Username Post: I wish someone would ...        (Topic#1666473)
dwelch
dwelch 
Diva
dwelch

Might be kind of fun to start a topic on what we wish our scrap manufacturers would invent. (And maybe someone could even help us find those items.)

I wish there was a regular 2-drawer metal file cabinet with pull-out drawers made for 12x12 paper.

I wish someone would invent a "POW" punch. You know, the jagged oval where you always see the word "POW" on those superhero cartoons. I finally found a die, but I want a punch.

What do you wish for?

Edited by dwelch on 06-16-17 05:59 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to dwelch

More Piggy Stuff!
An entire line of Piggy PPs and embellishments would be awesome!!

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to Doreena

I want three-ring albums meant for shorter projects. I have some 20-page albums from short vacations, and I put them in post-bound albums, but a narrow 12x12 3-ring that holds only 20-30 pages (10-15 protectors) would be great. Albums that short just seem like a waste of a good three-ring album since I can fit upwards of 60 pages in them.

Edited by aquabunny on 06-16-17 08:38 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to Doreena

Hi, Doreena, Stampin' Up has the cutest piggie stamp set in the new catalog that was just released June 1st. No paper or embellies but the stamps are to die for!

southgirl
Expert
southgirl
In response to chocolateaxel

A trimmer that really works. One that does not run out of sharp at the drop of the hat and will cut in the right place and in a straight line. Not too heavy also.

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to southgirl

• southgirl Said:
A trimmer that really works. One that does not run out of sharp at the drop of the hat and will cut in the right place and in a straight line. Not too heavy also.

Good luck with that one ::

don1
don1 
Expert
don1
  • don1 on 06-16-17 09:38 PM
In response to Doreena

The file cabinet "go-organize.com
"Pow" punch, I had one but I broke it last year. I don't remember the brand.
The biggest problem with trimmers is the user. Take all that junk mail you get in Tuesday's mail and teach yourself how to use your trimmer. Paper is tough on any blade, maybe we should start using fabrics.

gluemore girl
Expert
gluemore girl
In response to aquabunny

• aquabunny Said:
I want three-ring albums meant for shorter projects. I have some 20-page albums from short vacations, and I put them in post-bound albums, but a narrow 12x12 3-ring that holds only 20-30 pages (10-15 protectors) would be great. Albums that short just seem like a waste of a good three-ring album since I can fit upwards of 60 pages in them.

This is what I wish for! I'm making an album for my DH and just don't want to use a huge 3 ring binder. I'd like it to match my other albums.

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to don1

• don1 Said:
The file cabinet "go-organize.com
"Pow" punch, I had one but I broke it last year. I don't remember the brand.
The biggest problem with trimmers is the user. Take all that junk mail you get in Tuesday's mail and teach yourself how to use your trimmer. Paper is tough on any blade, maybe we should start using fabrics.

I disagree.
I've used my trimmer(s) enough to know how to use it and I've used many types of trimmers and they all have had their flaws.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to gluemore girl

I have a scrapbook page scanner - it says its for 11 7/8 by 16 - but does 12 x 12 pages because the bed is a tiny bit larger than 11 7/8 so I can scan full scrapbook pages.

However, the quality is not what I want. Its an off-brand and I have to tweak a lot of pages to get the color right. I love it and it is perfect on part of what I scan, but the other half of the pages I scan I have to put in the HP 3-in-1 scanner, then scan in 4 parts then stitch it together in photoshop.

I would like a quality 12 x 12 scanner that has the same standards in color quality as my HP.

My scrapbook scanner is a Plustek. Sometimes it does great, sometimes the colors are awful.

Wish Cannon or HP or someone would make a quality large bed scanner with their high standard of nice colors at an affordable price!

I have seen some large bed scanners, but affordable, they aren't. Some are around $10,000!

Expert
In response to dwelch

dwelsh, this is my dream too!
I would love a 2 drawer 12x12 filing cabinet.

southgirl
Expert
southgirl
In response to christiscraps61

Henri I am glad you brought this scanner problem up.. I was considering buying a 12 by 12 scanner but hadn't found one that looked good. Maybe they will advance enough in a few years?

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to Henri Jean

• Henri Jean Said:

Wish Cannon or HP or someone would make a quality large bed scanner with their high standard of nice colors at an affordable price!

I have seen some large bed scanners, but affordable, they aren't. Some are around $10,000!

This would be at, or near, the top of my wish list also. I love my wide-format printer, but it would be so nice to not have to stitch for scanning. It's not hard to do...just extra steps.

Also, why are so many of the cabinets and drawers less that 12x12? Usually they're just a tad bit less. Would it be that difficult to make them so paper fits neatly? I know they are available, but there are so many that are close, but not quite right.

Otherwise, time and energy would be my biggest wishes.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to mrsdriver5

The Plustek is nice, I wouldn't give it up, but I just wish it was more of a quality printer. The color is just off on so many things. Its perfect on other things.

If something has bright colors and pastels in it - be it floral or striped or anything else, the pastels will wash out, sometimes to white.

Browns can sometimes be way off and sometimes blue is good, sometimes its off.

Wish I could afford a larger bed scanner with consistent good color!

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to Henri Jean

I made my own "POW" once by printing the image from somewhere online, cutting it, and coloring it with my copics. It came out great!

I would love to see 9x6 albums. It's a weird size, I know, but I ordered a chipboard album in that size years ago, and putting the pages together was quick and easy. I used 2-sided papers for each 2-page layout. Cut one piece in half, trim the extra 3" and flip it and then apply as a border to the 6" pieces.

Veteran
  • 0612 on 06-20-17 03:57 PM
In response to Luvmyfam

I wish someone would make a project life page, that could have a 12x12 on one size and pockets on the other side.

On another note: I really wish they would quit making so many dies, I can't seem to stop buying them

Edited by 0612 on 06-22-17 07:54 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

southgirl
Expert
southgirl
In response to 0612

LOL 0612 I agree or sell us an antidote.

Expert
In response to 0612

0612, I agree!
I have actually used red line tape and stuck a 12x12 pocket on the back of a PL pocket before.
I know it is a waste of sorts, but I really didnt want to use the other side of the PL pocket.

New Kid On the Block
In response to Doreena

I have been using this trimmer for close to 20 years. It uses a single edge razor blade for cutting which is enclosed in its own housing. Your finders don't get near it when cutting.
I highly recommend. When your cut seems a bit ragged, just turn the blade around.The only thing that it won't do is cut up and down. Falcon (Marshall) paper trimmer

Edited by maniba02762 on 06-25-17 10:32 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

don1
don1 
Expert
don1
  • don1 on 06-25-17 01:11 PM
In response to maniba02762

• maniba02762 Said:
I have been using this trimmer for close to 20 years. It uses a single edge razor blade for cutting which is enclosed in its own housing. Your finders don't get near it when cutting.
I highly recommend. When your cut seems a bit ragged, just turn the blade around.The only thing that it won't do is cut up and down. Falcon (Marshall) paper trimmer

?

angel1dot0
Expert
angel1dot0
In response to don1

Don, I think manibal meant that the cutting is done only in one direction.

cinderella4282
Guru
cinderella4282
In response to southgirl

• southgirl Said:

I'm obsessed with my cutterpillar....I have both the 12X12 one and the smaller one for crops. It's a rotary cutter and sharpens itself every time you use. I use it once a day for the last year and it can still cut small trips of paper.

southgirl
Expert
southgirl
In response to cinderella4282

I have a Cutterpillar too. It is ok. A bit too cumbersome and I cannot cut out pieces in the center of a page precisely like I can with the little slide cutters (cheap ones). I just want perfection.

Edited by southgirl on 07-01-17 08:09 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Samothrace
Guru
Samothrace
In response to 0612

• 0612 Said:
I wish someone would make a project life page, that could have a 12x12 on one size and pockets on the other side.

On another note: I really wish they would quit making so many dies, I can't seem to stop buying them

The project life page is a great idea! Since having my daughter, I have zillions of photos. So I have a bit of a hybrid going on with 12x12 and project life for just photos and journaling (I'm not always great about journaling right on my LOS)

Along with this, I wish they actually made a 3x4 punch to punch photos for these pages that actually worked. I was excited when I bought the We R Memories one, only to be disappointed when i could never get it to punch a photo.

Samothrace
Guru
Samothrace
In response to Samothrace

I also wish they had not discontinued the Zutter Distrezz It tool. I never got around the buying it then they got rid of it.

New Kid On the Block
In response to angel1dot0

Thank you, That is exactly what I meant.
I really need to proofread before I hit POST.

Vivian Lake
Idol
Vivian Lake
In response to aquabunny

• aquabunny Said:

I end up combing two vacations into one ring binder, and just use a page divider to separate them.

Samothrace
Guru
Samothrace
In response to Vivian Lake

• Vivian Lake Said:
  • aquabunny Said:

I end up combing two vacations into one ring binder, and just use a page divider to separate them.

That's a good idea. I've yet to jump to ring binders. I don't know why, I'd be able to get more pages in. lol

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics