Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: February Budget Challenge        (Topic#1665013)
Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

Details:
We're here to try to stay within limits on our scrappy/crafty spending, though we have plenty of enabling going on! We take turns hosting (whomever has time that particular month) as it gets a bit chaotic sometimes! We are a chatty bunch of savers and enablers! (Mostly enablers!)

The rules: List your scrappy budget for the whole month. Then list the high priority items that you want to buy this month!
OPTIONAL: List something you are NOT allowed to buy all month! (Forty lashes with a piece of wet twine if you cave in on that one!)

Tell us how much you spend throughout the month, and keep track of it as you spend. We like details about your shopping around here. No such thing as TMI! You do not have to include costs for adhesives, swaps, storage, gifts or shipping, unless you want to. Please round to the nearest dollar value.

Please enable and tempt us to buy the wonderful items we want....but don't tempt us to bust our budget!!!

Whatever works for you - a no buy challenge, a do this many layouts before I spend this much - whatever goes as long as there is some aspect of a budget involved. And yes we all bust now and then...no wet noodle flogging here.

Tammy - £50 - things for Iceland pages
Stephanie - $50 - our beautiful scientist returns
Karen - $0 until 25 layouts done!
Sharon - $50 - only because she is going to a crop and gets to see NEW product and well I would be having a budget for that too!
Amanda $0 - only 77 more layouts to go! (she who manages 23 layouts with no mojo - yeah right)
Sonja - $140 but that includes 110 for her SMS invoice to drop so in reality $30
Chris - $0
Dawn - $100
Julie- $50
Vivian - $50
Janeen - $75
Kelly - $60 - and let's hope that fridge mess gets sorted!
Linda - $0

Edited by Ladybing Tammy on 02-06-17 05:00 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

SJB1120
Expert
SJB1120
In response to Ladybing Tammy

Hi Tammy, long time since I've been on here...but a Michael's is opening in my area this weekend so I see scrapping in my future! If I end up going (which I'm sure I will) I don't want to spend more than $50 between instore and online purchases as I have a lot of projects I am behind on.

Iceland sounds like a lot of fun!!! Have you ever purchased from Scrap Your Trip?

-Stephanie

hereiam
Diva
hereiam
In response to SJB1120

I'm here!!

As promised from one of my January posts. I'm on a spending freeze of cardstock, stickers, embellies of any kinda, patterned paper, or just anything generally pretty or decorative through the end of February and I have 25 pages pages complete. So no spending in February no matter what and I can't spend until 25 pages are complete. And in the interest of full discloser, I started counting my 25 pages in January when I did that post so I have a few done for that goal.

Wish list....see what's above on my spending freeze. Seriously, I need to stay away from so many of the lines coming out...yikes.

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to hereiam

I am back again this month with a much smaller budget. I had even toyed with the idea of a budget freeze then I remembered I am going to a crop in three weeks where there will be a vendor with possibly as Karen mentioned.......new product....and she always has great prices by the end of the crop....... $50 which means I will have to save all my $ til the middle of the month!!!

Will not buy --- stickers, flowers, brads, pearls, ribbons, lace,

Scrapanda
Queen
Scrapanda
In response to Sewflake

Still at 0 for my budget as I am no where near my 100 pages yet.

Crud still hanging around here - I gave in and went to the doctor last night but he thinks it is viral sinus infection so could only prescribe a nasal spray. Did swab my throat though and sent that to the lab just in case so will see. My temp last night was quite high too so he said no work for me today. I had hoped to send the kiddos to daycare so I could rest but dh had to travel today and had to leave quite early before daycare opened so he couldn't drop them off - I certainly don't feel like leaving the house to take them so it's going to be a quiet day of tv, colouring and other quiet activities hopefully!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Scrapanda

Stephanie!!!!! I am so happy to see you back! I know we keep up on facebook but so nice to see you back to the land of scrapping!

I will update the thread later tonight but saw this and had to say welcome home!

SJB1120
Expert
SJB1120

Thanks, it's nice to be back!!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to SJB1120

yes I have ordrered from Scrap your trip when I lived in Canada. There is an oline store here in the UK that is also a distributor for some of their stuff

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

I'm here of course! My budget should be zero, but that's just unrealistic.... as usual! Especially since I just signed up for the February crop!

And I learned that my SMS invoices will probably drop this month...

Budget: $140 which includes $110 in SMS invoices
Wishlist: Bo Bunny 'Feeling Festive' stamp, Avery Elle 'Viking' stamp, Lawn Fawn "Dream" stamp, Hero Arts "Seattle" and "Los Angeles" stamps. Washi tape storage from Ms
Twist: Buy nothing but essentials or storage!

Really I don't need those stamps, but I want them and this is my wish list so there!

Edited by SonjaC on 02-01-17 11:44 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Chris Aiton
Expert
Chris Aiton
In response to SonjaC

Hello to everyone! I can't believe that it is already February! January just flew by..........
Amanda, hope you are feeling better. Lots of flue and bronchitis around down here. One of DH's friends ended up in the hospital as his bronchitis turned into an infection in his lungs - he's been in ICU for a week but finally today he has improved and was moved to a regular room. So scary!
Since I only got a few layouts done and still haven't posted them, I am saying 0 for my budget in February. I won't be doing much shopping this whole month - too busy and also trying to get some paintings finished. I was digging through my stash the other night and came across 2 half done layouts so they're on my agenda this weekend. And I found some Valentine-y paper so that's perfect for a card for DH.
I love my new fountain pens - I will be writing even more on my layouts.

flutterbye0419
Diva
flutterbye0419
In response to Chris Aiton

I'm in with $100 and hope to fine a big kick on sale! I am not allowed to buy any cricut cartridges or access until I start using what I already have!

julie101
Diva
julie101
In response to flutterbye0419

im in and I give myself $50

just for anything i might see what i would like

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to julie101

Morning ladies - I will get this updated later!

Vivian Lake
Idol
Vivian Lake

Gag!! I just don't need anything! I have yet to pursue a new technique though.

So I'm going to say $50 in case a see "a shiny" that grabs my eye!!

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to Vivian Lake

Hope you have a wonderful day Tammy, enjoy your outing this week end!! Tomorrow!! Hope you have many special days on your horizon!!

godschild94
Governor
godschild94
In response to Sewflake

I'm in and my budget of $75. I have a $10 gift certificate on here so I may be spending some of it early in the month.

Wish list: patterned papers that I will use!
No buy: patterned papers that are just pretty LOL

Scrapanda
Queen
Scrapanda
In response to godschild94

Ugh - clinic called last night and said my throat swab showed strep so ran off to pick up meds for that - then later in the evening I was throwing up.

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to Scrapanda

Happy Birthday, Tammy! Hope you have a super terrific day!!

Amanda, get well soon!!

I am in again. I hardly spent any money last month which is quite shocking for me. Have a really turned a corner or was this just a one month mistake? HA!

Budget $60
Wish: The usual stamps, dies, Copics

I'm going to attempt to employ last months strategy of only picking two days a month to shop although I never used my second shopping day. Let's see if works for February as well. That said, there is a big LF release coming, so...

STILL dealing with fridge drama. The new one is dripping water. I'm besides myself. Tomorrow will be 11 weeks of not having a properly functioning fridge...

kerella
Resident
kerella
In response to Kamananui

Amanda - I hope you start feeling better soon! I hate strep - miserable condition to have.

I'm just posting for moral support this month. I spent my budget yesterday, and my SB.com order shipped today (so excited!). No shopping for me this month!

Y'all got this!

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to kerella

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TAMMY!!!!!!

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to SonjaC

Tammy - Hope you have a wonderful birthday!

Janeen - Your wishlist and twist totally cracked me up!

Kelly - same with yours... The usual stamps *snort*

Katie - That's not a record for busting, but pretty impressive none-the-less!

Oh Amanda! Hope you feel better soon! Yuck.... I thoroughly loath throwing up... idk why my cats find it so entertaining since they do it all the dang time! Bleh.... All the feels, sweetie!

NO!!! Stop it, sb.com!!! And Zulily! Leave me ALONE! I don't wanna spend, but my cart here has some semi-wants, including the stamps on my wishlist and the 10% off. I resisted the embellishment sale the last three days because I really need embellishments like I need another hole in my head. But everything 10% off?

Yes, it only really covers shipping, but that's actually good enough for me... and my cart is under my personal use budget by $5.... stay tuned if I cave on Day 2.... You were saying Tammy?

Edited by SonjaC on 02-02-17 11:07 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Vivian Lake
Idol
Vivian Lake
In response to SonjaC

staying tuned . . .

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake

Well what do you know, just when I don't think I will be doing any spending I go and win a small GC that will cover postage so it is like free shipping with no minimum purchase!! Hmmmm I do have awhile before I have to use it.....

SJB1120
Expert
SJB1120
In response to SonjaC

I just realized I never posted my high priority items...oops. I really want to get a larger sticker maker so I can run my wider dicuts through it. I have ~$30 in GC on amazon so I could afford it and it would be like I didn't spend anything!

So to recap:
$50 Budget
Top of the List: Sticker Maker
Wish List: More Mosaic Moments kits and stuff for Seattle
Avoiding: Germany specific paper/stickers/diecuts, I think I have enough of these for two albums!

Governor
In response to SonjaC

Happy Birthday Tammy!!!!

Budget is $0 - This should be easy since I don't remember any scrap stores on cruise lines and not buying wifi package (it's as much as another person in our cabin)

Good thing is I can't enable anyone while I'm gone - but then again - - I can hope someone shops for me

I have my little stitching projects packed - all in one plastic sandwich bag. Don't you wish that's all we had to pack and unload for a crop!!!

kerella
Resident
kerella
In response to boricuapr

Happy Birthday, Tammy!

Sonja - I didn't bust. I just spent $29.02 of my $30 budget. Believe me, I LOOKED for something for under $1 on SB.com that I wanted.

Have fun on the cruise, BoricuaPR!

flutterbye0419
Diva
flutterbye0419
In response to kerella

So I just looked into the big kick.. yah, if I get that, I will be busting for sure! I will just have to pray I can find one on craigslist for under 100....

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to kerella

Katie - IMPRESSIVE!!! .98 off your budget - BAM way to go!

Stephanie - I'm curious... what's for Seattle? (I'm from there, so it always catches my eye!) Did you see the new Hero Arts city stamps? The Seattle one is on my list this month... NOT that I'm enabling or anything...

Gals, I'm faltering dramatically.... I really want those stamps!

hereiam
Diva
hereiam
In response to SonjaC

Even with the coupon for 10% off, I'm staying off the shopping. I have seen some lines coming out in April that I really want - travel related. I'm going to hold onto that small gold ring.

Happy Birthday Tammy!!

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to hereiam

BTW Karen... I'm up to 10 books already... 9 of them in January alone, although technically I started one in December and finished one on Feb 1...

I'm not putting them all on Good Reads because I'm slightly embarrassed by how many bodice-rippers I actually read...

kerella
Resident
kerella
In response to hereiam

I may have to get that Seattle set, too. Not to get off-topic, but DH is a fan of all sports Seattle, for reasons unknown (never lived anywhere near Seattle). His football fandom has infected me, too.

That will wait for another month, though.

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to kerella

• kerella Said:
I may have to get that Seattle set, too. Not to get off-topic, but DH is a fan of all sports Seattle, for reasons unknown (never lived anywhere near Seattle). His football fandom has infected me, too.

That will wait for another month, though.

YES!!!
Wondered why I felt the 12 vibes from you Katie...
(hence my avi...)

That's funny he's a fan without having lived there tho!

SJB1120
Expert
SJB1120
In response to SonjaC

Hi Sonja! I'm interested in stuff that relates to the market, the waterfront, and the needle! I was there for a conference in July and tried to see as much as I could! The Hero Arts stamp is beautiful!! But I've never been a good stamper. Oh well, I may need to learn!

flutterbye0419
Diva
flutterbye0419
In response to SJB1120

I'm down $10. I purchased a RAK for my contest winner. I am counting EVERYthing so I used my scrappy budget for this prize.

Hope she enjoys it but I don't want to post here incase she sees it.

Governor
In response to SJB1120

• SJB1120 Said:
Hi Sonja! I'm interested in stuff that relates to the market, the waterfront, and the needle! I was there for a conference in July and tried to see as much as I could! The Hero Arts stamp is beautiful!! But I've never been a good stamper. Oh well, I may need to learn!

Stephanie,

Stamping is even easier if you have any of the "stamping platforms". But to through a wrench - check out SB's video showing Tim Holtz's new stamp platform for $36.99 ... coming soon to SB. You can get on notify list.

If I hadn't won my MISTI I'd be drooling for this. Just wish it was 12x12. The 2 open edges is great, unless you have a large centered design on layout.

Hope this helps you!

Linda

Governor

• flutterbye0419 Said:
So I just looked into the big kick.. yah, if I get that, I will be busting for sure! I will just have to pray I can find one on craigslist for under 100....

Dawn - I love my Big Kick because the handle folds down and is easier for me to grab. I still take it to crops even though I won a Big Shot Plus at a crop and LUV it more. It takes a little more storage room, but being able to use multiple folders and dies at the same time is a HUGE time saver and with the 9" width you don't have to cut your papers down to fit.

I got my son's girlfriend an Evolution at TMs for under $30 and the platforms fold up-taking less space--similar to Spellbinder's Platinum.

Ask cropping buddies to test drive their machines and see which one you like best.

Linda

Chris Aiton
Expert
Chris Aiton
In response to boricuapr

So sorry I missed your birthday Tammy - hope it was wonderful!

Amanda, hope you are feeling better.

Sonja, you always crack me up. I read 9 books in January, almost all mysteries, mostly from the library or cheap kindle ones. And now I have ordered 5 books from ebay and amazon - 1 mystery, 2 art books, and 2 cookbooks. I think I need a budget challenge for books!

I might finish a page this afternoon before the game - although I am not a fan of either team, we will probably watch the first half. Another busy week ahead.

Governor
In response to boricuapr

Happy Sunday!!

I've done lots of shopping and spent LOTS of money the past week, all for vaca!! Thank goodness postage to mail all the cards I made don't count.

Stephanie, after reading my post to you, I think I talked myself into getting one for myself - I still haven't used my SB gift certificates, which means I would be short for taxes and shipping.

Katie - DH's bf is a die hard Cowboy fan and his wife is a bigger fanatic for Packers and both from NY. Go figure!

Tammy - hope you feeling better and had an awesome birthday! I'm sure Moose took good care of you!

Sonja - So now you're trying to get me on the City Stamps band wagon - - you win!!!

Sharon - saw your G45 challenge entries and LOVE the papers - which will probably end up in my wish list. I still have 3 G45 packs that I need to use to make room for the new ones I REALLLLLY need.

flutterbye0419
Diva
flutterbye0419
In response to boricuapr

• boricuapr Said:
  • flutterbye0419 Said:

Dawn - I love my Big Kick because the handle folds down and is easier for me to grab. I still take it to crops even though I won a Big Shot Plus at a crop and LUV it more. It takes a little more storage room, but being able to use multiple folders and dies at the same time is a HUGE time saver and with the 9" width you don't have to cut your papers down to fit.

I got my son's girlfriend an Evolution at TMs for under $30 and the platforms fold up-taking less space--similar to Spellbinder's Platinum.

Ask cropping buddies to test drive their machines and see which one you like best.

Linda

Ok, I think I got me confused on the sizzix machines! LOL I am not sure now if it was the big kick or the big shot that I was looking at! Grrr.

As for cropping buddies, I'm a loner. We moved to a city where I have no friends. I can't wait for our move to NC when school lets out. I'm so over this area. But that's a whole new can of worms.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to SonjaC

morning all am back from my wee birthday break! I will try to get this tonight but it might be tomorrow as I have LOTS of laundry to do and no food in the house.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

so caught up - Sonja - did you purchase yet?

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

Hi all!

Stephanie, I can help with Seattle ideas some... see below. I included that discontinued one because I did a page using that one that you might want to check out. Cool that you were there in July - that's probably the best time to be there! I'm not a stamper either, but I NEED that set! LOL Stop rolling your eyes, Tammy... I DO need it!

HA Linda!! Sorry, I'm such an instigator... hehhe

Chris - OMG someone who reads as much (and as fast apparently) as I do! LOVE it!! I do like a good mystery, but haven't been finding them as entertaining as the last few rounds Romance has out now. Working at a bookstore must really give you a wide selection of options though. Thank goodness for my library card or I'd be sadly lacking in reading material!

Well I spent... not from here, but I did go to Ms Saturday. There were a few fun kid crafting events this weekend that my friend and I took our kids to. Home Depot had a building craft that my DS loooooved. (Esp since they handed him an apron and hammer!) He did really well and loved building his toolbox. Since we had time, we swung over to Ms for their kid craft - vday gift bags. I didn't care for the project as much and neither did my son, but we did it anyway. And having coupons, I browsed with my friend after the class....

I got the washi tape holder I had on my wishlist for $19 and then a couple Jolee's stickers that were 40% plus 20% off. Those weren't a 'need', but I already have a project on my desk for one of them, so it counts. Is it nerdy to create a full page around one sticker? hmmm
Link

All in I spent $42, but only $25 of that was for me. I got DH a couple new bracelets he alters and a clearance pack of necklace pendants (it's massively cheaper than the ones he wants to buy!), DS got a stuffed animal from those [email protected] baskets you pass when waiting in line (he used his own money for it, which I had because he'd lose it), and I got him a box of vday cards (because as much as I dislike the 'holiday', we still have to do it for school and I don't want him left out). *sigh*

I went home and immediately started putting my washi tapes in my new cube. You'll be surprised and impressed to know I didn't even fill it half way (it holds 160+ rolls)!!! Even I was shocked...

At least I was under budget!

Chris Aiton
Expert
Chris Aiton
In response to SonjaC

Sonja,
now you have a new project - to fill your washi tape holder! Ha ha! You had a busy Saturday!

Sharon, your G45 layouts are inspiring me to pull out my old G45 stuff and create something new. I always love the look of G45 but then find it so hard to use.

Have a good week everyone.

SJB1120
Expert
SJB1120

Hi Everyone!

Sonja I do love the Reminise papers, always have. And the Scrapbook customs stickers are adorable!!

It was definitely a nice time to be up in Washington, only rained once I think. Wish I could have seen/done/ate more but alas, work had to come before play.

I received washi tape last year in a prize pack from a scrap I went to, still need to use it but it's so pretty! I saw a ton of it when I lived in Germany in their stationary stores, but here I feel like it's not so mainstream.

I'm holding out for sales and the Michael's grand opening on Sunday to shop, this week they have albums buy one get one! Not that I need another album but still, that's a good bargain!

Hope everyone has a nice Monday!

Armymom16
Expert
Armymom16
In response to SJB1120

Well, looks like I should sign on and do this challenge. I recently started back scrapbooking after being gone for 3 years and have for some odd reason decided to try my hand at digi scrapping. Well, that has led to a whole new area of goodies I need. I NEED TO BUDGET! It's so addicting and easy to buy

flutterbye0419
Diva
flutterbye0419
In response to Armymom16

Well, I didn't get anything done this weekend! No crafting, no shopping, no chores, no packing. Nadda!

I gotta get my rear in gear! Anyone have any inspiration that would help there?

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake

I always go to Pintrest to get inspiration...... I go here to but don't like that they put the layouts I favor in the gallery by date the designer posted...I would prefer doing it by the date I PUT IT IN!!

Vivian Lake
Idol
Vivian Lake
In response to Sewflake

HL had a Heidi Swapp planner kit on sale today for $20. One of my goals for 2017 is to organize my time better. I'm a SAHM and also work part-time from home but the hours are all over the place.

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

Oh Chris... I don't dare overflow my washi cube! LOL But I'm hoping that having them displayed like that will induce me to use them more! Having them organized in one of my tower drawers in RPOYGBIV order was helpful as I could easily find the color I wanted, but they didn't all fit (none of my holiday themed ones were in there!) *gasp* horrors!)

Stephanie.... having a Michaels around will give you much more washi inspiration, I fear... They're not quite mainstream here in the States, but definitely gaining momentum and M's helps. Having had three 8-roll tubes in my cart on Saturday that I (wisely, if reluctantly) put back, I can say with a certainty bordering on insanity that they have plenty to choose from!

Dawn, I'm a big supporter of music as my inspiration (hence my latest LO). I changed up my go-to scrapping playlist completely and bammed out five pages in 5 hours at last month's crop, all while air-guitaring... I'm a woman, of course I multitask! And it kept me going to do a page early this month and get me started on my G45 mixed media project (OMG I'm SO excited!!!!) Like Sharon, I go to sb.com and Pinterest for inspiration, but I find that if I'm not sitting at my craft desk, or in front of my stash while I do it, the inspiration dies by the time I get there. If nothing else, sit at your desk and browse ideas... maybe that'll help?

I agree Chris, I love G45 papers, but find them so intimidating to craft with sometimes. That said... omg I am so in love with the Enchanted Forest line and what I'm doing with it!!!!
Products Referenced in This Post:

hereiam
Diva
hereiam
In response to SonjaC

• SonjaC Said:
BTW Karen... I'm up to 10 books already... 9 of them in January alone, although technically I started one in December and finished one on Feb 1...

I'm not putting them all on Good Reads because I'm slightly embarrassed by how many bodice-rippers I actually read...

I've often thought the same thing and don't have everything I read up there either!

hereiam
Diva
hereiam
In response to hereiam

My $0 budget is still intact. I haven't had time to scrap nor shop.

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to hereiam

JCI. So far, so good. No money spent.

kerella
Resident
kerella
In response to hereiam

My budget is still intact, and my order arrived yesterday. I had the opposite problem from Dawn - I had a dozen other things I needed to do around the house, or for class, and I spent the whole night playing with my new supplies.

I've become a bit particular about organization, and my order included new inks, new stamps, and some other mixed media color products. I keep a reference catalog for all my stamps and anything that can put color on a page (Totally Tiffany-style, without the Totally Tiffany products). The rule is that I can't put it away or use it until it's in the catalog.

I get most inspired by meeting challenge requirements on SB.com. I like Pinterest, Youtube, and the gallery here, as well. Lastly, whenever I get hit by a bug and don't know exactly what to do, I start painting or whatever, and save the results in a binder that I can look at later if I get stuck on a project.

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to kerella

I think my budget is still intact, I don't remember buying anything yet this month. Bought so much last month I am good for awhile, hopefully till the 17th anyway!! I keep forgetting that I have a $50 GC that I could spend if I really really found something that I wanted to order! Just have not seem anything new things that catch my eye this year! Waiting on the paste wax Ranger (I think) is coming out with soon!!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Sewflake

Good morning all!

Sharon - thank you so much for the lovely card! I love that font. You are a talented stamper and die cutter! I just loved it and it really brightened my day.

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake

You are so welcome, I knew it would be late when I sent it but for all the people that know me that is not an unusual thing even when the distance is a lot less!

I even have a stamp to that effect in my possession...it says "Of course it's late, it's from me isn't it!!

In this time of electronics we sometimes forget how much a little snail mail brightens someones day and lets them know we think of them often!! Mail on!!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Sewflake

I agree! There is someone from Stampin' Up that started a movement about bringing birthdays back and sending actual cards and they created a stamp for it.

It certainly brightened my day.

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

Hi all! I didn't have to go to Js for work the other day so budget is still good. I should go as I need to return some fabric I bought but never used.

Sharon - HA! It's like that stamp was made for me too! I had a license plate cover in college that said 'Always late, but worth the wait!'

Vivian Lake
Idol
Vivian Lake
In response to SonjaC

nothing to report here! I did work a little on that planner I bought. I'm hoping it helps!

Chris Aiton
Expert
Chris Aiton

I have been down with the flu this week but much better today. I scrapped a little - trying to do pages with g45 for the contest and a Vday card for DH. Off to work today. no spending so far!

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

Glad you're feeling better Chris! Flu is no fun!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to SonjaC

oh no Chris, I do hope you are feeling much better.

Scrapanda
Queen
Scrapanda

Yuck Chris! Hope you are over the flu now!

jorganne
Idol
jorganne
In response to SonjaC

Hello ladies!!! Just thought I'd stop by and say hello.

flutterbye0419
Diva
flutterbye0419
In response to jorganne

Thanks for the ideas ladies! Tomorrow I have to work for about 3-4 hours, then I can craft for a few before I have a study session... Hopeful that I can craft some on Sunday. I am missing my crafty time and now that I have ideas for where to go, I may be able to get it together.

kerella
Resident
kerella

Nothing new to report - the budget is still holding for February.

I've already got my March shopping list, just waiting for March 1!

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to kerella

Oh Chris, hope you are well and truly on the mend.

I'm down $7. I caved on a daily deal site today. Glitter dots and free shipping. How could I refuse?

$60-$7=$53

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to Kamananui

Chris, sorry that you have been feeling mighty puny!! Hope all is well now!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Sewflake

Hi Jorganne! Happy Friday!

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake

No spending for me this month, still getting packages from last months ordering......
Hi Jorganne

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Sewflake

well I don't know about anyone else but getting packages is even better than spending!

Vivian Lake
Idol
Vivian Lake

$20 on Spring Doodlebug items cause . . . you know . . . it's Doodlebug.

And I love to make "cute" cards!

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui

Today I want to buy all the things. I need to hide from the interwebs...

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Kamananui

nice - I love Doodlebug but haven't bought any in years.

Kelly - wanting to buy all the things - me I want to stitch all the things!

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake

It is getting close to the middle of the month and here I have not spent anything on scrapping!! Friday is coming though and I was saving my $ to spend at the crop!! Hoping some of the new stuff Sherry was wanting to order has come in.

Chris Aiton
Expert
Chris Aiton
In response to Sewflake

Thanks for all the good wishes - I am definitely improving and actually have a few more pages to upload. I decided to use the G45 challenge to challenge myself to use up the stuff I have - and amazingly it's working!
Still haven't seen anything that I want - maybe after the new stuff gets here.

SJB1120
Expert
SJB1120

Tuesday is going to be my shopping day with the Valentine's Day sales on a couple sites, just need to stay in budget!

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to SJB1120

Still want all the things...

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Kamananui

when is the lawn fawn monthly release Kelly?

Sharon - I am shocked but so happy you are sticking to your plan.

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake

I'm a bit surprised myself Tammy...... but there seems to be a lull in scrapping wants..... I too am waiting for new and exciting things to come from what was formerly called CHA!

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to Sewflake

Tammy, I believe the LF release is on the 28th. I feel like I need something to hold me until then. Maybe those adorable otter stamps from MFT or a few Copics and ink pads. Something. Anything.

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to Kamananui

Almost the middle of the month already?!

On the good side, my happy little $2 are still safe, and my SMS invoice hasn't dropped yet. I was really tempted to go to Ms Friday for vday stuff to make my son's gifts for his teachers, but I refrained and glad I did because I found a 6x6 paper pad that was perfect! Will prob upload tomorrow along with my G45 project!!!! I am SO in love with how it looks so far, but I'm stuck on the last touch...

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to SonjaC

okay Sharon hasn't spent, Kelly hasn't busted and Sonja is shopping her stash - what planet am I on?

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

• Ladybing Tammy Said:
okay Sharon hasn't spent, Kelly hasn't busted and Sonja is shopping her stash - what planet am I on?

You've just entered the TWILIGHT ZONE!!

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to SonjaC

Definitely Twilight Zone or it's the apocalypse.

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to Kamananui

No Twilight Zone or apocalypse here.....getting back to normal with a purchase of $23.... all Julie Nutting stamps...I had forgotten that I won a $10 off code at the beginning of the month so went looking and have a cart full of watercolors, brushes, pad, NEW Bo Bunny paper and stamps. Dumped it all but the stamps....I have paper coming out of my ears with no place left to store it!!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Sewflake

that is hardly like the old Sharon!

Chris Aiton
Expert
Chris Aiton

Happy Valentine's Day to everyone! Still no purchases and no plans to shop this week.
Sharon, did you get some of the girl stamps? I remember reading a book by Julie Nutting in which she had drawings you could trace and then create clothes with scrapbook papers - good idea to use up scraps!

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake

I think I have started a new collection Chris as I have as with this new order I will have 15 of the girl stamps and several of the boys. I use the stamps on scraps then cut them out for the clothing...

hereiam
Diva
hereiam
In response to Sewflake

JCI

I'm still holding at $0 spent. I really wanted to go check out Tuesday Morning the other day but I resisted. I've completed 8 pages of the 25 I need to complete for I can even think about spending any money.

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to hereiam

LF release is actually the 23rd. Trying to decide if I can hold off until then. This trying to be responsible [email protected] is for the birds.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Kamananui

but you are singing so sweetly!

SJB1120
Expert
SJB1120

I'm down to $21.22, but I got some beautiful solid mosaic paper coming to me very soon!

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to SJB1120

I heartily concur, Kelly - for the birds indeed!

And I've been trying to be good. It'll help that my crop on the 26th got cancelled, tho not helping with my crafting work.... I reserved the little craft room at one of my branches so will go there instead - no temptation with an adjacent store so my budget might just make it - if the invoices don't drop...

I did stop at Ms this am on my way in to work. I came late so I could go to my DS school with him and help deliver his Valentines to his teachers (i.e. make sure HE delivered them...) I've said it before, but I don't really 'do' V-day in general because I don't believe one day should be the only day we show we care. It creates entirely too much pressure and stress and is ridiculously over-commercialized. Having said that, I do get why the holiday is there and I'm trying to show my son that he can show and tell his family and friends he cares about them any time he wants, not just on one specific day. Old Dale Carnegie philosophy of "show honest and sincere appreciation", that sort of thing. I doubt it's sunk in yet, but I'll keep at it!

Anywho, off my soapbox now.. back to M's. I figured out what to do with the last part of my G45 project and needed to pick up a calligraphy pen for it. I haven't done calligraphy in.... ooooo like 15 years so this should be interesting! I did NOT even look in the scrappy aisles! $5 and a beginners calligraphy pen later and I was out the door in 10 minutes!

Chris Aiton
Expert
Chris Aiton
In response to SonjaC

It's a good thing I haven't spent anything as I just viewed a project here (an incredible altered owl) and the person used all kinds of new Finnabair products, like the spark paints and the stone effect pastes - I'm doomed! The products aren't here yet but I can tell my March budget will need to be pretty big.

godschild94
Governor
godschild94

I busted! I bought...you guessed it...paper! Ugh....some of it was for specific stuff and others were because they were pretty and calling my name. It all started with a $10 gift certificate I won from here....and I have another one that's good through March...uh oh!

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to godschild94

Thanks loads ladies, I went cruising through the coming soon products and see that TH oxides and a stamp by Kaisercraft is expected soon.....never even got to the Finnabair stuff yet! Yup going to be a high budget March, after putting all the papers back on the shelf that was in my cart!!!

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to Sewflake

Do I dare ask what the difference is between the TH inks and oxides inks???

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to SonjaC

Sonja if you want to know look at YouTube tim holtz ink oxide from CHA 2017 ....... pretty cool stuff especially if you like using dark papers!! I just wished I could pre order them here!!

I'll try the link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3p92g4Kfnbw&a mp;t=122s

The video has several new products that he is coming out with but the ink if close to the beginning of the video.

Vivian Lake
Idol
Vivian Lake
In response to Sewflake

Sonja - It is a highly commercialized and literally a Hallmark holiday. That being said, I made cute little notecards for my son and husband again this year (back in January) and they get one a day. They love them and my son brags about them. Wants me to do this all year long. LOL
Told him it wouldn't be special if I did that.
Also last night we started a new tradition and having cheese and chocolate fondue. Found genuine Melting Pot recipe and OH BOY was it good!!!
We had a lot of fun last night just being a family at the dinner table.

Here's a link about the history of Valentine's day if your interested: http://www.npr.org/2011/02/14/133693152/ the-dark-origin...

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics