Username Post: Hosting a Crop        (Topic#1666687)
Samothrace
Guru
Samothrace

So I was thinking this coming school year of hosting a district wide crop with my fellow teachers, probably on NSD, but possibly another this fall.

Just brainstorming some ideas of favorite games or things you did if you've hosted a crop. Thoughts?

I went to a crop quite a few years ago and we had a pink poodle beanie baby that started with one person, and as someone finished a project you yelled out PINK POODLE and the poodle was passed to you. If you had it at the top of the hour, you received a RAK.

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to Samothrace

We like to play Left, Right, Center at our crops. Are you familiar with it?

Also, it's fun to have a white elephant swap. Everyone brings scrap supplies they don't want... it's fun.

gluemore girl
Expert
gluemore girl
In response to bonprof

• bonprof Said:

Also, it's fun to have a white elephant swap. Everyone brings scrap supplies they don't want... it's fun.

^^^
Both of those are fun things that I've done @ crops.
It's nice to have a LSS and/or one other vendor on site such as Thirty One, or other scrapbook related... to offer a door prize or a make and take.

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to gluemore girl

Also, we play a game called Heads or Tails. Everyone stands, puts their hands on their head or bums; the host flips a coin. If it's heads, those with their hands on their bum, sit down. Repeat until one person left, and they win a prize.

Samothrace
Guru
Samothrace
In response to bonprof

• bonprof Said:
Also, we play a game called Heads or Tails. Everyone stands, puts their hands on their head or bums; the host flips a coin. If it's heads, those with their hands on their bum, sit down. Repeat until one person left, and they win a prize.

That's fun to get people to move every so often! lol

Samothrace
Guru
Samothrace
In response to bonprof

• bonprof Said:

I've done the white elephant before, and forgot about that!

I also play LRC with my hubbie and friends. Do you do it some kind of scrappy kind of way?

bonprof
Queen
bonprof

No, we just each pitch in a dollar. So the person who wins get a nice little bit of money. Lol

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to bonprof

I don't know Left Right Center. Can you explain how it's played?

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to GentlewoodFarms

Im on my phone. I will type the game out later.
Thank you

gluemore girl
Expert
gluemore girl

• Samothrace Said:
  • bonprof Said:

I've done the white elephant before, and forgot about that!

I also play LRC with my hubbie and friends. Do you do it some kind of scrappy kind of way?

We've done it where we pitch in small embellishment packages as well as some dollars. That made it fun!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics