Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: 2017 NSD ACTIVITIES Consolidated HERE! POST BOX 1! CLOSED/COMPLETE!        (Topic#1666049)
MarciLB
Queen
MarciLB

Hi EVERYONE! This is Marci. I have teamed up with Scrapbook.com and will consolidate YOUR links of MEMBER CHALLENGES in 1 starting place for National Scrapbook Day which is MAY 6, 2017.

MEMBER CHALLENGES:

1. EPHEMERA - 5/5-5/20... https://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showtopic.php?tid/1666...

2. PICK-A-SKETCH - 5/5-5/20... https://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showtopic.php?tid/1666...

3. BIG BDAY/MDAY BASH-5/2-5/31... https://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showtopic.php?tid/1666...

4. HOARDERS w/NSD TWIST!-5/1-5/31... https://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showtopic.php?tid/1666...

5. USE YOUR STAMPS!- 5/5-5/25... https://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showtopic.php?tid/1666...

6. POCKETLETTER - 5/5-5/20... https://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showtopic.php?tid/1666...

7. LIFT YOUR SPIRITS- SCRAPLIFT!-5/5-5/7... https://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showtopic.php?tid/1666...

8. GIRLS ONLY/BOYS ONLY! - 5/5-5/20... https://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showtopic.php?tid/1666...

9. CRICUT! - 5/6-5/13... https://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showtopic.php?tid/1666...

SCRAPBOOK.com CHALLENGES

EMBELLISHMENT CHALLENGE -ENDS 5/18 https://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showtopic.php?tid/1666...

MIXED MEDIA CHALLENGE- ENDS 5/25 https://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showtopic.php?tid/1666...

DIE CUT DISCOVERY -ENDS 5/23 https://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showtopic.php?tid/1666...

CRAFTING CHALLENGE-ENDS 5-18 https://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showtopic.php?tid/1666...

TRAVEL ADVENTURE- ENDS 5/25 https://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showtopic.php?tid/1666...

AZAmy
AZAmy 
Expert
AZAmy
  • AZAmy on 04-21-17 07:11 AM
In response to MarciLB

Thank you Marci! Stop back on Friday, April 28th for all the NSD details from Scrapbook.com AND don't miss our Facebook Live event with lots of samples, explanations and a few special surprises. Join in the fun and celebrate National Scrapbook Day with Scrapbook.com!

5finns
5finns 
Idol
5finns
In response to AZAmy

I am looking forward to the challenges and all of the great creations that will pop up in the gallery!

MarciLB
Queen
MarciLB
In response to 5finns

• 5finns Said:
I am looking forward to the challenges and all of the great creations that will pop up in the gallery!

Dria!

Puddin Head
Idol
Puddin Head
In response to MarciLB

I really enjoyed last year's NSD activities and am looking forward to even more fun this year!

MarciLB
Queen
MarciLB
In response to Puddin Head

• Puddin Head Said:
I really enjoyed last year's NSD activities and am looking forward to even more fun this year!

I did too Susan! (like we need an excuse LOLOLOL!!)

SJ luvscrappin
Idol
SJ luvscrappin
In response to MarciLB

I so enjoyed last year's too!! I haven't scrapped like in two years though I did play last year, hope I can play this year. Seems NSD is the only time I scrap now.

MarciLB
Queen
MarciLB
In response to SJ luvscrappin

• SJ luvscrappin Said:
I so enjoyed last year's too!! I haven't scrapped like in two years though I did play last year, hope I can play this year. Seems NSD is the only time I scrap now.

Jael...hope you can join in!!! I know--LIFE gets in the way---but you will accumulate the memories and scrap them in the future!!!

SJ luvscrappin
Idol
SJ luvscrappin
In response to MarciLB

• MarciLB Said:
  • SJ luvscrappin Said:

Jael...hope you can join in!!! I know--LIFE gets in the way---but you will accumulate the memories and scrap them in the future!!!

I will make the time and will try to scrap more this year. My only granddaughter is 2 and I need to get her pictures scrapped. Have 2 new grand babies on the way, am so excited!!

fabricfrenzy
Idol
fabricfrenzy

I haven't been Scrapbooking in almost a year.... because of a half-house remodel! I am SOOOOO excited that National Scrapbook Day isn't on Mother's Day weekend!!! So, I think I'll be able to join! Thanks Marci for putting all the Challenges in one spot- So, much easier to follow!

MarciLB
Queen
MarciLB
In response to fabricfrenzy

• fabricfrenzy Said:
I haven't been Scrapbooking in almost a year.... because of a half-house remodel! I am SOOOOO excited that National Scrapbook Day isn't on Mother's Day weekend!!! So, I think I'll be able to join! Thanks Marci for putting all the Challenges in one spot- So, much easier to follow!

Pam-congrats on your re-model--YES!-hope to see you around again!!!

hereiam
Diva
hereiam
In response to MarciLB

Thank you for putting this thread together!! I'm so excited for NSD. Last year all the challenges really sprring-boarded my scrapping for the summer. I got so much accomplished and I'm still excited to keep working. All the challenges keep things fresh and exciting.

Thanks again - to everyone who hosts and helps put this day together. I truly appreciate it!

MarciLB
Queen
MarciLB
In response to hereiam

• hereiam Said:
Thank you for putting this thread together!! I'm so excited for NSD. Last year all the challenges really sprring-boarded my scrapping for the summer. I got so much accomplished and I'm still excited to keep working. All the challenges keep things fresh and exciting.

Thanks again - to everyone who hosts and helps put this day together. I truly appreciate it!

I know Karen--it IS so motivating--and to see everyone jump in--makes it all the more F*U*N!

kathy101
Idol
kathy101
In response to MarciLB

I will see if I can be apart of the fun. I will not be hosting any challenge this year thou.

MarciLB
Queen
MarciLB
In response to kathy101

• kathy101 Said:
I will see if I can be apart of the fun. I will not be hosting any challenge this year thou.

No problem-just join in!!!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to MarciLB

I hope to get a few challenges done this year.

happy go lucky
Angel
happy go lucky
In response to MarciLB

Marci - thanks for all your hard work. You certainly made it easy for the rest of us last year. Looking forward to NSD - my family knows it a ME day.

SusanneG
Guru
SusanneG
In response to happy go lucky

Thank you for your work Marci! I took part of the NSD challenges over here in the last years already, but this year will be my first year of being here for other challenges too. And I am sure it will be fun to know some of the people already. Plus my dd promised me to come over and start to scrapbook again. Maybe just for this day, but hey, that is better than nothing. I love scrapbooking with her!

SJ luvscrappin
Idol
SJ luvscrappin
In response to SusanneG

• SusanneG Said:
Thank you for your work Marci! I took part of the NSD challenges over here in the last years already, but this year will be my first year of being here for other challenges too. And I am sure it will be fun to know some of the people already. Plus my dd promised me to come over and start to scrapbook again. Maybe just for this day, but hey, that is better than nothing. I love scrapbooking with her!

Hi Suzy!! Can't wait to see your layout and your dd's too!

luv46kdz
Idol
luv46kdz

Yay

Thanks Marci

AZAmy
AZAmy 
Expert
AZAmy
  • AZAmy on 04-26-17 12:59 PM
In response to luv46kdz

Hi ladies!!

Just wanted to pop in and let everyone know that the Scrapbook.com challenges for NSD have just been posted to the site. If you are interested, pop on over and get started thinking about your ideas, print pictures, and have some FUN!!

If you are planning to be around on Friday afternoon, April 28th at 1:00 PST we will be hosting a NSD kick off on Facebook Live with 3 special guests. I will be stopping in to answer questions about the challenges and showing a few samples to help inspire you. Please stop in and say HI!

I look forward to connecting with you.

Amy Sonnemann
Scrapbook.com

Edited by AZAmy on 04-26-17 01:21 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

MarciLB
Queen
MarciLB
In response to luv46kdz

Suzi, Vickie and Paula
You are welcome!!!....NSD CHALLENGES are now posted by sb.com

As of 5PM they are posted right where our member challenges are for the time being!!!! for all to see!

silver26AK
Diva
silver26AK
In response to MarciLB

WOO HOO!! One of my favorite times of the year!!

MarciLB
Queen
MarciLB
In response to silver26AK

Me too Erin!

Governor
In response to MarciLB

Oh My My!!! We are in for a super fantastic time!!! Can't wait to see what everyone creates!!

SusanneG
Guru
SusanneG

Hi Jael! Did not see you for a while, can't wait to see some new beautiful layouts from you!

luv46kdz
Idol
luv46kdz
In response to SusanneG

Yeah

savvy scrapper amie
Governor
savvy scrapper amie
In response to luv46kdz

Oh I'm so excited!!

MarciLB
Queen
MarciLB
In response to savvy scrapper amie

See post box 1 for sb.com's list of challenges, end dates and links!

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to MarciLB

So excited to see everyone here!

MarciLB
Queen
MarciLB
In response to bonprof

I am excited with all of you too!!!

savvy scrapper amie
Governor
savvy scrapper amie
In response to MarciLB

I've signed up for all of them in anticipation of a Scrapbook retreat next weekend!

rahulsmom
Angel
rahulsmom

Marci, you are the best.

rahulsmom
Angel
rahulsmom

Marci, you are the best.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to MarciLB

I saw the thread but dave had to go to hospital with blood clots. it was not accute but he sees the blood dr on weds. I may have missed it. I always do the heritage challenge... would they like me to add it??

nvmagpie
Mayor
nvmagpie
In response to anda11

Planning on checking in on the day. Also signed up for some of the challenges!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to nvmagpie

• nvmagpie Said:
Planning on checking in on the day. Also signed up for some of the challenges!

HI Susan

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• savvy scrapper amie Said:
I've signed up for all of them in anticipation of a Scrapbook retreat next weekend!

lucky You

MarciLB
Queen
MarciLB
In response to rahulsmom

• rahulsmom Said:
Marci, you are the best.

Deepa-you are so sweet--hope you can join in!!!!

MarciLB
Queen
MarciLB
In response to MarciLB

Amie--have fun! Love those weekends!
YAY Susan!!!
Linda...yes you can do the heritage challenge for NSD! You didn't miss it--the sb.com members are entering challenges on NSD 5-6 or if yours is the monthly challenge then do it 5-1 and just put "NSD" in front of it!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to MarciLB

sorry to make you answer multiple times

5finns
5finns 
Idol
5finns
In response to anda11

I just read though SB.com challenges. These are terrific!
Time to use the great products I have bee buying from here!

Edited by 5finns on 04-28-17 04:41 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

MarciLB
Queen
MarciLB
In response to 5finns

No problem Linda!
I agree Dria!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to MarciLB

• MarciLB Said:
No problem Linda!
I agree Dria!

Thank you I agree with Dria I sure love the challenges

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to luv46kdz

I agree with everyone I was sick last yr.. one year I won a huge box full of a huge amount of awesome items it was a great assortment too they even tied a nice bow on the Tim holtz scissors

Edited by anda11 on 04-29-17 02:38 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

ppilgrim
Guru
ppilgrim
In response to anda11

Yay, I'm excited. Or I would be, if I weren't so darned tired. This whole moving house deal is a lot more exhausting than I remember. Mind you, I was 17 years younger the last time I did it and I hadn't started scrapbooking yet.

Anyway, my new scrap room still looks like something barfed my stash up all over it, but I'll get 'er sorted by next weekend if it kills me! No way I'm missing all the NSD fun for something as trivial as major life changes ;-)

Thanks again, Marci, for keeping all the fun organized. You're the wind beneath all of our wings :-)

MarciLB
Queen
MarciLB
In response to ppilgrim

It IS soooooooooooooooooo much work and then one day--IT'S DONE! so--there is a wonderful light at the end of your tunnel Peggy!
you are so sweet-thank YOU!!!

toni-n-tn
Diva
toni-n-tn
In response to MarciLB

How exciting!
Thank you, Marci, for all that you do
I hope I can get something done; scrappin'
hasn't been a top priority lately, sad to say.

njr007
njr007 
Angel
njr007
In response to toni-n-tn

Marci here is the link to the NSD Cricut Challenge that starts on Saturday May 6.

https://www.scrapbook.com/gallery/?type=challen ge&c...

MarciLB
Queen
MarciLB
In response to njr007

Thanks Toni!
Great Norma!
It's MAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYY YYYYY!!!!

LauralsAttic
Mayor
LauralsAttic
In response to MarciLB

Looking forward to getting back into LO's! Thought by joining a few it might give me a push to get going!

MarciLB
Queen
MarciLB
In response to LauralsAttic

Fabulous Laura--cant wait to see them-you do beautiful work!

charcats7
Queen
charcats7
In response to MarciLB

I'm working up a Use Your Stamps NSD challenge... so I'll be back with that soon

Thanks so much Marci for putting this all together, I almost missed it. I'm glad a lot of the due dates are after 6 May as that is the day we work a fundraiser dinner for our local Pregnancy Center... I don't think I'll get much done that day. I have sticky notes on my desk reminding me what is what so I can be focused. I did not get to participate last year, life was hectic. So I'm very excited to play this year

Question- can a project be entered in more than one challenge? Or can it only be entered once?

Thanks & it's good to see others I haven't seen in awhile- I had to reduce how many things I regularly participate in. You'd think being "retired" meant you have more free time But - nope!

MarciLB
Queen
MarciLB
In response to charcats7

Yes they can all be entered I more than 1 challenge! and when you enter the challenge I will just go to it and pick up the link and put it in post box 1 here....I am listing the name of challenge, the link and the date range it runs.....
Glad you can join in CHAR!!!!

charcats7
Queen
charcats7
In response to MarciLB

• MarciLB Said:
Yes they can all be entered I more than 1 challenge! and when you enter the challenge I will just go to it and pick up the link and put it in post box 1 here....I am listing the name of challenge, the link and the date range it runs.....
Glad you can join in CHAR!!!!

yay - thanks so much Marci - so exciting.

Governor
In response to charcats7

Marci - you're SOOOO awesome keeping everything updated!!

MarciLB
Queen
MarciLB
In response to boricuapr

• boricuapr Said:
Marci - you're SOOOO awesome keeping everything updated!!

Thanks so much Linda! It's just fun for me!!!

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to MarciLB

Marci, do we have a timetable for Saturday? I was just curious....

MarciLB
Queen
MarciLB
In response to BlingQueenRia

Start time you mean??? I am going to post my 2 challenges Friday evening.. I didn't ask for sign ups, so not sure how many we will have...but I am sure everyone will be anxious to get started as early as in their time zone!!!!

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to MarciLB

Yep. In years past there had been challenges and games hourly. I was curious if we're going down that route again this year? For me, the hourlong challenges were part of the thrill of NSD.

MarciLB
Queen
MarciLB

Were they offered by scrapbook.com? They have already posted their challenges ( see post box 1) I would say I'd be surprised if anyone will post one like that, since things have gotten so expansive with Facebook, blogs etc...it seems giving people time, results in more involvement here these days!

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to MarciLB

Yep, they were. I've been around here for a LONG time....13 years now.

MarciLB
Queen
MarciLB

that is fantastic!

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to MarciLB

You are so right Marci on the having time to be involved!! I don't do the timed limited challenges any longer and that cuts out a LOT of people that have other commitments during the day! Working up a challenge is too involved to limit the involvement for folks!!

Looking forward the the member challenges on the 6th...

nvmagpie
Mayor
nvmagpie
In response to Sewflake

Marci - thanks so much for organizing this for NSD! I am looking forward to doing some challenges - glad that I have more than 1 day for most of them.

I will keep checking in.

MarciLB
Queen
MarciLB
In response to nvmagpie

you are welcome Susan!-It really is fun!

Sharon--the other BIG help is combining with other challenges, I really try to do that often and that makes it more fun/challenging for me too!

Governor
In response to MarciLB

I remember my first NSD there were hourly challenges and they gave us a hint list of categories and items to have handy for the 1-day challenge postings. I remember the best challenges were always due during the Derby. It was hectic if you weren't organized and I don't think anyone would have time to finish them all by the deadlines. The good thing is I had to decide which challenges I would do and then just do them-no time to dilly dally and overthink. Of course I had a blast and haven't missed NSD since.

FYI - any info on "possible announcements" hinted at during FB Live Event that would be made today? They also mentioned announcements for Saturday too!

rahulsmom
Angel
rahulsmom
In response to boricuapr

I too loved the hourly challenges and that gave me the push to finish. I also liked the scavenger type hunt to look for LOs and post it on the challenge hour.
I also like this format of giving us time to complete.

MarciLB
Queen
MarciLB
In response to rahulsmom

That does sound like fun!
I would like both!

1 more day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!

luv46kdz
Idol
luv46kdz
In response to MarciLB

One more day

Marci love your new avi

cindy312
Diva
cindy312
In response to luv46kdz

I REALLY miss the hourly challenges. The time pressure was insane but so inspiring. I loved seeing what people could make (AND upload!) in an hour.

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to cindy312

Hi everyone,

I will be posting two challenges for NSD in a few hours.
So excited!!

charcats7
Queen
charcats7
In response to bonprof

WOOHOO- got it posted

Please see the NSD 2017 Use Your Stamp Challenge here:
https://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showtopic.php?tid/1666...

MarciLB
Queen
MarciLB
In response to charcats7

thanks Paula!

WOO HOO and YAY CHAR!!!!
Can't wait Donna! Will do mine soon too!

Governor
In response to MarciLB

I guess I'll be staying up late to see all the 5.6 challenge posting! Too too too excited!!! Let the madness begin!!

justowen
Governor
justowen
In response to boricuapr

I have my scraproom ready! I'm just pretending it's the "old way" and tomorrow is the day I'm doing challenges!

MarciLB
Queen
MarciLB
In response to justowen

That is how I am Jenny although I did do a couple of sb.com's challenges and combined with other challenges for May....I am going to post mine now as here & Internationally the time is different everywhere!!!

For sure Linda!

mizzblue
Guru
mizzblue
In response to MarciLB

thank your for consolidating it all into one area!

SusanneG
Guru
SusanneG
In response to mizzblue

Good morning everyone! Happy NSD!!!!!
Natascha and I are already here starting with our layouts in a few minutes. Hope you all have fun!

justowen
Governor
justowen
In response to SusanneG

Good Morning! Happy NSD!

MarciLB
Queen
MarciLB
In response to justowen

You are welcome QueenKat!
WAY TO GO LADIES!...started a say hello/chat where are "regular" challenges are if you want to say hi!

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HAPPY NSD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A VERY important celebration!!! HAVE A GREAT DAY!!!!

SplendidMoments
Governor
SplendidMoments

Marci you're super fabulous!!
Miss all my friends here at sb.com!!
I've been absent taking care of my health!

So happy to be here celebrating NSBD with everyone

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to SplendidMoments

Happy NSD!!!

MarciLB
Queen
MarciLB
In response to bonprof

Same to you Donna!
Welcome back Karen! So glad you can join us again!!!

scrapmomof4
Pro
scrapmomof4
In response to bonprof

Cleaned up from the party last night now it's time to play!

MarciLB
Queen
MarciLB
In response to scrapmomof4

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to MarciLB

Happy NSD!!!

MarciLB
Queen
MarciLB
In response to southern lady

Just Nora
Idol
Just Nora
In response to MarciLB

I am actually playing today!! I set the day aside to join. I have not scrapped in MONTHS!! Just made one layout and am pretty rusty. Trying to use up my stash so do not have a ton of new supplies used. (though I do have new stuff, just trying to dig into the old!!) Cannot wait to see what everyone creates!!

MarciLB
Queen
MarciLB
In response to Just Nora

Nora..welcome!!!

SJ luvscrappin
Idol
SJ luvscrappin
In response to MarciLB

Hi Nora!! Can't wait to see what you make!

Just Nora
Idol
Just Nora

Hi MarciLB and Jael!!!

charcats7
Queen
charcats7
In response to Just Nora

have a project on my desk... thought I'd pop in and say hi - can hardly wait to see all the great projects....

MarciLB
Queen
MarciLB
In response to charcats7

Hi Char! I know--what a fun day!

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to bonprof

is there one for pets on here

MarciLB
Queen
MarciLB
In response to southern lady

We postponed the regular pet monthly challenge this month due to all of the NSD activities since they run a good portion of the month...but you could certainly use a pet picture in many of the challenges!

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to MarciLB

This day is so great!!
Love checking into all the challenges!!

MarciLB
Queen
MarciLB
In response to bonprof

It is fun--going fast! We just ordered Chinese take out-YUM!

SJ luvscrappin
Idol
SJ luvscrappin
In response to MarciLB

Oh Chinese is my favorite!! Enjoy Marci you sure deserve it!!

Governor

Hoping everyone had an awesome, creative and productive day today - not to mention having a blast!!!

Thanks to all our hostesses and members for making this such a great event!

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics