Username Post: Adhesive Roller        (Topic#1666681)
nancydotcom
Veteran
nancydotcom

I've never used adhesive rollers before. I purchased the Umbrella Crafts 6 pack of adhesive rollers. Is there some trick to using them? I can't seem to get them to dispense, nothing happens. There are no instructions, so I watched the video, it looks as if you just swipe it and it rolls on. Mine do nothing as if they're stuck. Can anyone help me?
Products Referenced in This Post:

angel1dot0
Expert
angel1dot0
In response to nancydotcom

I don't have the same brand, but most rollers work the same.
When mine get 'stuck' it's usually because
A) there is no glue on the part of the roller that is touching the paper
B) the glue won't stick to the paper (this can happen for very 'fibery' papers like mulberry paper).

In the case of A, please feel with your finger if there is any glue on the tape, and if there isn't, just move it forwards a bit.

In case of B, try a different paper (regular office paper or whatever) .

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to angel1dot0

This sounds silly, but make sure you are holding them the right direction. I used to use this type all the time before I purchased my ATG. Often I would grab the roller quickly, but hold it upside down! It would take me a swipe or two before I realized my error.

Doreena
Queen
Doreena
In response to Luvmyfam

• Luvmyfam Said:
This sounds silly, but make sure you are holding them the right direction. I used to use this type all the time before I purchased my ATG. Often I would grab the roller quickly, but hold it upside down! It would take me a swipe or two before I realized my error.

Not silly at all, when I use these types of rollers I do the same thing. One in particular I buy it's more comfortable to hold it the wrong way so I always do that first before realizing my mistake, LOL!

don1
don1 
Pro
don1
  • don1 on 07-17-17 02:15 PM
In response to Doreena

To make sure I have the right end up and the cap on the right way, I make a line with a sharpie from the cap on to the body of the runner.
I buy my runners at Tuesday Morning, a pack of 4 for cheap. Mostly though I just use Scor-tape.

nancydotcom
Veteran
nancydotcom
In response to angel1dot0

Thank you for helping! I tried both things, I think there are 2 defective rollers, the others seem to be working as I expected.

nancydotcom
Veteran
nancydotcom
In response to Luvmyfam

This isn't a silly answer at all, it's the first thing I was questioning myself about. The 2 rollers I had trouble with didn't seem to work either way I held them. Thanks for your suggestion, I was beginning to think I was really inept. I thought I wasn't pressing down hard enough, maybe? Or holding at the wrong angle? They just won't move. Finally one of them tore loose so I guess it's really broken now. Oh well, the others are working for me.

nancydotcom
Veteran
nancydotcom
In response to Luvmyfam

Yes, I wondered about that myself, thanks. Maybe there should be an arrow or something that indicates up or where to put your finger on top. I just don't know why I couldn't get two of these to roll at all. The other 4 are working fine for me.

nancydotcom
Veteran
nancydotcom
In response to don1

I like your idea of the sharpie line. Also your shopping suggestion is appreciated. Thanks for your kind help!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics