Username Post: Cards for kids camp ( battered & abused children)        (Topic#1665527)
randasue
Guru
randasue

I am posting this again so that everyone will see it. I am doing the card project for Royal Family Kids Camp. this year. I apologize for such a late start but I just got out of the hospital I had a heart stent put in but I'm doing great now. So if you want to be part of the world family of the kids camp card project please sign it below.

This campus for battered and abused children , And it's a time for them to have fun at camp and be loved on and just showered with things that they need and things that
they might want, but most about just a lot of love. The cards can be any size, however they have a mailbox it is probably about 5 inches wide so shouldn't be any bigger than that to fit in their mailbox slot. You can use any sort of theme for a boy or girl or superheroes favorite cartoons anything that you want to do .we ask you if you use any kind of words that you use encouraging and uplifting words for them. They have a everybody's birthday party so you could do some birthday cards biif you want. Also they have a talent show which almost all the kids for participate in ,so any kind of cards with Way to go you did a good job you're a superstar things like that. The address this year has changed because we did move on 23 December. So if you are a repeat card maker in our group please make a note of the new address below. If anyone wants to make cards but doesn't have the funds to mail them please let me know in advance and we can help with that. Please sign up so I know who all is participating.

I have had some card makers get together with groups and make cards for camp. it's amazing how many you can make when you get a group together. And it's a lot of fun for even children to make cards for this camp , our kids love the cards that are made by kids their own age.It means a lot to them. so Girl Scouts Boy Scouts Sunday school , kids or adults could get together and have a fun for a few hours making cards for these kids

I am sorry that it is so late this year but it's been A rough year but things are looking up now so whatever we can get done will be great and the kids will love it and I appreciate all the help and participation

**** I posted a few weeks ago and a few people that signed up. If you don't mind sign up on this post for me so will be easier for me to keep up with.
New address: Rhonda Towe
254 Highcourt Way
Locust Grove, GA 30248

1, chocolateaxel
2, Pritchard
3. Disney Lisa
4.pdoyle2178

Edited by randasue on 02-24-17 09:12 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to randasue

Hi, Rhonda, how soon do you need these cards? I remember participating a year or so ago, and would like to again, as long as I have at least a week or two to get some cards together. Let me know and I'll do what I can!

prittb
prittb 
Diva
prittb
In response to chocolateaxel

Hi Rhonda - you can put me down for this year too.

randasue
Guru
randasue
In response to prittb

Just to let you all know that the camp is earlier this year..the first week in June.

New Kid On the Block
In response to randasue

It will be an honor to participate again this year.

disneylisa
Mayor
disneylisa
In response to pdoyle2178

I'm in again. I may not have as many as last year, just doing a lot of other things lately including trying to make a scrapbook for my cousin's son (at his mom's request) who is graduating from the Air Force Academy this spring. Its not an easy task making a scrapbook for someone when you know nothing about the place, their experience there, or their friends and just have a lot of photos to try to work into an album.

Anyway, I think I have maybe 200 cards made so far and can probably get another 200 done before I mail them. Maybe I'll end up with more then I expect but I would only count on about 400 from me.

randasue
Guru
randasue
In response to disneylisa

Thank you all for helping again this year, I really appreciate y'all!!
I finallly got all my scrapbook unpacked & moved in! I have a huge room in our new house -it is 13ft wide x22ft long with 2 big windows. I love it !! It has a half wall & then its open to the hall. We are putting in a huge window with textured glass, making 2bookshelves & putting up a barn door to close it off so you don't walk in the house and see it all . Not sure how long it will take but will take pics when we are done. The barn door is made of wood that came from a old train car that my daddy had on his property . It's gonna be really cool!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics