Username Post: Grungeboard        (Topic#1666471)
shygypsy
Resident
shygypsy

Does anyone still use it? I just found a big stash of grungeboard that I had bought a long time ago. It was like Christmas to me! I had stocked up on it when a major scrapbooking store went out of business where I live. I didn't realize that I had quite a large variety of it until now. Looking forward to using it again!

don1
don1 
Expert
don1
  • don1 on 06-15-17 11:15 AM
In response to shygypsy

If you figure something out, let me know. I too have a drawer full I picked up at Tuesday Morning ... talk about a money pit. The sad thing is, I know where all 5 of them are in a 15 mile radius of my home.

shygypsy
Resident
shygypsy
In response to don1

You live within 15 miles of 5 Tuesday Mornings? I would totally love that!!

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to shygypsy

I would be completely broke if I had five TMs within 15 miles.

shygypsy
Resident
shygypsy
In response to aquabunny

Aquabunny....me too!!! At the same time, it would be fun because they don't always get the same craft supplies. About a year or so ago, they had G45 Good ol' Sport. I had to go to both of them to get enough for a project that I am going to try to do. Some of the stamps for that series were found at TM a few weeks later. I might have found the whole series if there would have been 5 TMs around me...lol

G45, TH and 7G are my top favorites. I am hoping that TM will get some of the St Nicholas series from G45 at some point. Last winter, the only place that sold it here...hardly ever has a coupon. I was only able to get a small amount because it was so expensive. It is hard to pay regular price when I am used to paying TM prices...lol!!

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to shygypsy

Last week I got a $20 Martha Stewart border punch for $3, it was great. A few months ago I found some old Sizzix dies for about $4. I mean the good thick ones. My Tuesday Morning is devastatingly good.

Edited by aquabunny on 06-16-17 03:41 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

shygypsy
Resident
shygypsy
In response to aquabunny

Aquabunny - Have you been there this week? I haven't yet, been busy working on my room. They are probably wondering where I am...lol!!!! I love Martha Stewart punches. I did get a holiday one a few weeks ago (I think). I found her glue gun there at a great price. I also saw that some of her glue sticks were 49 cents.

It is also my "go to" place for older Sizzix Dies. I have found that I have multiple duplicates on some of the TH dies since I have been organizing my craft room.

shygypsy
Resident
shygypsy
In response to don1

If I remember correctly, TH did a video where he made the hinge looking grungeboard...into something very old and metallic looking. I was thinking about do something like that for my daughter's book on all her robotic competitions. This past year..the theme was Steampunk. I think the "old metallic look" would look great...without adding too much weight. I also have the gears die...so I can cut out a bunch of the grungeboard with it. Will check youtube for videos when I get my room where it is almost completely organized (which should be in a day or two...I hope!!!). Also with the new Pirates of the Caribbean movie out, there are many options to use the lock/key/hinge/skull grungeboard. It would make wonderful theme decorations.

I also want to take some of the hearts grungeboard and criss-cross some wire, string or something similar (in a corset fashion) and make a project with it. Add a little bit of glitter with the tattered angel sprays...maybe add bling. Who knows what I will do but the ideas in my mind look fabulous (to me anyways..lol).

I know a lot of the supplies that I will be using are "out of style" or no longer "trendy"...but that is ok. I didn't have the opportunity to use these things to their full potential before now. I love them when I bought them..and still do!

shygypsy
Resident
shygypsy
In response to don1

Don1 - I just looked at your profile and saw that you lived in Washington. I googled how many TMs are in the Seattle area and I was like omg! I love visiting Seattle. Not once did I think of checking out if they had a TM. I will on my next trip. lol

I also go to Vegas and never looked for TM there either! What was I thinking?? We are always there for almost a week or so... plenty of time to check out the TMs.

Edited by shygypsy on 06-16-17 02:49 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to shygypsy

I haven't been this week - I usually go just a couple times a year, but my mom will be in town next week and we always go to TM together. There's one about 20 miles away in the town we just moved from, and another about 10 miles away in the opposite direction. Both are great; one even has really good organization in the scrap area.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to aquabunny

I am seriously jealous of y'all and your TM's!!! I have one and it's "eh."

On the grungeboard, I did the very same thing this last week. I was looking for one thing, and uncovered my long-forgotten grungeboard stash! I'm a happy girl.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics