Page 2 of 32 
Username Post: Closed Round Robin Mini Album Swap        (Topic#1666443)
LauralsAttic
Governor
LauralsAttic
In response to bonprof

I vote to let the entire book stay together and make the journey and like Deb said, matching pages and feel of entire album is key as well seeing all the loveliness created by everyone IRL would be inspiring! Sorry to loose Dawna! Do we all have the same bag album you mailed out Marticia? Just curious, I was trying to do the math in my head the other night and it was not working out. Thought about it until my brain hurt asking myself how this would come back to me finished. Like Donna said teasingly, it is the Engineer coming out! Was pretty funny at the time. When I do a project I usually have it all in my head from beginning to end so this not knowing is such a challenge already and we have not even started! Oh were going to have so much fun! The anticipation is almost too much!!!!!! Just funning around! Hope everyone is having a good day! So sad to hear Dawna dropped out but I understand. Hopefully Someone will join us crazy Robinettes as Linny calls us!

LauralsAttic
Governor
LauralsAttic
In response to LauralsAttic

And yes, Elizabeth would be a wonderful addition! I'm sure if she has the time she would love to join!

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny
In response to Dawna.s Place

Good morning!

Martica, here's what I would like on my pages:
I like lace and pearls, flowers, butterflies, dragonflies and embellies. I prefer shades of soft pinks, white, creams with accents of light green, powder blue, or lavender. I like soft muted tones in shabby chic. I like 'words' on my pages...inspiration, encouragement, etc.

I also like mailing our albums with the covers completed as long as it is understood that we all mail in boxes and not a padded envie. They need to be transported like the works of art they will be.

Sun is shining here....how's life in your neck of the woods??

Edited by Linnny on 06-15-17 08:44 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Euroalien
Queen
Euroalien
In response to Linnny

In my neck of the woods it's hot and humid, after all the storms and rain yesterday/over night we are steaming today....

Glad to see that it looks like our albums will be traveling.

Love that tag, yes invite her!!!!!

Lunch time, mandarin chicken salad.... yummy!

Scrap Smart
Mayor
Scrap Smart

Was really looking forward to doing a project with Dawna again--I'm bummed! But at least we know now!

I vote sending the whole album for 2 reasons:. Love to see the inspiration from everyone!
It will be easier to custom fit the page to the album. The last time I did a album where all the participants did a page (or 2), some of them did not fit/work into the album & I had to rework them. I know the cost will be more! 😢

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to Scrap Smart

Break time;

Laura, I am with you. So excited about this wonderful project. I am giddy like a child! LOL.

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny
In response to bonprof

I would love if Elizabeth would join. I just met her recently through the tag swap. She is very talented and a sweet gal too!

It is so humid here today...yucko! I went out on the terrace with plans of hosing it down. The birds think our terrace is there loo!!!!!!!!!! But it is just too humid. Cannot take humidity.

My son Chris called yesterday to ask what we are doing for Father's Day. (My dh is his step dad.) I said, "when is father's day". He says, "this Sunday". I said, "Huh"????? Normally I would figure out a menu or just order in. But now my son is on a high lean protein diet...no carbs...veggies low sodium; his gf is doing Weight Watchers; Bob only eats Halal, and me, I'm happy with anything. Hmmmmmmmmmmm, what to do????? It's al good, we'll figure it out.

Euroalien
Queen
Euroalien
In response to Linnny

Anyone knows how much each shipment will be for the boxes/album?

Lorna Lee
Queen
Lorna Lee
In response to Euroalien

Bummer that Dawna can't create with us. I do understand that the timing will create too much stress. I miss our Dawna.
For sure if it is one page wach, we need to see how what we create will flow.
I have something to look forward to after moving and setting up a new space. I have so much in my scrap room. My sister will add her sewing machine and things to the room. Hoping to start a craft night like Deb has with her sisters and Gayle. Maybe we will get others to join in.
Hot here too.

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to Lorna Lee

Dying to hear from Martica!!
Want to invite Elizabeth.
If she can't do it, then what!
Anyone got a Plan B??

Martica
Queen
Martica
In response to bonprof

Hello everyone I am here , sorry ladies I had invited Robin prior to reading about Elizabeth so I will wait to here her reply if she is not interested I will ask Elizabeth.

Martica
Queen
Martica
In response to Martica

I am so glad everyone wants the whole album mailed because that's what I wanted . That way we can see the albums almost completed .

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to Martica

It's ok, Martica, just trying to help out!!

Martica
Queen
Martica
In response to bonprof

Thanks Donna to bad I didn't see your suggestion Donna before I sent pm to Robin . Let's see what Robin says.

Martica
Queen
Martica
In response to Martica

I will give her until tomorrow to respond if she doesn't I will try Elizabeth her work is beautiful.

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to Martica

Martica, no problem.
We were just all putting our heads together.

Debbie, I need a knee replacement on the left knee. But Im not ready. It's a big step.

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny
In response to bonprof

Just a drive bye.....

I was online for about 2 hours looking at Victorian/vintage/steampu nk images of chicas. I have a visual in me head of what I would like my cover to be....hmmm, we shall see

Nightie nite

RobandTim2
Queen
RobandTim2
In response to Linnny

Martica,
I sent a pm to you, I will not be able to participate.
I will be visiting my brother in Las Vegas and have family coming .

Yes, Elizabeth, would be absolutely perfect for this swap.

Have a Great time, Ladies.

Blessings ~Robin

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to RobandTim2

Robin,
Sorry to hear you can't join us. Your work is so beautiful. You are a perfect candidate.

Martica
Queen
Martica
In response to bonprof

No problem Robin maybe next time

LauralsAttic
Governor
LauralsAttic
In response to Martica

If we can not get anyone else to join we could always finish the last page on our own if we need to or the first. It is another option. Hopefully someone would like to join us! Good mornin everyone! Won't be back on until Monday, headed out for the weekend! If I get access somewhere I will try to pop in. Have a great weekend!

bonprof
Queen
bonprof

Laura,
have a great weekend!!

After work, I am getting my hair cut and then meeting Kerry for a movie and our favorite pizza. The place is call Blaze. Anyone have a Blaze pizza near them? It's so cool. You add whatever topping you like. Yum

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to bonprof

If any of you make cards and have a sketch you really like, please share.
A very good friend of mine lost her father Tuesday and I want to make a beautiful card. thanks for your help.

Scrap Smart
Mayor
Scrap Smart
In response to bonprof

I think I've changed my mind on the cover three times now! I keep thinking, let's do something different or maybe use something that's not your favorite colors, then I'm like, WHY ARE YOU DOING THAT? I'm ​afraid if I do that, I won't love it when I'm done, & then, what would be the point of all that?!!! I'm a mixed up mess!

Scrap Smart
Mayor
Scrap Smart

Oh! Technical question--should we make the covers slightly larger than the rest of the pages?

DKravec
Angel
DKravec

My opinions on the paper bags is to make them however you want. If you want it chipboard wrapped, I say wrap it. If you want it larger then the bag, I say make it larger. If you want to wrap it in fabric, I say wrap it in fabric. Hmmm that's not a bad idea and something else to think about. So many ways to make the front cover. It's no wonder I can't give Martica my preferences yet. I don't even know my preferences yet.

Also, I don't recall the shipping being that expensive. I think it got close to five dollars when it got heavier. I never used priority unless the price difference wasn't much. And it would be best not to use the priority boxes. They end up costing more. Just my opinion.

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny
In response to DKravec

Deb, funny you mentioned fabric. I took my lining and lace fabric out last night and I believe that's what I'm going with. Then again, I keep changing my mind. Besides I received new papers yesterday and am waiting on an order from Renea with more paper. I might wind up changing my preferences. I realized I don't have a theme listed either.

Laura, enjoy your weekend!!!! Prayers for safety on the road.

Edited by Linnny on 06-16-17 06:46 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Scrap Smart
Mayor
Scrap Smart
In response to Linnny

I think I found my cover inspiration & papers! Who knew?!!! I had the perfect paper pack I have have absolutely no recollection of purchasing it! And the worst part, it is one of my most recent purchases! Found it buried with Christmas stuff for my Advent Calendars​. It's my current favorite color combo obsession, pale pink and grey. Think I'm a happy girl!

bonprof
Queen
bonprof

Susie, that happens to me all the time. I find brand new paper and can't remember ordering it. That is not a good sign. LOL

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny
In response to bonprof

I feel better now! I didn't recall ordering the paper pack I ordered a week ago!!!! I recalled drooling over it....and justifying that it might go with someone's colors/themes, so I had to buy it!!!!!

Actually, it looks like it would be perfect for Laura's choices. Hmmmmm......very interesting

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to Linnny

I'm pretty sure I am going to wrap the spine with fabric or vinyl. That way when it opens, there's some give to it.
I think Laura told me she has one with a leather or faux leather spine.

I found a paper pack last night in my scrap-room that I might use.

Scrap Smart
Mayor
Scrap Smart
In response to bonprof

This is the Advent Calendar I am currently working on. I think it would be really cute for a baby or wedding shower with a little re-vamping (minus the Christmas sentiment).

Shabby Chic Advent Calendar By Scrap Smart

Euroalien
Queen
Euroalien

The priority boxes has gone up in price so I will stay away from them I think....

DKravec
Angel
DKravec

Susie, love that calendar. Very pretty. Gorgeous paper also.

I can't believe y'all are already thinking things thru for your album. I haven't given it a thought. I figure one day I'll pull the bag out, sit down at the table and say, Hmmm, now what should I do with this.

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to Euroalien

Susie,
beautiful advent project. Love it!!

Speaking of mail. A lady sent me a pocketletter from Kansas on Wednesday, it arrived the next day!! How can that be?

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to bonprof

Debbie,

I have to be 3 steps ahead of this project. I go back to teaching full time on Aug 8th. And it gets wild from there.
But once we get rolling, I'll be fine.
When I see your covers, I get inspired and will know what to do. I'm so excited!!

Edited by bonprof on 06-16-17 09:19 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

LauralsAttic
Governor
LauralsAttic
In response to bonprof

Wonderful project Susie! Waiting to hit the road. Hubby on his way!!!!!!! Thought I would check in again. I have mine done for the most part. Used a combination of fabric and pps as base. I too started to do something very different but I thought I'm just going with what I had already had in my head! It always falls into place that way. A few more tiny details and mine is ready for Sept. 1st! I'm happy with the way it came out! Can not wait to see what you all do to the inside!!!!! Hugs all!

Euroalien
Queen
Euroalien

Wow Laura already done, speedy Gonzales..... for sure....
Enjoy your weekend!

Martica
Queen
Martica
In response to Euroalien

Ok I invited Elizabeth but no reply yet

Scrap Smart
Mayor
Scrap Smart
In response to Martica

I usually am a last minute "do-er", but I can't do that if we are waiting to Sept to start.

The calendar I posted is my current color obsession. I have a lot more to do on it, but wanted to show you the "bones" of it.

DKravec
Angel
DKravec

Laural, I personally wouldn't mind if you wanted to post your cover so that we can ooh and awe over it.

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to DKravec

Laura, wow!! Good for you!

I will no doubt start this weekend on my cover.

Martica
Queen
Martica

No word from Barbara yet.

Martica
Queen
Martica

By all means Laura feel free to post cover so we can get a feel for what to do in your album.

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to Martica

Martica, Barbara?

Martica
Queen
Martica
In response to bonprof

Barbara ? Lol sorry , Elizabeth my bad.
Well Elizabeth replied she said she really does not have the desire to do mini albums. Any other ideas if worse comes to worse we can leave it with 9 people and the last page we can alter ourselves in our own Album.

Edited by Martica on 06-16-17 06:45 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Lorna Lee
Queen
Lorna Lee
In response to Martica

I counted 10 pages including the covers so we need to make covers that do not adhere to existing per bags but are in addition to them correct?
Did you ask Glenda? Or check back with Norma?

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to Lorna Lee

Martica, we will make it work! No worries.

Lorna, I plan on glueing chipboard to the front and back of the album, and then decorating. Martica said this was the way to go.

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to bonprof

My opinion, I think we have time to find another person.
Let's keep trying.

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny
In response to bonprof

Hey girlies!

Lorna, I called you back after I realized I was having a conversation by myself Hope the evening went peacefully!

The album....we figured out that there are 10 pages that will be decorated by the Robinettes and the front and back covers we each decorate our own album. There is a total of 12 pages. Right???

I have my image for the cover narrowed down to 21!!!! Come on.....I can never make a decision!!! Laura has her's done and I'm still looking for an image!!!!! Geez, how much time do we have to decorate each page when the albums start arriving??

Nightie nite!!

Martica
Queen
Martica
In response to Linnny

Linny 21
Yes we still have time . If any of you have any suggestion on someone to invite let me know. Glenda didn't respond but took herself of pm I sent her. Norma was not sure until it gets closer to Sept so if I can't find anyone I will invite her again.

Martica
Queen
Martica
In response to Martica

I am sitting here in the hair salon as we speak dyeing my roots and highlights and will be getting a blow dry , I hate it when I have to be here 3 hours .

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to Martica

Martica,
You already look beautiful!
I know what you mean.
I need my nails and feet done.
Takes a long time.

pinkalicious
Idol
pinkalicious
In response to bonprof

GOOD MORNING LADIES,
Hope all is going well.

Let's keep the album going so each of us can see each others work.

I can do 2 pages for each person, if you'd like me too, I should have some time when I get back.

I'm like Linny, can't decide what papers or a theme I'd like to have. Having others work inside will only make it that much more sentimental.
Decisions. Decisions.

Have a great day, ladies.

Hugs.

Edited by pinkalicious on 06-17-17 09:17 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

DKravec
Angel
DKravec
In response to pinkalicious

I'm also fine with finishing whatever pages are left if we can't find another person. This should be a fun, no stress album so we'll just deal with it as it comes.

Donna, I need my feet done also but I'm afraid whoever gets stuck working on my feet is going to freak out when they see them. I can't even remember the last time I had a pedi.

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to DKravec

Debbie, don't let that stop you!! Get your feet done. I get a pedicure every 4 weeks or so. I splurge and get the scrub. It's so awesome!

Ok, true confession. Im terrified of starting my book.

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny
In response to bonprof

Donna, me too! I have this visual in my head which I think is a combination of some gorgeous covers I saw on YT. Well, it's one thing to have a visual and another to get in down on the cover.

When I do make my cover I plan on completing it and then adhering to the the first page. Many times you want something tobe adhered from under your page such as a ribbon or lace for a tie, or lace or trim attached from the back of your cover. So, I suggest you do not attach the chipboard to the paper bag album until you are finished with your decorating. hope that makes sense...did to me Oh, that's how I plan on creating the pages for everyone's album too. Just throwing out ideas...

Oh, did I mention that a crown broke off last night I'm still waiting for the bone graft on the other side of my mouth to heal, and now this ! It doesn't look to me that another crown can be adhered as there isn't much of a tooth, if any. It doesn't end. And I have such a fear of going to the dentist!

Edited by Linnny on 06-17-17 10:58 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Scrap Smart
Mayor
Scrap Smart
In response to Linnny

Oh dear! I'm beginning to think Murphy's law is following us around! Time for an upswing! I like what you said about attaching the pages, Linny! However, just chipboard on the cover, not the interior pages ( and maybe that's not what you meant, but wanted to make sure!). I think I've decided on the paper group, but that's about it. Going to see where they "lead me"!

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny
In response to Linnny

Oh, I forgot to mention this idea that came to me last night before I fell asleep. Why do they come then when I'm too sleepy to get up and write it down and have leave it to memory.

I was thinking of a heritage album whereby I include the vintage pics of my family with my album. Note on back whose photo it is and everyone can just pick a photo and include in the design of the page they create.

What you think?

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny

• Scrap Smart Said:
Oh dear! I'm beginning to think Murphy's law is following us around! Time for an upswing! I like what you said about attaching the pages, Linny! However, just chipboard on the cover, not the interior pages ( and maybe that's not what you meant, but wanted to make sure!). I think I've decided on the paper group, but that's about it. Going to see where they "lead me"!

Yep, the inside pages I would work on the cardstock and when completed, then attach to interior pages.

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to Linnny

Ok, Linny, that makes sense about attaching the pages last thing.

Linny, the heritage idea sounds great.

Euroalien
Queen
Euroalien
In response to bonprof

Had so much fun today in my scrap room so I did my cover and back.....

I used cardboard on front and back. Will use heavier paper on the pages I will make and attach them in album when complete.

Martica please change my likes on first page, would like to get whatever everyone like to do to match the rest in album. Looking forward to this.....

Martica
Queen
Martica
In response to Euroalien

Ok yvonne I will. If someone sent likes please let me know . I have forgotten .

pinkalicious
Idol
pinkalicious
In response to Martica

Hi Ladies,
Ok, once again, I'm confused. I was looking at my paper bag album and found only two openings to the inside of the bag. Is that suppose to be that way? The edges are closed with the exception of the 2. Do I, 1. leave them and create a pocket or 2. cut them open with hopes it doesn't tear. One of the opening already has a tear in it. 3. Buy more bags and see to make my
own paper bag album?
I was looking at the one Maggie sent me and all the pages have openings and tags in them.
I played a little in my scraproom today and made 2 pages using Prima's Tales of you and me. I liked the way they turned out. I just might have to go with that paper line.

Any help is appreciated.

Hugs.

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to Martica

Hello everyone,
Hope everyone is well.
I did a lot of housework today and worked on a vintage Pocketletter.

I changed my mind about paper for my book.
Yvonne, happy for you that got some great scrapping time in.

I have a beautiful Frank Garcia frame that will go on my front when it's all done. It's heavy so no sense sending it a long.

Edited by bonprof on 06-18-17 04:49 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

LauralsAttic
Governor
LauralsAttic
In response to bonprof

Have service and thought I would check in! I had an OMG moment today! Was traveling through an off the beaten dirt rd and popped up a very tiny town in the middle of no where. As were passing thru I see this sign saing sale today so I thought why not. Came to a long dirt rd and turned into it. As I'm driving the woods turn into blossoming everything then an old white picket fence with this tiny 85 yr old womam in a long dress, apron and bonnet tending to her roses along the entrance to her oh so tiny lovely yard and house. I hit the jackpot. 50-100+ year old lace, trims,textiles, buttons, etc. as well as old ironstone, bowls..... When I got my pile together(that took up the trunk and back seat) I asked her what the damage was. She said would $10.00 be too much to ask. I hugged her and handed her a $100.00. Had a cup of tea and a story that warmed my heart! Just had to share! Her name was Betsy. By the way I may be rethinking a new cover with all the goodies! Hugs, L

bonprof
Queen
bonprof

Laura,
What a beautiful experience you had. I was there right with you as you told it...

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny
In response to bonprof

Me too. Laura you write in such a way that I could visualize your lovely adventure! And all the goodies! Looks like you scored big time!!!!

Martica, Abbygirl, who is in Donna's tag swap, does beautiful work and she is such a sweet gal. You might consider asking her if she would like to join.

Edited by Linnny on 06-17-17 07:47 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to Linnny

Linny, I was just thinking about Mary. She sent me the most amazing tag!!

I am up...working on my album!! Lol. The light bulb went on and here I am.

Lorna Lee
Queen
Lorna Lee
In response to bonprof

Laura, what a great experience. A double blessing. You probably made that lady's day.

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to Lorna Lee

How many of you live in a rural area? Just curious. My mother and aunt were raised on a farm in Illinois. Population 925! Life is so different. I visited there several times; loved the slower pace and hospitality of the people. Laura, your town is fairly small right?

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to bonprof

Going to Joann's today to find something for my spine.
Im happy with what I did last night.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Euroalien
Queen
Euroalien
In response to bonprof

Laura that is awesome, I'm sure you made Betsy's day too...

I live in a town in Illinois and we are around 40 000, small for me!

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to Euroalien

Yvonne, 40,000 is pretty small. My city is 375, 000.

Happy Father's Day to all the Dads!

DKravec
Angel
DKravec
In response to bonprof

Well, I live in Cincinnati Ohio so we are definitely not small. Personally, I would prefer to move to a small town. I'm pretty tired of the crowds, the traffic and how busy everything is.

Laural, sounds like you found some beautiful items. I can't believe she was going to ask so little for it all.

A dear friend passed away today. It's a sad way to start fathers day.

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny
In response to bonprof

hey, sweets!

I'm waiting on more supplies and according to USPS it's out for delivery since 9:48 am YESTERDAY!!!!! no update!!!! I'm so tired of this post office!

as far as populations, my Borough, Brooklyn, has about 3million with NYC having 9million ! One of the main reasons Bob and I love getting outta town to small, quiet, friendly places. Give us a green hill and a cow, and we're in heaven!!!!

btw, I keep changing my mind on my cover....and now I'm thinking I too need a spine. Well, not me personally...well actually I could use a 'good spine' as mine does not serve me well, but I was referring to the album. I guess it's best I obsess over the album rather than bills, paying $900 for medications, and upcoming tests I need to take.

carry on

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to Linnny

Debbie,
So sorry for your loss. Hugs!

Linny, Ive been to NYC twice. Oh my , so many people!!
I love the culture; wonderful theatre, food, history!!

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to bonprof

Thank you Tag By Linnny
I have the most loving, thoughtful people in my life....xo

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny
In response to bonprof

Just so you know, and before you start cutting up your pretty papers.....first of all, I confess, I'm anal. That being said the 8" x 8" albums are not quite that. In height mine is 8 & 3/8" x 7 &3/4" in width. So, if you want the pages to fit properly, you will need to measure each page.

Also, don't forget to consider where the wholes will be on your album pages.

This has been a public service announcement.

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to Linnny

Linny, ha! I found out about the measurements last night.
Mine is not the same as yours. They are all a little different.

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny
In response to bonprof

Well, guess in this matter, size does matter!!!

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to Linnny

Scrap Smart
Mayor
Scrap Smart
In response to bonprof

My little town is about 750 people. Rural all around me, but about 13 miles away is the state capital, Lincoln, which is the second largest city in the state. My hubby works there, he is a federal government employee. I've only ever lived in the state of Nebraska. Not where I live now, but within about 75 miles. My parents are 84 & 83 and still live on the farm. My mom actually was born within a few miles of where they live. Just talked with my dad a few minutes ago to wish him a Happy Father's day.

Martica
Queen
Martica

Wow Laura you made like a bandit. I wish I had little shops like that here.
Deb I too wish to be living in a small town Miami is way to populated and with rude people....
You know it's been so long that I have shopped for sb stuff that I have no idea what's out there.

Edited by Martica on 06-18-17 12:05 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Martica
Queen
Martica
In response to bonprof

Jo paperbag album is supposed to have two or three pockets because they are paper bags that are folded in galf. But if you want to open more pockets you can

Euroalien
Queen
Euroalien
In response to bonprof

My album has 10 pages inside so that means We all have to make one page inside too (if we are 10).

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to Martica

Wow Susie, that's fascinating. 750 people.
Loved hearing about your mom and dad.

I have questions!!!!

1. Adhesives? I use hot glue gun, tacky glue and tombow.
Will those suffice?

2. "Pockets". Do I create a pocket on the page for tags or...?? Just stick the tags in the open part of the bag?

3. Am I to create one tag per person ?

Thank you

Euroalien
Queen
Euroalien
In response to bonprof

Donna I think we are suppose to do aTag for each album/person.

My album is little off too ~ 8,25 x 7,75

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to Euroalien

Thank you Yvonne!

Scrap Smart
Mayor
Scrap Smart
In response to bonprof

Another good adhesive, especially when adhering the chipboard to the bag is tacky tape (I think that's it's name). It's like double sided tape that you peek off the red protective tape when you are ready to stick both sides together. I am not a big fan of "wet glues". Most generally, I use my ATR.

bonprof
Queen
bonprof

Thank you, Susie.

Don't mean to be the needy problem child,but I have more questions.

Must I put those rings in or can just tie it with ribbons?

Edited by bonprof on 06-18-17 02:38 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Martica
Queen
Martica
In response to bonprof

No you are not a problem child Donna that is why I wanted to open the thread now so that you all can ask all the questions you want. And to your qiestion no you don't have to add rings , you can put ribbon instead, but rings helps the pages thern much more smoother especially when all the pages are completed. You can also use the cinch and add spiral things instead.

Lorna Lee
Queen
Lorna Lee
In response to Martica

Love at the chit chat. I so want to move out in the country. One day I hope that I can. I am tired of the big city life. I live in the suburbs but still.....
Soon I will be moving to another city. Not as big as Houston but not the country life either. Looking for a place in the suburbs where there are dear that roam the yards and streets. Helps to give that country feel.
I won't be able to start my album until at least August. By then I am hoping that I will have a new craft room and have everything unpacked and settled in. I have not really started packing my craft room yet. Wow! I feel overwhelmed just walking in there and looking around. I think that I will have to pack all things in the modular cubes. Ugh! I hope that they hold up well in the move.
Ikay, time for a bath. I have a phone interview tomorrow and I want to be well rested and on top of my game.
Hugs

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to Lorna Lee

Thank you Martica.

Lorna, excited for you and your new scrap room.

Lorna Lee
Queen
Lorna Lee
In response to bonprof

I too wI'll be excited when I know where it will be. Right now it looks like pack and move everything to storage for a bit. Once a job comes then I can get a place. One step at a time. Good thing is that I think that my sister and I are going to move in together and combind our goodies into one fabulous craft room. While she doesn't have as much stuff any more, her craft tables and such match mine and she has lots of sewing stuff to ado to the mix. All in time. Glad that I made a few cards for my stash.

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny
In response to Lorna Lee

Lorna, prayers for a successful interview tomorrow!!!

I know I have a bunch of rings....do I dare venture into 'THAT' closet!!!

Susie, I just placed another Amazon order today and got some of the 'red' double faced tape. They had the 1/2" as an 'add on' i think. I also ordered some more Fabri-Tac. I go through the glue....like crazy.

Donna, your questions make me rethink what I am doing....haven't made an album in awhile....so, your questions are helpful to others too! I was thinking of adding a spine, but with the rings, I don't think it's doable. Unless I'm overthinking it (I do that sometimes ) Wish they made pretty, fancy rings. Like embossed or something.....hmmm, must go look.

OK....My nephew, the dr, who starts his residency July 3rd just moved into an apartment near the hospital. He bought a queen size mattress and frame, small table and 2 chairs. Thought I would have some bedding, towels, etc. sent to him as a welcome to you new apartment , doctor

I love shopping......

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to Linnny

Linny,
Thanks for the great comments.
I guess because Im new to mini books, there is so much to learn.

I put a fabric spine on my book today. It's taffeta. Believe it or not. I didn't plan it that way. Cheapest remnant I could find. I can still use rings and gussy them up with ribbons.

Edited by bonprof on 06-18-17 07:55 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to bonprof

Linny,
I love shopping on the internet.
Im on my iPhone going here, going there. Lol.
Dangerous!!

Martica
Queen
Martica
In response to bonprof

Good morning . Well invited Mary she declined . It's hard to get anyone to join because this is a big commitment not everyone wants to commit . Well there is plenty of time still.

DKravec
Angel
DKravec
In response to bonprof

Morning ladies. All this talk of albums just might put me in the mood to get started on mine. Maybe, we'll see. Got to leave in an hour. Heading over to The Gate of Heaven Cemetery to pick out a niche to put my husbands ashes in. The poor guy has been sitting in my living room for the past year waiting for me to find a place for him. My son is going with me. We have a choice between three area's and I just can't figure it out on the internet so I'm going to have to go there to look at the surroundings. Maybe when I get back and after a slight nap, I'll take a look at my bag and see what it's all about.

Lorna, good luck with your phone interview. Prayers heading your way that it goes well.

I'm with Susie, I tend to use the Tacky Tape that's two sided to hold down the paper to the bag. Now if I end up adding fabric instead, I'll probably use Fabric Tac glue. That glue is amazing with fabric. I may have to pull out a few of my bags and look them over again to see what I did that's still working.

Oh well, need to get dressed. Have a good day ladies.

Page 2 of 32 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics