Username Post: Is there a thing as too many stamps?        (Topic#1664593)
TJCraftyWitch
Governor
TJCraftyWitch

Does anyone ever feel that maybe they have too many stamps? I know that realistically I probably have too many stamps, but I love love my stamps.
I usually only buy new ones that are really different and ones that I get through CTMH as I have been a consultant with them and they always have great new ones. But I like a few companies that create some cool ones.

Personally I know I have Stampin Up stamps, Close to my Heart stamp sets, and then Stamps of Life, and loads and loads of other brands. I can say that I probably have close to 500 stamps or more. I haven't counted and probably shouldn't. It would scare me. LMAO.

So share your stamp obsession please. Let me know that I am not the only one with one. I have others too with my crafting, but I know that is one of the top ones. I can honestly say it has to be an unusual stamp set for me to buy it in the craft stores. I will order online or buy them at a Crafting event when there is cool companies that not a lot of people see everyday.

don1
don1 
Pro
don1
  • don1 on 12-25-16 09:18 AM
In response to TJCraftyWitch

Only when I can't find the one I NEED, and I know I have it!!!

Joanie R
Guru
Joanie R
In response to don1

I haven't counted how many stamps I own. It would probably be easier to count sets and then that number would probably freak me out. Definitely need to cut back on acquiring this year.

andrea m
Governor
andrea m
In response to Joanie R

I own hundreds and it is never enough. I have some I should probably get rid of but I always want new ones.

TJCraftyWitch
Governor
TJCraftyWitch
In response to andrea m

I hardly ever part with a set of stamps, unless for some reason I end up with a second copy of it. I usually give it away as a hostess gift, a gift to a pal or birthday card gift as well.

I love all my stamp sets

Just Nora
Idol
Just Nora
In response to TJCraftyWitch

I am asking this myself as I hoard what I have. I need to go through and purge things that I have not used in years but then I cannot part with it when I see it. I no longer buy rubber stamps either as they are hard to store.

SBBeryl
Tenant
SBBeryl
In response to Just Nora

Last year I only bought one set from the shop here. I tend to buy same themes floral, leaves, Christmas, nature, scrolls, etc so I have enough stamps and put myself on a low buy no buy..............
Some of the cardmaking/stamping magazines I buy online from UK (MoreMags) come with free sets of stamps this last Christmas bought it,is a very nice set.
I did count them years ago and then I had 135.
I have 3 sets of inchies from when they were popular.
Wooden/rubber stamps I only have 9 so those are on display on crafts table. I forget to use them.
Still thinking about maybe buying one or two background stamps.............I do like looking at all the new stamps but then I think I have enough stamps.

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to SBBeryl

I just checked my inventory list and it shows I have 571 stamps. Many of those are sets, so who knows how many separate stamps! Do I think I have too many? No way! I think I probably need quite a few more, especially all the Penny Black's that are still on my wish list. :>) Fortunately I have a husband and daughter who spoil me for Christmas and birthday, but I'll admit that I've bought "a few" for myself. lol Unfortunately I'm also addicted to dies, stencils, inks, markers, paper.... What's funny is that I usually use clipart to make my own "stamps", but I do enjoy looking at my stamps.

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK
In response to mrsdriver5

My feeling is that "too many" would be when I can no longer remember what I own. That means they are not being used enough. As long as I'm constantly going through them and using them, I haven't got too many. Does that make sense?

olleharr
Mayor
olleharr
In response to RedSquirrel UK

I have way more than I'll ever use but they are the one supply I have a hard time parting with. They definitely are my addiction.

Mother Goose
Diva
Mother Goose
In response to olleharr

My late husband used to tease me about my scrapping stash and my frequent trip to the sb store. "Do you really need more paper ( stamps, dies, ink, etc.). My response was always, "Whenever did "need" enter into the equation?" He shut up. lol

WELUVSTANGS
Tenant
WELUVSTANGS
In response to Mother Goose

No. No such thing as too many stamps. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

ppilgrim
Idol
ppilgrim
In response to WELUVSTANGS

Yep, I'm with you Angie. I feel bad for anyone who has to deal with my stamp stash, if I were to suddenly pop my clogs, but I have no luck purging stamps. I can throw away just about anything else but not my stamps.

Do I use them all? Of course not! (Silly question) There's enough virgin rubber in this room to make a set of tractor tires. :-)

Just Nora
Idol
Just Nora
In response to ppilgrim

NO! I am one of those people that cannot purge my stamps. I just hate to get rid of them. And then I buy more!! What is wrong with me?

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics