Username Post: Using different size page protectors        (Topic#1666613)
New Kid On the Block

When I first started scrapbooking a few years ago I only scrapped in 8.5x11 and now I do 12x12. Does anyone mix these two sizes (and any other sizes) in their 12x12 albums? Do you like it? Do the different sizes being by each other in one album both you ?

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to ewegrzyn

Yes, I mix all and every size. I took a workshop from Lain Ehman and she is the one who introduced me to the idea. I like the look and it adds a bit of whimsy to my albums. I mix the sizes up throughout the album.

Tenant
In response to Luvmyfam

I mix sizes mostly when I'm working on a theme album, say a vacation. If I need a bit more room but not necessarily another layout, I'll use a small page layout to add to the one layout.

gluemore girl
Expert
gluemore girl
In response to scrappylove

I'm intrigued! Can this be done with a 3 ring binder album?
I do have the Fuse tool and finally used it (once) so thinking I could attach a different size protector to another.
Thanks in advance!

idlewoman
Veteran
idlewoman
In response to ewegrzyn

I mix the page sizes as well. And they will fit in a 3 ring binder. I also watched a video on Youtube by Lynn Como on using flip flap pages. She attached different sized pages to the 12x12 page protector. Loved the look of it. Plan to try it when I am scrapping lots of pics for one event and don't want 6 or 8 pages about the event.

Edited by idlewoman on 07-05-17 11:56 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to gluemore girl

• gluemore girl Said:
I'm intrigued! Can this be done with a 3 ring binder album?
I do have the Fuse tool and finally used it (once) so thinking I could attach a different size protector to another.
Thanks in advance!

I only use my 3-ring binder when I do this. If needed, I punch holes with my crop-a-dile to get the pages to line up.

Products Referenced in This Post:

gluemore girl
Expert
gluemore girl
In response to Luvmyfam

Thank you Idle and Luv!
I am very familiar with Lynn and flip flaps. My friend fit 22 photos into a 2 page LO with various sized flip flaps and it was awesome.
I use those a lot.
I do have the cropadile so will use both options.

idlewoman
Veteran
idlewoman
In response to gluemore girl

I'm amazed at that many pics on a LO! Hope I can do a few like that!

jaxxan
jaxxan 
Mayor
jaxxan
In response to Luvmyfam

Gosh I wish I could hit a "Love" button for your respone. I am still working on remembering to do it but I love the look too. For me it gives a bit of the mini album feel with different flaps and sizes.

gluemore girl
Expert
gluemore girl
In response to jaxxan

Thank you for the topic. Jax, I agree, it will add the fun interest of a mini album by doing this. I just bought the table top punch that Luv posted as it works better for me than the hand held one.
I'm wondering if I might do this with an album I'm working on now. Excited to try it!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics