Username Post: How to include heavy brochures?        (Topic#1666037)
New Kid On the Block

Hi all! I have several large brochures (Disneyland, Universal Studios, etc.) that I'd like to include in my scrapbook. I'd like them to be in some type of pocket... so they can easily be removed. These are old. I'm actually redoing a scrapbook I made in 1978 using a nasty old acid-filled scrapbook that is damaging everything within it. These brochures were just in the old scrapbook... not secured in any way. I was hoping to find maybe some type of adhesive pocket or something. But... I'm afraid the pages will rip due to the weight. I'm using an old-style scrapbook... that looks like the original. So there are no page protectors. Any ideas? Thanks.

don1
don1 
Expert
don1
  • don1 on 04-19-17 06:30 AM
In response to DigitalChick

Could you open it flat and insert it into an album sleeve?

New Kid On the Block
In response to don1

I thought about that. But this particular book doesn't have sleeves. I guess I could see if they make them for it. That would work.

New Kid On the Block

I'm not having any luck finding a page protector that's 11x14 and top loading. It's also only 2 holes on the side... but I figure if I can find one with 3 holes, I can punch new holes to make that work. But I can't even find any that are that size... and top-loading.

Doreena
Governor
Doreena

Here's an example of what I did to include a Playbill:

The Lion King By Doreena

I made a pocket out of the main part of my layout, big enough to fit the Playbill in and to use as the main layout space.
To help hold the Playbill in place I placed a small paperclip at the top of the back page.

Edited by Doreena on 04-19-17 07:39 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

ELLANVANNIN
Governor
ELLANVANNIN
In response to Doreena

Here are a couple of pages I made that may help you.
In the first one I used a manila envelope to add strips with pics but can work for brochures too.
The second one is specifically made for that kind of stuff.

FIRST TRIP TO DISNEY WORLD (OCTOBER 2011) - PAGE 54 By ELLANVANNIN

FIRST TRIP TO DISNEY WORLD (OCTOBER 2011) - PAGE 28 By ELLANVANNIN

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to ELLANVANNIN

Edited by anda11 on 04-19-17 01:07 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to ELLANVANNIN

I have made many pockets I sew them sometimes too like snowflake for winter I you can make a pocket & just adhere it in a u shape.. sometimes i use a long piece of adhesive on each side I save brochures, vacation stuff, cards, memorabilia too do not be scared cause I have been scrapping since 97 & as a kid the pockets have never ffallen with the adhesive in all these years do not be araid the brochues & vacation stuff & school stuff is normal to put in a page that is what the scrap[books are for

Edited by anda11 on 04-19-17 01:05 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Kel3
Kel3 
Mayor
Kel3
  • Kel3 on 04-27-17 01:33 PM
In response to anda11

I've done a couple where I've cut the brochure in pieces and just glued down certain pieces of the brochure to the page.
Maybe you could use a page protector and just cut it the size you need and staples or glue it to the page.

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to Kel3

This is a LO I did when I wanted to add several brochures. The pocket tried to pull away, so I used a couple of brads to secure the top corners. The brads are actually gold, not yellow, so they went with the Gold Country theme of that part of my scrapbook I was working on...and should finish sometime. :>)

018 Placerville, CA By Mrsdriver5

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to mrsdriver5

• mrsdriver5 Said:
This is a LO I did when I wanted to add several brochures. The pocket tried to pull away, so I used a couple of brads to secure the top corners. The brads are actually gold, not yellow, so they went with the Gold Country theme of that part of my scrapbook I was working on...and should finish sometime. :>)

018 Placerville, CA By Mrsdriver5

It sure is good to see you my dear dear friend Judy

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics