Username Post: scrap room        (Topic#1665653)
Veteran

I have been looking at all the pictures of the scrap rooms. They are so beautiful and some are peaceful, some are cozy, some are so neat and tidy that i would be scared to make a mess! I started out about 20 years ago, working in a corner of our living room (we used the den) and everything fit into one rolling bag. Then i moved to our guestroom. I had a huge desk in there and everything fit. I eventually grew out of that as well. I realized that the play room was more of a junk pile. the kids were older and didn't play in there anymore. I decided to take it over. I got rid of most of the toys they didn't play with and what was left, i pretty much had to get rid of after the hurricane that flooded my house. I do not have the money to buy all the nice shelves and storage containers and desks that are in the pics in the gallery. One day i will and i will have a cozy relaxing place to work. I am having difficulties organizing and putting everything in place. Does anyone have a scrap room that is small, a corner in another room, or anything else that is what you are using until you can fix up another space? I'd love to see some to maybe help me fix up my room. When the kids are older and gone out on their own, (which actually will be here too soon) i will have o\ne of their rooms, money to decorate and it'll be my pretty place.

Veteran
In response to jeniferdwn

i didn't realize i had photos of my first two works spaces in my gallery,
If i remember correctly, before i had either of my kids, i used one of their rooms briefly as my craft room.

carrie640
Veteran
carrie640

I, as well, like the cozy cutesy rooms I see, but it's SOOO not me. I get paint all over...I get ink all over.....scraps ALL over the floor...I haul everything out at once that I want to use and sometimes they tip over and make a mess on the floor... LOL My desk is a $5 garage sale find (and it's tattered from my messes). I, literally, have to clean up (including running the vacuum) before I can start a second project. Neatness is NOT my forte by any means. I don't dare invest in cutesy fluffy rugs, etc because it would be TRASHED! I have to live vicariously through others in that respect

Veteran
In response to carrie640

ya know, I didn't even think of all that when I was looking at the pretty rooms. I would totally make a mess too!!! We had to take up the carpet in that room because of the flooding. Its just a concrete floor and I had wanted a pretty little rug. But you are absolutely right......I will make a terrible mess. I need to just leave the floor and tables (a folding 6 ft table from Sams) like they are. I got a lot accomplished this weekend, so I hope to have some pictures soon. I also made the 12x12 paper stackers out of the wire cubes I had in my greenhouse and I bought a $2 pack of cable ties. I also made an organizer for my cricut carts and books and Gypsy. $12 total and it sells on ebay for $45.

ppilgrim
Guru
ppilgrim

For the first time ever, I'm about to have my very own scrap space with a door that closes. Woo-hoo! What I had to do to accomplish that was to get my own place (long story, total soap-opera, I don't even care anymore -- whatever).

Anyway, I've designated the master bedroom in my new place as the scrap room because it's got the best light and a huge closet with cool shelves and dividers in it. First thing I did was have guys come in and rip out the carpet to replace it with hard-wearing laminate. Now all I have to do is figure out how I'm going to get all my scrappola into it ;-)

Veteran
In response to ppilgrim

ppilgrim, that sounds like we all need to schedule a road trip with a long scrapping weekend! LOL We could have it all set up super quick! and then have some fun!

gluemore girl
Expert
gluemore girl

My scrap space is the back part of the family room in our basement. It's not visible walking in or when sitting on the sofa watching TV but it's still a scrap space and always in a bit of disarray. There's no way I can scrap and clean up when I'm squeezing in snippets of time to craft in btwn work and everything else.
When we remodeled the room last year it looked pristine... until I started scrapping again!

kerella
Veteran
kerella
In response to gluemore girl

My scrap space is a wide section of our hallway, LOL! I did the math, once - I have a 52-square-foot area that I have to share with storage for other things (for now - I'm slowly shoving all of that stuff out of my creative space). The desk and cabinets are built-ins that came with the house.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics