Username Post: watercolor pencils        (Topic#1666427)
CraftyBetty
Resident
CraftyBetty

I am new to card making/scrapping.. and love all the things I have seen other people post.. I am drawn to the watercolor things.. I have some inexpensive watercolor paints that I have used on a couple card backgrounds and things, but not very precise on smaller things. What does everyone suggest I purchase to use? What is your favorite? I'm learning blending..so what do you find works best?

Thank you to everyone.. ~hugs~

angel1dot0
Expert
angel1dot0
In response to CraftyBetty

I work a lot with water-based coloring too.
I use watercolor pencils, watercolors, distress inks and watercolor crayons (distress crayons and gelatos) and I tend to use them all together.
One item that really helps me out in all of this, is masking fluid, so that's my recommendation.
Couldn't have done this without masking fluid.

CraftyBetty
Resident
CraftyBetty
In response to angel1dot0

I watched a video on masking fluid.. and ordered some.. but I'm gonna need to watch more info on using it..

Thank you so much for your kind response..

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to CraftyBetty

right now I am try water color pencils the ones I have right now are staedtler . I am still not great at it yet but try them out. I love use distress inks . I need to buy some more of them.

southgirl
Expert
southgirl
In response to southern lady

I have Color Bursts (like powdered water color medium) and love the way they move. I love to play with water color and find that Zig's Clean Color brush tip water color pens have a bit more control.

Luvien
Luvien 
Expert
Luvien
In response to southgirl

I Love working with water color pencils...mostly on my Adorn it cards...I use the Derwent WC pencils, then using a damp brush I blend....I have more control this way then with WC paints.
Carolee's Adornit Happy Birthday By Luvien

Edited by Luvien on 02-15-18 02:14 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics