Page 4 of 32 
Username Post: Closed Round Robin Mini Album Swap        (Topic#1666443)
Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny
In response to bonprof

Deb, just took a peek....that line is really cool in steam punk. I've never done a steam punk....I'm gonna have to get some ideas on pinterest.

I'm still playing with the initial M I made for the baby shower. I keep adding stuff. I just got some butterflies from Renea and thought it needed a butterfly. Then it looked like there was an area that seemed nekkid, so I need to add something there.

Went to the dentist today with crown in hand.

Pay up front....$1200! He's going to do a bridge where I had the extraction and bone graft. And also make a new crown for the one that came out. That's a discount he says. I asked if he accepts AARP....he giggled. First time in 20 years!

I think I slipped off my diet again. I'm having a Go Cup from KFC for dinner!!!! And for lunch I had half a sammi of cream cheese on date nut bread at Chock full of Nuts. I think it's because I feel like it's time to celebrate. Pre-K grad and this weekend we are celebrating a belated Father's Day and it is also Bob and his family's holiday of Eid. Why are happy celebrations and food always going hand in hand!!!!! I'll just have to suffer through it all.

Martica
Queen
Martica
In response to Linnny

$1200 it's highway robbery.....thank God for food parties and get together would be boring.

Well ladies the ones that know me , I have a reputation of making you all think outside the box . Anything you all do I would like it .

STEAMPUNK is a Victorian era with industrial included so metals and gears are a big thing, I like to add flowers and lace to my steampunk also you all can add clocks, keys, and scrap metal . If I think of anything else I will share. You all can go into my gallery and find some of the steampunk stuff I have made to inspire you. Someone in the net said steampunk was a bit like gothic but in the browns color scheme.

Martica
Queen
Martica
In response to Martica

But I will be happy with whatever is steampunk to you.

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to Martica

Linny, you have such a cute way of describing everything; especially when you are upset. $1200 is absurd.

Martica, I LOVE steampunk!! I see it also as the inner strength of women coming forth.

I am waiting for my fabri-tac to arrive from Amazon. We have Prime and never pay shipping. That helps.

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to bonprof

Martica, you have a good heart. Just love your swaps!!

pinkalicious
Idol
pinkalicious
In response to bonprof

Hello Ladies,
I hope we don't begin to mail August 1, I won't even get back until August 17th!

Linny those are some expensive teeth you have there. I will be getting some dental work done in Italy, it's way cheaper than here, for sure! Enjoy your celebrations!

Martica, steampunk, the way you do it is always, "pretty". I like steampunk to and have some baggies ready with things for your page.

Lorna, prayers that you get this job! Sounds promising!

Debbie, going to have a look at that paper.

Susie, hope all is well with the puppies.

bblater, going to the scrapbook store.

pinkalicious
Idol
pinkalicious
In response to pinkalicious

Hi,
back again. Checked out some papers and other things.
I have a paper pad, not sure if it's Tim Holtz, but it's all gears and clocks and other steampunk and vintage papers. I think I'll use some of those for Martica's album. It's dark, yet has some rust, blacks, browns.

It's is nice that those of you who have posted your covers have helped me plan a little more. Getting some baggies made with things I want to use in your albums. It'll help move things along when I get back.

I have made three pages with the paper line, Tales of You and Me. I think I will make myself a mini album with them because the measurements are a little off for the paper bag. I know, I know, I should have measured before cutting, but I have no patience, I get on a roll and there's no stopping.

I will need to order some papers, Portrait of a Lady, for Donna. If you change your mind, please let us know.

Hope everyone is doing well. Off to bed I go. Can you believe it, it's not even 10 PM and I am tired! Remember my 4, 5, 6 AM insomnia? So happy those days are over.

Goodnight, my lovelies.
Hugs and prayers for all!

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny

Hey dearies.....'my' Dean is sleeping over. He has school tomorrow, so they will probably leave while I'm sleeping. So I'm getting all my Dean fix....he's with me in my craft room playing games on his phone.

The price for the bridge is actually very reasonable. It's a bridge consisting of 3 crowns. Online average price is $500 to $1200 per tooth. Plus he is making a new crown for a single tooth. It's just that this amount, added to the crazy prices for meds...well, our plastic is really getting used. When it comes to our health, do we really have a choice???

I'm just glad that he was very pleased with the bone graft the oral surgeon did and said it healed beautifully.

I did tell him I alone put his son through college!!!

I have an idea of what I want to do for steam punk....now to get that idea on paper!!!

Okie dokie, sweet dreams....

Geez, I had to come back to add a link, the reason I came on in the first place!!!
https://www.facebook.com/linda.bloisejut/posts/10211490...

Edited by Linnny on 06-22-17 07:46 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to Linnny

Jo, I am using Portrait of a Lady, but just use anything vintagy-ish that you have. That's the fun, right?? You put your own special spin on my album.

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to bonprof

Linny,
Lol. The Facebook post is hilarious!!!!
Oh my gosh, what a journey this is!!

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to bonprof

Happy Friday to everyone.

I hope everyone is having a great day.

I am now really ready to finish putting my album cover together. So excited!!!

DKravec
Angel
DKravec
In response to bonprof

No worries Jo, September 1st is still holding. I haven't even started or pulled anything out yet. Too much going on right now to deal with it. Hoping things will slow down in August so I can get started. Need to pull my cricut back out and get started on next months birthday signs for the ladies where I work. I'm thinking firecrackers since they're July birthdays, but it depends on what I have on my cartridges.

Gotta work tonight and it's pouring outside. Sure hope it stops by the time I have to leave.

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to DKravec

Yes, Jo, I was just feeling it out. I'm totally cool with Sept 1st. No worries!!!

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny
In response to bonprof

Hey sweets!!!

I'm placing an order on sb and thought I would add a sheet of steam punk....one item in my cart is limited, so I need to place the order.

Debbie, yoooohooooo, can you tell me what you are thinking to order so I don't order the same one. Yooohoooo

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to Linnny

I have been obsessed with steampunk ideas. I have two different paper lines for Marticas book. Elle and Viv and Graphic 45. They are both rich in rusts, browns and burnt oranges.

I could have gone steampunk, but there was an image on Pintrest that I fell so in love with...had to go vintage.

Edited by bonprof on 06-23-17 12:27 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny
In response to bonprof

I finally decided on an image for my cover, but can't get it to fit in the Frank Garcia frame. It's oval and the pic is squarish. Can't figure out how to get this to work.

I decided to not order the paper I was looking at...I think I have some papers that will work for steam punk.

ok.....been doing a lot of this and that today, still have to make a baby shower card...

DKravec
Angel
DKravec
In response to Linnny

Hey Linnny, My cart is holding the FabScraps line and also a sheet of Elle and Viv. I'm thinking of trying to mix the two together but it depends what I think once I get the paper and see how they look next to each other. Plus I could totally change my mind once I see Martica's album.

Had to work tonight. It was so quiet that I almost forgot to leave. I was so hung up on the computer that I lost track of time. I almost forgot to grab the July birthday list so I can get busy with the signs. Had to unlock the door and go back in. I need to make 23 this month. Oooy,

Euroalien
Queen
Euroalien
In response to DKravec

Wish you all a happy weekend.... any covers being made?

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to Euroalien

Yvonne, same to you.
Slowly working on mine.
Hope everyone is doing well.

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny
In response to bonprof

Yay!!!! I got the image to resize and fit the frame!!!!! OK....wish I could play, but need to get some cooking done; hair colored; and house straightened. Oy

Happy the rain storm came early....rain has left and is taking the humidity with it. Supposed to be a most lovely weekend! Yay!!!!!

I haven't seen Laura posting....Laura, thinkin of you, hope all is good in your neck of the woods!!!

Be blessed dear friends!!!!

Lorna Lee
Queen
Lorna Lee
In response to Linnny

Just a quick hello
I have a lot to get done.
Have a blessed day

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to Lorna Lee

Linny, sometimes Laura's internet is not too great. Frustrating!!

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny
In response to bonprof

Thanks Donna for letting me know about Laura's internet....just so she's OK!!

And wasn't the "joint" giggle so fitting. It appears a lot of my "friends" related as it was shared all over the place!!!!

Hey sweet Lorna, good to see you my friend!!

I spent the day in the kitchen. I roast red and green peppers and onions; made zucchini boats; sauted spinach with tons of garlic; then the difficult stuff....sugar free jello and sugar free key lime moouse, no mouuse, no muoose,...hey I can't spell it!!!! Hard boiled some eggs for dh's breakfast. and sliced up some strawberries. The rest of the menu will be done tomorrow. Oh, dh ordered a tray of eggplant parmigana...ah, this and a loaf of bread, and I'm in Italian heaven!!!!!

Bob will pick Dean up tonight and his mom will come here when she is finished at work. Mehv must be doing a fantastic job at Macys. She was asked to interview for a position that will pay $5000-7000 a year more and she's been there less than a year. She interned at Diane Von Furstenberg's studio and apparently learned quite a bit! So happy for her.

I'm just relaxing a bit and waiting for the pain meds to kick in a bit; then it's off to color my hair.

Oh, and I did print a final copy of the image I chose to use. I like printing images on linen paper, it gives it a kind of canvas look. Now I want to play with my cover and I don't have the time!!!!! At least it's coming together (in my mind).

So happy to have you gals in my life. Where else would people put up with my babbling!!!!

Edited by Linnny on 06-24-17 12:46 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

LauralsAttic
Governor
LauralsAttic
In response to Linnny

Babble on we don't mind! But Oh man Linny I'm there for dinner too! Set an extra plate! YUM!!!!!!!!! I ate a bologna sandwich and chips. Yuk!! I just got home from a long day of helping DD with a yard sale! You could bounce a quarter off my legs and arms and it would shoot to the moon! Pooped! Yes Linny we can not get unlimited internet out here in the woods so my month runs from the 24th to the 24th. We increased the time allotment but it gets ate up too. Weather and usage plays a huge factor! DGS loves to you tube mine craft and we all love our internet, me here, DH loves surfing sporting goods stores for shopping, and DD loves her face book and twitter, but the last week and sometimes earlier it runs out so I can get on most of the time but can't see images!
Lorna how did the interview go? Hugs to all! Going to jump in tub for a long soak!

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to LauralsAttic

Linny,
Your food sounds so great!!
I am so thankful for you and all the wonderful friends here on sb.com.

My fabri-glue came!!
By tomorrow afternoon, I will post my cover.

Lorna Lee
Queen
Lorna Lee
In response to bonprof

Well... my sister and I got most of the kithen packed and got a good start on the craft room. I am so darn tired. I started crying as we were taking things down 5o pack up her car. Trying to use her car for things that won't move well in the truck. We were trying to get some of my hang up clothes down stairs and they kept falling off hangers and I just lost it. My sister took a nap today. I kept going the whole time and just feeling exhausted. Getting up early for my usual Sunday journey. My sister is getting on my nerves because I am just stressed with this move. I can't believe that I am going to stay with her in that tiny place of hers. I love her but I get stressed out and I know that cable is going to be a must because she has only one TV in her bedroom and uses an antenna. Nothing on that was made after 1974. Ugh! I need a job and a place so I can get unpacked. Okay, I am babbling. It's been a long day.
Good night ladies.

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to Lorna Lee

Lorna, moving is so, so stressful.
Praying for you dear lady.
Get some rest. xoxoxo

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny
In response to bonprof

Hey dearies!
Laura, good to see you! I was missing you! Didn't realize you had problems with internet. It would drive me nutzo!!!

As I'm typing Dean is laying on the bed in the craft room playing a game on his phone. He took a late nap and woke up around 9 pm!!!! I have a feeling he's gonna be up playing with his phone in bed with his mom while she sleeps. Poor thing worked from 1 pm to 11 pm...most of it on her feet. They 1.5 hour commute to my home. Tomorrow she works 9 am to I forget....she'll be back before evveryone goes home.

Well, my sleeping pill is starting to work. So before I say something embarrassing, or give away any secrets, I'll say, "good night"

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to Linnny

Good morning!!

Your little Dean sounds so cute! Glad you can spend time with him.
My grandson is 9. He plays on his tablet too much. My daughter is reading books with him more which is great.
He also loves Legos.

I have butterflies in my tummy as I prepare to assemble the cover of my album...

DKravec
Angel
DKravec
In response to bonprof

Good Morning ladies. Just taking it easy right now. Definitely need to get into my craft space today to start working on my birthday signs for work. But not to worry, the album is still in the thinking process and won't be forgotten. You say it's in the holding pattern.

My sister killed me yesterday. We hit two garage sales, two used book stores and did lunch and today my knee is no longer working. There will be no major walking on it today. It hurts like the dickens. And where in the world did that saying come from. What the heck is a dickens.

Lorna, hang in there hun. It'll get better. It has too. Hopefully you'll find something soon so that you can have your own place. It's not easy living with others. We've all become too set in our old age.

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to DKravec

Good morning, it's almost noon. Ran some errands. Picked up a couple little things at Michael's for my cover.
I can send along extra postage for everyone. I think it might be a little heavy. But Im having fun!!!!!

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to bonprof

Hello Beautiful!! By Bonprof

DKravec
Angel
DKravec
In response to bonprof

Oh my Frickin' Lord, that is Gorgeous Donna. Heading over to your gallery now to get up close and personal with it.

Spent the past four hours making 23 birthday signs and I'm still not done. And I used way too much paper on these. Going to have to go back to simple signs again. This could get too costly.

LauralsAttic
Governor
LauralsAttic
In response to DKravec

Donna I sure don't know what you were having fear about! This is GORGEOUS! I already saw it up close and personal but looking forward to holding it even if it will be just a lil while! Your personality shines here!

Martica
Queen
Martica

Has anyone missed me? I feel like I have not been here for a week. How is every one this weekend ?
Went to the new science museum yesterday had a great time with hubby. Then when to friend's house. Today I stayed home with the idea to start my cover. But when I went to print the image I am going to use for my RR Mini I ran out of ink so another week without doing my cover.

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to Martica

Laura, I didn't have fear about my design; just working with new adhesives and the paper bag album itself is all new.

Thank you for your wonderful comments!!

Yes! Martica I missed you.

Scrap Smart
Mayor
Scrap Smart
In response to bonprof

Oh wow, Donna! Great job! Left you some lovin'!

Busy weekend for me and my body is hurting! Why does everything have to hurt? Got a lot of work done though. Getting ready for company and my two DILs are clean freaks and I am the opposite of that. Does that make me a slob? Guess it does!

Saw your FB posts of your weekend, Martica--you & that handsome hubby of yours!

Hope everyone else is doing well!

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to Scrap Smart

Thank you everyone for the love!! Debbie, I got the broach at Michael's in the jewelry department. I freaked out when I saw it and had to have it!!

I also enjoyed your Facebook photos Martica. What a lovely day you had.

Hope everyone is doing well. Only one more week of summer school. Yippee!

Edited by bonprof on 06-25-17 06:47 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

DKravec
Angel
DKravec
In response to bonprof

Looks like I need to head on over to Facebook and check out the photo's.

It only took me all day but I finally finished this months Birthday posters for work. Yes all 23 of them. I used WAY too much paper on this design and will have to go back to the simpler version again. I posted one of them on facebook.

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny
In response to DKravec

Donna!!!! Your cover is gorgeous!!!! The image you chose is so perfect with your design! And so lovin the brooch you added. Left you som lovin in your gallery. And like I said there, I look forward to creating a page for you!!!

We had such a fun day celebrating Eid and a belated Father's Day. Plenty of food, toys and games, and good conversations. My son Chris just got a new 2017 Nissan in a beautiful metallic blue...so it was celebrated too!!!

I mentioned that the two storage hassocks I bought were purchased with the intention of putting old photo albums into them so we can look at them at our leisure; and that I wanted to fill the wall behind the sofa with all vintage photos of my family. Next thing I new Chris's gf and Chris started moving out all my crafting stuff in the front of the walk in closet; then they pulled out my boys' old toy box that housed many of the photo albums. Well, the craft room looked like a tornado blew through it! But it was good because I found the box of fabric that I thought was somewhere; a bag is tapestry, a bag with lace.....They wanted to put stuff back and I said no, it's time I reorganized and purged too. So, the toy box, that looks like a small version of a cedar chest, is now at the entrance to the kitchen; bags of 'stuff' I just had to buy to alter are scattered everywhere.....Oh my, do some of your recall the swap we made of altered gift bags....well I found some bags, dying to be altered!!! Oh and bubble wrap....that stuff is taking up too much room!!!! Oh how I miss my own home..... There just is never enough room!

So that's my story, and I'm stickin to it. Chris called to say they arrived home....took them 2.5 hours!!!! Dean is fast asleep with his mom in the living room; my honey is fast asleep in the master. And, here I sit, almost ready to hit the hay.

Have a fabulous week!!!

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to Linnny

Good Morning,

Linny, thank you so much.
Sounds like you had a great little celebration.
Wonderful.
This is my last week of summer school. Really looking forward to 5 weeks of down time and MORE scrapping time. LOL.

I was wondering if those of you who pray would please pray for my daughter Michelle? She is going through a terrible time right now. I am really worried.
I really appreciate your thoughts and prayers.

Everyone have a great day. I will be back later during our break.
Lorna, have you heard anything about the job....?

Euroalien
Queen
Euroalien
In response to bonprof

Donna your album cover is a beauty! So looking forward to get my hands on them and see each and every one and hope I can make them justice with my creation....

Donna will be thinking about Michelle and hope things will be better for her soon.

We had a beautiful weekend and really enjoyed the nice temps for a change....

DKravec
Angel
DKravec
In response to Euroalien

Donna, I'm so sorry Michelle is going thru a rough time. Lorna is the better prayer but I'll do my best to throw a few prayers Gods way. Also, Lorna did not get the job she worked so hard on. God and I had a little talk about that and he says there is something much better out there for her.

I heard recently that Kroger's lay'd off a ton of older people recently. Just go to show there is no loyalty in corporate any more. They don't want to pay those higher insurance premiums for us nor do they want to pay people what they're worth so it's out with the old and in with the new and cheaper version. So sad.

It's a beautiful day here today. I just don't know what I want to do with it.

Scrap Smart
Mayor
Scrap Smart
In response to DKravec

Prayers for your daughter!

Prayers for Lorna for strength and encouragement as she finds gainful employment and new living arrangements in her new city!

Beautiful day here as well! Allergy meds are not working so must be time to switch them up. My day is going to be spent cleaning and organizing,but the highlight will be getting my hair cut! Was thinking of going/doing something drastic with it, but just not sure I have the courage or the ability required for the maintenance of said drastic measure. (I am kind of a wash and go kinda girl!)

Scrap Smart
Mayor
Scrap Smart

And truth be told, I'm kinda lazy!

bonprof
Queen
bonprof

Thank you dear friends for the prayers...

Oh darn Lorna. But Debbie is right! Something better is headed your way.

Martica
Queen
Martica
In response to bonprof

Donna Michelle will be in my prayers my friend.

LauralsAttic
Governor
LauralsAttic
In response to Martica

Sending hugs and prayers Donna!
Lorna, bigger and better things await you! It may be in the most unexpected way but I believe that you will get there!
All the covers are simply Gorgeous! So far have stash for those that I have seen! Yeah! Looking forward to seeing the rest of yours! Hope everyone is having a good Day!

bonprof
Queen
bonprof

Thank you dear sweet friends!! Really appreciate it.

Laura, thinking about your page.. do you hope we tie in that delicious mint green color throughout the book??

Lots of love to all of you.

Edited by bonprof on 06-26-17 07:09 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny
In response to bonprof

Hello dearies!

Donna, prayers for Michelle. It's so painful to see our children in distress because as the parent, we want to 'fix' it and it sux when we can't. So, I'll be praying for you too, dear friend.

Lorna, sometimes His plans can really make us nutzo...but it will come.

my PCP calls to tell me the ct scan of my lungs shows the nodules are still there...I didn't get a chance to ask him if there was a change as he went on to tell me the ct scan also showed an aneurysm in my aorta and he wants me to see a vascular dr. Also said my nodules on my thyroid need to have a sonogram as they appear to have gotten bigger. And so it goes......

Nightie nite sweet friends

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to Linnny

Thank you Linny and everyone for the prayers.
I really appreciate it. xo

Linny, how fun to find a box of yummy goodness.

I just bought a huge box of stuff from Glenda. She swears up and down she is done with paper-crafting.

This hobby is my THERAPY. I kid you not!!

DKravec
Angel
DKravec
In response to bonprof

Linnny, please make that appointment with the vascular doc right away. My friend that just passed on Fathers Day died because of an aneurysm in her lungs. When those things burst, it's instant death. I had two other friends that also died that way. One in her forties and the other in her 30's. Please, please, please do not wait on this one.

Gotta take Moe, my sons dog to the vet today for his yearly shots. Every time I have to stop at the vets to pick up pills or something, I always bring him with me so he's gotten use to the place. At first it's like they smell the place and try to turn around but after a couple of times of nothing happening but saying hello to people, he just walks right in now. Poor thing doesn't realize that this time he'll be going thru those next set of doors.

LauralsAttic
Governor
LauralsAttic
In response to bonprof

• bonprof Said:
Thank you dear sweet friends!! Really appreciate it.

Laura, thinking about your page.. do you hope we tie in that delicious mint green color throughout the book??

Lots of love to all of you.

Yes Donna I am hoping that you all tie in all the colors, feel etc. into my book! She is a gypsy dreamer and I love soft muted colors, tattered, textiles here and there, beautiful trims and pps. Quotes or poems that lift your spirit and nature/natural things that go with the theme of the meadow but NOT COUNTRY! Like you said Soft and Ethereal feeling! Don't want it to look like a country craft at all! Hope that helps!

bonprof
Queen
bonprof

Ok, I totally understand what you are saying!!
When I see your cover I think of Stevie Nicks, but on a lighter, breezier note.

DKravec
Angel
DKravec
In response to bonprof

I love your color choice Laura. It makes me think of an ocean breeze. Going to check my stash and hope I have the colors but if not, it'll give me an excuse to go shopping.

DKravec
Angel
DKravec
In response to DKravec

Donna, I noticed that you are planning more tag swaps. When you have the Christmas swap, I would love to join. If possible, can you remind me?

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to DKravec

Debbie!!!! Yes, everyone is welcome.
I'm thinking of posting the swap Nov 1st, posting partners Nov 15, and asking tags to be mailed by Dec 5th so everyone can really enjoy them. I plan on putting mine on the tree!!
I will remind and invite everyone.

BUT WAIT there's more! Before the Christmas swap we will have an autumn/Halloween tag swap.
September 15th I will post.
I'm just a busy little bee.

Edited by bonprof on 06-27-17 10:35 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Martica
Queen
Martica
In response to bonprof

Linny did you make an appt yet?

DKravec
Angel
DKravec
In response to Martica

Donna, I too was planning on putting the tag on my tree. I probably won't join the Fall tag swap not because I don't love those colors but mainly because I have nowhere to put scrappy stuff anymore. I live in a very small place and most of my stuff is still packed in boxes so I have nowhere to put anything any more. But Christmas is totally different.

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to DKravec

Debbie, I totally get it. 3 years ago, I was scrapping on the floor, the bathroom counter.. in my apartment, I did what I could. It was hard to store things.

pinkalicious
Idol
pinkalicious
In response to bonprof

Hello Ladies,
Lots to catch up on.
Donna, prayers for Michelle.
Also, LOVE your album cover!
Linny, make that appt. soon and get checked, PLEASE!
Lorna, I am so sorry for what you are going through. Prayers heading your way!
Yvonne, got the same weather and it has been beautiful here.
Martica, saw the pixs on fb, looks like you and hubby had a fun day!
Susie, didn't find my pink Christmas papers, but did find something for your albums page!
Laura, hope all is well and that you got some "me" time! Relax!

So, I cleaned the scraproom and not going to think about this swap until I get back. It really helps that the covers are posted, have some baggies ready to go when I get back.
I am leaving July 4. I will be really busy working and trying to get the business closed for the time I'm gone. Bills are organized and ready to be paid. Clothes all washed, pressed and put away. The suitcases are packed and only one more to go which makes 7 suitcases! I am really looking forward to this vacation with hopes that I stay healthy and all goes well.
Be back later, still working.

pinkalicious
Idol
pinkalicious

Debbie,
Sounds like you had a fun day with your sister. Tell both of them I said, "Hello", please.
23 cards in one day is a lot of scrapping! just saying.
Hugs.

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny

Thanks for the concern....haven't made an appt. yet. The pcp was not in today; need to call him back tomorrow to find out which vascular dr he recommends. When he called to give me the results I was half asleep. When we hung up I tried calling back to ask the million questions I had, but the 'office was closed'. I don't even know where the aorta is that has the aneurysm. If it is in the stomach, it might account for the pain I get that pain mgmnt assumes it's from my back. Whatever.... spent the day purging stuff from the walk in closet. Wish the walkin's didn't have pitched roofs as my body doesn't pitch!

Back to the dentist tomorrow. What a friggin social calendar I have. Tomorrow he prepares the teeth for the bridge....said it will take about an hour. Long time to keep my mouth opened and not be able to say a word!

Had an afternoon tea with my sister Rose via telephone....her dh was home, went out shopping, came back and we were still on the phone. I don't drive; she drives but can't make it up my stairs, so we visit on the phone. She has a lot of health issues and on top of it all, is in a great deal of pain. They are going to try and implant something in her back that works on the nerves. But she is on blood thinners, so it becomes a big problem....

Remember when the biggest problem we had was a zit on a Friday night.....oh to bring back the Clearasil days!!

Good night sweets!

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to Linnny

Oh Linny! I do love you!! I hope you are able to make the appointment soon. You're right; life was really so simple back then and yet we thought it all the end all. So much drama. I would NOT go back and be 20 again- really!

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to bonprof

Jo, Im embarrassed. I don't remember where you are going. Help. Im excited, though. Enjoy, enjoy.
Thank you for the great comments on my cover.
Appreciate the prayers.

Martica
Queen
Martica
In response to bonprof

Don't feel bad Donna I too don't remember where she is going. I figure with all that luggage are you going to Italy Jo? To see family? Well either way have fun my friend.
Linny you are so funny love reading your post always makes me laugh.
Any heard from Bren ? Bren if you want to join the Rr you are welcomed. Well got to go to work have a great day everyone.

DKravec
Angel
DKravec
In response to Martica

Morning ladies. No big plans for the day. I love those days when I can just play it by ear. And where did that saying come from. Play it by ear. It makes no sense to me.

I'm pretty sure Jo is going to Italy. Enjoy your trip Jo.

LauralsAttic
Governor
LauralsAttic
In response to DKravec

Good morning all! Going to take family to Six Flags today! Not looking forward to it because it is suppose to be hot and humid but I will stick to the shows and water rides! Have a good one! BTW who is Bren?

bonprof
Queen
bonprof

Wow, haven't heard anything from Bren in a long time.
Laura, she is another wonderful, talented lady like the rest of us.

Have fun at Six Flag's!! Do you go on all those crazy rides?

Euroalien
Queen
Euroalien
In response to bonprof

Jci, busy day for me today... bbl

pinkalicious
Idol
pinkalicious
In response to Euroalien

Hello Dearies,
I, cleaned my scraproom, then tore it apart again! I made some pages using my paper bag to cut the size. I made Laura's pages,
Love them! I made Yvonne's pages, Love them! Made Martica's pages, Love them, too! I am working on Donna's and Susie's.
I just realized that I have pizza orders and a wedding to cater when I get back. Then, while sleeping, I had a vision of how I wanted to create Laura's page. Woke up and headed straight to the scrap room and voila! Some are done!

Yes, I am leaving for Italy from July 4- August 17. Mainly to try to rest and recuperate from this PE. It is a slow recovery but I am doing well.

So, if any of you have measurements you'd like to send me, I can get it right. Heck, even with the measurements, I had to cut several times! It's been a while since I've scrapped, what can I say.

Hope everyone is doing well. Prayers for all in need.

Hugs to everyone!

Be back later!

bonprof
Queen
bonprof

Jo, Im a bit confused.
I thought we were making one page for each person, and doing the back cover for ourselves if we don't have the 10th person?

LauralsAttic
Governor
LauralsAttic
In response to bonprof

• bonprof Said:
Wow, haven't heard anything from Bren in a long time.
Laura, she is another wonderful, talented lady like the rest of us.

Have fun at Six Flag's!! Do you go on all those crazy rides?

I ride a lot of them! Today I rode anything that would give me air and water!!!!!! LOL it was HOT!

So I'm like Donna, I thought we made them when we get their book! Need some clarification Marticia!

Edited by LauralsAttic on 06-28-17 01:25 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

pinkalicious
Idol
pinkalicious

LOL, Ladies,
I know, and you're right, and that's what I did. I looked at YOUR covers and thought I would match what I had in scrapping supplies, to do the ONE page and tag for YOUR journals.
So, basically, I have Laura, Yvonne, Susie, and I think Martica's. I haven't seen Martica's cover, but, I think I know her colors and steampunk style, so I went ahead and made a page for her. I just have to do yours, Donna, and that's all I can do for right now. If they don't work out, I still have time to do another. You know, measurements and all. Don't stress, because I just have to stay ahead of the game and mainly because, I'M STRESSING! I put something in my head and then I have to do it. No worries though, LOL

Edited by pinkalicious on 06-28-17 02:15 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

bonprof
Queen
bonprof

Jo, I understand now.
But PLEASE leave a 3 x 5 space for a photo ok?

You get home 8/17th? Rest a couple of days, and then you'll have time to get caught up.

Scrap Smart
Mayor
Scrap Smart
In response to bonprof

Hey, JoLena! Is your whole family going to Italy? Isn't it hard to just shut down the pizzaria while you're gone?

Not sure it will work to send you the page measurements, because every page is slightly different and won't know which page will be yours until it gets to you. Maybe I'm confused too!

bonprof
Queen
bonprof

Susie, you're right, the bag pages are all slightly different.

2 days left of summer school, then 5 weeks off.

DKravec
Angel
DKravec
In response to bonprof

Morning ladies, beautiful day here today. Need to get a shower and try to figure out what I want to do with my day. Even tho my house needs to be cleaned, laundry needs to be done, scrapping needs scrapping and weeds need to be picked, I don't actually want to do any of those things. I'm going thru a lazy spree that I really need to get over.

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to DKravec

Hi everyone,
Debbie, I get in those moods, lol. i just got caught up with all the laundry and housework, and then it has to be done all over again!! What's up with that!!??

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to bonprof

Some of you know our dear, talented Glenda?
She is going through a big de-stashing. And I am buying a bunch of her stuff. I am one happy camper. Beautiful flowers, shabby chic embellies, vintage tags and die cuts., lace, trim...

Edited by bonprof on 06-29-17 09:48 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Euroalien
Queen
Euroalien
In response to bonprof

Stormy night last night and we got almost 2" of rain, more in the way....

One more day to work and after that we are off for four days - yeah!!!!
Hubby on the way to Canada so I can do whatever I want or nothing at all..... was going to Dominican Republic but had to cancel because of work next week, oh well another time!

Jo you are fast with the pages.....

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to Euroalien

Yvonne, enjoy!!

LauralsAttic
Governor
LauralsAttic
In response to bonprof

• bonprof Said:
Some of you know our dear, talented Glenda?
She is going through a big de-stashing. And I am buying a bunch of her stuff. I am one happy camper. Beautiful flowers, shabby chic embellies, vintage tags and die cuts., lace, trim...

Well aren't you the lucky Duck!!!!!!!!!!! I would love to be in your shoes right now!!!!!!!!
Yvonne be safe and have fun!!!!!!!!!
Linny have you got back to dr. yet?
Deb I'm having a Lazy Day too!

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny

Hey sweets!

The pcp did call me back last night around 8 pm! I'm not very good at waiting on a phone call!!!!

He didn't say, and I didn't think to ask the size of the aneurysm. My nephew is a resident surgeon and was telling me tonight at what size surgery is needed and how it can also be handled with medications.

Anyhoo, I have an appointment on Wednesday with a vascular surgeon. I need to bring a cd of the ct scan and they will perform a sonogram. And, we'll take it from there. I did my worrying; did my crying as I thought the worst and was waiting on it to burst last night. I am relaxed tonight and turning it over to Him. It's all we can ever do.

I can't wait to get this craft room back to some kind of normal so I can get to my cover. I can visualize it, I think, kinda, maybe, sorta.

Oh, and I went looking through my new trim and have a very pretty soft pastel green. Hmmmm, wonder what I can do with it!!!!!!

BTW, Laura, what is the color of the background paper of your cover. I think it's bluish, but not sure. Inquiring minds want to know.

DKravec
Angel
DKravec
In response to Linnny

The only thing I managed to get done today was to run to the pharmacy to pick up med's, watch TV, and take a nap. I have really got to get my act together. I am in a rut and going downhill quick. It's probably a good thing I have to go to work this weekend or I'd probably idle my weekend away.

LauralsAttic
Governor
LauralsAttic
In response to Linnny

Linny my bg is a bluish worn tan, close to lace color but love any small pattern or solids that are muted or worn that will match front, I have yellows, teals, greens, tans, creams, pinks, etc. so you have a wide variety of colors to choose from.

bonprof
Queen
bonprof

I just vacuumed the scraproom and I feel so much better. The carpeting is very thick and that is not really a good thing. LOL. I walk around half the time with a bling on my foot, and heaven knows what else. I finished a few swaps this week and went to the post office. I guess I have become a swap junkie!!

Hope everyone is doing well. Linny, glad you were able to get organized. You are in my prayers.

Miss you Martica! How are you??

Edited by bonprof on 06-29-17 07:23 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

DKravec
Angel
DKravec
In response to bonprof

Ahhh, I remember those years when I was a swap junkie. It's bad when the ladies at the Post Office not only know your name but cringe when you come in with boxes and boxes of stuff. Once I even had to open a box to show them what I made. They were curious.

Heading out to the grocery store. I really hate grocery shopping. One of these days I'm going to take advantage of the online shopping and then just pick it up at the curb.

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to DKravec

Debbie, lol

I know everyone at my post office!!
They smile when I come in. Hee hee.

Last day of summer school...so happy!!

Scrap Smart
Mayor
Scrap Smart
In response to bonprof

As this would be no surprise to Yvonne, Lorna and Bren, I'm on a first name basis with my postal employees and I've even sold stuff to them!

bonprof
Queen
bonprof

I've asked myself "what is so addicting about swaps". I think for me it's making the real connection with talented crafters;
after meeting them online, the art makes it real.

LauralsAttic
Governor
LauralsAttic
In response to bonprof

So so true Donna! Susie I have had them ask to open and see but I say no. I did however have an extra Velveteen deer x-mas card in my purse for them to see and yes First names here too! LOL we are too much!

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny

Donna, I feel the same way about swaps and actually holding the treasure that was made. You had to see me when I met a bunch of these ladies. When I spotted Bren and Lorna waiting for me at the airport, I started bawling!!! That was my first and only retreat and it was amazing to be able to hug the gals who I've known for years!!!!

(PS...I just got back from getting a cd of the ct scan, and their was a package of beautiful trim waiting for me by the mailbox. Happy Dance, Happy Dance!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Euroalien
Queen
Euroalien
In response to Linnny

TGIF!
Will enjoy my 4 days off..... hmmm what to do.... shopping movies and whatever.... yeah sounds good to me!!!

Have a great weekend!

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to Euroalien

Linny,
Lovely hearing about your retreat. I had a similar experience when 7 of us Rockin Scrappin Grans met in Las Vegas 3 years ago. We rented out a large suite at the Mirage, and cropped for 3 days! Amazing.

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to bonprof

Yvonne, enjoy!!!
I am officially done with summer school; time to rest and play.

Martica
Queen
Martica
In response to bonprof

Hi ladies . No I have not started my cover yet . I was going to last weekend and ran out of ink. I ordered some but I am not sure it's the right one.

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to Martica

Martica, if you have a Walgreens nearby, you can order your images right from your phone. Just take a screenshot of your image. Download the free Walgreens app. They'll print your pictures in 15 minutes.

Lorna Lee
Queen
Lorna Lee
In response to bonprof

I have 2 big rolling bags full of scrap goodies loaded in the car so that I can get started if the mood strikes. My paper bag album in there too

Nite nite.

pinkalicious
Idol
pinkalicious
In response to Lorna Lee

Hi Girls,
One question. Can I post the pages I made or not? If I can, can someone remind me how to post them? It's been so long, I kind of forgot how to post pictures. Ok, two questions.

Once again I cleaned my scrap room and that's how it will stay for a while.

Hope everyone is doing well. Be back later.

First name basis here, too, at the P.O.

Page 4 of 32 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics