Username Post: New to Cricut and have multiple issues        (Topic#1665863)
New Kid On the Block

I just got a Cricut Explore One for Christmas. I have only printed out one or two little projects with no issues.

Now I am making little tags (smaller than 1"x3" long) for a party to put into bottles and had them all laid out) 24 of them each with different sayings on them, and now I am not able to print or cut them and my Mac is doing crazy things. Every time I go back into the project the fonts change to the Cricut fonts that I have to pay instead of the font I had them set up with from the System fonts. I am writing the sayings then cutting them out - that's it pretty simple project I would say for a beginner to do.

I called the Cricut help desk and they said I should cut down the tags to 2 to 4 on each page. Well that's not helping either!! I'm so frustrated right now and have to get this done in the next week or so, and have wasted so much time on this little project already.

They also said to change to google chrome, which I did, but every time I changed something in the project I had to shut it completely down and restart google. Needless to say I have gotten nowhere with this project, and after doing this about 10 times with the help desk they had to go. Said to keep trying. What kind of help is that?

I do not know what to do other than recreate each and every tag out and put two on a project and TRY to print them out 2 at a time.

What am I going to do when I have a larger project on vinyl to print out and want to keep it all together when printing - what will I do with that?

If you have any suggestions I am open to them.

HisGEM
HisGEM 
Diva
HisGEM
In response to grdnangl313

Unfortunately, if I am understanding correctly, you can only print out a small area for the print and cut (I don't remember the specs off hand). You cannot use the entire mat size. The print and cut feature was an add on so the Explore really wasn't equipped to be a print and cut machine like the Silhouette and the Scan and Cut.

New Kid On the Block
In response to HisGEM

I really think it's a Mac compatibility issue since I used my other pc laptop and it worked better, but still was slow. I think this program just works slow (not the best) because you have to be on the internet which really slows thing down. But I finished the project and really don't like this program at all. Oh well Cricut is not the best interface at all!!!
Products Referenced in This Post:

New Kid On the Block
In response to grdnangl313

Hi

I am new to cricut and my first project is to create baby shower invites for my sister.

I created the design and it is just three cuts and on one shape I attached the writing I wanted to be printed.

Once sorted I sent this to the printer and it didn't print clearly it merged them all and made them all thick and blurry not defined. I then played about with the printer and set the settings correct and it worked. I had to amend it a couple of times however I re attached the working and on the last time I had to print and it has no printed out properly since.

I have made sure the printer is aligned the cartridges are clear. The printer is brand new hp envy 5540 series and it's the newest model out. I cannot get this to print and I don't know what else to do.

Please can anyone help me or tell me anything that might get this to print has anyone had anything similar happen? I'm getting very stressed with it at the moment and I need to get these invites out.

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to Gemmabellenie

Glad I did not buy my Explore to print and cut....... sounds like too much fussing!! I find it much easier when I want to scan and cut...... no printing involved!!
Sorry I can not be of any help.... it looks as though you will need a different machine if you want to do a lot of printing with it!!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics