Page 2 of 2 
Username Post: July Music Inspiration Challenge ***CLOSED AND CREATING***        (Topic#1666537)
SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to SonjaC

ARGH!!!

I'm so mad and sad!

Warning to whomever gets my song next month... It's going to be Linkin Park.... I LOVED them (saw them in concert, of course) and am so sad/mad their singer (Chester Bennington) committed suicide! I cannot even imagine what musicians and actors go through, but it must be some seriously heavy stuff for so many of them to choose to take their own lives...

I am also still marinating on my song LO.... For all that I lived and love the 90s music scene, I'm not much of an Alanis fan so I might be doing a CJ-like justification for the inspiration I use!

mrsmiller
Queen
mrsmiller
In response to SonjaC

Apparently he was extremely distraught over Chris Cornell's death and today would've been Chris' birthday. 😓

TexasMomOf4
Queen
TexasMomOf4
In response to mrsmiller

Before I learned about the Chris Cornell connection, my son was looking at the lyrics for "Heavy". He said that you could tell that something was up.

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to SonjaC

• SonjaC Said:
ARGH!!!

I'm so mad and sad!

Warning to whomever gets my song next month... It's going to be Linkin Park.... I LOVED them (saw them in concert, of course) and am so sad/mad their singer (Chester Bennington) committed suicide! I cannot even imagine what musicians and actors go through, but it must be some seriously heavy stuff for so many of them to choose to take their own lives...

I am also still marinating on my song LO.... For all that I lived and love the 90s music scene, I'm not much of an Alanis fan so I might be doing a CJ-like justification for the inspiration I use!

I'm not in this challenge but stopped by just to see if anyone mentioned this. I love/loved Linkin Park and am so sad RN!

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to mrsmiller

• mrsmiller Said:
Apparently he was extremely distraught over Chris Cornell's death and today would've been Chris' birthday. 😓

Yes... that's what I read also.
I'm sad for him that he was so tormented that he felt this was the best way to find relief...
I am also sad for his wife and 6 kids who lost their husband and father...

Sad all the way around! ::

Edited by Doreena on 07-21-17 07:45 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Scrapanda
Queen
Scrapanda
In response to Doreena

Definitely sad for the music world! It hurts my heart to know that anyone would take their own life.
And those lyrics to Heavy are definitely sad ones.

Edited by Scrapanda on 07-21-17 12:04 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

mrsmiller
Queen
mrsmiller
In response to Scrapanda

All of the Linkin Park lyrics are like that. I like them but it got to the point where I couldn't listen to them anymore because it was so darn depressing!

msmama
msmama 
Governor
msmama
In response to mrsmiller

dropping mine off. With twist of ribbon if rick rack counts.

You look Amazing By Msmama

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to mrsmiller

• mrsmiller Said:

Ugh that was sad as well, though I wasn't as much of a Soundgarden fan as hubs was. I did see him in concert as Audioslave though. UGH... I listened to Hybrid Theory earlier today working on my work project and had to stop because it made me so sad that another soul who was so talented is gone.

I already know which song I'm going to pick....

No, it's not going to be Heavy... Despite plenty of material, I don't think my recipient would appreciate me much for that!

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to Doreena

• Doreena Said:
  • SonjaC Said:
ARGH!!!

I'm so mad and sad!

I'm not in this challenge but stopped by just to see if anyone mentioned this. I love/loved Linkin Park and am so sad RN!

I refuse to add the 'd' at the end of love....

I did see Blink 182 cancelled the tour they had planned with LP tho... Interestingly Blink was one of the bands I saw with LP back in the day. That would have been epic! urg...

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to SonjaC

• SonjaC Said:
  • Doreena Said:
  • SonjaC Said:
ARGH!!!

I'm so mad and sad!

I did see Blink 182 cancelled the tour they had planned with LP tho... Interestingly Blink was one of the bands I saw with LP back in the day. That would have been epic! urg...

Interesting that you bring up Blink 182... I have listened to LP off and on over the years, never "stopped" listening to them. However it's been yearszzzzz since I listened to Blink 182 and just recently I got back into them, like I'd say within the last 3 weeks... I even purchased a Blink 182 Greatest Hits CD, hope this isn't some kind of an "omen".

Edited by Doreena on 07-23-17 06:57 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

TexasMomOf4
Queen
TexasMomOf4
In response to Doreena

acu

mrsmiller
Queen
mrsmiller
In response to TexasMomOf4

Jci.

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to Doreena

• Doreena Said:
  • SonjaC Said:
  • Doreena Said:
  • SonjaC Said:
ARGH!!!

I'm so mad and sad!

Interesting that you bring up Blink 182... I have listened to LP off and on over the years, never "stopped" listening to them. However it's been yearszzzzz since I listened to Blink 182 and just recently I got back into them, like I'd say within the last 3 weeks... I even purchased a Blink 182 Greatest Hits CD, hope this isn't some kind of an "omen".

LOL! Geez I hope not! I've actually had similar situation. Since loosing all my data on my old college computer, I didn't have the music I had back then (or the pictures), but since adding a ton of 90s music from mp3s and Pandora, I've really gotten back into my music genres. Feels good!
It should be noted I had CDs, but they've all been scratched or disappeared!

Isn't it funny/sad that the music we listened to is now a 'greatest hits' kind of music?

TexasMomOf4
Queen
TexasMomOf4
In response to SonjaC

mms

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to SonjaC

Funny and sad...

I used to listen to "oldies" on K Earth 101, now music I listened to when I was growing up is being played on there and I'm like, "wait...does that mean my music is now considered "oldies"... oh no!" LOL!

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to Doreena

• Doreena Said:
Funny and sad...

I used to listen to "oldies" on K Earth 101, now music I listened to when I was growing up is being played on there and I'm like, "wait...does that mean my music is now considered "oldies"... oh no!" LOL!

OMG you're in my head again! Sistas from another mista! Lol
I just said that to DH this weekend! We were listening to K-Earth as well and Pearl Jam came on and we both started feeling old! WHAT in the world?!? PEARL JAM as 'oldies'!?! Eddie Vedder is probably cringing from his Hawaiian beach house...

Scrapanda
Queen
Scrapanda
In response to msmama

Updated to here!

savvy scrapper amie
Governor
savvy scrapper amie
In response to SonjaC

Work has been nutty! BBL to leave love!

mrsmiller
Queen
mrsmiller
In response to savvy scrapper amie

ThriftyJenny
Tenant
ThriftyJenny
In response to mrsmiller

I did the bonus song! I'm just putting the direct link for now because I'm on my phone, and will be all day, and I cannot for the life of me get the embedding link to copy!!

Anyways, I loosely took the lyric "We went searching through thrift store jungles." My boyfriend and I are frequent thrift flyers so it really hit home. I used ribbon for the twist that came from also a thrift store. These LO isn't really celebrating any specific trip to a thrift store so I don't know how much journaling I will do. I am not sold on the "We searched through" and will probably change it, the, but it does what it needs to for now.

I will try my best to remember I need to embed it later, so hopefully by tomorrow it'll be right!

https://www.scrapbook.com/gallery/image/layout/ 5950571....

Edited by ThriftyJenny on 07-26-17 09:38 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to ThriftyJenny

Jenny your page is too cute and funny!! LOVE those random photos!

I am doing my page, I swear! I have two ideas: one loving and the other deep... Not sure where I'm going to go with it... Guess I'll let the papers tell me...

shhh did you hear that?

They said get some coffee first... Alrighty then, the papers have spoken!

Scrapanda
Queen
Scrapanda
In response to SonjaC

Sonja you are too funny!

Here it is Jenny! I can never make it work from my phone or the iPad either!
Through thrift store jungles By ThriftyJenny

ThriftyJenny
Tenant
ThriftyJenny
In response to Scrapanda

Thanks Sonja, you are a rock star! I've been running around all day and haven't even gotten close to stopping until now!

TexasMomOf4
Queen
TexasMomOf4
In response to ThriftyJenny

acu

Scrapanda
Queen
Scrapanda
In response to TexasMomOf4

It's that time again! Here is the August link. Remember you have to submit July's first!
https://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showtopic.php?tid/1666...

mrsmiller
Queen
mrsmiller
In response to Scrapanda

Acu and signed up for next month. Head on over and sign up! I need something to do today.

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to mrsmiller

Argh! I still have to sit down and do my July page before I can poison someone with a Linkin Park song for August....

Sorry, not sorry...

luv46kdz
Idol
luv46kdz
In response to SonjaC

ACU mms

It's very sad that some musicians are so tormented but I think that's where their talent sometimes come from I wish they'd use their wealth to check into a top notch hospital for the sake of their kids even if it used every last dime they had. Somehow I think the kids would take the loss of wealth to have their parent back.

Oldies yup had 101 on and it wasn't playing 50's and I was like wuuuuut when did the 80 and early 90's become oldies

Need to get mine going know the pic and line for a couple just been enjoying summer and working in a swap

savvy scrapper amie
Governor
savvy scrapper amie
In response to luv46kdz

I'm still brewing on mine too. Have the lyrics just haven't uncovered the right photo!!

mrsmiller
Queen
mrsmiller

jci!

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to mrsmiller

YES! I made it just in time! *whew!*

Here's my entry for July with five days to spare!
I went the sweet route and used the title line to tell my kids they oughta know how much I love them. (Everybody say AAWWWW)
Remember By SonjaC

Off to go sign up for August!

Scrapanda
Queen
Scrapanda
In response to msmama

Lovely Sonja! Got it added!

justLyn
Queen
justLyn
In response to Scrapanda

I have not forgotten, just been a month of Mondays or something. I have my photos and lyrics picked out, just haven't found a design that will make them play nicely together, yet. Plan on working on it between loads of laundry today, my guys willing.

savvy scrapper amie
Governor
savvy scrapper amie
In response to justLyn

I'm still working on mine. Two perspectives and haven't decided which one to use!

Scrapanda
Queen
Scrapanda

Good luck ladies!

justLyn
Queen
justLyn
In response to msmama

Finally coming in at the last minute!

My song was perfect for these two, as they really are great friends and will always stand by each other, but I really struggled to make it all work together until I simplified it down to one word from the last line, "friends".

Brother Sister Friends By JustLyn

luv46kdz
Idol
luv46kdz
In response to justLyn

Look at me just dropping this at the last minute

Best Summer By Luv46kdz

I have had a great summer with my kids. I'm sick that they go back next week I friggin hate it! Look close and see their legs in the wave My son and dgd spend hours in the water.

My song was Listen To Your Heart by Roxette and I pulled the line lost in the tide. Perfect

Scrapanda
Queen
Scrapanda
In response to msmama

Sorry for closing so late! We were camping and I didn't have good signal! Our winner is msmama! You get to pick the bonus for August!

Page 2 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics