Username Post: Sticky Carts        (Topic#1666863)
southgirl
Expert
southgirl

I know the answer is here somewhere but it would take days for me to find it.

My cartridges are sticky or gummy to touch. Is there something I can do?

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to southgirl

That is the first time I have heard of that!!! Weird, I have no idea what may cause that..... is it all of them or just a few.
Do they still work??
Do you use Cricut Craft Room or Design space?
If not you may want to look into that and at least get them linked to an account in your name, then you will not need to use the cartridges unless you are designing without a computer.
When they are linked, you can still use the cartridges (as long as they still work) with your machine.
I can bet that Provo Craft is doing away with all of their cartridges so it may be hard to replace them. It won't be many years before they come obsolete.....

Good luck with finding an answer....I will probably check around a little to see if I can find anything on sticky cartridges.

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to Sewflake

I was just reading on Splitcoast stampers that someone had a problem with the sticky cartridges.....

http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-t ...

Not sure if this is what you have experienced or if the solution someone suggested would help.

If you do try it be careful with the baby powder....

southgirl
Expert
southgirl
In response to Sewflake

Most are sticky, a few has better, harder plastic. I have a Gypsy but I do not use Cricuts Design Space etc. Thanks for the link. I was thinking baby power might work. Yes I will be very careful with it.

scrappy_day
Idol
scrappy_day
In response to southgirl

Thank you for the post. I recently upgraded to the Explore Air 2 from the Expression 2 so I was linking my cartridges to Design space. I noticed a lot of my cartridges are sticky.
I'll check out the link and see what they suggest! Thanks.

ChansGram
Angel
ChansGram
In response to scrappy_day

Sticky carts????
Weird.
I'm going to try to remember to check mine to see if this is an issue.
Mine are all linked, so no biggie, but will still check them out.
Can't even think of a reason for this to happen.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics