Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: April BUDGET Challenge        (Topic#1665919)
SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

Details:
We're here to try to stay within limits on our scrappy/crafty spending, though we have plenty of enabling going on! We take turns hosting (whomever has time that particular month) as it gets a bit chaotic sometimes! We are a chatty bunch of savers and enablers! (Mostly enablers!)

The rules: List your scrappy budget for the whole month. Then list the high priority items that you want to buy this month!
OPTIONAL List something you are NOT allowed to buy all month! (Forty lashes with a piece of wet twine if you cave in on that one!)
*NEW* TWIST: Lent - Resist spending until after Easter and then give yourself permission to pick up a couple items from your wishlist this month. It's all about rewarding yourself for good behavior. Just don't overdo it! Help motivate yourself by including what you want to buy after Easter in your budget!

Tell us how much you spend throughout the month, and keep track of it as you spend. We like details about your shopping around here. No such thing as TMI! You do not have to include costs for adhesives, swaps, storage, gifts or shipping, unless you want to. Please round to the nearest dollar value.

Please enable and tempt us to buy the wonderful items we want....but don't tempt us to bust our budget!!!

Whatever works for you - a no buy challenge, a do this many layouts before I spend this much - whatever goes as long as there is some aspect of a budget involved. And yes we all bust now and then...no wet noodle flogging here.

Participants & Budgets:
1. Sonja (SonjaC) - $150 Budget: SMS Invoices = $122 + discretionary = $28 -$10 = $140
Wishlist: Bo Bunny Merry & Bright line, Hero Arts Los Angeles stamp set, Jillibean Soup Bowl of Dreams diecuts, Crate Paper Chasing Dreams, Echo Park Once Upon a Time Prince and Princess sets, Specialty glitter papers from Ms
Twist: After Easter, I will order the Bo Bunny set off here or ebay - provided I don't spend ANYthing before then...

2. Sharon (Sewflake) - $250-44= $206
Wishlist:
Twist:

3. Tammy (Ladybing Tammy) - £50
Wishlist: Retired SU stamp sets
Twist:

4. Linda (Boricuapr) - $50
Wishlist: Disney Stamps/dies
Twist: Extra $50 for storage

5. Kelly (Kamananui) - $50 - $$ = BUST!
Wishlist: KC Pawfect-Dog collection, matching die cuts, the wood veneer, and some sequins, and maybe the Hero Arts Prayer set.
Twist:

6. Amanda (Scrapanda) - $0 (35/100 no buy)

7. Chris (Chris Aiton) - $50
Wishlist: Bright spring papers

8. Vivian (Vivian Lake) - $30
Wishlist: Pretty Little Studios papers

9. Janeen (godschild94) - $50
Wishlist: Magical Journey stamps, new Echo Park Toy Box and Princess Collections, new Simple Stories collections.
Twist: Disney stamps

10. Tina (tinadn) - $50-70= BUST!

11. Katie (kerella) - $45
Wishlist: Distress Inks kit 15, green sprays, yellow sprays, yellow chalk inks, and a planner stamp kit
Twist: No paper

12. Karen (hereiam) - $100 - 100 = $0

Edited by SonjaC on 04-21-17 11:30 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to SonjaC

I'll start:
$150 Budget: SMS Invoices = $122 + discretionary = $28

Wishlist: Bo Bunny Merry & Bright line, Hero Arts Los Angeles stamp set, Jillibean Soup Bowl of Dreams diecuts, Crate Paper Chasing Dreams, Echo Park Once Upon a Time Prince and Princess sets, Specialty glitter papers from Ms

Twist: After Easter, I will order the Bo Bunny set off here or ebay - provided I don't spend ANYthing before then...

Yeah, I realize that's a lot of stuff on my wish list for less than $30, but darn it, they need to stop coming up with cute stuff!!!

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to SonjaC

Too keep from busting my budget this month I am going with one of $250. That aught to do it!!
Wishlist: a 12x12 Misti

Wait you asked for a wishlist not a pipe dream!!

Wish list... I will have to get back on this one.

Guess I never have anything to put on my wish list as I don't wish for something. I think the closest thing would be that Misti but just don't see the need to spend that much on it when I have a smaller version. I don't use stamps directly on my 12x12 paper often enough to justify the cost!!

Edited by Sewflake on 04-01-17 10:16 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to Sewflake

LOL Sharon! Yeah, pipe dreams are nice, but rather unreliable!

Ladybing Tammy
Angel
Ladybing Tammy
In response to SonjaC

I am here!

My budget is going to be £50 in case the retired stamp sets from SU come up this month.

Wishlist - I don't really want anything

Governor
In response to Sewflake

Oh Sharon - you REALLY need the MISTI! I LUV mine and it's on my CROP TOOL MUST HAVE list. Going forward I will only buy clear stamps. PS it's on sale for $100!!!!!!!!!!

In the throes of trying to redesign my "office" and I mean a TOTAL redesign. Of course my true goal is to swap rooms.

No crops this month to include in budget and trying to focus on finish albums still in process.

However, I really love the Disney stamp/die sets I didn't get, but I'm only working on this one album and can't justify that much money for one album.

I guess I'll put my limit at $50; put the stamp/die set on my wishlist; and twist would be if I don't get the set, then I'll give myself a bonus $50 towards permanent storage.

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to boricuapr

I'm here. Setting my budget at $50 and hoping not spend it all.

Wish: KC Pawfect-Dog collection, matching die cuts, the wood veneer, and some sequins, and maybe the Hero Arts Prayer set.

Scrapanda
Queen
Scrapanda
In response to Kamananui

Still at 0 - still far from my layout goal!

Chris Aiton
Expert
Chris Aiton
In response to Scrapanda

I like the challenge this month and I am in for $50. I need some bright papers for spring and summer. I just scanned through all the new stuff in the store here and put a bunch of stuff on my wish list.

Sonja, I just finished HIllbilly Elegy (I rarely read non fiction) and am currently reading Angelology - from one extreme to the other! I also plan to reread Wuthering Heights since I watched the Bronte show on PBS and like Kelly, I also want to reread The Handmaid's Tale.

I actually think I might scrap today! April Fool!

Vivian Lake
Diva
Vivian Lake
In response to Chris Aiton

There is new paper line at Pretty Little Studios I really want . . . but I also desperately need new walking shoes.

So the paper will have to wait a little while longer . . .

Budget is really small this month since I overspent last month (hanging out with my sister). No regrets but gotta slow down the scrappy spending ... you know .... new walking shoes. PLUS a long Easter weekend is coming up, etc etc.

$30

godschild94
Governor
godschild94
In response to Vivian Lake

Hmmm...let's see. Ok. I am going to set my budget at $50. And If I can hold out until after Easter I am going to order a few of those Disney stamps. But I'm not making any promises...I'm on spring break and scrapping all week so I will probably end up buying something this week. Bad me....

Wish list: Magical Journey stamps, new Echo Park Toy Box and Princess Collections, new Simple Stories collections.

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to godschild94

I've signed up for 3 classes in April so I know i will spend.
I have several of the new TH inks on order that I need for one class and I will probably find a few other things I'll want after the classes. I do have a gift card sitting there from the last garage sale.
I think I'll set my budget at $50 and I will try the twist

Chris Aiton
Expert
Chris Aiton
In response to tinadn

News flash! I started laying out 10 layouts in a row this morning while I was doing laundry, and I just totally finished the 1st one - this is not an April's fool. Suddenly I have my mojo back!

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake

Yea for Mojo Chris!! Glad you are getting layouts prepped and finished!!

I have not worked on much scrapping for the last week and found it to be a slow scrapping month when I have no crops to attend!!

Oh and I spent $44 on a Cricut treasure chest - it has 7 cartridges in it!!! How could I not?? Plus vinyl!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to Sewflake

Nice buy Sharon.
That reminds me. I blew my zero budget again Wednesday. I bought 13 Cricut cartridges for $70 from a fellow scrapbooker. I'm not sure if they are on her Gypsy or not. She doesn't remember which were and weren't and it's broken but I'm ok with them either way.

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to tinadn

That is a great deal Tina!!! As long as you have a something other than the Explore they will work!!!!
Well worth the bust!!!

Governor
In response to Sewflake

Trip to TMs yesterday was good. Got some Prima flowers and butterflies for wedding shower gift/card. They had a cute set of Melamine Mr & Mrs plates (to be transformed into wedding rehearsal centerpieces) and set of 4 cutting pads. Sending everything with bff to shower that is out-of-town next weekend.

The G45 stamp set is a future X-Mas gift (only $2.99).

Spent $0 on me! How did I miss that free opportunity since I was already busted??

Chris - wowza on the mojo!!

Janeen - I'm sure Betsye would love to get your order so crossing fingers AND toes that you don't spend before Easter.

FYI - arrests made yesterday for I-85 fire/collapse. I know they haven't shared all the info and probably won't.

Off to a b-day party!!

Chris Aiton
Expert
Chris Aiton
In response to boricuapr

What great buys you guys got! Wow - already thinking about Christmas - I am impressed. I still haven't thought about Easter dinner yet.

I stayed home all day and now another layout is finished and a third to be glued down. I have been so awol this year with scrapping so I have lots to catch up on - and I am using what I have on hand so the paper box is getting leaner - but it could still stand to lose some more.

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

Sharon I still have my Expression.

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to tinadn

Easy enough Tina to use Cricut Craft Room for designing and all the cartridges will work!!

Governor
In response to Sewflake

SIL finally out of hospital this evening, but no lab results. Furbabies are back with daddy and Blalo (DH and short for abuelo/grandpa) is pouty missing them already. It will great having the bed all to ourselves again.

Chris - I'll need to check out all the new productions in your gallery.

Tina - there are times when I want to plug in my Expression again.

Governor
In response to boricuapr

Sharon - hope everyone's safe. So far only numerous warnings and tornado watches south of the city.

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to boricuapr

Lots of rain fast moving storm, mild wind, sunny and cool now!!

Chris Aiton
Expert
Chris Aiton
In response to Sewflake

Congrats Sharon on the G45 win!!!!!

Hope everyone is safe from the storms. It is insanely hot here for April - in the 90s - and then back to the 70s on Friday - we are supposed to have storms then.

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake

Thank you Chris, I was so excited!!

Congrats to Sonja too on your win of G45!!

kerella
Veteran
kerella
In response to Sewflake

Y'all found some steals on diecutting!

I hope everyone got through the storms safe and sound last weekend.

I'm going to set my budget at $45 this month (it's really $30, but I'm giving myself breathing room). I've got my wish packed with stuff I want, but I don't have a plan on what I'm buying this month *except* Distress Inks kit 15. It's the only one I don't have.

I do have some objectives, though. I'm going to make sure I've got the supplies I need for my May scrapbooking and planning. I'll shop my stash first, and fill-in the gaps. My colors for May will be green, brown, yellow, coral and blue (wildflower colors). My themes will be nature, flowers, camping, computers and training. I might also buy some white gesso.

I'm eyeballing some green sprays, yellow sprays, yellow chalk inks, and a planner stamp kit. I may completely change my mind by the end of the month, though.

My only rule is: no paper. I have way too much already.

hereiam
Diva
hereiam
In response to kerella

I'm late to the party, but I'm in!

I'll be back to update my budget and other stuff because it's crazy town right now.

Chris Aiton
Expert
Chris Aiton
In response to hereiam

Sonja - congrats on the G45 win - somehow I missed your name.

I painted out at the beach this morning but maybe I can finish another layout before dinner tonight. It's Watchathon week on Comcast and we are trying to binge watch a bunch of shows from the pay channels since we don't carry any of them. Probably some "Black Sails" tonight

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

Oops I'm super behind on chatter... sorry gals!

DH and I took a day off today to spend together. Going to (finally) see Beauty and the Beast and then lunch at the Cheesecake Factory. We need these, but since we don't have much family or kid-care to help out, we rarely can make these things work on the weekends. So we decided to take a day off together. I'll be back later to CU with you all!

No spending for me... I don't even wanna spend that's the craz part!

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to SonjaC

Still haven't shopped, but I'm not sure I want to wait until Easter. I mean isn't 36 days good enough?

Congratulations ladies on winning G45. I love G45 but can never figure out how to use it. Be sure to show us what you do with it.

I feel like going on a crazy spree which is stupid because I have piles of ******** I have yet to use. I'm still in a crafting funk. I did spend about an hour or so working on a mixed media project, but even that's not thrilling me right now. Even books aren't really holding my attention. Blah.

Ladybing Tammy
Angel
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Kamananui

I am having trouble too concentrating on any one thing. But I am feeling much better today.

Sonja - saw the lovely pick of you and hubs!

kerella
Veteran
kerella
In response to Ladybing Tammy

Sonja - I hope you enjoy/ed the movie!

I haven't had time to get my crafty on this month, but I'm hoping that the end of April will let me put a dent in my stash. On the bright side, my computer died last week (betcha most don't think that's a good thing!), so I convinced DH to share his computer with me. Now, I can get my monitors, which were sitting on my crafting surface, GONE and double my work space. Lemons & lemonade.

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to kerella

Hi ladies!

AW thank you for the G45 congrats! I just went over and picked up my prize box from my branch! It's like getting an order I didn't know I was placing! Oooooh the pretty papers... mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Aside from literature, nature is another part of my soul so I'm going to really have to think of something special for these papers! (Pssst Katie, these papers are right up your alley for what you listed on your wishlist! Okay okay, so you said no papers... semantics! )

Chris, you probably didn't see the winner banner on mine because they linked it to one of the other photos in the group. I changed today when I was browsing the other winners.

WOOHOO Sharon!! Congrats!

Getting CU on everyone's budgets and wishlists here...

Tina, I'm inclined to pardon your bust because 1) I hadn't updated the top yet; and 2) That is a stellar good deal!

Linda - impressive spend and way to really use that 'gifting' loophole! Sneaky girl... lol!

Chris - Glad you got your mojo going!!!

Janeen - you are hammering out the pages! Way to use that Spring Break time!

Kelly - I have to say, 36 days IS pretty good!

Tammy - SO glad you're feeling better! And thanks!

Oh my goodness... can I just say that WOW!!! I am totally 'HEA'-out! (Happily Ever After) Beauty and the Beast is my favorite fairytale story and I love Emma Watson as an actress and person (she's quite the philanthropist!). Okay, so DH and I were both secretly wishing she'd whip out her wand a la Harry Potter, but she did a wonderful job as Belle! The movie was very well done - even my DH, who is anti singing of any kind really enjoyed the movie! It was longer than we thought, but it didn't feel long (except for the 20 minutes of previews!!) so we didn't have time to do lunch before we had to pick our son up for t-ball practice. Plus we were still full from the popcorn and snacks you have to have at the movies! We ended up just wandering around the Americana - which is similar to the Grove Mall and is as much an attraction as it is a shopping center - and ended up in Barnes & Noble with coffee and browsing time. We got the kids a few new books, which they loved! The day went super fast, but it was very nice! And I already have the LO started on my desk for the pic I took of us at the theater!

Soooo just over a week left before we can all take advantage of the Twist.. Any other takers!
Hope everyone was safe through those storms!

Governor
In response to SonjaC

Woohoo to our SB challenge winners!!

I really want to spend, but also dying to find out what the SB Scrap Day challenges are. And I'm still waiting. Did I say I'm waiting? BTW won $20 in SB GCs that I need to use.

Where are those SB challenges? Are they out there? Has anyone seen them?

Can you tell I'm desperate to shop and plan for the challenges?

Tammy - saw that you're feeling better Yippee!

Spared from any serious damage in our immediate area. Lots of debris that flew in and washed in to our yard. It will be cold this weekend, so no plans to go out there and clean up. Perfect excuse to scrap, or reduce what we owe in taxes. I'd much rather scrap!

Ladybing Tammy
Angel
Ladybing Tammy
In response to boricuapr

Happy Friday! So glad it is Friday!

kerella
Veteran
kerella

Sonja - Oh, I totally know that everything G45 does is right up my alley! I think it's going to probably be several months, if not a year, before I invest in more papers (gasp!), other than black and white.

Congrats on the wins, BoricuaPR! Whatcha gonna buy?

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to kerella

Linda, I think you're about two weeks early for any kind of National Scrap Day reveals... they usually post it in News, on the front page scrolling and in the Forums, but I haven't seen anything yet.

Katie, If we're gonna get technical, I could probably go the next 10 years without buying paper... of course I still never have the piece I need....

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to SonjaC

It is hard to believe that it is the 9th of April already!! And for those of us that don't have anything on their wish list that is going to be purchased anytime soon.... well we didn't wait till after Easter to spend so might even spend again before Easter. No I have not spent anything since April 1 but I do have a few things in carts here and there!

I saw B&B the week it came out, took a couple of my granddaughters with me. I thought is was terrific too!! So many wonderful actors/actresses!!

When you said you picked up your G45 papers at your branch, what did you mean? Do they have more than one shipping facility? I guess I don't know the "story' of sb.com. All I know is I order they send and in three days I receive goodies!!!

Hope everyone is having a great week end.

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to Sewflake

Morning ladies!

I cleaned off my crafty space this morning and rearranged my scrappy tools... with the idea that 'if I clean it, it will come'... 'it' being my inspiration. And it worked! I'm currently putting a page together, but waiting for paint to dry, I'm checking in!

Sharon, sorry, that was probably a bit confusing. No, since I live so close to sb.com headquarters (Arizona), when something ships, it's here in about a day to 1.5 days. Super fun! Amy emailed me that it shipped tuesday so I knew it would be there when I came back to work Thursday. And by 'there' I mean my branch. I work for Citibank in the back office and we are connected to one of the branches. Couriers absolutely refuse to deliver to our back office so everything goes to the branch. Hence the branch pickup!

One more week... I am really oggling some things on here, but trying to be good since I have those SMS invoices still hanging around my neck... and taxes... thanks for the reminder Linda...

still no word on National Scrap Day, but I am stalking!

Scrapanda
Queen
Scrapanda
In response to SonjaC

Do we know the date for National Scrap Day at all? Dh said today depending on when it is he and the kids may go out to his parents farm for the weekend so I can scrap in peace

I'm taking a Mom Monday tomorrow. I don't work Mondays and usually kids are home with me on days I don't work. Tomorrow they will go to daycare though and I am going to go get a few things for the Easter gifts and try to find something for dd's bday gift (what does a two year old girl want other than whatever her brother is playing with at any given time?!), have a pedi, treat myself to lunch (was going to have a lunch date with dh but he's travelling tomorrow) and then scrap the remainder of the day away!

Chris Aiton
Expert
Chris Aiton
In response to Scrapanda

I am being good and not spending. It feels really good to see my box of paper getting lighter. Another several layouts in progress. Looking forward to NSD - I just looked on it up on the web, and the date looks like it will probably be May 6 this year - I hope that's right because we are going on vacation to Charleston and Isle of Palms 4/24 - 5/2 so that will be perfect for me with lots of new photos.

I read an absolutely fantastic book The Chillbury Ladies' Choir - it was so good I read it in one day!

Hope everyone has a great week!

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to Scrapanda

• Scrapanda Said:
(what does a two year old girl want other than whatever her brother is playing with at any given time?!)!

I almost peed myself there... How EXACTLY true is that?!?!
It's taken lots of work to convince my DD she can play with her own toys, NOT just her brother's....

Hope you're enjoying your Mom Day, Amanda!

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to SonjaC

Love it when a book is that good, Chris! The one I'm reading now is good, but is just taking me longer than normal... idk if I'm hitting a reading rutt, but nothing seems interesting to me and I have a TON to read!

Scrapanda
Queen
Scrapanda
In response to SonjaC

• SonjaC Said:
  • Scrapanda Said:
(what does a two year old girl want other than whatever her brother is playing with at any given time?!)!

I almost peed myself there... How EXACTLY true is that?!?!
It's taken lots of work to convince my DD she can play with her own toys, NOT just her brother's....

Hope you're enjoying your Mom Day, Amanda!

Pretty much the only things she likes of her own are her dolls ('babies') and this stack of blankets. Every single day she brings them out and pretty much covers the floor in the kitchen/dining room with blankets. Then of course Duke lays on them because he is a princess dog and always wants to lay on something soft - then she gets mad and tells him 'GO' and gives a stern point toward his dog bed.
She also has the same attitude about meals/snacks - no matter what she's eating if Ben picks something different she instantly changes her mind.

I did enjoy my day! I got my pedicure, did a bit of Easter shopping and also a couple things for dd's birthday. I made 5 layouts and 1 card too!

Governor
In response to Scrapanda

Happened to see one of Amy's upload yesterday and it is about the G45 embellies for NSD. I'm confused because I thought the Parisian was a previous product.

I hope they have the month-long version again this year because I'm always in a quandary with NSD because it's also Derby Day. No TV in my room to watch all the history of the horses and farms. GF was a trainer at Churchill Downs after WWII so I guess it's in my blood.

Future purchase - G45 Off to the Races is STILL in my cart. Other projects have kept me from hitting BUY, but I've got 2 GCs from SB challenges to use. Is this a good loophole or what!!

Oh Horrors lol my physical therapy is next door to TM and I go 2X a week for the next 6 weeks!!!

FYI - update on my 2014 cycling accident - Finally had full spine x-rays and consult. C3-C5 (neck) and L4-S1 (lumbar) injuries revealed, which has been causing pain and changed migraines. Got lots of meds for inflammation and pain - but they knock me out. Can't take all daily doses because I've got to get to-from work.

Glad I finally got a medical answer and getting treatments - but boy do those copays hit my budget - almost as hard as the pills knocking me out lol! Hard to shop and scrap when you're sleeping.

Ladybing Tammy
Angel
Ladybing Tammy
In response to boricuapr

hello all - doing well and jci!

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

Oh Amanda, do we have 2yos or what?! Sofie has taken to shaking her finger at you when you don't let her do or have something she wants. Serious attitude! That is SO SO cute with your DD and Duke! Hope you get that on video or photo! Too stinkin' cute!

Oh Linda, glad you finally hve answers, though I hear you on those copays... DH's botox injections for his migraines went from $40 last year to $150 this year!!

HI TAMMY!!!!

I am not spending... and probably not after Easter either... I need NOOOOTHING!

Off to go check out that G45 Scrap Day hint...

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to SonjaC

• SonjaC Said:
Oh Amanda, do we have 2yos or what?! Sofie has taken to shaking her finger at you when you don't let her do or have something she wants. Serious attitude! That is SO SO cute with your DD and Duke! Hope you get that on video or photo! Too stinkin' cute!

Oh Linda, glad you finally hve answers, though I hear you on those copays... DH's botox injections for his migraines went from $40 last year to $150 this year!!

HI TAMMY!!!!

I am not spending... and probably not after Easter either... I need NOOOOTHING!

Off to go check out that G45 Scrap Day hint...

Where are you going to find the hints?? I have been scouring the site but have not located one yet!!

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to Sewflake

Chris, I downloaded The Chillbury Ladies Choir. I don't know when I'll get to it, but I have it.

Linda, I'm so glad that you finally have some answers.

Still haven't bought anything. Still staring at my cart every day.

Sonja, where are these hints you speak of?

Edited by Kamananui on 04-12-17 08:56 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Scrapanda
Queen
Scrapanda
In response to Kamananui

Sonja I definitely don't remember ds having this much attitude at two that dd has! Today she had a little snack of goldfish crackers and when she was done I told her to put the package in the garbage - she looked at me, threw it on the floor and said 'YOUUUU!' then crossed her arms and glared at me.

Ladybing Tammy
Angel
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Scrapanda

oh my little girls with attitudes grow up to be big girls with attitudes lol

G45 hints - I need nothing but I do like to look.

Vivian Lake
Diva
Vivian Lake

My son never gave me that kind of sassy attitude, for which I'm eternally grateful.

I do get "boy" attitude, but not that kind that girls seem to be so good at.

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to Vivian Lake

Ahhh the terrible twos, not always fun to deal with but so many funny memorable moments to look back on!! What can I say other than document document those, not so funny now, moments in a little note book. Trust me, they will be priceless in years to come.

Ladybing Tammy
Angel
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Sewflake

good morning - now don't worry if you don't hear from me as heading out later until Tuesday and I have no idea what the internet situation will be like

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake

Hope this is a fun trip Tammy... take care my friend.

Wow, sb.com is fast with their shipping!!
Before I can get here to confess my purchase, the order shows up at my doorstep. I wanted one stamp but shipping was no more for a few other items that just happened to already be in my cart.....well you know the rest of the story. I did not get enough for free shipping so I saved $ by that.
Now to get to work using the wax and mousse and stamp!!

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to Sewflake

No hints that I saw, but I was following Linda's tip.. perhaps I misunderstood??? And btw, Linda, I saw the email on the Portrait of a Lady G45 line... may I just say.... AAAAAOOOOOOOGGGGAAAA!!!
I need these in my life!! They are close to Prima's Debutante line from last year, but oohhhnly as G45 could do them! Glad I don't have a crop at SMS this month... my budget would be in jeopardy for sure!

Oh Amanda, I giggled again... And only because I can totally see my DD doing the exaaact same thing! DD gets extra dramatic when she doesn't get what she wants. She trudges dejectedly over to the couch and flops down face first and 'bawls' her brains out. Oh sweetie, you can't BS a BS'er!

Sharon, by preserving these memories for future days to come, do you mean in the blackmail and mortification capacity? Because I'm going to LOVE telling her these things when she's older! I already enjoy telling my DS all about his antics as a 2yo!
And by the by, I happen to know it takes 2-3 days to get an order from Arizona to Florida, Mistress Sharon... you had plenty of time to 'fess up!

Speaking of little boy attitude, Vivian and Amanda, do either of yours get into the 'if-I'm-told-no-i'll-just -do-it-anyway" mentality? DS is doing this a lot lately... We tell him no more snack, we're going to eat dinner soon. He actually says 'I'm going to get a snack anyway' or just goes to the pantry and gets a snack himself. Today we had a minor scare because he asked DH for gum and after DH said no, he went into DH's briefcase on his own and grabbed what he thought was gum - turned out it was one of DH's constipation medications!! DH caught him before he could eat one, but he found out later that he's still missing one! Haven't heard from his school so hopefully he didn't get it, but still! The absolute NERVE and CHEEK of that kid!!!! I dread both of their teen years....

Have a fun trip Tammy!!

Hope everyone has a nice Easter weekend! I'm home with both attitudes... I mean kids tomorrow as their schools are both closed. Pray for me...

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to SonjaC

You are so right!! You can't BS a BS'er!! I seemed like only a day or so.........

Scrapanda
Queen
Scrapanda
In response to Sewflake

Sharon I make daily notes in a little notebook so that when I go back to scrap my photos in 20 years from now (you know....since I'm only on 2012 now!) I will know why I took certain photos and the story to go with them! I started doing that in 2012 when I found out I was pregnant with ds. Now that I have started scrapping that year I am so grateful for the notes!

Sonja dd is like that - tell her no and she smiles and goes ahead with whatever she was going to do anyway. Ds will once in a blue moon but he is much better about listening if we say no for the most part (so far). They were both mighty mad at me today though - we had several errands to run this morning and ds wanted to go take lunch to dad at the office. I said if they were good and if dh was indeed going to be in the office for lunch (he's often out and about doing meetings and such) that we could go. Well they were less than pleasant at pretty much every store we went to so I said nope, no lunch out and definitely not stopping by the office. Pouting babies all the way home. Hmph!

Scrapanda
Queen
Scrapanda
In response to Scrapanda

Oh and no spending on scrap stuff for me but I did spend at the fabric store (which I never go to) because I am making this super fun thing for dd's party - well I hope it turns out anyway. Will share pictures when it is done.

Governor
In response to Sewflake

Sonja - so of course I had to check out the G45 here and OMG I'm so excited they brought back Olde Curiosity Shoppe in store. Love pages I did of GS using When Pigs Fly pp, but do I want to spend that much for 3 sheets? I'm sure I would use more of it (or hoard most of it). DG is also getting botox for her migraines. Fortunately she's on temporary disability and has $0 copay, but they reduced the dosage amount for each injection AND the number of injections AND the number of sessions. So of course she's not getting the full benefit.

Kelly - it's great having answers, but SOOO sore after doing PT at home. Good thing I have another session in the morning.

Sharon - sounds like you're on a roll with awesome new products.

Normal routine, get home from, take meds, knock myself out, wake up at 10:30, take meds again and try to get PT in before I'm out for the count again. See ya'll tomorrow!

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to boricuapr

Amanda- I now remember you having said that awhile back about making notes. I wish I had done something like that years ago as the DGK's grew up, it makes all the difference in the world because like you said, it will be years down the road before I get all these pictures scrapped and so much is forgotten by then. I am glad to know that you are still taking notes!! You are already finding it invaluable!
I also love that you scrap chronologically, I have seem the progression of your family in your pages.

If only more parents would follow through with what they tell their kids will happen if their behavior is not up to snuff!!!

Linda- hope your PT gets easier as time goes on!
I don't need to look at another G45 paper collection or somehow it finds its way into my stash!!

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to Sewflake

Apparently I'm busted by $3 measly dollars. The fruit hut has 15% off for Easter, so I decided it was time to get my KaiserCraft dog papers. This is my first paper purchase since last AUGUST. Then because the Distress Oxides were already on sale the 15% made them $5.09 each, so I tossed 6 of those in my cart. I am done. And man, it sure felt good.

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to Kamananui

Kelly, you should have fun with the Oxide inks!!! Can't wait to see your projects. I have not used mine in a few weeks but then I have not done much in a few weeks but watch PBS series on Amazon...

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to Sewflake

Sharon, I can't wait to try them out, and because I'm nosy, what PBS show are you watching?

Governor
In response to Kamananui

Sharon - With all the meds I totally forgot about that series. Of course we have a vested interest since DH's GF did so much of the mapping of that area in the 20s-30s. I would LUV to do the National Geographic tour there, but OMG I could buy a new car. BTW - G45 is 15% off today - I know you REALLY REALLY need some new G45s (even though you won a pack).

Kelly - how did you go 9 months without buying paper???

I'm feeling soooo much better today. Since I didn't have to drive today I took pains meds this morning and anti-inflammatories with breakfast. Pulled out some old UFOs that I'll work on tonight. For now, I need to finish picking pics and uploading to Walgreens for pick-up tonight and then I can finish 2 projects that only need the pics and glued down.

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to Kamananui

• Kamananui Said:
Sharon, I can't wait to try them out, and because I'm nosy, what PBS show are you watching?

I watched 6 seasons of Downton Abby
the first season of Home Fires
Now I am watching season 1 of Poldark
Downton Abby was my favorite and was sorry to see it end.

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to Sewflake

A page done with the G45 winnings;
Happiness Is Like a Butterfly By Sewflake

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to Sewflake

A quiet day at home with no flyers in the paper today!! That aught to help keep me out of trouble. I am waiting on some items to come back in stock! I was going to order them someplace else but they are waiting on stock too and I made that mistake before as they usually end up taking longer than sb.com!!!
Nothing new to report since my last confession!

Chris Aiton
Expert
Chris Aiton
In response to Sewflake

Sharon, you really rocked this one - I love how you did the girl. I love G45 but just can't bring myself to spend any money right now. (I went to M's this past week to get a frame for the birthday card that I painted for DH earlier this month and bought 3 pcs of paper on clearance - all 3 for 30 cents.)

Happy Easter to all. I'm fixing a boneless leg of lamb with roasted potatoes and carrots, and green beans.

Scrapanda
Queen
Scrapanda

Happy Easter all! We had Easter dinner with dh's family yesterday and are taking it easy today. Dh had his first sleepover away from our house on Friday night. We were talking about going to Nana and Papa's Saturday and he said he wanted to go Friday - dh said well the only way you can go Friday is if Papa comes and gets you and you stay overnight - he said ok. So we called Papa and he met dad half way (it's 1.5 hours total to the inlaws house) and took ds home with him - he had a great time and never once asked about us. Now next time they can take dd too hehehe! The only time ds had slept away from us so far was when I was in the hospital 2 nights after dd was born but Nana and Papa stayed at our house with him so was a little different.

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to Scrapanda

Popping in, way behind, budget is still safe

Hope you all had a Happy Easter.

Governor
In response to tinadn

So much for staying awake Saturday. Woke up just in time to make midnight deadline for ordering pics. Got them Sunday morning and finished UFOs, had brunch at home with meds then lights out again. Wasted 2 beautiful days sleeping!! Finished the other UFOs and posted, but couldn't get to sleep until after midnight. And wouldn't you know it, woke up at 3am. No matter what I did, I couldn't get back to sleep so went to work at 5:30 after seeing the news the 75/85 connector was closed in both directions from roll-over accident. I guess everyone else saw the news so another horrible commute. Then at lunch I-20 was closed in both directions because the highway buckled-2 in critical condition from hitting pavement sticking up 3 feet in the air. Another 1.5 hour commute home at 3pm. So wired from lack of sleep that I can't sleep - even after taking my meds.

Chris Aiton
Expert
Chris Aiton
In response to boricuapr

Your commutes are insane! Do they have a timetable for getting the roads back to what goes for normal? Sorry you are having such a difficult time.

Still no spending. We are going on vacation next week and I plan to take lots of pix.

Ladybing Tammy
Angel
Ladybing Tammy

I am home! We had a lovely 4 days of nothing but the sea!

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

Hi all!
Happy Belated Easter from Los Angeles! B)

Amanda, good for you for sticking to your guns with the misbehaving kiddos! I agree, more parents need to be that way. I am... DH is most definitely NOT, though he is learning that his push-over parenting style isn't going to work anymore...

Linda YUCK!!! That's a hell of a commute - especially on little sleep! I hope you had a nice coffee to go with that... of course then that can make the commute uncomfortable... Hopefully they get those roads serviceable soon! ANd if it makes you feel better, I used to commute about 2.5 hours a day - for nearly 3 years! 1.5 every. stinkin. morning. and an hour at night. This was all before kids and I guess that's expected when you live in LA... My commute now is 45 minutes, but that includes 15 minutes in the opposite direction to drop DD off...

SHARON!! You ROCKED those papers!!! Mine are still in their lovely box...

Tammy! Welcome back!!

Tina - way to go! And hope you had a nice Easter too!

Chris - where is vacation again? Take me with you??!?

Kelly... WHEW! I was living vicariously through your shopping cart there... SIX oxides?!? Which colors did you get? And I'm totally impressed with your paper-purchasing hiatus!

I have no desire to scrap.... or spend... even though our Lent Twist is over! I got my second invoice from SMS... $54 later and I still haven't paid for either!
I am reading though... 34 books done now! And been writing some too. I got a ton of research-type books from the library a week ago and have been slogging through them for inspiration.

Speaking of reading... anyone seen Karen lately? And Janeen? And Katie and Vivian?

And I don't think my first post is up to date with spending... hmmmm

Ladybing Tammy
Angel
Ladybing Tammy
In response to SonjaC

Good morning - back to reality - back to work and a general election was called! For June 8- after invoking article 50 -wth was she thinking ????

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake

Saw something on the news last night about that!! We don't seem to get a lot of international happenings in our national news programs anymore... guess we have more than enough "wth was he thinking" going on here to have time to report on other countries happenings!!!! I am looking elsewhere for my news reports these days.

Spent again, stamps should be arriving today. Still have not busted but only because I put it so high hoping I would not reach it!! I better be careful!!! Extremely careful!

Ladybing Tammy
Angel
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Sewflake

oh I hear you Sharon - I remember thinking to myself wth were the voting American public thinking!

oh well - be careful with that spending!

godschild94
Governor
godschild94

I'm here. No spending for me because my purse was stolen a few weeks ago and I had to change my checking account and my debit and credit cards...Ugh! Why are people so rediculous! i just finally got everything back to normal but I have a bunch of other expenses coming up so I am trying to be good.

Ladybing Tammy
Angel
Ladybing Tammy
In response to godschild94

oh Janeen - so sorry about your purse

Chris Aiton
Expert
Chris Aiton

Janeen, what a bummer - such a hassle and so troubling till it's all sorted out

Sonja, we are going to Charleston (DH's twin owns 1/6 of a house on Isle of Palms). We have been there before and it's so beautiful and relaxing. Also stopping in Jacksonville (we lived there 10 years and have friends there) and also St Augustine (so fun and lots of photo ops).

I have been spring cleaning - I hate to clean but I admit it all looks so sparkling when you're done - so no time to scrap. I am taking a painting workshop this weekend and then we leave on vacation so I won't be spending anything on scrapping until May. Maybe I can just rollover the $50 I had thought I would spend until then. Ha Ha

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake

Chris - sounds like you have some fun plans coming up with your travels. I have heard so much about Charleston but have never been there. Enjoy!!
Who knows, maybe you will pass a scrap store and just have to browse for some local items/papers to go with your photos when scrapping. It could happen!

Janeen, what a horrible feeling realizing someone stole your purse. And a big hassle getting everything changed!!

hereiam
Diva
hereiam
In response to Sewflake

I'm completely behind! Yikes!!

I can't remember what my thoughts were at the beginning of the month but since I've spent about $100, let's make my budget $100.

Has anyone heard anything about challenges for NSD? I checked the Challenges message board and didn't see anything listed yet.

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to hereiam

I heard they are going to be posted on the or about the 28th of April with the members challenges posted May 6th, those will run all month. I don't know how long sb.com will run their challenges.

Ladybing Tammy
Angel
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Sewflake

Good morning - I have some photos I am working on for scrapping from my birthday trip in February!!!! Yes I do believe mojo is coming to visit - now that means budget - hmmmmm

Ladybing Tammy
Angel
Ladybing Tammy

well after searching and finding some AWESOME papers for both my birthday trip and our most recent Easter Trip, and a friendly reminder last night from my dear Moose, that I have plenty of awesome papers in my stash, I have decided NOT to purchase any papers - I might need some cardstock but we will see.

I will be cracking out the Basic Grey - Green At Heart for my birthday trip - lots of woodland so the greens are perfect and I will be using up some older SU papers and maybe some BG papers for our Easter Trip.

It will feel great to get some stuff out of the stash!

hereiam
Diva
hereiam
In response to Sewflake

• Sewflake Said:
I heard they are going to be posted on the or about the 28th of April with the members challenges posted May 6th, those will run all month. I don't know how long sb.com will run their challenges.

Thanks Sharon.

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to hereiam

Tammy, glad to hear mojo has returned! He is a fickle thing sometimes as I have not seen him much this month!

I try to use things from my stash as fast as I can but as ya'll know it takes less time to find new fun things than it does to use them!!!

Today will be a combination of organizing the craft closet finishing a card and starting a layout.....I hope!!

Ladybing Tammy
Angel
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Sewflake

have fun Sharon! I cannot wait to get home! In fact since we have to stop for Petrol on the way home (aka gas) we are also going to McDonald's for about only the 3rd time in 6 years because I am craving so bad - makes I easy to clean up the kitchen when I get home and start the laundry, so I can scrap away the rest of the night.

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

Boy did I need your reaffirmations today, gals... Because I got up this morning really craving the smell of new scrappy supplies!
And you're totally right, Sharon, it's so much easier to just go buy than to search (and search and search) for the things you need in your stash!
Like right now... I'm searching for Ms. Mojo!

Oh Janeen, that SUCKS!!! Had that happen quite a while ago myself... car was broken into at a Target. I was SO mad! Not as bad a theft as our storage unit last summer, but still pretty violating!

Hi Karen!!! I think my mojo ran off to join GoodReads.... I spend an obscene amount of my spare time reading or playing on that site... heh heh heh and I saw what you did there with your budget for April...

Oh Chris that sounds like a wonderful trip!! Glad you're getting some spring cleaning in before you go though. It's always good to come back to a nice clean house!

Hoping to get two my last two-three projects this weekend, though it is already shaping up to be a busy one... DS has a t-ball game tomorrow and then we need to do some laundry. I am hoping to sit down at my craft table for a bit during laundry time. Sunday will be a busy day... DS has pictures for t-ball, it's Family Fun Day at the park and I am working the snack bar in the morning. I anticipate being worn out by 5pm!

Ladybing Tammy
Angel
Ladybing Tammy
In response to SonjaC

gosh Sonja - I am worn out just reading about it!

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

LOL me too by typing it all, Tammy!

Mommies I spent... I nabbed a couple things I've been eyeing on evilbay... $10 spent! Now to stay away from my sb.com shopping cart...

Ya know what tho? Those stamps have been in my wishlist since last November so I don't feel too bad. And I already have a couple projects for those shaker balloons!

Edited by SonjaC on 04-21-17 11:25 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Ladybing Tammy
Angel
Ladybing Tammy
In response to SonjaC

I cannot find the stuff from my stash I want!!!!

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake

Oh no Tammy! That is going to throw a kink in your plans to scrap all night!! Hope you find something comparable to use for your photos. Maybe you will have to nab a new theme kit and do it digital!!

Ladybing Tammy
Angel
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Sewflake

haha Sharon = yeah I thought about that BUT I found soem BG Olivia which kinda coordinates with Green at Heart and I will do something in the morning!

Governor

Tammy - great to see you back!

Karen - Marci does a challenge post where she includes links to the challenges sponsored by SB and other hostesses. I just mark that in my Favorite Topics and keep a cheat sheet of challenges and requirements.

FYI - I think the NSD reveal is a live FB event 4.28.17 at 1pm PST. I hope I can be home from Physical Therapy by then. Drats-I forgot to make it earlier next Friday.

Chris - Some of my favorite places I've been to. Of course The Straw Market in Charleston is always a must an the Colombia Restaurant in St. Augustine for dinner.

Sonja - Lately I can barely stay awake long enough to go through SB posts, let alone read a book.

Janeen - been there with purses-

Sharon - You mojo may be taking a break (more likely hiding) after working it to death with your awesome layouts!

I can't believe I haven't spent my SB gift cards yet. I guess I'll save them until after the big NSD reveal next Friday.

I survived another week of commutes and rumor has it they plan to finish I-85 by May 21st.

Left my power cord at the office (and on a Friday) so may not be on for a couple days.

Scrapanda
Queen
Scrapanda
In response to boricuapr

Not a lot of scrapping the last few days - I have been getting things ready for dd's 2nd birthday party which is tomorrow. Our theme is Twinkle, twinkle little star!

Ladybing Tammy
Angel
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Scrapanda

wow Amanda - where did that time go?

Nice to see you Linda! Don't ya just hate when you do that with the power cord!

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake

Good morning, almost the end of April and it feels weird not waiting on scrapping supplies!! I have been tempted over the week end and have a cart filled somewhere or did have. I let it sit and sit and sit then when I decided to take the plunge it would not let me check out...some issue or other... I took it as a sign not to proceed with the transaction!!

Amanda, two years already?? Time does go fast doesn't it and the photos pile up faster than you can scrap!!! But you will have them for later when more time allows.

godschild94
Governor
godschild94
In response to Sewflake

No shopping for me but I am being tempted big time by the water coloring supplies on here. I have been playing around using my inks and water but I think I want to dive In with some actual watercolors. And with my color obsession I want the big expensive set. Ugh.

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics