Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: JULY Budget Challenge        (Topic#1666575)
Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake

Details:
We're here to try to stay within limits on our scrappy/crafty spending, though we have plenty of enabling going on! We take turns hosting (whomever has time that particular month) as it gets a bit chaotic sometimes! We are a chatty bunch of savers and enablers! (Mostly enablers!)

The rules: List your scrappy budget for the whole month. Then list the high priority items that you want to buy this month!
OPTIONAL List something you are NOT allowed to buy all month! (Forty lashes with a piece of wet twine if you cave in on that one!)

Tell us how much you spend throughout the month, and keep track of it as you spend. We like details about your shopping around here. No such thing as TMI! You do not have to include costs for adhesives, swaps, storage, gifts or shipping, unless you want to. Please round to the nearest dollar value.

Please enable and tempt us to buy the wonderful items we want....but don't tempt us to bust our budget!!!

Whatever works for you - a no buy challenge, a do this many layouts before I spend this much - whatever goes as long as there is some aspect of a budget involved. And yes we all bust now and then...no wet noodle flogging here.

Pat - $125 - ROAD TRIP!
Spent $33 = $92 - 6 = 86 - 14 = 72 - 25 = 47 on the Oxides you won't be sorry! Done buying...... close to budget amount.

Sharon - $85 - and not looking
I looked -$4 = $81
$85 - $4 = $81- 20 = 61 - 27 = $34 - BUST big time

Linda - $100 - but really $200 as DH is paying the first $100 - probably busted but got some good deals.....

Shalene - $0 - she spent it last month!! $60 for Cricut machine but technically it is not a bust as we don't count equipment/machines.

Sonja - $80 + GS - lets see how the SMS goes...

CoolCath - $150 - maybe some clothes...

Julie - $300 - New Oxide inks, so cool!!

Tina - $50 - just in case as all class and supplies for the month are paid for. 50 - 10 = 40 - 3 = 37

Janeen - $150 - Whatever her heart fancies!!
FIRST bust of the month, NO secrets here!!

Chris - $0

Amanda - $150 IF she gets her 10 pages done this month - lets cheer her on!!

And late to the game but still budgeting...

Ana - $100 - we won't count your shopping trip before announcing budget plans.

Kelly - $75 - Watch that paper weight if your dream come to fruition!! 75 - 25 = 50

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to Sewflake

Ok. I'm in.

I'm going to set a budget of $125, but I doubt I spend it all. I don't get out to the craft stores all that often -- I actually have to PLAN to go, so when I do, I often spend quite a bit. I haven't been in over six weeks.

The joys of living out in the sticks. Everything is a road trip adventure!

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to GentlewoodFarms

I am still contemplating my budget for July...... I can't think of anything that I want now that I am all tied up in the wet noodles for ordering the Oxide inks last night...

Budget $85

No buy - ink
Want list - I never want till I see it!!

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to Sewflake

Boy that's me. I don't know WHAT I want, but I expect I'll buy a few of those oxides if I actually SEE them.

Or if I go hunting for them.

I'm always a sucker for Christmas stuff as well. I do tags for my art tag garland, and I'm teaching a small class of those this year, so if something inspires me for that, I could drop a nice wad of cash.

So far, I've not seen anything particularly eye popping yet.

I do want the TH most recent reindeer die. I have a project in mind for it, so I'll probably cave and get it either this month or next.

Governor

So I need a big loophole. DH says $100 but we all know that might last for VIP hour on Friday, which still leaves me with 16 hours at Expo market. I say the first $100 is on DH cc and I can still give myself $100. My lss will be there with new TH oxides and he said it's ok to support her. He's so wonderful because he always stops if we're on the neighborhood and always has something for me at check out!

I guess you could avi me as "Expausted"

Governor
In response to boricuapr

Pat you will LUV the oxides

Msnickers2
Queen
Msnickers2
In response to boricuapr

I really need to put my budget at $0 since I went way over last months budget

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to Msnickers2

Hi all! I'm back to the land of the living! Both my SMS invoices got cancelled and this month is the sale. I'm going to st a budget of $80 to require those that got cancelled and this time I'll pay in advance! The rest of the budget is g/cs I have been given.
Wishlist: Sizzix dies I don't need, tball paper I want, the BB Christmas papers I have been wanting forever, but probably don't need and anything else that strikes my fancy!

Hi to all!
Pat I'm glad your surgery went well!

Sharon thank you for hosting - start chewingthose noodles so you can get out of Bustville! Need some pasta sauce?

Linda, I want your loophole! Lol

Welcome Shalene!

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to SonjaC

Looks like we are off to budget land..... easy when you sneak in some last minute shopping in June.

Glad to see you again this month Shalene....
to all the returning budgeteers!

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to Sewflake

Ok. So I went to HL to see about getting some Distress Oxides. They did not have any. But they DID have the thinlits for the garden greens, which I've been wanting for a while since it has that pretty ivy and that little mistletoe looking kind of thing. So I picked it up for 19.99 30% off, so $14. Good deal.

I grabbed some Shiny Red Thickers since they had them. $5.

And I got a kit of Authentique Seaside Collection Kit at 50% off of $9.99 so that was another $5

And I bought a flamingo die cut, just because I wanted one and they had them 30% off of $12.99 so $9.

So $33 off my $125 budget. Not too awful. I still have $92 to play with. And I have enough paper to finish my Seattle Album now. I'm excited about THAT.

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake

Quick going to work on the budget Pat!! Who is next?

CoolCath
Mayor
CoolCath
In response to Sewflake

I am in I think $150. I do want some new supplies and I have about $200 in my scrapbook.com basket. but I have vacation this month so I think I can do it.. plus I bought some new clothes and a purse on sale at the outlet mall.. lol..

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to Sewflake

• Sewflake Said:
Quick going to work on the budget Pat!! Who is next?

Well, gosh - I haven't scrap shopped in a couple of months, so I was due, right? That's my story and I am sticking to it!

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake

Oh yes, you were due and showed great restraint!! IMHO

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to Sewflake

• Sewflake Said:

It's easy to show restraint when you have an entire scrapbook store in one of your spare bedrooms.

julie101
Diva
julie101

Budget $300

Wants new colours in the oxide inks, art journaling, stamps, and water colours

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to julie101

Pat the new oxides haven't gotten shipped to stores yet. Preorder only. I haven't seen the first 12 in HL or M's or J's only my local store and online

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to tinadn

I'm setting a $50 budget. I still have gift cards and only signed up for one class this month which is paid for and so are the supplies.

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to tinadn

SB.com has the new Oxide inks.
I have seen the 1st colors of Oxide in our M's

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to tinadn

• tinadn Said:
Pat the new oxides haven't gotten shipped to stores yet. Preorder only. I haven't seen the first 12 in HL or M's or J's only my local store and online

I figured the new ones wouldn't be there, but I don't have any of the OLD ones yet, which was what I was looking for. I don't need a full set - I'd like to just play with them a bit and see how I feel about them before jumping in with my usually whole hog approach.

Since I'm trying to downsize and all.

godschild94
Governor
godschild94

• GentlewoodFarms Said:

It's easy to show restraint when you have an entire scrapbook store in one of your spare bedrooms.

LOL...me too! My family refers to my scraproom as "my own personal store"!

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to godschild94

• godschild94 Said:
  • GentlewoodFarms Said:

LOL...me too! My family refers to my scraproom as "my own personal store"!

Yes, you would think I could show restraint with a room full of supplies!! One of the reasons I am here at the budget challenge!!

godschild94
Governor
godschild94

I'm in again as well. Going to set my budget at $150...since I am home scrapping all month and I am sure things will call out to me. Now to just be uber-productive for the next 30 days!

wants - paper!, new Stampin' Up ink colors, whatever else my heart fancies. :), and probably a few new albums to house the pages I will create.

Do Not Buy - It should be paper but we all know that won't happen!

Chris Aiton
Expert
Chris Aiton

Just stopping by to say hi - my budget for July will be 0 as I am trying to get rid of stuff and I can't imagine having much time to scrap as DH will soon begin daily radiation treatments. I have gone back to knitting and embroidery - things I can carry along with me. I discovered some craft stuff I had forgotten or misplaced while ridding and packing so I have plenty of "stuff" to play with. Those oxide inks look pretty cool though!

Scrapanda
Queen
Scrapanda
In response to Chris Aiton

Hi everyone! I still have 10 pages to go in my personal no buy challenge so if I can get that done this month (usually not a problem to do 10 a month but we are camping a lot this month!) then I am at $150

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake

Glad you stopped by Chris. I too carry much more portable crafts along with me when traveling/waiting. It's good to have something to keep the hands busy! Our own personalized "figit"!

Thoughts and well wishes go with you as the treatments begin.

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to Sewflake

You go Amanda!! Close now to your goal of 100 LO before spending!!

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to Sewflake

Used my new garden greens die cut that I bought yesterday on this, but that's the only thing new. The rest is all old stuff - older than three years at least.

Pioneer Square Totum Pole By GentlewoodFarms

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake

Still not looking at new items to purchase, just looking at the shipping notice of what I bought the end of June. That is more than enough to keep my addiction at bay for a time. I also need to look at more ways to use the inks.........

godschild94
Governor
godschild94
In response to Sewflake

Spending my day cleaning my scraproom today and I am realizing I have a paper problem... I need to stop buying it for like at least 6 months. Then maybe I can use up some of what I already have....So although I have a budget I am going to try my darndest not to buy anything!

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

• GentlewoodFarms Said:
  • Sewflake Said:

I beg to differ there... A whole store in my living room and I STILL can't show restraint on new stuff!

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms

• godschild94 Said:
Spending my day cleaning my scraproom today and I am realizing I have a paper problem... I need to stop buying it for like at least 6 months. Then maybe I can use up some of what I already have....So although I have a budget I am going to try my darndest not to buy anything!

Hello, Janeen. My name is Pat. I'm an addict. Welcome to circle time.

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms

• Chris Aiton Said:
Just stopping by to say hi - my budget for July will be 0 as I am trying to get rid of stuff and I can't imagine having much time to scrap as DH will soon begin daily radiation treatments. I have gone back to knitting and embroidery - things I can carry along with me. I discovered some craft stuff I had forgotten or misplaced while ridding and packing so I have plenty of "stuff" to play with. Those oxide inks look pretty cool though!

Prayers for your husband!

You might consider taking up crochet with some pretty cotton thread and crocheting lacy flowers for when you will be able to sit at your scrap table again. Girl can never have too many lacy flowers.

godschild94
Governor
godschild94

• GentlewoodFarms Said:
  • godschild94 Said:

Hello, Janeen. My name is Pat. I'm an addict. Welcome to circle time.

Yes I need this....and I just want to go buy more paper...ugh!

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms

I've done something kind of therapeutic with my paper, and it's helped me with my compulsion to buy more of it.

I started with post it notes, but I've graduated to 2 gallon ziplock bags which hold a 12x12 sheet of paper exactly.

I went through my stacks -- now you have to set aside a time and a place so you can spread OUT to do this. My scrap room looked like a paper tornado had blown through for a couple of days until I got it sorted and organized.

I created stacks of papers that "go together" in sets of ten. I don't usually USE that many papers on a project, but ten seems to feel like a good number to allow me some creative latitude later.

But once a stack hits ten it's a kit (I call it a family) and I set it aside. Those papers are now ready to go together to build a project and I don't have to dig for something inspiring the next time. Some sets I just can't build to ten because I just don't have that many "go withs" so they're skimpy. But they're still a family.

I think the reason it worked for me is that it was KIND of like shopping - that looking and touching and making decisions and putting it together and visioning it. And that really helped. I know we laugh about how we all want paper, but honestly - the last time I bought a stack of paper was ... three years ago. That's the truth. When I want to create or scrap, I just grab one of those kits.

Now - the thing is... when I'm done with the kit, I take any of the papers that I have not used and put them in a "take to the day care" box. There's no point is putting them back on the shelf. I wanted them to go with THIS set of papers, and they didn't work today, so I don't need them. The other papers on the shelf already have families of their own and they're not adopting strays.

I know. It sounds corny. But it worked. It really did. For me, anyway.

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms

The other thing is ... I think of my scraps box as a container. When it's full, then it needs to be emptied. I take the top third of what's in it to keep (since the newest stuff is always at the top) and put the rest in the "take to the day care" box.

Eventually, the day care gets some fun papers for art projects and I get a clean box to start over with. I have NEVER missed anything that I've given to the day care. Not one single thing. In fact, I can't even tell you what I've given them (and over the last year it's been a LOT). I think I MIGHT have given them my collection of cat eye inks because I was looking for a black one today and didn't have any. But I used my Black Soot DI and was perfectly happy....

What I guess I'm saying is - your scrap space is a container, so it's a fixed size. When you put something out of reach or out of sight in an organizational system, you are likely to forget you have it. On most projects the things we use are the things closest to hand.

Your space doesn't expand to accommodate your inflow. You gotta get to a place where you're sending out as much as you're bringing in - and in fact, I'd like to be a little lean in that department because I'd like to go looking for something PARTICULAR instead of just random shopping.

Sorry. I'm rambling. Guess I'm feeling a little philosophical tonight.

julie101
Diva
julie101

Stopping by to say HELLO no spending here yet

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to julie101

Wow Pat, that is quite a system for papers and sounds amazing in theory as well as a win win for day care!
In my reality it won't work as part of my therapy is physically going thru my papers WITH photos in hand making up kits BUT the full sheets of paper that don't (if there are any) get used go back in their paper holders (see below) that are laying on their spine side in a book case by color. Waiting for the next kit making day!!

I can't even throw scraps away!! That is where I get most of my papers for die cuts and Cricut work. I can't for the life of me throw something away that I think I can use!! Once in a while I can clean out my scraps and I let my DIL go through and take any of my papers that she might want to use. I did tell her that she has to have a project in mind and not take papers just because she likes them. I also let her go thru my ribbons and took half of every one she wanted.

OK that was way more confession than what I had intended!! Paper addicted here!!!
Products Referenced in This Post:

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to Sewflake

busy scrapping so no time for shopping......

Msnickers2
Queen
Msnickers2
In response to Sewflake

I haven't spent any money yet and I hope I don't cave in and buy anything. I'm trying to restrain myself, but its hard.

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake

Good for you Shalene.... it seems a little quiet for spending 5 days into the month..... still a long way to go!!

I have not been looking at products just checking to see when my order from June will arrive, not till Monday! I need to do a little planning so I have a change to play with the inks upon arrival!

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

• GentlewoodFarms Said:
I've done something kind of therapeutic with my paper, and it's helped me with my compulsion to buy more of it.

I started with post it notes, but I've graduated to 2 gallon ziplock bags which hold a 12x12 sheet of paper exactly.

I went through my stacks -- now you have to set aside a time and a place so you can spread OUT to do this. My scrap room looked like a paper tornado had blown through for a couple of days until I got it sorted and organized.

I created stacks of papers that "go together" in sets of ten. I don't usually USE that many papers on a project, but ten seems to feel like a good number to allow me some creative latitude later.

But once a stack hits ten it's a kit (I call it a family) and I set it aside. Those papers are now ready to go together to build a project and I don't have to dig for something inspiring the next time. Some sets I just can't build to ten because I just don't have that many "go withs" so they're skimpy. But they're still a family.

I think the reason it worked for me is that it was KIND of like shopping - that looking and touching and making decisions and putting it together and visioning it. And that really helped. I know we laugh about how we all want paper, but honestly - the last time I bought a stack of paper was ... three years ago. That's the truth. When I want to create or scrap, I just grab one of those kits.

Now - the thing is... when I'm done with the kit, I take any of the papers that I have not used and put them in a "take to the day care" box. There's no point is putting them back on the shelf. I wanted them to go with THIS set of papers, and they didn't work today, so I don't need them. The other papers on the shelf already have families of their own and they're not adopting strays.

I did something very similar last summer, Pat. (Again, sisters from another mother!) I got a box of 100 2-gallon Ziploc bags from Amazon for like $13-15 and organized all my papers into sets too - BUT - mine are the coordinating sets. All of my Basic Grey Indian Summer papers are in one bag with stickers, embellies, buttons, etc, all my BB You're Invited papers, embellies, stickers, etc are in another. I'm OCD in that when I get a set, I need the whole set including all the coordinating goodies. So I am trying to keep most of them together.
Then all my non sets are organized to grouping bags. 'Summer' papers here, 'School' papers there, 'Halloween' papers, Christmas papers, woodgrain papers (believe me I have ahem a few), 4th of July papers, birthday papers, etc, etc, etc and a miscellaneous paper bag as well for those that just don't fit.
It's helped a LOT for when I'm trying to find that one paper line or sports paper I want to use, I just go to the bag. I've used more of my goodies that way and found what I don't need to buy more of (Halloween, 4th of July, summer/beach, the aforementioned woodgrain....)

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to SonjaC

I love the daycare idea, too Pat, but I'm like Sharon. I always think I can 'use' that paper somewhere down the road, and to prove it, I did awhile back. (see my 'pie' Rainbow pages from last year.

Having said that, I am thinking once my son starts the BIG K this fall, maybe his class will utilize those papers....

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to SonjaC

• SonjaC Said:
I love the daycare idea, too Pat, but I'm like Sharon. I always think I can 'use' that paper somewhere down the road, and to prove it, I did awhile back. (see my 'pie' Rainbow pages from last year.

Having said that, I am thinking once my son starts the BIG K this fall, maybe his class will utilize those papers....

Yeah - it's a dilemma how much left over paper to keep. I've gone from 'every little scrap' to "gotta have at least a 4" side on it or a graphic that would be usable. That's helped me cut down a lot as well.

And I also downsized my leftovers box. It used to be this HUGE rubbermaid tub - think the biggest one you can buy - and it was FULL of leftover paper, which I never managed to dig to the bottom of. It was a fire hazard just waiting for a spark to send my whole house up.

It was such a relief to get it out of here. And the day care kids were like, "whoa! We've never SEEN so much paper!" My current box is much more manageable. 15" x 12" and only 6" deep. It fits and sits on a shelf now, so I'm more motivated to dig through it - and it doesn't hold as much so it gets emptied more often. Because it's so much smaller, I pretty much know exactly what's in it...

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms

And I have my paper packs together as well. They're all on a separate shelf of their own. I pretty much only do those with Graphic 45, BoBunny, or Simple Stories.

I do have Halloween kits, and Christmas kits, and Valentines kits, and Easter kits, and July 4 kits. So I did do SOME of that - but I did it with the patterned paper sets... so some of my current papers for the Seattle Album I'm working on - they'll end up in a July 4 family kit when my album is finished because they're all that lovely navy and red and soft beige.

I have a small stack of "waiting for families" papers, and when I finish with a paper pack, I shuffle through those and try to match up as many papers as will go together. I also check my "skimpies" to see if anything from my last pack would finish fleshing out one of those little families.

It really DOES feel a lot like shopping when I do it, so I think it's got to be feeding my compulsion in some way, because I don't even go through the paper aisles anymore. Now the DIE cuts - that's a whole nuther story, and for those I need some serious intervention. Three shelves and counting at this point....

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake

Now this is what a like! More chatting and scrapping less spending!!! I did look today but nothing caught my fancy/imagination!
Finished a page and waiting for the morning light!

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to Sewflake

I'm going to TRY to get my Gallery Inspiration page going today. But I don't really have exactly the thing I want to replicate the lift that I was given, so I went over to the Dusty Attic site and did a little window shopping. I didn't BUY anything, but I did put a few items in my cart. I haven't decided that I for sure want them...because the truth is, by the time they'd get here, it'd be too late to use them for the thing I want them for if I hope to get done this month....

Of course, there's always that second chance challenge ...

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

A week into July and no spending here. No scrapping yet tho either

godschild94
Governor
godschild94
In response to tinadn

I have a cart full here of stuff I want...haven't hit the buy yet. It's all collections for photos I have ready to scrap so I will probably end up doing it tomorrow. But I have done 5 layouts this week, so at least I'm using stuff.

For me scraps have to be at least 4x6 to go back into normal storage except for cardstock because I store the scraps with the whole sheets in pocket sleeves. If not then it has to be versatile enough to use for a card. I have a small pile of "card" scraps that I will go through when I make cards.

My real problem with paper though is that I rarely use a whole sheet of patterned paper. I'll cut a strip off the paper and then the rest goes back into my stash so I am using stuff but I'm still putting most of each sheet back. So it doesn't look like I am using it but I really am.

Msnickers2
Queen
Msnickers2

I spent $60 today but I only did it because I really wanted to use my Cricut machine. Which I haven't been able to use for years because I needed a new cord. So I went on Ksl classifieds and found a cricut machine that they wanted to get rid of. It also came with a nice bag that rolls. So now I have 2 cricut machines, but I can finally use mine! I'm so excited to play with it again!

julie101
Diva
julie101
In response to SonjaC

• SonjaC Said:
  • GentlewoodFarms Said:

I did something very similar last summer, Pat. (Again, sisters from another mother!) I got a box of 100 2-gallon Ziploc bags from Amazon for like $13-15 and organized all my papers into sets too - BUT - mine are the coordinating sets. All of my Basic Grey Indian Summer papers are in one bag with stickers, embellies, buttons, etc, all my BB You're Invited papers, embellies, stickers, etc are in another. I'm OCD in that when I get a set, I need the whole set including all the coordinating goodies. So I am trying to keep most of them together.
Then all my non sets are organized to grouping bags. 'Summer' papers here, 'School' papers there, 'Halloween' papers, Christmas papers, woodgrain papers (believe me I have ahem a few), 4th of July papers, birthday papers, etc, etc, etc and a miscellaneous paper bag as well for those that just don't fit.
It's helped a LOT for when I'm trying to find that one paper line or sports paper I want to use, I just go to the bag. I've used more of my goodies that way and found what I don't need to buy more of (Halloween, 4th of July, summer/beach, the aforementioned woodgrain....)

Good ideal i done something like this to make life so much easier and if i don't use the paper going to give it away

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to julie101

Fortunately Shalene we don't count machines and storage against our budget..... besides now you will have lots of fun cuts to put on your projects!!!

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to Sewflake

I have come to the conclusion that having a room FULL of supplies gives you the ability to scrap ANY theme you desire without having to go out shopping!!! All in all I like having a room full of paper!!!
I am low to nonexistent on grunge boy themed papers. Also could use a few little boy papers without being baby, but I will hold off on those (lil boy) for "as needed" shopping.

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to Sewflake

• Sewflake Said:
I have come to the conclusion that having a room FULL of supplies gives you the ability to scrap ANY theme you desire without having to go out shopping!!! All in all I like having a room full of paper!!!

Oh - me too. For sure. And you're right - having a lot gives you a lot of options. I just got frustrated with how long it took me to make a decision about my options. It was cutting into the actually project creating time. I still have WAY more options than I need, but I'm beginning to see an obvious dent in things, and that's a tremendous feeling!

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake

Pat, I guess my "options" other than paper are more limited so It does not take me long to run down the mental list of what I have to use. If I don't have anything then I have to make a Cricut/Silhouette cut work! Those I can almost always find something that will go on a page, it is just if I want to take the time to do all the work!! Like that Mickey on my last Disney page. I was really happy I took the time cause I thought it turned out well and better than paying $4 for one!!

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to Sewflake

This Happy Place By Sewflake

The page and Mickey mentioned.

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to Sewflake

Checking in! No spending and none likely to happen either!

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to SonjaC

I just bought some a seaside laser cut chipboard from Reneabouquet's etsy gallery.

They were $5.99 so subtract $6 from my budget.

92 - 6 = $86 remaining.

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

I LOOOVE Renea's shoppe, Pat! I got my sparkley glitter glass from her! Might have to browse.... since I'm doing ZERO scrapping!

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to SonjaC

I can show you what I bought if you like. ;-)

https://www.etsy.com/listing/268325289/blu e-fern-studio...

Only one left. Best to hustle!

But they have two more here ...

http://www.franticstamper.com/Blue-Fern-Studios--Ch ipbo...

godschild94
Governor
godschild94

Well that didn't take long...I am busted! Trips to J's, HL, M's and a cart full from here all in about 3 days. LOL! This is what happens when I am home on summer break and my time is actually mine. I picked up several paper collections that I want to use on pictures that I have to scrap, plus a few distress inks, and a new Silhouette blade. Plus a few fun things.

Now I just have to wait for my sb.com order to come in...I hate waiting for these types of packages. I just want to scrap with my new stuff!

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms

Yeah - the new stuff. TOO much fun!

Hope it gets here quickly before it becomes OLD stuff.

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake

Just got back from a shopping trip to HL! I had several paper pads along with loose card stock in my cart, at 50% off you can't miss..... well the more I read the signs I realized the papers I had picked up did not count for the 50% off!!! I was saved by the cost!! Spent $4 on black cardstock cause I am almost out plus- IT was 50% off!!

$85 - $4 = 81

I got a roll of ATG tape too but that is a staple!!

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to Sewflake

Lets see those new supplies in a layout soon Janeen!!

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to Sewflake

I'm thinking about taking a run over to the west side of town -- that's the only Michaels in OKC, and I need to get out of this house for a bit.

I don't NEED anything, but it might be fun to just go look....

Just THINKING about it at the moment. Not really PLANNING to do it. I need to check weather and water troughs first. That'll probably wear me out.

Chris Aiton
Expert
Chris Aiton

Hi everyone - just checking in and catching up with all of your purchases and layouts - looks like everyone has been busy!!! one way or the other!

DH is in Hospice and I am going down for 2 days and then home 1 day. The VA has a lovely family house where I can stay when I am down there. DH is getting wonderful care and I can't say enough good things about the VA. On Friday a young volunteer with the social worker asked me questions about DH and told me that she is making him a scrapbook page about his life for his room and for me to take home. WOW! so touching.

Until next time keep scrapping (and buying) - I am living vicariously through you guys

godschild94
Governor
godschild94
In response to Sewflake

Don't worry they will be. The papers I bought are all for specific photos I have in my scrap queue...specifically camping with friends, Toy Story Mania, and the Be Our Guest restaurant at Magic Kingdom.

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake

Hi Chris glad you could stop in..... I am pleased that hubby is getting such good care at the hospice facility! Lots of positive thoughts are coming your way...
How far from home is the facility? And is it possible that can you stay there the whole time?
Anyway, lots of hugs!

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms

• Chris Aiton Said:

DH is in Hospice and I am going down for 2 days and then home 1 day. The VA has a lovely family house where I can stay when I am down there. DH is getting wonderful care and I can't say enough good things about the VA. On Friday a young volunteer with the social worker asked me questions about DH and told me that she is making him a scrapbook page about his life for his room and for me to take home. WOW! so touching.

Until next time keep scrapping (and buying) - I am living vicariously through you guys

Hugs, Chris. I know it's a tough time. Hopefully your keeping yourself busy in the in-between-moments and you are finding time to REST, which is important for your wellbeing. You and your DH are in my prayers.

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms

Well, I went to Michaels. Bought a roll of blue and off-white twine for $5, a pack of washi tape for $5, and a couple of bling packs for $4.

So - $14 for that.

My budget is starting to feel a bit too small, actually. LOL.

$86 - $14 = $72

No Oxides so far. But I'm shopping. The drought is over!

Msnickers2
Queen
Msnickers2

I still haven't bought any scrapbook supplies and I'm really proud of myself

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake

Pat, still enough for Oxide inks and that mask if you can find one.

Hold strong Shalene hold strong!! How is the Cricut work coming??

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to Sewflake

Janeen, I have been eying the Disney papers (SS) and wondering if I need to add them to my collection! Think I have decided to go with what I have right now and see if I need more before I run out of pictures... It might be a close call though.

godschild94
Governor
godschild94
In response to Sewflake

Yes I am eyeing them too. I'm sure they will end up in my cart sooner or later. I already have collection I & II though but the new collection is so cute!

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to Sewflake

• Sewflake Said:

I think I found the mask at the WalMart site. It's an off site vendor, so I don't know if it's still available or if it's a cached page. I've got a question in re: inventory. If they have it, I am ON it.

The Oxides ... :: I'd need to purchase 4 of them at this point for sure ~ peeled paint, faded jeans, fired brick, and vintage photo. Those aren't the new ones, and they are in stock (see, I've been looking), so I'll probably go ahead and leap. Just waffling because I'm trying SO hard to behave and get stuff OUT rather than bring stuff IN.... but gosh those look like fun.

And I'm working on this Seattle album, and then I have a San Diego one - with lots of ocean stuff again. So it's not like I wouldn't USE it...

Msnickers2
Queen
Msnickers2
In response to Sewflake

• Sewflake Said:

I haven't had time to play with my cricut yet, but I'm itching to play with it!

Scrappin_baby
Governor
Scrappin_baby

Sorry for joining late but July is a really busy month for me -with the kids home and lots of activities planned for the summer.
Well June was difficult for me since my budget then was $0 and I guess DH noticed that and took me to M's yesterday and paid for my stuff
Putting my budget for the month of July at $100.
Not sure if shopping spree yesterday would count but if it does then $100-27.50
Budget balance : $72.50

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to Scrappin_baby

I am here!!! Gosh I thought I had already checked in for July.

Budget: $75
Wish: MFT Beach scene builder die. And I think LF might be having their second release some time this month, and you know I'll find an item or ten.

Pat, I really enjoyed listening to your paper solution. I'm actually mulling the whole thing over except I think I already have everything in families. I rarely ever cherry pick paper and almost always buy collections, and I'm currently completely overwhelmed by paper. I went 9 months without buying any paper and didn't make a dent in my situation. I know I should be brutal and purge, but then I think of my BG and Cosmo Cricket that are no longer with us and just can't. And while Bo Bunny used to be my favorite, they hardly warrant a second glance from me these days, so I hoard what I have and rue the loss of the glory days. I'm a fine paperholic mess.

And since we are talking paper, on the 30th I ordered KaiserCrafts Golden Grove collection, die cuts, and wood veneer. It's glorious. I mean glorious. I just want to pet it! KaiserCraft has that new Factory line coming out soon too, and I'm sure that will find its way to me as well and then I truly need another long paper break. My second floor is going to cave in! Plus I keep thinking that when we move to Florida (keep in mind we have zero plans to move to Florida, but I'm trying my best to manifest this into reality), I want to down size. What will become of this hoard?

Chris, I'm so glad to see you have been checking in. I think of you often and have been praying for you and your husband. Are you still trying to move? I can't imagine all the stress you must be going through, but know that we are here for you if you need us.

Sonja girl, get those invoices paid. Except now that they cancelled them how do you pay them? Do you now need to go the store? Oh dear, that could be problematic for you... And is your son really going to start K? How can that be? You just had him!!

Sharon, how was your trip?

Janeen, busted already?? On day 8? Say it isn't so!

Amanda, only ten more. You have got this!!!

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to Kamananui

Welcome in Ana and Kelly... it is never too late to budget!!

Ana, we won't count the spending before you announced your budget plans..... it was pity shopping and hubby paid for it!!

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to Sewflake

My order for the new Oxide inks are on the truck for delivery today!! Glad I paid for those in June!! I keep watching out the window, I am so ready to play with the new colors and have a smashing Christmas card in my mind!! We will see how it comes to life!!

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to Sewflake

Ok. I caved. I bought four Oxides through the shop here.

$25.45 $25 off my budget... rounding to the nearest half dollar...

$72 - $25.50 $25 = $46.50 $47.

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake

You won't be sorry Pat!!!!

I sat on the front porch while it was raining waiting for the postal carrier and ended up not coming that route, now I am watching for the UPS truck!!!

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to Sewflake

Checking in!
Considering I spent Saturday with DH and a lawyer resolving bad dept and Sunday doing chores and playing in the pool, my budget is still safe!

And I clamped my hands over my eyes so I wouldn't see that comment about the Disney papers.... STOP STOP STOP!!

Having said that, I have Mother's Day money and a gift card burning a hole in my pocket!

Kelly, they cancelled the invoices so I don't have to pay them. I'm sad, but the sale starts again soon and I plan to order my first choices of the items I didn't get -- and pay up front for them!!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to SonjaC

I spent $10 on a fruity deal...word dies.
HSN is having a craft day today and I'm itching to get a few things. I'm being productive making cards while watching.
Jennifer McGuire has great YouTube videos using the new oxide inks.

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to tinadn

Chris you are in my thoughts and prayers.

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to tinadn

Watch out, ladies... I might be spending today... My Merry & Bright line is on sale and I really want it!

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to SonjaC

STAY OFF the computer Sonja if you don't want to spend $$!

With that said I am working on a new card with a new technique (for me) for the Oxide inks.

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to Sewflake

Another technique to use those Oxide inks....

Coolin in the Shade By Sewflake

My original idea was to use chilling in the shade but by the time I came to the title I had forgotten!!

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to Sewflake

$25.00 spent. I ordered my MFT Beach Scene builder die and some how a washi tape slipped in. I had a $5.00 of coupon, so I don't feel too guilty about it. :P

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to Kamananui

Pat - we round to the nearest $ easier bookkeeping for non math people then you still have to watch my fuzzy math!!

Beach scenes!! You will have to try the Oxide ink and mask technique for a really cool soft background Kelly. But what do I know, that die may be all the background you need.

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to Sewflake

Stop Stop STOP Sharon!!! *clamps hands over ears*
I will NOT fall victim to those inks!!!
but darn it they are cool....

I'm already teetering on a $50 purchase as it is... I have wanted to get the Merry & Bright line since... well since Christmas and have just wussed out of it. I was going to get them on evilbay, but realized I'd have to spend $50 total to get free shipping (or get gouged on the costs of shipping, even though I really love that supplier). And I have a $10 G/C for sb.com and they actually have all of the items I want for the set soooooo.... my finger is on the trigger... *gulp*

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to SonjaC

You can wait on the inks Sonja, after all I have not seen any layout from you recently

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to Sewflake

In all fairness I have not looked

OK, just none this month yet.....

Edited by Sewflake on 07-12-17 09:12 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to Sewflake

• Sewflake Said:
You can wait on the inks Sonja, after all I have not seen any layout from you recently

I know...

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to SonjaC

That's because she's too busy reading

Msnickers2
Queen
Msnickers2
In response to tinadn

Hey everyone! I'm so proud of myself. I haven't spent any money on scrapbook supplies

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake

Yea for everyone being good!!! Almost the middle of the month.

Me, not so much but still within my budget......$20 today on Nuvo crystals drops and dirt bike stickers for DGS. I did put the paper back........

$81 left - 20 = $61

kerella
Veteran
kerella

Chris - lots of positive thoughts for you and your family.

Pat and Sonja - I did something similar with my papers and 2-gal bags. My paper storage space is basically hanging it off a peg board on the wall (it's a big peg board and the mounting is well-reinforced). Seasonal papers are sorted into their seasons, themed papers are sorted into their themes, and the rest are sorted by color. Love that system.

I'm late to the table this month, but my budget was $130. *Was*. I got my notice last night that the TH stamp platform was in stock (*HAPPY DANCE*), and I now have $5 left.

Just waiting for my shipment tracking info so I can start counting down to unboxing day!

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to kerella

My Distress Oxides arrived yesterday. I haven't even opened them yet.

I'm working on an ATC set that I need for a swap, and I don't want to use my trial and error learning curve on something that I intend to share.

Tomorrow will be soon enough. I'm planning another Orca page, and I think they'll be interesting to play with for it.

I'm at work at the library today. The head librarian went to lunch so I have the desk. It's a slow day. I'm twiddling my thumbs at the moment. My idle gear does not work well...

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake

Yea for playing with Oxides. One thing to remember is you can't mess them up... If you don't like the look add more!!!

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics