Username Post: Card Makers ? for you...        (Topic#1666867)
Scraphappynicole
Governor
Scraphappynicole

I am a new card maker and I am planning on renting a table at the fall craft fairs. Can you please answer me a few questions?

1. How much do you sell your handmade/stamped/copic colored cards for?

2. Some cards that are oddly shaped and won't fit inside envelopes so would you suggest I just put them in cellophane bags?

Any advise or tricks are welcome. I have very few cards on Etsy and took my site down for a while. I just want to be sure, I am around where I should be price wise.

Thanks guys!
HUGS, Nicole

Edited by Scraphappynicole on 08-08-17 10:22 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

angel1dot0
Expert
angel1dot0
In response to Scraphappynicole

The price really depends on what kind of cards you are selling.

My cards are one of a kind cards with a 3d pop-up interior. I sell those (with a handmade envelope) for 20$.
Here's an example:
Baby dragon card

If I could sit down and make a whole batch of the same card I would charge less.

So about the envelopes: I use a We R Memory Keepers - Envelope Punch Board to make sure that I get an envelope the right size for each card.
Products Referenced in This Post:

Scraphappynicole
Governor
Scraphappynicole
In response to angel1dot0

I have that envelope maker. I played with it a few times and have yet to master it. Lame I know! Thanks for your help!

Scraphappynicole
Governor
Scraphappynicole

Great card by the way!

angel1dot0
Expert
angel1dot0

There's a lot of videos on youtube about the envelope punch board if you're having problems with it. I remember the first time I used mine I kept getting square envelopes because I thought that I was supposed to measure for each score and not only for the first score. Confusing.

Nowadays, my only issue with the product is that I find it is a bit wasteful in how it calculates the paper size needed for the envelope. Small price to pay for getting the right sizes though.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics