That's about it for me. Got a new client yesterday and didn't finish inputting his assessment and have two notes from today to still input because I couldn't get internet in their houses. Have to get this house picked up and baby proofed. Jeremy/Kate are bringing my baby grands to see us!

Edited by Theresa TSC on 07-13-17 01:55 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

I wish my mother wasn't on the road driving Theresa but she would be miserable if we didn't allow it, and quite frankly, none of us can stop her.

She will be 89 in a couple weeks and lives in Alabama. Today she is about 5 hours from home driving a pick up truck hauling a load of boat motors (she owns her own business - a place that sells and repairs small boats and sells and repair all outboard engines - Mercury and Johnson dealership. She owns it all).

In April she drove 10 hours to get here and then 10 hours home. I don't think she should be on the road, my brothers don't think she should be on the road but so far so good...

I do think we are going to have to deal with taking her license away in the next few years and it isn't going to be easy. She's a fighter, she's feisty, and she really isn't going to give it up without a fight. We just pray for her safety on the road, that is all we can do.

Joe graduates from Ringling School of Art and Design in 4 years - mom plans to drive down here for it - 10 hours each way! She will be 94! I have a feeling she will do it, even though we are all against it. We were against the drive here in April.

Her memory is getting forgetful now, and that is what we are keeping an eye on. That worries me more than anything.

We played a card game on night - Skip-Bo. She did really well. We sat down the next night and she looked at the cards and said, "Have I ever played this before?" She had no clue how to play.

We really have to watch her but she loves to drive and we all wish she wouldn't. But we know that as long as she can do it, we cannot take her independence away.

We all thought it was ridiculous when mom bought a Honda pickup truck - new off the lot a few years ago. She was in her 80's and bought that pickup up truck. Has to have a running board to get in it! With her stooped shoulder, she's under 5' tall. I have no idea how many miles she has put on that truck. Just drives it everywhere. I'm sure it is way in excess of 150,000 miles!

It is excellent that you are willing to help her re-learn to drive! That is awesome and will keep her safer.

t-towngirl
Mayor
t-towngirl

Theresa, you are a brave woman, I could not get in the car with her. I sure hope your plan works.

My mom would have driven almost to the end if we would have let her. She was a very independent woman and and when she got sick and we took turns taking care of her, there were days when she would get upset and tell me how sad it was to lose control Of her life.

I am a pretty independent woman, and I hope when my time comes, to remember everything I learned while taking care of mom, so I can make my kids life a little easier.

Nylene motherbambi
Mayor
Nylene motherbambi

Theresa and Henri, I was laughing out loud reading your posts about elderly driving. My husband had to step in to see what was cracking me up. My dad drove right up until his death at 96. He hated stop signs and stop lights so would take every little silly back road to avoid them. When I was driving and would slow at an intersection, he'd say, don't slow down, they have the stop sign You just sail through. Yikes!!
Henri I hope your mom's memory holds out as long as her body. Mom's Alzheimer's was so hard.

Theresa, good luck with Aunt Joyce. My husband ALWAYS drove whenever we were together. For many years we just had one car and he took it to work. So my driving was just occasional. Now that he is losing his sight I am the driver and I don't feel very proficient at it. I love the open road, freeways, etc, but hate driving in traffic, having to park in crowded places and having to back up to get into a parking place. My prayers are with you as you take Aunt Joyce driving if she is that out of practice. BTW, I saw the comments on Megan's wedding photos. We really have watched one another's kids and grandkids grow up haven't we. Seems like we have been friends forever!!

Blanca, that must have been so hard for your mom. I dread the day that my kids take my license. They have been trying to get DH to quit driving for several years. He had a couple of eye surgeries which helped and is legal to drive under 45mph but I drive except in the neighborhood and when he goes to work.

Nice to see you all. Take care and have a great weekend.
Nylene

Theresa TSC
Expert
Theresa TSC

Change of plans--thankfully! Jeremy called last night and they're coming tonight instead of tomorrow night. Not that we'll be home tomorrow mind you and he knows that but his plan is to drop the dogs off and take Kate and the girls down to Murray and Grand River for the day to show them where he went to college before he went to Pharmacy School in Lexington. Not thrilled about the poor granddogs being locked up all day but what can you do. Randy has to do sound for a funeral for a 22 year old that was killed in a motorcycle accident so he'll actually be here til 10 and then after 2 or so. Anyway, since they're coming I told Joyce I couldn't spend the morning with her after all, used picky Kate as an excuse saying I needed to deep clean. I did take her to the store and when she was too tired to stand to pay I reminded her if she had driven herself she wouldn't have been able to sit down. Her answer was, well if I had a car I wouldn't have to come just once a week and spend so much time getting everything for a week, I could get stuff as I needed it! Geesh!!!! Did finally get her to understand that the Chevy Spark that she has been drooling over has 4 doors--got close to one--really weird the way the back doors open, the handles are more like hatchback type located on the window. Also pulled up next to a Kia Soul and she finally accepts that they are bigger than she thought. Baby steps, baby steps!

Henri, I really don't think age is the big factor with driving. We have one gal that is really close to 100 and she drives--really slow but she drives. To the best of my knowledge, she's never had a wreck or even a traffic violation. She's sharp as a tack they say. Joyce's problem is her heart, she does have really slow reflexes with her arthritis too. She gets really week suddenly and almost passes out, no warning. The arteries in the back of her heart are almost completely blocked but there is nothing that they can do to fix them. If she had been driving off and on over the last 7 years (we figured it up, that's how long it's been) I'd be more apt to go along (not happy but she is her own boss and it is her money). She told me today that I can start bringing the old Rav4 over and she'll start out slow. Again, baby steps.

Gotta go, crop is tonight and I'm going to a Quick Kuts workshop tomorrow and still haven't gathered up my supplies.

Have a great weekend all, the girls will be here so I'll be tied up.

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

Where my mom worries me is that she is not as sharp as a tack anymore. I see memory issues more and more! Even though she owns the business, they don't let her do anything with the books anymore because its cost so much time to find the mistakes and she even manages to loose money when she does the books. However, she still does a great job with customers and handling phones and doing errands and things like that.

She loves getting up, putting on makeup and dressing nicely and going to work every day. Says she always wants to do that, and probably will.

I don't think my mom should be driving. She has done some things that were not safe. My niece (18) then said she was with mom and mom drove several blocks down a one way street - the wrong way. When people honked, she waved and commented how friendly the people were in that town.

I was with her once and my nephews were with us. I wasn't paying attention when one of my nephews asked her, "Granny, aren't we supposed to be on the other side of the double yellow line?" YEP!

My mom really does scare me but it would kill her if we took her license away. She's only in her life had one accident so that is good and never in her life has she had a ticket.

Nylene motherbambi
Mayor
Nylene motherbambi

Theresa, I'm glad you will get to spend some time with the girls.
I hope you have a great time. As far as Aunt Joyce, oh my, you have the patience of Job. I hope she'll decide she can't do it and that that will happen before she wrecks YOUR car.

Henri, you mom must be an interesting woman. My mom started losing her memory and would get lost. She hid it for a long time. She'd just drive around until something looked familiar and then she'd go home....when she was really on her way somewhere else.

I feel guilty posting my pages here when most of you don't post yours. Please do! These pages are from last year's Cousin Camp Tea party. I will have to start working on this year's Camp.
Cousin Tea Party By Nylene Motherbambi

tinacloer
Expert
tinacloer

Hi ladies! I hope that you are all having a good start to your weekend. I thought I would drop by and post the link to the page with the photos of my scraproom. It's not all of the way finished, but it's mostly done.

My mint green scrap room By Tinacloer

Craft paint storage By Tinacloer

Paint and spray ink storage By Tinacloer

Work table with granite top By Tinacloer

Other storage By Tinacloer

I didn't show a good photo of the Tim Holtz cart or some of the other industrial style things that I put in there, but I do love that cart, it holds a ton of stuff. Have a happy evening ladies!

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean
In response to tinacloer

Beautiful room - so much space and so much storage. I could get a lot done in a room like that. Or I would just sit and stare and my cool room and want to keep reorganizing! Awesome room!

tinacloer
Expert
tinacloer
In response to tinacloer

I just read up on the chat from the last couple of days.

Theresa - It really sounds like Ruby shouldn't be driving. It would be terrible for her to pass out or react too slowly and hurt someone. You are super brave for letting her drive your car too. When my Grandpa was in his mid 80's, we had to take his keys. He had gotten to be a crazy bad driver and he always drove too fast, we were afraid he was going to kill someone and he couldn't find his way home to his current house anymore, he always went to the one that he sold when he retired in the 80's.

I hope you enjoy your time with your girlies tomorrow!

Henri - I think your process for getting all of those LO's organized and done is pretty remarkable. I am a pretty slow scrapper, I'd never be able to get all of that done. Your LO's and photography are always so pretty too.

Nylene - Please don't feel bad about posting your LO's here, I love that you do it and wish more people would. It makes it easy to find them all and I love seeing them in here as I scroll through. I thought that Megan's wedding LO was so pretty, they are such an attractive couple and they look so happy.

Olivia came by to have dinner and hang out with us today. She eats here probably 3 nights a week since she moved out, which makes me happy. Mallory and I really miss her when she's gone for too long. She seems to be adjusting to the adulting life. She's started doing volunteer work at the humane society and at my agency and joined a group at her new church for people in their 20's. She's doing really well out on her own.

Well, I think I'm done for the evening. I'm really tired, I keep waking up at 5am, even when I don't have any place to go.

Tina

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean
In response to tinacloer

I am going to post a few layouts here. I don't want to do many because I'm average a lot of layouts trying to finish these books and I don't want to bomb the thread with them. But I'll put a few that I like.

Page 501 - Volume Scrapping By Henri Jean

Page 502 - Volume Scrapping By Henri Jean

Page 4 of 18 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics